Betty
06-24-2010, 11:49 AM
hi all so italy soon:scared:of course when i could not follow the ls:fiery:

when the epic match will finish:p?

Peta Pan
06-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Everyone stopped chatting when the new thread started? :awww:

:wavey:

and to comment on something from the previous thread.. I am not republican but still not huge on the Royal Family, but last year my visit to Buckingham Palace was the highlight of my trip to London - especially because the Queen's State Rooms were available for tour at the time :hearts: (still bummed that I missed Changing of the Guard though).

Also, obviously when I say it was my highlight, I mean OTHER than meeting lovely MTFers like Adam ;) :smooch:

Peta Pan
06-24-2010, 12:00 PM
i need a partner for newport..

hi all so italy soon:scared:of course when i could not follow the ls:fiery:

when the epic match will finish:p?

Hi Betty, I need a partner for Newport too... I've asked Adam in the thread but he hasn't answered 26 hours later so if you want to play with me I will :)

I predict that the Isner/Mahut match will end quite soon today - but not willing to guess the winner :unsure:

scoobs
06-24-2010, 12:03 PM
:lol:

We're such a strange country.

There's a huge cheer on court as Murray and Nieminen come on court and then an even bigger cheer as Murray and Nieminen complete their bow...

MariaV
06-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Jarkko is also part of the history now. :D :D :D I am so happy for him. :D :banana: :dance:

MariaV
06-24-2010, 12:04 PM

There's a huge cheer on court as Murray and Nieminen come on court and then an even bigger cheer as Murray and Nieminen complete their bow...

AMAZING!!!!!! Wasn't it! And such a great bow! :D :hearts: :inlove:

Hello Peta! :wavey:

MariaV
06-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Tim looks so smart! :D And Virginia Wade still looks fantastic. *jealous*

scoobs
06-24-2010, 12:07 PM

Hello Peta! :wavey:
It was a very formal looking bow, I don't remember them being that formal when they used to bow and curtsey to the Royal Box as a matter of course.

adee-gee
06-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Also, obviously when I say it was my highlight, I mean OTHER than meeting lovely MTFers like Adam ;) :smooch:
:lol: :inlove:

Scoobs, are you up for meeting at Wimbly at about 7.30am? :scared:

MariaV
06-24-2010, 12:10 PM
It was a very formal looking bow, I don't remember them being that formal when they used to bow and curtsey to the Royal Box as a matter of course.

It was for the QUEEN this time after all. :p

Castafiore
06-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Does anybody actually know why the queen - after such a long time - has decided to come to Wimbledon?

Jarkko is also part of the history now. :D :D :D I am so happy for him. :D :banana: :dance:

Er...:unsure:...no offence but are you drunk, high, both? :unsure:

scoobs
06-24-2010, 12:11 PM
:lol: :inlove:

Scoobs, are you up for meeting at Wimbly at about 7.30am? :scared:
yeah we don't want to get there much later than that I imagine.

Minn
06-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Part 1 of things I quoted earlier:

Hmmmm...I don't quite know how exactly to explain it.

The Dutch"g" (although some Dutchies, mostly near the south of the country, also use a soft sounding "g") is pronounced in the back of the mouth, it's a throat sound. Dutchies also tend to pronounces other sounds in the back of the mouth (the "sch" of Scheveningen).
The Flemish "g" is a soft sound, pronounced in the front of the mouth. It's not a throat sound.

The Flemish "g" slides more off your tongue, the Dutch "g" is firmly rooted in the throat.

For the Flemish "g", just listen to Clijsters talking in Flemish:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkPdr3njNdk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkPdr3njNdk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

This is a audio tape with a Dutch person saying a lot of words beginning with the throaty "g":
(I can't embed it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuG_HADAYas Okay. I liked that the second one had the words being said below. Thanks.

Dutch's "g" >>>>>>> Flemish's "g"

Hope that helps Melanie :hug: :o :p

Minn, the swiss Ollander is biased as hell. You know that. ;)

Melanie, the Flemish Walloon is biased as hell. You know that. ;)

In other words: Melanie needs to make up her own mind and not listen to Swiss Walloon wannabe Ollanders.

Both Eva and you need to record something on vocaroo and let Melanie decide which one she prefers :o :D :p

Glad to see both of you are so concerned with my understanding of the different "g"s. :rolls:

Honestly, the Flemish way seems more "normal" to my English ears.

However, the Dutch one doesn't seem that hard to imitate. Trying to imitate some throaty Arabic sounds was harder, at least, it seemed to me.

Thanks for explaining the difference between hard and soft g Hilde :)

Here's the word 'gaan' (to go) with
- Hard G http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Nl-gaan.ogg
- Soft G http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/Nl-gaan_(South).ogg

This was helpful to listen to. Thanks.

I hate that throat sound. Seriously. It is awful. I think Dutch is a retarded language. It's ugly and just really weird. Why do they write the words with so many vowels, and why the throat sound? Sorry, not trying to offend anyone, it's just my opninion. I still love the Dutch people, even though I don't like the language. A little extreme, don't you think?

I love all our regulars. :) Even when I want to :smash: them. :lol: Me too.

:lol: You should post a pic sometime:D Maybe, if I'm ever around at the same time everyone else is (and right now doesn't count; I'm only here briefly).

snooker rerun? :unsure: :rolls: I was thinking the same.

Betty
Hi Betty, I need a partner for Newport too... I've asked Adam in the thread but he hasn't answered 26 hours later so if you want to play with me I will :)
:

sorry i edited coz after i posted that i was in casa and alex told me he ll play with me if he wont play davis..
:hug:

MariaV
Does anybody actually know why the queen - after such a long time - has decided to come to Wimbledon?

No idea about why the Queen decided for the visit this year. But I know for sure that I haven't drunk any alcohol and I've never done any drugs. :angel: :shrug: :p
What a narrow miss for Jarkko. :awww:

star
06-24-2010, 12:15 PM
OK so here's the new chat thread, VAMOS! :rocker: :banana: :yippee:

:hatoff: Thanks, Maria.

:lol: :lol:

:wavey: Good morning, everyone!

I've been watching the recaps and remarks about The Match. They interviewed John's mother and she is a lovely woman. She kept saying she was in awe of both players. They asked what she was most proud of about her son. She thought a moment and said that it was the way he comports himself. She added, "He's not perfect, " but thought overall he did well. She had no idea how the match will turn out because she has no idea how the players prepare. They asked if she noticed a difference in John toward the end of the match. She said that what she noticed was him becoming even more determined.

Mary, who bugs me, did say something good about what it must be like to play Mahut. His hair stands up. He grins from ear to ear. He exudes energy. It's such a contract of individuals. Mrs. Isner said that people sometimes misjudge John because of his outward demeanor, but he's been determined all his life. When he was 3 he broke his femur and had to be in a full body cast and in a wheelchair. She took him out to the driveway and he shot baskets over and over and over. She retrieved the ball and gave it to him. He didn't make many baskets, but just kept doing it.

MariaV
OK for Hilde's sake I'll shut up now, ttyl! :wavey:

scoobs

I guess it was mainly to talk about the junior tennis initiative, to show her the changes to the grounds over the years.

Last time she was here, it was the old court 1, centre court was unchanged with no roof, the old court 2, no Henman Hill, no Millennium building, so...

acionescu
I'm a very hard core monarchist and I think it's awsome and I'll ignore all the nitpicking grumpies :ras:

scoobs
06-24-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm a very hard core monarchist and I think it's awsome and I'll ignore all the nitpicking grumpies :ras:
Why are you a monarchist?

MariaV

:yeah:

star

Yeah. Me either.

Murray's bow looked a bit snarky to me, but maybe Murray just looks snarky even when he isn't. (or looks that way to me.

Mikey! Your boy is right behind HRM. :lol:

Minn
Part 2 (of 2):

Stereotypes :( :lol: :o ;)

The irony is that the winner faces the winner of Mahut-Isner. Poor guys. Has it been decided when that match will take place?

Oh my fucking god. They are still playing? Honestly, I'm beginning to see the wisdom of this soccer scoring. :p :lol:

I wish they could both move on.

the both deserve a special trofy:lol: I agree.

But usually not with such a hanging head.

He's such a nice kid. I forgive him almost everything. And he's got good grammar too. :)

I have no idea how these players do this on a mental level. Sure, the physical challenges are impressive but to find the will to keep going and stay focused for so long?

Isner looks tired but Mahut still looks fresh. Exactly. People were saying Isner looked like he was on auto-pilot; I would think that's partly due to mental exhaustion.

doesn't count for much if you are too cagon to invite me to play :shrug: Or maybe he was too cagon to play ours.

I've been very busy :sad: Welcome back, Claire.

Yeah those guys are right. I actually think that during some games they used Isner's stand-in and Mahut's stunt double. :lol:

The Frenchies got what they deserved :( again striking today so my flight is sickly delayed :( I wish France was in north america or something :o :p First, I hope your flight is on its way now and that the three of you have a good time this weekend.

Second, :mad: :mad:. Don't send them to my continent.

I live in a fairly strong unionized city and I don't think all of France's strikes would go over well here. As I said before, I can't imagine France's widespread strikes taking place here.

I think these days a lot of British people have somewhat Republican leanings but the Queen is held in such affection that the sort of make an exception, I know I do. But when Prince Charles becomes king, you think it might be different?

I just saw an interview with our Governor-General (the Queen's representative in Canada, who is always Canadian) and it reinforced my dislike of that position. I have no problem with remaining part of the Commonwealth, and I'd say that's true of the majority of Canadians, but I'd like the Governor-General and all of her nominal powers gone, and all the nominal powers of the Queen gone too.

So this MTFer Genius died? That's terrible! How was the information confirmed?

:rolleyes:-worthy name for this new poster.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=10082875&postcount=4456

acionescu
06-24-2010, 12:20 PM
And I think UK is strange but awsome :banana:

adee-gee
06-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Olaru :inlove:

MariaV
06-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Oh and as there was already talk about the Queen coming last year should Murray make it to the final she decided to come this year after all.

scoobs
06-24-2010, 12:24 PM
But when Prince Charles becomes king, you think it might be different?

I just saw an interview with our Governor-General (the Queen's representative in Canada, who is always Canadian) and it reinforced my dislike of that position. I have no problem with remaining part of the Commonwealth, and I'd say that's true of the majority of Canadians, but I'd like the Governor-General and all of her nominal powers gone, and all the nominal powers of the Queen gone too.

Yes I really do.

Because I think what the Queen represents is continuity in a world that has changed out of all recognition since 1952 - it's sort of awesome to think that she had audiences with Churchill as her first Prime Minister - I think that sense of stability and stoic adaptation to changing times is one of the reasons that she is held in great affection in the country at large and I think Charles will really struggle to find anything similar - a lot of people think he's a bit of a prat anyway and I'm not sure that's likely to change much.

acionescu
06-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Why are you a monarchist?

Because Monarchy was the only state form that gave Romania stability, wealth and respect. Republic has yet to convince me it's better and you'll understand that I can't take the world of other countries citizens for it.
It also gives to feeling of belonging, Eastern-European are a different breed, head of states that change every 5 years are really not my cup of tea. And no, that doesn't mean I'd like a dictatorship, we had that, thank you very much...
And I also like the glam aspect of it, I'm not gonna lie ....:D

Peta Pan
06-24-2010, 12:25 PM
sorry i edited coz after i posted that i was in casa and alex told me he ll play with me if he wont play davis..
That's ok ;)

SO Adam... you still around? Did you see my request yesterday in Newport thread? :p Will you partner me Yay or Nay? :p

star
06-24-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't care about monarchy one way or the other except that I think it's weird -- you know like being a huge celebrity is weird or having a billion dollars is weird. I can't imagine it.

Obviously, I don't think they are appointed by god or that there is anything like royal blood. I think these people who are royal grow up a bit strangely and probably have a different perspective on things than I do. Obviously, they aren't worried about where their next bowl of Ramen noodles is going to come from.

scoobs
06-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Because Monarchy was the only state form that gave Romania stability, wealth and respect. Republic has yet to convince me it's better and you'll understand that I can't take the world of other countries citizens for it.
It also gives to feeling of belonging, Eastern-European are a different breed, head of states that change every 5 years are really not my cup of tea. And no, that doesn't mean I'd like a dictatorship, we had that, thank you very much...
I find that understandable, of course the Romanian monarchy was forced to abdicate by the communists and I think what Royalty can do is provide a ceremonial focus, and in a way embody what the nation is and what it stands for - it's very intangible but is probably a good thing for stability

MariaV
06-24-2010, 12:29 PM
I read the majority of people would like William to take over after the Queen instead of Prince Charles.

star
06-24-2010, 12:30 PM
I read the majority of people would like William to take over after the Queen instead of Prince Charles.

He's more photogenic. :)

HRM is gonna live as long as her mother -- She's gonna be in her 90s when she dies. So she's got what? 20 more years? I have no idea how old she is. In her 70s I guess.

MariaV
06-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Did we scare Hilde away with all the monarchy talk or is she just busy working? :o

scoobs
06-24-2010, 12:32 PM
I don't care about monarchy one way or the other except that I think it's weird -- you know like being a huge celebrity is weird or having a billion dollars is weird. I can't imagine it.

Obviously, I don't think they are appointed by god or that there is anything like royal blood. I think these people who are royal grow up a bit strangely and probably have a different perspective on things than I do. Obviously, they aren't worried about where their next bowl of Ramen noodles is going to come from.
Well it's said the Queen sees it as a job - she has a job to do and she does it. An unusual job, not one that I would like to have any part of, but it's a responsibility that she feels she must carry out.

I don't envy them for all the wealth and so on - their lives are not their own.

MariaV
06-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Poor Jarkko's both ankles with those black outside supports.

acionescu
06-24-2010, 12:35 PM
I find that understandable, of course the Romanian monarchy was forced to abdicate by the communists and I think what Royalty can do is provide a ceremonial focus, and in a way embody what the nation is and what it stands for - it's very intangible but is probably a good thing for stability

Our King who is still alive and 89 y.o. it's cousin with QE and from the same breed. Wise, stoic with the sense of duty and country before everything.
Sadly this generation of monarchs will soon be gone and what's coming from behind it's not really at the same level although I, personally, like Charles but I'm not living in UK.

acionescu
06-24-2010, 12:35 PM
.Her Majesty is 84 y.o.

star
06-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Well it's said the Queen sees it as a job - she has a job to do and she does it. An unusual job, not one that I would like to have any part of, but it's a responsibility that she feels she must carry out.

I don't envy them for all the wealth and so on - their lives are not their own.

Yeah. It's just totally weird. I don't care about them one way or the other. It's not as if my life will be any different or the world will be any different if England has a monarchy or doesn't. I like the pretty pictures as well as anyone, and of course there is a mystery -- highly cultivated no doubt. It's not a life that would suit me. I wouldn't want my country to have a monarch, but the European monarchies seem harmless. Pretty pictures. :)

acionescu
06-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Hilde likes her Albert too. Not very fond of His children, though :tape:

star
06-24-2010, 12:39 PM
The queen has a bit of the mad hatter going on in that outfit. :o

MariaV
06-24-2010, 12:43 PM
The queen has a bit of the mad hatter going on in that outfit. :o

I like that hat on her. :o :unsure:

scoobs
06-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Her hats have got bigger in recent years, it's true.

acionescu
06-24-2010, 12:45 PM
She has awsome day wear, especially the hats :inlove:

star
I like that hat on her. :o :unsure:

The whole thing is a little matchy matchy for my taste.

Murray. :o

acionescu
Because she got smaller :awww:

Betty
06-24-2010, 12:47 PM
i want see some pics of that:ras:

star
06-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Her hats have got bigger in recent years, it's true.

As she has gotten smaller.

She looks smaller all the time now. Of course, I notice her maybe once a year or so.

Poor Kim.

Castafiore
06-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Hilde likes her Albert too. Not very fond of His children, though :tape:
"her" Albert. :lol:

It's true. Our king Albert is a great king IMO. He's quite popular too, which nobody expected when his brother, king Boudewijn died and he had to get on that throne.
Albert seems to be wise, he's friendly, has a great sense of humor, his Dutch is great (and better than Boudewijn's...too bad that his wife can't really be arsed to speak Dutch properly). Indeed, I'm not too sure about our crown prince. He doesn't seem to be that bright. :tape: Next in line is a girl and if the monarchy survives that long, she'll be our first queen.

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 12:49 PM
i love the queen's hat. but somehow i don't believe all this ruckus about muzzah being all excited for her to be there.

they asked fedgina iff he knew what he was spost to do about shaking the queen's hand and he said he asked nole what to do and they were like :confused: why would you ask him (i.e., seeing as he's such a bozo and you are royalty yourself) and he was like, he just looked like he was ready, he knew what to do. fedgina is so goddamn cute and amiable when he's sitting around wearing a tie, i can't wait for him to retire, i hope he commentates on us tv.

scoobs
06-24-2010, 12:49 PM
well she's not doing badly for 86 I guess.

God, such a build up for this 59-59 resumption.

I bet it'll be over in 2 or 4 games.

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 12:50 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09mF95M13L5OC/439x.jpg

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 12:51 PM
i can almost hear dick enberg popping a boner every time he says "robin's egg blue"

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 12:52 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08e91pGcAsdNt/610x.jpg

Betty
06-24-2010, 12:52 PM
i knew i could count on u snoo for the pic:D

and yes what q rogi did to nole:haha:the right person for to answer:p

Betty
06-24-2010, 12:54 PM
look her face..not so much wrinkles:eek:
andy u have more right?
;)jk:kiss:

Metis
06-24-2010, 12:59 PM
:speakles: Wow, so many monarchy lovers in here. :help: Couldn't believe my eyes when I came into this thread. :rolleyes:

Anyway :lol: no time to chat; catch you all later. :wavey:

Merton's thread over so quickly. :eek: :sad:

Merton, sorry I haven't replied to your PM yet. :tape: It's been a crazy week. I'll get to it later today.

star
06-24-2010, 12:59 PM
I think she never goes out in the sun. :lol: Look at Wade behind her. :o

star
06-24-2010, 01:00 PM
:speakles: Wow, so many monarchy lovers in here. :help: Couldn't believe my eyes when I came into this thread. :rolleyes:

Merton, sorry I haven't replied to your PM yet. :tape: It's been a crazy week. I'll get to it later today.

You just tease us popping in and out like this. :sad: No thought for our feelings. :tears:

MariaV
06-24-2010, 01:00 PM

And Hilde thought I was drunk! :tape: :o

Have a good day! :wavey:

star
06-24-2010, 01:01 PM
wow -- HRM looked so young in 77. :eek: I don't remember her ever looking young. :lol:

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 01:01 PM
look her face..not so much wrinkles:eek:

it's cuz those bigass hats keep the sun off her face

Betty
06-24-2010, 01:02 PM
metis u didnt answer to yr future hub's pm:speakles::o
u know how get the man interest:aplot:;):yeah:

so true star and snoo,u know i like when i have suntun coz i dont look as a vamp, but sure the sun mark the wrinkles:lol:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 01:03 PM
I always wondered how with two beatiful parents and two equally beautifull siblings The Duke of Kent is so scarily ugly :bolt:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 01:05 PM
She was really pretty when young :hearts:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3214/2909947094_8a7cc4a593.jpg

Betty
06-24-2010, 01:05 PM
the dress:hearts:

Peta Pan
06-24-2010, 01:06 PM
He's more photogenic. :)

HRM is gonna live as long as her mother -- She's gonna be in her 90s when she dies. So she's got what? 20 more years? I have no idea how old she is. In her 70s I guess.
That wouldn't be hard :lol:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08e91pGcAsdNt/610x.jpg
That is a lovely photo of her :)

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 01:08 PM
kammon benneteau you muppet you cannot lose to little andi beck

Action Jackson
06-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Monarchies, haha funny things they are. An excuse to sell newspapers, get to pull out some robes and special fashion, while bringing in tourist revenue.

scoobs
06-24-2010, 01:09 PM
That drunken gambling old sot, the Queen Mother, was over a hundred when she carked it, Liz could go the same way.

scoobs
06-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Metis didn't even comment on my Nalbandian naked rubdown video.

I won't be doing *that* again for her.

star
06-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Murray's speed. :eek:

I'm always amazed no matter how often I see it.

star
06-24-2010, 01:20 PM

she's dead to me. :mad:

Saumon
06-24-2010, 01:32 PM
The first two matches are already finished on court 18. I bet some people will wait for one hour with nothing to watch just to keep their seats. :lol:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Poor Jarko :awww:

star
06-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Poor Jarko :awww:

Jarkko is a class guy.

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 01:54 PM
i bet the queen would have liked a sweatband :(

man the bowing looks so lame, like they're about to barf

MariaV
06-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Jarkko is so cute and a really nice guy indeed. :D :D

MariaV
06-24-2010, 01:59 PM
OMG they're BOTH going to the Queen! :D
How cute! :hearts:

Saumon
06-24-2010, 02:08 PM
I was right, it's already packed (http://atdhe.net/20580/watch-wimbledon-mahut-vs-isner) :lol:

tennizen
06-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Dolgopolov:eek::worship:

Andy:hug::yeah:

scoobs
06-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Good effort Andy.

Her Maj is pleased - he won, no F-bombs and no streakers.

Job done.

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 02:18 PM
wow i now just thought one of my own posts was betty

MariaV
06-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Good effort Andy.

Her Maj is pleased - he won, no F-bombs and no streakers.

Job done.

:D :D And Jarkko was a very nice guy to 'accompany' Andy. Doesn't matter that Hilde thinks I'm drunk I'm still glad for Jarkko. :)

MariaV
06-24-2010, 02:20 PM
i bet the queen would have liked a sweatband :(

man the bowing looks so lame, like they're about to barf

You mean this post, Snoo? :lol: :o
Jarkko bowed deeper that Andy. :p :lol:

MariaV
06-24-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm done Jarkko fangirling now so you can all sigh relieved. :D :wavey:

scoobs
06-24-2010, 02:21 PM
:D :D And Jarkko was a very nice guy to 'accompany' Andy. Doesn't matter that Hilde thinks I'm drunk I'm still glad for Jarkko. :)
I'm sure he found it an interesting and memorable experience, it's not every day you get presented to royalty

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 02:23 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/mtf/isnermanute-1.jpg

manute vs isner

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 02:30 PM
pammy looks kinda nice, did she meet the queen too?

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 02:31 PM
holy shit espn made somebody watch this whole fuckin match and count the towel offs (176-126)

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 02:35 PM
:inlove: jizz :inlove:

Saumon
06-24-2010, 02:35 PM
:lol: it's quite rare to get a standing ovation as you enter the court.

tennizen
06-24-2010, 02:48 PM
The Queen drama:zzz:

I hope Isner-Mahut get to a 100 today.

Dolgopolov:inlove:.He smiles so much:inlove:

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 02:53 PM
i wonder if a shitload of people who never watch tennis are tuning in to see this match :scratch:

tennizen
06-24-2010, 02:57 PM
I think so. So many facebook updates had this match score yesterday:lol:

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:05 PM
jeez i hope they don't think this is like, typical.

tracy austin looks tight

acionescu
06-24-2010, 03:06 PM
And they all will think that tennis is :zzz:

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:10 PM
jizz is not looking so good today :scared:

tennizen
06-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Dolgopolov:sad::inlove:

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:14 PM
he looks like a really nice girl who reads a lot and likes horses and is very laid back and maybe plays a musical instrument and has a kind of subtly extra-dry sense of humor but nevertheless you still don't want to be friends with her.

tennizen
06-24-2010, 03:17 PM
I'd be friends with her but agree about the rest:lol:

Metis
06-24-2010, 03:18 PM
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/167/deargodmakeitstopie2.jpg

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:18 PM
kammon fognini you pdm if you're going to lose do it in straights, please don't let me lose on srs after all this fucking agony with bennie boy

Metis
06-24-2010, 03:19 PM
b-2j_27FeH0

only this piece of music is infinitely more interesting than the match

Someone please put a stop to this borefest! :shout:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 03:22 PM
:inlove: Ferru :inlove:

:ras: Serra :ras:

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:22 PM
this will not end until one of them get hurt

tennizen
06-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Metis, our boy Rafito will be playing in a short while:hug:

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:24 PM
it's like some movie i either saw or heard about where a sadistic killer forces the bictims to have sex until they die. was it seven?

Merton
06-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Maria :hug: Good to see you opening the new thread.

Merton
06-24-2010, 03:26 PM
A nice song:

Eec6fYuUTYU

Action Jackson
06-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Skrtel saving the Slovaks, but somehow they are going to fuck this up.

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:29 PM
who does raffls play? diego junqueira? :scared: ivo minar? :scared: :scared: :scared: jorgelina cravero? :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

l_mac
06-24-2010, 03:29 PM
I'd be friends with her

Of course.

She could be your first real life friend.

I can't believe people are watching Isner-Mahut. It's dire.

Italy :lol:

anon57
06-24-2010, 03:31 PM
who does raffls play? diego junqueira? :scared: ivo minar? :scared: :scared: :scared: jorgelina cravero? :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared::rocker2:Robin Haase who is going to get destroyed:o

tennizen
06-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Of course.

She could be your first real life friend.

They could a make a movie with this story.

I can't believe people are watching Isner-Mahut. It's dire.

Not watching. I'll die if I watch that match:lol:

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:32 PM
they already played 15 games today? this is the most insanest ass shit i have ever seen.

-Evita-
06-24-2010, 03:33 PM

:haha:

It feels like they could keep playing all week long and maybe next week too :lol:

Metis
06-24-2010, 03:33 PM
this will not end until one of them get hurt

or his right arm falls off first

Metis, our boy Rafito will be playing in a short while:hug:

:banana:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm watching Isner on TV and Ferru :inlove: on LS

Rafa is playing Haase :scared: :unsure:

scoobs
06-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah me too :o

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:37 PM
or his right arm falls off first

that would prolly hurt

jizzer looks ready to just go home. man this makes me want a beer.

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:41 PM
uh oh

acionescu
06-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Is the Queen still on CC?

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:42 PM
ii wonder if they'll cry after this, and hug and junk. doesn't seem jizz's style.

acionescu
Fuck :mad:

Snoo Foo
Is the Queen still on CC?

she went home right after muzzah's match. she had to walk the corgis.

Action Jackson
06-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Hahahahahaha, great offside goal.

acionescu
06-24-2010, 03:44 PM
So good to see Haase :hearts: back

acionescu
06-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Italy's? NID

acionescu
06-24-2010, 03:48 PM
MP :scared:

And match it is :sad:

Action Jackson
06-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Finally it's over.

tennizen
06-24-2010, 03:50 PM
:bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

Action Jackson
Italy score a great goal.

Bibberz
"It's such a shame that someone had to win this match."

-Greg Rusedski

EDIT: Mahut. :awww:

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
:bigcry: mahut :bigcry:

anon57
06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Mahut just wants to get of the court as soon as possible, poor guy:hug:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Mo :inlove:

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:52 PM
mola gets an award for not falling asleep or wetting himself (as far as we know, anyway)

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:54 PM
what the hell did they give them? a tea set?

acionescu
06-24-2010, 03:54 PM
LOL at Italy's luck

acionescu
06-24-2010, 03:55 PM
The guy promised a TB next time they meat :scared: :scared:

FFS, i'll stop watching the sport if that happens :fiery:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Could they stop the damn match? :smash: It starts to look like Isner-Mahut :(

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 03:58 PM
jesus man they both just want to sit down, this is like, the most cruel shit i've seen all day

Merton
I live in a fairly strong unionized city and I don't think all of France's strikes would go over well here. As I said before, I can't imagine France's widespread strikes taking place here.

Unions here use their position to extract rents from the society at large. For example the shipping union was preventing passengers from entering ships to visit islands. The courts have declared that illegal but they still block entry to ships, counting that a police intervention would be more costly to the goverment than the inconvenience for the poor people who want to travel.

An interesting perspective, no doubt shaped from the horrors of communist rule. I come from Crete, which could be the most anti-monarchy place in Europe and I never lived the old times when we had a monarchy. Still, our experience is quite sorry, starting from heavy-handed intervention during the 1st World War, leading to the disaster in Minor Asia. Then imposing a fascist regime before World War II, then directly intervening in the terrible politics of the post civil war era. I am very glad monarchy lost the referendum in 74 but I can see the different perspective elsewhere.

There would be no change in the substantive sense, the British monarchy is just for the costumes and the peasantry anyway.

tennizen
Haase held the first game:scared:

Bibberz
06-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Mahut twice called this match the greatest ever. Suck it, Wimbledon 2008 Final.

The guy promised a TB next time they meat :scared: :scared:

Yeah, whoever that fuckface was.... :lol:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 03:59 PM
http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/eurosport/20100624/25/873e940cb2970c214acf4d890f547be2.jpg

:rolls:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Haase holds at love :scared::scared:

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 04:03 PM
jizzer's so awesome, they should put him in westerns

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 04:03 PM
what happened in the football?

Saumon
06-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Mahut :sad:

Italy out too! :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :woohoo:

Metis
06-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Haase has hit 8 aces already :spit:

anon57
06-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Haase has hit 8 aces already :spit:According to comments I read from his coach that was the plan, for Robin to just serve out of his mind and hope for the best.

Metis
06-24-2010, 04:13 PM
You just tease us popping in and out like this. :sad: No thought for our feelings. :tears:

Yeah me too :o

You are too hasty to judge me. :sad: I haven't even begun my summary + multiquote of epic proportions.

Now I feel too discouraged to do it. :awww:

Metis
06-24-2010, 04:16 PM
According to comments I read from his coach that was the plan, for Robin to just serve out of his mind and hope for the best.

I guess that makes sense. In any case he has nothing to lose.

Cute guy this Haase :devil:

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 04:17 PM
poor mahut, how they cajoled him into staying for that foolishness :sad: :sad: :sad:

Merton
06-24-2010, 04:19 PM

I knew somebody would appreciate my titles :lol:

She was really pretty when young :hearts:

I prefer the way she looks now. She aged very well.

Monarchies, haha funny things they are. An excuse to sell newspapers, get to pull out some robes and special fashion, while bringing in tourist revenue.

i wonder if a shitload of people who never watch tennis are tuning in to see this match :scratch:

For sure there will be a bandwagon.

only this piece of music is infinitely more interesting than the match

Someone please put a stop to this borefest! :shout:

The title :haha: :tape:

it's like some movie i either saw or heard about where a sadistic killer forces the bictims to have sex until they die. was it seven?

:scared: Was it an adult movie or a horror movie? :scared:

Skrtel saving the Slovaks, but somehow they are going to fuck this up.

They didn't :D Sorry Betty :hug: I am glad for the underdog.

Haase holds at love :scared::scared:

Haase :scared: :unsure:

Metis
06-24-2010, 04:20 PM
What, are they having a special ceremony for the longest match ever? :lol:

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 04:21 PM
i thought anne jones was gerry armstrong

edit: :eek: :bolt:

tennizen
06-24-2010, 04:21 PM
This Haase looks good.

Action Jackson
06-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Merton, I also forgot the amount of inbreeding between the blue bloods.

Great for the underdog Slovakia winning, at the same time Lippi made for his arrogance and lack of regeneration in the squad.

Merton
06-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Nisipeanu just drew with Carlsen. :yeah: He will avoid last place now.

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 04:25 PM
kammon foggles you dork

-Evita-
06-24-2010, 04:26 PM
You are too hasty to judge me. :sad: I haven't even begun my summary + multiquote of epic proportions.

How are you going to multiquote when the other thread has been locked? :awww:

Merton
06-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Merton, I also forgot the amount of inbreeding between the blue bloods.

Great for the underdog Slovakia winning, at the same time Lippi made for his arrogance and lack of regeneration in the squad.

Yes, many nasty diseases as a result, attributed obviously to divine punishment for past sins :awww:

It is difficult to escape from a success like winning the WC, or us winning in 2004. Rehangel should have left already in 2006 and we should have started from scratch back then. I guess it is the same for the Italians.

By the way, is it true that Rudd paid the price for wanting to tax the profits of the commodity producers in Australia?

tennizen
06-24-2010, 04:28 PM
set point for Haase:scared:

Action Jackson
Italy have more to choose from in that regard Merton.

With Rudd it was a multitude of problems, the mining tax is one of them among others.

tennizen
First set Haase:sad:

Metis
06-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Haase, lucky SOB :mad:

scoobs
What the hell?

-Evita-
Rafa :o

-Evita-
06-24-2010, 04:32 PM
That's more like it :dance:

Metis
06-24-2010, 04:34 PM
What happened? :eek: I missed the 1st game. :(

tennizen
06-24-2010, 04:37 PM
2-0 Rafa

acionescu
06-24-2010, 04:40 PM
:fiery:

Maybe Rafa should remember that he's not Mahut :(

star
06-24-2010, 04:42 PM
he looks like a really nice girl who reads a lot and likes horses and is very laid back and maybe plays a musical instrument and has a kind of subtly extra-dry sense of humor but nevertheless you still don't want to be friends with her.

No.

If he is praying for the soccer :zzz: to stop -- that's good.

There would be no change in the substantive sense, the British monarchy is just for the costumes and the peasantry anyway.

Pretty pictures. That's why William should be the next king. Prettier pictures.

jizzer's so awesome, they should put him in westerns

And have him ride a burro. :) :) :)

She's just teasing us. AGAIN. :(

Metis
06-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I knew somebody would appreciate my titles :lol:

They had great variety and included gossip, neurobiology, philosophy, Hollywood, Monty Python, musical theatre, chess, tennis, Rafa winning RG :hearts:, Federer :(, football :rolleyes: etc.

I have my secret methods. :cool:

Metis
06-24-2010, 04:47 PM
If he is praying for the soccer :zzz: to stop -- that's good.

Yes, for that too. :sobbing: But at least we know when the WC is going to end.

She's just teasing us. AGAIN. :(

You'll have to wait and see. :p

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 04:49 PM
:rocker2: forza fognini :rocker2:

rafa_maniac
06-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Rafa's passing shots :hearts:

anon57
06-24-2010, 04:53 PM
That's the serve Robin's been driving me insane with for the past couple of months, doublefaults and all:inlove:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Ferru 2-0 :dance:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Nadal is HAWT :toothy:

Metis
06-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Rafa shirt change:

David Mercer: "I don't understand the wolf whistles. It does nothing to me. :shrug:"
other commentator: "Never happened when I took my shirt off. :("

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 05:15 PM
he keeps calling mahut "nick" which for all i know is what everyone calls him but it's so goddamn cute when jizzer says it.

star
06-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Rafa :fiery:

star
06-24-2010, 05:18 PM
he keeps calling mahut "nick" which for all i know is what everyone calls him but it's so goddamn cute when jizzer says it.

Jizzy makes everything cuter. :)

tennizen
06-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Haase is playing like a possessed man.

acionescu
06-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Rafa :retard:

And finally the crowd roots for the underdog :yeah:

Getta :mad: :armed:

scoobs
06-24-2010, 05:23 PM
What is he doing?

Merton
06-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Dangerous match for Rafa, shades of Kendrick 2006 again.

acionescu
06-24-2010, 05:25 PM
I watch Ferrer - Serra and love to see how Ferru is getting everything back like they are on clay :bigcry: Life is so unfair, why has Rafa to play only big servers? :bigcry:

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 05:26 PM
my bffe

I saw like two minutes of the match and know nothing about tennis of course but I am proud that I could tell the American guy was American because his affect, particularly the way he tilted his head.

acionescu
06-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Yep, I thought since I saw the draw that haase would be much more dangerous than Blake :scared:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 05:28 PM
:haha: :haha: 32 minutes for the 1st set that finished 7-5. I guess it's too fast for Rafa :awww: :hug:

Snoo Foo
cheller & la dulko are playing mixties together :awww:

tennizen
:bigwave: Rafa

Corey Feldman
06-24-2010, 05:29 PM
:hug: Betty :hug: this is a rubbish World Cup anyway

am i the only one who wanted to see old Queen falling when she was walking down those stairs ;)

Corey Feldman
06-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Has Rafa ran into his Falla ?

scoobs
06-24-2010, 05:30 PM
scheiße

Corey Feldman
06-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Mikey Russell blowing 2 set lead to Fog :bigcry:
about to lose

Metis
06-24-2010, 05:31 PM
WTF? What happened? I step away for a bit and Rafa loses the 3rd set. :o

MariaV
06-24-2010, 05:32 PM
:hug: Betty :hug: this is a rubbish World Cup anyway

am i the only one who wanted to see old Queen falling when she was walking down those stairs ;)

Mikey dear, don't be mean. :awww: :o
I am not going to watch this horror any more. :bigwave: But all kudos to Haase! :hatoff:

Smoke944
06-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Mikey Russell blowing 2 set lead to Fog :bigcry:
about to lose

Great choke. Served for the match.

Snoo Foo
06-24-2010, 05:33 PM
:banana: foggles :banana:

Metis
JM's arrival in London has brought Rafa bad luck. :fiery:

Corey Feldman
Maria dear :hug: you know where my couch is, assume the position :devil:

Corey Feldman
06-24-2010, 05:37 PM
damn, just reading about Genuis1787

always liked his avatar

MariaV
06-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Maria dear :hug: you know where my couch is, assume the position :devil:

I'm right over there. :kiss: UNREAL :tape:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Ferrer :retard:

And that prick, Serra, faking the injury and then breaks Ferru when he served for the match :retard:

Metis
Oh Rafa :banghead:

Edit: He breaks after all :p

MariaV
Rafa should've gone and meet the Queen instead. :rolleyes:

MariaV
06-24-2010, 05:41 PM
OK maybe me watching peeking from behind Mikey's couch will bring Rafababy better luck. :tape:

anon57
06-24-2010, 05:43 PM
:rolls:Fognini celebrating his win by tumbling across the grass

acionescu
06-24-2010, 05:45 PM
i don't think rafa should give Haase bakery in the 4th. The ideal would be to keep him on court as long as possible :(

Smoke944
06-24-2010, 05:46 PM
damn, just reading about Genuis1787

always liked his avatar

what happened?

acionescu
At least an Italian is winning today :hug:

Who did he beat? A Slovak? :D

acionescu
He died :sad:

acionescu
Rafa, don't be greedy :smash:

Metis
06-24-2010, 05:47 PM
i don't think rafa should give Haase bakery in the 4th. The ideal would be to keep him on court as long as possible :(

On the other hand serving 1st in the 5th would be advantageous.

Smoke944
06-24-2010, 05:48 PM
He died :sad:

:sad:
Where is Mikey reading about it?

acionescu
06-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Yes, but breaking him the 2nd time for the set not before :scared:

Metis
06-24-2010, 05:49 PM
What happened? How did that poster die? :speakles:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 05:49 PM
IN DDL TT thread

acionescu
06-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Apparently he had an asthma attack that left him brain dead :sad:

MariaV
06-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Why does Rafa look so worried? And what was he talking to his camp? :scared: :unsure: :bigcry:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 05:52 PM
God, I hate Serra :mad:

Metis
06-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Apparently he had an asthma attack that left him brain dead :sad:

:eek: what a shame :( :sad:

Do you know how old he was?

Why does Rafa look so worried? And what was he talking to his camp? :scared: :unsure: :bigcry:

When I looked he was just saying "Vamos"

acionescu
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Ferrer losing the set and 19-15 in points :retard:

scoobs
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
:eek: what a shame :( :sad:

Do you know how old he was?

Only 23.

acionescu
06-24-2010, 05:55 PM
I didn't know him but I understood he was young

scoobs
06-24-2010, 05:55 PM
He was receiving illegal coaching again.

MariaV
06-24-2010, 05:56 PM

No he was talking something, like asking something at the changeover. But Carlos Costa or Tio Toni didn't like answer anything. Fediva would've whined it was against the rules anyway. Rafa was like asking for something but I don't know. :tape: I hope he is not injured. :scared:

Smoke944
IN DDL TT thread

Thanks. Absolutely terrible. :sad:
Rest in peace, Andy :wavey: :angel:

acionescu
Wow, that's such a pity :sad:

MariaV
06-24-2010, 05:57 PM
He was receiving illegal coaching again.

Are you Fediva? :angel: :scared: :unsure:

MariaV
:banghead: :smash:

scoobs
JM's not here, someone should say it :lol:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm really pissed and maybe biased, but can someone explain to me why is the crowd rooting for Haase when they rooted against Falla and Bozo? And please spare me "the beautiful tennis" :bs: :mad:

MariaV
06-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Naah Andreea, at least they're not hatas like in France.

Metis
06-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Ferrer losing the set and 19-15 in points :retard:

Ferru :smash:

Only 23.

Even more tragic when a life ends so prematurely. :(

Corey Feldman
06-24-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm really pissed and maybe biased, but can someone explain to me why is the crowd rooting for Haase when they rooted against Falla and Bozo? And please spare me "the beautiful tennis" :bs: :mad:Ok

because they like Federer

they dont like Nadal

hope that helped.

acionescu
06-24-2010, 06:02 PM
no, I admit they don't hate Rafa but they don't love him as they love Roger too much either :(

Metis
06-24-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm really pissed and maybe biased, but can someone explain to me why is the crowd rooting for Haase when they rooted against Falla and Bozo? And please spare me "the beautiful tennis" :bs: :mad:

You were not paying attention when I wrote down the rules:

1. The crowd roots for the underdog.

2. The crowd roots for Federer even against an underdog.

:p

Corey Feldman
if it was all 16 year old girls in the crowd, i'm sure Nadal would get the awesome support

Haase is done, completely injured and done.

acionescu
Yes, I still remember how they were more sad for Roger losing the 2008 final than happy for Rafa winning it :(

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Metis
06-24-2010, 06:04 PM
no, I admit they don't hate Rafa but they don't love him as they love Roger too much either :(

Roger's English is better than Rafa's. :shrug:

:rolls:

acionescu
06-24-2010, 06:09 PM
if it was all 16 year old girls in the crowd, i'm sure Nadal would get the awesome support

Haase is done, completely injured and done.

Do you think that the press will lirically wax about Rafa too how a great champion he is coming from behind like that and stuff? :inlove: :drool: