US Open Final: Hewitt vs Federer, who will win? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

US Open Final: Hewitt vs Federer, who will win?

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Both are in very good form and had impressive semi final performances, so who will win the US Open final?

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Federer. He's been the most consistent, and provides the perfect "antidote" to Hewitt's grind-it-out baseline style. I pick Feds in 4.

alfonsojose
09-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Hewitt hasn't played against anyone in the top 20 since losing to Andre in Cincy. Test time :devil: I think Federer domination is :zzz: but he defeated Andre and Henman. I want Roger to win ;)

Billabong
09-11-2004, 08:53 PM
I want Rogi to finish his match first:(! He just got broken:(!

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Alright, match point everyone.....

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Yes, Roger wins it. Bring on the potato....

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 08:57 PM
The last few matches have been very good for Federer, and I hope Federer can bring his best game and continue his oustanding finals record.

jazz_girl
09-11-2004, 08:59 PM
I want Roger to win, but I have a feeling Lleyton will do it...

MisterQ
09-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Federer should win this. But we know Hewitt will fight hard, and I hope it will be a good battle. If Hewitt can get inside Roger's head somehow, who knows what could happen...

TheBoiledEgg
09-11-2004, 09:02 PM
this one should be fun

wondering how many "come ons" we'll get to hear tomorrow
anything less than 10, then Roger is gonna :smoke: him :banana:

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Can Roger hand out another bagel to Hewitt?

Mrs. B
dream final, can hardly wait. Go, Roger. mash the potato. ;)

sigmagirl91
Can Roger hand out another bagel to Hewitt?

Sure, and he will bring peanut butter and cream cheese to enjoy the bagel with.

Tennis Fool
09-11-2004, 09:06 PM
This should be a great (if not classic) match. Two mentally tough players. Hewitt hasn't lost a set. Has no pressure. Fed is going for history, has never won here. Lots of pressure. Different styles. Should go to five. If Fed comes out nervous like he did today, Hewitt will be out to a quick start.

I'm not voting. I don't want to jinx anyone.

Port_Power
09-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Hewitt... eye of the tiger will hunt roger tomorrow ;)

Bilbo
09-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Funny how you underestimate Hewitt. If Hewitt plays his best Federer will lose. Can't see any advantage for Federer in this match.

Hewitt in 4 or 5 sets

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 09:08 PM
They bring the best out of each other and I want them to do it again, and I would love it if Federer could do the treble just like Wilander did, though I am not sure if I could handle a 4hr 57 min final.

asotgod
09-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Funny how you underestimate Hewitt. If Hewitt plays his best Federer will lose. Can't see any advantage for Federer in this match.

Hewitt in 4 or 5 sets

What if Hewitt plays his best and Federer does as well? We all know who will win. No one underestimates Hewitt. But at their best, Roger is way much better. That's not even a debatable point.

sigmagirl91

Hewitt in 4 or 5 sets

Roger is in a whole different league from a year ago. He's feeling his game right now, and when he's on, he's unbeatable. And Roger will get up for a Slam final, that's for sure. He's 2 for 2 against Hewitt this year in Slams, so Federer will be hard to go against here.

Richard Cranium

Hewitt in 4 or 5 sets

Have you not seen the last 3 matches that Federer has played against Hewitt? He knows he has to be ready to go straight away against him and no Hewitt is not being underestimated.

Billabong
09-11-2004, 09:14 PM
I don't want to vote on this one, but Fed is the favorite.. However he'll have more pressure than Lleyton, so who knows;)! Lleyton is playing extremely well right now, has not lost a set and he's very consistent! Rogi had more tests though and played very well today... Good luck to both:D!

lucashg
09-11-2004, 09:17 PM
I voted Federer because I want him to win, he deserves for what a great player he is and for the game he's been showing. But Hewitt is in a great phase as well, so I'm predicting a tough match for both. I hope both will fight hard and bring their best, it definitely has everything to be a classic match!

SLICK
Federer has built up quite an aura this year as world no.1. Can't see Hewitt taking more than a set off him. Will be a similar match to the Wimbledon classic than Fedex wrapped up in 4. Hewitt will go down fighting though.

Marc Rosset is Tall
My opinion on this match can be summed up like this.

"Lets get Ready to Rumble" and I am going for Federer.

Raquel
09-11-2004, 09:23 PM
I have never been so torn over a match because I love Roger and want him to win 3 Slams in a year but I have supported Lleyton for even longer and I am so happy he has fought back here after some people had written him off as a spent force already.

I just hope it's a great match and good luck to both :)

Bilbo
09-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Have you not seen the last 3 matches that Federer has played against Hewitt? He knows he has to be ready to go straight away against him and no Hewitt is not being underestimated.

Um, that was Hewitt not at his best. He's back to his old form like 2 years ago. I've seen both playing this week and Hewitt was better. Federer hasn't impressed me too much. He's not as good as he was at the beginning of the year.

Will be a similar match to the Wimbledon classic than Fedex wrapped up in 4. Hewitt will go down fighting though.

Um, Hewitt had 2 break points at 4-4 in the 4th set to take Federer into a 5th set. You call that a wrap up? Funny.

Fedex
09-11-2004, 09:30 PM
This match is in Federer's hands, and Bilbo is full of shit. If Federer is playing well, he will win this very easily. Both at their best, is not even a question. I doubt Lleyton could even win more than 2 games a set against Federer at his best. I also expect Roger will bagel Hewitt atleast once.

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Um, that was Hewitt not at his best. He's back to his old form like 2 years ago. I've seen both playing this week and Hewitt was better. Federer hasn't impressed me too much. He's not as good as he was at the beginning of the year.

Federer at his best is the best player in the world, it's that simple and Hewitt will have to play even better than he has so far in the tournament and now he is playing the best opponent. Federer has the confidence and this is the final and will be ready to go, of course Hewitt has a chance and anyone who says otherwise doesn't have a clue, but the way you are talking, you think Hewitt is the #1 here and not Federer.

Fedex
09-11-2004, 09:32 PM

Um, Hewitt had 2 break points at 4-4 in the 4th set to take Federer into a 5th set. You call that a wrap up? Funny.
I dont care., Youre full of crap buddy. Hewitt has no weapons to trouble Roger, bunting the balls back wont work. Roger is too good for that. Hewitt cant even touch Federer at his best. Hewitt played great in all of his matches vs. Roger, but was crushed every time

Bilbo
09-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Have you seen Hewitt at his best 2001 against Sampras? It was the best return game of all time.

You are full of crap Fedex. Funny how many underestimate Hewitt and compare his bad matches against Federer.

This time it will be a different match.

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Have you seen Hewitt at his best 2001 against Sampras? It was the best return game of all time.

Funny as it may seem Federer and Sampras are not the same players, totally different serves and Safin was just as destructive against Sampras.

If you need reminding of Federer's talents and victories this year and this year is where Federer has improved, so you forget AO, Hamburg and Wimbledon and previously he threw away two matches as well the DC and TMC Shanghai.

Hewitt is very tough, but he is know playing "the man' and he will need to bring it.

Jorge
09-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Federer will squeeze the potato. Although I see Lleyton fighting hard, pulling Roger to the limit.
4-5 tough sets and winning Roger. That's my prediction. :cool:

Dirk
09-11-2004, 09:40 PM
What about Rogi's bad matches with Hewitt????? If Rogi plays at a high level Hewitt won't be able to get into the match. Rogi has a better return than Hewitt and is a much smarter and patient baseliner now. Its all down to Rogi's errors. IF he makes alot then Hewitt will likely win. Today Tim's game gave Rogi some worries early on but with Hewitt he will be more comfortable.

Match is in Rogi's hands. If he runs around his forehand too much and hits too many short approaches and too many errors he will lose. I suspect the crowd will be against him too. Oh and Hewitt had an easy draw to the final. Rogi played some tough guys like Santoro and Agassi. That is why he had a tougher time.

Noodles
09-11-2004, 09:41 PM
I want Federer to win, but Hewitt is OK too, it's a dreamfinal for me. I voted Hewitt cause of superstition.

Bilbo
09-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Hm, Lleyton beat Federer after 2 sets down in Davis Cup. He's the only one on the planet who can do that. He took Federer close to a 5 set battle at Wimbledon but that wasn't Hewitt at his best. He has improved since that and his serve is a weapon these days.

I don't care about the result in Hamburg because Lleyton sucks on clay.

Must be an easy game for Federer. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fedex
09-11-2004, 09:42 PM

You are full of crap Fedex. Funny how many underestimate Hewitt and compare his bad matches against Federer.

This time it will be a different match.
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Yeah, and I guess an idoit like you forgets that Pete had to play 3, COUNT 3, tough long matches against former champions. Rafter, Agassi, then Safin. Pete was totally wiped by the time he faced Hewitt. None of Hewitt's matches against Federer were 'bad' he just got destroyed, as he will do tomorrow.

Bilbo
09-11-2004, 09:45 PM
wait and see is all i have to say...

Fedex
09-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Hm, Lleyton beat Federer after 2 sets down in Davis Cup. He's the only one on the planet who can do that. He took Federer close to a 5 set battle at Wimbledon but that wasn't Hewitt at his best. He has improved since that and his serve is a weapon these days.

I don't care about the result in Hamburg because Lleyton sucks on clay.

Must be an easy game for Federer. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And of course, and dumb fucker lke you wouldent know that Rogi choked that match away. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
The match is all down to Roger's errors. If he hits very few, he will be through in 3 sets. Thanks for the ongoing entertainment. :)

Lindsayfan
roger in 4 sets

Richard Cranium
4 sets at Wimbledon actually bilbo. The way you are talking is that Federer doesn't have a chance against Hewitt, and that's funny.

Fedex
09-11-2004, 09:47 PM
wait and see is all i have to say...
Well we wont have to wait too long, as the match wont take very long for Federer to demolish Hewitt. ;)

Bilbo
09-11-2004, 09:50 PM
4 sets at Wimbledon actually bilbo. The way you are talking is that Federer doesn't have a chance against Hewitt, and that's funny.

Nope, it will be a tough match. Hewitt in 4 or 5 sets. Ya'll will be surprised.

Oh and to say Federer has the best return is bullshit. Not even the experts say that. Hewitt and Agassi have better returns. You can see that from watching their matches.

Fedex
09-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Nope, it will be a tough match. Hewitt in 4 or 5 sets. Ya'll will be surprised.

Oh and to say Federer has the best return is bullshit. Not even the experts say that. Hewitt and Agassi have better returns. You can see that from watching their matches.
Yeah, and why did Johansson have 17 aces today. Rogi would never get aced like that. Roger is the best returner in the game now.

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 09:52 PM
I never said that about Federer, but he has a very good return of serve, he is smarter about it. Agassi is just aggressive and Hewitt gets it back, whereas Federer has more variation, not saying it's better, just different aspects of their returning games.

Xavidbz
09-11-2004, 09:54 PM
There is no doubt Federer is the favourite, but I'd love to see Hewitt winning.

Dirk
09-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Jochiam wouldn't have gotten 18 aces on Rogi. Rogi was dead tired after he blew his chance to close out the DC match. He played 8 sets back to back and DC is mentally draining as well. Hewitt grinding him down and he was exhausted. That won't happen tomorrow. Hewitt can't make things happen out there because he needs pace to reflect it. Rogi has the big edge and its his match to lose. Hewitt like 99% of the other players need a high error count to win. Hewitt if he didn't play as well as he did would have lost very easily in the Wimbly match. Hewitt's serve has been bigger the whole year and it doesn't help him with Rogi. If Rogi plays under par then Hewitt will win if he plays well.

Bilbo
09-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Hewitt is Federer's biggest contender on the tour. Face it.

Yeah, and why did Johansson have 17 aces today. Rogi would never get aced like that. Roger is the best returner in the game now.

Because Johansson has the best serve in the world? How about that?

Get off my cock you biased Federer fan. Geez.

Fedex
09-11-2004, 10:02 PM

Because Johansson has the best serve in the world? How about that?

Get off my cock you biased Federer fan. Geez.
Get off you're cock??? :haha: :haha: :rolls: Geez, you really are one crazy mother fucker, get some help soon, though you are already a lost cause. :lol:

henree
09-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Even though Hewitt has a boring playing style, I want him to win. Other than Agassi Fed has had an easy road to the final. Plus he didn't have to play a 4th round match, thats not fair. Unlike 99% if this board I tend to support the underdog. Everyone wants to be all upon the Federer bandwagon. Which is cool, but its more fun to give support to the player that needs it... :angel:

makro120
09-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Federer in that davis cup match was the old Federer who was not unbeatable and whose nerves often betrayed him. Federer today CAN'T LOOSE a match against any good player in the world. Federer beat Hewitt in AO, Hamburg (this doesn't matter) and wimbledon weasily and I see no differense between Hewitt then and Hewitt today. Hewitt has not have any players in top 15 against him, Federer had top 5 and 6 against him! Hewitt lost against Agassi in Cincinatti, while Federer won against Agassi. I haven't seen anything extraordinary in Hewitt's games except that his opponents made loads of unforced errors as usual, but Fed won't do that!

Remember, there are always discussions when Fed reaches semi finals and finals against Roddick, Hewitt and others that Fed now will loose and that Roddick is looking great devestating his opponents (weren't they saying he was revolutioning the game before facing Johansson?), now you are doing the same with Hewitt. But remember that Federer can't loose semifinals and finals and that Fed fans always ends humiliating their opponents.

Do u really think I care if Roddick and Hewitt have been killing players ranked 50 or less? Federer destroyed nr6 in the world today in 3 sets, what more does it take to impress you?

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Karlovic has the best serve actually.

Bilbo and Fedex are making me laugh, but for so many different reasons.

Port_Power
09-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Karlovic has the best serve actually.

Bilbo and Fedex are making me laugh, but for so many different reasons.
yeah me too..talking about "getting personal" aye!

Bilbo
09-11-2004, 10:06 PM
And to say Hewitt had an easier draw is bullshit. He beat Johansson who is a true top10 or top5 player these days. Just a matter of time to reach this goal. Hewitt would beat Agassi as well. No deal.

Oh and Lleyton would never lose to Berdych like Federer did. :haha: :haha: :haha:

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Even though Hewitt has a boring playing style, I want him to win. Other than Agassi Fed has had an easy road to the final. Plus he didn't have to play a 4th round match, thats not fair. Unlike 99% if this board I tend to support the underdog. Everyone wants to be all upon the Federer bandwagon. Which is cool, but its more fun to give support to the player that needs it... :angel:

So Santoro, Agassi and Henman are bums of the sport then? You are joking, so I will just laugh at that.

Considering I was following Federer as a junior, don't bother me with the bandwagon stuff. Federer is not my favourite player, there are others, but in this case I want Federer to win, doesn't mean I am on the bandwagon. I was one of the bulders.

Jorge
09-11-2004, 10:07 PM

Federer biggest contender is "himself", face it. If Federer is "on fire" the rest of the players just can watch hopeless how Federer is burning the courts. :smoke:

Of course Federer is Human and he can lose any given day against any good player, But tomorrow. I just don't think so. ;) :cool:

Fergie
09-11-2004, 10:07 PM
Rogi, in 3 or 4 sets ;)

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 10:10 PM
yeah me too..talking about "getting personal" aye!

You're going for Hewitt and I am going Federer and that's cool. They both bring certain things to the court and their matches are interesting, and unlike Rodduck this is actually a rivalry.

Bilbo, you clown. Laugh at Federer losing to Berdych, makes you look silly why here it is. 2 Slams this year, 3 TMS titles, having already won on all surfaces this season and the 2nd guy to win a grass, clay,hardcourt title in a row. What would you rather? You're getting silly now.

Fedex
And to say Hewitt had an easier draw is bullshit. He beat Johansson who is a true top10 or top5 player these days. Just a matter of time to reach this goal. Hewitt would beat Agassi as well. No deal.

Oh and Lleyton would never lose to Berdych like Federer did. :haha: :haha: :haha:
Yeah, and Roger lost that match, by error after error, followed by more errors. If Roger does that again, Hewitt can win, but thats the only way. And Hewitt beat Johansson, because he got nervous, and had a big letdown. Had that been Roddick out there playing Hewitt today, he would of got blown off the court.

Skyward
He beat Johansson who is a true top10 or top5 player these days. Just a matter of time to reach this goal. Hewitt would beat Agassi as well. No deal.

:

Johansson has to improve his backhand, movement, net game and returns to be in top 10. Just about everything, lol.

Hewitt couldn't beat Agassi a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, some fans have a very short memory.

Crazy_Fool
09-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Nice to see Fedex praising Hewitt once again :lol:

I have faith that Lleyton can put up a good fight here, not sure about win, but certainly push Federer.

Go Lleyton :D

Dirk
09-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Yeah and that giant goof Thomas barely won. Rogi made 59 errors including 10 doubles and only 19 winners. Rogi played one of the worst matches in his career and still almost won it. What about all of Hewitt's early losses this year?

Bilbo
09-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Me silly? I don't need that as an Agassi and Hewitt fan. Lleyton was the youngest #1 of all time and Agassi has won anything you can.

Just because Federer won so much this year doesn't mean I can't laugh about his loss against Berdych. It doesn't change anything.

It's just funny how ya'll except a few underestimate Lleyton these days.

Yeah and that giant goof Thomas barely won. Rogi made 59 errors including 10 doubles and only 19 winners. Rogi played one of the worst matches in his career and still almost won it.

Is it my fault? I know he wasn't at his best but that's another story. Federer was feeling the pressure. Hewitt is more tough mentally.

What about all of Hewitt's early losses this year?

He wasn't at his best. This is what I'm talking all the time. THESE DAYS LLEYTON IS AT HIS BEST.

This is why we see a different game tomorrow.

End of discussion.

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Nice to see Fedex praising Hewitt once again :lol:

I have faith that Lleyton can put up a good fight here, not sure about win, but certainly push Federer.

Go Lleyton :D

Bilbo and Fedex are as guilty as each other. I just want another battle with Federer winning.

Fedex
09-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Me silly? I don't need that as an Agassi and Hewitt fan. Lleyton was the youngest #1 of all time and Agassi has won anything you can.

Just because Federer won so much this year doesn't mean I can't laugh about his loss against Berdych. It doesn't change anything.

Ok, whatever, you will see. I cant wait to prove you're sorry ass wrong again. :)

Crazy_Fool
09-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Bilbo and Fedex are as guilty as each other. I just want another battle with Federer winning.
Thats true actually, but Fedex is a Hewitt hater so kinda expected it from him ;)

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 10:17 PM

How many times do you need to be told I have not underestimated Hewitt and won't, even if I don't like him.

What will people remember not the loss against Berdych, when the year is judged overall and if he wins tomorrow and wins 3 Slams in a year, something only Laver, Budge, Connors and Wilander have done, that will be remembered more than his losses, and you must be clutching at straws to try and bring that up.

Who at the top has Hewitt recently beaten?

Bilbo
09-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Ok, whatever, you will see. I cant wait to prove you're sorry ass wrong again. :)

I have no problem if Hewitt lose but you sound like Federer will win easily and that's my point. BULLSHIT.

Federer and Hewitt have never met each other at their best. Tomorrow is the day.

Skyward
09-11-2004, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=Bilbo Just because Federer won so much this year doesn't mean I can't laugh about his loss against Berdych. It doesn't change anything.

QUOTE]

You can do whatever you want. By the way, Berdych did pretty well at the USO. He is a talented kid, potential top 10 material. Were you laughing when 16 old Llleyton, ranked outside of top 100, beat Agassi?

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Thats true actually, but Fedex is a Hewitt hater so kinda expected it from him ;)

I used to dislike Hewitt almost as much as that, but a few things changed my perceptions, but Bilbo is being a clown.

Btw, Hewitt won the bet about the better Slam results so GWH 1 WyveN 0.

Fedex
09-11-2004, 10:21 PM
You dont want to see Federer and Hewitt both play a match, where they both play their best. It might last an hour if you're lucky :lol:

Bilbo
09-11-2004, 10:26 PM
You can do whatever you want. By the way, Berdych did pretty well at the USO. He is a talented kid, potential top 10 material.

Same goes to Johansson.

Haas beat Berdych in straight sets and Hewitt beat Haas in straight sets even though they had bad conditions. No doubt Lleyton would beat Berdych in straight sets as well.

Were you laughing when 16 old Llleyton, ranked outside of top 100, beat Agassi?

No why? Lleyton was the youngest #1 of all time.

You are talking about Adelaide 1998. Um, do you know Agassi was in a slump during this time? 1997 was his worst year. He ranked outside top100. The result doesn't surprise me.

rassklovn
09-11-2004, 10:38 PM
Federer will win in 4 tough sets.

cm_ls1
09-11-2004, 10:41 PM
I know Federa is the best when hes on his game... but on the otherhand that slight venrebility in hewitts game and attitude seems to not be there these last few events... there is a very steely determination the way Hewitt has reached to this final.

hewitt in four sets.

makro120
09-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Are you saying Federer is not alowed to loose a single match in the rest of his life? Not even me demand that much out of him. We all know Federer can loose in early round matches when his opponents bore him to death. But he can't loose once he is in semi finals, the last 10 times he reached semi final he won the tournament!

BEcause when he reached semi finals or final it means he is on fire and then NO ONE CAN BEAT HIM, try to proof I am wrong, your fool.

Federer isn't having a great year, he is having the best of all time after Laver. Once again I repeat, he can't loose against top 20 players, he is 31-1 on matches against top 20 since Houston, only Henman has won against him in top 20 and he seems to have resolved that problem now.

How can you say Hewitt is playing better than before when he hasn't even been tested yet, Johansson might be a potential top 10 player, but from what we saw against Hewitt he isn't YET and this because he has an awful backhand and movement around the court and make loads of UEs. Are you telling me Pimpim is greater challenge than Henman and Agassi?

You gotta be joking. How come Hewitt lost against agassi some weeks ago if Agassi is an easy match for him?

You are a joke with your arguments, enjoy your optimism until tomorrow...

Port_Power
09-11-2004, 10:44 PM
its best to avoid trolls in these sorta threads

Skyward
09-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Haas beat Berdych in straight sets and Hewitt beat Haas in straight sets even though they had bad conditions. No doubt Lleyton would beat Berdych in straight sets as well.

No why? Lleyton was the youngest #1 of all time.

You are talking about Adelaide 1998. Um, do you know Agassi was in a slump during this time? 1997 was his worst year. He ranked outside top100. The result doesn't surprise me.

Edit : I did not compare Johansson with Berdych

The logic like player X beat player Y, player Y beat Z, player X should beat player Z doesn't work in tennis. It's all about match ups and current form.

Unfortunately, Haas couldn't figure out how to deal with the wind.

I know about Agassi's slamp in 1997, but Andre has the ability to raise his game. Nothing laughable about Agassi's loss in 1998, but not totally expected.

pinky
09-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Well, there is an end to everything (like Pete's run in Wimby ;) ) so Rogi will obviously lose some final or semi match sonner or later... but i hope it won't be tomorrow :)

That being said Roger is definitely the favorite for tomorrow.

Port_Power
09-11-2004, 10:55 PM
Agassi was playing fairly well in that tournament..the excuse for the whinners that he was in a slump doesnt work here mate.. andre had like 17 break points and lleyton saved every one of them to his credit.. anyone care to watch the tape of the match? i was there because its in hometown...andre wasnt at his peak BUT he was not playing crap either

sol
09-11-2004, 11:09 PM
I hope Federer, but I also like Lleyton. :D
I should be happy with anyone of both winning. ;)
I'm looking forward to see that great match. :banana: I hope this will be a four/five setter ;) http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39783000/jpg/_39783689_federer_getty.jpg

Jorge
09-11-2004, 11:54 PM
I don't think there's anyone that hits the ball like that. Sure, if you take Roddick's serve and Agassi's returns and my volleys and Hewitt's speed and tenacity, then you've probably got a good chance against Federer (laughter) :devil:
--Tim Henman during his interview after his match against Roger Federer--

Port_Power
09-12-2004, 12:12 AM
I agree...its highly unlikely anyone can beat federer in this kinda form..but i am hoping he will have a hot and cold season soon ;)

Socket
09-12-2004, 12:53 AM
Agassi was playing fairly well in that tournament..the excuse for the whinners that he was in a slump doesnt work here mate.. andre had like 17 break points and lleyton saved every one of them to his credit.. anyone care to watch the tape of the match? i was there because its in hometown...andre wasnt at his peak BUT he was not playing crap either

I would LOVE to see a tape of that match. Seriously. Do you really have one?

Scotso
09-12-2004, 12:56 AM
Lleyton :D

Port_Power
09-12-2004, 01:10 AM
I would LOVE to see a tape of that match. Seriously. Do you really have one?
Yep ... official tape and my own recordings post match also

jeanie_sin
09-12-2004, 01:39 AM
it's just so expected to see people slagging off lleyton here. what else is new?

it is not to be denied that federer is the best player in the world. but does lleyton really not have zilch of a chance against him? NO
if you look at his game now, his groundstrokes are equally as good as in 2001, but his serve is MUCH better. having followed him for so long, i know.
look at his matches against federer at AO and wimby this year. 4 setters. lleyton wasnt playing as well then as he is now. is federer playing as well as he was then? no. look at his matches at USO this year. he lost a set to who, what's that cypriot's name? if he was so good as he could be, he would have creamed agassi in straights like what he did at houston last year, when he was at his best.
look at their semifinals matches here. frankly, it's a bit sad if you cant break the tim henman serve, so no surprise that he did it. federer was a guy whoses serve was suppsedly so good at wimby, and he got his serve broken by henman how many times? 2? 3? johansson was bound to have aces in his match against lleyton. but did you not see how lleyton kept returning his 1st serves like nobody's <a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=Business">business</a>?
if federer is at his best now, he wouldnt have lost to tomas berdych, when he craves the olympics so much

Fedex
09-12-2004, 01:46 AM
Come again?? Federer ruthlessly destroyed Henman today, a guy who had given him loads of trouble in the past, 6-2 h2h, while Hewitt played an inexperienced Johansson, who had ties with Hewitt's family, making him even more nervous. Plus the fact that Hewitt didnt win easily, it was a tough match, unlike the Fed-Henman match.

Fedex
09-12-2004, 01:47 AM
Also forgot to mention that Hewitt had a MUCH easier draw then Rogi

jeanie_sin
09-12-2004, 01:52 AM
you know, if hewitt had played henman, the score would have been much easier than federer's
was haas an easy opponent? no, but lleyton creamed him. would hicham arazi have been easy?no. johansson had just beaten roddick in a fantastic matchup, and played well above his 28th seeding.

Fedex
09-12-2004, 01:57 AM
Haas played an extremely crappy match, and couldent adjust to the windy conditions. Arazi just blows period, total waste of talent. And as I said Johansson got nervous, and didnt play great. Whereas Federer had Agassi, who was twice as hard as any opponent Hewitt had, and Henman always gives Federer trouble, I'm suprised he beat him as easily as he did, considering the H2H. I mean, its much easier for Hewitt to beat Henman easily, as he totally owns the guy, where its much tougher for Federer to beat Henman so easily, because of the record. Federer's path has definetly been harder.

makro120
09-12-2004, 02:00 AM
Agassi would have beaten Hewitt, he is lucky to not have been drawn like Federer.

jeanie_sin
09-12-2004, 02:05 AM
so was it his fault that arazi and haas blew hot and cold?
oh i know, federer went to 5 sets because he couldnt adjust to the wind. so much for a world number 1

Fedex
09-12-2004, 02:09 AM
No, because Agassi is a great player :rolleyes: Point is, its Federer's match to win or lose, against Hewitt. I dont care if you think Hewitt has been playing better, doesnt mean it will be the case tomorrow.

RogiFan88
09-12-2004, 02:34 AM
HOpe you're right, Fedex...

trixy
09-12-2004, 02:37 AM
Well considering both have never lost a slam final and Roger just seems to enter this freaky state re:wimbledon, i think this match will be at least 4 sets maybe 5 (If Lleyton pretends he's at Davis Cup ;) ) but Roger will win either way

RogiFan88
09-12-2004, 02:40 AM
I was expecting Tim to trouble Rogi more too... and yes, who did Lleyton have to beat to make the Finals? Pandy? AA? Nope, they were ousted by Pim2 and Rogi... so Lleyt hasn't been tested... yet.

Yes, I think Lleyt's played better so far and Rogi has not, yet he did manage to beat an in-form AA... but Rogi will have to really play his game well and keep focussed and not let Lleyt in at all to win tomorrow... Lleyt sounds confident and I'm sure he is laughing at his draw, esp for the Final -- no doubt he is certain he will beat Rogi to take his 2nd USO. Up to Rogi to win HIS 3rd slam...

So, VAMOS, ROGI!

RogiFan88
09-12-2004, 02:42 AM
4 sets w be better than 5 for Rogi

too bad Haas always craps in the end -- for a big guy, he can be such a wuss sometimes... all brawn and no brain...

Freddi22cl
09-12-2004, 02:43 AM
agreed Rogifan, Fed will have to bring his 'A' game to the table tomm. Llyton is serving extremely well--2 breaks the enitre tourney!!

Fedex
09-12-2004, 02:44 AM
I dont think he's so confident, considering, he has lost their past 3 matches against Rogi, plus a bagel in each. He was probably cheering madly for Tim today. :haha: :rolls:

Freddi22cl
09-12-2004, 02:45 AM
wow, the man with the shrine to Fed in his little bedroom speaks....again, nothing profound.......

Fedex
09-12-2004, 02:45 AM
Lleyton's serve should be no problem for Rogi. He always handles it very easily. And Haas blows, yes. He's wasting the great talent, that he does have. :(

trixy
09-12-2004, 02:48 AM
all brawn and no brain...

thats just the way the girls like 'em ;) :p :)

Freddi22cl
09-12-2004, 02:48 AM
Lleyton's serve should be no problem for Rogi. He always handles it very easily. And Haas blows, yes. He's wasting the great talent, that he does have. :(

wow, we are dealing with a kid here no less. If he 'always handles his serve so easily' THEN WHY HAS HE LOST TO LLEYTON IN THE PAST?!>!......hilarious

trixy
09-12-2004, 02:51 AM
wow, we are dealing with a kid here no less. If he 'always handles his serve so easily' THEN WHY HAS HE LOST TO LLEYTON IN THE PAST?!>!......hilarious

Well Lleyton's serve has actually gotten better this yr in particular and if my memory serves me correct Lleyton hasn't beaten Roger this yr.

Fedex
09-12-2004, 02:54 AM
And when was the last time he lost to Lleyton. Not in a year. And those wins doesnt mean he won them because of serving.
And please will you go away. Youre really starting to piss me off. :mad: :fiery: :fiery:
And clearly, I am dealing with a 2 year old, half twit, so I shouldent waste my time with a lost cause like yourself. You're a worthless piece of shit, nothing more, nothing less, I have nothing more to say to scum like yourself.

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 02:58 AM
:eek: :eek:

Should I just back away from the board?

Fedex
09-12-2004, 03:01 AM
No, you can help me take this troll apart, Sigma :)

Freddi22cl
09-12-2004, 03:02 AM
And when was the last time he lost to Lleyton. Not in a year. And those wins doesnt mean he won them because of serving.
And please will you go away. Youre really starting to piss me off. :mad: :fiery: :fiery:
And clearly, I am dealing with a 2 year old, half twit, so I shouldent waste my time with a lost cause like yourself. You're a worthless piece of shit, nothing more, nothing less, I have nothing more to say to scum like yourself.

your very predictable, and I knew it was just a matter of time till you exposed yourself for your age and tennis acumen, and now your left with take shots at me cause you know nothing. Classic........i said to myself it will take me maximum 10 miuntes to get expose this kid and i did it in just over 15 minutes!!--not bad indeed. This punk has over 2500 post and NOTHING profound to say, NOTHING!.......can you imagine a person who knows tennis stating that Fed handles Lleyton's serve 'always easily'---- enough for me........thks for th efun little man, get some sleep your "GOD" play tomm at 4:00pm!!!!

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 03:04 AM
All I can really say, trixy, is that all results up to this point are null and void. Lleyton still has to put his money where his mouth is where it concerns Roger.
None of the opponents Lleyton has had to face has the quality of shot-making that Federer has, so I don't believe that Lleyton has this in the bag. And I don't think that he believes that he does either.

The results of this match would hinge on percentage of first serves and the return of serve. While I give Hewitt the edge in returns, I give Federer the edge in first serves and in shot-making ability. Again, Federer in 4. I say that because they may play a tb in which Lleyton may prevail.

oxy
09-12-2004, 03:24 AM
I'm goin with Fed in 3....he is just too strong the man to beat!!!

Fedex
09-12-2004, 03:27 AM
Boy you really are pathetic :haha: :rolls: Let me make it even more clear for you :retard: Has Hewitt beaten Federer this year. Indeed no, not in a year. Does Hewitt hardly EVER get cheap point on his serve, NO, does he serve aces against Federer hardly EVER. I really hope English isnt you're 1st language, then maybe you'll have somewhat of an excuse for you're stupidity. I'm enjoying this. :) Keep the :bs: coming, FreddyFucker.

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 03:31 AM
Boy you really are pathetic :haha: :rolls: Let me make it even more clear for you :retard: Has Hewitt beaten Federer this year. Indeed no, not in a year. Does Hewitt hardly EVER get cheap point on his serve, NO, does he serve aces against Federer hardly EVER. I really hope English isnt you're 1st language, then maybe you'll have somewhat of an excuse for you're stupidity. I'm enjoying this. :) Keep the :bs: coming, FreddyFucker.

I have to agree-Roger is a difficult one to ace. So Lleyton has to have a perfect serving day, or hope that Roger serves below 60 percent first serves to even have a chance.

Roger is quickly widening the gap between himself and his fellow top tenners. He is quickly closing in on those who have winning records, because he has found his rhythm and his game. And we all know that once that happened, the results.....well, let's just say "I'm a believer".

jeanie_sin
09-12-2004, 03:31 AM

Not in a year? wrong. that davis cup semifinal win was after the US open last year, which makes it less than a year!
does lleyton not get cheap points on his serve? you've obviously not been watching his matches lately

papasmurf11
09-12-2004, 03:33 AM
Fedex your the one that sounds pathetic and young I mean Freddy Fucker?Can you ever have an intelligent debate without bringing that kinda talk into it?

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 03:33 AM
Not in a year? wrong. that davis cup semifinal win was after the US open last year, which makes it less than a year!
does lleyton not get cheap points on his serve? you've obviously not been watching his matches lately

Jeanie, no one will deny that Hewitt has improved his serve quite dramatically, but Roger, being the type of player he is, will not lie down. He's a hard player to ace, and an even harder player to beat. Like I said before, if Lleyton will win, he must come with all guns firing; otherwise, it's lights out, goodbye, see ya.

Fedex
09-12-2004, 03:37 AM
Fedex your the one that sounds pathetic and yound I mean Freddy Fucker?Can you ever have an intelligent debate without bringing that kinda talk into it?
I never said and pretend to be a nice poster. Thats not my style. I will be as mean and nasty, as I see fit, to deal with trolls such as FreddyFucker.

papasmurf11
09-12-2004, 03:39 AM
Hes not a troll at all hes just stating his opinion I mean if anybody doesnt like Federer you like bite there head off!

silverwhite
09-12-2004, 03:44 AM
Head: Roger. Heart: Lleyton.

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 04:18 AM
I never said and pretend to be a nice poster. Thats not my style. I will be as mean and nasty, as I see fit, to deal with trolls such as FreddyFucker.

I am not a nice poster, either, and never pretended to be. And you know my record with trolls-rip em apart and show no mercy. :devil:

Auscon
09-12-2004, 04:25 AM
It's been a long 2 years to wait before Lleyton made it back into a GS final.....I think he couldve made at least 1 other as well this year if he hadnt run into Federer before the semi's a couple of times

Neither guy has lost a grandslam final....Lleytons been there, done that with the US Open final....Rogers been there, done that with Lleyton so far this year

The outcome is pretty big....If Lleyton wins, he levels it at 3 grandslams a piece, and if Roger wins, he takes a further step away from the rest of the competition

If Lleyton can play the same level of tennis that he's played in the last 2 rounds, then I'll be pretty pleased, win or lose. Lleyton was playing some fantastic tennis at Wimbledon this year, but was fairly hot and cold in his match against Federer.....he cant afford to be even the slightest bit chilly out there for the final

And thats what it'll take to even have a chance, but I think Lleyton has it in him to be the only player in the top 10 to be able to beat Roger this year.

I hope its a great final, and I hope that Lleyton can win it, but if he falls short, its still been a great tournament, and a great year for him

Dirk
09-12-2004, 04:32 AM
Auscon I will feel the same way about Federer losing. As long as he tries his best. Still sitting through all those errors will be painful.

Auscon
09-12-2004, 04:37 AM
I'm just hoping its really windy.....Lleyton seemed to handle that a fair bit better than Haas, Federer and Agassi

Whether the elements will be on Lleytons side is yet to be seen :)

LiZpHaIr
09-12-2004, 04:41 AM
I think Hewitt wants another GS so bad he's going to handle Roger easily...I think three or four sets for Potato

RoddickBabe10
09-12-2004, 06:15 AM
Federer has just been TOO good and there's nothing more to say but that. Hewitt, on the other hand, is in a great form and he will certainly put up a great fight against the FedEx, maybe he'll be thinking about Wimby :devil: I really don't know who to pick, but I voted Federer as he just has a slight bigger chance than Lleyton. This final will be a win-win situation for me as I am a fan of both guys. I probably will be cheering for Lleyton though as Fed is the favorite :devil:

Btw, why is Lleyton called "Potato"? :scratch:

Daniel
09-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Federer :D

rassklovn
09-12-2004, 09:54 AM
A lot of love in this thread. I am looking forward to this match, and as long as Federer brings his best tennis on the day, he will win. Hewitt will always be fighting hard, and all these Hewitt fans saying it's a major resurgance, well this is the true test.

Knockers LaBroad
09-12-2004, 10:49 AM

Quelle cockiness!:eek::rolleyes:

I hope Roger is does not underestimate him the way you do!

Go Lleyton!

Here's to a great match! :drink: Cheers!!

Richard Cranium
09-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Quelle cockiness!:eek::rolleyes:

I hope Roger is does not underestimate him the way you do!

Go Lleyton!

Here's to a great match! :drink: Cheers!!

A bit too cocky for my liking and no Roger will not underestimate him, both have plenty riding on this match, and this one is actually a rivalry unlike some other players.

Knockers LaBroad
09-12-2004, 10:59 AM
A bit too cocky for my liking and no Roger will not underestimate him, both have plenty riding on this match, and this one is actually a rivalry unlike some other players.

They always have great matches (except the one in Hamburg :o), so I don't expecty anything less!

But this thread has much from WTAworld...:o

Of course I want Lleyton to win, but as long as he gives 100% (and he always does!:p), I'm happy. It's really nice to see him back at the top and seeing him enjoy tennis again!:yeah:

But OTOH, can you feel the love again everywhere in GM re Lleyton...;):angel:

Xavidbz
09-12-2004, 11:04 AM
The head say Federer, the heart Hewitt. I vote Federer.

Ferrero Forever
09-12-2004, 11:05 AM
i need federer to win because i made a $5 bet with my mum that he would win. come on rogi, i really need you to win this time

Richard Cranium
09-12-2004, 11:07 AM
They always have great matches (except the one in Hamburg :o), so I don't expecty anything less!

But this thread has much from WTAworld...:o

Of course I want Lleyton to win, but as long as he gives 100% (and he always does!:p), I'm happy. It's really nice to see him back at the top and seeing him enjoy tennis again!:yeah:

But OTOH, can you feel the love again everywhere in GM re Lleyton...;):angel:

The WTA vile place and I will never go over there.

Hewitt will always be fighting and clawing and that's the thing that I respect about him the most, and sure he pissed a few people off in the past, I still think GM has more people that dislike Pandy than Hewitt and that has already been proven.

The Hamburg match was great, but as long as I get a good match and Federer wins then I am happy.

Bibi
09-12-2004, 01:16 PM
I've voted for Lleyton, but the way I see it, they both have a fairly good chance of winning the final.

Lleyton has been playing better than he did the previous months, the last few weeks (and he hasn't had that many hours on court this US Open, although he played a lot of tournaments during the last weeks) => I also think he got more confident winning by winning the last 2 tournaments.

Roger also played very convincingly (sp???) the last weeks, but then again, I think he has spend more time on court (I'm not 100 % sure of this).

I just hope it'll be an exicting game to watch!!! Not like the women's final last night!

!!!May the best man win!!!

*Ljubica*
09-12-2004, 01:31 PM
I think this will be a great and close match. In my opinion, Roger and Lleyton are the REAL rivalry of this tennis era - forget about the Roger/Roddick stuff, because, so far, Roddick hasn't proved himself to be good enough in his matches against Roger. I want Roger to win and achieve 3 Grand Slams in one year, but I admire the way Lleyton has come back after a poor 2003. Good Luck to them both - just hope it doesn't go on too late or I'll never get up for work tomorrow :eek:

FryslanBoppe
09-12-2004, 01:47 PM
I don't see this is any one player flogging another, and I would love it if Roger became joined Wilander and Connors to win 3 Slams in the one year. Hewitt has a great chance here as well, he has won this title before. Roger better not come out cold against Hewitt or it will be trouble for him, but having said that hopp Roger.

Aphex
09-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Hehe this thread is funny.

RogiFan88
09-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Rogi v. AA or Rogi v. Juanqui are closer rivalries, thus more interesting... but whatever...

undomiele
09-12-2004, 02:40 PM
I want and think Lleyton will win. Just a gut feeling thats all.

FryslanBoppe
09-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Rogi v. AA or Rogi v. Juanqui are closer rivalries, thus more interesting... but whatever...

Don't agree with that actually. Roger/Nalbandian is a better one and well Feds has turned it around against Hewitt, but he has always had to lift his game against Hewitt. Ferrero, Hewitt and Nalbandian are long-term opponents for Roger, whereas Agassi isn't.

Auscon
09-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Our coverage of the final looks to be delayed a bit....wont start here til 6pm uso time, so we'll be 1-1.5 hours behind....which means I'm going to have to fight the temptation to check the score on the net.....bloody hell

Shy
09-12-2004, 02:50 PM
I want Roger to win for the three slams thing, but as long as try his best than I am cool with it.

JonBcn
09-12-2004, 03:10 PM
Hopefully Roger, but I have a feeling the Potato will cause an upset.

misyou25
09-12-2004, 05:31 PM
sb know who will be chair umpire?

Doris Loeffel
09-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Come on guys and galls we all know this match is hard to predict as it's facing two really good players. Lleyton the best and determinded fighter and Roger the artist (and as of late became determined too)

And I'm pretty sure the players don't underestimate each other and both should have enough enery left for a great fight. At the end of the day who cares who had to play who in the final all it counts is who will win that final and I just hope it will be Roger. But he has to bring up his A+ game to beat the potato and he knows that too. So far this year Roger always brought up his very best game when he played top players and I'm sure it won't be any different today.

misyou25
09-12-2004, 06:10 PM
lleyton....come on!

landoud
09-12-2004, 06:39 PM
i wish rogiiiii win but i think the champion will be hewitt

misyou25
09-12-2004, 06:41 PM
:) good guess:) noone knows who will be the umpire?

Cervantes
09-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Hewitt fans, please tell me HOW Lleyton is gonna win this match?

His only chance is windy conditions and lots of unforced errors from Federer. In the last couple of rounds Hewitt didn't even have to play that well to ease into the final, because his opponents practically gave him the match by hitting so many unforced errors. That's the only way Hewitt wins matches, by hoping the other guy makes mistakes. So it's up to Federer not to make too many mistakes and he'll have this one in the bag.

Also Hewitt's serve will fall apart in the 2nd or 3rd set, mark my words. People are saying Hewitt's serve has improved so much, but usually his serve breaks down when he's really tested over a long period of time.

misyou25
09-12-2004, 07:48 PM
hewitt will brake him always with his great shots (esp. backhand) and he will serve like a god

tschaeggy
09-12-2004, 07:49 PM
I want Rogi to win, but it will be very tough!!

FryslanBoppe
09-12-2004, 07:49 PM
Hewitt has one of the most predictable backhands in the game, 99,9% crosscourt and he hates changing direction of the shot.

misyou25
09-12-2004, 07:56 PM
well, he win anyway

SLICK
09-12-2004, 07:58 PM
I get the feeling that poor Lleyton is going to be outclassed today as Federer's era as world no.1 looks set to continue for a very long time. He wants to break Sampras's record of 14 Grand Slams, and so he will look to bury Hewitt as quickly as possible. I say Fedex in 4 sets. :cool:

Eve83
09-12-2004, 08:00 PM
I have the weird feeling that Lleyton´s gonna win this one...now COME ON!!!;)

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Lleyton's already down 2 breaks, and has served DF's on break points. Tell me, can he STILL win with that strategy?

alfonsojose
09-12-2004, 08:57 PM
3*-0 Federer. Hewitt shold try some Dementieva's to confuse Roger. Hewitt served double-faults in break points :eek:

Juanquis.Angel
09-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Fed's serving for the first set, I wonder if Hewitt will pick it up in the second?

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 09:04 PM
If Feds keeps on the roll he's on, I don't think so.

jenglisbe
09-12-2004, 09:04 PM
It's just not even interesting to see Federer dominate. I've already turned the final off. If Hewitt can somehow scrape his way in, I'll tune back in.

Juanquis.Angel
09-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Last time they played, Fed took the first set 6-1, but Hewitt fought back in the second to win it in a tiebreaker. So, I'm kinda hoping for that...even though I want Fed to win, I want to see Hewitt make him work for it!

Jorge
09-12-2004, 09:07 PM
ughhh another bagel from Roger to the Potato, that must hurt :o 6-0

Lleyton needs a miracle or that Roger chokes in order to have one chance to win the match

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 09:12 PM
I want and think Lleyton will win. Just a gut feeling thats all.

Hope your guts can survive this drubbing by Roger.

Hopefully Roger, but I have a feeling the Potato will cause an upset.

He's causing me a stomach upset, as routinely as he's being drilled.

i wish rogiiiii win but i think the champion will be hewitt

He'd do good to hold his serve, never mind win the match.

makro120
09-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Bilbo, where are you hidding?

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Bilbo, where are you hidding?

Yeah, where's Bilbo? Guess we won't hear from the Lleyton troll today.

makro120
09-12-2004, 09:16 PM
The question is if we ever are gonna hear him again after THE HUMILIATION...

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 09:19 PM
The question is if we ever are gonna hear him again after THE HUMILIATION...

What's he gonna say, that Roger should be checked for performance-enhancing drugs? We'll all get a good laugh out of that one.

makro120
09-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Yeah, but no drug can have that effect. He could only say god himself has entered Federer and made him a TENNIS GOD.

makro120
09-12-2004, 10:45 PM
I must say I am kind of sad Federer disappeared a little in the 2nd set, Hewitt wasn't playing better that is for sure. A 6-0 6-0 6-0 victory would be so great and historic, but that was not to be and that makes me kind of sad..

alfonsojose
09-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Andre, you have to be really :cool: about your game right now

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 10:47 PM
I must say I am kind of sad Federer disappeared a little in the 2nd set, Hewitt wasn't playing better that is for sure. A 6-0 6-0 6-0 victory would be so great and historic, but that was not to be and that makes me kind of sad..

That should have happened, but I don't think Roger would've taken any pleasure in a total demolition like that. He kinda wanted to make this competitive.

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 10:48 PM
All I can say is this: We'll be watching FO 2005. Roger can take that one, and complete the Slam.

makro120
09-12-2004, 10:49 PM
Yeah, but who cares about competition if it means backhand and forehand unforced errors by Federer and a wall on the other side. This game never needed any competition, it needed the both players at their very best and Hewitt was that, Federer was only for 2 sets at his very best.

jazz_girl
09-12-2004, 11:12 PM
I want Roger to win, but I have a feeling Lleyton will do it...
:haha: No wonder I did so badly at the PAW!!!! LOL

makro120
09-12-2004, 11:17 PM
:p
Is it my fault? I know he wasn't at his best but that's another story. Federer was feeling the pressure. Hewitt is more tough mentally.

He wasn't at his best. This is what I'm talking all the time. THESE DAYS LLEYTON IS AT HIS BEST.

This is why we see a different game tomorrow.

End of discussion.

Yaya, a different game, Leyton at his best, I hear you. End of discussion. :p

lina_seta
09-12-2004, 11:19 PM
Bilbo... bilbo? just gotta say...IN UR FACE!!!! HAHAHHAHAHA with all that hewitt will win stuff... and federer is not good enough... well guess what.. HE WON and no one has lost a final THAT uglily... 6-0, 7-6 6-0?! poor hewitt...

heya
09-13-2004, 02:46 AM
I really hope English isnt you're 1st language, then maybe you'll have somewhat of an excuse for you're stupidity.

Strange to know that a guy can't learn a non-English language, but he can still possess stupidity & bad grammar.

troll...:scratch:

FryslanBoppe
09-13-2004, 06:38 AM
I think Hewitt wants another GS so bad he's going to handle Roger easily...I think three or four sets for Potato

Yes, someone got handled easily and it wasn't Roger.

Auscon
09-13-2004, 06:45 AM
it needed the both players at their very best and Hewitt was that

at his best? :confused:

Daniel
09-13-2004, 07:37 AM
Roger, well done :D

Space Cowgirl
09-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Fed :worship: , awesome display. Glad you mashed the potato! :D

Knockers LaBroad
09-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Pff at all the gloating, sooooooo childish....

PerezRoldan
09-13-2004, 08:32 AM
Pff at all the gloating, sooooooo childish....

Jokers like bilbo make it easy for people to gloat.

makro120
09-13-2004, 12:07 PM

Hewitt in 4 or 5 sets

Oh my, this one I had not even read.. :rolleyes: