Roger vs. Tim Who will win?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roger vs. Tim Who will win??

Fedex
09-10-2004, 04:30 AM
So we have the highly anticipated SF showdown with Federer and Henman. Who will prevail in this one.
Things to keep in mind before making choice:
1. Henman leads Federer 6-2 in career matches
2. While Henman is undefeated against Federer on indoors and grass, Federer has never lost to Henman on an outdoor hardcourt.
3. While Federer crunched Henman in IW, the USO court will be playing much faster, therefore making it easier for Tim to go after Roger's backhand and make his net play more effective
4. Henman is 0-5 in semifinals of GS while Federer is 3-0

Tennis Fool
09-10-2004, 04:35 AM
Henman is the Mauresmo of the ATP tour.

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 04:41 AM
I see Federer taking this title, free and clear.

Fergie
09-10-2004, 04:41 AM
Yeah :haha:

I think that Rogi will win in 3 or 4 sets :yeah:

Go Rogi, you're the best :bigclap:

Shy
09-10-2004, 04:42 AM
It is too soon to give the trophy to Roger.A lots of thing can happen.

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 04:43 AM
Nothing short of a severe injury on Roger's part will keep him from his third GS of the year.

Corey Feldman
09-10-2004, 04:46 AM
1 vote for timmy so far...
wonder who did that :o :o :o

lucashg
09-10-2004, 04:47 AM

:rolls: :rolls:

Ehm, I guess Federer will win, but it will be a tough game for him.

|-Safin_Coria-|
09-10-2004, 05:06 AM
I want Henman to win.......but i see Federer winning....especially if Henman's back is a factor.....all i can do is hope <3*

Jorge
09-10-2004, 05:08 AM
Roger in 3 sets, maximum 4 :yeah:

MisterQ
09-10-2004, 05:14 AM
I see no reason for Federer to lose this.

But if Tim is really attacking and making few errors, it could throw Fed off. It's a big adjustment to go from Agassi to Henman, and if Tim can capitalize on that early, who knows?...

KoOlMaNsEaN
09-10-2004, 05:21 AM
There's no way Roger will lose this match and Tim making his first grand slam title.

WyveN
09-10-2004, 05:31 AM
A lot depends on the conditions, if its gastly like today then it really suits Henmans volley game.

Dirk
09-10-2004, 05:35 AM
How so Wvyern? I think bad conditions will throw them both off. Henman didn't have any wind with Hrbaty today shockingly. I hope the day is nice but who knows. Rogi doesn't need to fear Henman's groundies like he did with Andre so I think he will be more comfortable playing Henman if the conditions are bad. It should be a fun match and if Rogi loses then well at least he is consistent. :)

Clara Bow
09-10-2004, 05:38 AM

Yep- me too. I think that Henman will take him to 4 sets, but Feds will get this and then the title.

WyveN
09-10-2004, 05:49 AM
How so Wvyern?

I think its far easier to handle bad wind when your volleying plus the opponent cant exactly blast passing shots past you. Then again Henmans serve would really suffer under high winds.

Dirk
09-10-2004, 05:55 AM
Let's just hope for a nice day.

tennischick
09-10-2004, 05:56 AM
Roger with ease IMO. he won't even sweat. ;)

¿esquímaux?
09-10-2004, 06:13 AM
Allez Tiger Tim! :angel:

Fedex
09-10-2004, 06:48 AM
Federer in 4. Henman is going to have to go to net at every possible chance he gets. Henman cannot compete with Roger from the back, so thats the only way he will win. I think Roger should mix in more serve-volley and net play in this match, because of Henman's game. Besides what Tim has done is already a huge accomplishment, and I believe he becomes #3 in the rankings, provided Hewitt doesnt win the title(which he wont) :)

Mechlan
09-10-2004, 07:00 AM

Mmm, in some ways... but Mauresmo has more weapons than Tim (well, comparatively). For his stature, Tim has really had a pretty nice career. That said, both are going to be ranked higher than they've ever been after this tournament. :)

Still in a long match like this, Tim really has doesn't have much to hurt Federer with. If Roger is playing decently well, and keeps the same mental toughness he's shown in the latter rounds of slams up to this point, it should be a pretty clear win for Roger.

naiwen
09-10-2004, 09:41 AM
There's no way Roger will lose this match and Tim making his first grand slam title.

What if umpire Alves officiates at the final? :devil: :angel:
:devil: :devil:

Fedex
09-10-2004, 09:52 AM
She already has been fired. She will not officiate another match at this years Open. Didnt matter to me any way, as I wanted Serena to lose :p :devil:

Patrick
09-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Federer will win easily. :rolleyes:

Fedex
09-10-2004, 09:55 AM
At any rate this should be a fun match up. Easy on the eye, as they say it. We will be seeing slicing, dicing, chipping, volleys, passing shots, etc, every thing in this match up :D

Vladimir Poutine
Federer better get his arse into gear and it won't be that easy, if Federer's backhand can fire and he needs to move forward a bit more, but somehow I see Timmy having a glorious defeat.

Xavidbz
I hope Tim but I think and I vote Roger.

Fedex
09-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Federer will win easily. :rolleyes:
I would not be so sure of that. Tim's game has always given Roger problems in the past, and I expect this to be a close match. Henman wont just roll over and choke like Mauresmo does all the time. He wants this too, he will fight.

Dirk
09-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Federer's backhand will not have to endure Andre like groundies so it should be on. I suspect Rogi will be better at the net in this match too.

Lalitha
09-10-2004, 10:28 AM
I would not be so sure of that. Tim's game has always given Roger problems in the past, and I expect this to be a close match. Henman wont just roll over and choke like Mauresmo does all the time. He wants this too, he will fight.

H2H says so as well. :rolleyes:

Fedex
09-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Federer's backhand will not have to endure Andre like groundies so it should be on. I suspect Rogi will be better at the net in this match too.True, he wont have to endure the pace like Andre plays with, but he will have to deal with more variety off of Henman's backhand, the slice etc. That will be tough. And look out for Henman's forehand, when its on, its quite deadly

2Tough4Men
09-10-2004, 10:37 AM
I just hope that Tim can finally do it. It would be funny if he wins here just cuz it ain't Wimbledon. But come on, Timmy, do it up!

Dirk
09-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Rogi loves low balls so the slice won't bother him. Forehand to Forehand????? OH I hope Tim tries that. :) Tim has the game to bother Rogi but as long as Rogi keeps the cooling fan on and uses his endless arsenal Tim has no chance.

Ferrero Forever
09-10-2004, 10:53 AM
i think and really really hope federer wins, i can't stand henman

Fedex
09-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Rogi loves low balls so the slice won't bother him. Forehand to Forehand????? OH I hope Tim tries that. :) Tim has the game to bother Rogi but as long as Rogi keeps the cooling fan on and uses his endless arsnel Tim has no chance.
lol, I think Henman would prefer forehand to backhand. :lol:

Fedex
09-10-2004, 10:58 AM
I just hope that Tim can finally do it. It would be funny if he wins here just cuz it ain't Wimbledon. But come on, Timmy, do it up!
Its ok, Carnival Carnage, he has a shot

2Tough4Men
09-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Its ok, Carnival Carnage, he has a shot

2tough4men remembers him, but he is not him.

I actually think Federer will win. 3 Slams looks a lot better now.

Fedex
09-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Marc Rosset is Tall has told me otherwise

2Tough4Men
09-10-2004, 11:05 AM
Marc Rosset is Tall has told me otherwise

I have absolutely zero dealings with Marc Rosset is Tall, so I don't suppose he'd know either way.

Hagar
09-10-2004, 11:11 AM
I'm torn. This could be a unique chance for Tim to finally make it to a Slam final; Roger will have plenty of other chances.
BUT: the final I want to see is Lleyton against Roger because I'm pretty sure that will offer some dreamtennis. If it's Lleyton against Tim in the final, I fear that Lleyton's gonna pummel Tim once again. I want Lleyton to win the whole thing but after a tough fight.

2Tough4Men
09-10-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm torn. This could be a unique chance for Tim to finally make it to a Slam final; Roger will have plenty of other chances.
BUT: the final I want to see is Lleyton against Roger because I'm pretty sure that will offer some dreamtennis. If it's Lleyton against Tim in the final, I fear that Lleyton's gonna pummel Tim once again. I want Lleyton to win the whole thing but after a tough fight.

Lleyton probably will pummel Tim if they play ... but fed will pummel Lleyton if that comes off, so the final's a blowout either way.

Fedex
09-10-2004, 11:22 AM
Lleyton probably will pummel Tim if they play ... but fed will pummel Lleyton if that comes off, so the final's a blowout either way.
Yes, thats how i see it as well.
What would the result be if it were Tim vs. Johansson :p

2Tough4Men
09-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Yes, thats how i see it as well.
What would the result be if it were Tim vs. Johansson :p

Armaggeddon.

Daniel
09-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Roger :D

Billabong
09-10-2004, 12:21 PM
GO Rogi:yeah:!!!

TheBoiledEgg
09-10-2004, 12:22 PM
i hope they put this on 1st
then if disaster should occur........
then me want Hewitt to win other SF :help: :o

then again if Hewitt were to win his SF 1st
Tim would just shit himself at the thought of playing a final vs Hewitt and lose in 90 mins.

Crazy_Fool
09-10-2004, 12:30 PM
This run by Henman kinda reminds me of his RG run....a few tough 5 set matches, comes in now to face the favourite. Cannot see him winning, but i hope he at least puts up a good fight.

misyou25
09-10-2004, 04:44 PM
timmy

tangerine_dream
09-10-2004, 05:11 PM
This match-up is making me ill. http://forums.simcentral.net/images/smilies/throwupen.gif

budikovac
09-10-2004, 05:19 PM
I think Henman will play great until (if) he wins a set or two and gets ahead! then once he sees him self in the final he will crash just like against Coria in RG semifinal!

*Ljubica*
09-10-2004, 06:34 PM
I am so torn by this one, - part of me wants Roger to win because he is the best, but the other half wants Tim because he's from my part of the world and such a sweet guy. I think I'll just sit on the fence and say "let the best man win"!

Dux
09-10-2004, 07:10 PM
So no one will think Tim wins? :o

I got a feeling Tim will win, I'm even gonna bet on him :D

Gonzo Hates Me!
09-10-2004, 07:17 PM
lol, i think it would be very strange to see Tim actually advance past the semis , but, it would be a very good thing to see

however, i think and hope Roger will win

Corey Feldman
09-10-2004, 08:24 PM
if tim loses it'll be 6 grand slam SF defeats from 6 :help:
maybe it'll be lucky number 7 at wimbledon 05 :yeah:

Layla
09-10-2004, 09:00 PM
I would like to say Tim, but I'm gonna have to go with Roger this time. It's just that getting over the SF hurdle in the slams seems to be nigh impossible for him. Remember Tim, it's just another match. ;)

But I would love, love, love to see Tim win not just this match, but the final against Hewitt. That would be so spectacular, I'd have to pinch myself. A girl can dream, right? ;)

undomiele
09-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Its been a great year for Tim. I hope he wins though Federer will be super tough. Go Timmy! :yeah:

Corey Feldman
09-10-2004, 11:28 PM
Federer's SF record in 04 8-0 (then he's won every final as well) :help:

RogiFan88
09-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Nobody can frustrate Rogi like Tim, as he did at Paris03 but since then Rogi has beaten him in the I Wells final this year... depends on how Tim's back is altho I haven't heard anything about it lately... if Rogi has to rely on his net play, then Tim will prevail. Who's playing better? Of all the SFinalists, Rogi is playing the worst imo... but then I haven't seen a lot of Tim and he did play Hrbaty, who is NO AA...

Now that Rogi has made it this far, he might as well just win the whole thing... if not, just lose to Tim -- I don't want him losing a final.

As for Lleyt and Pim2... hmmm... can Lleyton beat him? depends on Pim2's serves... how amusing that there are NO Amers in any of the Finals so far... M/W singles and the M doubles...

Fergie
09-11-2004, 01:33 AM
Go Rogi, you can win this title :bigclap:

Iheartandy&roger
09-11-2004, 08:03 AM
I want my Rogi to win but with all these upsets who knows.......

Fedex
09-11-2004, 08:12 AM
I would like to say Tim, but I'm gonna have to go with Roger this time. It's just that getting over the SF hurdle in the slams seems to be nigh impossible for him. Remember Tim, it's just another match. ;)

But I would love, love, love to see Tim win not just this match, but the final against Hewitt. That would be so spectacular, I'd have to pinch myself. A girl can dream, right? ;)
You did not just say you want a Hewitt-Henman final did you?? :confused: If we're lucky we may see an hour of a ruthless beating. :tape: :o

Layla
09-11-2004, 01:24 PM
You did not just say you want a Hewitt-Henman final did you?? :confused: If we're lucky we may see an hour of a ruthless beating. :tape: :o

LOL, of course not. ;) I don't like to look that far ahead but IF Tim manages to beat Federer, I would much rather he meet Johansson than Hewitt. That goes without saying. BUT I would dearly love to see Henman beat Hewitt just once in his life and what better opportunity than his would-be first grand slam final. Like I said, just dreaming. Because the reality is just torture. ;)

Billabong
09-11-2004, 03:20 PM
GO ROGI:D!!! stop Tim:D!

WyveN
09-11-2004, 03:26 PM
LOL, of course not. ;) I don't like to look that far ahead but IF Tim manages to beat Federer, I would much rather he meet Johansson than Hewitt. That goes without saying. BUT I would dearly love to see Henman beat Hewitt just once in his life and what better opportunity than his would-be first grand slam final. Like I said, just dreaming. Because the reality is just torture. ;)

It would be a tennis miracle. Henman has won 2 out of 19 sets against Hewitt, probably more chance of Henman leading England to a football world cup victory then winning 3 out of 5 sets against Lleyton.

landoud
09-11-2004, 03:46 PM
i think federer will beat henmam ... but if we talk about the trophy i think the champion will be hewitt or pimpim

Layla
09-11-2004, 05:27 PM
It would be a tennis miracle. Henman has won 2 out of 19 sets against Hewitt, probably more chance of Henman leading England to a football world cup victory then winning 3 out of 5 sets against Lleyton.

:haha: Sure, that would work too. Go England! Impossible is nothing.

rassklovn
09-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Henman isn't known for winning big matches, and that should help Federer, but if I want to see a semi close final it would be better a Federer/Hewitt final.

Fedex
09-11-2004, 07:37 PM
:haha: :rolls: :o That's why Roger needs to win this, so badly.

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Well, so far, Roger is doing just that. Come on, Roger.

Layla
09-11-2004, 09:41 PM
So much for my dreams. *sigh*