"Everything flows", says Heraclitus, and so does this thread :awww: Rafachat vol 58 [Archive] - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

"Everything flows", says Heraclitus, and so does this thread :awww: Rafachat vol 58

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

JolánGagó
06-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Feldman, please teach JM how to suck his own balls, he needs help.

acionescu
06-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Linda, do you have a link to the Queens pics? :lazy: :incompetent: :not a true fan: :o

l_mac
06-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Linda, do you have a link to the Queens pics? :lazy: :incompetent: :not a true fan: :o

:lol:

JolánGagó
06-07-2010, 07:14 PM
JM :rolleyes:. I highly doubt Carlita and Jolan carry out on-going secret PM conversations. Anyone can read anything, these are open forums. Don't go overboard.

Oh don't bother with JM, Melannie, he doesn't believe that crap himself. He's just desperately seeking attention for his seldom sucked balls.

MariaV
06-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Oh don't bother with JM, Melannie, he doesn't believe that crap himself. He's just desperately seeking attention for his seldom sucked balls.

:yeah: I don't want to sound obsessed but I have to say that JM also seems to have severe reading comprehension problems. :awww:
You can tell me if there are any of his posts that should be reported. I'll even take him off the ignore for that. :D

acionescu
06-07-2010, 07:24 PM
He looks tired :awww:

Thanks Linda :worship:

JolánGagó
06-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Im not feeling very well, I have 37.5ºC now :o

acionescu
06-07-2010, 08:00 PM
:lol: that's a penas una calentura :o

EDIT: are you sure you're not just reading the bottle label? :D

l_mac
06-07-2010, 08:11 PM
What a lunatic, this ROLAND GARROS CHAMPION AND WORLD #1:

Rafael Nadal is just incredible. He just practiced for 20 minutes, on grass, in the pouring rain at the AEGON Championships.

He walked out on court just after the groundsman had taken the nets down! Groundsman Graham Kimpton: "He doesn't want to play does he?"

Graham put the net back up, and as the rain hammered down, Rafa smashed the ball back and forth for 20 minutes. Looked in great shape.

Rafa was given a round of applause by the other players when he arrived in the locker room.

After practicing, Rafa did an interview and actually thanked the tournament organisers for letting him play on the courts in the rain! haha.

http://twitter.com/DavidLawTennis

tennizen
06-07-2010, 08:26 PM
:lol: Playing in the rain is fun:shrug:

l_mac
06-07-2010, 08:28 PM
It's v slippy and dangerous on grass :scared:

Have you played on grass, Hema?

Smoke944
06-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Yes, it's fun for me but then again Rafa has a little bit more riding on his being healthy than me :p

rocketassist
06-07-2010, 08:30 PM
See how many times Baker slipped in the first set before? About 10 :lol:

tennizen
06-07-2010, 08:32 PM
It's v slippy and dangerous on grass :scared:

Have you played on grass, Hema?

I forgot about the grass:o

Never seen a grass court except on TV:lol:

l_mac
06-07-2010, 08:38 PM
See how many times Baker slipped in the first set before? About 10 :lol:

I only got to see Boggo this afternoon. He looked magnificent.

Rafa looks in good spirits, but then why wouldn't he?

acionescu
06-07-2010, 08:50 PM
I o0nly got to see Boggo this afternoon. He looked magnificent.

Of course :hug:

l_mac
06-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Of course :hug:

Spare me your hater rhetoric. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/angry/talktothehand.gif

acionescu
06-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Did he get a Wimby WC? Or he has to qualify(yeah, right :lol: ) :awww:

l_mac
06-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Did he get a Wimby WC? Or he has to qualify(yeah, right :lol: ) :awww:

:rolleyes:

You know he's not allowed them anymore.

Still, the All England Club will have to give him a WC when he gets to the Queens final.

-Evita-
06-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Still, the All England Club will have to give him a WC when he gets to the Queens final.

I hope he isn't in the same half as Rafa.

acionescu
06-07-2010, 09:19 PM
I hope he isn't in the same half as Rafa.

Boggo needs it more :shrug:

acionescu
06-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Apparently Dent missed 4 MPs => me losing my doubles match :rolleyes: => Dent=:retard:

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 09:24 PM
meanwhile i keep rolling on :cool:

Hi Evita :)

l_mac
06-07-2010, 09:25 PM
^^ :lol:

acionescu
06-07-2010, 09:35 PM
meanwhile i keep rolling on :cool:

It's easier when Betty is doing the picks :ras:

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 09:36 PM
:lol: Betty

her Mum had to scold Bet's Dad and Francy since they were shouting forza inter and forza juve over the dinner table at the beach house today

what a little beast

Minn
06-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Not at all. That's why I'm dreading the results.

To get a federal government, you need a majority on the Walloon side and you need a majority on the Flemish side. This complicates things when you don't see eye to eye.

On the Flemish side, the political party who, according to polls, is going to run away with the elections is N-VA, a party (even though they do not always say it word for word but it's their end goal) that's aiming for Flemish independance. Something I find quite insane as an idea. Flanders independent. :cuckoo:

Some of the Walloon politicians and media are ridiculing this politician De Wever (from N-VA) and all this does is give him more votes in Flanders. What a complicated situation. This De Wever getting a landslide victory on the Flemish side will probably cause even more division in the country as the Walloons might feel even more resentful and the Flemish political leaders may be even more unwilling to compromise. Let me know what happens on Sunday, please.

Normally, politicians would love to position themselves at the center, precisely because it is a position that leads to power and/or power sharing agreements (and the perks that follow). In polarization times though, it may make sense to position at the extremes, because you get the extreme votes with certainty while positioning at the center would not be likely to lead to a participation in power coalitions.

This little theory assumes, of course, that politicians are calculateing bastards aiming to maximize their chances of grabbing power. Thanks for the updates. You mean that may not be an accurate statement but just an assumption? :lol:

:eek: President Obama was in "Whoomp, There It is"? That pic does look a bit like him. I was too scared to click on that link, though. I heard that on the radio this morning and saw it on the internet a little while later. It does look like him. :lol:

:lol: Betty

her Mum had to scold Bet's Dad and Francy since they were shouting forza inter and forza juve over the dinner table at the beach house today

what a little beast :lol: Cute!

Andreea, did you notice the red shirt he's wearing in the pictures Linda posted above? There are better shots the Queens thread. It's that flower symbol you were talking about yesterday. Have you found out what brand it is?

-Evita-
06-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Boggo needs it more :shrug:

Of course. I'd pay good money to see Linda root for Boggo against Rafa in Queens semi final :lol:

Hi Evita :)

Hi Mikey :)

christallh24
06-07-2010, 10:13 PM
obsessed much ?

No, not yet.

What? I'm talking about Boggo in Wim 2006 R1.

I assume you are talking about Dimitrov in Rotterdam. Not impressive at all given how shit Rafa played that whole tournament.

I was unsure. That's why I said "was it not?". Yeah, Rafa did suck. He really should have been there in the first place.

There are already pics of him at Queens :shrug:

I hadn't checked yet. Thanks for posting those.

Why would he do something like practice in the rain? He could've hurt himself. Is he playing Wednesday?

rocketassist
06-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Did he get the Eurotunnel? That's quite a pain in the arse, especially coming here from France, they treat you like war prisoners at border controls.

star
06-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Me watching Queens. Petru comes into the room :confused: Mom, why is it green? It was orange until yesterday.... :confused:

:rolls: :awww:

He is adorable! But you know if he were a little girl he would be saying it was an orangey burnt umber yesterday. :lol:

What a lunatic, this ROLAND GARROS CHAMPION AND WORLD #1:

http://twitter.com/DavidLawTennis

He is so :hearts: :inlove: :hearts: there aren't smilies to describe it. Thanked them for letting him play in the rain. :apuddle:

christallh24
06-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Is Rafa leaving Nike or something? Did anyone ever discover what brand of clothing are those shirts?

l_mac
06-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Did he get the Eurotunnel? That's quite a pain in the arse, especially coming here from France, they treat you like war prisoners at border controls.

Nadal? Yes, he caught the train from EuroDisney.

Nathaliia
06-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Hahaha anytime I went to UK by bus I saw these poor British dudes painfully controlled by the Frenchies while the other tourists had merely their passport checked in a lazy fashion.

I bought some Babolat balls to start learning tennis (yes, to win journalist cup during Szczecin challenger is my goal... even if I'm the only woman against the dudes!) and there was Nadal's face on it, and my dad said, "See, it must be something good, otherwise he wouldn't put his face on it"

Awwww, adverts :awww:

star
06-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Hahaha anytime I went to UK by bus I saw these poor British dudes painfully controlled by the Frenchies while the other tourists had merely their passport checked in a lazy fashion.

I bought some Babolat balls to start learning tennis (yes, to win journalist cup during Szczecin challenger is my goal... even if I'm the only woman against the dudes!) and there was Nadal's face on it, and my dad said, "See, it must be something good, otherwise he wouldn't put his face on it"

Awwww, adverts :awww:

:yeah: Your dad.

elessar
06-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Andrea :rolleyes: they're NIke's GS polos.
http://www.nike.com/sportswear/global/features/gspolo/pdf/GS_Polo_Brochure_Digital.pdf

Bibberz
06-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Merton don't you dare change the title to something unpleasing :armed:

Maybe we should stick to "Rafa fangirls and Fedtard fans"

*nervous*

Thread titles:

Merton launches a coup, takes over thread
The important question is how many functional brain cells we have
Rafa Nadal winning 5th RG title
Observers from the MENSA Society follow the thread
"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius"
Grass season starts :joy: Roger Federer is the king
Belmondo is the Man and Boggo is the Grass Master

:mad: :mad: :mad: You were right to be nervous, Linda. Merton is dangerous.

These Greeks cannot be trusted--first Xristos (Purplegate), then Metis (Snookergate), and now Merton (Rogelina-love-in-the-title-gate).

I fear Getta will turn on us next. :tears:

Minn
06-08-2010, 12:46 AM

Awwww, adverts :awww: Good luck, Nathii. And like Star said, :yeah: for your dad.

These Greeks cannot be trusted--first Xristos (Purplegate), then Metis (Snookergate), and now Merton (Rogelina-love-in-the-title-gate).

I fear Getta will turn on us next. :tears: :lol:

Claire, I thought I had quoted you too. Anyway, thanks for the information about Nike. I was wondering too.

Getta
06-08-2010, 01:49 AM

after examining my mouth and throat area, Snoo is ready to issue the certificate of harmlessness in triplicate. detailed plan and topographical map are to be attached, also in triplicate, with the certificate in case the authorities request from her that she discloses the facts she knows that are necessary to evaluate my case. :yeah:

yet, however, clear you think my case has been, a number of important details remain open to question. for instance, why does Snoo insist on microchipping me? :scratch:

star
06-08-2010, 02:24 AM
Good luck, Nathii. And like Star said, :yeah: for your dad.

Claire, I thought I had quoted you too. Anyway, thanks for the information about Nike. I was wondering too.

You were right about the swooshes.

star
06-08-2010, 02:26 AM
after examining my mouth and throat area, Snoo is ready to issue the certificate of harmlessness in triplicate. detailed plan and topographical map are to be attached, also in triplicate, with the certificate in case the authorities request from her that she discloses the facts she knows that are necessary to evaluate my case. :yeah:

yet, however, clear you think my case has been, a number of important details remain open to question. for instance, why does Snoo insist on microchipping me? :scratch:

A certificate of harmlessness from Snoo should calm us? :scared:

Snoo Foo
06-08-2010, 03:10 AM
why does Snoo insist on microchipping me? :scratch:

so we can find you again in case you try to run away are separated from us through some catastrophic event

my dad had one rule of parenting: "i'm not looking at any cuts and I'm not looking in anyone's mouth."

Castafiore
06-08-2010, 07:08 AM
What a complicated situation. This De Wever getting a landslide victory on the Flemish side will probably cause even more division in the country as the Walloons might feel even more resentful and the Flemish political leaders may be even more unwilling to compromise.
Indeed. :help:

The news on the radio this morning started with the media in other countries warning about an upcoming chaos in Belgium (calling it "the Greece of the North"). The financial markets have reacted nervously to the situation here.

To settle people's minds, Bart De Wever is going to organise an international press conference today. To explain what he stands for and to explain that there's no reason for panic.

One of the problems other politicians face with this De Wever is that he's smart and he knows his stuff. In The Netherlands, Geert Wilders is losing credibility because his lack of deep knowledge about various issues tends to shine through in debates. De Wever can usually outsmart most of the others in debates. He's quick with words and he knows what he's talking about.

I'm against Flemish indepedency because I want this country to stay. However, this situation is not sustainable. That much is clear. It's getting worse and worse. Just about every other country in Europe is planning severe cutbacks to counter the damaging effects of the financial and economic crisis and we're doing nothing because we're still arguing over the structure of our country.
So, if every decision on a federal level is made impossible because when one side makes a suggestion, the other side says "no" on principle, maybe we really do need to seperate. We can't go on any longer. This is why De Wever is getting more and more votes: better go our seperate ways than to keep on digging our own grave.

A British journalist from The Economist wrote his viewpoint on it (I read it in my newspaper this morning) and he says that people are underestimating that smack in the middle of Belgium, there's a frontier, a clash between the more nordic and germanic way of life (more structured, more discipline) and the southern, more latin (as in romance languages,...) culture (which is more loose, more laissez-faire/laissez-aller, less structured).

Bibberz
06-08-2010, 07:45 AM
I heard this on the radio the other day, and now I can't get it out of my head:

bVL3b1wKZQU

:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

Somebody told me that it was on Glee a week or two ago. I bet that's why the radio station played it. :(

Fuck off, Glee. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0244.gifhttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0244.gifhttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0244.gif

Peta Pan
06-08-2010, 08:27 AM

bVL3b1wKZQU

Somebody told me that it was on Glee a week or two ago. I bet that's why the radio station played it. :(

Fuck off, Glee. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0244.gifhttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0244.gifhttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0244.gif

I concur! Every time I'm watching something on Glee's channel here I get some 3 minute ad for the show featuring the main song from that weeks episode. I don't know how many times I had to listen to Olivia Newton John's Physical a few weeks ago, and Safety Dance last week :help: Worst was to come this week when I'm coping bloody Lady Gaga :mad:

adee-gee
06-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Linda....

Wimbledon TT? Will you promise not to forget to send? :awww:

In other news....
17:23 | 1) Dupuis2006/Forever-Delayed (CAN/GBR) v. adee-gee/Snoo Foo (BLR/USA)
:sport: :sport: :sport:

Action Jackson
06-08-2010, 08:33 AM

bVL3b1wKZQU

Glee needs to fuck off especially with the murderation of the Safety Dance.

FormerRafaFan
06-08-2010, 08:58 AM
LOL.. Why does everyone hate Glee?

I like the show, though I'm not exactly a HUGE fan. Still, it's a nice show with lots of good music, and a lot of tearful moments too. Did you watch Rachel with that paralyzed guy? OMG, that was heartbreaking. Had tears in my eyes, like I do with most scenes between Kurt and his dad.

Castafiore
06-08-2010, 09:03 AM
I've never seen Glee.

Let me wikipedia the show:
Glee is an American musical comedy-drama television series that airs on Fox in the United States. It focuses on a high school show choir called "New Directions", at the fictional William McKinley High School in Lima, Ohio, and although largely realistic, also employs fantasy elements.

:scratch: musical comedy-drama? What a concept.

Peta Pan
06-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Glee needs to fuck off especially with the murderation of the Safety Dance.
:lol: I thought of you when that ad was being shown every 5 minutes... and not because I thought you wanted to join in the dance ;) :p
I've never seen Glee.

Glee is an American musical comedy-drama television series that airs on Fox in the United States. It focuses on a high school show choir called "New Directions", at the fictional William McKinley High School in Lima, Ohio, and although largely realistic, also employs fantasy elements.

Yeah.. too many genres in one for me :unsure:

People at work keep asking me if I've watched it yet. I did watch one episode and, well that was too much for me. Everyone seems obsessed with it :help:

Action Jackson
06-08-2010, 09:25 AM
:lol: I thought of you when that ad was being shown every 5 minutes... and not because I thought you wanted to join in the dance ;) :p

When they start covering Spandau Ballet, Gary Numan or the Sex Pistols then you know it's bad.

Peta Pan
06-08-2010, 09:29 AM
When they start covering Spandau Ballet, Gary Numan or the Sex Pistols then you know it's bad.

Don't even GO there! I'll be ruined for life :p

-Evita-
06-08-2010, 09:42 AM
I've never seen Glee.

I wonder what those fantasy elements are :lol: Something like a fairy tale? Or sci-fi?

Action Jackson
06-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Don't even GO there! I'll be ruined for life :p

I survived 3 horrible weeks in May-June 1999, but this would be hard to recover from.

Saumon
06-08-2010, 10:02 AM
I missed all the fun :bigcry:

MariaV
06-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Gab! :wavey: You want to say you missed all the RG drama? :o :lol: Rafa got his title back so all is well in the end. :lol: :D

MariaV
06-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Mistaflava back in Livescores :speakles: :hysteric: :hearts: :inlove: :worship:

Saumon
06-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Gab! :wavey: You want to say you missed all the RG drama? :o :lol: Rafa got his title back so all is well in the end. :lol: :D

Yeah, Soderling beating Roger this time and Rafa getting RG and the number 1 ranking back. :worship:
The RG coverage was craptastic in the US. They only showed the Williams sisters, even their doubles matches :zzz:

At least Kelly Slater (who had just been to RG) was on my plane. :drool:

MariaV
06-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah, Soderling beating Roger this time and Rafa getting RG and the number 1 ranking back. :worship:
The RG coverage was craptastic in the US. They only showed the Williams sisters, even their doubles matches :zzz:

At least Kelly Slater (who had just been to RG) was on my plane. :drool:

:eek: Wow. And you're back in France now?

Castafiore
06-08-2010, 12:26 PM
How was your trip, Gab?

During my lunch break, I saw a book in the Fnac store in the English language section with the title "1000 years of annoying the French", written by a British author. The author claimed that the French have a tendency to be creative when telling their history.

Example: apparently, the French like to boast that they're the last to actually reach British soil for an invasion/war, something even Hitler didn't manage. The author says that the French seem to forget about William The Conquerer.

Catchy title, though. ;)

I'm sure the Brits (or any other nation with a bit of history behind it for that matter) get just as creative at times.

elessar
06-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Stephen Clarke wrote lots of books about the French/France from a British POV. Some of them are actually quite funny because you can tell he actually spent a lot of time in France (I think he lives in Paris now) and knows what he's talking about.

Peta Pan
06-08-2010, 12:45 PM
and I completely missed where you went Gab... where in the US was your trip to? and welcome back! I was thinking about you this morning actually cos I noticed I hadn't seen you post lately.

Castafiore
06-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Yes, that's what they say in the amazon reviews as well. I just found it a nice title for a book.

elessar
06-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Boggo :sad:
Still great effort, taking Dimitrov to 3 sets is no mean feat :hug:

JolánGagó
06-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Im bored, I need some shit to stir :o

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7820/stir.gif

acionescu
06-08-2010, 12:58 PM
I survived 3 horrible weeks in May-June 1999, but this would be hard to recover from.

I was just asking myself what bothered you in 2009 :p RogiGOAT winning RG? :D

elessar
06-08-2010, 01:00 PM
1999, Andrea :hug: Probably Baldy winning Roland.

Saumon
06-08-2010, 01:04 PM
:eek: Wow. And you're back in France now?
Yes. I'm waiting for jet-lag to kick in. :scared:
How was your trip, Gab?
It was nice. :p
During my lunch break, I saw a book in the Fnac store in the English language section with the title "1000 years of annoying the French", written by a British author. The author claimed that the French have a tendency to be creative when telling their history.

Example: apparently, the French like to boast that they're the last to actually reach British soil for an invasion/war, something even Hitler didn't manage. The author says that the French seem to forget about William The Conquerer.

Catchy title, though. ;)

I'm sure the Brits (or any other nation with a bit of history behind it for that matter) get just as creative at times.
Guillaume le Conquérant was from Normandy, that's in France. :shrug: :p
and I completely missed where you went Gab... where in the US was your trip to? and welcome back! I was thinking about you this morning actually cos I noticed I hadn't seen you post lately.
I was in California.
Boggo :sad:
Still great effort, taking Dimitrov to 3 sets is no mean feat :hug:
Grigoat :rocker2:
Is it true he doesn't work with Lundgren anymore? :awww:

acionescu
06-08-2010, 01:04 PM
He edited :ras:

elessar
06-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Apparently it is, his new coach is McNamara :awww:

acionescu
06-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Boggo :tears: Linda must be devastated :hug:

Castafiore
06-08-2010, 01:08 PM
It was nice. :p
Great.

Quite an elaborate answer, though. Stop it already with the endless details about your trip.

MariaV
06-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Grigoat :rocker2:
Is it true he doesn't work with Lundgren anymore? :awww:

Yeah I kinda heard on ES last night he has a new coach now but I wasn't paying too much attention, so I was also wondering why they split :o

Saumon
06-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Apparently it is, his new coach is McNamara :awww:
:sad:

I've just noticed something was off with your sig. :rolleyes: Also the animal in your avatar looks more like a bull than a pigeon.

elessar
06-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Linda made me change my sig and avy, told me they were "stale" :crying2: It was a very traumatic moment for me.

Saumon
06-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Great.

Quite an elaborate answer, though. Stop it already with the endless details about your trip.

:p

We went to the beach the first day and I got sunburnt because I had left my sunscreen at the hotel. We went to Hollywood and Disneyland and more beaches. I came back with a cold because of AC.
And did I mention Kelly Slater was on the plane? :drool:

Castafiore
06-08-2010, 01:14 PM
It was a very traumatic moment for me.
You're handling it with grace, though.

Castafiore
06-08-2010, 01:14 PM
And did I mention Kelly Slater was on the plane? :drool:
No idea who Kelly Slater is.

Googling...surfer dude...not bad.

Saumon
06-08-2010, 01:17 PM
He is the surfing GOAT.

elessar
06-08-2010, 01:28 PM
You're handling it with grace, though.
No idea who Kelly Slater is.

Googling...surfer dude...not bad.
Swimmers and surfers have the best bodies in Sport :drool:

Peta Pan
06-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Also used to be in Baywatch... not that I watched Baywatch! Just saying he was in it. All the girls were in love with him when I was at school (which was quite a while ago). Gee Kelly must be getting on a bit in age now!

star
06-08-2010, 01:35 PM
How was your trip, Gab?

Catchy title, though. ;)

My favorite humorous things about France are from David Sedaris, an American writer/humorist. He grew up in the south as a strange boy who did imitations of Billie Holliday. He moved to France with his French boyfriend not knowing any French. He wrote a book called "Me Talk Pretty One Day" about his experiences. Now he lives in Paris.

I like it because it isn't making fun of the French, but of himself and Americans in general. He's featured in the third act of this TAL program. You can just slide through the first part if you don't want to listen to the rest.
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/173/Three-Kinds-of-Deception
I was looking for him reading about his French classes. That's hysterical. But, this is good too. Or maybe only really funny if you are an American laughing at other Americans. :D

elessar
06-08-2010, 01:36 PM
He's still in the prime of his life (38) :awww:

Saumon
06-08-2010, 01:37 PM
He has aged a bit (he is 38) but his ass still looks damn fine. :drool: And of course his eyes... :inlove:

Peta Pan
06-08-2010, 01:42 PM
He's still in the prime of his life (38) :awww:
I like hearing things like that when I'm starting to feel old myself. I've still got some prime left too then :) :)

I just can't believe he's still around now when he was such a big star way back when I was in school :tape:
He has aged a bit (he is 38) but his ass still looks damn fine. :drool: And of course his eyes... :inlove:
I just looked at some photos and yeah he is still looking pretty good considering the age. I guess surfers are never going to look too bad since they are always in good shape :drool:

acionescu
06-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Where is the hair gone ? :tears:

I remember seeing some pics of him very long time ago and I'm pretty sure he had hair :(

Saumon
06-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Yes he had hair back in the early 90's. He has had his head shaved for a long time tho. He was wearing a straw hat at the airport but that didn't fool me. :cool:

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 01:51 PM
that Kelly was at roland garros, he was interviewed by ES

Monf is hurt

elessar
06-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Greul baggeled on grass by Denko after the guy didn't play for 4 months :spit:

star
06-08-2010, 01:54 PM
People at work keep asking me if I've watched it yet. I did watch one episode and, well that was too much for me. Everyone seems obsessed with it :help:

It's sort of a rip off of that Summer Heights High series from NZ. I loved Summer Heights High. Lots of young people are in love with Glee.

JolánGagó
06-08-2010, 01:55 PM
My favorite humorous things about France are from David Sedaris, an American writer/humorist.:D

Damn funny, luv his self-deprecating books on deep America.

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 01:58 PM
cya Gael

Peta Pan
06-08-2010, 01:59 PM
It's sort of a rip off of that Summer Heights High series from NZ. I loved Summer Heights High. Lots of young people are in love with Glee.

Summer Heights High is Australian. I haven't seen it because I don't care for Chris Lilley's humour - but I didn't think of it as a musical. Apparently I know less about the show than I already thought :o

I know older people that love Glee too :tape: It's pretty much everywhere :rolleyes:

acionescu
06-08-2010, 02:03 PM
I hate musicals :(

Action Jackson
06-08-2010, 02:04 PM

:yeah:

Castafiore
06-08-2010, 02:08 PM
The French have chosen their surface for the next Davis Cup clash against Spain.

No prizes for guessing...

it'll be the fastest indoor surface they can use, barely meeting the ITF regulations.

Peta Pan
06-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Well I don't hate musicals... Hairspray is one of my favourite movies and I REALLY want to go see it in the theatre cos it's showing here in a few months.

I don't like musicals in the form of a TV show though, it all seems pretty silly :unsure:

Saumon
06-08-2010, 02:10 PM
:yeah:
Georgie using a smiley! :eek:
The French have chosen their surface for the next Davis Cup clash against Spain.

No prizes for guessing...

it'll be the fastest indoor surface they can use, barely meeting the ITF regulations.

WHAAAAAT?!?! They didn't pick clay??? :speakles: It will be in Clermont, right? :yawn:

Castafiore
06-08-2010, 02:12 PM
WHAAAAAT?!?! They didn't pick clay??? :speakles:
Yes, I know. I'm shocked as well.

It will be in Clermont, right? :yawn:
Yup.

Action Jackson
06-08-2010, 02:15 PM
They will still choke Hilde.

Castafiore
06-08-2010, 02:18 PM
We can hope.

elessar
06-08-2010, 02:19 PM
How would us losing be a choke :lol: Appart from Tsonga, who is actually good on really fast surfaces? Simon is injured, Monfils has barely played lately and has been dreadful and Richard :tape:

elessar
06-08-2010, 02:20 PM
The only thing that would be a choke would be us not winning the doubles.

elessar
06-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Hilde, that Bemelmans guy really looks like a blond Lopez.

Castafiore
06-08-2010, 02:23 PM
You think? :scratch:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5606/bem.jpg

elessar
06-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Hmmm, maybe not in that pic.

It's like they could be brothers :eek:
http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/feliciano-2.jpg vs http://www.rtbf.be/sport/sites/rtbf-sport/files/imagecache/DetailImage/node_images/bemel_0.jpg

acionescu
06-08-2010, 02:42 PM
The awsome BH looks the same to me :o

Getta
06-08-2010, 03:37 PM

let's just hope not.

JolánGagó
06-08-2010, 03:38 PM
OMG that lololita what a troll!!! :haha:

i think it's habibko's DA, it sounds like him :scared: :bolt:

tennizen
06-08-2010, 03:39 PM
She's really good that one:worship:

Where are Linda and Claire? They are missing out on all the GM fun:(

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 03:46 PM
BOL Bemelmans you gay looker

take Kohly out Fed's quarter

l_mac
06-08-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm here with a severe headache so I'm going back to bed :sad: Just wanted to say how gutted I am for Boggo :tears: Can't believe it. Bloody rain :mad:

acionescu
06-08-2010, 03:47 PM
let's just hope not.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tennizen
06-08-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm here with a severe headache so I'm going back to bed :sad: Just wanted to say how gutted I am for Boggo :tears: Can't believe it. Bloody rain :mad:

:hug: Maybe you should re-watch the RG final or the Gypsy video:hug:

acionescu
06-08-2010, 03:57 PM
....or a match that Boggo won. It must be one in his entire carreer, no? :unsure:

MariaV
06-08-2010, 03:58 PM

That's an insult to beautiful Feliciano, I'd say. :o
Not sure about the BH Andreea, haven't watched the match enough. :lol:

:hug: Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

MariaV
06-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Monfils the clown :haha:

-Evita-
06-08-2010, 04:01 PM
I picked Monfils for TT but I don't know if it's a difference :( Let's hope it isn't :scared:

Getta
06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i thought only ":cuckoo:" was used by my pals as a sign of peace or, even, as a symbol of love. :scratch:

Merton
06-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Boggo :sad: His best is yet to come. :wavey: everybody.

bokehlicious
06-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Don't know why I even bother reading back on here :lol:, this place stinks more and more every day... Can't wait for Rafa to suck again and see the fangirls cry their hearts again, they're a tad less boring than when he's winning :angel:

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 04:26 PM
thread in GM for you JMate

Nadal said he is better than Federer in movement, tactics and his 5 RG titles >> 16 GS's

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Murray to serve

*15-0
*15-15

thats it i'm not watching anymore

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 04:37 PM
GSM Kohlschreiber 7-6 6-7 6-4

fed is gonna regret that later in the week

Hi Melanie, looking forward to some NBA finals tonight

MariaV
06-08-2010, 04:42 PM

Nadal said he is better than Federer in movement, tactics and his 5 RG titles >> 16 GS's

Mikey Mikey baby, that's not what Rafa said and you know that. :p

MariaV
06-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Hello, JM. How are you doing today? Good, I hope.

JM seems to be sour and intolerable during the clay court season, maybe when Fediva wins a title again he'll feel better and stop trolling. :shrug:

Merton
06-08-2010, 04:47 PM
You mean that [politicians being calculating bastards] may not be an accurate statement but just an assumption? :lol:

Apart from a small set of altruists, there are alos those who are social and extract pleasure from public recognition and acknowledgment.

No love at all, just a true statement. This is an exceptional thread to host such a title in Rafa's forum, there is no doubt that "Clay Season starts and Nadal is the King of Clay" (an equally true statement) would never appear as a title anywhere in Roger's forum.

Why Snoo and why prove harmlessness?

Indeed. :help:

The news on the radio this morning started with the media in other countries warning about an upcoming chaos in Belgium (calling it "the Greece of the North"). The financial markets have reacted nervously to the situation here.

To settle people's minds, Bart De Wever is going to organise an international press conference today. To explain what he stands for and to explain that there's no reason for panic.

One of the problems other politicians face with this De Wever is that he's smart and he knows his stuff. In The Netherlands, Geert Wilders is losing credibility because his lack of deep knowledge about various issues tends to shine through in debates. De Wever can usually outsmart most of the others in debates. He's quick with words and he knows what he's talking about.

I'm against Flemish indepedency because I want this country to stay. However, this situation is not sustainable. That much is clear. It's getting worse and worse. Just about every other country in Europe is planning severe cutbacks to counter the damaging effects of the financial and economic crisis and we're doing nothing because we're still arguing over the structure of our country.
So, if every decision on a federal level is made impossible because when one side makes a suggestion, the other side says "no" on principle, maybe we really do need to seperate. We can't go on any longer. This is why De Wever is getting more and more votes: better go our seperate ways than to keep on digging our own grave.

A British journalist from The Economist wrote his viewpoint on it (I read it in my newspaper this morning) and he says that people are underestimating that smack in the middle of Belgium, there's a frontier, a clash between the more nordic and germanic way of life (more structured, more discipline) and the southern, more latin (as in romance languages,...) culture (which is more loose, more laissez-faire/laissez-aller, less structured).

So basically De Wever aims at the endgame. If separation happens, he will emerge as a natural leader to handle the separation negotiations. He will claim all benefits (I suppose an image of leadership and action) blame all the costs to the opponents and claim power. His chances are much better than getting into a coalition in Belgium as a whole.

Mistaflava back in Livescores :speakles: :hysteric: :hearts: :inlove: :worship:

Another legend in the gamblers population.

1999, Andrea :hug: Probably Baldy winning Roland.

That was one of my worst memory in sports.

Guillaume le Conquérant was from Normandy, that's in France. :shrug: :p

But Normans were not French, they just seized that part and paid a token oath of obedience to the King of France.

Minn
06-08-2010, 04:47 PM

At least Kelly Slater (who had just been to RG) was on my plane. :drool: Hope you had a good time. How did the bed situation work out?

Catchy title, though. ;)

I'm sure the Brits (or any other nation with a bit of history behind it for that matter) get just as creative at times. :lol: I'll have to check it out.

My favorite humorous things about France are from David Sedaris, an American writer/humorist. He grew up in the south as a strange boy who did imitations of Billie Holliday. He moved to France with his French boyfriend not knowing any French. He wrote a book called "Me Talk Pretty One Day" about his experiences. Now he lives in Paris.

I like it because it isn't making fun of the French, but of himself and Americans in general. He's featured in the third act of this TAL program. You can just slide through the first part if you don't want to listen to the rest.
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/173/Three-Kinds-of-Deception
I was looking for him reading about his French classes. That's hysterical. But, this is good too. Or maybe only really funny if you are an American laughing at other Americans. :D I haven't read that but I've read other Sedaris stuff. The story of him at Christmas as an elf is hilarious.

Hi Melanie, looking forward to some NBA finals tonight Mike :hug:. I should see most of the game tonight, I think. Go Celts!

star
06-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Damn funny, luv his self-deprecating books on deep America.

:hug: :hug: I'm so glad you like him. I've only listened to him reading his books. I'm not sure how they are in print.

Here's a sample of his rendition of Billie Holiday given during a reading of his essay about his failure at guitar lessons.
wK9-rWCsbuM

:speakles:

:hug: :hug:

let's just hope not.

:ras:

star
06-08-2010, 04:55 PM
I haven't read that but I've read other Sedaris stuff. The story of him at Christmas as an elf is hilarious.

If you liked the Santaland Diaries, you'll also like Me Talk Pretty One Day. :)

But Normans were not French, they just seized that part and paid a token oath of obedience to the King of France.

I was going to point out that he was a Norseman, but refrained. ;)

bokehlicious
06-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Hi Melanie :hug: hope you're fine ;) is the 6th game tonight? :unsure:

I see nothing wrong in that :shrug: and it's not being arrogant since it's just stating the obvious truth :shrug:

There was a poll in a paper here and people could write back, question was "will Federer regain #1?" about half of the replies could have been written by star, tells about the love the guy gets in his own country... So shameful to be swiss, I wish some big country invades us and burn everything here.

Minn
06-08-2010, 05:09 PM
If you liked the Santaland Diaries, you'll also like Me Talk Pretty One Day. :) "Santaland Diaries", that's the title. I didn't like the whole collection of short stories; some were stupid but that one was good. I've heard it done as a reading to raise money for charity at Christmastime as well. I'll look into the other one in a couple months. I've got a backlog of reading to do at the moment.

Hi Melanie :hug: hope you're fine ;) is the 6th game tonight? :unsure: I am good.

The third NBA game goes tonight; the series is tied 1-1.

The sixth NHL game is tomorrow. Chicago is winning that series.

bokehlicious
06-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I am good.

Ok.

Thanks.

:sad:

star
06-08-2010, 05:13 PM
"Santaland Diaries", that's the title. I didn't like the whole collection of short stories; some were stupid but that one was good. I've heard it done as a reading to raise money for charity at Christmastime as well. I'll look into the other one in a couple months. I've got a backlog of reading to do at the moment.

I am good.

Yeah. I'm not that crazy about everything in the books, but selected essays are very funny. He needs to do a "best of" book. The Me Talk Pretty essay is damn funny if you can find it as a stand alone. :hug: I didn't mean to add to your reading list. :)

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 05:29 PM
more rain predicted for Queens tomorrow

Nadal might have to play 3 matches in one day

acionescu
06-08-2010, 05:29 PM
:rocker2:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/07/french-open-hotties-whos_n_598000.html#s94311

NcbAibPA2yY :rocker:

elessar
06-08-2010, 05:31 PM
The fact that Nole is #2 should tell you a lot about that poll :hug:

EDIT: :o at the pics, they'd give ATP mug shots a run for their money.

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 05:32 PM
did you vote Claire?

i gave Fed, murray 10 and Nadal 1

elessar
06-08-2010, 05:34 PM
My internal clitoris wouldn't stop tingling, until I gave Murray a ten :drool:

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 05:35 PM
:lol::lol:

acionescu
06-08-2010, 05:35 PM
I gave Fed and Nole 1, Soda and Roddick 2 :o 10 is only for Ferru :lick: and Pico :drool:

But, as James H. just said, Rafa i s#1, nothing else matters :D

acionescu
06-08-2010, 05:40 PM
did you vote Claire?

i gave Fed, murray 10 and Nadal 1

You're straight( not that it wasn't obvious from your votes :o), you don't count :ras:

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 05:43 PM
sshh Andreea

i'm refreshing the page over and over so i can keep clicking 10 for Federer

elessar
06-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Can you believe Roger hasn't been broken in Halle since 2006 :worship:

Minn
06-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Yeah. I'm not that crazy about everything in the books, but selected essays are very funny. He needs to do a "best of" book. The Me Talk Pretty essay is damn funny if you can find it as a stand alone. :hug: I didn't mean to add to your reading list. :) I'll look for "Me Talk Pretty". I don't mind you adding to my reading list at all, I just know I can't read it right now.

sshh Andreea

i'm refreshing the page over and over so i can keep clicking 10 for Federer :lol:

Yes, the pictures there are mostly awful.

MariaV
06-08-2010, 05:51 PM
So Kim Sears is really back with the computer game addict Andy M? :lol:

acionescu
06-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Muzza :hearts:

Merton
06-08-2010, 05:55 PM

:hug: The headache will go away. Boggo :sad:

....or a match that Boggo won. It must be one in his entire carreer, no? :unsure:

That was mean. :(

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/07/french-open-hotties-whos_n_598000.html#s94311

Thanks for that :hatoff: :rocker2:

elessar
06-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Halle speed gun :spit:

Supposedly Nieminen had a 218km/h first serve and Roger just clocked one at 223.

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 05:57 PM
So Kim Sears is really back with the computer game addict Andy M? :lol:no one can go too long without him Maria

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/88070082.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D01E696723E40C32D1 5C4E7FABBA85ECA69998FE1317BBE3B6E30A760B0D811297

Smoke944
06-08-2010, 05:58 PM
no one can go too long without him Maria

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/88070082.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D01E696723E40C32D1 5C4E7FABBA85ECA69998FE1317BBE3B6E30A760B0D811297

Breathtaking play from Murray today :D

MariaV
06-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I gave Rafa and Nalbandian 10. :hearts: :inlove: Hope Metis won't miss this voting. :D

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 06:00 PM
you're man Roddick out on court now, Smoke :toothy:

MariaV
06-08-2010, 06:00 PM
no one can go too long without him Maria

Hope you won't be angry, I gave Murray an 8. He has the hottest voice though. :kiss:

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 06:02 PM
no federer match thread in GM yet!?

not acceptable :(

MariaV
06-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Can you believe Roger hasn't been broken in Halle since 2006 :worship:

And poor Jarkkin lost 1st rd again. :bigcry: He is such a nice guy. :awww:

Smoke944
you're man Roddick out on court now, Smoke :toothy:

Kunitsyn too good :mad:

Merton
Jake and Elwood: :worship:

ru7M2dLkN4A

MariaV
06-08-2010, 06:05 PM
I cannot forgive Kunitsyn that he didn't give Marat the Kremlin Cup title. :mad: :mad: :fiery: He could've won any other tourney any other time. :rolleyes:

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 06:06 PM
always happens when you wait for a thread, no one does it... then you start it and someone does at the exact same time

Dustin Brown close to beating Dancevic and Seppi lost to Tomic bomb

Smoke944
06-08-2010, 06:11 PM
always happens when you wait for a thread, no one does it... then you start it and someone does at the exact same time

no kidding :lol:

scoobs
06-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Where the hell is WG these days?

I need a list (with pics preferably) of the World Cup 2010 Hotties ASAP...

MariaV
06-08-2010, 06:17 PM

I need a list (with pics preferably) of the World Cup 2010 Hotties ASAP...

WG is preparing for her bar exam. :awww:

Corey Feldman
put a good Murray pic for you a few posts up Scoobs

scoobs
Not good enough.

I need her.

Corey Feldman
06-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Dustin Brown dt Dancevik 7-5 6-7 6-4

scoobs
06-08-2010, 06:25 PM
I can't see any Murray pic - there's something that looks like a pic should be there but the link is broken

rocketassist
06-08-2010, 06:30 PM
I cannot forgive Kunitsyn that he didn't give Marat the Kremlin Cup title. :mad: :mad: :fiery: He could've won any other tourney any other time. :rolleyes:

Kunitsyn is Mr Kremlin Cup I'm afraid.

Merton
06-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Another one.

rC6JUA8cjoY

Saumon
06-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Don't know why I even bother reading back on here :lol:, this place stinks more and more every day... Can't wait for Rafa to suck again and see the fangirls cry their hearts again, they're a tad less boring than when he's winning :angel:
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
Hope you had a good time. How did the bed situation work out?
we had a king and a rollaway in both rooms.

Castafiore
06-08-2010, 07:31 PM
That's an insult to beautiful Feliciano
:rolleyes: Blind snob. He's not that ugly.

JM, please change your tune a bit when you do decide to post in here. It's a broken record, mate.

-Evita-
06-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Mikey, you're such a sore loser when it comes to TT :lol: :hug:

I'm happy to say that my Monfils pick wasn't a difference after all and I won thanks to Granollers :D

Snoo Foo
06-08-2010, 07:52 PM
:banana: pico & ferru in top 4 :banana:

edit: :confused: fedgina only 8th :confused:

Castafiore
06-08-2010, 07:59 PM
So basically De Wever aims at the endgame. If separation happens, he will emerge as a natural leader to handle the separation negotiations. He will claim all benefits (I suppose an image of leadership and action) blame all the costs to the opponents and claim power. His chances are much better than getting into a coalition in Belgium as a whole.
It's crazy, though. I mean, his opponents are getting so scared that they're blaming De Wever for just about anything now. Today, it was the interest rate going up. A renound economist said that this is ludicrious unless they're suggesting that De Wever is also responsible for the interest rate going upin Austria because the same causes are at the root of it.

Another specialist says that the international warning about the financial situation of Belgium is premature. The financial situation in France, the US, the UK, Japan (just to name those) is in a worse state for example and Belgium can not be called The Greece of the North because of it. We have a considerable debt but many factors in our economy are more healthy.
Good to read, that.

It just goes to show that we're dealing with a lot of :bs: of the highest order (which is typical for elections of course)

(sorry folks, if you find it boring):

--
A less serious matter: they've used utter crap pictures for that poll.

l_mac
06-08-2010, 08:06 PM
What poll?

Head much better. Just need a nap. I have so much stress just now -work and personal :bigcry: I'll rise above it, as always.

MariaV
06-08-2010, 08:11 PM
WTF happened to Rafa's doubles? Why didnt he play instead of the Murray brothers? :o

And sorry Hilde, I didn't say Bemelmans was ugly.

MariaV
06-08-2010, 08:12 PM
This link Linda, good that you're feeling better. :hug: You'll manage everything as always. :hug:

Castafiore
06-08-2010, 08:16 PM
It's okay, Maria. ;)

Somehow, this reminds me: Kristof Vliegen was on tv here the other day, with his Dutch girlfriend.
Talking about the football WC, the tv guy asked him if he was going to support The Netherlands.
His reply: "hell no :devil:, I'm going to support another country just for the sake of it".

MariaV
06-08-2010, 08:18 PM
A note to Mikey dear re the rep - I know I know, and excellent work in GM I saw. ;) :yeah:

JolánGagó
06-08-2010, 08:21 PM
MariaV, you said you wanted badly to open the new volume when some people was naively encouraging me to do it myself. I erased all my posts for you to arrive in time but you never did. Im very upset.

MariaV
06-08-2010, 08:24 PM
MariaV, you said you wanted badly to open the new volume when some people was naively encouraging me to do it myself. I erased all my posts for you to arrive in time but you never did. Im very upset.

Awww, don't be upset, I'm very sorry but JM took all my desire to start a thread right now. :o Maybe later, after Merton now ... IF I'll be around. :o

Minn
06-08-2010, 08:24 PM

I need a list (with pics preferably) of the World Cup 2010 Hotties ASAP... You've developed a sudden interest in soccer? Or just in soccer players?

we had a king and a rollaway in both rooms. :yeah:

It's crazy, though. I mean, his opponents are getting so scared that they're blaming De Wever for just about anything now. Today, it was the interest rate going down. A renound economist said that this is ludicrious unless they're suggesting that De Wever is also responsible for the interest rate going down in Austria because the same causes are at the root of it.

Another specialist says that the international warning about the financial situation of Belgium is premature. The financial situation in France, the US, the UK, Japan (just to name those) is in a worse state for example and Belgium can not be called The Greece of the North because of it. We have a considerable debt but many factors in our economy are more healthy.
Good to read, that.

It just goes to show that we're dealing with a lot of :bs: of the highest order (which is typical for elections of course)

(sorry folks, if you find it boring): I don't find it boring.

Head much better. Just need a nap. I have so much stress just now -work and personal :bigcry: I'll rise above it, as always. Hope things get better soon, Linda.

Bibberz
06-08-2010, 08:28 PM
No love at all, just a true statement.

You used the thread title to acknowledge a particular player's greatness when you were under no obligation to do so. That's all I meant by "love," and I think you know it. :p

I'm not saying your title was false, misleading, or in any way untrue; I'm saying it was awful. :D

Not all true statements make for good thread titles. Some examples:

"Rafael Nadal is around 6'1'' tall."
"There are ATP tournaments in Halle and London this week."
"Sam Querrey has never won a grass court tournament."
"It would not kill Mirka to lose a few pounds."
"Hema has a dire sense of humor, but she's pretty good at math."

Those are all true statements. Are any of them winners?

(Okay, well now some of those thread titles would work if you wanted to (1) be all ironic and (2) give me a http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0244.gifhttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0244.gifhttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0244.gif--but you know what I mean.)

This is an exceptional thread to host such a title in Rafa's forum, there is no doubt that "Clay Season starts and Nadal is the King of Clay" (an equally true statement) would never appear as a title anywhere in Roger's forum.The Rafachat is exceptional, and you can get away with a "Federer is King" title here. So? That doesn't mean it won't be awful.

tennizen
06-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I just remembered this:D

The GM thread was deleted at that time I think:(

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=bPl&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&q=Federer+says+Nadal+lacks+drive&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

MariaV
06-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Awww Bibberz, the crying avy. :awww:

l_mac
06-08-2010, 09:10 PM
This documentary about the 2008 Wimbledon Final was on during the rain delay this afternoon :awww:

I don't think I've ever seen it (though I find it hard to believe)

Part 1

d71mmBZfSMs

Part 2

-cpGhZanBV8

Part 3

UDZD42zNLQ0

star
06-08-2010, 09:48 PM
People seemed to be stressed out and unhappy today. So, I'm posting this little feel good song that always makes me smile and laugh no matter how many times I watch it. I know. I know. I've posted it here before, but every once in a while it's good for the spirit. Listen and you will smile.

KMYN4djSq7o

adee-gee
06-08-2010, 10:03 PM
My real tennis game is an epic fail, and now Linda snubs my TT Wimbly request. Bad times :sad:

l_mac
06-08-2010, 10:05 PM
My real tennis game is an epic fail, and now Linda snubs my TT Wimbly request. Bad times :sad:

:confused:

edit: ah, I didn't read back enough today.

Yes, I'd love to play with you :hug: :D

tennizen
06-08-2010, 10:06 PM
This documentary about the 2008 Wimbledon Final was on during the rain delay this afternoon :awww:

I don't think I've ever seen it (though I find it hard to believe)

I still get nervous seeing this match:lol: That cross-court BH Rafito hit to get to 15-40 at 7-7:worship:

adee-gee
06-08-2010, 10:27 PM
:confused:

edit: ah, I didn't read back enough today.

Yes, I'd love to play with you :hug: :D
:yippee:

star
06-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the videos, Linda. I just watched them. I had seen it before during some telecast or another, but it was great seeing it again. There was more jumping up and down in the players boxes than I remember. Even Mirka stood up!

Bibberz
06-09-2010, 12:48 AM
MacGruber Update #2: I just downloaded all of the MacGruber SNL skits and the entire first season of MacGyver. I hope this will tide me over until I can watch the movie. :awww:

Bibberz
06-09-2010, 12:54 AM
MacGruber Update #3: I just found out that Will Forte--the star of MacGruber--was born and raised in NorCal.

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/macgruber.jpg

Corey Feldman
06-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Lets go Rondo

Corey Feldman
06-09-2010, 01:09 AM
KG on fire !

Minn
06-09-2010, 01:55 AM

I don't think I've ever seen it (though I find it hard to believe) Those were good. Thanks. I hadn't seen it before.

People seemed to be stressed out and unhappy today. So, I'm posting this little feel good song that always makes me smile and laugh no matter how many times I watch it. I know. I know. I've posted it here before, but every once in a while it's good for the spirit. Listen and you will smile. :lol:

MariaV
06-09-2010, 07:12 AM
:bigwave:

Mikey and Ljubica exchanging goodreps. :scared: :unsure:

Saumon
06-09-2010, 08:00 AM
People seemed to be stressed out and unhappy today. So, I'm posting this little feel good song that always makes me smile and laugh no matter how many times I watch it. I know. I know. I've posted it here before, but every once in a while it's good for the spirit. Listen and you will smile.

KMYN4djSq7o
There is a Lost version of this song:
TqqBtafYlXg
Mikey and Ljubica exchanging goodreps. :scared: :unsure:
they were probably bitching about Rafa :sad:

acionescu
06-09-2010, 09:09 AM
they were probably bitching about Rafa :sad:

That means he's succesful :bounce:

Interesting to watch the goodrepping patterns :rolls: Excepting Mike and Mimi, of course, they rep everybody :hug:

Castafiore
06-09-2010, 11:09 AM
You do indeed see some interesting usernames appear in the lists of some of the posters.

Apparently, the exhibition match "The Best of Belgium" featuring Henin vs Clijsters in Brussels is going to break the attendancy record set by "The Battle of the Sexes" between Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs (1972).

Random bit of WTF news:
http://lifewithdogs.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/china-tiger-dog.jpg
This is a golden retriever dyed like a tiger.

Apparently, somebody from Dahe Pet Civilization Park in Zhengzhou, China though that this was a good idea in order to attract more visitors.
:cuckoo:

Poor creature.
They also painted a couple of Chowchow dogs as panda bears.

MariaV
06-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Wow, poor dog. :o

When's this mega exho in Brussels?

MariaV
06-09-2010, 11:31 AM
And what does it take for the mods to finally rip 2003 of his thread starting rights at least. I don't know why this kid annoys me so much. :o

Metis
06-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Allez Justine!!! :rocker2:

Poor dog! :spit: :hug: Ridiculous idea and very offensive towards the beautiful felines. :( Not to mention confusing little kids instead of educating them (which supposedly is one of the reasons for such places to exist - educating that is.). :rolleyes:

Castafiore
06-09-2010, 11:35 AM
No idea (about why 2003 gets to spam GM with useless threads), Maria. I'm guessing that they figure that his daft threads are harmless enough.

The Best of Belgium exhibition match is on July 8.
The match marks the beginning of Belgium's half year presidency of the EU.
Billlie Jean King has been invited as honorary umpire and the profits will go to humanitarian causes backed by both players

Metis
06-09-2010, 11:37 AM
So, last night I had 3248 posts marked for multiquoting and was about to post when my computer crashed. :speakles: :rolleyes:

As you can imagine I was extremely upset. I didn't have the heart to post anything after that and decided to go to bed. :crying2:

Action Jackson
06-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Poor dog.

Castafiore
06-09-2010, 11:40 AM
So, last night I had 3248 posts marked for multiquoting and was about to post when my computer crashed
Don't you just love it when that happens?

MariaV
06-09-2010, 11:40 AM
So, last night I had 3248 posts marked for multiquoting and was about to post when my computer crashed. :speakles: :rolleyes:

As you can imagine I was extremely upset. I didn't have the heart to post anything after that and decided to go to bed. :crying2:

:hug: :hug:
Hilde, that is sooooooo annoying and irritating when that happens.

Castafiore
06-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Hilde Metis, that is sooooooo annoying and irritating when that happens.
Edited ;)

Metis
06-09-2010, 11:55 AM

I can't stand them either, with very few exceptions.

He also said his goal is to become the GOAT. :D

I gave Rafa and Nalbandian 10. :hearts: :inlove: Hope Metis won't miss this voting. :D

Too lazy to do that. But I approve of your choices. :yeah:

What poll?

Head much better. Just need a nap. I have so much stress just now -work and personal :bigcry: I'll rise above it, as always.

Here's something to brighten your day:

http://www.dailypets.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/somali1.jpg

:D

No idea (about why 2003 gets to spam GM with useless threads), Maria. I'm guessing that they figure that his daft threads are harmless enough.

The Best of Belgium exhibition match is on July 8.
The match marks the beginning of Belgium's half year presidency of the EU.

:eek: Belgians take their (WTA) tennis very seriously.

Castafiore
06-09-2010, 11:57 AM
:eek: Belgians take their (WTA) tennis very seriously.
It's an effort to create a bit of a good vibe amidst the political chaos, I think.

-Evita-
06-09-2010, 12:03 PM
There is a Lost version of this song:
TqqBtafYlXg

Thanks, I was wondering where I had heard that song before :lol:

MariaV
06-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Edited ;)

I should've added :( or :mad:

Awww the kittens Metis. :hearts: Marat bought himself a kitten too can you imagine.

Betty
06-09-2010, 12:10 PM
hi all
strong wind:p
u know metis here there are a cat mom with his kids:inlove:of
course my mom gives them food and fra ...mmm make them run away:o:o

Metis
06-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Don't you just love it when that happens?

Fortunately it was before I started answering to the posts.

It's an effort to create a bit of a good vibe amidst the political chaos, I think.

Hopefully it will help.

I should've added :( or :mad:

Awww the kittens Metis. :hearts: Marat bought himself a kitten too can you imagine.

He did? :hearts: Looking forward to the photos of the 2 of them together. :D

Metis
06-09-2010, 12:15 PM
u know metis here there are a cat mom with his kids:inlove:of
course my mom gives them food and fra ...mmm make them run away:o:o

:awww: Francy :lol: At least your own cat gets a vacation from Francy, no? :p

Metis
06-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Speaking of cats, it's raining cats and dogs in London right now. :(

Castafiore
06-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Same weather here, metis. :(

Edit: :armed: I'll badrep you if you dare post how fantastic the weather is in Greece :armed:

Last year, my sister asked me to feed their cat while they were on holiday.
I'm allergic to the damn creatures but feeding it should be no problem, I thought. They assumed that I had an idea how much a cat eats on a daily basis. How should I know? I've never had a cat and I avoid them. However, they pointed in the direction of where I could find the cat food and off they went.

2 weeks later, they phoned me to ask me why the cat had lost so much weight. :o

Apparently, without intending so, I had put it on a strict diet.

In my defence:
1) The cat was badly overweight so she could afford losing a couple of kilos.
2) I never saw the cat when I went over to feed it so I didn't notice that he was losing weight.

Betty
06-09-2010, 12:25 PM
true metis:lol:
A part the stron wind there is hot...but the sea water is cold:p

hilde:speakles:poor cats:awww:
when i left i always tell t o m y hub how many food give to lilly =when she asks for it:lol:and if he doesnt see her put all on her foodbox for make it tot full:p:p

star
06-09-2010, 12:27 PM

Edit: :armed: I'll badrep you if you dare post how fantastic the weather is in Greece :armed:

I'm allergic to the damn creatures but feeding it should be no problem, I thought. They assumed that I had an idea how much a cat eats on a daily basis. How should I know? I've never had a cat and I avoid them. However, they pointed in the direction of where I could find the cat food and off they went.

In my defence:
2) I never saw the cat when I went over to feed it so I didn't notice that he was losing weight.

How much did you (not) feed it? :eek:

star
06-09-2010, 12:29 PM
true metis:lol:
A part the stron wind there is hot...but the sea water is cold:p

when i left i always tell t om y hun how many food give to lilly =when she asks for it:lol:and if he doesnt see her put all on her foodbox for make it tot full:p:p

I figure 1/2 cup of dried food a day for my cat. But she doesn't eat so well when I'm not at home. She's not a fat cat.

Metis
06-09-2010, 12:33 PM

Actually it was just raining here too. :lol:

Though it lasted less than half an hour :p and the weather is quite hot.

In my defence:

:rolls:

Poor animal, you left it starving for 2 weeks. :sad: It probably did her/him good though and saved your sister some money too. :lol:

Castafiore
06-09-2010, 12:33 PM
A gave it a little bag with yummy food (yummy according to the package, that is) and er...each bag contains 100g of food :o

Pffft....the year before it, I wasn't alone in feeding it (which explains why he did not lose weight then) but then, the cat left me with the leftovers/carcasses of many pigeons to clean up. Yuck. You're supposed to be grateful when they do that, they say, because they see that as a gift to you (or something like that).
No idea why she didn't hunt for pigeons last year.

Betty
06-09-2010, 12:37 PM
A gave it a little bag with yummy food (yummy according to the package, that is) and er...each bag contains 100g of food :o

Pffft....the year before it, I wasn't alone in feeding it (which explains why he did not lose weight then) but then, the cat left me with the leftovers/carcasses of many pigeons to clean up. Yuck. You're supposed to be grateful when they do that, they say, because they see that as a gift to you (or something like that).

that mean the cat loves u:awww:did u thk it:armed:

100 g :o:p my cat is not fat but eats more:p

edit
u edited yes u should be grateful;)

Metis
06-09-2010, 12:42 PM

:spit: Obviously she didn't feel grateful enough to hunt pigeons for you. :lol: Not to mention she probably didn't have the energy. :awww:

Castafiore
06-09-2010, 12:43 PM
that mean the cat loes u:awww:did u thk it:armed:
I actually did say thank you :D but without touching it (allergy) which he finds highly annoying.

Whenever I'm at my sister's, the cat often makes a beeline for me, leaving me to make wild gestures for him to not touch me (not to be overly dramatic but I don't want to be sneezing non-stop for a week because of a cat) but he keeps on doing it. I bet that he figures that one day, he'll win me over because he's just too cute to resist. :awww: (he looks like Garfield the cat, by the way...I call him Boris, as in Boris Becker but his name is Simba (Lion King))

Castafiore
06-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Not to mention she probably didn't have the energy. :awww:
:o that must be it.

Betty
06-09-2010, 12:45 PM
he is near to take yr heart castina:awww:
despite u were near to kill him;)and u ll finish to touch him:awww:

:lol:jk

Metis
06-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Hilde, is this what you did to the poor cat? :(

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/11/28/128723871061015354.jpg (http://cheezburger.com/View/1395214592)

Castafiore
06-09-2010, 12:49 PM

It was a bag, not a can. :ras:

Metis
06-09-2010, 12:49 PM
I actually did say thank you :D but without touching it (allergy) which he finds highly annoying.

Whenever I'm at my sister's, the cat often makes a beeline for me, leaving me to make wild gestures for him to not touch me (not to be overly dramatic but I don't want to be sneezing non-stop for a week because of a cat) but he keeps on doing it. I bet that he figures that one day, he'll win me over because he's just too cute to resist. :awww: (he looks like Garfield the cat, by the way...I call him Boris, as in Boris Becker but his name is Simba (Lion King))

:awww: Maybe you could pet him wearing gloves.

Is it a he or she? You keep changing the gender. :lol:

Castafiore
06-09-2010, 12:51 PM
The gloves are no solution because the next step is that he jumps on my lap and requests me to pet him. I'll still have his hair all over me.

Is it a he or she? You keep changing the the gender. :lol:
It's a he but I keep calling it a she because cats are female for me.
(just like dogs are a "he" even if it's a "she")

Betty
06-09-2010, 12:52 PM
:awww: Maybe you could pet him wearing gloves.

Is it a he or she? You keep changing the gender. :lol:

probabyly castina doesnt know it;)

ok hilde if has balls is a he,unless he got the castration, so again willy=he
;) :lol:

MariaV
06-09-2010, 12:54 PM

Awww, Garfield. :hearts: :inlove:

In my defence:

AJ would say good for the game cat. ;) :lol:
My parents' cat doesn't eat much mom complains. He gained some weight in winter when he couldn't go out but now he's skinny again mom says. :lol: He is ginger too and has thick fur so he looks puffy but in fact he's pretty thin. :awww: And my mom always spoils her cats, this one is eating from her palm mostly too. :( But when he's hungry he eats from his plate/thingy whatever you call it.

Metis
06-09-2010, 12:57 PM
The gloves are no solution because the next step is that he jumps on my lap and requests me to pet him. I'll still have his hair all over me.

It's a he but I keep calling it a she because cats are female for me.
(just like dogs are a "he" even if it's a "she")

It's the same in the Greek language, although there are also the variants of the words for the opposite gender.

Castafiore
06-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Yup, it's a beautiful cat, Maria.

ok hilde if has ball is a he,unless he got the castration so again willy=he
;) :lol:
:ras: :lol:

I think that my logic about cats being female and dogs being male regardless of their actual gender is solid. :shrug:

Betty
06-09-2010, 01:02 PM
It's the same in the Greek language, although there are also the variants of the words for the opposite gender.

same here:p

i m using finaly the new laptop,i fixed it here and now it works wth my phone for come on internet, and tbh is more fast now but never like at home
anyway i dont know why atp side is always inpossible to open:(

Metis
06-09-2010, 01:06 PM
AJ would say good for the game cat. ;) :lol:
My parents' cat doesn't eat much mom complains. He gained some weight in winter when he couldn't go out but now he's skinny again mom says. :lol: He is ginger too and has thick fur so he looks puffy but in fact he's pretty thin. :awww: And my mom always spoils her cats, this one is eating from her pal mostly too. :( But when he's hungry he eats from his plate/thingy whatever you call it.

you mean he eats from her plate? :unsure: :bolt:

:D

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/8/4/128938514728429716.jpg (http://cheezburger.com/View/2496506624)

MariaV
06-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Oh and when I suggest to mom that if the cat doesn't want to eat then don't feed him from your hand/palm mom went all :awww: and said that he loved to eat this way. When I go over there I sometimes also feed him from my hand but I would never do that every day. He has his plate and bowl for water so...

MariaV
06-09-2010, 01:13 PM
you mean he eats from her plate? :unsure: :bolt:

No Metis, I meant palm, already corrected. :o
He does eat from his plate/bowl too. He has a good life, my parents absolutely love him. :)

MariaV
06-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Btw our old Siamese cat loooooved to drink milk but this cat drinks so little and mostly water. :shrug: :o

Metis
06-09-2010, 02:08 PM
No Metis, I meant palm, already corrected. :o
He does eat from his plate/bowl too. He has a good life, my parents absolutely love him. :)

palm makes more sense :)

lucky cat!

Metis
06-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Feli beat Dimitrov. Rafito's match is next :D

-Evita-
06-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Rafa :inlove:

I know someone who will "love" the cat discussion :lol: Too bad I can't add anything to it because I never had cats.

Hilde, your cat diet story was awesome :lol:

-Evita-
06-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Two aces for Rafa in the first game :yeah:

Metis
06-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Marcos Daniel reminds me of Armand Assante.

http://www.filmstar.de/entertainment/stars/a/armand_assante.jpg

rafa_maniac
06-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Don't know what it is, but for some reason I especially love seeing Rafa playing on grass :hearts:

-Evita-
06-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Don't know what it is, but for some reason I especially love seeing Rafa playing on grass :hearts:

That's because he plays so well on it :hearts:

elessar
06-09-2010, 02:45 PM
The little git is playing annoyingly well, wish there were some hard court tourneys between RG and Wimbledon :(