4. KUZNETSOV, Andrey RUS
5. NISHIKORI, Kei JPN
6. not awarded
7. not awarded
8. not awarded

Qualifying
1. GOODALL, Joshua GBR
2. SMETHURST, Daniel GBR
3. MILTON, Joshua GBR (replaces Ward, J.)
4. PHILLIPS, Morgan GBR
5. EATON, Chris GBR
6. RICE, David GBR
7. WARD, Alexander GBR
8. Evans, Daniel GBR (play-off finalist)
9. Cox, Daniel GBR (play-off finalist)

Doubles
1. MARRAY, Jonathan GBR/MURRAY, Jamie GBR
2. DELGADO, Jamie GBR/GOODALL, Joshua GBR
3. EATON, Chris GBR/INGLOT, Dominic GBR
4. BOGDANOVIC, Alex GBR/SLABINSKY, Alexander GBR
5. not awarded

smucav
05-23-2010, 09:43 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article7134522.eceAs the rankings stand, Bogdanovic, at No 161, is the only British male who could be recommended to Wimbledon for a wild card. Jamie Baker, the Scot who has done wonders to haul himself up the rankings two years after being struck down by a near-fatal blood disease, heads for the United States this week to try to get the points that will lift him the 13 places required to move inside the Wimbledon cut-off of 250.

tennis fan474
05-25-2010, 08:44 AM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article7134522.ece

So if none of the British players won't reach the cut at 250, who will get the WC's?

misty1
05-28-2010, 12:41 AM
why is it that andrey kuznetwov is only on the qualifying list as an alternate for wimbledon? i though that since he won junior wimbledon last year he got a spot automatically in the qualifying or main draw as a wild card

Santoro Magician
05-28-2010, 05:59 PM
He will, wildcards havn't been announced yet

shuhrat
06-07-2010, 07:25 PM
**Wild Cards for Wimbledon 2010 Announced**

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/pdf/WildCards_2010.pdf

Main Draw

Event 1: Gentlemen's Singles Rank of 10/05/2010
1. GABASHVILI, Teimuraz (RUS) (115)
2. KIEFER, Nicolas (GER) (154)
3. BAKER, Jamie (GBR) (268)
4. KUZNETSOV, Andrey (RUS) (277)
5. NISHIKORI, Kei (JPN) (345)
6. To be announced
7. To be announced
8. To be announced

Event 2: Gentlemen's Doubles Rank of 07/06/2010
1. MARRAY, Jonathan (GBR) and MURRAY, Jamie (GBR) (172)
2. DELGADO, Jamie (GBR) and GOODALL, Joshua (GBR) (364)
3. EATON, Chris (GBR) and INGLOT, Dominic (GBR) (377)
4. To be announced
5. To be announced

Qualifying

Event 21: Qual. Gentlemen's Singles Rank of 24/05/2010
1. GOODALL, Joshua (GBR) (306)
2. SMETHURST, Daniel (GBR) (343)
3. WARD, James (GBR) (360)
4. PHILLIPS, Morgan (GBR) (410)
5. EATON, Chris (GBR) (468)
6. RICE, David (GBR) (486)
7. WARD, Alexander (GBR) (613)
8. Wild Card Play-off’s
9. Wild Card Play-off’s

Jills
06-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Davai Teimuraz!! :yeah:

Roamed
06-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Boggo getting a wildcard is a tradition they can't break. :yeah:

Tonkie13
06-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Good luck to Kiefer and of course Nishikori, glad they got one of the tickets ;)

misty1
06-07-2010, 08:05 PM
i wonder if they'll give dimitrov a wild card

and then daniel evans and alex bogdanovic i think would be the other 2 choices

Filo V.
06-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Evans does not deserve a WC. His results have not shown a level equipped to play a GS.

Boggo could get one, or they may opt to go with a bigger name in qualifying. Boggo is pretty old now and has NOT had a season that truly jumps out as deserving for a WC. Just because he's British doesn't automatically mean he deserves a spot in the draw. Beating Dimitrov and then Feli this week will go a long way.

They may opt for a younger guy whose less proven and been on the scene a little less than Evans has. I don't really know their situation to much so someone else can describe the UK situation and maybe a junior or young guy who could get one.

Honestly, if I were them, I would give the WCs to someone like Mahut, then Berankis/Harrison/Tomic/Paire etc. Go a veteran and 2 young guys, or 3 young guys, or 2 veterans and another youngsters. They may as well just go best talent and excitement available if they don't have any options from their own country.

samanosuke
06-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Great to see Teimuraz on WC list . I am hoping that I wouldn't see Dimitrov there

rocketassist
06-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Mahut hopefully.

misty1
06-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Evans does not deserve a WC. His results have not shown a level equipped to play a GS.

Boggo could get one, or they may opt to go with a bigger name in qualifying. Boggo is pretty old now and has NOT had a season that truly jumps out as deserving for a WC. Just because he's British doesn't automatically mean he deserves a spot in the draw. Beating Dimitrov and then Feli this week will go a long way.

They may opt for a younger guy whose less proven and been on the scene a little less than Evans has. I don't really know their situation to much so someone else can describe the UK situation and maybe a junior or young guy who could get one.

Honestly, if I were them, I would give the WCs to someone like Mahut, then Berankis/Harrison/Tomic/Paire etc. Go a veteran and 2 young guys, or 3 young guys, or 2 veterans and another youngsters. They may as well just go best talent and excitement available if they don't have any options from their own country.

Honestly i like the idea of giving berankis a wild card, i think he definately deserves one. I would like to see grigor dimitrov get a wild card but thats just the fan boy in me and i know he wont.

Certinfy
06-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Would love to see Krajinovic get a WC, unlike the other youngsters he hasn't even been in a GS yet :(

out_here_grindin
06-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Berankis should get one. He has been playing well lately

Filo V.
06-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Honestly i like the idea of giving berankis a wild card, i think he definately deserves one. I would like to see grigor dimitrov get a wild card but thats just the fan boy in me and i know he wont.

Ricardas just won Nottingham, so he should get one. I would be surprised if he didn't. Thinking more about it now, I'd be pretty upset if Boggo gets one, because he's never done anything with it and he's like 26 or 28, something like that. He doesn't deserve a WC and in any other GS event he wouldn't be considered. The standards would be low if he gets one.

I think another young guy like Harrison or Tomic should get one too. Someone whose young and deserves a shot, and has a legitimate chance of winning.

Mahut deserves one too. And I think Kei might end up making the MD automatically, which would create another opening. Maybe someone like Levine or Ball or Muller could end being another veteran with one.

chowdahead25
06-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Nice to see Gabashvili getting rewarded. Not sure about Kiefer...

misty1
06-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Would love to see Krajinovic get a WC, unlike the other youngsters he hasn't even been in a GS yet :(

berankis hasnt been in a grand slam yet..and i dont count the qualifying as a being in the grand slam

misty1
06-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Ricardas just won Nottingham, so he should get one. I would be surprised if he didn't. Thinking more about it now, I'd be pretty upset if Boggo gets one, because he's never done anything with it and he's like 26 or 28, something like that. He doesn't deserve a WC and in any other GS event he wouldn't be considered. The standards would be low if he gets one.

I think another young guy like Harrison or Tomic should get one too. Someone whose young and deserves a shot, and has a legitimate chance of winning.

Mahut deserves one too. And I think Kei might end up making the MD automatically, which would create another opening. Maybe someone like Levine or Ball or Muller could end being another veteran with one.

im not crazy about harrison or tomic getting one and i dont understand why gabashvili has one when he doent even need it

shouldnt they fix that?

Filo V.
06-07-2010, 08:46 PM
im not crazy about harrison or tomic getting one and i dont understand why gabashvili has one when he doent even need it

shouldnt they fix that?

Gaba does need one, he would have played Q otherwise, and he just came off a 4th round beating Roddick at the French. He should be rewarded.

Tomic/Harrison, those are just two of a lot of younger guys who bring excitement, a big name, and a potential to be competitive. They deserve a shot at playing a GS as kids too, but you can go the veteran route instead.

Also someone brought up Kiefer, he's had good runs at this event, he's coming off of injuries so it isn't like he's just been horrible and why his ranking has slipped, and he brings a big name and potential to win matches also. There aren't many guys more deserving than him.

The Brits have so few players actually warranting a WC that they should just go best talent available.

misty1
06-07-2010, 08:51 PM
I still dont understand why they use a ranking so far ahead of the grand slam itself.

I just think that with only 3 wild cards left if they want to go say..one more youngster, one veteran and one local talent the most deserving youngster at this very moment is berankis

veteran i have no idea..

not sure about the local talent either but i am thinking they'll go with bogdanovic again

i am glad kiefer got one and i hope he gets a nice draw

Certinfy
06-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Krajinovic and Harrison getting the last 2 WC's would be sweet!

Rafter_forever
06-07-2010, 08:54 PM
WC for Evans?
Hopefully WC for Tomic and Dimitrov

misty1
06-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Krajinovic and Harrison getting the last 2 WC's would be sweet!

i like krajinovic but no way in hell does he deserve one if the hypothetical decision on which youngster to give one to is down to him, berankis and tomic

misty1
06-07-2010, 08:57 PM
WC for Evans?
Hopefully WC for Tomic and Dimitrov

would like to see evans get one but i think the only way he will get one is by winning the regional thing and getting into qualifying.

tomic, i dont think so

dimitrov i would love but im not sure if he has any chance at all..maybe a good performance at queens would help

Filo V.
06-07-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't see any local talent that deserves one but hopefully someone from the area can clue me in on that. Guys like Cox or Evans have been around for a bit now and haven't been doing much, so I don't know why you would reward them with a WC for nothing. It's not like Boggo has progressed towards the top 100 like everyone expected, so I don't think he's earned a position either. They probably should go 2 young guys and a veteran. The veteran I would pick would be Mahut or Levine, definitely. And then Berankis and someone else.

I don't know if they put the ranking over the GS, more of the ability to give a good match in the MD and if the rank doesn't allow them direct entry into the event then that player should get a WC for what they have shown they can produce on grass. I think they look for the talent level more than anything, or at least they should.

Smoke944
06-07-2010, 09:00 PM
i like krajinovic but no way in hell does he deserve one if the hypothetical decision on which youngster to give one to is down to him, berankis and tomic

I think you need to realize that Berankis really isn't that young anymore...

Certinfy
06-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Yeah, Berankis will be 20 very soon.

SRM
I thought the LTA etc said Bogdanovic will no longer be getting MD WCs because he's been sqaundering them ever since his first one in 1973. I suppose a good run in Queen's might change this though...

I hope Mahut doesn't get a WC because I want to watch him in Roehampton! ;)

misty1

he's 19 soon to be 20 in what world is that old?

Smoke944
06-07-2010, 09:05 PM
he's 19 soon to be 20 in what world is that old?

In the tennis world 20 really isn't a youngster anymore.

madmax
06-07-2010, 09:07 PM

yet he's still 19 and just recently won a challenger on grass. If there's a teenager who deserves a chance, his name should come up first. But as he said recently, he doesn't expect to get one and is prepared to get into MD by a hard way

misty1
06-07-2010, 09:07 PM
In the tennis world 20 really isn't a youngster anymore.

well fine but grand slam wise he still has yet to get the experience and in terms have having done something to deserve a wild card he is the only one who has done something on grass recently to warrant one among him, tomic, harrison and krajinovic

Filo V.
06-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Filip I don't think deserves a WC over guys like Berankis, Dimitrov, Tomic. Grigor has shown he can play on grass so if he has a good week this week, he may have a chance to get one. Harrison has progressed well and should be in contention.

Smoke944
06-07-2010, 09:12 PM
yet he's still 19 and just recently won a challenger on grass. If there's a teenager who deserves a chance, his name should come up first. But as he said recently, he doesn't expect to get one and is prepared to get into MD by a hard way

For two weeks :lol:
It would be a deserved wild card if he got one (he definitely has the best chance to win a round or two at this point), but he's not all that young anymore.

Chris 84
06-07-2010, 09:23 PM
David Rice, Doctor No himself has a qualifying wc. Awesome news! :D

born_on_clay
06-07-2010, 09:53 PM
give it to Tomic or Krajinovic please

fouc
06-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Actually, I could as well see Teimuraz NOT being rewarded with a WC, so big kudos to British Federation :worship:

FormerRafaFan
06-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Why so many wild cards to Russians? Not that it's a bad thing, just wondering..

Hellraiser
06-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Where the fuck is Boggo?

misty1
06-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Why so many wild cards to Russians? Not that it's a bad thing, just wondering..

kuznetsov won junior wimbledon last year so he gets a wild card this year

gabashvili because of how well he did at the french

fmelonio
06-08-2010, 01:36 AM
Wild Card to André Sá, please!!!

Sá made into QF in the year of 2002!!!

And made into Doubles SF in the year of 2007!!!

emotion
06-08-2010, 01:42 AM
Gabashvili:
The emotional Russian could actually make it inside the top 102 (Or something like that) with any luck at all to get into the main draw by virtue of ranking. What happens then?

smucav
06-08-2010, 02:15 AM
Gabashvili:
The emotional Russian could actually make it inside the top 102 (Or something like that) with any luck at all to get into the main draw by virtue of ranking. What happens then?Gabashvili is #19 on the alternate list for the main draw. It's nearly impossible that he will gain direct entry.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9910816&postcount=1

Lopez
06-08-2010, 05:26 AM
Kontinen got WC to s'Hertogenbosch, maybe to Wimbledon as well :worship:

Ad Wim
06-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Gabashvili is just a joke. They could give it to any guy who did well in the last weeks. Volandri won a challenger last week, should he get one?

marquez
06-08-2010, 09:37 AM
nice choices on the wcs

El_Canas
06-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Gabashvili is just a joke. They could give it to any guy who did well in the last weeks. Volandri won a challenger last week, should he get one?

Agree, well done to Gabashvili last week, but big element of luck of the draw helped him once he had qualified. Koellerer and Zemlja first 2 rounds you couldn't ask for much better. He should have to play qualies for Wimbledon IMO

If the UK wants more higher ranked players they need to help their guys when in the home tourmanents by giving them wild cards - they could also help by putting on more challenger events. I can't imagine many other countries given out the wild cards to mainly foreign players. More interesting for the crowd if they can watch a local player in the first round - most of them won't have heard of Gabashvili.

Kiefer deserves one since he's performed well before and he's only so low because of injuries.

dipankard
06-08-2010, 11:44 AM
What has Kei Nishikori done to get a Wild card?

guille&tati4life
06-08-2010, 12:13 PM
:yeah: Dr No

Duncan
06-08-2010, 02:14 PM
according to 5livetennis twitter feed Boggo wont be getting a WC as he refused to play in DC v Turkey

He has said its disrespectful for the LTA to question his effort when he had his funding cut in december.

smucav
06-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Wild Card Play-offs

Men's Draw:

(1) Evans, D v Willis, Marcus
(WC) Golding, Oliver v Arlidge, Burnham
(3) Bloomfield, R v Pauffley, Neil
(WC) Carpenter, Jack v (WC) Gabb, Richard

(WC) Marsalek, James v Slabinsky, Alexander
(WC) Hewitt, Ashley v (4) Cox, Daniel
Feaver, James v Thornley, Sean
Inglot, Dominic v (2) Milton, J

Tuesday Order of Play:
http://www.lta.org.uk/Global/Downloads/Results/2010/Wimbledon%20Wild%20cards%20-%20play%20offs/Order%20of%20play.pdf

Filo V.
06-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Good to hear Boggo wont get a WC. He's had enough chances. He's been built up enough and constantly failed. Time to move on and cut bait.

Tutu
06-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Come on Dan E., find some form.

Tutu
06-08-2010, 04:40 PM
I actually hope Ricardas doesn't get one. He really should qualify and I want to see him at Roehampton. :p

Bulgaria
06-09-2010, 09:06 AM
There are three more MD WC to give. Aren't they given to a australian, french and US player because of the grand slam agreement between them?

WallaceEMann
06-09-2010, 10:29 AM
No. That agreement only works between the Australian, French and US TAs. Wimbledon isn't involved in it because of the dearth of men's talent.

smucav
06-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Wild Card Play-offs

Tuesday, June 8
First Round
(1) Evans, Daniel d. Willis, Marcus 2-6 6-2 7-6(4)
(WC) Golding, Oliver d. Arlidge, Burnham 6-4 6-7(7) 7-5
Pauffley, Neil d. (3) Bloomfield, Richard 3-6 6-3 6-4
(WC) Carpenter, Jack d. (WC) Gabb, Richard 6-2 7-6(2)
Slabinsky, Alexander d. (WC) Marsalek, James 6-4 6-2
(4) Cox, Daniel d. (WC) Hewitt, Ashley 7-6(7) 6-3
Feaver, James d. Thornley, Sean 6-3 6-2
(2) Milton, Joshua d. Inglot, Dominic 4-6 6-3 6-4

Wednesday Order of Play:
http://www.lta.org.uk/Global/Downloads/Results/2010/Wimbledon%20Wild%20cards%20-%20play%20offs/Order%20of%20play.pdf

156mphserve
06-09-2010, 07:06 PM
What about giving a WC to Frank Dancevic? He made the finals of Eastbourne last year, and has been competitive at Wimbledon before, beating Nalbandian in straights in 08. His ranking probably would have been good enough to get in had it not been for the injury that kept him out for 9 months

Fee
06-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Bob Bryan and Lindsay Davenport are getting a mixed doubles wildcard (yes I know it's not important, but it's still kind of fun).

misty1
06-09-2010, 08:14 PM
What about giving a WC to Frank Dancevic? He made the finals of Eastbourne last year, and has been competitive at Wimbledon before, beating Nalbandian in straights in 08. His ranking probably would have been good enough to get in had it not been for the injury that kept him out for 9 months

no i dont think so there are players that deserve it more

smucav
06-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Wild Card Play-offs

Wednesday, June 9
Quarterfinals
(1) Evans, Daniel d. (WC) Golding, Oliver 6-3 7-5
Pauffley, Neil v (WC) Carpenter, Jack
(4) Cox, Daniel d. Slabinsky, Alexander 4-6 6-4 6-1
Feaver, James v (2) Milton, Joshua

Thursday Order of Play:

misty1
06-10-2010, 08:21 PM
daniel evans and daniel cox in the final

so it will be these 2 who recieve qualifying wild cards

Tutu
06-11-2010, 01:38 AM
no i dont think so there are players that deserve it more
Not really, they may do. They just leave these decisions til the last moment to see how players do on the grass.

I'm glad Dan got a QWC. :worship:

CooCooCachoo
06-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Gabashvili :lol: Cause that's a name that's going to a) attract loads of fans and b) scare anyone in the MD. Granted, he's done well recently, but Dancevic > Gabashvili, surely.

misty1
06-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Gabashvili :lol: Cause that's a name that's going to a) attract loads of fans and b) scare anyone in the MD. Granted, he's done well recently, but Dancevic > Gabashvili, surely.

no, again not really

why grant a guy who's been out with injury a wild card? hes match rusty and did just lose to dustin brown of all people

its better to let dancevic earn his way into wimbledon through qualifying

i am for giving the young players who have yet to make a slam debut in the main draw the wild cards

players like berankis and krajinovic.

smucav
06-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Wild Card Play-offs

Thursday, June 10
Semifinals
(1) Evans, Daniel d. Pauffley, Neil 4-6 6-1 6-2
(4) Cox, Daniel d. (2) Milton, Joshua 6-7(6) 6-4 6-3

156mphserve
06-11-2010, 06:06 PM
if they were to give the Wc to Dancevic then that would give him a chance to defend his points from making the final last year in eastbourne, a chance he won't get if he has to play Wimbledon Qualifying. I don't have anything against giving Gabashvili one but I do think they should give Dancevic one

misty1
06-11-2010, 08:14 PM
if they were to give the Wc to Dancevic then that would give him a chance to defend his points from making the final last year in eastbourne, a chance he won't get if he has to play Wimbledon Qualifying. I don't have anything against giving Gabashvili one but I do think they should give Dancevic one

so he loses the points, chances are this soon into his comeback he wouldnt have had a shot at defending thim anyway.

anyway, they arent giving out any more wild cards they are just going with the next direct acceptance

now there could be withdraws but frank is alternate # 15 so no matter how you look at it he'll have to qualify

Labamba
06-11-2010, 08:44 PM
no more wild cards given

the three spots go to next direct acceptances

http://aeltc2010.wimbledon.org/en_GB/pdf/2010_wildcards.pdf

roberthenman
06-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Dan Evans :rocker:

Gabashvili wc to Md :haha: ......prefer to Dan :sad:

Filo V.
06-12-2010, 02:52 AM
They should have given Mahut a WC.

Horatio Caine
06-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Anything to do with British mens tennis these days pisses me off. Not giving out the other 3 WCs is a pathetic decision imo. They did that last year, and look what happened...they invited Canas of all players into the main draw. It's a good thing that Odesnik has been suspended, otherwise a similar thing could have happened again (would have been ranked around the cut-off).

There are a handful of international players they could have given WCs to. Yes, they might not actually win a match (but would you expect any more from Kunitsyn, Kavcic?), but they would have been more interesting to watch. Certainly Mahut could have been one such choice.

misty1
06-12-2010, 12:11 PM
yeah they really should have given those other 3 wild cards away, but they probably didnt because they couldnt find any more home talent to give them to. Not that it matters because its not like all of them aside from andy murray wont fall in the first round anyway

CooCooCachoo
06-13-2010, 07:56 AM
no, again not really

why grant a guy who's been out with injury a wild card? hes match rusty and did just lose to dustin brown of all people

its better to let dancevic earn his way into wimbledon through qualifying

i am for giving the young players who have yet to make a slam debut in the main draw the wild cards

players like berankis and krajinovic.

I am not saying Dancevic should be given a WC; I am saying he is more deserving than Gabashvili. Grass is his best surface, he has done well in the UK, has done reasonably well at Wimbledon.

CooCooCachoo
06-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Anything to do with British mens tennis these days pisses me off. Not giving out the other 3 WCs is a pathetic decision imo. They did that last year, and look what happened...they invited Canas of all players into the main draw. It's a good thing that Odesnik has been suspended, otherwise a similar thing could have happened again (would have been ranked around the cut-off).

There are a handful of international players they could have given WCs to. Yes, they might not actually win a match (but would you expect any more from Kunitsyn, Kavcic?), but they would have been more interesting to watch. Certainly Mahut could have been one such choice.

Agreed. And even if they give WCs to British players, there certainly will be a better ambiance at those matches than at any match involving Kavcic or Kunitsyn.

They could have gone with Mahut, Dent, Koubek. Players that are not hopeless on grass and are (reasonably) known to the public. Heck, even good grass court players like Zverev, Mannarino and Reynolds would do. Or Devvarman, who could generate some interest among Indians living in/near London and who did well at RG. According to me, all these choices would be better than having Kavcic and Kunitsyn in.

Kournikovaism
06-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Or give one to Niland jeez would be payback for those years of occupation :angel:

Like the Yugo countries all give each other wildcards in events.

156mphserve
06-13-2010, 08:49 PM
and 2 of the people who were probably deserving of WC's have to play in the first round of Qualies, Dancevic and Mahut:rolleyes:

pesto
06-13-2010, 10:42 PM
I dislike the laziness of 'next direct acceptance'.

I don't really mind who gets them - young players, players who've done well in the past, home players, players from countries we're affiliated with, players who've had a good recent run of form. But just opting out and lowering the cut-point by 3 places seems futile.

jake270392
06-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Whats happened to James Ward, his not in qualifying and Joshua Milton has taken his Wild Card. I know he is playing Eastbourne so does this mean his been awarded a Wild Card into main draw or has he been force to withdraw because of Eastbourne.

I think it will be quite stupid of him to withdraw from Wimby qualies if he hasn't been awarded a Main Draw wild card considering his draw at Eastbourne isn't the best.

Tonkie13
06-14-2010, 04:47 PM
and 2 of the people who were probably deserving of WC's have to play in the first round of Qualies, Dancevic and Mahut:rolleyes:

Dancevic ok, but Mahut:(

nole_no1
06-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Mahut beat the hell out of Dancevic and you say Dancevic should receive a WC and Mahut not?:spit:

156mphserve
06-14-2010, 05:12 PM
I think both of them should have got one;)

tennis fan474
06-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Whats happened to James Ward, his not in qualifying and Joshua Milton has taken his Wild Card. I know he is playing Eastbourne so does this mean his been awarded a Wild Card into main draw or has he been force to withdraw because of Eastbourne.

I think it will be quite stupid of him to withdraw from Wimby qualies if he hasn't been awarded a Main Draw wild card considering his draw at Eastbourne isn't the best.

Maybe he got Nishikori's WC (who reached MD with his PR).

smucav
06-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Maybe he got Nishikori's WC (who reached MD with his PR).False: Nishikori was still on the main draw alternate list when it closed & is only in the main draw by wild card:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9910816&postcount=1

Whats happened to James Ward, his not in qualifying and Joshua Milton has taken his Wild Card. I know he is playing Eastbourne so does this mean his been awarded a Wild Card into main draw or has he been force to withdraw because of Eastbourne.Ward was still playing in Eastbourne at the time of the Wimbledon qualifying draw so his wild card went to another player:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9910818&postcount=1

lalaland
06-17-2010, 04:40 AM
I'm a bit confused here. Now that Ward is doing so well in Eastbourne, many here think/said he therefore will get a WC. But I thought there's no more WCs left, am I mistaken? Nalby has allegedly withdrawn (haven't heard any official announcement yet), so if his spot open up, does that give Wimby official another chance to award WC? or that spot will go to direct acceptance alternate (or LL if he withdraw after the draw)? Anyone knows?

chowdahead25
06-17-2010, 07:13 AM
I feel like it's a crime if Ward doesnt get one now. Farthest a non Murray brit has gone in a tourney in five years I'd guess:lol:

smucav
06-17-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm a bit confused here. Now that Ward is doing so well in Eastbourne, many here think/said he therefore will get a WC. But I thought there's no more WCs left, am I mistaken? Nalby has allegedly withdrawn (haven't heard any official announcement yet), so if his spot open up, does that give Wimby official another chance to award WC? or that spot will go to direct acceptance alternate (or LL if he withdraw after the draw)? Anyone knows?Late withdrawals are replaced by lucky losers, not alternates.

lalaland
06-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Late withdrawals are replaced by lucky losers, not alternates.

Thanks.