The LUCKIER post-Wimbledon claycourt season thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The LUCKIER post-Wimbledon claycourt season thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tutu
06-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Eastbourne 14/06
Wimbledon 21/06

ALLEZ! :worship:

turtle-rn
06-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Vamos Gillou! :rocker2: Hopefully, his hairdo will be okay. :scared:

MsTree
06-11-2010, 08:23 PM
:woohoo: Nice thread :D

Vamos Gillou! :rocker2: Hopefully, his hairdo will be okay. :scared:

:lol: :hug: Are you scared he's turned into the wildman of tennis? :devil:

Tutu
06-11-2010, 09:16 PM
By the way, i'm contemplating going to the qualifying tomorrow. If I do, i'll try to see if I can find Gilles practising somewhere.

turtle-rn
06-11-2010, 09:52 PM
:lol: :hug: Are you scared he's turned into the wildman of tennis? :devil:
Away from cameras, man gets lazy and hair grows back to 2006 disaster.

turtle-rn
06-11-2010, 09:55 PM
I mean this:

http://zefts.free.fr/Simon/gal/albums/2006/gs06%20%2841%29.jpg

:hysteric:

turtle-rn
06-11-2010, 09:57 PM
By the way, i'm contemplating going to the qualifying tomorrow. If I do, i'll try to see if I can find Gilles practising somewhere.
Nice! :D

Certinfy
06-11-2010, 09:58 PM
I'll be going Eastbourne on the wednesday to the saturday, so if I see Gilles I'll take loads of pics of him for all u fans. :)

Jills
06-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I am soooo happy he got a WC! And with the state of the entry list he could do really well. *fingers crossed*

Praying that he's finally back 100% healthy. I saw him play in Miami and it was so depressing :sad:

Allez, Gilles!

Jills
06-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I'll be going Eastbourne on the wednesday to the saturday, so if I see Gilles I'll take loads of pics of him for all u fans. :)

Thank you! :D

Kezzi
06-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks for opening the thread Tutu. I see he choose Eastbourne. Looking forward to the reports and photos of all that are going. Have fun! :D

Allez Gillou! :bounce:

I mean this:

I really hope he did find a hairdresser in between somewhere. :p I like the longer hair, but more like this:
http://zefts.free.fr/Simon/gal/albums/2006/vd06%20%2803%29.jpg

Jills
06-11-2010, 10:12 PM
I mean this:

Oh god, he's one scrunchie away from being Dolgopolov Jr's twin :lol:

lalaland
06-11-2010, 10:13 PM
:bounce: I've never been so excited for grass season before :p.
Thank you Tutu :worship:, for taking up this daunting task ;).

Away from cameras, man gets lazy and hair grows back to 2006 disaster.
:rolls: I don't mind seeing that, kinda fun :devil:
But I think he at least got a haircut in between showing up at the 2nd Mousquetaires epi and the RG commentary booth, he even shaved :p.

Thanks in advance. Let us know how his practice goes if you catch him on the practice court. And have fun. :D

WarriorA
06-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Fab thread :yeah: Allez Gillou!!! :D :D :D

Thanks Jase! :D Watch out though because afterward you may end up thinking he's a better catch than Tomas ;) :p

misty1
06-12-2010, 05:02 PM
gilles has a very nice draw

evgeny korolev in the first round, the guy who hasnt even won a match in forever

a qualifier in the 2nd round

most likely llodra in the quarter final

so i could definately see atleast a quarterfinal appearance here

if he gets past llodra feliciano lopez most likely awaits in the semis

lalaland
06-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Was hoping Mika would stay away from Gilles' side of the draw:(. Nevermind, if he goes as far as QF, I'm happy.
Every tournament Korolev entered, I cheered for him to win a match, but please don't start now in this tournament :p.

ALLEZ GILLOU!

misty1
06-12-2010, 06:37 PM
i know how you feel, i have been thinking for a while now that evgeny has to win eventually but i dont want it to be now lol

does gilles not have a good record against llodra?

MsTree
06-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Gillou just has a bad record against Frenchies full stop :lol:

Not a bad draw, and Eurosport are showing it from Tuesday :D

turtle-rn
06-12-2010, 11:11 PM
does gilles not have a good record against llodra?
He is one loss short of achieving pigeon status. :lol:

Tutu
06-12-2010, 11:23 PM
I saw him! Sorry I couldn't take any pictures but I saw him watching a womens match on the field and then I kept my eye on him til he went on the practise court. He hit with Ward (:help:) but he was hitting so well and made me realise just how much I have missed his game. He seemed happy and although I wanted to go up and talk to him, the alpha male in me stopped me from doing so. :lol:

I will be going on Monday because I had so much fun so i'll try and take pictures of him then.

Tutu
06-12-2010, 11:25 PM
And his hair is pretty long, but it's not that bad yet. :lol:

MsTree
06-13-2010, 08:54 AM
You're making me want to go to Eastbourne :)

But I just goggled it and it's 1017km away and would take 11 hours and 29 minutes to drive, (according to the RAC) and assuming I had a car that could go that far in a oner not needing a towtruck or garage :sobbing:

turtle-rn
06-13-2010, 01:56 PM
And his hair is pretty long, but it's not that bad yet. :lol:
Pretty long is bad enough. :p Thanks for the report and yeah, hopefully you'll get some pics on Monday. :D

Cloudygirl
06-13-2010, 03:35 PM
He needs to stay in until saturday as I could go there then.

MsTree
06-13-2010, 05:15 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/741/op.pdf

He's first up on Centre. Allez Gillou!!!

lalaland
06-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the report, Tutu. Have fun tomorrow!
So first match of the day, seems like there's no livestream yet :(. I'm dying to see his form, oh well.

ALLEZ GILLES!

Tutu
06-13-2010, 09:37 PM
First match on. :rolleyes: Well I hope his match is short and then he has a hit after his match.

misty1
06-13-2010, 09:43 PM
he has a 3-0 record against evgeny so even if it takes him a set to get into rythym i would expect him to pull through

after that it could get tricky since it will be either nishikori or kuznetsov

lalaland
06-13-2010, 11:20 PM
:tape: I'm trying to not say anything that may jinx him ;) :p. Ya, jinx's my thing as much as hair is Nat's thing :p.

Anyhow, this said there's a stream : http://www.alivetennis.com/evgeny-korolev-gilles-simon-live-stream/

Guess I'll have to get up early to find out if this actually works. Somehow I think I will wake up anyway just to watch the scoreboard :o, so there.

Edit: Oh, seems like they are all from bet sites, so I guess I can't really see these, but maybe some of you can then. We'll see.

Truc
06-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Today in L'Equipe:
Simon a des noeuds dans la tête
Pas serein, le Français effectue aujourd'hui sa rentrée après une blessure au genou qui l'a privé de tournois depuis deux mois et demi.

GILLES SIMON s'est entraîné hier sur gazon, de 11 heures à 13 heures, avec plusieurs partenaires, dont Fabio Fognini, tombeur de Monfils à RolandGarros, sous l'oeil et l'oreille complices (le Niçois convalescent a besoin de s'exprimer tout en jouant) de Thierry Tulasne. Au premier tour l'attend peut-être sa première victoire de l'année sur le circuit ATP. L'ex-numéro 6 mondial, blessé au genou droit depuis Roland-Garros 2009, l'espère. Tête de série numéro 3, wild-card ici, il figure cette semaine à la trente-troisième place du classement ATP. Son adversaire est le numéro 1 kazakh Evgueny Korolev (73e), face à qui il n'a jamais perdu. Premières impressions à chaud, à une table de jardin, avec cris de mouette en fond sonore : « Je n'arrive pas vraiment à juger ce que je fais et je crois surtout qu'il faudrait justement que je n'essaie pas ! Il faudrait que j'arrive à être spectateur de ce que je fais sur le terrain. Or, là, en permanence, je me dis : “Mais ce coup droit-là, est-ce que je le ratais avant ? Ce revers, est-ce que je le jouais comme ça ? Ce genre de point, est-ce que je défendais ? Est-ce que j'attaquais ?” » Le Français affiche un bilan de quatre défaites pour zéro victoire sur le circuit principal en 2010. Piètre consolation : une finale au Challenger de Sunrise, entre Indian Wells et Miami, son dernier tournoi. Il a raté deux tournois du Grand Chelem et toute la saison sur terre battue. Il lui serait sans doute profitable d'accepter l'idée que son tennis ne peut pas revenir du jour au lendemain. Et pourtant : « C'est trop dur de penser comme ça, confie-t-il. Parce que je joue au tennis depuis que je suis tout petit et le tennis, l'air de rien, c'est un combat. On ne se dit pas : “Je vais perdre aujourd'hui !” Ce ne serait pas une bonne approche... Il faut arriver à jouer le match pour gagner, mais sans toutefois se juger autant que je le fais. »
« J'ai perdu des habitudes »
Aujourd'hui, Gilles Simon va devoir faire face à un adversaire inconstant, Korolev. « Evgueni ? Il joue tout seul ! Je vais avoir besoin de mes jambes, je l'ai toujours battu (3-0), pour autant je n'ai pas toujours rigolé. La dernière fois, à Bangkok, j'ai fait du kilomètre ! » Hier, on a vu le Français, malgré des efforts évidents, laisser passer des balles, comme s'il avait peur de se faire mal. « Non, ce n'est pas pour ça. C'est parce que j'ai perdu des habitudes. C'est inconscient. Moi, j'essaie d'y aller à fond, mais ma jambe, elle, n'y va pas. Mon appui, je ne le mets pas, ou je fais le mauvais choix en bout de course : je joue long de ligne parce que je n'ai pas envie de me mettre en position de jouer croisé... Voilà, ce sont des noeuds dans la tête qu'il faut arriver à défaire. C'est de l'inquiétude, aussi. J'ai l'impression que si le mec contrôle l'échange je ne vais pas réussir à courir. Que si je laisse l'offensive à l'autre, ça va aller mal pour moi. Je fais tout pour ne pas la lui laisser, alors qu'avant c'était tactique, je le faisais exprès... Je ne suis pas encore complètement serein. »
DOMINIQUE BONNOT

Truc
06-14-2010, 07:13 AM
“Database errors” galore again. :armed:
I don't have time for a proper translation, sorry, and it's not easy to summarize because there aren't many facts, it's all about Gilles describing his current state of mind, which is pretty confused.
They interviewed him yesterday after a 2 hours practice session, the journalist doesn't really comment on his game, just says he was talking a lot!
Gilles says he can't assess at all his current level. But he should stop thinking so much about it too, he's always wondering on the court: "how did I use to play my FH/BH in this situation? Did I use to attack on this kind of ball?" etc.
He says it's too hard to admit that his game won't be back over night. Going into a match thinking "I'm going to lose today" is not the right approach anyway, he needs to be able to play for the win - but without judging on himself as much as he's doing atm.
He says that he might have a 3-0 record against Korolev, but it hasn't always been easy, he had to run so much in their match in Bangkok last year.
The journalist noticed that he was not chasing down all the balls yesterday in training, as if he was afraid to hurt himself. Gilles: "No, that's not the point. I've just gotten out of the habit. It's subconscious. 'Knots in my mind' I need to untie. There's anxiety, too. I have the impression that if the guy is dictating the rallye, I won't be able to run and it's going to end up badly for me. I do everything I can to prevent him from being in control of the game, while it used to be a tactic in the past, I was doing it deliberately... I'm not completely confident/serene yet."

rtgy
06-14-2010, 09:24 AM

He's first up on Centre. Allez Gillou!!!

:D yeah :bounce::bounce::bounce:

ALLEZ GILLOU!!! :rocker:

misty1
06-14-2010, 12:12 PM
he is really struggling with his serve

8 double faults and going at 41% overall, including only 22 % in the 3rd set

broken after being 40-15 up in the 3rd

lalaland
06-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Oh Gilles, this is not looking good :(. Evgeny is building up confident along the way, saved all 3 bp this game :mad:.

lalaland
06-14-2010, 12:55 PM
He won:worship:

rtgy
06-14-2010, 12:56 PM
yeah VICTORY 6-3 6-7 6-4

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

allez!!!! :rocker:

lalaland
06-14-2010, 12:58 PM
1st win of the year, in Gilles Simon fashion no less, down a break in the 3rd and a breakpoint away from down 2 breaks but he toughed this one out. Thanks Gilles, you just make my day and my day hasn't even started :D. Now I'm going to back to bed.

sammy01
06-14-2010, 01:06 PM
yay, so happy he has won, and woop i can come back to the simon forum and not feel depressed!

misty1
06-14-2010, 01:08 PM
:bounce:i'm so happy

i really didnt think he stood a chance after he double faulted 3 times to open the 3rd set and wasted 0-40 at 1-2down in the 3rd

misty1
06-14-2010, 01:33 PM
next up is andrey kuznetsov. Last years junior wimbledon champion, he has come through qualifying and has been playing really well.

This could be a tricky one for gilles and if andrey keeps serving like he has been, and gilles does like he did today then i could actuuly see gilles losing.

Naina
06-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Welcome back Gillou love :hearts:

Keep going :yeah:

turtle-rn
06-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Yes! :yippee:

Did anyone actually watch the match or are the infos above just scoreboard and stats datas? I hope the result was not just Zhenya's being his usual hopeless.

lalaland
06-14-2010, 04:59 PM
All SB watching, there's no stream.

Gilles was down a break in each of the 3 sets and he managed to get back. I'm sure Zhenya helps a lot to let him back in. He's serving lower than 50% (I can't say that's unusual though :p). And he has like 9 DFs :o. All and all, I can't imagine this is a pretty match to watch. But a win is a win ;).

This could be a tricky one for gilles and if andrey keeps serving like he has been, and gilles does like he did today then i could actuuly see gilles losing.

Unlike you, I can always imagine him losing :o. But I hope he wins at least 1 more match. Allez Gilles.

turtle-rn
06-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks. So no info about his hairdo either lol.

lalaland
06-14-2010, 05:22 PM
:lol: No news of the hairdo yet, Nat.

MsTree
06-14-2010, 05:27 PM
I've been hyper since I checked the scoreboard at lunchtime! :woohoo: Allez Gilles!!! :D

Sombrerero loco
06-14-2010, 05:44 PM
great comeback in the third :D
go-go!!:)

lalaland
06-14-2010, 06:17 PM
looked thru the tournament website and can't find no pic of Gilles to see his hair :(. This tournament is all about the women, and James Blake :p. Love that they are so smitten by Blake, a caption of his pic said: Is last year's AEGON Championships finalist James Blake, top to toe in white, and looking rather angelic... :lol:. The Brits are still hoping that Blake will take on the British citizenship so they can claim him a Brit. With Blake's current ranking of 110, he'll be the Brits #2 ;).

Sorry, this is so :topic:

misty1
06-14-2010, 06:20 PM
blake is such a tool i dont know why or how anyone could like him so much

there is a picture of gilles up on the atp site, is that not current?

lalaland
06-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Oh right, I didn't think of checking the ATP website.

Looks like it's current since no bandage on the knee.

MsTree
06-14-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't like Blake at all, although he's remarkable from coming back from such a horrific injury. I would rather have DC ignominy thanks :lol:

The pic of him on the ATP site is from the start of the year. Gilles' hair grows so quick that he would need to be getting it cut every fortnight to keep Nat happy ;) Maybe Tutu or Jase were there today and we'll get a pic :)

edit I found the pic you meant oops

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gAtapG1jzgeT/x610.jpg

lalaland
06-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Grass not very green in England (I'm too used to the beautiful lawn in S.A. :p), but Gilles in white looks great :D.

Thanks Les.

lalaland
06-14-2010, 07:12 PM
I don't have time for a proper translation, sorry, and it's not easy to summarize because there aren't many facts, it's all about Gilles describing his current state of mind, which is pretty confused.
They interviewed him yesterday after a 2 hours practice session, the journalist doesn't really comment on his game, just says he was talking a lot!
Gilles says he can't assess at all his current level. But he should stop thinking so much about it too, he's always wondering on the court: "how did I use to play my FH/BH in this situation? Did I use to attack on this kind of ball?" etc.
He says it's too hard to admit that his game won't be back over night. Going into a match thinking "I'm going to lose today" is not the right approach anyway, he needs to be able to play for the win - but without judging on himself as much as he's doing atm.
He says that he might have a 3-0 record against Korolev, but it hasn't always been easy, he had to run so much in their match in Bangkok last year.
The journalist noticed that he was not chasing down all the balls yesterday in training, as if he was afraid to hurt himself. Gilles: "No, that's not the point. I've just gotten out of the habit. It's subconscious. 'Knots in my mind' I need to untie. There's anxiety, too. I have the impression that if the guy is dictating the rallye, I won't be able to run and it's going to end up badly for me. I do everything I can to prevent him from being in control of the game, while it used to be a tactic in the past, I was doing it deliberately... I'm not completely confident/serene yet."

BTW, thanks Fran.
He needs to stop over-thinking, not that it's an easy thing to do when he doesn't know how things gonna turn up this time. Good that he got a win under his belt now. Maybe he can relax a little bit.

Tutu
06-14-2010, 08:15 PM
I saw him after the match having an interview. They didn't let me anywhere near him. :rolleyes:

lalaland
06-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Did you get to see his match though?

sammy01
06-14-2010, 10:12 PM
I saw him after the match having an interview. They didn't let me anywhere near him. :rolleyes:

probably for his own safety :angel:

Sombrerero loco
06-14-2010, 10:59 PM

didn´t get a pic with him?T_T

Guy Haines
06-15-2010, 04:17 AM
So glad Gilles is playing again! :D

Truc, your translations are the best. "Knots in the mind" -- Gilles is a thinker compared to much of the tour.

It'll surely be a building process. His first rise up the rankings was like that. I hope he can do it again.

Btw, it's ironic all the complaints and sniping comments directed at Gilles in GM. I actually love the look of his game and his form on serves and grounstrokes. There are many players on tour with uglier games and more obvious weaknesses.

It'll be good to see him on court again.

Truc
06-15-2010, 06:36 AM
You're welcome, I liked the "knots in the mind" too, very spot on!

Today's interview in L'Equipe:

Truc
06-15-2010, 07:06 AM
He showed two different faces during the match. He took a perfect start. Then at the end of the 1st set he started to hold a press conference on the court at the same time as he was fighting: "Not one service winner! ... It's driving me crazy! ... I'm sick of not being able to hit a cross FH!"
He lost the 2nd set TB despite having a MP and it was not looking good for him at the beginning of the 3rd set. The live commentary went accordingly: "If only I was able to serve, I would beat him in straight... I have no condition... I haven't hit one single winner in the whole match!"
Then out of the blue he calmed down and had the little bit of luck one needs on grass to pull out the win.

The interview:
The journalist says the match was strange, with a lot of ups and downs from both players.
Gilles says he played the MP well, even though he had trouble taking control of that rallye. He "forced" Korolev to play a difficult shot and to hit a long line winner of a low-bouncing ball, and Korolev did it.

The knee:
There is a risk to reinjure the knee during an estimated period of 2-3 months. It's not like a strain where you can run completely normally again as soon as the injury is over. He will feel easier in his mind after 3 months on the tour. But right now, he can't say to himself: "allez, everything is fine, yippee!" He's doing what he can...

His attitude on the court was not flawless:
He tries to have the right attitude in training, but he's not serene enough yet to stay focused on what he has to do. His attitude deteriorated during the match, his serve was giving him so much trouble. Since he was very tensed on his serve, his body was starting to ache all over by the end of the 2nd set. He wasn't able to relax. It was tough. But he calmed down well, it's great to have won.

What was different from his former matches?
In the past, even when he wasn't playing well, he used to think that he was at least able to run all over the court and that the opponent would need to spend a lot of time on the court to beat him. He was bringing everything back, even if it was at 2 km/h only. If he tries to do the same now, he will most probably end up in the "infirmary".
On the other hand, his upper body is stronger now, he can serve hard during a longer time. He is absolutely not worried about his ability to be back at the top if the knee issue settles down in the long term. But his speed and his movement will be the deciding point. Depending on how good his movement is, he plays like a top 50 player, top 30 or top 10.

All in all, he's happy with the match, at least he will be able to play a 2nd match. He doesn't know his opponent at all (I'm not sure if he has never heard of Kuznetsov or if he means he hadn't even checked who he would play in the 2nd round). He will try to recover well now, but he will certainly feel some pain this morning.

Puschkin
06-15-2010, 07:52 AM
He showed two different faces during the match. He took a perfect start. Then at the end of the 1st set he started to hold a press conference on the court at the same time as he was fighting: "Not one service winner! ... It's driving me crazy! ... I'm sick of not being able to hit a cross FH!".
:rolls:

Dimitra
06-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Very nice win Gillu!Well done:D I hope he can go deep here!:yeah:
I've missed him.

lalaland
06-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks Fran.

His attitude on the court was not flawless:
He tries to have the right attitude in training, but he's not serene enough yet to stay focused on what he has to do. His attitude deteriorated during the match, his serve was giving him so much trouble. Since he was very tensed on his serve, his body was starting to ache all over by the end of the 2nd set. He wasn't able to relax. It was tough. But he calmed down well, it's great to have won.

The body aching all over again during/after a match. That's the thing, being too tense has just been a big problem that hinders his physical just like last time when he tried to return. If he can relax a little more, that will help not putting too much strain on the body. I know it's the hardest thing to be able to relax. But I really think the tension on the body is the cause to his physical woes. He needs to find a way, do some meditation or sth. Idk. Oh well, I just hope and pray he won't re-injure himself in any way. If he has to play mediocre for the next 3 months to not put his body in risk, so be it. I'm sure when he's confident enough to know that his body won't break down anymore, he will be able to get back to top form.

MsTree
06-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks Fran!

I've missed hearing about what lurks in Gillou's mind :)

turtle-rn
06-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks Fran for the article. :]

Still no OOP for tomorrow on the tournament website or is it just my browser sucking again? >_<

lalaland
06-15-2010, 07:46 PM
3rd match on Court 1 tomorrow. Is there a stream?

Wolfy
06-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Come on Gille
I love you because your from Twighlight.
Eastbourne field is nothing. You should rip them to shreds :hearts:

MsTree
06-15-2010, 07:59 PM
No Gillou for me then :( Eurosport will show James Ward's match on centre :( Maybe somebody lovely can record a stream if there is one!

turtle-rn
06-15-2010, 08:08 PM
3rd match on Court 1 tomorrow. Is there a stream?

From the comments I've read elsewhere, there were streams for today matches. I've haven't personally watched any though.

turtle-rn
06-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Come on Gille
Eastbourne field is nothing. You should rip them to shreds :hearts:

bar Kuznetsov, Llodra & co :p

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wolfy again."

Wolfy
06-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Iivescorehunter or Bet365 might have livestream for ATP Eastbourne Court1
Eurosport might show Watson if they can't resist. Hoping they will stay on court 1 aswell

lalaland
06-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Come on Gille

Do u not love the tennis player Gilles Simon :sad:?

bar Kuznetsov, Llodra & co :p

:lol: well, I'm beginning to think I'm giving too much credit to Kuznetsov, eventhough he's Wimby Jr champ last yr and on a pretty good streak at the moment after 3 consecutive wins on grass plus he's young and powerful and the unknown factor to Gilles as well as Gilles' own issues...:p. If he gets to play Mika, then I'll have less doubt cos the outcome is somewhat predictable :p.

Currently there's nothing listed on liveScoreHunter yet. But they will likely update later the day. We'll see.
3rd match is a more reasonable morning hr for me. My stream capturing thingy (whatever it's called), just the demo version, was never able to capture any livestream (not sure why but probably it will work if it got paid), but I'll give it a try tomorrow anyhow Les, just don't have high hope for it.

misty1
06-15-2010, 08:30 PM
there is a part of me that wants gilles to lose tommorrow simply because i would rather not see him lose to llodra again and if they do play eachother llodra would probably destroy him right now so i would rather not see that.

MsTree
06-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Nah he needs the matches! And Gillou is more than capable of pulling off improbable results, both good and bad. One match at a time, one point at a time :)

misty1
06-15-2010, 09:17 PM
thats the part that im conflicted about

on one hand i hate seeing him lose ever and i know he needs matches

on the other hand..well i've already said

PinkFeatherBoa
06-16-2010, 01:04 AM
Thanks for all the interview/article updates, Fran!

I'm so glad Gillou is back finally, really been missing him and the inner workings of his mind. ;) Good luck tomorrow!

misty1
06-16-2010, 03:21 PM
gilles cruising through the first set, up 4-0 right now

and serving alot better at 65%

takes the first set 6-1

misty1
06-16-2010, 03:44 PM
andrey putting up a better fight in the second

up a break 3-1

gilles breaks right back for 2-3

misty1
06-16-2010, 04:09 PM
a real battle here in the 2nd

6-5 andrey leads

gilles had a chance to break for 5-4 at 15-40 on andrey's serve but full credit to andrey who held off both break points

kuznetsov takes the 2nd set 7-6(7-3)

and now gilles is double faulting all over the place

3 of his 7 have come in the 3rd set alone

misty1
06-16-2010, 04:43 PM
gilles in trouble in the 3rd set, falling into a pattern of fighting tooth and nail to hold serve while andrey holds relativley easyily

12 return points for andrey in the 3rd compared to 4 for gilles

lalaland
06-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Wish there's a stream to see what's going on. He must be getting really tired, or worse :(.

C'mon Gilles, just break him and get it over with.

misty1
06-16-2010, 04:52 PM
love hold with aces number 3 and 4 for andrey for 5-5

followed by love hold for gilles

i think the fact that he's been in troubl on every service game up to this point has got him fired up

tiebreaker time!

gilles has lost the last 2 he's played

lalaland
06-16-2010, 05:03 PM
OMG, what a tough one, but he won!

rtgy
06-16-2010, 05:05 PM
WOW he did it!!! ALLEZ!!! :rocker:

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

GILLOU ROCKS!!! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Tutu
06-16-2010, 05:06 PM
KEEP IT UP, GILLES! So happy. :woohoo:I may go on Friday if he's on an outside court and still playing, but I don't think they use outside courts for semis.

turtle-rn
06-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Well done Gillou. :unsure:

Llodra lost a set to Robert, there's still hope! :D

Dimitra
06-16-2010, 05:08 PM
yes!!:woohoo: :yeah: :D good win!!

let's hope Llodra now loses :p :o

lalaland
06-16-2010, 05:11 PM
He won his first TB of the year. ALLEZ

Now get some rest :hug: and then go find your serve, you'll need it tomorrow .

MsTree
06-16-2010, 05:21 PM
:dance: fantastic :D

turtle-rn
06-16-2010, 05:24 PM
let's hope Llodra now loses :p :o
Er no, Llodra already won in 3 earlier on. I merely meant he doesn't seem to be in the best of shape.

Dimitra
06-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Er no, Llodra already won in 3 earlier on. I merely meant he doesn't seem to be in the best of shape.

:o Ooups!sorry hadn't checked that result :o :p
..in any case let's hope Gillou can defeat him anyway.;) :)

Wolfy
06-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Trying so hard to choke but got it done in the end
come on Now beat Llodra

misty1
06-16-2010, 06:00 PM
i knew at 5-5 in the 3rd when he held to love he wasnt going to lose because until that point he was under pressure on every single service game in the 3rd set. Its like he said to himself"im not going to lose this" .

great fight from gilles in what i knew was going to be a tough match no matter what anyone else thought.

lalaland
06-16-2010, 06:31 PM
4th match on Center Court tomorrow. Finally, there should be a stream, except, not sure if this is the match I want to see :p. Well, he beat Richard the first time ever this year, maybe he can do it. And seeing that he has 2 tough battles already, even if he only plays one more match this week, it's not a bad thing, moderation could be the key to maintain healthy. Anyway, I'm pretty happy, maybe his serve and movements ain't up to par yet, but his fight never slips a step :yeah:.

sammy01
06-16-2010, 09:03 PM
slutiana is bringing our simon much luck so far :worship:

keep it going simon, nothing to lose against llodra now!

Sombrerero loco
06-16-2010, 09:04 PM
he can win michael^^ for sure
allez poussin!!

misty1
06-16-2010, 09:26 PM
best of luck tommorrow against llodra for sure

llodra doesnt look like he's been playing at his best so there might be a chance..and he did beat richard this year

he also started out serving pretty well against andrey today, he was in the 60's for a while so hopefully he can keep that kind of serve up tommorrow and minimize the double faults

Tutu
06-16-2010, 10:30 PM
slutiana is bringing our simon much luck so far :worship:

keep it going simon, nothing to lose against llodra now!

:worship:

ALLEZ!

Truc
06-17-2010, 06:32 AM
There's nothing about the match today in L'Equipe, just a few lines about the upcoming match against Llodra at the end of another article. It made me smile because you can feel the usual love of Gilles for Mika - and Tulasne is back to his usual "Gilles is so amazing" again:
Llodra n’a jamais perdu contre Simon (4-0), mais Tulasne veut y croire : « Ça va être super compliqué, car Mika, avec Amélie derrière lui, a de grandes ambitions sur gazon, mais Gilles, aujourd’hui, m’a impressionné. Ça va se jouer au mental. » Simon sourit, tellement content d’avoir pu cavaler (1 h 57’) : « Mon genou va bien, mais le reste... il n’y a plus rien qui va ! » ironise-t-il. La suite, c’est tout bonus : « Même s’il n’est pas un meilleur joueur de tennis que moi, Mika m’a toujours battu. Ça pèse énormément. Au niveau du jeu, il n’y a pas tout qui va (sic), mais je vais essayer de gagner. C’est intéressant de voir si je suis encore présent au combat ou non. »
Llodra is leading 4-0 in the h2h, but Tulasne believes he can do it: "It will be very difficult because Mika, who is helped by Amélie atm, has big goals on grass, but Gilles impressed me today. It will be a mental battle." Simon smiles, just happy to have been able to run during almost 2 hours: "My knee is fine, but for the rest... nothing is working anymore!" The next matches are a bonus: "Even though he isn't a better tennis player than me, Mika has always beaten me. It weighs a lot. Not everything is working in my game, but I'll try to win. It's interesting to see if I'm still up to the fight or not."

rtgy
06-17-2010, 10:10 AM
:dance: fantastic :D

absolutely cooltastic :dance: :D

:lol:

Tutu
06-17-2010, 01:33 PM
I can't wait. :worship: Go get him Gilles.

lalaland
06-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Oh dear! not pretty. 0-3 and broken twice.
C'mon Gilles.

lalaland
06-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Finally win a serve game, avoiding the bagel ;).

It's so good to see him on the court, even if my stream is blur and constantly buffering. :D

rtgy
06-17-2010, 05:13 PM
that wasn't out:mad::mad: 1-6:o

:sad::sad::sad:

lalaland
06-17-2010, 05:14 PM
even the calls' against him :sad:

Regroup Gilles, regroup.

lalaland
06-17-2010, 05:19 PM
The stat for set 1 is OMG ugly. no Ace/4 DFs 2 winners/11 errors. He can't do worse than that in set 2 ;), well, hopefully no.

MsTree
06-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Allez!!!

Hi everyone :)

lalaland
06-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi Les :wavey:

rtgy
06-17-2010, 05:25 PM
The stat for set 1 is OMG ugly. no Ace/4 DFs 2 winners/11 errors. He can't do worse than that in set 2 ;), well, hopefully no.

Allez!!!

Hi everyone :)

Les:smooch:

rtgy
06-17-2010, 05:31 PM
2-3 :rolleyes:

lalaland
06-17-2010, 05:36 PM
3-4, still on serve in the 2nd. He's serving better this set. I hope he can hold until the TB, then maybe he'll get lucky there.

MsTree
06-17-2010, 05:40 PM
:hug: guys :)

So did he just need a set to get warmed up? :lol:

misty1
06-17-2010, 05:42 PM
damn break point llodra

saved

lalaland
06-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Uh oh. broken. :sad:

rtgy
06-17-2010, 05:44 PM
broken 3-5 :bigcry::bigcry:

MsTree
06-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Gilles doesn't look as if he has another set in him anyway. Oh well Gillou :hug: well done for making it to the quarters :)

lalaland
06-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Damn, my stream gone, trying to save me from seeing the sad ending...

lalaland
06-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Dammit, I wanna see the handshake :(

lalaland
06-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh well, Gilles' not so amazing today, even Tulasne will agree :p. But he did well this week :hug:, 2 tough matches in a roll after coming back from 2.5 months off.

Good Luck at Wimbledon, Gillou.

Tutu
06-17-2010, 06:10 PM
:bigcry: I know it was expected but that was so sad to watch. His serve has gone to pieces and he just looks clueless on the court whereas his brain on the court is usually one of his biggest strengths. I'm going to try and get down to Wimbledon on whatever day he is playing, because I just can't miss him this year and I don't know how long he'll last in the draw. Good luck at Wimbledon, Gilles.

turtle-rn
06-17-2010, 06:29 PM
*Tulasne mode ON*
Four games against grass-GOAT Llodra!! http://forum.i3d.net/images/smilies/pompom.gif

*Tulasne mode OFF*
Less than one hour! http://forum.i3d.net/images/smilies/nopompom.gif

Mint Chip
06-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Gilles, take your prize money and get a new coach asap!

It seems like Llodra only gets in the mood to actually play great tennis against Gillou and French tournaments. Any other time Llodra loses to no names getting bageled. On to Wimbledon

Tutu
06-17-2010, 06:42 PM
What has Tulasne been saying?

Sombrerero loco
06-17-2010, 06:50 PM
ok, lets have a rest for wimbly
anyway, he did more what i expected here :))
allez poussin!!

MsTree
06-17-2010, 06:50 PM
*Tulasne mode ON*
Four games against grass-GOAT Llodra!! http://forum.i3d.net/images/smilies/pompom.gif
:lol: Good impression :D

*Tulasne mode OFF*
Less than one hour! http://forum.i3d.net/images/smilies/nopompom.gif

Nothing about the hair? :devil:

lalaland
06-17-2010, 06:54 PM
It seems like Llodra only gets in the mood to actually play great tennis against Gillou and French tournaments. Any other time Llodra loses to no names getting bageled.

I know, eh. It's infuriating :mad:. But then, he seems to be in a great form lately though, so Gilles has no chance when he himself is not that in shape. But anyhow, I like Mika so I hope he plays well in Wimby (as long as he's not in Gilles' path ;)).

I'm the only cheerleader for Tulasne here :angel:. He's so smitten by Gilles he just can't help it :o, cut him some slack :).

MsTree
06-17-2010, 07:01 PM
While not exactly a cheerleader I think it's completely sweet that he loves Gillou so much :inlove:
But I have to say that being in love with your protege is maybe not the best quality for a coach :lol:

lalaland
06-17-2010, 07:06 PM
But I have to say that being in love with your protege is maybe not the best quality for a coach :lol:

:lol: maybe not.

turtle-rn
06-17-2010, 08:39 PM
What has Tulasne been saying?
As always, he was soft-soaping Gilles' peformance. Actually, for the last year and a half, the only time I remember him saying something remotely negative about Gilles' performance was about his win against Ljubo at Bercy, when he was slicing and dropshotting out of his mind. Tulasne didn't like the "bluff show" he put up. :o :lol:

turtle-rn
06-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Nothing about the hair? :devil:
I won't add insult to injury. :angel:

turtle-rn
06-17-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm the only cheerleader for Tulasne here :angel:. He's so smitten by Gilles he just can't help it :o, cut him some slack :).
Ok, I won't be talking about his hair. http://i46.tinypic.com/2j1agpj.gif

lalaland
06-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Ok, I won't be talking about his hair. http://i46.tinypic.com/2j1agpj.gif

You can't talk about his hair, he has none :p.

turtle-rn
06-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Thank you for expressing that compliment in my stead! :lol:

lalaland
06-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Thank you for expressing that compliment in my stead! :lol:

Any time, my friend, any time! :D

Truc
06-18-2010, 09:08 AM
His reaction in L'Equipe today:
Gilles Simon, sans être « furieux » , avait l'air très déçu : « Dès qu'il y a des coups où il faut être précis, des passings pas spécialement durs, des amorties où j'étais dessus cent, je paniquais un peu. » Il a le diagnostic sévère : « La clé, c'est le jeu vers l'avant. En trois matches, je n'ai pas fait un seul point gagnant ! J'ai tenu ma ligne. Mais l'attaque qui part bien, oser venir poser une volée, même facile, j'en ai été incapable. Je mesure ce qu'il me reste à faire en quatre jours d'ici Wimbledon ! La moindre attaque me fait peur ! »
He was not "furious", but looked very disappointed: "Each time I need to be more accurate, each time I had to hit a passing-shot which was not particularly difficult, or to find the answer to a dropshot I had reached with ease, I got a bit panicky." He is quite harsh with himself: "The key is the forward game. I haven't hit one single winner in 3 matches! I held my own from the baseline. But I was unable to play an effective attacking shot, I didn't dare to play a volley, even easy ones. I realize all the things I'll have to improve in 4 days until Wimbledon! The slightest attacking shot scares me!"

It was pretty terrible indeed to see him always play a completely harmless groundstroke when it looked like the court was wide open, there was no punch at all in his shots then, not one of those "coups de fusil" ("rifle shots") he likes so much.

turtle-rn
06-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Wimbly MD, Gilles' quarter:

Verdasco - Fognini
Russell - Riba
A Beck - Baker
Vliegen - Benneteau

Almagro - Seppi
Kamke - Garcia-Lopez
Chuidinelli - Dolgopolov
Kendrick - Tsonga

Ferrero - Malisse
Reister - De Voest
Hernandez - Dodig
Stakhovsky - Querrey

Simon - Alcaide
Marchenko - Berrer
Nieminen - Koubek
Hajek - Murray

The bit I like in the rest of the draw :
Potential R2 Llodra - Roddick :bigwave:

aloniv
06-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Hopefully Simon will make the 3rd round and will at least put up a fight against Murray.

misty1
06-18-2010, 01:27 PM
isnt berrer a grass court specialist?

well i hope he gets to the 3rd round

MsTree
06-18-2010, 04:20 PM
shit :tape:
Oh well I guess they both might struggle to reach R3 and if they make it then at least one of my boys gets through to R4. Allez Gilles!

lalaland
06-18-2010, 04:49 PM
His reaction in L'Equipe today:

He was not "furious", but looked very disappointed: "Each time I need to be more accurate, each time I had to hit a passing-shot which was not particularly difficult, or to find the answer to a dropshot I had reached with ease, I got a bit panicky." He is quite harsh with himself: "The key is the forward game. I haven't hit one single winner in 3 matches! I held my own from the baseline. But I was unable to play an effective attacking shot, I didn't dare to play a volley, even easy ones. I realize all the things I'll have to improve in 4 days until Wimbledon! The slightest attacking shot scares me!"

Thanks Fran. Poor Gilles, he just have to be patient.

Well, I was hoping he'll draw Kolya in the 3rd round :p, oh well. Considering the stage of his game right now, TBH, if he gets to the 3rd round, I'm happy. And 3rd round playing Murray will guarantee a Center Court appearance ;).

MsTree
06-18-2010, 05:07 PM
I've kind of got over the shock enough to realise that (apart from about 3 months ago) there will probably never be a better time to play Andy. They were in the same quarter last year too, and the year before! Grrrr :o

lalaland
06-18-2010, 05:17 PM
If he can't serve well, there's no chance for him to put up a fight against Andy :(.

Does Wimby has a tradition for the defending champion to play the first match or sth like that? I hope the bottom half play on the 2nd day, then he gets another day to find his game ;).

MsTree
06-18-2010, 05:20 PM
I think they ask the defending champion to open the show and I imagine Fed's already had the gold embroidery done for his manbag :devil:

Tutu
06-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Yes, Gilles will be playing on the Tuesday. And hopefully you will here a person shouting "ALLEZ GILLES!" at the top of his lungs, because that would be me.

Good luck Gilles. :worship:

lalaland
06-18-2010, 05:29 PM
I imagine Fed's already had the gold embroidery done for his manbag :devil:
:tape:, wonder what he's gonna wear to embarrass himself this time :p.

Yes, Gilles will be playing on the Tuesday. And hopefully you will here a person shouting "ALLEZ GILLES!" at the top of his lungs, because that would be me.

That's great. Have fun and bring him some good luck!
I'm not sure if we get to see him at all until the 3rd round. He barely got a TV court last year when he was 8th seed :rolleyes:.

MsTree
06-18-2010, 05:46 PM
And this year it's world cuptastic on BBC interactive so god knows how many streams they'll devote to Wimby :(

lalaland
06-18-2010, 06:10 PM
ESPN3 listed that it will stream from Center ct, 1, 2, 5, 12,14,16,17,18. :eek: I didn't realize they have so many TV courts. Bless them.

Tutu
06-18-2010, 06:15 PM
:haha:

Well at the French, for the first time ever there were streams for all courts so hopefully it will be the same at Wimbledon.

Sombrerero loco
06-18-2010, 06:57 PM
alcaide is a player from my city, madrid.i know him well...he´s a claycourt player.gillou won´t have much problem with him I hope

Cloudygirl
06-18-2010, 07:35 PM

Good luck Gilles. :worship:

and me.

lalaland
06-18-2010, 07:45 PM
I never heard of Alcaide. He won 3 grass matches at qualifying, beat Donald Young in the first round (although I also have no idea if Young's any good on grass). But anyhow, I'm not worrying too much about the first match, but at the same time I don't want to take things for granted (cos I'm afraid of jinxing him :o).

Can't wait for Wimby to start, only 2.5 days away. :banana:

Naina
06-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Good Luck in Wimby Gillou :yeah: Never heard of his R1 opponent but qualifiers are always dangerous so please don't take it for granted :scared:

aloniv
06-20-2010, 09:25 PM
If we are discussing Wimbledon may I ask what happened to Gilles last year? He played so well at the beginning of his match with Ferrero (was leading 5-2 in the first set) and had lots of winners, but then for some reason he faded away. Let's hope it doesn't happen this year.

MsTree
06-20-2010, 09:42 PM
He was suffering from the same knee injury that kept him out for most of this season. Last season he was trying to play through the pain rather than stop and let it get better.

aloniv
06-21-2010, 05:30 AM
He was suffering from the same knee injury that kept him out for most of this season. Last season he was trying to play through the pain rather than stop and let it get better.

Thanks. Hopefully his knee won't give him any more grief this season. I think he really payed the price for finishing his match with Ljubicic in Paris last year.

Tutu
06-21-2010, 03:09 PM
and me.
:worship:

MsTree
06-21-2010, 05:19 PM
He's first up on Court 6. Allez Gilles!

Hope there's a stream for it :tape:

lalaland
06-21-2010, 05:30 PM
ESPN3 doesn't stream court 6 :mad:, I knew it. Oh well, hopefully there's a stream somewhere else.

Wacky first day :o. Hopefully Gilles will sail smoothly tomorrow. Allez.

MsTree
06-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Don't think the BBC have streamed any from Court 6 either :(

Sombrerero loco
06-21-2010, 06:31 PM
no problem, a soft win for gillou I hope...

Cloudygirl
06-21-2010, 06:33 PM
I think court 6 is one of the tiny ones but I'll be rooting for him.

Sombrerero loco
06-21-2010, 07:28 PM
something tiny
woooo
something tiny wooo-woooooo!

lalaland
06-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Just have time to look thru the OOP tomorrow. Still bumped that he didn't get a TV court :mad:, they should have put him on ct 16, I'm sure he gets more fans than Soeda & Fischer combined :rolleyes:.

Tutu and Tori, please cheer for Gilles as loud as you can for us :worship::worship:.

MsTree
06-21-2010, 09:50 PM
There's some odd scheduling tomorrow, Andy M on Court 1!!! Soderling on Centre!!! Hmmmm :tape:

lalaland
06-21-2010, 11:10 PM
The matches on Center Court today didn't go too smoothly for the favorites :o, they just wanna make sure Andy plays at a favorable court tomorrow ;).

misty1
06-22-2010, 12:10 AM
I dont think it matters what court the favorites play on since alot of them had to fight tooth and nail today ex: davydenko, federer and djokovic

and some of them couldnt pull it out ex: wawrinka, cilic and robredo

If this trend continues tommorrow i might not like the result for gillou, i just hope he would be one of the seeds to tought it out

Truc
06-22-2010, 06:42 AM
He says in L'Equipe he doesn't know Alcaide, but it's not that much of a problem in best of 5 matches, he has more time to analyze the game of the opponent. He's more focused on himself atm anyway, he says he's still a bit worried because of his knee and also because his body is aching all over.

MsTree
06-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Still haven't found a stream :(

Gillou has an early break, that'll be good for his confidence (:tape:) Allez!

Good he's resisting attempts to jinx him. 3-0 :)

33 mins 1st set 6-3. no DFs, 9 winners to 4 UEs, 44% 1st serve. Gillou's on fire :devil:

2 love service holds for Alcaide but Gillou seems to be struggling more on serve :eek:

Commentator's curse. Gillou holds to love then breaks him :lol: 3-2. Allez!!!

turtle-rn
06-22-2010, 12:07 PM
No stream here either but on ES live commentary thingy, they say he's not playing that well, Alcaide's UEs have made most of the job so far. But then again, it's ES (they already got the score wrong in the second set, Alcaide went from 3-2* to *2-2 then 2-3*! haha).

misty1
06-22-2010, 12:07 PM
gilles rolling along, took the first set 6-3

got the break in the second set up 4-2 and has a break chance for 5-2

serve at 48%, 3 aces, only 1 double fault, 21 winners and only 6 unforced errors

MsTree
06-22-2010, 12:20 PM
He saved a BP there on his way to taking the set 6-4. Allez Gilles! :D

misty1
06-22-2010, 12:20 PM
gillou serving for the second set

30-0

30-30

30-40

deuce

serves it out:)

6-3, 6-4

lalaland
06-22-2010, 12:24 PM
I hope he keeps concentrate and finish the match quickly, I got enough drama I can handle from yesterday...

ALLEZ GILLES!

MsTree
06-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Back on serve in the 3rd :(

lalaland
06-22-2010, 12:52 PM
only 7 UEs for the first 2 sets, already 12 UEs in the 3rd.

C'mon Gilles, break here and finish it please.

MsTree
06-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Tiebreak time :eek:

Woohoo! The TB bagel :D

Nicely done Gillou, TV court on Thursday hopefully! :D

turtle-rn
06-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Yes! well done Gillou! :D

lalaland
06-22-2010, 01:03 PM
GSM. Next match against Marchenko. Allez.

turtle-rn
06-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Anyone watching Serena vs Banshee de Brito? it's deafeningly hilarious.

aloniv
06-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Is this Gilles' first 7-0 tiebreak?

lalaland
06-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Anyone watching Serena vs Banshee de Brito? it's deafeningly hilarious.

No.
WTA stuffs, always hilarious :p.

Is this Gilles first 7-0 tiebreak?
Don't know. First for this year for sure ;).

turtle-rn
06-22-2010, 01:16 PM
No.
WTA stuffs, always hilarious :p.
Hater. :(

lalaland
06-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Hater. :(

and some of them wear such ugly dress that it's no laughing matter... Petrova :tape:

misty1
06-22-2010, 01:24 PM
really happy gillou finished this in 3

after what happened a couple times yesterday i wasnt to comfortable having to leave even with the 2 set lead he had

turtle-rn
06-22-2010, 01:31 PM
and some of them wear such ugly dress that it's no laughing matter... Petrova :tape:
Emphatic effort on her part to look delicately feminine. :shrug: I admit it's an epic fail though. :sad:

Puschkin
06-22-2010, 01:32 PM
:woohoo: well done!

rtgy
06-22-2010, 01:44 PM
WOW...............ALLEZ!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

:music:

GILLOU :hatoff: :yippee::yippee::yippee:

Truc
06-22-2010, 03:09 PM
His audio interview:
http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon/2010/default.asp?ID=6287

He says he's improving every day. He works a lot in training and he's pleased because he was able to put into practice what he does in training today.
The serve and the returns worked well, the game from the baseline is still far from what he's able to do, but at least he got a lot of free points with his serve and he returned well, much better than he did lately. It's nice because Alcaide was serving very hard.
He isn't feeling much pressure, he just tries to do his best. He's been playing again for 5 weeks only, it's obviously too early to be back at his best, but he's really trying to give his very best every day in training and to improve day by day, he keeps saying that.
He's not worried about the future, he hasn't lost his tennis, he just needs to recover his condition and his movement, the rest will come back naturally. The main risk would be to be too impatient, but he's aware of it.

turtle-rn
06-22-2010, 03:31 PM
According to ES, Alcaide has never ever won a single ATP tour level match! I'm glad he didn't start with Gilles but this puts today's result in a clearer perspective. :unsure:

Truc
06-22-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't think he had ever played a match at ATP level before (by the age of 24). It was the first time he made it through the qualies.

lalaland
06-22-2010, 05:55 PM
According to ES, Alcaide has never ever won a single ATP tour level match! I'm glad he didn't start with Gilles but this puts today's result in a clearer perspective. :unsure:

Be nice! :angel:

I'll be honest, am thankful for his first round draw, probably the best he can ask for to help build some confidence ;). But he probably pay for it for getting Murray in R3 :mad:.

The main risk would be to be too impatient, but he's aware of it.
:yeah:

Thanks Fran for the report.

Sombrerero loco
06-22-2010, 07:01 PM
marchenko....gillou will win :wavey:

Tutu
06-22-2010, 10:30 PM
His audio interview:
http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon/2010/default.asp?ID=6287

He says he's improving every day. He works a lot in training and he's pleased because he was able to put into practice what he does in training today.
The serve and the returns worked well, the game from the baseline is still far from what he's able to do, but at least he got a lot of free points with his serve and he returned well, much better than he did lately. It's nice because Alcaide was serving very hard.
He isn't feeling much pressure, he just tries to do his best. He's been playing again for 5 weeks only, it's obviously too early to be back at his best, but he's really trying to give his very best every day in training and to improve day by day, he keeps saying that.
He's not worried about the future, he hasn't lost his tennis, he just needs to recover his condition and his movement, the rest will come back naturally. The main risk would be to be too impatient, but he's aware of it.
That's pretty much all that happened. He was being much more aggressive than at Eastbourne though, and looking to come into the net. Hopefully he will continue to improve, he seems to be finding his way. I have loads of pics even if I felt weird taking them. :p

lalaland
06-22-2010, 11:28 PM
That's pretty much all that happened. He was being much more aggressive than at Eastbourne though, and looking to come into the net.

Thanks so much for the report. Good to hear that he tries other things when the baseline game's not working :yeah:. I love how he always find the right moment to sneak in to the net.

I have loads of pics even if I felt weird taking them. :p
Would it be less weird if you are just taking pics for us to see ;). So looking forward to see them. Thanks in advance for sharing.

sammy01
06-23-2010, 12:39 AM
hey on the comeback trail any win is a good win, especially 1st round of a slam. hope he can make rd 3!

rtgy
06-23-2010, 02:15 PM
hey on the comeback trail any win is a good win, especially 1st round of a slam. hope he can make rd 3!

so true! :yeah:

lalaland
06-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Gilles' R2 match tomorrow, Court 12, noon.

I think he will need to turn it up a notch against Marchenko. Allez Gillou.

MsTree
06-23-2010, 06:31 PM
I think that might even be a televised court :fingerscrossed:

lalaland
06-23-2010, 06:43 PM
It is on ESPN3 :D. So I'm sure there'll be stream available on LiveScoreHunter if your BBC stream doesn't show.

Naina
06-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Good Luck Gillou :bounce:

MsTree
06-23-2010, 07:31 PM
It is on ESPN3 :D. So I'm sure there'll be stream available on LiveScoreHunter if your BBC stream doesn't show.

Are you able to record it just in case?

Just spotted Tutu in the crowd at Mahut v Isner :) Didn't notice if Gillou was there though!

Tutu
06-23-2010, 07:43 PM
I wasn't in the crowd! :p

lalaland
06-23-2010, 07:43 PM
I tried to record espn3 stream before but was never successful. But I'll most certainly try it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Too bad Tennis Channel is not streaming any, the only time I managed to capture a stream before was from Tennis Channel.

MsTree
06-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks Lala :) Just in case the bbc let me down, there will probably be a whole stream dedicated to Queen watching :o

lalaland
06-23-2010, 07:59 PM

Queen watching, maybe more exciting than watching Mahut/Isner and their neverending match:p. Okay, it's not that I don't appreciate their superb serving ability and unbelievable stamina, but I'm getting bored watching that match after like 6 hrs :o. And Nico is still diving (please don't hurt yourself after playing 58X2 games non-stop :mad:).

lalaland
06-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Just spotted Tutu in the crowd at Mahut v Isner :) Didn't notice if Gillou was there though!

lol. I thought you meant Tutu here. Now I know, cos I also saw Tutu and Gilles' trainer (not Paul, the other guy) watching. Didn't have enough time to look down that bench to see if Gilles' there too.

MsTree
06-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Woohoo the BBC have a stream!!!!! :D

Cancel that, they lied! Zheng v Kitova has replaced them :(

rtgy
06-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Woohoo the BBC have a stream!!!!! :D

:hug: I'm using bet365;)

Truc
06-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Cancel that, they lied! Zheng v Kitova has replaced them :(Marchenko pulled out.

MsTree
06-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Gilles got a walkover????????

The BBC site says Marchenko defaulted. I'd just sent them a text of complaint too :lol:

Oh well Allez Gilles! :D

lalaland
06-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Wow, that was easy. R3
Damn, I wanna see him play.

rtgy
06-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Marchenko pulled out.

Gilles got a walkover????????

poor chap:o

12:10: First result of the day! Gilles Simon, who has been wracked with injuries since this time last year when he lost to Juan Carlos Ferrero and looked thoroughly miserable out on court and had not won a tour match all year until Monday, is through to the third round as his opponent Illya Marchenko has withdrawn! More news on that when we have it.

ALLEZ!!! :D

MsTree
06-24-2010, 11:30 AM
He needs the matches :( I need to see him play the matches :(:(:(

Oh well, he'll almost certainly get airtime on Saturday :lol:

lalaland
06-24-2010, 11:34 AM
He certainly needs the matches :(. Oh well, what can u do. He can go volunteer to play the R2 match for the winner of Isner/Mahut :p.

Has he play on Center Court before at Wimby?

Sombrerero loco
06-24-2010, 11:52 AM
yeaaah third round here we go :hearts:

misty1
06-24-2010, 12:02 PM
on one hand, good because now he made round 3..on the other hand he needs to play matches and im not sure how this will work out against murray

aloniv
06-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Unfortunately, Murray will probably cream him. But at least he won't drop down the rankings too much.

MsTree
06-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Good old BBC

Wimbledon 2010: Simon handed walkover into third round

Wimbledon Championships
Venue: All England Club, London Date: 21 June - 4 July
Coverage: Live on BBC One and Two, HD, Red Button, BBC Sport website (UK only), Radio 5 live, 5 live sports extra; live text commentary online and on mobile phones; watch again on BBC iPlayer Full details of BBC coverage
Gilles Simon
Simon reached the fourth round at Wimbledon last year

Gilles Simon of France went through to the third round at Wimbledon - and a meeting with Andy Murray - without hitting a ball.

The 26th seed was handed a walkover after his opponent, Illya Marchenko, pulled out of the match with an injury.

The Ukrainian, who won his first round match after Michael Berrer retired, is believed to have a shoulder problem.

Simon, 25, is a former world number six, has lost three of his previous four matches against Murray.

The pair have never met on grass.

Topped off with a picture of Llodra :lol:

misty1
06-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately, Murray will probably cream him. But at least he won't drop down the rankings too much.

im not even planning on tracking the match by live scoring..i dont need to see that

MsTree
06-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Andy was on fire today, back to AO form. I hope Gillou puts in a decent performance, if nothing else!

Frankie
06-24-2010, 03:03 PM
They just interviewed Gillou on the BBC! :) - did anyone see it? Didn't say anything particularly interesting, just that he lost to Andy twice in 2008 when he was playing his best tennis, but now he's putting no pressure on himself, just concentrating on his own form, and the crowd will be against him, so nothing to lose etc... Seemed to be looking forward to it! :p He looked nice and relaxed - lots of smiles and laughter! :inlove: (BTW Gillou, not everyone in the UK will be cheering against you...!) ;)

Sadly I didn't get chance to record it (it was very short!) :sad:

MsTree
06-24-2010, 03:08 PM
!!!!! I'm watching Mahut v Isner so I missed it :( Blast!

Was it on BBC 2 Frankie?

Frankie
06-24-2010, 03:29 PM
It was on whatever channel Murray's match ended on (I think BBC 1?) :confused: Basically, after Murray's match ended they had that stuff with the Queen on the balcony and then it was after that - so about 10 mins after the end of Murray's match on the same channel. Hopefully they'll repeat it tonight, or on Sat before the match! ;)

MsTree
06-24-2010, 03:33 PM
I'll keep a look out for it, cheers Frankie! I think Murray's match ended up being on both channels (I was recording it from Interactive) but I'll get my pal to check her BBC2 recording when she gets home. :)

Tutu
06-24-2010, 03:57 PM
They just interviewed Gillou on the BBC! :) - did anyone see it? Didn't say anything particularly interesting, just that he lost to Andy twice in 2008 when he was playing his best tennis, but now he's putting no pressure on himself, just concentrating on his own form, and the crowd will be against him, so nothing to lose etc... Seemed to be looking forward to it! :p He looked nice and relaxed - lots of smiles and laughter! :inlove: (BTW Gillou, not everyone in the UK will be cheering against you...!) ;)

Sadly I didn't get chance to record it (it was very short!) :sad:
Yup.

I actually believe in him. I think he has a chance. Go Gilles!

Tutu
06-24-2010, 04:33 PM
This is where my luck will really be tested. I'm really going to try to see if I can get a ticket for this match. I neeeed one. :sobbing:

MsTree
06-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Camping out overnight then Tutu? Good luck in your quest for a ticket!

lalaland
06-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Good luck Tutu, I hope you get a ticket to cheer on Gilles.

Unfortunately, Murray will probably cream him.

Can't say that hasn't cross my mind :o.

But without actually getting to see what form he's in, I'll try to think positively. He is in his favorite "severe-underdog" position, maybe he'll pull sth special out of the hat ;). I just hope the match will be an entertaining affair.

Well, so far this Wimby has been a bit unpredictable, who would have thought Fed would be challenged in the first week, Nadal is down 2 sets to 1 atm, Nole almost got upset in R1 (but that's not a surprise these days). And Andy is in terrific form (that wasn't expected either :p). Anyway, anything can happen :D

lalaland
06-24-2010, 07:01 PM
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/wimbledon/article-23848965-gilles-simon-unflustered-by-andy-murray-showdown.do

Born in Nice, Simon could be a tricky obstacle to Murray's progress. In 2008 he claimed the illustrious scalps of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic. He also plays the piano.

:lol: as if playing piano has anything to do with his tennis :p

MsTree
06-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Gillou v Andy 3rd match on Centre :)
Allez Gilles! :D

misty1
06-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Good luck Tutu, I hope you get a ticket to cheer on Gilles.

Can't say that hasn't cross my mind :o.

But without actually getting to see what form he's in, I'll try to think positively. He is in his favorite "severe-underdog" position, maybe he'll pull sth special out of the hat ;). I just hope the match will be an entertaining affair.

Well, so far this Wimby has been a bit unpredictable, who would have thought Fed would be challenged in the first week, Nadal is down 2 sets to 1 atm, Nole almost got upset in R1 (but that's not a surprise these days). And Andy is in terrific form (that wasn't expected either :p). Anyway, anything can happen :D

thats true:)

of all the top seeds soderling, roddick and murray are the only ones not to be given a scare yet maybe gillou can provide that test and possibly get the win

Cloudygirl
06-25-2010, 05:58 PM

Who will you be rooting for?

MsTree
06-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Gilles :angel:
There's no one I love more than Gillou :inlove: :D

What about you? worked it out yet? Or are you just going to see what happens?

But the winner of this match, whjoever it is, better win the whole flipping thing!!!

Sombrerero loco
06-25-2010, 08:23 PM
gl for tomorrow gillou!

aloniv
06-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Is this the first time Gilles is playing on centre court at Wimbledon?

lalaland
06-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Reading some of the Brits' pre-match write-up atm, some are just hilarious.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wimbledon/7854746/Wimbledon-2010-Andy-Murray-ready-to-devour-the-Little-Chicken-Gilles-Simon.html

who the hell they put on this pic as Gilles Simon :lol:

And Simon Reed : Andy Murray has the easiest possible third round match. :rolleyes:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/3943/

Good Luck Gilles, you show them.

turtle-rn
06-25-2010, 09:40 PM
That's Kuznetsov. They're just as bad as French ES that once mistook one of the Bondarenko sister for Sharapova! :o

MsTree
06-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Is this the first time Gilles is playing on centre court at Wimbledon?

Not sure - maybe? He went out to Gasquet on Court 1 in 2008 and I'm pretty sure his match with Ferrero last year was on a smaller court. Maybe someone who's been around for longer can confirm if Gillou is a Centre Court virgin? :devil:

Andy's being nice about Gillou :)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8759984.stm

My focus is now on Gilles Simon in the third round and he's a really good player. He was in the top 10 for quite a while and has had a knee problem this year, but he's beaten Federer and Nadal and had a lot of tough matches with Djokovic. He's a really tough guy to beat.

MsTree
06-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Wow Hanescu defaulted his match after abuse from some of the crowd and being caught on TV spitting at them :eek: 4 spectators have been arrested!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8764203.stm

rtgy
06-25-2010, 11:27 PM

ALLEZ!!! :rocker:

Gilles :angel:
There's no one I love more than Gillou :inlove: :D

you're THE BEST!!!:angel:

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

rtgy
06-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Wow Hanescu defaulted his match after abuse from some of the crowd and being caught on TV spitting at them :eek: 4 spectators have been arrested!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8764203.stm

holy mo :eek:

MsTree
06-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Looks like they'll be playing with the roof shut. I don't think Andy likes playing under the roof.

rtgy
06-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Looks like they'll be playing with the roof shut. I don't think Andy likes playing under the roof.

we'll see:p

RAFA:rocker:

Gillou time:D:angel:

ALLEZ!!!:rocker2:

lalaland
06-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Isn't Andy a good indoor player?
Well, anyway, it'll be nice if that gives Gilles a little bit of help.

Thanks NBC to pre-empt all other channels including the livestream on ESPN3 :mad: to not showing center court, even though they aren't even showing Andy's match anyway :rolleyes:. Hopefully, the livestream on LiveScoreHunter is watchable.

Cloudygirl
06-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Meh I hope he is ok and gives a decent match.

Sue stop drooling over Roger it's fucking embarrassing. "Roger are you sleeping well would you like to sleep with me "

MsTree
06-26-2010, 05:54 PM
She must've got a knockback from Roddick :lol:

MsTree
06-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Gilles was excited just walking out on court :lol:

Cloudygirl
06-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Gilles :hearts::hearts::o

MsTree
06-26-2010, 06:02 PM
So who are you cheering for Tori? :devil: Have you decided yet? :)

Cloudygirl
06-26-2010, 06:03 PM
well which thread am I posting in right now.

I'm going to feel bad ether way.