Italian Luzzi hits Koellerer of Austria! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Italian Luzzi hits Koellerer of Austria!

Springy
09-10-2004, 10:07 AM
http://www.tgcom.it/sport/articoli/articolo218962.shtml

here' s the article!

silverwhite
09-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Another promising talent (that's what Babelfish says :o) loses his temper...

Springy
Tennis: Luzzi to risk disqualification
The adversary withdraws itself and takes to fists
The Italian tennista Federico Luzzi risks one long disqualification. Engaged in the Challenger of Genoa, the Italian, during the match with the Koellerer Austrian, loses the head and breaks off the raquet. He withdraws himself, but he waits for its adversary and he crops it three fists in pievo face in order then to make return in hotel. Hour will be the international federation to pronounce itself on the case, but nearly long disqualification for disciplinary reasons is discounted one.

Italian tennis under the reflectors. But unfortunately we do not find ourselves of forehead to the great enterprise of novello a Adrian Panatta, but rather than forehead to an nth gesture of pure sport madness. Protagonist Federico Luzzi, Italian tennista young person from always great promise but never truly asserted. During the Challenger of Genoa (25,000 of montepremi, earth), on the field number 2 of the sport center "Valletta Cambiasso", our flagman was found to dispute the match against the Austrian Daniel Koellerer. This last one, after to have lost the first set (and also to have been recalled from the arbitrator with penalty point and penalty game), gains the second and door on the 4-2 to the third party. On the point that the delivery the fifth game is born the contestazione: for the arbitrator the ball is good, for Luzzi is out. To this point the aretino it cracks the raquet, it pulls a soccer to the chair and it is withdrawn. But it does not end here: Koellerer exits and it is put to telephone on the parkes bench of the circle; it comes caught up from Luzzi that delivers three fists to it in full ace and returns then in hotel. And hour to the service the disciplinary board. Within fine week decision of the Atp is attended one.

The blue tennista does not try justifications for how much has made but, with the support of other colleagues, that they will send a letter to the Atp, it asks great voice the disqualification for the Austrian. "agonistica Anger? Nothing of all this - Federico Luzzi has declared - Was a good period for me, the things was going well, the shoulder did not give nearly more annoyance to me, was already thinking next to throws again for the next season... the truth is that it has been be a matter of an episode isolated against a sick player. All the players who were lì and that they have followed the scenes have said that they will ask the Atp that this player does not come more to the tornei and that he comes disqualified for possible a longer time. Scriveranno a letter to the Association saying that to the place mine they would have made the same thing".

Vladimir Poutine
I can't speak Italian, though I am not surprised that this idiot finally got punched.

Here is the bad free translation.

Tennis: Luzzi to risk disqualification
The adversary withdraws itself and takes to fists

The Italian tennista Federico Luzzi risks one long disqualification. Engaged in the Challenger of Genoa, the Italian, during the match with the Koellerer Austrian, it loses the head and it breaks off the raquet. It is withdrawn, but it waits for its adversary and it crops it three fists in pievo face in order then to make return in hotel. Hour will be the international federation to pronounce itself on the case, but nearly long disqualification for disciplinary reasons isdiscounted one.

Italian tennis under the reflectors. But unfortunately we do not find ourselves of forehead to the great enterprise of novello a Adrian Panatta, but rather than forehead to an nth gesture of pure sport madness. Protagonist Federico Luzzi, Italian tennista young person from always great promise but nevertruly asserted.

During the Challenger of Genoa (25,000 of montepremi, earth), on the field number 2 of the sport center "Valletta Cambiasso", our flagman found itself to dispute the match against the AustrianDaniel Koellerer. This last one, after to have lost the first set (and also to have been recalled from the arbitrator with penalty point and penalty game), it gains the second and door on the 4-2 to the third party.

On the point that the delivery the fifth game is born thecontestazione: for the arbitrator the ball is good, for Luzzi it is out. To this point the aretino it cracks the raquet, it pulls a soccer to the chair and it is withdrawn. But it does not end here: Koellerer exits and it is put to telephone on the parkes bench of the circle; it comes caught up from Luzzi that delivers three fists to it in fullace and returns then in hotel. And hour to the service the disciplinary board. Within fine week decision of the Atp is attended one.

The blue tennista does not try justifications for how much has madebut, with the support of other colleagues, that they will send one letter to the Atp, it asks great voice the disqualification for the Austrian. "agonistica Anger? Nothing of all this - Federico Luzzi has declared - Was a good period for me, the things were going well, the shoulder did not give nearly more annoyance to me, I was already thinking next to I throw again for the next season...

The truth is that it has been be a matter of an episode isolated against a sick player. All the players who were lì and that they have followed the scenes have said that they will ask the Atp that this player does not comemore to the tornei and that he comes disqualified for possible alonger time. They will write a letter to the Association saying that to the placemine they would have made the same thing ".

2Tough4Men
09-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Can somebody who does speak Italian just give an English account? Man that did not translate well. :)

maratski
09-10-2004, 11:29 AM
This Luzzi guy is a weirdo. All I hear about him is bad, including his tennis. Apart from a controversial win against Clement in Rome a few years ago he's a nobody. :rolleyes:

rwb196
09-10-2004, 02:46 PM
it pulls a soccer to the chair and it is withdrawn

...the Italian name for football/soccer is Calcio which literally translates as kick !

So I conclude that Luzzi kicked the ump's chair during a dispute and was defaulted, this after earlier warnings for raquet breaking etc.

The title of the thread tells the rest of the story!

Scotso
09-10-2004, 06:47 PM
as I posted a while back, I saw this guy play in a futures in Texas. He did nothing but yell at his opponent, the umpire, the photographer, and the fans. He's a JERK. And that was during a 6-2 6-3 win. He's a waste of space and I hope he gets kicked out of the tour permanently.