"Everything flows", says Heraclitus, and so does this thread :awww: Rafachat vol 58 [Archive] - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

"Everything flows", says Heraclitus, and so does this thread :awww: Rafachat vol 58

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

elessar
06-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Maybe he's Iberfay too :eek:

Chair Umpire
06-07-2010, 12:26 AM
I'm still waiting for an answer: Why should I be banned? For criticizing the FO crowd?

Chair Umpire
06-07-2010, 12:28 AM

http://recoverylife.com/resources/gallery_photo/zolof27.jpg

l_mac
06-07-2010, 12:29 AM

Or Commander Data. :D

elessar
06-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Lately I've been feeling that this thread's best years were behind us, I won't lie, it's nice to know we can still lure any poster to this thread in a matter of minutes :awww: Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

star
06-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Nice. Since you know you aren't Elessar don't reply me like I was talking to you in the first place.

Don't be silly. This is a message board. People respond to all kinds of messages not addressed to them. No need to be grumpy about it. :hug:

Chair Umpire
06-07-2010, 12:32 AM
1. Contact the mods.
2. Ask for my IP.
3. Shut the f*ck up.

You have no idea of how desilusional and ridiculous you look. :lol: :lol:

Since when do I look like that Fedtard of Commander Data? LOL. All the bad reputation points I've got are all from fedtards. :lol:

elessar
06-07-2010, 12:34 AM
That's 4 times you've said my name, in a very agressive tone, in a thread I consider as my safe heaven from the bitterness and meaness of GM. If you continue harassing me (EDIT: and insult me :eek:), I will indeed PM my good friend Carlita, who no doubt won't hesitate to ban you.

l_mac
06-07-2010, 12:35 AM
Lately I've been feeling that this thread's best years were behind us, I won't lie, it's nice to know we can still lure any poster to this thread in a matter of minutes :awww: Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yeah, we've still got it.

Our #1 fan noted star's comments last night :D

l_mac
06-07-2010, 12:35 AM
1. Contact the mods.
2. Ask for my IP.
3. Shut the f*ck up.

You have no idea of how desilusional and ridiculous you look. :lol: :lol:

Since when do I look like that Fedtard of Commander Data? LOL. All the bad reputation points I've got are all from fedtards. :lol:

Why are you here?

l_mac
06-07-2010, 12:36 AM
:lol: Linda, you are too good

Are you as excited as I am about Boggo vs Dimitrov?

star
06-07-2010, 12:37 AM
Yeah, we've still got it.

Our #1 fan noted star's comments last night :D

Really? :lol:

That's so funny. I hope she didn't faint.

l_mac
06-07-2010, 12:41 AM
WHat a fanboy, this Neil Harman:

Rafael Nadal beats Robin Soderling to claim fifth French Open title

Neil Harman, Tennis Correspondent, Paris
June 6, 2010

Not a single thing to threaten the peace of his life, not a single awful twinge in his knees and the clouds parting as if the heavens wanted to witness his reascension to his rightful place at Roland Garros — Rafael Nadal duly delivered yesterday the victory that means more than all the others together. And that includes the glorious Wimbledon of 2008.

To see this gentle gladiator — there can be such juxtaposition in his case — weeping into his towel at the end of another momentous championship was to appreciate how much he yearned to feel the solid weight of the Coupe des Mousquetaires once more. That it should be Robin Söderling he ground into his favourite piece of dirt only served to make the occasion more perfect, if it could have been so.

Nadal won his fifth title at Roland Garros, and the second with a clean slate of 21 sets for and none against, by defeating Söderling 6-4, 6-2, 6-4. The final lasted two hours and 18 minutes, in which time Nadal made only 16 errors and his first serve struck its mark 76 per cent of the time. Toni Nadal, his coach, said he had been trying to incorporate some of Andy Murray’s fluency into his nephew’s stroke. If Murray could find that sort of percentage, he would surely win the grand-slam title he craves.

How the rest of the sport must have looked on in wonder, as we in the stands did. Nadal has become the world No 1 again, overhauling Roger Federer, whose defeat here in the fourth round by Söderling made this a neat package: the man who dethroned the former champion (Söderling ended Nadal’s 31-match unbeaten stretch here last year) toppling his successor, only for the former champion to rise up and bite him in the rear end.

For this was majestic Nadal, a performance that showed that he is not just a player of brute force but that he can gently unravel an opponent’s game through the sheer stubborn brilliance of his own. It was a victory earned by the iaculum, the weighted net used by the gladiators of Rome, rather than the trusty bludgeon.

Nadal lured Söderling to his fate with the cunning of a wolf in sheep’s clothing. By the conclusion of the third set Söderling’s legs were unable to react to the messages being sent to them. With the loss of each of the eight break points that he had worked so hard to secure, a bit more of the stuffing was knocked out of him. The second game of the second set was a case in point. A single break for Nadal was enough to give him the opening set and the skies suddenly turned pitch black as if a storm was brewing.

Söderling held a hesitant first service game and then Nadal was break point down, which he saved with an ace. The Spaniard faced a second break point that Söderling failed to convert, hitting an errant backhand, and then a third, which produced the best rally of this or many other Paris final, with Nadal averting crushing blow after crushing blow, spinning shots deep from impossible positions and finishing the point off with a dextrous forehand volley. Somehow Söderling managed to fashion a fourth chance, but this he blew when a forehand service return ballooned long.

To hold serve at that point was simply imperative. Nadal had rubbed out Söderling’s opportunity as if he had scuffed it away like one of his compulsive brushings of the baseline with the soles of his shoes. The Swede was broken in consecutive service games, and it seemed that the more time he had to make up his mind, the more confused he became.

The break in the opening game of the third set ended any pretence that Söderling, the new No 6 player in the world, might extend the final to four sets. For if anything won Nadal this match, it was the exceptional quality, both in terms of venom and placement, of his serve. One recalls when he won this title first, in 2005, writing how a player could possibly win a grand slam without such a shot. We cannot pen those lines any more.

Nadal held to love at the match’s denouement, each point gained producing a louder, more defiant “Vamos”. At the final breaking down of the Söderling backhand, Nadal was prostrate, ŕ la Wimbledon against Federer, all the tension released, all the possibilities realised. For him to have won this event again, closing to within one of Bjorn Borg’s six titles, and done it with such courage, was a further testament to Nadal’s genius.

Today, he will board Eurostar at the Disneyland Resort stop to make his way to London for the AEGON Championships at Queen’s and then to SW19. We should remember that in 2008, when he won the French without dropping a set, he lifted both grass-court titles. It can happen again, because this is Rafael Nadal and with him, nothing is unachievable. *cheering* *love3*

Nadal: the clay feats

•Rafael Nadal’s record at Roland Garros: played 39, won 38, lost 1.

•Won the title in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010. Lost in fourth round in 2009 to Robin Söderling.

•Unbeaten in 22 matches on clay this year, dropping only two sets in four tournaments — one to Ernests Gulbis (Latvia) in Rome, the other to Nicolás Almagro (Spain) in Madrid.

•For the second time, he has won the French Open without dropping a set (he also achieved the feat in 2008). He won 130 games at this year’s Roland Garros, losing 71.

•He has won 203 matches on clay, reaching the 200 mark quicker than anyone else in the Open era. His clay record is 203-16.

•He has won 29 clay-court titles in his career.

•He has the most wins on the men’s tour this year — his record is 38-4.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article7145063.ece

Chair Umpire
06-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Yes, I'm Commander Data here's the proof:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=9996442#post9996442

Why are you here?

I'm a Rafa fan.

elessar
06-07-2010, 12:42 AM
What? :lol:
Toni Nadal, his coach, said he had been trying to incorporate some of Andy Murray’s fluency into his nephew’s stroke.

tennizen
06-07-2010, 12:44 AM
What? :lol:

The question is "which stroke":unsure:

l_mac
06-07-2010, 12:44 AM
I'm a Rafa fan.

A recent convert? Because your join date says 2008, and I do not recall you participating in this forum before.

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 12:45 AM
:lol:

What has he done now? Something completely arrogant, I hope. :p
he won, celebrated and cried

Lately I've been feeling that this thread's best years were behind us, I won't lie, it's nice to know we can still lure any poster to this thread in a matter of minutes :awww: Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.you are titillated again Claire

elessar
06-07-2010, 12:46 AM
You know me too well, Mike :lol:

elessar
06-07-2010, 12:46 AM
The question is "which stroke":unsure:
Hopefully the FH :drool:

tennizen
06-07-2010, 12:47 AM
Chair Umpire, I like you:yeah: except for the Rafa fan bit.

star
06-07-2010, 12:48 AM
WHat a fanboy, this Neil Harman:

Thank you, Linda. That was wonderful.

Chair Umpire
A recent convert? Because your join date says 2008, and I do not recall you participating in this forum before.

So what? Someone needs posts frequently in this forum in order to be "accepted"? Is this like the waco sect or what?

tennizen
Hopefully the FH :drool:

Apparently it's the serve:rocker2:

The Daily Mail is an excellent resource on the matter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1284318/Rafael-Nadal-wants-service-like-Andy-Murrays.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

l_mac
06-07-2010, 12:49 AM
So what? Someone needs posts frequently in this forum in order to be "accepted"? Is this like the waco sect or what?

Reported.

star
06-07-2010, 12:51 AM

Pretty much. :p

Usually when one joins a chat thread they attempt to be friendly with the denizens. This is a different approach, but Im sure it will endear you to Hema.

elessar
06-07-2010, 12:51 AM
That was strike 2 Chair Umpire. Trust me you do NOT want to know what happens after strike 3.

Chair Umpire
06-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Reported.

Jesus Christ. *_*

I already contatc the admins to stop this rumours about me being a clone. Check out my messages. Do you have any idea of all the *hit I've suffered from the fedtards????

This is simply amazing.

Corey Feldman
Are you as excited as I am about Boggo vs Dimitrov?its right up there with Istomin - Jamie Baker for me!

i can tell you boggo scoreline right now

4-6 7-6 6-4 Dimi

TT'ing that as well

Chair Umpire
My list of messages: http://www.menstennisforums.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=41574

Check out by yourself.

l_mac
06-07-2010, 12:53 AM
I'm bored of Chair Umpire now.

A new record perhaps.

tennizen
06-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Jesus Christ. *_*

There is so much unfairness in the world, it does make one really angry sometimes:hug:

l_mac
its right up there with Istomin - Jamie Baker for me!

i can tell you boggo scoreline right now

4-6 7-6 6-4 Dimi

TT'ing that as well

Boggo will beat Dimitrov - it is not in doubt :rocker2:

Bibberz
MacGruber update: the quality of the best bootleg I downloaded is very poor. I don't think I'll get to watch it in the near future.

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Corey Feldman
from GM

Oh Rafa, you are so great
To see you play, I cannot wait.
The heart of a lion, the courage of a bear
But in every match, you always play fair.

No-one can match your power and strength
Brilliant forehand, consistent length
As if such talent wasn’t enough
You always stay focused and mentally tough.

Speed and spin, touch and flair
Not to mention, amazing hair
Enormous biceps, incredible pecs
To admire your body is better than sex

With a flex of the elbow, a flick of the wrist
You win the point, then pump your fist
Your opponents cower, as you shout ‘SI!’
While in their pants, they probably wee

Your passing shots never cease to amaze.
Your fire and passion leave one in a daze
Forget Roger, Novak and Murray
You beat them all, as if in a hurry

To ignore your achievements would be a crime
You are the greatest of all time
Those who deny it, haven’t got a clue
Oh Rafa Nadal, WE ALL LOVE YOU.

l_mac
There is so much unfairness in the world, it does make one really angry sometimes:hug:

Hema, have you been lurking anywhere today?

savesthedizzle
06-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Rafa :dance:

Thankfully a dear friend of mine emailed me score updates while I was at work today. I will now catch up on the cutest trophy pictures.

tennizen
:haha: Mikey

tennizen
Hema, have you been lurking anywhere today?

No, why? Did I miss anything interesting?:yippee:

l_mac
06-07-2010, 12:56 AM

A hater must have written this :bigcry: So cruel to mock :tears:

Possibly the greatest 6 lines of verse ever written in the English language :worship:

:rolls:

elessar
06-07-2010, 12:57 AM
OMG :haha:

I would think it was the work of Linda, if it weren't for that line about his hair.

star
06-07-2010, 01:00 AM
from GM

Oh Rafa, you are so great
The heart of a lion, the courage of a bear
But in every match, you always play fair.

No-one can match your power and strength
Brilliant forehand, consistent length
As if such talent wasn’t enough
You always stay focused and mentally tough.

Your passing shots never cease to amaze.
Your fire and passion leave one in a daze
Forget Roger, Novak and Murray
You beat them all, as if in a hurry

To ignore your achievements would be a crime
You are the greatest of all time
Those who deny it, haven’t got a clue
Oh Rafa Nadal, WE ALL LOVE YOU.

Confess. You wrote that, didn't you? :kiss: :kiss: Such a nice present for us! :kiss:

Ok, kiddos be sweet. I'll be back soon.

l_mac
06-07-2010, 01:00 AM
No, why? Did I miss anything interesting?:yippee:

Something amusing.

One day I will stop taking great pleasure from reading hater posts after magnificent Rafa wins, but that day is not coming soon :D

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=162360&page=122

There must have been some deleted/edited posts (i'm guessing doping allegations :drool:) If only I'd been a bit less stressed this afternoon, a bit more vigilant. :sad:

l_mac
06-07-2010, 01:01 AM
OMG :haha:

I would think it was the work of Linda, if it weren't for that line about his hair.

I'll just ignore that :rolleyes:

elessar
06-07-2010, 01:02 AM
Something amusing.

One day I will stop taking great pleasure from reading hater posts after magnificent RFafa wins, but that day is not coming soon :D

There must have been some deleted/edited posts (i'm guessing doping allegations :drool:) If only I'd been a bit less stressed this afternoon, a bit more vigilant. :sad:
:eek: What a freudian slip.

I can't say I'm too surprised though.

l_mac
06-07-2010, 01:03 AM
:eek: What a freudian slip.

Already edited. :rolleyes:

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 01:03 AM
i'm calling him Rafaffa from now on

tennizen
06-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Something amusing.

One day I will stop taking great pleasure from reading hater posts after magnificent Rafa wins, but that day is not coming soon :D

Hate is a strong word, Linda. There is only strong dislike:rolleyes:

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 01:07 AM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/88070082.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D01E696723E40C32D1 5C4E7FABBA85ECA69998FE1317BBE3B6E30A760B0D811297

"KWHooooooo"

tennizen
06-07-2010, 01:08 AM
It just occurred to me that some people indulge in thread hopping in order to collect support and admiration from a wide variety of people. I think it's a strategy that works well for those people during those YEC's we have. But sometimes it backfires:lol:

l_mac
06-07-2010, 01:10 AM

Hmm, well, I strongly dislike butter yet the mere sight of it does not send me spiralling into depression. Nor do I shed any tears/feel physically sick when butter is named the UK's favourite sandwich spread.

If I hated butter then maybe I would vomit/cry/repeat vicious unfair unfounded rumours (butter causes brain tumours) whenever I had to look at butter. :awww:

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 01:13 AM
did any of you notice today the Fed-Nadal rivalrly went ahead of the Pete-Andre one with 23 GS's combined to 22

l_mac
06-07-2010, 01:14 AM
did any of you notice today the Fed-Nadal rivalrly went ahead of the Pete-Andre one with 23 GS's combined to 22

Rafa/Fed >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pete/Andre in every way.

star
06-07-2010, 01:19 AM

I agree. Much better hair.

elessar
06-07-2010, 01:21 AM
Hmm, well, I strongly dislike butter yet the mere sight of it does not send me spiralling into depression. Nor do I shed any tears/feel physically sick when butter is named the UK's favourite sandwich spread.

If I hated butter then maybe I would vomit/cry/repeat vicious unfair unfounded rumours (butter causes brain tumours) whenever I had to look at butter. :awww:
That post makes me wish I'd saved my last good rep to you :inlove:

tennizen
06-07-2010, 01:24 AM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/88070082.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D01E696723E40C32D1 5C4E7FABBA85ECA69998FE1317BBE3B6E30A760B0D811297

"KWHooooooo"

:lol::kiss:

My second brother's first baby was born today. It's a boy again. I am tired of nephews:mad::lol:

tennizen
06-07-2010, 01:26 AM
That post makes me wish I'd saved my last good rep to you :inlove:

I especially love the comparison with UK's favorite sandwich spread. Makes me believe Linda can top our GM poet:worship:

Minn
06-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Commies talking about drunken young people in the U.K.

"Brilliant, solid game."

Now switched to football in the U.S. and vomiting in the bathroom. :lol: Strange digressions there.

The only fun thing about this match right now is listening to Mats Wilander, who has to attempt to be impartial but in everything he says he wants to be hitting his head against a wall. :lol: I was glad I wasn't relying on a livestream for that match and had jmac on TV instead.

I suppose this win wasn't completely undeserved :rolleyes: Please, no need to gush so much.

Was his sister in the stands? Maribel? Maybe BD will let us know. I haven't seen her for a while.

What a sweet Sunday... Yes. :D

Why is this creepy? I admit I'm a bit drunk for the first time in years. :cool: Sounds like you enjoyed your party. :rocker2:

that redneck lumberjack :rolleyes: :lol: And what would you have said if it had been Murray she was talking about?

Jesus Christ. *_* When combined with that flag, that makes me :lol:.

(I know, there's not necessarily a correlation.)

did any of you notice today the Fed-Nadal rivalrly went ahead of the Pete-Andre one with 23 GS's combined to 22 :cool:

Rafa/Fed >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pete/Andre in every way. Absolutely.

My second brother's first baby was born today. It's a boy again. I am tired of nephews:mad::lol: Congratulations, Aunt Hema, even though it's another nephew. (Maybe you'll be the one to bring girls into the family. ;))

l_mac
06-07-2010, 01:31 AM
I especially love the comparison with UK's favorite sandwich spread. Makes me believe Linda can top our GM poet:worship:

I think everyone knows that my creative talents have no limit.

There is a young lad from Spain
Who doesn't like to play in the rain
He's got a great ass
Loves clay and grass
And causing Roger Federer pain.

:worship:

rocketassist
06-07-2010, 01:38 AM
MacGruber update: the quality of the best bootleg I downloaded is very poor. I don't think I'll get to watch it in the near future.

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

MacGruber, a WWE Superstar with a 100% win record.

Apparently it's the serve:rocker2:

The Daily Mail is an excellent resource on the matter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1284318/Rafael-Nadal-wants-service-like-Andy-Murrays.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Tory rag.

There are about 12 Rafatards posting on GM that are surely all the same poster.

I thought that. All of them bringing up last year and saying he was injured and Soderling would never have won otherwise.

elessar
06-07-2010, 01:40 AM
There once was a man from Spain...

Smoke944
06-07-2010, 02:24 AM

booooo :toothy:

Getta
06-07-2010, 02:42 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dxMcxPd1S6Ev/x610.jpg

Bibberz
06-07-2010, 03:42 AM
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9275/handsx.jpg

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 04:07 AM
i puked on several things which did not deserve to be puked upon.

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 05:21 AM
a fifth wictory

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fzE7fpaj1f1J/610x.jpg

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 05:26 AM
:awww: waffles sobbing wep :awww:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01Rl7Nsbxw6Sx/x610.jpg

maybe now his mom and dad will love him enough to get back together :yeah:

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 05:30 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/d3/fullj.623b866a1bd0aa4e9f2f182d710d79ee/623b866a1bd0aa4e9f2f182d710d79ee-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 05:37 AM
et quel sourire

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/2e/fullj.ce4bfcff86daf8fd4336357c23e31af2/ce4bfcff86daf8fd4336357c23e31af2-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/d9/fullj.876cc2e08f0dcd50a86b931ab6fd4e54/876cc2e08f0dcd50a86b931ab6fd4e54-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

MariaV
06-07-2010, 08:15 AM
:bigwave:

Excellent sig Linda! :worship: :bowdown:

Yes Melanie, I certainly enjoyed my party after all the pression. :lol: :D I hadn't drunk as much wine in years. :o :o But I have no hangover whatsoever and am ready to go just like Rafa on grass at Queen's! :rocker: :rocker:

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Something amusing.

Damn, I missed a bit of fun, I see, but the word "unnatural" is a strong enough hint.

I wish that I could goodrep Carlita for her classy reply.

MariaV
06-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Damn, I missed a bit of fun, I see, but the word "unnatural" is a strong enough hint.

That is/was NID. :shrug:

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 09:40 AM
How are things today, Maria? Nursing a headache this morning.

Being asked via twitter who she will support in the final yesterday.
Kim Clijsters' answer: Rafa!

Of Schiavone she says:
Great to see one of the nicest,funniest,coolest,honest and hard working girl win the throphy

<Eve>
06-07-2010, 09:43 AM

There were no deletes and edits, came out of nowhere. :shrug:

Congrats with rafa's win btw, good play!

MariaV
06-07-2010, 09:51 AM
How are things today, Maria? Nursing a headache this morning.

Being asked via twitter who she will support in the final yesterday.
Kim Clijsters' answer: Rafa!

Of Schiavone she says:
Great to see one of the nicest,funniest,coolest,honest and hard working girl win the throphy

Kim is a sweetie. ;)
You have a headache? :awww: :hug: I was sure I will be suffering too this morning after all the pression and drama but shockingly I am absolutely fine. :D :D So happy for Rafa. :dance: :banana:

Hello Eva! :wavey:

<Eve>
06-07-2010, 09:55 AM
hey maria ! had a good drink on rafa's win i read? :lol:

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Goede morgen, Eva (is het nu Eva of Eve? :scratch: )

You (your country) has elections coming up this week, right? How do you think Geert Wilders is going to do?
As you know, we have them as well this Sunday but I'm afraid that ours will have bad results. The word "impasse" comes to mind. :help:

You have a headache? :awww: :hug:
No, I didn't drink enough yesterday to get a headache the next morning.

<Eve>
06-07-2010, 10:10 AM

You (your country) has elections coming up this week, right? How do you think Geert Wilders is going to do?
As you know, we have them as well this Sunday but I'm afraid that ours will have bad results. The word "impasse" comes to mind. :help:

Goede morgen :wavey: It's Eva :) but ppl call me eve all the time, or eef ..

We have them on Wednesday indeed :yeah: I'm really curious what the outcome will be.
Geert Wilders.. oef. In the polls he's doing well, but loses day after day. he did well in the 'gemeenteraadsverkiezingen' and now causes troubles in there which decreases his credibilty..

Oh yes ive read about Belgium as well, i think the problem with you is the Dutch vs French speaking ppl no?

acionescu
06-07-2010, 10:12 AM
I saw the twitters last weekened and for my surprise( yeah, sure :lol:) Serena said nothing about the final or Francesca's victory, only talking about her trip to Africa :eek:

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Is Serena in Africa just as a personal holiday or is she there for a good cause?

Good to see that Wilders is losing ground, Eva.

Over here, we have two extremists losing territory which is good but sadly, there's another one on the right wing coming up :help:

i think the problem with you is the Dutch vs French speaking ppl no?
Basically, yes. :lol:

MariaV
06-07-2010, 10:21 AM

Ah, so you were asking about my head. :lol: It's just fine. :D And I mean it's not like I was drinking too much, just some wine. :D :angel:

<Eve>
06-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Is Serena in Africa just as a personal holiday or is she there for a good cause?

Good to see that Wilders is losing ground, Eva.

Over here, we have two extremists losing territory which is good but sadly, there's another one on the right wing coming up :help:

Basically, yes. :lol:yes i also think that's good. Wilders is a weird guy and has a some very controversial ideas... but i must admit that because of the extreme wings, i find politics more interesting ;)

-Evita-
06-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Congrats to Berankis who won his first Challenger last week at Nottingham :banana:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04F07Yf8m56SN/610x.jpg

More pics here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=10014546&postcount=817)

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Also from twitter and for Adam (if he's reading, that is)

Sania Mirza (before the final)
Gooooo Raaffaaa!!!

must admit that because of the extreme wings, i find politics more interesting
You do? I find it rather depressing to see these loudmouthing nitwits score big based on cheap shots.

I'm loving the thread title.
Maximus to Commodus: “My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.”

<Eve>
06-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Also from twitter and for Adam (if he's reading, that is)

Sania Mirza (before the final)

You do? I find it rather depressing to see these loudmouthing nitwits score big based on cheap shots.

I'm loving the thread title.
yup I do. not because of their cheap wins (like with wilders, he had a big win in gemeenteraad but he's losing ground already) but because there are some new topics and i find that interesting :scratch:

MariaV
06-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Evita! :wavey:

I also wanted to say what a horrible draw for Jarkko to meet Federer in the first rd in Halle. :( :(

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Note to self: avoid asking Andreea questions if you actually care to get an answer.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2127/jmacrafa.jpg
my two main tennis heroes + the trophy in one cute picture. :inlove: I'd make an avatar out of it if the size of the regular avatars was decent.

Minn
06-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Good morning everyone.

Yes Melanie, I certainly enjoyed my party after all the pression. :lol: :D I hadn't drunk as much wine in years. :o :o But I have no hangover whatsoever and am ready to go just like Rafa on grass at Queen's! :rocker: :rocker: Glad you're feeling good this morning, Maria.

You hadn't mentioned anything lately but from the sounds of it nothing has changed. That's too bad. I hope whatever happens on Sun. that you can have a functional government for a while.

:wavey:

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Many congrats to every fangirl on here :hug: :cool: Rafiangel well deserved to win it back and take his first spot back :hug:

Hope you'll be more "relaxed" from now on :awww: :hug: :hug: :hug:

MariaV
06-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Note to self: avoid asking Andreea questions if you actually care to get an answer.

my two main tennis heroes + the trophy in one cute picture. :inlove: I'd make an avatar out of it if the size of the regular avatars was decent.

Lovely, lovely. :D :D

I know I'm bad but what did you ask Andreea? :o

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Didn't you tell me that you were going to Amsterdam last Friday, JM? :scratch:
Or is it this Friday?
Or is it an imaginary trip?

You hadn't mentioned anything lately but from the sounds of it nothing has changed. That's too bad. I hope whatever happens on Sun. that you can have a functional government for a while.

:wavey:
As one of our comedians Philippe Guebels says it: "having no government isn't a problem as such. No, the problems only start once we have a government"

I think that we're heading for a deadlock after the next elections.
There's this one Flemish separatist Bart De Wever who's heading for a monster score if the polls are to be believed and thus, his party would end up being in the government if you follow the democratic principles.

Problem: practically no other political party wants to work with De Wever.

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 12:46 PM
I know I'm bad but what did you ask Andreea? :o
:secret: Oh nothing important really.

MariaV
06-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Oh Hilde this I can tell you, JM is going to Amsterdam this Friday. :) :hearts: :inlove:

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Didn't you tell me that you were going to Amsterdam last Friday, JM? :scratch:
Or is it this Friday?
Or is it an imaginary trip?

It's this Friday :shrug: :ras: :p

JolánGagó
06-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Oh Hi :wavey:

How are you gals feeling today? :) Here the sun shines and little flowers sprout everywhere :dance:

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 12:54 PM
This Friday, eh? Well, have fun.

Hi JG. :wavey: The weather is okay here so I'm not complaining.

I think that Mikey needs to post his favorite recepy in Prima Donna's new thread.
What was it again?
* Get lasagne (or whatever it was) out of freezer
* Warm meal up in microwave oven
* Take package out of oven
* burn fingers
* remove plastic foil
* wrap bib around neck
* eat

JolánGagó
06-07-2010, 12:56 PM
OMG

At the moment I have it on with the sound down, so I can keep an eye without having to hear Nadal's incessant grunting If Robin should start coming back I'll start watching more seriously again.

:haha:

Carlita simply :worship: :worship:

elessar
06-07-2010, 12:56 PM

How are you gals feeling today? :) Here the sun shines and little flowers sprout everywhere :dance:
Hello sweetie :hug:

One of your spanish brethren has been harassing me :crying2:

Also I hate mosquitoes :bigcry:

elessar
06-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Two posts earlier she was saying she NEVER watches Nadal.

MariaV
06-07-2010, 12:57 PM

Heeey JG! :hug: Hope you enjoyed Rafa's victory. :D :bounce: :bigclap:
Now it really doesn't matter to me how he'll do in London. :D :D
Sunny here too even if a bit chilly, only +15C, feels much warmer though. :D

acionescu
06-07-2010, 12:58 PM

I'm always at work in the mornings :awww: If I suddently dissapear that means duty calls :ras:

I don't think she was specific about it :scratch: but I tend to believe it's charity work.

OMG, what a cute picture :hearts: Those must be the cutest pics EVER with the RG trophy :worship:

Where is HERE? :D

acionescu
06-07-2010, 12:59 PM
I put the "thumb up" pic with the most gorgeous smile on my desktop :inlove:

MariaV
06-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Prima donna in GM :hearts: :inlove:
I wish Flava would come back :awww: :bigcry: :crying2:

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 01:05 PM
I see you guys are still obsessed with Rose :rolleyes: time to get a life and move on :retard:

acionescu
06-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Claire, your sig worked like a charm, it must to be said :hug:

MariaV
06-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Ah you were talking about Serena's trip. Hope she won't get some pulmonary disease like Roger did. :awww:

JolánGagó
06-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Hello sweetie :hug:

:kiss:

One of your spanish brethren has been harassing me :crying2:

OMG that's callous :mad: are you sure you didn't provoque him? :scratch:

Heeey JG! :hug: Hope you enjoyed Rafa's victory. :D :bounce: :bigclap:
Now it really doesn't matter to me how he'll do in London.

I don't care either, he might as well go on hollidays the rest of the year.

Where is HERE? :D

:lol: for a change, it now means HOME :D

acionescu
06-07-2010, 01:14 PM
OMG, that poem :o

JolánGagó
06-07-2010, 01:21 PM

you don't like it? :mad:

:armed:

elessar
06-07-2010, 01:21 PM
I see you guys are still obsessed with Rose :rolleyes: time to get a life and move on :retard:
My life is too sad and empty to let go of the few sources of amusement I have :sad:
Claire, your sig worked like a charm, it must to be said :hug:
:cool:
:kiss:

OMG that's callous :mad: are you sure you didn't provoque him? :scratch:

I think you know me better than that :(
Do we know where it came from :lol:?

JolánGagó
06-07-2010, 01:22 PM
OK, i corrected it.

star
06-07-2010, 01:27 PM

We had that already. Now we are under the anvil of the sun.

:awww: waffles sobbing wep :awww:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01Rl7Nsbxw6Sx/x610.jpg

maybe now his mom and dad will love him enough to get back together :yeah:

:sad: :sad:

There's a "charity" purpose, but television cameras accompany her and the Tennis Channel will have a program about all the good she has done.

:lol: The first one? Or Linda's follow-up?

tennizen
06-07-2010, 01:30 PM

Wow,that's a really nice pic. I like Jmac a lot:yeah:

T

I think that Mikey needs to post his favorite recepy in Prima Donna's new thread.
What was it again?
* Get lasagne (or whatever it was) out of freezer
* Warm meal up in microwave oven
* Take package out of oven
* burn fingers
* remove plastic foil
* wrap bib around neck
* eat

:lol: Yes, Mikey. I second this.

OK, i corrected it.

I put in my sig, first:dance:

star
06-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Wow,that's a really nice pic. I like Jmac a lot:yeah:

It is a nice picture. John loves the tennis champions so much. Also he has a son who is the same age and that photo captures both love and admiration. :hearts:

JolánGagó
06-07-2010, 01:36 PM

:ras:

you mention the unmentionable :dance:

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 01:37 PM
My life is too sad and empty to let go of the few sources of amusement I have :sad:

I thought you would be amused with the numerous Rafatards everywhere :shrug: oh wait, mocking them is no fun anymore since you've become a fangirl, was always just a matter of time anyway :awww: :hug: :hug:

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Next will be Mikey.......... :yawn: :zzz: :zzz:

elessar
06-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I thought you would be amused with the numerous Rafatards everywhere :shrug:
That's what VB's for :rocker2: but I try to be more discreet about it :unsure:
oh wait, mocking them is no fun anymore since you've become a fangirl, was always just a matter of time anyway :awww: :hug: :hug:
I don't think I'm there quite yet :o I'm just used to Rafa doing amzing on clay now, seeing him do well on grass pisses me off a lot more :D

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 01:47 PM
seeing him do well on grass pisses me off a lot more :D

You'll jump on the bandwagon as soon as Rafito wins a match on grass, as you know he's capable of winning Wimbledon again :rocker2: :hearts: :inlove: :shrug:

It was a certainty you couldn't resist those biceps for too long, girls and their hormones :rolleyes: :o :p

elessar
06-07-2010, 01:52 PM
How shallow do you think I am :rolleyes:
It's Rafiangel's smile that did it for me :hearts:

Carlita
06-07-2010, 01:54 PM
:wavey: a bit late :lol: but :woohoo: :worship: :bounce: yaaaaaaaaaaaay Rafitoooooooooooooooooooo :bounce: :worship: :woohoo:

Action Jackson
06-07-2010, 01:58 PM
How shallow do you think I am :rolleyes:
It's Rafiangel's smile that did it for me :hearts:

Not quite to Andreea's level.

Carlita
06-07-2010, 01:58 PM
OMG

:haha:

Carlita simply :worship: :worship::o no problem :rolls:

tennizen
06-07-2010, 02:00 PM
I thought you would be amused with the numerous Rafatards everywhere :shrug: oh wait, mocking them is no fun anymore since you've become a fangirl, was always just a matter of time anyway :awww: :hug: :hug:

Mocking them is always fun:rocker2:

That's what VB's for :rocker2: but I try to be more discreet about it :unsure:

Poor Claire,she gets no love:hug: First, Andreea threatens her with a report and a ban if she dares say a word against Rafito and now JM criticizes her for turning into a fangirl:sad:

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 02:05 PM
:o no problem :rolls:

So you spy in the coffeeshop and report it to Gago tool? :o

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Mocking them is always fun:rocker2:

Obviously not as funny as nitpicking on every word written by Rosie :shrug: :retard:

MariaV
06-07-2010, 02:07 PM
you don't like it? :mad:

:armed:

Love it, love it. :D :hearts: :inlove:

In yours it's not complete. :p :lol:

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 02:10 PM
People used to call me crazy when I said for years this site was ruled by Rafatards......... Carlita is just another proof :rolleyes:

JolánGagó
06-07-2010, 02:14 PM
People used to call me crazy when I said for years this site was ruled by Rafatards......... Carlita is just another proof :rolleyes:

Oh shut up FFS :rolleyes:

tennizen
06-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Obviously not as funny as nitpicking on every word written by Rosie :shrug: :retard:

I would say nitpicking and mocking are equally funny.

In yours it's not complete. :p :lol:

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Oh shut up FFS :rolleyes:

This is my last post on these forums, really unreal how rotten it is, armada's mafia taking control of just everything :rolleyes: :retard:

JolánGagó
06-07-2010, 02:19 PM
I would say nitpicking and mocking are equally funny.

and totally complementary.

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 02:24 PM
http://www.cabara.net/images/crotte_de_chien_wa.jpg

JolánGagó
06-07-2010, 02:25 PM
:spit:

:rolleyes:

elessar
06-07-2010, 02:27 PM
I think the shit pile is giving you the finger Jolan :awww:

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Not the usual photoshoot with the Tour Eiffel in the background but in Disneyland Paris:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/155/610xut.jpg
(thanks for the picture, Patxy)

acionescu
06-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Not quite to Andreea's level.

And I still look up to Linda :worship: :worship:

elessar
06-07-2010, 02:31 PM
:haha: great pic, hope he got his shirt signed by mr and mrs incredible :eek:

Probably the French didn't want him to defame the holy city of Paris by having his pic taken there :(

acionescu
06-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Not the usual photoshoot with the Tour Eiffel in the background but in Disneyland Paris:

I.HAVE.NO.WORDS. :o :o :o :o :o

acionescu
06-07-2010, 02:33 PM
:haha: great pic, hope he got his shirt signed by mr and mrs incredible :eek:

Probably the French didn't want him to defame the holy city of Paris by having his pic taken there :(

Or maybe he's bored of the Tour Eiffel :zzz: You know, it's his 5th :worship:

Action Jackson
06-07-2010, 02:35 PM
And I still look up to Linda :worship: :worship:

Linda exists in a special universe.

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 02:37 PM
What is next, Fergie turning into a fangirl too? :rolleyes: :retard: :sad:

JolánGagó
06-07-2010, 02:41 PM
I think the shit pile is giving you the finger Jolan :awww:

Do you think it's his own? it looks quite human :scared:

:bolt:

elessar
06-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Or maybe he's bored of the Tour Eiffel :zzz: You know, it's his 5th :worship:
Then he should just let someone else have a turn, greedy bastard :ras:

Peta Pan
06-07-2010, 03:02 PM
I think we definitely got the best looking Argie. :D

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/d8/fullj.4ab54f7b1c5c1aad841eec3d33569932/4ab54f7b1c5c1aad841eec3d33569932-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

But Metis probably likes this one. :p
What is this boy's name? Very gaolbait, but he's a cutie!
Who could have predicted that one?

That was a fun match too. I don't quite understand why Almagro is so hated on MTF.
:yeah: Neither do I. Maybe I'm biased there but I've never understood the Nico hate

That is awesome :haha:

It's definitely something different :o

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 03:03 PM
if he passes for cute, JM must have a chance with all you chicks ;)

as Hilde would say.. impressive chin

tennizen
06-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Do you think it's his own? it looks quite human :scared:

:bolt:

The pic was definitely very high-res:o

tennizen
06-07-2010, 03:06 PM

He is not cute:(. Look at his teeth:o

Edit: I was referring to the Argie kid, not JM

Peta Pan
06-07-2010, 03:06 PM

I only just noticed the chin in the reflection of the trophy :lol:

Well, I've never been one for conventional taste. I like it that way :)

Edit: I've found out who he is now and also that he's just turned 18 about 2 weeks ago.. he's of legal age PHEW, I don't feel so bad for (kind of) looking now :p

Peta Pan
06-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Ok, well since I'm missing a tooth near the front these days myself, bad teeth don't tend to bother me at all anymore either..

acionescu
06-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Then he should just let someone else have a turn, greedy bastard :ras:

He did. Last year :hug:

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 03:09 PM
so good to see the grassyass at Queens :hearts:

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the comparison Mikey :yeah: :rolleyes:

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 03:15 PM
:lol::hug: JMate

elessar
06-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Grass :inlove:

Gasquet :inlove:

acionescu
06-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Grass :inlove:

l_mac
06-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Many congrats to every fangirl on here :hug: :cool: Rafiangel well deserved to win it back and take his first spot back :hug:

Hope you'll be more "relaxed" from now on :awww: :hug:
Aw, thanks JM :hug:
:wavey: a bit late :lol: but :woohoo: yaaaaaaaaaaaay Rafitoooooooooooooooooooo :bounce: :worship: :woohoo:
:woohoo: :bigcry:
Poor Claire,she gets no love:hug: First, Andreea threatens her with a report and a ban if she dares say a word against Rafito and now JM criticizes her for turning into a fangirl
Tough to be Claire these days :awww:
This is my last post on these forums, really unreal how rotten it is, armada's mafia taking control of just everything :rolleyes:
Noooooooooooooooooo!

Probably preparing to have the French Open played in the shadow of magic kingdom.

Grass! :hearts: It's always such a relief to see the orange courts after 10 months of hardcourt play, and now after 2 packed months of clay it's so lovely top see the green courts :sobbing:

star
06-07-2010, 04:04 PM
so good to see the grassyass at Queens :hearts:

The green grass is always so refreshing after months of red clay. But, I hate those red backdrops at Queens. They need to be changed.

elessar
06-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Good thing they've been blue for two years now.

Merton
06-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Grass season is here :D Pretty open in my mind, the king looks vulnerable. :awww:

Back to see what happened in the thread.

l_mac
06-07-2010, 04:17 PM
What a super title.

acionescu
06-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Star :rolls: :o

acionescu
06-07-2010, 04:29 PM
I so miss Stella Artois, btw :tears:

Merton
06-07-2010, 04:29 PM
You're missing like half the line :inlove:

I know, that is the part I remembered :( I found the entire thing here, it starts at 1:45 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvAbGbFYAuk

Hey, that sounds promising. :devil: Who's playing Spartacus?

I know you are interested for purely artistic reasons :aplot:

Wow I read "I, Claudius" when I was 12 y.o. and absolutely loved it :o Generally those were the interesting times to live in (though I am very happy I live in my little town in a forgotten country :lol: ).

Imagine living as a poor slave farmer at those times. Pretty depressing.

And starts a Whole Thread just to talk about himself. :lol: :lol:

Somebody who is excessively fond of him/herself.

Well, they didn't put that work into Spartacus. It's dreary, not historically accurate, and just a lot of gore and sex. I think it was trading on that Rome series -- which wasn't so bad if only Julius Ceasar and Cleopatra hadn't been so totally off.

Thanks, that does not sound too interesting to see.

Merton
06-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Linda, the title is just a true statement, like "it is sunny in Athens today". Not controversial at all :D :hug:

rocketassist
06-07-2010, 04:40 PM

Yep. AEGON is boring. They sponsor every bloody tourney here besides Wimbledon.

Action Jackson
06-07-2010, 04:43 PM

I thought you are a wine drinker.

Linda, the title is just a true statement, like "it is sunny in Athens today". Not controversial at all :D :hug:

Never in doubt.

acionescu
06-07-2010, 04:45 PM
We should be thankfull, I guess :worship: But the red with the green of grass made a special look and atmosphere for Queens :sad:

acionescu
06-07-2010, 04:46 PM
I thought you are a wine drinker.

Actually, I'm more like a vodka girl but it's true that wine>>>>>beer in my :drink: book

Action Jackson
06-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Vlach, did you see the flat track bully Asafa Powell the other day in Oslo.

acionescu
06-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Nope. Too busy shaking in my Nikes about yesterday match :o

acionescu
06-07-2010, 04:52 PM
So what? He'll still choke worse than PHM coming a real important event :rolls:

star
06-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks, that does not sound too interesting to see.

I don't think people (except the Greeks, that is) remember that Cleopatra and all her line were ethnic Greeks. :)

MariaV
06-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Well done Richard! :D :yeah: :bounce:

acionescu
06-07-2010, 04:58 PM
I do :dance: But I'm 12.5% Greek :D

star
06-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Star :rolls: :o

What? They were already changed? :o

When one has reached one's golden years, these things happen. ;)

acionescu
06-07-2010, 05:00 PM
GOAT match following on ES :rocker2:

Action Jackson
06-07-2010, 05:01 PM
So what? He'll still choke worse than PHM coming a real important event :rolls:

He is so soft.

Merton
06-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Nice. Since you know you aren't Elessar don't reply me like I was talking to you in the first place.

If you only want to address Elessar why don't you just PM her? :shrug:

Don't lose faith little grasshopper. I am pretty sure this is the absolute peak of the thread since I started it. :Riding off his high horse:

Don't be silly. This is a message board. People respond to all kinds of messages not addressed to them. No need to be grumpy about it. :hug:

Exactly.

This is offensive for me since I would like to think that I would never be a member of a waco sect. :( The post suggests that you jump easily to conclusions, so I suggest reading the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius. http://www.amazon.com/Meditations-Penguin-Classics-Marcus-Aurelius/dp/0140441409

from GM

[I]Oh Rafa, you are so great

Amazing art :haha: :haha:

My second brother's first baby was born today. It's a boy again. I am tired of nephews:mad::lol:

Congrats Hema :hug: I am pretty sure a niece will come soon enough.

elessar
06-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Boggo time :sport:

elessar
06-07-2010, 05:06 PM
I missed that post, a new nephew Hema you're so lucky :awww:

Maybe you should do a human (male) sacrifice to Shakti to get a little girl next time:D

Merton
06-07-2010, 05:08 PM
The highlight of the grass season, the Ruler of green, the Terror of grass, the Scourge of the ball bashers... :contains himself: just... Boggoooo :rocker2:

MariaV
06-07-2010, 05:13 PM
I hope Linda's watching. :drool: :D

acionescu
06-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Dimitrov looks so full of himself :lol:

acionescu
06-07-2010, 05:15 PM
OTOH, Linda's bf looks like a tool :D :o

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 05:16 PM
:unsure: US wc team not looking promising (http://gawker.com/5555692/these-are-the-10-hottest-players-on-the-us-world-cup-soccer-team/gallery/) :unsure:

adee-gee
06-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Boycotting the thread.

Snoo, we are doing well :sport:

acionescu
06-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Boycotting the thread.

Why? :tears:

adee-gee
06-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Why? :tears:
Title.

Merton
06-07-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't think people (except the Greeks, that is) remember that Cleopatra and all her line were ethnic Greeks. :)

Absolutely, the founder of the dynasty was Ptolemy, a general of Alexander the Great. They found it convenient that Pharaoh kings were viewed like gods so they adopted the Egyptian ceremonies. But it was a Greek regime.

By the way, I love history :)

star
06-07-2010, 05:25 PM
:unsure: US wc team not looking promising (http://gawker.com/5555692/these-are-the-10-hottest-players-on-the-us-world-cup-soccer-team/gallery/) :unsure:

I've been meaning to tell you that your avatar looks remarkably like my current doctor. Eerie, in fact.

Merton
06-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Dimitrov looks cocky indeed. :(

Action Jackson
06-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Marcos Daniel serving bombs, be very afraid.

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 05:36 PM
kammon rampras you tot mug

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 05:38 PM
I've been meaning to tell you that your avatar looks remarkably like my current doctor. Eerie, in fact.

most peculiar

are liam neeson and jessica biel dating? cuz that would be kind of funny.

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 05:39 PM
also when the hell is eric bana gonna make another movie?

Smoke944
06-07-2010, 05:39 PM
great backhand pass from Boggo for the break :dance:
Eurosport Commentator: AAWurughahhh! That is fabulous!

acionescu
06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
They say here that Boggo had 8 WC to Wimbledon in his carreer and never passed the 1st round :haha: :haha:

Linda :hug:

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Thread title. :(

You're already getting too big for your boots? :armed:

acionescu
06-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Yep, they say never to trust the Greeks......:(

star
06-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Absolutely, the founder of the dynasty was Ptolemy, a general of Alexander the Great. They found it convenient that Pharaoh kings were viewed like gods so they adopted the Egyptian ceremonies. But it was a Greek regime.

By the way, I love history :)

Me too!

Minn is also a history lover.

star
06-07-2010, 05:55 PM
most peculiar

are liam neeson and jessica biel dating? cuz that would be kind of funny.

I'm not exactly up on this, but wasn't she with that Justin Timberlake guy? I've never ever seen the woman in any film or tv. Just in gossip magazines.

Esp. bearing gifts. :sad:

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 05:56 PM
never look a greek horse in the mouth

star
06-07-2010, 06:01 PM

:rolls:

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Noooooooooooooooooo!

You fangirls pushed it too far and you know it... :retard:

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 06:09 PM
great backhand pass from Boggo for the break :dance:
Eurosport Commentator: AAWurughahhh! That is fabulous!one of his fave lines

in bbc studio Petchey and Sue Barker slaughtered John Lloyd over the Murray DC stuff

They say here that Boggo had 8 WC to Wimbledon in his carreer and never passed the 1st round :haha: :haha:
thats true

2 of those times he came up against legends Federer & Escude and 1 other time v Nadal

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 06:12 PM
:wavey: goodbye then.

acionescu
06-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Me watching Queens. Petru comes into the room :confused: Mom, why is it green? It was orange until yesterday.... :confused:

:rolls: :awww:

tennizen
06-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Congrats Hema :hug: I am pretty sure a niece will come soon enough.

Thanks, Merton:hug: It's the fourth boy if I include the one nephew I have from my husband's side.*sigh*

But this new one is super-adorable, so I guess he redeemed his presence a little bit:awww::lol:

Maybe you should do a human (male) sacrifice to Shakti to get a little girl next time:D

Why didn't I think of that? Am glad you are well-versed in the sacrifice rituals to come to my rescue:rocker2:

Me watching Queens. Petru comes into the room :confused: Mom, why is it green? It was orange until yesterday.... :confused:

Poor Petru:hug:. I wonder what he would have to go through if Soderling had won yesterday.

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Scoobs boy Dimitrov alot bigger looking than last time i seen him

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Rusedski "i was in top fifty in the world when i was 19, Tim Henman when he was 21.............
............."

acionescu
06-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Title.

I understand :(

Really :eek:

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Really :eek:http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0221.gif

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 06:30 PM
know who's (a) a total babe; (b) quite possibly french; and (c) went to raffles' match yesterday?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dr45ePfxq6kU/610x.jpg

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 06:31 PM
fucking fuck i thought if rampras won i was through but i need wotsit surfer to win a goddamn set :banghead: this is so hard.

acionescu
06-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Jean Paul Belmondo :worship:

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 06:34 PM
mamma mia

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3321/3557831639_6258c3af40.jpg

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 06:34 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lh1HOvNynGY/SgZsAz5iw6I/AAAAAAAAAXY/Y_UoueqjGqE/s400/171738~Jean-Paul-Belmondo-Posters.jpg

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Belmondo :) He's a regular in RG, though.

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 06:39 PM
never heard of him, but impressive curly

babe was black haired chick

acionescu
06-07-2010, 06:40 PM
i had a colleague that looked exactly like him. A totally moron, though :o

acionescu
06-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Muzza had a haircut :hearts:

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 06:41 PM
what a mug

http://theselvedgeyard.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/jean-paul_belmondo2c_1960.jpg

acionescu
06-07-2010, 06:42 PM
He is so cute :awww:

EDIT: Muzza, I mean

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 06:43 PM
anyone see Murray laughing there

play suspended

do you like my Avy andreea?

Snoo Foo
http://28.media.tumblr.com/koBJdk6EOj3ift2ml8vdFK2Uo1_500.jpg

acionescu
never heard of him, but impressive curly

:speakles: :dissapointed:

Castafiore
He's not exactly "cute" as far as I'm concerned but there's something attractive about him in a more rugged sort of way.

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 06:44 PM
meh tsok

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eVR9exdvlcx2/610x.jpg

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 06:46 PM
baby ducks are cute

Minn
06-07-2010, 06:47 PM
As one of our comedians Philippe Guebels says it: "having no government isn't a problem as such. No, the problems only start once we have a government"

I think that we're heading for a deadlock after the next elections.
There's this one Flemish separatist Bart De Wever who's heading for a monster score if the polls are to be believed and thus, his party would end up being in the government if you follow the democratic principles.

Problem: practically no other political party wants to work with De Wever. But a separatist party wouldn't be best to have in power, would it? We have kind of a separatist (Quebec French) party here and there is a sense that the people don't want the other main parties to work with them.

So you spy in the coffeeshop and report it to Gago tool? :o JM :rolleyes:. I highly doubt Carlita and Jolan carry out on-going secret PM conversations. Anyone can read anything, these are open forums. Don't go overboard.

(thanks for the picture, Patxy) :lol: :o

Me too!

Minn is also a history lover. I am indeed. :D :D I tend to prefer more recent history, say from the Renaissance on.

:rolls: :awww: :lol: Cute.

Snoo Foo
06-07-2010, 06:48 PM
he looks v v serious :scared:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03FDgHe3Zs9HT/610x.jpg

acionescu
06-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Some of Belmondo trophies:

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj340/joeyaltruda/UrsulaAndress2.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_up2miD5H1hs/RyDlpGsSqeI/AAAAAAAAAxc/OA1qfeVAuhw/s400/antonelli08.jpg

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 06:58 PM
But a separatist party wouldn't be best to have in power, would it? We have kind of a separatist (Quebec French) party here and there is a sense that the people don't want the other main parties to work with them.
Not at all. That's why I'm dreading the results.

To get a federal government, you need a majority on the Walloon side and you need a majority on the Flemish side. This complicates things when you don't see eye to eye.

On the Flemish side, the political party who, according to polls, is going to run away with the elections is N-VA, a party (even though they do not always say it word for word but it's their end goal) that's aiming for Flemish independance. Something I find quite insane as an idea. Flanders independent. :cuckoo:

Some of the Walloon politicians and media are ridiculing this politician De Wever (from N-VA) and all this does is give him more votes in Flanders.

FormerRafaFan
06-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Murray looks nice with his new haircut!!!

acionescu
06-07-2010, 07:01 PM
FU Riba :mad:

EDIT: and Dent :fiery:

l_mac
06-07-2010, 07:04 PM

Linda :hug:
:retard:

The only remotely winnable match he had was against the Gooch.

The rest if the time he was giving 150-450 ranking positions to his opponent. :ras: He took Rafa to a TB :shrug: :sport:

Not "you fangirls" anything. I said nothing.

Castafiore
06-07-2010, 07:06 PM
yeah, cover your own ass so that the rest of us get his full anger. :(

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 07:19 PM
JM :rolleyes:. I highly doubt Carlita and Jolan carry out on-going secret PM conversations. Anyone can read anything, these are open forums. Don't go overboard.

Obviously Melanie, still can't get how you fangirls keep sucking at gago's balls when all he's doing on here is fanboying Rafa like a kid and dishing out personal attacks everywhere... :rolleyes:

acionescu
06-07-2010, 07:20 PM
She gets a speacial treatment anyway :zzz: :(

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 07:20 PM

You don't fit my definition of "fangirl" :o :hug:

acionescu
06-07-2010, 07:21 PM
You don't fit my definition of "fangirl" :o :hug:

See? :rolls: :o

Merton
06-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Thread title. :(

You're already getting too big for your boots? :armed:

Not at all, I promised interesting thread titles. :shrug:

You distrust me? Impossible :( :secret: What gift did I bring?

:haha: :worship:

Imagine when he sees blue in August: "Mom, why do you watch this nonsense?"

True that.

Jean Paul Belmondo :worship:

What a guy, all flair and style. :hatoff:

Not at all. That's why I'm dreading the results.

To get a federal government, you need a majority on the Walloon side and you need a majority on the Flemish side. This complicates things when you don't see eye to eye.

On the Flemish side, the political party who, according to polls, is going to run away with the elections is N-VA, a party (even though they do not always say it word for word but it's their end goal) that's aiming for Flemish independance. Something I find quite insane as an idea. Flanders independent. :cuckoo:

Some of the Walloon politicians and media are ridiculing this politician De Wever (from N-VA) and all this does is give him more votes in Flanders.

Normally, politicians would love to position themselves at the center, precisely because it is a position that leads to power and/or power sharing agreements (and the perks that follow). In polarization times though, it may make sense to position at the extremes, because you get the extreme votes with certainty while positioning at the center would not be likely to lead to a participation in power coalitions.

This little theory assumes, of course, that politicians are calculateing bastards aiming to maximize their chances of grabbing power. Thanks for the updates.

acionescu
06-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Belmondo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Federer

EDIT: Even if, of course, 16>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>0

bokehlicious
06-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Andreea, Hitler >>>>>>>>>> Federer :shrug:, tell us something we don't know :rolleyes:

christallh24
06-07-2010, 07:40 PM
:eek: President Obama was in "Whoomp, There It is"? That pic does look a bit like him. I was too scared to click on that link, though.

Spain, by far, has the most gorgeous WC team. Not that that has any bearing on why I'm supporting them to win.

:ras: He took Rafa to a TB :shrug:

Post AO Rafa, was it not? Yeah, that was impressive.

:sobbing: I miss Rafa already.

JolánGagó
06-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Obviously Melanie, still can't get how you fangirls keep sucking at gago's balls when all he's doing on here is fanboying Rafa like a kid and dishing out personal attacks everywhere... :rolleyes:

Oh fuck off sweetie, lick your balls yourself if you're in such dire need :shrug:

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 07:46 PM
:sobbing: I miss Rafa already.obsessed much ?

l_mac
06-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Post AO Rafa, was it not? Yeah, that was impressive.

What? I'm talking about Boggo in Wim 2006 R1.

I assume you are talking about Dimitrov in Rotterdam. Not impressive at all given how shit Rafa played that whole tournament.

:sobbing: I miss Rafa already.

There are already pics of him at Queens :shrug:

Corey Feldman
06-07-2010, 07:51 PM
ffs, that challenger title i won only put me up 2 places on the rankings

how impossible is TT singles