So...When are they going to play Connors v Krickstein??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

So...When are they going to play Connors v Krickstein???

Tennis Fool
09-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Comment here about anything USO related...

Tennis Fool
09-11-2004, 07:50 PM
Half hour before Music and Henman play. Instead of C v K they do a piece on instant replay.

Footage of a nasty Mac to an umpire: "Answer the question, jerk!"

Ilie Nastase has really aged not well.

PMac believes instant replay only on show courts.

Tracy Austin says the Serena bad call was the worst she had ever seen.

Other thoughts:
It's neat and a bit creepy to see all of the old champions hovering around the tournament every year: JMac and PMac, Tracy Austin, Pam Shriver, Martina Nav, Jim Courier, Todd Martin, Ilie Nastase, Guillermo Viilas, Jack Kramer, Margaret Court, anyone else I failed to spot?

Stars that have come out: Eric Heiden, members of Fleetwood Mac.

Duck got the Heineken Award for best point ever in a US Open match. This over points by Connors (two different matches), Martina N and Chris Evert, Pete and Andre. It was a viewer poll.

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 09:06 PM
If they play that match one more time, I think I'll puke.

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 09:08 PM
TF, you forgot Jimmy Connors and Mats Wilander.

Tennis Fool
09-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Yes. Was Mats actually there, or just calling in?

They showed Stan Smith.

Olsen Twins in da house :p

Another thought that hit me re: Timmy. How could a millionaire go around with such poor teeth? He could afford some veneers, or if he's cheep, Crest whitening strips. Maybe Austin Powers was right. You don't to have good teeth to be an English sex symbol.

Tennis Fool
09-11-2004, 09:16 PM
If they play that match one more time, I think I'll puke.

Well this Fed/Henman match will soon be over. They'll have time. Or maybe they'll show "The Longest Night" of 1984 again.

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 09:17 PM
I never realised how handsome Lendl was in 84.

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Well this Fed/Henman match will soon be over. They'll have time. Or maybe they'll show "The Longest Night" of 1984 again.

That would be OK. Just as long as it isn't that dreaded Connors-Krickstein match. Shouldn't they show the Edberg-Chang match from 1992-the longest match in Open history (5 hours 26 minutes. Correct me if I am wrong. Isn't this the longest match?)?

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Another thought that hit me re: Timmy. How could a millionaire go around with such poor teeth? He could afford some veneers, or if he's cheep, Crest whitening strips. Maybe Austin Powers was right. You don't to have good teeth to be an English sex symbol.

I know. I would have thought that he could pay a good dentist to get those fixed. Timmy, that's sooo unattractive.

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 09:23 PM
They should show the Lendl/Wilander final of 88, but that would be too radical for them.

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 09:30 PM
They should show the Lendl/Wilander final of 88, but that would be too radical for them.

I know. And you would think they would because 1. that was the year Wilander won three out of the four Slams, a feat Federer looks on course to duplicate and 2. it pretty much signaled the end of Lendl's dominance in the men's game. A changing of the guard, if you will.

They won't show it, however, because 1. Although Lendl eventually became an American citizen, the American public didn't embrace him as wholeheartedly as they did Mac and Connors and 2. Although Wilander maintained a residence in the US, the American public didn't embrace him like they did Edberg or Becker.

Go figure....

Tennis Fool
09-11-2004, 09:30 PM
sp: cheap.

Hah! I don't like the first Roddick American Express commercial. The second is kinda funny. Still, even when Roddick is trying to be funny, in the back of my mind I'm thinking "why are you being obnoxious and carrying around your trophies? Can't you ship them through the postal service?" Another cheap tennis player.

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 09:31 PM
sp: cheap.

Hah! I don't like the first Roddick American Express commercial. The second is kinda funny. Still, even when Roddick is trying to be funny, in the back of my mind I'm think "why are you being obnoxious and carrying around your trophies? Can't you ship them through the postal service?"

Did you see the latest one, when he asked for the two seats, and a pretty woman asked to sit down beside him-and he didn't refuse? That one spoke volumes to me.

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 09:32 PM
TF and Sigma I agree with both of those comments.

Wilander wasn't a dickhead or obnoxious, so he wouldn't be popular in New York.

Tennis Fool
09-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Did you see the latest one, when he asked for the two seats, and a pretty woman asked to sit down beside him-and he didn't refuse? That one spoke volumes to me.

Yes, that's the one I meant that made me laugh. What she says about that "obnoxious trophy".

Re: Fed. Are he and his gf engaged?

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Re: Fed. Are he and his gf engaged?

You know, I'm wondering the same thing.

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 10:06 PM
You know, I'm wondering the same thing.

All you need to know is that Mirka wears the pants in the relationship.

superpinkone37
09-11-2004, 10:07 PM

lol i saw that one online....have they actually played it on tv?

Tennis Fool
09-11-2004, 10:08 PM
I've only seen it once--just today.

Tennis Fool
09-11-2004, 10:10 PM
All you need to know is that Mirka wears the pants in the relationship.
Mirka: You're going to marry me, damn it!
Fed: Okay.
Mirka: And I want that heart shaped diamond I saw in the shop window!

Tennis Fool
09-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey, in the post match interview Pam asked Fed a question about making history. I didn't hear what she said :confused:

Richard Cranium
Mirka: You're going to marry me, damn it!
Mirka: And I want that heart shaped diamond I saw in the shop window!

You've got it exactly right.

sigmagirl91

yes. only once though.

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 10:12 PM
You've got it exactly right.

You two are funny. :)

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 10:14 PM
You two are funny. :)

Can't tell you my connection sigma, or I might have to kidnap you. :)

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Can't tell you my connection sigma, or I might have to kidnap you. :)

Hey, I don't even want to know. But thanks for offering.... :o

Tennis Fool
09-11-2004, 10:26 PM
:lol:

Richard Cranium
09-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Hey, I don't even want to know. But thanks for offering.... :o

Maybe we could kidnap the Ducks, except for MisterQ :)

Tennis Fool
09-13-2004, 02:20 AM
You know, I didn't get the connection between the two versions today. The didn't start playing the 2nd one (where he has no trophy) after his loss. The girl sits next to him "Can I sit here? There's this obnoxious guy with a trophy in the back".

Roddick did two versions based upon whether he won or not.

superpinkone37
09-13-2004, 02:32 AM
yeah...i think we got that. and i finally saw the girl version today...they showed it a few times during the final :)