aceacebaby
09-10-2004, 03:29 AM
PIM PIM :worship:

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 03:30 AM
Go PimPim....

lina_seta
09-10-2004, 03:30 AM
I KNOW IM SOO HAPPY I COULDNT EVEN WATCH TEH LAST POT PIMPIM DID IT WOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
hail pimpim!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG HE DID IT

Tennis Fool
09-10-2004, 03:32 AM
Duck flew off the court fast. I heard his agent was stomping his feet in disgust. Brad had his head in his hands.

Junex
09-10-2004, 03:33 AM
this means no more American in the Final four!

good job Pim-pim and now it should be a challenge enough for you to fight your GF's brother in the SF!

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 03:33 AM
Bye, Andy, maybe next year....or not.....

¿esquímaux?
09-10-2004, 03:34 AM
:yippee: !!!Pim Pim U Da Man!!! :yippee:

I put vCash on him too :angel:

Fergie
09-10-2004, 03:34 AM
Thanks Pim Pim :worship:

Goenitz_196
09-10-2004, 03:35 AM
4-5 at 0-40, to 30-40. Not this time Andy, not this time...

Ten_Isse_Fan
09-10-2004, 03:35 AM
Congrats Joachim :)

¿esquímaux?
09-10-2004, 03:40 AM
Pimmy got me $335 vCash :D

lucashg
09-10-2004, 03:42 AM
LOL! That was so weird. Roddick was forcing Johansson's service during almost the entire match and had no problems on his with the exception of the three games that cost him the entire game. I'm happy he lost, but it was unfair. He was way better than Johansson that couldn't hold a serve of his and had some godamn luck today.

The match itself was so poor, I guess Johansson had hundreds of UEs, Roddick with a disgusting attitude, no ball on play. Egh! But at least people in the stadium were lucky with all the ball-souvenirs given to them by Joachim.

WF4EVER
09-10-2004, 03:42 AM
Henree predicted taht Roddick wouldn't past the Quarters. yo, Henree, can I get the numbers for the next Powerball draw?

Junex
09-10-2004, 03:43 AM
4-5 at 0-40, to 30-40. Not this time Andy, not this time...

Oh no hat trick this time like what happened against Nalby!

PS:

I like your sig! I miss Pete and i always thought he is the greatest and the coolest world #1!

I hear Borg is too but i never really knew him that much.
I hope Fed could sustain following Pete in being not a headcase inspite of his fame and fortune!

tennischick
09-10-2004, 03:44 AM
hey Duckboy! you forgot to preen for the cameras and give a gazillion autographs on your way out!!!! :devil:

Blaze
09-10-2004, 03:45 AM
I guess Wilander was right when he said that Pimpim will win and Mcenroe was looking at him as if he had two heads :haha: :haha:

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 03:47 AM
I guess Wilander was right when he said that Pimpim will win and Mcenroe was looking at him as if he had two heads :haha: :haha:

Well, Mac, want salt and pepper to go with the words you have to eat?

WyveN
09-10-2004, 03:48 AM
I think you can blame Gilbert for this one. I've never seen AR so defensive.
The game plan was to get everything back, play high percentage and hope JJ
chokes. Backfired. Johansson just to good.

EHendrick
09-10-2004, 03:50 AM
I just can't get over it. I was so sure Roddick would win, esp. after the 3rd and 4th sets! :speakles: I'm glad for the Swede, tho. :clap2: :aparty: :woohoo:

lizabeth..*
09-10-2004, 03:51 AM
Congratulations Pim Pim..:woohoo: :worship:

Time to get rid of hewitt now!! :banana:

Blaze
09-10-2004, 03:51 AM
At one point during the match I thought Brad was running short of hair and nails. :eek:

Seraphim
09-10-2004, 03:53 AM
HOLY SHIT!

tennischick
09-10-2004, 03:55 AM
yeah Brad was a mess. he started out clearly worried, then he became overconfident, and then he crumbled at the end. i almost felt sorry for him :devil:

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 03:56 AM
Well, TC, your tag line says it all.

Rosa Luxembourg
09-10-2004, 03:56 AM
:kiss: for Pimpim... thank you for beating "this is my house" :p :bounce:

WF4EVER
09-10-2004, 03:58 AM
In the first place Roddick underestimated Joachim. After winning the first two sets, tho, maybe he got nervous, realizing what he was on the verge of.

Roddick served 100% in the 3rd or 4th set, no? He didn't lose a single point on his serve? That's amazing. With that kind of confidence going into the final set I didn't expect him to choke.

To be honest I didn't watch much of the match because I couldn't stand the bombings, the New York crowd nor the commentators in the booth, so I timidly watched the scoreboard.

Very big win for Joachim, tho. Shocked the hell out of McEnroe, I'm sure. Oh, and poor Brad. "Back to the drawing board" Mac said. But really, what has the game come to with just big serves, big serves, big serves? And this isn't even grass!

I said a few days ago that I didn't think USA's studio announcer was doing Andy any favours always referring to him by his big serves when they announced his night matches as if that was all he could do. Was I wrong and were they right?

Chloe le Bopper
09-10-2004, 03:59 AM
hey Duckboy! you forgot to preen for the cameras and give a gazillion autographs on your way out!!!! :devil:
But... But... Roddick ALWAYS signs for his fans! ALWAYS! Bunk told me so! We must have missed that 1 second signing session inbetween blinks.

|-Safin_Coria-|
WHOO!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :banana:
YOU ROCK JOHANSSON!

14xSampras
Congratulations to Young Yokim Yo-Yo-Yohansson. A terrific performance. A star is born, I think. Andy is a humble loser tonight, and he'll be back.

Hewitt and Federer will be laughing on the other side of their faces that Roddick is gone. Quite frankly, I reckon Lleyts will eat Pim Pim for breakfast.

Forgive my ignorance, but could someone please tell me why they call Joachim 'Pim Pim'?

Rosa Luxembourg
09-10-2004, 04:02 AM
I've heard his younger brother couldn't pronounce his name, so he started calling him Pim Pim.

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 04:02 AM
In the first place Roddick underestimated Joachim. After winning the first two sets, tho, maybe he got nervous, realizing what he was on the verge of.

And it showed in his body language and choice of shots.

Roddick served 100% in the 3rd or 4th set, no? He didn't lose a single point on his serve? That's amazing. With that kind of confidence going into the final set I didn't expect him to choke.

And I didn't either. Which is why I was on the edge of my seat, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

To be honest I didn't watch much of the match because I couldn't stand the bombings, the New York crowd nor the commentators in the booth, so I timidly watched the scoreboard.

I played music.

Very big win for Joachim, tho. Shocked the hell out of McEnroe, I'm sure. Oh, and poor Brad. "Back to the drawing board" Mac said. But really, what has the game come to with just big serves, big serves, big serves? And this isn't even grass!

Agreed.

I said a few days ago that I didn't think USA's studio announcer was doing Andy any favours always referring to him by his big serves when they announced his night matches as if that was all he could do. Was I wrong and were they right?

Actually, you were right. 100% right.

Lee
09-10-2004, 04:03 AM
Poor Nick just changed his pick from Federer to Roddick this morning to win the USO this year. :devil:

RoddickBabe10
:kiss: for Pimpim... thank you for beating "this is my house" :p :bounce:

:rolleyes:

Joachim Johansson, awesome game plan. The match was very nail-biting. Of course, I was rooting for Andy but I knew he wasn't going to defend his title so I am not as disappointed as I should be of his loss. That UE at the end did it for Joachim and therefore, it is his fault he lost. Let us not forget how much of a fighter he really is though.

Good job for Joachim and a big congratulations! :yeah: Now, I will be cheering for Hewitt and Henman. I like Roger and Joachim as well so this Open will be a win-win situation for me :lol:. I, personally, would like Hewitt to win though :cool: hehe

(by the way, Joachim's coah and gf were so cute when he won! I'm sorry Brad and Andy, I still love you very much! :) )

Jorge
what can I say? I am just satisfied :) Johannson hits 30 aces and have served up to 141 mph. :eek:
He did to Andy what Andy does to the rest of the players (excepting Roger):devil:

as in the ol' saying: "The one who Kills with Iron...Dies by Iron" :p

sigmagirl91
Poor Nick just changed his pick from Federer to Roddick to win the USO this year. :devil:

What a dolt!!!! He lost more than his wallet on that pick, that's for damn sure.

14xSampras
09-10-2004, 04:08 AM
I've heard his younger brother couldn't pronounce his name, so he started calling him Pim Pim.

You're kidding? Is that really why he's called Pim Pim? Geez I thought it would be something a little more exciting than that.

I reckon it should be Tin Tin, cos he dead set looks like Tintin!!!

Clara Bow
09-10-2004, 04:08 AM
But... But... Roddick ALWAYS signs for his fans! ALWAYS! Bunk told me so! We must have missed that 1 second signing session inbetween blinks.

Well- I will give anyone who loses in a GS of the title that they are defending a pass for not signing autographs. Particularly in a 5 set match. It was a tough loss.

I thought it was funny though how Johnny Mac was surprised that Johannsson was not just a power player but had a variety of shot and shot making smarts. I thought a nice end of the evening shot at US would have been to have Mats- who was saying JJ could win last night- to be in the booth discussing the match a wee bit.

trixy
09-10-2004, 04:10 AM
:eek: I hoped that Joachim would win but he actually did....damn me having to go to school!

Now i have a really bad feeling that Hewitt is going to win though...... :o

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 04:11 AM

Next time, please don't listen to Bunk or any of the other DuckFucks, OK. They were WRONG.....WRONG, I tell you.... :o

Chloe le Bopper
09-10-2004, 04:13 AM
Well- I will give anyone who loses in a GS of the title that they are defending a pass for not signing autographs. Particularly in a 5 set match. It was a tough loss.

I thought it was funny though how Johnny Mac was surprised that Johannsson was not just a power player but had a variety of shot and shot making smarts. I thought a nice end of the evening shot at US would have been to have Mats- who was saying JJ could win last night- to be in the booth discussing the match a wee bit.
Erm, I was only cracking. I don't really give a flying crap if players sign ever. It was a dig at Bunk who just the other day, out and out LIED about Roddick and how he ALWAYS signs after close matches - even ones he loses. Walking off after a match like tonight is fine by me. But if twits are going to LIE about him, I think it's worth setting people straight :p

Chloe le Bopper
09-10-2004, 04:14 AM
Next time, please don't listen to Bunk or any of the other DuckFucks, OK. They were WRONG.....WRONG, I tell you.... :o
I know that she and a few of the others are completely fully of crap. I just like to rub it in sometimes.

tennischick
09-10-2004, 04:16 AM
Well, TC, your tag line says it all.
:lol: :lol: actually it's a corruption of a line by Bob Larson. and he was damn right. :devil:
i was confident the Duck was not going to be holding that trophy come Sunday. now i can change my signature to "Go Roger!!!!!" :cool:

by the way, how come you have so little VCash? have you been secretly betting on the Duck :tape: :p just kidding ;)

WyveN
09-10-2004, 04:17 AM
Poor Nick just changed his pick from Federer to Roddick this morning to win the USO this year. :devil:

Nick who??

tennischick
09-10-2004, 04:19 AM
as in the ol' saying: "The one who Kills with Iron...Dies by Iron" :p
wow! that would make a terrific sig! :worship:

KoOlMaNsEaN
09-10-2004, 04:19 AM
I will definitely be smiling in my sleep tonight with Andy losing :):bounce:

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 04:20 AM
:lol: :lol: actually it's a corruption of a line by Bob Larson. and he was damn right. :devil:
i was confident the Duck was not going to be holding that trophy come Sunday. now i can change my signature to "Go Roger!!!!!" :cool:

by the way, how come you have so little VCash? have you been secretly betting on the Duck :tape: :p just kidding ;)

No, actually I didn't vote on this particular match. But I feel sooooo sorry for the people who put in 12486 vcash in the pot for Roddick. Lots of sad people tonight, that's for sure.

I placed vcash on the Federer-Henman matchup.

Lee
09-10-2004, 04:24 AM
Nick who??

Nick Bollettieri

rue
09-10-2004, 04:28 AM
I was actually stunned to see Roddick lose. I was supporting Joachim though but after Roddick came back in the next two sets I thought that he was now fully confident to come through. I think that most people may have underestimated Joachim, cos he is a really dangerous player and he showed a lot of guts out there tonight.

Clara Bow
09-10-2004, 04:32 AM
Erm, I was only cracking. I don't really give a flying crap if players sign ever

Rebecca I can have a hard time telling if someone is serious or joking in written text (in real life I tell by the tone of voice) so sorry for the misinterpretation.

Jorge
09-10-2004, 04:33 AM
"The one who Kills with Iron...Dies by Iron"
wow! that would make a terrific sig! :worship:

It's an old spanish saying: "el que a hierro mata... a hierro muere".
I am not sure if this saying is known in english, anyway I think it suits perfectly to A-Rod after tonight's match :devil:

tennischick
09-10-2004, 04:35 AM
y prefiero la version espanola. muchas gracias! :kiss:

tennischick
09-10-2004, 04:36 AM
Jorge, i just remembered a saying i got from a Venezuelan teacher:

"con la varra que midas, seras medido". :devil:

Jorge
09-10-2004, 04:39 AM
Jorge, i just remembered a saying i got from a Venezuelan teacher:

"con la varra que midas, seras medido". :devil:
that one is good as well :D

tennischick
09-10-2004, 04:50 AM
Jorge: una pregunta. la palabra es "varra" o "barra"? no puedo acordarme. gracias ;)

Chloe le Bopper
09-10-2004, 04:52 AM
Rebecca I can have a hard time telling if someone is serious or joking in written text (in real life I tell by the tone of voice) so sorry for the misinterpretation.
Oh, that's totally understandable. People don't understand me in real life either :devil:

darnyelb
09-10-2004, 04:54 AM
Wow. And Roddick outscored Pim-Pim by 24 points. Must've been all those love service games. Has the loser of a match ever won that many more points than the victor before?

I can't believe Roddick played such a sloppy final game. So glad JJ regrouped in that final set.

¿esquímaux?
09-10-2004, 04:59 AM
What a dolt!!!! He lost more than his wallet on that pick, that's for damn sure.

:lol: Did anyone call that number he gave out when he mentioned his lost wallet? :aplot::p

Jorge
09-10-2004, 05:06 AM
Jorge: una pregunta. la palabra es "varra" o "barra"? no puedo acordarme. gracias ;)
none of them tennischick.
Barra means pole or bar (like in chocolate bar)
Varra has no meaning in spanish

and Vara... means stick or even "rod" ;)

"con la vara que midas serás medido... arod"
:devil:

Smankyou
09-10-2004, 05:06 AM
The USO has just been made all the more interesting. No more sleep for me.

Chloe le Bopper
09-10-2004, 05:09 AM
Has the loser of a match ever won that many more points than the victor before?

Sure, and in bigger matches too. Clijsters won more points than Capriati in their slam final.

Red~Ruby
09-10-2004, 05:10 AM
I can't belive it! I am in shock! But somehow from before the match, I could feel the pressure that JJ was goin to take Roddick out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They said from the beginning he is the dark horse to take it!

Oh man no americans! How? ;)

One of my commentators stopped talking when JJ won, The other had to take over, hehe, obviously he was in complete denial, just yesterday he had said "Roddick is rediefining tennis and will put up historic numbers (GS wins)'

Did you see JJ's coach afterward, he's face said it all!
And a fan at the end of the match who hugged JJ so much as if telling him "I knew you could do it and one day you will be BIG"! he semmed so touched.
And JJ's reaction to his win, adorable, just smiled!

oh and gilberts face and rod's manager, I know that feeling when your heart is at your feet (I feel it with Fed) and facing your nightmare. I feel for him.

still just can't get over it.....he did the biggest upset of all
Man what are all those reporters and media doing.....eating eating eating!

Mechlan
09-10-2004, 05:13 AM
Awesome, Joachim! :worship:

I don't believe I've ever seen Brad Gilbert look so nervous out there. He always appears as if he doesn't really care about the outcome of the match.

My thoughts on the match... it was surprising was how tentatively Andy came out. Almost as if he had been strongly warned beforehand about Johansson, and so was playing cautiously. Really, he went for very few winners, just sort of kept the ball in play and hoped for the errors. And I guess if you play like that and your opponent has a good day, nasty things happen...

Still, I don't think the strategy was all that bad. Really, for most of the match, Roddick had the consistently easy service games, and he was definitely pressuring Joachim's serve more than the other way round. What it boiled down to is that on the important points, Johansson came up with the goods, and Roddick fell short. An entertaining match, for sure (in spite of the fact that the average rally was probably around 3 strokes ;)).

I said earlier today that this was a good USO, with Rogi, Lleyton, and Henman into the semis. It's now a great USO. :devil:

tennischick
09-10-2004, 05:14 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: here comes my new sig!!!! ja ja ja!!!! :devil:

gracias mi amigo. :kiss:

Tennis Fool
09-10-2004, 05:15 AM
It's an old spanish saying: "el que a hierro mata... a hierro muere".
I am not sure if this saying is known in english, anyway I think it suits perfectly to A-Rod after tonight's match :devil:

He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword.

¿esquímaux?
09-10-2004, 05:16 AM

:aplot: I flunked Spanish 3 :tape: so can you translate 4 me :angel::D

Jorge
09-10-2004, 05:25 AM
:aplot: I flunked Spanish 3 :tape: so can you translate 4 me :angel::D
basically means the same than the other saying, esquimaux "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword"

This is what happened to Arod tonight ;)

But a literal translation would be sth like this: "with the same stick (rod, rule, etc) that you measures them you will be measured later".

Scotso
09-10-2004, 05:27 AM
hurrah!

Fedex
09-10-2004, 05:39 AM
Vamos, PimPim. :D :banana: Time for Lleyton!

Sommarsverige
09-10-2004, 05:45 AM
I couldn´t belive my eyes when I was checking TV text this
morning and discovered that Pim Pim had won :rolleyes:
So unbelievable and great that Pim Pim has won, *smile*
Does anyone know when they will show something of the match on
European Eurosport again?
All your comments concerning the match made me so interested...

Now it´s time for Pim Pim to take Lleyton ;) ;)

Heja Pim Pim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Aphex
09-10-2004, 05:49 AM
:D

Fedex
09-10-2004, 05:51 AM
It'd be a dream come true for him, and great for the game to make his 1st slam final. I hope he does :)

¿esquímaux?
09-10-2004, 05:53 AM
basically means the same than the other saying, esquimaux "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword"

This is what happened to Arod tonight ;)

But a literal translation would be sth like this: "with the same stick (rod, rule, etc) that you measures them you will be measured later".

Oh, ok :D grah-see-us :kiss:

Red~Ruby
09-10-2004, 05:55 AM

Night maches come on as repeats at 17.oo central european time for Eurosport international.. But if you live soemwhere else in Europe the it is better you chech eurosport.com for the schedule for your specific country.

What a day of match wins! i think this is the happiest I have been in a long time!

Lalitha
09-10-2004, 06:35 AM
Vamos, PimPim. :D :banana: Time for Lleyton!

I'd join Fedex here. :)

Actually, I missed my office today for more than an hour, just to watch this match. And it did turn to my expectations and I got the result I wanted.

JJ - In my language, JJ is like "hail you, hail you". I hope he makes the finals.

Kristen
09-10-2004, 08:11 AM
You're kidding? Is that really why he's called Pim Pim? Geez I thought it would be something a little more exciting than that.

I reckon it should be Tin Tin, cos he dead set looks like Tintin!!!
:lol: You should see the Finnish player Timo Nieminen! He reminds me of tintin big time ;)

Joachims brother used to say 'joa-pim', because he couldbnt pronounce joachims name. and, pimpim is a popular candy in sweden, so the name stuck...

*Going to US Open website now to see if they care enough to post an interview from pimpim, instead of Andy :rolleyes:

Vladimir Poutine
09-10-2004, 08:41 AM

He could have made the US 100m team at the Olympics with the speed that he left the stadium.

Vladimir Poutine
09-10-2004, 08:45 AM
The match wasn't great, but I was laughing my head off at one point. PimPim has Roddick running from side to side, brings him forward and Roddick hits a forehand and PimPim hits a topspin lob over Roddick's head, it was so great seeing a guy like this toying with Roddick in the 2nd set.

Alvarillo
09-10-2004, 09:24 AM
THANKS JOACHIM THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heya
09-10-2004, 09:30 AM
Lame Gilbert's big ego couldn't handle it. He'll be kicked to the curb after leaching off the media & Roddick. How gullible are the fools who don't know that Gilbert's a useless phony.
He bragged about being a supergenius & those idiotic commentators were like swine eating crap up. The McEnroes & Courier live in a patriotic fantasyland.

Vladimir Poutine
09-10-2004, 09:32 AM
heya, it's not that hard to work out that Gilbert is overrated.

*Ljubica*
09-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face since I got up this morning and saw that result :p

Vladimir Poutine
09-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Yes, it's as funny as PimPim hitting a dropshot and slow boy Roddick gets to it and gets lobbed from the very weak backhand side of Johansson.

Fedex
09-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Lame Gilbert's big ego couldn't handle it. He'll be kicked to the curb after leaching off the media & Roddick. How gullible are the fools who don't know that Gilbert's a useless phony.
He bragged about being a supergenius & those idiotic commentators were like swine eating crap up. The McEnroes & Courier live in a patriotic fantasyland.
Is that coming from you, Heya. Because it actually made some sense. :tape: I do hope Gilbert gets fired soon, it would be so funny, and I agree about McEnroe and Courier.

Satanic Pasteur
09-10-2004, 09:48 AM
I just watched 5 first games before rain but I think stats are quite incredible because I never saw such a gap with JoJo scoring 24 points less than duckboy...

Match Summary
Johansson(SWE) Roddick(USA)

1st Serve % 99 of 162 = 61 % 75 of 118 = 64 %

Aces 30 34

Double Faults 6 5

Unforced Errors 49 22

Winning % on 1st Serve 74 of 99 = 75 % 64 of 75 = 85 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 27 of 63 = 43 % 27 of 43 = 63 %

Winners (Including Service) 67 58

Receiving Points Won 27 of 118 = 23 % 61 of 162 = 38 %

Break Point Conversions 3 of 5 = 60 % 3 of 15 = 20 %

Net Approaches 17 of 28 = 61 % 6 of 8 = 75 %

Total Points Won 128 152

Mrs. B
09-10-2004, 09:58 AM

like yesterday, Eurosport replayed the first 3 sets of Agassi & Roger's match at 2pm, CET. i am also hoping to catch PimPim's demolition job later on. ;)

Yashirobai
09-10-2004, 10:04 AM
LOL! That was so weird. Roddick was forcing Johansson's service during almost the entire match and had no problems on his with the exception of the three games that cost him the entire game. I'm happy he lost, but it was unfair. He was way better than Johansson that couldn't hold a serve of his and had some godamn luck today.

From my point of view Agassi played better than Federer and it was maybe unfair that he lost the match (e.g. look at the total points won of won, where Agassi is leading, which is a good stat to consider), even though Federer is not an undeserving winner.

SO, yes, probably Andy deserver more the match, but... what can I say, tennis is that way ;)

drf716
09-10-2004, 10:06 AM
its a good thing roddick lost today!...so some of his wind may blow down a bit....hehehe!

Patrick
09-10-2004, 10:34 AM
I'm glad he lost. :p

heya
09-10-2004, 10:55 AM
Fedex, at night, when I leave out a phrase and make a typo, I'll notify you again.:unsure:

sol
09-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face since I got up this morning and saw that result :p
I can imagine that. I did watch the whole of the match, and then I did come here to post some congratulation’s sentences on the Pim Pim's forum. I wasn’t able to sleep for a while after this. ;)

The statistics reflect that Pim Pimp was collapsing in the 3er and 4to set, but Andy did played badly a decisive game in the last set so he lost. Roddick dropped the 1st and 2nd set for hardly 1 break. Anyway!. Well done Joachim! :D

heya
09-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Do you think Gilbert's worth rating at all, Poutine?
As a metaphor, Christina Aguilera's overrated & Britney Spears's not worth looking at.

TheBoiledEgg
09-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Pim Pim :banana: :D :)
he won just as i was leaving home :)

what a relief :) :)
now go shoot some potato, u got potatoette's blessing :devil: ;)

Billabong
09-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Pim Pim:woohoo:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooooo happy:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joeb_uk
09-10-2004, 11:30 AM
andys jerkish faces and comments were annoying me all night, i was so happy to see pim pim win!

Daniel
09-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Johansson :yeah:

Billabong
09-10-2004, 11:55 AM
Incredible to see there's more than 20 points won separating them in this match:eek:!!!

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Who didn't convert enough of their break opportunities? Yes, no sympathy then for Andy as he wasn't able to bring it when it really counted.

sol
09-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Who didn't convert enough of their break opportunities? Yes, no sympathy then for Andy as he wasn't able to bring it when it really counted.
:yeah: :worship:

CandyQueen
09-10-2004, 01:03 PM
God I have read comment after comment......Andy is human and he will lose. Everyone does, but to see you all mocking roddick is not sportsmanship. You find it funny he loses and even more so to start threads saying how arrogant or how hated he is. I find that pathetic. If you all hated him so much there wouldnt be much talk of him. But constantly you find the need to have his name somewhere in your posts. It shows deep down u like him or even find him fascinating. Whichever player you support shows sportsmanship, how about you all follow suit and do the same!

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 01:04 PM
God I have read comment after comment......Andy is human and he will lose. Everyone does, but to see you all mocking roddick is not sportsmanship. You find it funny he loses and even more so to start threads saying how arrogant or how hated he is. I find that pathetic. If you all hated him so much there wouldnt be much talk of him. But constantly you find the need to have his name somewhere in your posts. It shows deep down u like him or even find him fascinating. Whichever player you support shows sportsmanship, how about you all follow suit and do the same!

Bye, bye now. Back to Duckland you go....

Richard Cranium
09-10-2004, 01:05 PM

Very well said.

CandyQueen
09-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Bye, bye now. Back to Duckland you go....

Wow that is so mature of you. Least Roddick has won matches on a regular basis unlike Nalbandian. But im not going to gloat. Ill leave you to think about that!

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 01:07 PM
Wow that is so mature of you. Least Roddick has won matches on a regular basis unlike Nalbandian. But im not going to gloat. Ill leave you to think about that!

I don't have to think about that; besides, Nalbandian is not the topic of discussion. So, go think about THAT....BITCH.....

CandyQueen
09-10-2004, 01:09 PM
You are so mature i hope to be like you one day!

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 01:11 PM
You wished you could, but you can't. So get over it....

BmxBandit
09-10-2004, 01:15 PM
JJ won 128 pts, Roddick 152. That is amazing considering JJ won the match :) Good job.

Andy :(

Auscon
09-10-2004, 01:18 PM
The match had just started when I left for uni, and after my first 3 classes I got down to the lab, went to the usopen site, and couldnt believe the score (which was 4-3 to Johansson in the 5th)

Waited a bit, refreshed, and he'd won....I think i said "k ryst" kindof loud cos a few people in the lab turned and looked :)

Roddick will be back next year with a vengence....I'm sure he's pretty dissappointed not being able to grab a slam this year after finishing off 2003 so well

I dont dislike Roddick, but I did enjoy this win because of the fact that every commentator was talking up Andy about how invincible he's been in the tournament....and then along comes another young guy, big serve, on the ball, and boom...its all over

RebelNYC
09-10-2004, 01:24 PM
I can't wipe the smile off my face! GO SWEDEN! It's about time to see
Roddick get a taste of his own medicine ... you gotta give him credit, he
did not crunch, and he really upset the announcers! They all but had Roddick
in the finals .....

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 01:26 PM
I can't wipe the smile off my face! GO SWEDEN! It's about time to see
Roddick get a taste of his own medicine ... you gotta give him credit, he
did not crunch, and he really upset the announcers! They all but had Roddick
in the finals .....

Me neither, me neither..... :lol: :lol: :rolls: :rolls:

Richard Cranium
09-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Well I think Wilander, PimPIm and maybe 2 others just thought Johansson was going to let Roddick walk away with the match.

The technical deficiencies were shown in this match and the tactical ineptitude of Roddick, who couldn't adapt to a player he didn't take with the full seriousness before the match.

*Ljubica*
09-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Having just caught up with the match on recorded highlights, the most enjoyable thing for me isn't Duckboy losing - it is the crowd getting quieter and quieter at every Pim Pim success, as they show their normal lack of good manners and sportsmanship on such occasions........... :devil: Pim Pim did amazingly well to ignore their constant cheering of his bad points and rare serve faults - he remained calm and rose above it all - good for him :) Oh - and Gilbert's sour face made me laugh too!

Bubble
09-10-2004, 01:57 PM
it's really poetic justice....
We have just witnessed Andy being beaten by his mirror image :p

the cat
09-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Andy Roddick dropped the ball in the grand slams this year. :( But if he leads America to the Davis Cup title he can salvage his year. I give full credit to Joachim Johansson on the upset win. He richly deserved that great win. :D But it hurt Roddick that he won his previous 4 matches so easily. He wasn't as big point tough as Johansson at this years U.S. Open and that played a major role in Johansson's upset win last night. And it's nice to see the Swedes have what could be a major player again in Joachim Johansson. :) I've been waiting for one since Stefan Edberg retired in 1996. Thomas Enqvist and Thomas Johansson were very good players at one time. But they never had the huge upside Joachim Johansson does.

undomiele
09-10-2004, 03:30 PM
This is great news! I would have paid good money to see Brad Gilbert's face. :lol: So now there are no americans left on the men's side.. the networks don't know what to do!! I believe this is sweet revenge for the over-the-top travesty of the US open last year. :devil: :devil: Congratulations Johannsson. I imagine Hewitt will actually be on his best behaviour on court tomorrow. :D

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 03:33 PM
So now there are no americans left on the men's side.. the networks don't know what to do!! I believe this is sweet revenge for the over-the-top travesty of the US open last year. :devil: :devil:

Payback is a bitch sometimes...... :devil:

Black Adam
09-10-2004, 04:40 PM
i am sad for andy but i now hope either tim wins his first slam............. or pim pim win as a total surprise like thomas did at the AO 2002

Iheartandy&roger
09-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Well gotta give this boy props for beating Andy good job though I support Andy 150% he just didnt play his best and it bit him in the ass in the end.

CandyQueen
09-10-2004, 07:41 PM
You wished you could, but you can't. So get over it....

Yep, I wish i was an ignorant, annoying, pathetic excuse for a human, unsportsmanlike moron ! I just cant become that! You have to be born with it! So My Congrats to you to have that special gene!

AgassiFan
09-10-2004, 07:41 PM
Well gotta give this boy props for beating Andy good job though I support Andy 150% he just didnt play his best and it bit him in the ass in the end.

Roddick is gonna have to learn to play his best or near his best damn near all the time if he wants to be a great slam champion. Dropping your level just one game in a close match can cost you the tournament, especially against very tough opponents like Federer or Sampras, as Agassi found out in his first 10 USO tries or so.

Easier said than done? Sure. But that's why champions are champions - they are supposed to be better than everyone else not only physically but mentally. If Andy wants it easy, he is going to have to settle for being a Top 10 player instead of Top 2.

Aleksa's Laydee
09-10-2004, 08:21 PM
JOACHIM!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats, you rock big time!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 09:17 PM
Yep, I wish i was an ignorant, annoying, pathetic excuse for a human, unsportsmanlike moron ! I just cant become that! You have to be born with it! So My Congrats to you to have that special gene!

You're certainly welcome. Anytime. Glad I could be your neighborhood bitch today.

papasmurf11
09-10-2004, 09:18 PM
:rolleyes: You most certainly are Sigmagirl you have too be one of the most immature people on this board.

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 09:19 PM
:rolleyes: You most certainly are Sigmagirl you have too be one of the most immature people on this board.

And you're not?

papasmurf11
09-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Do you see me trolling the boards?

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 09:25 PM
I am whatever you say I am, papasmurf, and it doesn't bother me one damn bit.

papasmurf11
09-10-2004, 09:27 PM
:tape: :tape: :tape: :shrug:

sigmagirl91
09-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Thought you'd see it that way....

Éowyn
09-10-2004, 09:58 PM
I'd join Fedex here. :)

JJ - In my language, JJ is like "hail you, hail you".

aww thats so sweet coz thats my real name haha!

Éowyn
09-10-2004, 10:08 PM
you all really need to get over yourselves especially sigmagirl, you all seem to think you are better than everyone else in this forum and better than the andy fans; but the end of the day if people were saying shit like this about david you'd be the first one to try and defend him and get stuck in. So why don't you just lay off coz it won't be long till people WILL hit back and btw in case you forgot david had match points against andy last year and LOST so just leave off

At the end of the day yes Johansson had a good game and beat Andy no one is going to deny that but that should the end of story how about a simple good game, "well done Joachim bad luck andy" or would that be too much like sportmanship for you!

xcolormepinkx
09-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Amen!

Éowyn
09-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Amen!

and the lord said leave Andy alone! well if i believed in a lord thats probably what he's say.

Tennis Fool
09-10-2004, 11:09 PM
It must have been a slow news day because Andy's loss made the front page of The New York Times.

Iheartandy&roger
09-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Awesome w2g shell_of_myself! Couldn't have said it any better!

vene
09-11-2004, 12:21 AM
let's see.....who was down match point to Nalbandian in last year's USO despite having more rest than the other players? :devil:

CandyQueen
09-11-2004, 12:25 AM
let's see.....who was down match point to Nalbandian in last year's USO despite having more rest than the other players? :devil:

More rest? Roddick had few tough matches........But who had match points against him at the USO and STILL lost?

tennischick
09-11-2004, 12:28 AM
...But it hurt Roddick that he won his previous 4 matches so easily. He wasn't as big point tough as Johansson at this years U.S. Open and that played a major role in Johansson's upset win last night.
this is precisely what i have been saying all week. while Duckfans were busy ooohing and aaaahing over the ease with which the Quacker was spanking his earlier opponents, what i saw was a guy who was NOT getting match-tough. the UDTA did him no favors with that draw.

not only that but the relatively easier wins made him become a tad too cocky and arrogant for his own good. that too played a part in the loss. not taking anything away from the Pimster ;)

RogiFan88
09-11-2004, 12:29 AM
I'm a little surprised Pandy crapped last night... I was wondering what his record was in 5-setters and also when he has been 2 sets down... did he choke?? it wasn't even a final... kinda weird but interesting at the same time... he didn't look too clever out there and altho he tried to serve bombs, they just died at the net or on the net... loved the looks on Brat's face tho, I must admit... that's what he gets for hyping up his guy so much... they sure kept low-key about this upset... if it were Ferrero or Federer or anyone else, we w be hearing about it until USO05... back to the drawing board, Duckie... too bad. impressed by Pim2's sangfroid...

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 12:30 AM
More rest? Roddick had few tough matches........But who had match points against him at the USO and STILL lost?

You know, this conversation is not about Nalbandian. Every time Andy is mentioned, he is too. Why? I guess we're even. Most Nalby fans can't stand Andy, and most Andy fans can't stand Nalby. That's OK, I guess, and here I was thinking that Roger fans and Andy fans would be at odds more.

RogiFan88
Pandy had not been challenged in the least up until his QF... perhaps he was too complacent? He seemed pretty casual v. Robredo...

RoddickBabe10
I won't deny it, Joachim was just the better player out there last night. You know, coming up with the more important winners, while Andy fell short. I think Andy might've been a little too confident coming in that match, but Joachim had a smart game plan and props for him because it worked!

I have to admit, though I knew Andy wasn't going to defend this year, I didn't think he'd lose to Johansson. I thought he was going to lose in the SF, you know, against Hewitt or of course in the Finals against FedEx. As a fan, for sure, I'm a little disappointed of his loss but it was that great will and desire Joachim showed that made him come out victorious :yeah:. Besides, Andy basically just gave Joachim that last game :rolleyes:

Now, I am never the one to "fight" with anyone on this forum. Don't you all think that it's a little ridiculous how a lot of people here supposedly "hate" Andy but yet enjoy talking about him after every single post, thread after thread? If you "hate" him so much, wouldn't you want to stop talking about him and talk about your faves? Now, I am speaking generally to the people that just keep saying hurtful things about/to Andy's fans. Andy lost. Everyone loses and anyone can beat anyone on any given day. Yes, it was Joachim's match and he deserved it, but please, let us all not forget how much of a fighter Andy was out there.

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 12:31 AM
Speak for yourself, babe.

tennischick
09-11-2004, 12:35 AM
You know, this conversation is not about Nalbandian. Every time Andy is mentioned, he is too. Why? I guess we're even. Most Nalby fans can't stand Andy, and most Andy fans can't stand Nalby. That's OK, I guess, and here I was thinking that Roger fans and Andy fans would be at odds more.
have you noticed that CandyQueen literally just appeared on this board?

have you noticed that certain Duckfans are missing in action?

any guess as to who CandyQueen really is? :devil: :tape:

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 12:36 AM
Yeah, I know. But I'm not gonna say it here.....

tennischick
09-11-2004, 12:44 AM
i hear ya ;) :tape:

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 12:45 AM
We can just overlook the wittle duckie and commence with our business, can't we?

tennischick
09-11-2004, 12:49 AM
of course. i just wanted her to know that she may be an idiot but some of us are not. ;)

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Why do the DuckFucks have to be such idiots?

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 12:54 AM
I
Now, I am never the one to "fight" with anyone on this forum. Don't you all think that it's a little ridiculous how a lot of people here supposedly "hate" Andy but yet enjoy talking about him after every single post, thread after thread? If you "hate" him so much, wouldn't you want to stop talking about him and talk about your faves? Now, I am speaking generally to the people that just keep saying hurtful things about/to Andy's fans. Andy lost. Everyone loses and anyone can beat anyone on any given day. Yes, it was Joachim's match and he deserved it, but please, let us all not forget how much of a fighter Andy was out there.

When Andy fans stop fighting with fans of other players, we'll stop. Until then, do your own housekeeping.

CandyQueen
09-11-2004, 01:10 AM
Yeah i just appeared out of thin air....No seriously thats what happens when most new ppl join, they just start posting.....my friend told me to join and how pathetic of you to think im another member, just because they haven't posted. Oh when you all stop dissing roddick constantly due to your lack of lives, andy fans will stop arguing back! Actually we aint really arguing, we just defending roddick. So grow up!

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 01:13 AM
Yeah i just appeared out of thin air....No seriously thats what happens when most new ppl join, they just start posting.....my friend told me to join and how pathetic of you to think im another member, just because they haven't posted. Oh when you all stop dissing roddick constantly due to your lack of lives, andy fans will stop arguing back! Actually we aint really arguing, we just defending roddick. So grow up!

Oh, I have a life, believe you me. It just seems like thin-skinned people like yourselves with no life take to defending someone you'll never meet in this lifetime (good luck if you do). It's a lost cause, honey. So, go over to Duckland and commiserate with the folks over there. I'm totally sure they'd looooove to have you....

CandyQueen
09-11-2004, 01:16 AM
I have met him actually. And i dont mind the few criticism but to constantly do it get a bit annoying. You all hate how roddick argues with the umpire all the time and that annoys you, well what you do it like that. Wow duckland, you all so grown up.

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 01:20 AM
That's the Andy forum, Candy, in case you need a clue. At least if I have issues about Andy, I air them here. No point in doing it anywhere else. I tell ya, you all are so thin-skinned. You all are so outspoken and bitchy, but when it comes to someone like me (po' lil ol' me), you wanna get in defensive mode. Thought all 5 million of you were stronger than that. You just proved me wrong. None of you can take negative posts and make them positive, or at least twist it around in your favor. Whatever....until you can effectively defend your man and not try to be defensive, then we have nothing to talk about.

RoddickBabe10
09-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Whatever....until you can effectively defend your man and not try to be defensive, then we have nothing to talk about.

Just a question, was I being offensive on my first post on this thread? I am asking this assuming you are posting that statement generally to all Roddick fans.

When Andy fans stop fighting with fans of other players, we'll stop. Until then, do your own housekeeping.

:wavey: Just for the record, I do not intend to "fight" with you as I never do with anyone on this board, especially when they like one of my faves (yes, I love David and I am a fan of Andy's).
By the way, you say "we, Andy fans" have no life because we defend Andy, correct me if I'm wrong. I actually wasn't trying to defend Andy, I was simply stating my opinion and if you disagree, you're free to. Have a nice day. Oh and btw, I have met Andy, just to let you know. Have a nice day :)

CandyQueen
09-11-2004, 01:25 AM
My man, lets not go that far! I admit he isnt the hottest guy, but i admire his tennis and the passion he has for it. He shows good sportsmanship against playeers, such as applauding a good shot by them. But to have you all judge him just like that is a little bit petty. Okay you can have your bitch now and then, but to do it all the time 24/7, its like you all revel in it. If you didn't like him then why do you lot always talk about him?

I don't like federer and lubjicic etc, but i never moan and criticise them all the time. I accept their talent and i acknowledge good points about them. So why not show a little compassion towards roddick?!

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 01:30 AM
Just a question, was I being offensive on my first post on this thread? I am asking this assuming you are posting that statement generally to all Roddick fans.

Uh, yeah ( I mean, you weren't being offensive; the statement is directed mainly at all Roddick fans). Most of you bitch and whine about "you are treating him unfairly". It doesn't help that some of his fans are pure assholes anyway (of course, I am, but then again, I never pretended to be sugar and spice and everything nice anyway). For that very reason, I feel sorry for him cause as much as I dislike him, he doesn't deserve that kind of fan base. But, I digress.
Anyhow, you all don't know how to deal with trolls (and there are a bunch of them out there), and then you wanna whine that "Andy is not getting treated right". We deal with bullshit concerning David all the time, and it mostly comes from the Andy camp.

:wavey: Just for the record, I do not intend to "fight" with you as I never do with anyone on this board, especially when they like one of my faves (yes, I love David and I am a fan of Andy's).
By the way, you say "we, Andy fans" have no life because we defend Andy, correct me if I'm wrong. I actually wasn't trying to defend Andy, I was simply stating my opinion and if you disagree, you're free to. Have a nice day. Oh and btw, I have met Andy, just to let you know. Have a nice day :)

Good for you.

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 01:32 AM
My man, lets not go that far! I admit he isnt the hottest guy, but i admire his tennis and the passion he has for it. He shows good sportsmanship against playeers, such as applauding a good shot by them. But to have you all judge him just like that is a little bit petty. Okay you can have your bitch now and then, but to do it all the time 24/7, its like you all revel in it. If you didn't like him then why do you lot always talk about him?

Still not impressed. I told you before, quit selling me the Brooklyn Bridge. Not buying.

I don't like federer and lubjicic etc, but i never moan and criticise them all the time. I accept their talent and i acknowledge good points about them. So why not show a little compassion towards roddick?!

A little? Just a little? Uh....no...

CandyQueen
09-11-2004, 01:38 AM
God im not a fan of nalbandians but i wont sit here saying everything shitty about him! just the occasional comment! I dont give a fuck anymore, the more you bitch the more it appears you have nothing better to do except talk bout roddick. Its okay, you can admit you like him.

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 01:40 AM
God im not a fan of nalbandians but i wont sit here saying everything shitty about him! just the occasional comment! I dont give a fuck anymore, the more you bitch the more it appears you have nothing better to do except talk bout roddick. Its okay, you can admit you like him.

Or not. I do have a fuckin' life you know;this is my day to gloat, and gloat I will. Just that you have nothing better to do than to chase me around a message board. I always welcome personal stalkers.

RoddickBabe10
09-11-2004, 01:42 AM
Uh, yeah ( I mean, you weren't being offensive; the statement is directed mainly at all Roddick fans). Most of you bitch and whine about "you are treating him unfairly". It doesn't help that some of his fans are pure assholes anyway (of course, I am, but then again, I never pretended to be sugar and spice and everything nice anyway). For that very reason, I feel sorry for him cause as much as I dislike him, he doesn't deserve that kind of fan base. But, I digress.
Anyhow, you all don't know how to deal with trolls (and there are a bunch of them out there), and then you wanna whine that "Andy is not getting treated right". We deal with bullshit concerning David all the time, and it mostly comes from the Andy camp.

I think you should simply post that in Andy's forum. Surely, this statement isn't for me.

CandyQueen
09-11-2004, 01:43 AM
chase you around? lmfao im in one thread and you so happen to be here and if you look back i posted you replied, so i think your the stalker here. And you have a life? Sure sure, if you say so!

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 01:43 AM
No, not going to Duckland. Don't care to; don't want to. I have nothing to say to none of you over there. My comments stay over here, where people can see them.

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 01:44 AM
chase you around? lmfao im in one thread and you so happen to be here and if you look back i posted you replied, so i think your the stalker here. And you have a life? Sure sure, if you say so!

Yeah, keep thinking that. I still love the attention though.

Éowyn
09-11-2004, 01:49 AM

and remind me again who WON THAT GAME????

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 01:51 AM
and remind me again who WON THAT GAME????

If all Roddick could hope for was to win on a bad call, he can have it. Probably the last time he'll get a prayer of a chance like that.
It's too bad the USTA's attempt to make him champ again backfired. Wonder what they're saying now?

RoddickBabe10
09-11-2004, 01:56 AM
:wavey: Everyone, have a nice day. But before I leave, here's a song to all of you! :yeah: :woohoo:
Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me
Let their be peace on earth
The peace that was meant to be
To take each moment and live each moment
With peace eternallyyyyyyyyy...

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 01:57 AM
:wavey: Everyone, have a nice day. But before I leave, here's a song to all of you! :yeah: :woohoo:
And let it begin with me

Peace to you. Bye.....

Éowyn
09-11-2004, 02:01 AM
If all Roddick could hope for was to win on a bad call, he can have it. Probably the last time he'll get a prayer of a chance like that.

who said anything about the bad call i didn't i am making no excuses for andy. he lost end of story he was unlucky to lose but he lost i am not arguing that. my point is you lot bad mouthing andy once again and not having the guts to admit he played a good game and not having the gutsto admit you're just fucking jealous!

and what the hell are you talking about the USTA didn't try to make andy win all they did was give him night matches which is to do with tv ratings and ticket sales not helping andy!

you guys wouldn't like it we started threads slagging of nalbandian and federer etc and it wouldn't take much for us to do it. Yes we defend our guy same as you would yours. all we want is for you guys to leave him alone!

and to rogifan the answer to your question is before last night andy had played 8 five setters and his record was 4-4 and joachim hadn't played a five setter before last night!

Éowyn
09-11-2004, 02:02 AM
And let it begin with me

man even i didn't get the point of that song lols! although i think getting peace on earth may actually be easier than getting peace on these boards!

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 02:03 AM
who said anything about the bad call i didn't i am making no excuses for andy. he lost end of story he was unlucky to lose but he lost i am not arguing that. my point is you lot bad mouthing andy once again and not having the guts to admit he played a good game and not having the gutsto admit you're just fucking jealous!

and what the hell are you talking about the USTA didn't try to make andy win all they did was give him night matches which is to do with tv ratings and ticket sales not helping andy!

you guys wouldn't like it we started threads slagging of nalbandian and federer etc and it wouldn't take much for us to do it. Yes we defend our guy same as you would yours. all we want is for you guys to leave him alone!

and to rogifan the answer to your question is before last night andy had played 8 five setters and his record was 4-4 and joachim hadn't played a five setter before last night!

How in the fuck am I jealous. I have more than one favorite. I don't have time for the petty jealousy thing, for real. Just 'cause I don't like Andy, doesn't mean I'm jealous.

You know what, when most of you Andy fans do make a negative Nalbandian thread (which you've done plenty of times before, mind you), at least we can derail it into something somewhat positive. Something that you Andy fans have yet to do, because you are so sensitive and self-righteous.

Juanquis.Angel
09-11-2004, 02:12 AM
Man, it seems I can't go into any threads anymore in GM without people bickering about Roddick (usually a Roddick fan and a Roddick hater). I come here to read decent posts about tennis that are relevant to the topic. I don't know about everyone else, but I personally get tired of getting halfway through a thread, then have to stop because it's gone into a debate about Andy instead of more posts about the original topic.

Yes, the title of this thread is "Roddick lost!!!", but I didn't see anything in the title that would indicate any sort of fighting about Roddick or Federer or David or any other player. And yes, the thread was created by (I'm assuming) someone who doesn't have Andy as one of his/her favorite players. I'm also assuming the original poster didn't have bickering in mind after their initial post. We ought to spend more time discussing the finer points of tennis (the play, the good points, the sportsmanship) instead of trashing each other.

I know there are always going to be a few people that will continue to bash Roddick/Federer/Nalbandian/etc., but at least the intelligent lot of us could try to keep it civil and ignore those who come here to argue instead of talking about some really good tennis.

((And just to clear things up before anyone thinks I'm pointing fingers--in no way am I singling out anyone who's posted here so far, I'm just stating something that I've noticed way too much anymore.))

papasmurf11
09-11-2004, 02:16 AM
Sigmagirl would you please stop posting everytime I come across one of your post I feel like im getting dumber! :scared:

Éowyn
09-11-2004, 02:16 AM
then don't read these threads!

Éowyn
09-11-2004, 02:18 AM
Sigmagirl would you please stop posting everytime I come across one of your post I feel like im getting dumber! :scared:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 02:21 AM

Really? That's maybe because you're already dumb.

papasmurf11
09-11-2004, 02:29 AM
You know what I apologize for my comment I should not sink to your level im sorry! :toothy: :unsure:

PerezRoldan
09-11-2004, 03:32 AM
It must have been a slow news day because Andy's loss made the front page of The New York Times.

:)

Fedex
09-11-2004, 03:32 AM
But is that actually possible for you to become even more dumb??? :scratch:

PerezRoldan
09-11-2004, 03:33 AM

Andy can win as many points as he likes, but he didn't win the important ones, hence why he lost, it's not rocket science.

papasmurf11
09-11-2004, 03:44 AM
But is that actually possible for you to become even more dumb??? :scratch:

nope im dumb as rocks! My head is hollow want to knock makes coooool sounds! ;)

Fedex
09-11-2004, 03:48 AM
have you noticed that CandyQueen literally just appeared on this board?

have you noticed that certain Duckfans are missing in action?

any guess as to who CandyQueen really is? :devil: :tape:
I think she is most probably the orange one.

papasmurf11
09-11-2004, 03:55 AM
Nope actually way off she just joined because im the one who told her about this website.Well you can believe me if you want but im probally just too dumb.

CandyQueen
09-11-2004, 08:06 PM
They don't seem to think its possible for new people to join these forums..........

sigmagirl91
09-11-2004, 08:11 PM
A dumb ass asking a dumb ass to join a dumb ass board. Wow!!!!! That makes even more history than what Roger Federer is going after.

papasmurf11
09-12-2004, 01:10 AM
wow you can write the word dumb ass!

prima donna
08-20-2008, 03:21 AM
It's about that time of the year -- let's see if Roger will manage to surrender his U.S. Open crown in equally as humiliating fashion.

JimmyV
08-20-2008, 03:25 AM
The good ol' days, when Roddick made it past the 2nd round of slams.