Mal's thoughts are now premium [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mal's thoughts are now premium

Tennis Fool
09-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Okay, he could often be wrong or obvious, but Mal's picks were a MTF Slam tradition. Now stupid Espn.com has gone premium and you can only download the commentaries after putting down a cool $6.95 a month.

That sucks.

Anyone got a membership?

tennischick
09-11-2004, 12:56 AM
is ESPN setting out to embarrass Mal? or is the real intent to get rid of him bec no-one will subscribe to Captain Obvious :o :o

WF4EVER
09-11-2004, 01:30 AM
is ESPN setting out to embarrass Mal? or is the real intent to get rid of him bec no-one will subscribe to Captain Obvious :o :o

LMAO! Of course! No-one cares for his opinion anyway so why the hell would anyone spend money to get it? OMG!

Chloe le Bopper
09-11-2004, 02:18 AM
Seriously... how on earth does ESPN figure that their site is worth 7 bucks a month? Please.

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 02:24 AM
They could never sell that to the "thinking public".

Fedex
09-11-2004, 02:29 AM
:haha: :rolls: Like I would spend 7 bucks to read his load of crap :help: :o

Clara Bow
09-11-2004, 06:29 AM
He's just part of the premium package now- which includes ESPN "insider" articles and other features for a wide variety of sports. They have been moving a few writers (of differerent sports) to the insider realm within the past year or so. Therefore, I'm not surprised that Mal has become one of the insider columnists.

Fedex
09-11-2004, 06:40 AM
I see this is a great loss. :haha: It was funny to read his bullshit, though. I wonder how many people would subscribe, just to read Mal's articles. :tape:

superpinkone37
09-11-2004, 06:51 AM
oh geez....someone would have to pay me to ready his articles.....well maybe not, it might be funny just to see what bullshit he comes up with. im not paying for anything though, thats for sure!

Fedex
09-11-2004, 06:59 AM
I'm sure I can find someone out there, that has suscribed to that. :devil: :tape: I'd say the only good analyist of the game today is Bud Collins

MisterQ
09-11-2004, 03:16 PM
the sportsillustrated/cnn site also has some "exclusive" features now that you have to sign up for.

I suggest we posters start charging others to read our insights here on MTF! ;) As you are well aware, it's an unending stream of quality discourse in here. ;) (and I could use the $$$).

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 03:33 PM
the sportsillustrated/cnn site also has some "exclusive" features now that you have to sign up for.

I suggest we posters start charging others to read our insights here on MTF! ;) As you are well aware, it's an unending stream of quality discourse in here. ;) (and I could use the $$$).

Great suggestion. It can't be worse than putting Mal on TV.

maratski
09-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Excellent idea Q! I'm sure there are many people out there who, for instance, are interested in reading if there are already any new pics ;)

tennischick
09-12-2004, 04:51 AM
I suggest we posters start charging others to read our insights here on MTF! ;) As you are well aware, it's an unending stream of quality discourse in here. ;)
i'm definitely worth more than Mal! :devil:

superpinkone37
09-12-2004, 06:08 AM
lmao yeah i would rather pay to come on here than read whatever bullshit mal has to say

the cat
09-13-2004, 04:11 PM
TC's predictions are worth atleast twice what Mal's predictions are worth! :worship: ;)

I am astonished that ESPN is charging money for Mal's predictions. :eek: But shouldn't Mal know better than this? I wonder if he predicted his sister Mashona Washington's huge upset of Maria Sharapova in New Haven. ;)

Fumus
09-14-2004, 12:25 AM

haha Q, that was a $20 post right there.

Vass
09-14-2004, 11:08 AM
lmao yeah i would rather pay to come on here than read whatever bullshit mal has to say
yeah. Plus, there's always adult literatute included in the MTF package. :rolleyes: