"Everything flows", says Heraclitus, and so does this thread :awww: Rafachat vol 58 [Archive] - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

"Everything flows", says Heraclitus, and so does this thread :awww: Rafachat vol 58

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20

Smoke944
06-23-2010, 04:40 AM
they might have when he was up 2 sets to 0 or when he was up a break in the fourth

True, but knowing Falla all I could think was how will he screw this up. But anyway like you said nobody is incredibly passionate about tennis like the majority of the world is about football.

Snoo Foo
06-23-2010, 04:45 AM
nobody is incredibly passionate about tennis

maybe falla is luckiest of all that i'm not a colombian druglord

Smoke944
06-23-2010, 05:10 AM

yes, or maybe he is lucky that there are no druglords that are rafatards :p

acionescu
06-23-2010, 06:05 AM
drive by :hatoff: to andreea and me. we succeeded in failing epically at wimbly doubles :worship: we are so bad at this :lol:

:sport:

:sobbing:

I think the Dutch G is not complete unless there is some lung tissue expelled. That's the way it seems to me. :lol:

This is cute. Maybe you've seen it. The headline is: SOMETHING NEW??? SERENA WILLIAMS PHOTO'D HUGGING A MYSTERY CAUCASIAN MAN AT THE AIRPORT!!!

Can they really be that clueless?

http://mediatakeout.s3.amazonaws.com/photo/1277125117spl189061_005.jpg

Really? :haha: :haha:

Random fun fact before I go to bed: Other than Henry Chinaski bad repping me on my request, all the other bad reps in my whole MTF career have come from Glory/Sapeod :lol:

I think you should take this like some sort of a compliment :yeah:

+1

Castafiore
06-23-2010, 07:07 AM
It seems to me that this may have been explained before but I don't remember. I would appreciate it, Hilde and/or Eva, if you could tell me the differences between the two "g"s. Maybe a similar sound in an English (or French) word if possible to compare?
Hmmmm...I don't quite know how exactly to explain it.

The Dutch"g" (although some Dutchies, mostly near the south of the country, also use a soft sounding "g") is pronounced in the back of the mouth, it's a throat sound. Dutchies also tend to pronounces other sounds in the back of the mouth (the "sch" of Scheveningen).
The Flemish "g" is a soft sound, pronounced in the front of the mouth. It's not a throat sound.

The Flemish "g" slides more off your tongue, the Dutch "g" is firmly rooted in the throat.

For the Flemish "g", just listen to Clijsters talking in Flemish:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkPdr3njNdk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkPdr3njNdk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

This is a audio tape with a Dutch person saying a lot of words beginning with the throaty "g":
(I can't embed it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuG_HADAYas

Sorry, Andreea & others. Done with language talk now.
;)

I'll start. I saw my 1-year-old nephew today. He's adorable. :inlove: He loves remote controls (like for the TV, even though he's never been put in front of the TV. He just is sometimes in the room when others are watching.) Typical male. ;)
My godson (10 years old) lets me hold the remote controle :rocker2:...but er...he just waves his hand when I need to switch channels.
---> Him: "boring" - me: zap - Him: "boring" - me: zap - ...

I have a new 6-months year old German nephew who is as cute as can be so I'll have to brush up my German for him.

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Dutch's "g" >>>>>>> Flemish's "g"

Hope that helps Melanie :hug: :o :p

Castafiore
06-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Minn, the swiss Ollander is biased as hell. You know that. ;)

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Melanie, the Flemish Walloon is biased as hell. You know that. ;)

:D :p

scoobs
06-23-2010, 07:22 AM
I found the harder g sound easier to pronounce than the softer one - the Limburg g sound was very tricky for me to replicate but Sjoukje's was not so bad at all.

Castafiore
06-23-2010, 07:26 AM
In other words: Melanie needs to make up her own mind and not listen to Swiss Walloon wannabe Ollanders.

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 07:29 AM
I found the harder g sound easier to pronounce than the softer one - the Limburg g sound was very tricky for me to replicate but Sjoukje's was not so bad at all.

:lol: I felt the same for "Tilburg", to me when Eva pronounces it it sounds "Tilburrrrrr" (with throaty "r"s) very tricky to replicate :o :p

In other words: Melanie needs to make up her own mind and not listen to Swiss Walloon wannabe Ollanders.

Both Eva and you need to record something on vocaroo and let Melanie decide which one she prefers :o :D :p

Saumon
06-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Someone bumped an old thread in NT...
Alfie, Gaudio and Koubek are not gay. Just for you I will get one of my gay friends to try and hit on all the players, and then publish the results.
Georgie, did your friend ever report back to you? :p

Bibberz
06-23-2010, 08:48 AM
I am overusing :D recently. Maybe it's to make up for the lack of :D I'm producing in real life.

:lol: :hug:

in the first picture, its look like roddick is dry humping her. in the second picture, its look like their cuddling after sexy time. in the third picture, it look like serena celebrating being poked in public.

anyways word on the street is claire gets released from her box today.

Is this a reference to JG's quote in your sig? :scratch:

Anyone watch "The Two Escobars?"
That was brilliant and yet hard to watch.

I can't wait to watch it. The 30 for 30 series is absolute money.

I loved the ones on Len Bias, AI, and Ricky Williams. I expected Straight Outta L.A. to be a bit better, though.

Someone bumped an old thread in NT...

Georgie, did your friend ever report back to you? :p

:secret: The "friend" was just Georgie wearing a false mustache. He struck out. :tears:

<Eve>
06-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Thanks for explaining the difference between hard and soft g Hilde :)

Here's the word 'gaan' (to go) with
- Hard G http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Nl-gaan.ogg
- Soft G http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/Nl-gaan_(South).ogg

<Eve>
06-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Awww is that why he won't bring you? Because he thinks you'll fall in love with me? :D

I'm teetotal these days :shrug: :D I'll just record JM drunkenly saying how much he loves Rafito :sport:

I think you should come, it's a heatwave in London as well :dance:

Yes I think so :lol:

I wish i could come ;) but unfortunately i have to finish my bachelor so no time to travel :shrug: :) I think JM would never say he loves rafa so would be good to try! :p (that i didnt think of that!! :o )

scoobs
06-23-2010, 10:01 AM
:secret: The "friend" was just Georgie wearing a false mustache. He struck out. :tears:

Just out of curiosity, do all your gay stereotypes come from the Blue Oyster Bar in the Police Academy movies?

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I say everyday how much I love Rafa :shrug: I just don't do it on here :o :D :p

FormerRafaFan
06-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Anyone got pics from his match yesterday? I hear he was looking (and playing) good!

Saumon
06-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Henry asked to meet Sarko tomorrow. :lol:

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 11:06 AM

:spit: :haha:

oh and please someone tell that sokk tool that this isn't a cheering thread :rolleyes: :zzz:

Getta
06-23-2010, 11:09 AM
it just doesn't get it.

acionescu
06-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Go back and read , Sokk, someone posted a pic yesterday :inlove:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 11:15 AM

To teach him to use his hands no doubt :haha: :haha:

FormerRafaFan
06-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Go back and read , Sokk, someone posted a pic yesterday :inlove:

OMG, yesterday? how many pages do I have to look through? 20? lol. You guys talk a lot! :)

FormerRafaFan
06-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Hmmmm...I don't quite know how exactly to explain it.

The Dutch"g" (although some Dutchies, mostly near the south of the country, also use a soft sounding "g") is pronounced in the back of the mouth, it's a throat sound. Dutchies also tend to pronounces other sounds in the back of the mouth (the "sch" of Scheveningen).
The Flemish "g" is a soft sound, pronounced in the front of the mouth. It's not a throat sound.

The Flemish "g" slides more off your tongue, the Dutch "g" is firmly rooted in the throat.

For the Flemish "g", just listen to Clijsters talking in Flemish:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkPdr3njNdk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkPdr3njNdk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

This is a audio tape with a Dutch person saying a lot of words beginning with the throaty "g":
(I can't embed it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuG_HADAYas

Sorry, Andreea & others. Done with language talk now.
;)

My godson (10 years old) lets me hold the remote controle :rocker2:...but er...he just waves his hand when I need to switch channels.
---> Him: "boring" - me: zap - Him: "boring" - me: zap - ...

I have a new 6-months year old German nephew who is as cute as can be so I'll have to brush up my German for him.

I hate that throat sound. Seriously. It is awful. I think Dutch is a retarded language. It's ugly and just really weird. Why do they write the words with so many vowels, and why the throat sound? Sorry, not trying to offend anyone, it's just my opninion. I still love the Dutch people, even though I don't like the language.

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 11:31 AM
I think Dutch is a retarded language.

Reported

star
Just out of curiosity, do all your gay stereotypes come from the Blue Oyster Bar in the Police Academy movies?

He lives in the Bay area, so I'm sure they don't.

OMG, yesterday? how many pages do I have to look through? 20? lol. You guys talk a lot! :)

I thought the thread had been sort of slow considering it's Wimbledon.

When can I start cheering for Slovenia? :bounce:

jayjay

If you put snoo foo on ignore it's just 1 page. :hatoff:

scoobs
06-23-2010, 11:33 AM
He lives in the Bay area, so I'm sure they don't.

When can I start cheering for Slovenia? :bounce:
:lol: Quite so. I was amused by the idea that AJ turns gay by sticking on a false moustache though.

This thread is slow considering it's Wimbledon.

Getta
06-23-2010, 11:36 AM
I hate that throat sound. Seriously. It is awful. I think Dutch is a retarded language. It's ugly and just really weird. Why do they write the words with so many vowels, and why the throat sound?

a hard code to crack, isn't it?

star
06-23-2010, 11:48 AM
:lol: Quite so. I was amused by the idea that AJ turns gay by sticking on a false moustache though.

This thread is slow considering it's Wimbledon.

That's just the way WHitler would turn gay. :p Double account, so to speak.

Slow. :sad:

star
06-23-2010, 11:49 AM
If you put snoo foo on ignore it's just 1 page. :hatoff:

And the laughs are 0

Getta
06-23-2010, 11:52 AM
i have snoo foo on my buddy list.

Betty
06-23-2010, 11:57 AM
hi all:)

evi,but mike lost coz of sr?even if de back sould win..right?
:awww:

star
06-23-2010, 12:00 PM

The ever useful buddy list. :p

I love all our regulars. :) Even when I want to :smash: them. :lol:

Getta
06-23-2010, 12:11 PM
The ever useful buddy list. :p

still it's so beautiful that it's starting to be useful.

Action Jackson
06-23-2010, 12:15 PM
a hard code to crack, isn't it?

:)

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Fed on court 1 :rolleyes: so much disrespect :rolleyes: glad I'll be at Wimbledon on Friday to tell that bunch what I think of it :( :o

-Evita-
06-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Why would someone take such a picture? :spit:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/4b/fullj.704f56282b52fa70394057a13897a88b/704f56282b52fa70394057a13897a88b-getty-98954124th010_the_champions.jpg

-Evita-
06-23-2010, 12:21 PM
For sokk :hearts:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/73/fullj.49adabd45417ad68f15817ee53dc9ab3/49adabd45417ad68f15817ee53dc9ab3-getty-tennis-gbr-wimbledon.jpg

:awww:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/ba/fullj.e8376fc53234746ab3d57b50a3b1ca43/e8376fc53234746ab3d57b50a3b1ca43-getty-tennis-gbr-wimbledon.jpg

Betty
06-23-2010, 12:23 PM
:drool:thk evi:hearts:

Saumon
06-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Once again, Georgie avoided my question. :sad: It's mind blowing that this double account had over 1500 posts before getting banned.

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 12:33 PM
It's mind blowing that this double account had over 1500 posts before getting banned.

Claire surely could have managed this if she wasn't so "greedy" :o :p

-Evita-
06-23-2010, 12:33 PM
:drool:thk evi:hearts:

I also posted a couple shirtless pics in the Wimbledon thread, I didn't want to anger JM too much by posting them here :p

About TT - yes, I think Snoo has already won the match against Mikey. I had to manually calculate winners for all the matches, it was not easy :(

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 12:37 PM
I didn't want to anger JM too much by posting them here :p

Those you just posted are annoying enough :rolleyes: :( :o :zzz: :p

acionescu
06-23-2010, 12:38 PM
:bolt: to see the TT thread

It's only for not TT-related stuff that I visit the TT thread these days :sobbing:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 12:41 PM
You said tournement thread not TT thread? :o

me and my skipping reading habits :smash: :o

star
06-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Snoo should be awake watching her LLLLLLLLoooooooooorda. :)

She's getting her wish. :sad:

-Evita-
06-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Those you just posted are annoying enough :rolleyes: :( :o :zzz: :p

I know, that's why I limited myself :p :lol: :hug:

You said tournement thread not TT thread? :o

me and my skipping reading habits :smash: :o

Good idea to post these in the TT thread :rolls:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't want Roddick to lose :mad:

MariaV
06-23-2010, 01:22 PM
:bigwave: This thread is slow because I'm not around as much and Betty's on vacation. :p

Enric Molina :drool: :lick: :hearts: :inlove: is umpiring the Roddick vs Llodra match? Amélie! :D :D

MariaV
06-23-2010, 01:29 PM
JM is going to have a new kitten? :scratch: :speakles:

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 01:30 PM
JM is going to have a new kitten? :scratch: :speakles:

Nah, my roomie :o :p

star
06-23-2010, 01:31 PM
http://www.mercedes-benz-collection.eu/flag_slovenia.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

Peta Pan
06-23-2010, 01:33 PM
:bigwave: This thread is slow because I'm not around as much and Betty's on vacation. :p

Enric Molina :drool: :lick: :hearts: :inlove: is umpiring the Roddick vs Llodra match? Amélie! :D :D

WTF??? Get this Monfils/Beck crap off my TV now and show Roddick :mad:

(and why does Enric always seem to cop the Roddick matches? )

Peta Pan
06-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Mind you... Monfils/Beck has the delights of Mr Ramos so it's not ALL bad ;)

Bibberz
06-23-2010, 02:07 PM

Hmmm. I don't remember much at all from the Police Academy movies, so that can't be it.

Here's what I know about gay men:

-They like to stay out quite late (source: Karl Pilkington).
-They like to wear mustaches and address other people as "dear" (Freddie Mercury).
-They think Oprah is "just fantastic" (my 19th Century American Novel professor from junior year).

:shrug:

Then my work here is done, dear. :kiss:

tennizen
06-23-2010, 02:24 PM
I'll start. I saw my 1-year-old nephew today. He's adorable. :inlove: He loves remote controls (like for the TV, even though he's never been put in front of the TV. He just is sometimes in the room when others are watching.) Typical male. ;)

:lol: You should post a pic sometime:D

anyways word on the street is claire gets released from her box today.

:woohoo:

Agreed. And there's more footie talk than tennis talk even when someone posts:zzz:

Wise choice:yeah:

MariaV
06-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Nah, my roomie :o :p

Ah OK, I hope they'll take good care of her/him. :D

WTF??? Get this Monfils/Beck crap off my TV now and show Roddick :mad:

(and why does Enric always seem to cop the Roddick matches? )

Hehe yeah Enric seems to umpire Roddick a lot. Maybe that's some neutrality thing. :lol:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 02:39 PM
http://www.mercedes-benz-collection.eu/flag_slovenia.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/apr2009/3/7/england-flag-pic-rex-361150275.jpg

:armed:

Hmmm. I don't remember much at all from the Police Academy movies, so that can't be it.

Here's what I know about gay men:

-They like to stay out quite late (source: Karl Pilkington).
-They like to wear mustaches and address other people as "dear" (Freddie Mercury).
-They think Oprah is "just fantastic" (my 19th Century American Novel professor from junior year).

I don't like your sig :( *waiting for some midle finger smileys to make an appearance any minute now*

acionescu
06-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Just watched Roddick-Llodra S&V :zzz:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Switched to Lleyton-Korolev. Lleyton's play+Korolev shirtless = win :D

Merton
06-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Yves Montand :worship:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wages_of_Fear

http://www.jonathanrosenbaum.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/thewagesoffearbuddies.jpg

Action Jackson
06-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Slovenia every player has been rubbish.

acionescu
06-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Claire, you lurk?

Any progress on the discussed matter? :awww: :o

acionescu
06-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Wonderfull movie :worship: :worship:

tennizen
06-23-2010, 02:54 PM
The Isner-Mahut match:cuckoo:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Slovenia every player has been rubbish.

And thank God for that :bigclap:

Merton
http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2010/06/16/too-much-at-stake-for-long-drilling-moratorium/

Too much at stake for long drilling moratorium

"Deepwater oil production in the Gulf of Mexico accounted for 23 percent of all oil produced in the United States last year, and 7 percent of all crude consumed in the nation’s refineries, according to the Energy Information Administration’s “Annual Energy Outlook.”

Pressure to resume drilling new wells, with additional safeguards, will therefore be immense. There is no practical alternative. Any moratorium is set to be relatively short, at least for operators other than BP itself."

star

I didn't want him to lose either. And he didn't!! :dance:

Switched to Lleyton-Korolev. Lleyton's play+Korolev shirtless = win :D

I set my recorder to record that match before I left the house.

acionescu
06-23-2010, 02:56 PM
The Isner-Mahut match:cuckoo:

S&V, the true beautiful tennis :worship: :retard:

Snoo Foo
06-23-2010, 02:57 PM
dude that's one of my favoritest movies of all. fuckin. time.

star
http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2010/06/16/too-much-at-stake-for-long-drilling-moratorium/

Too much at stake for long drilling moratorium

"Deepwater oil production in the Gulf of Mexico accounted for 23 percent of all oil produced in the United States last year, and 7 percent of all crude consumed in the nation’s refineries, according to the Energy Information Administration’s “Annual Energy Outlook.”

Pressure to resume drilling new wells, with additional safeguards, will therefore be immense. There is no practical alternative. Any moratorium is set to be relatively short, at least for operators other than BP itself."

Already a federal judge has ruled that the government's halt on drilling was "arbitrary." :rolleyes:

I'm sure that judge's investments in oil companies had nothing to do with the decision.

Merton
The movie was allegoric but similarities with the current situation are profound and disturbing. :sad:

MariaV
06-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Roddick was never going to lose this match. :shrug:
Star! :wavey: Lleyton 2 sets up.

acionescu
06-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Petru is watching a rerun of O'Sullivan-Selby from the Masters some 6 monts ago and he's rooting for Ronnie like crazy :rolls:

Maybe he'll win today, for a change :awww:

star
06-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Roddick was never going to lose this match. :shrug:
Star! :wavey: Lleyton 2 sets up.

It's always possible for Andy to lose. :lol: God knows it's happened LOTS of times. :sad:

Lley Lley! But, I didn't have doubts about him against Korolev.

MariaV
06-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Not seen that movie. :o

Saumon
06-23-2010, 03:04 PM
snooker rerun? :unsure:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 03:05 PM
19-18 :haha: :haha:

MariaV
06-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Oh boy, Mahut and Isner still at it. :eek: :eek: :o :o
Beautiful Feliciano back on track against that Lithuanian kid, even if he lost a set. Will Berankis become a top player?

MariaV
06-23-2010, 03:06 PM

Yes, on Eurosport. :D :lol:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 03:06 PM

Yep, they show that final again. Like they show 1980 final every time it's raining at wimbledon :shrug:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 03:07 PM
And David James :drool: isn't dropping the ball :eek: It's a miracle :bowdown:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Rooney mugging it up in the penalty area :retard:

MariaV
06-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Korolev retired. The Kazakh. :o

tennizen
06-23-2010, 03:14 PM
S&V, the true beautiful tennis :worship: :retard:

:lol:

20-19:rocker2:

Berankis:wavey:

-Evita-
06-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Beautiful Feliciano back on track against that Lithuanian kid, even if he lost a set. Will Berankis become a top player?

I don't know about top 10 but he should become a regular on the ATP tour soon. He'll definitely be top 50, probably also top 30 in a year or two.

:lol:

20-19:rocker2:

I need Isner or Giraldo to win for my TT doubles. I think Isner is more likely but I really have no idea at this point, it seems they both might lose :sobbing:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 03:23 PM
OMG, England :smash: :sigh:

Saumon
06-23-2010, 03:25 PM
21-21 :lol:

Merton
06-23-2010, 03:25 PM
She's not officially "my" chica (yet)....we're still just good friends :sad: the potential is growing though. Actually she was thinking of coming to the tennis on Friday but I don't think she can get it off work, I think it's probably for the best :scared: :p

Hmmm...

Use :) instead. It annoys people more.

Noted for future reference :)

drive by :hatoff: to andreea and me. we succeeded in failing epically at wimbly doubles :worship: we are so bad at this :lol:

I don't believe that :hug:

Stereotypes :( :lol:

This is cute. Maybe you've seen it. The headline is: SOMETHING NEW??? SERENA WILLIAMS PHOTO'D HUGGING A MYSTERY CAUCASIAN MAN AT THE AIRPORT!!!

Can they really be that clueless?

Amazing how clueless that is. :eek:

falla is lucky pablo escobar isn't a tennis fan. and is also dead.

From what I read there are death threats against the Nigerian player that got the red card against Greece.

I say everyday how much I love Rafa :shrug: I just don't do it on here :o :D :p

Recorded for future reference. :D

still it's so beautiful that it's starting to be useful.

So there is a utility after all for that list.

He didn't

acionescu
06-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Bozoljac :inlove: :hearts: :drool: :lick:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Falla :mad: :smash:

Merton
06-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Already a federal judge has ruled that the government's halt on drilling was "arbitrary." :rolleyes:

I'm sure that judge's investments in oil companies had nothing to do with the decision.

I saw that decision. :( Even worse is that even without it the US goverment would allow offshore drilling again after the midterm elections and when they estimate the Gulf disaster is forgotten.

l_mac
06-23-2010, 03:32 PM
This Isner Mahut match is a disgrace!

star
06-23-2010, 03:36 PM
:worship: :worship: Mahut For holding from behind SO MANY TIMES. :eek:

star
06-23-2010, 03:39 PM

He looks to be a good prospect. We'll see.

It's exciting! :) :) :)*

*for annoyance sake. :)

Merton
06-23-2010, 03:39 PM
I see Justine is still in the tournament. Metis will be pleased.

Mahut-Isner might take some time. :lol:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 03:40 PM

I bet some true tennis lovers are already tired from all that wanking over it :o

acionescu
06-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Wow, a deuce :eek:

-Evita-
It's exciting! :) :) :)*

*for annoyance sake. :)

Just to be clear - not everyone is annoyed by these smilies. When I see them I want to smile right back at them :)

* At least when I'm in a good mood :lol:

star
I bet some true tennis lovers are already tired from all that wanking over it :o

:lol: :lol:

star
06-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Just to be clear - not everyone is annoyed by these smilies. When I see them I want to smile back at them :)

* At least when I'm in a good mood :lol:

I'm not annoyed by them either but I think it's amusing that Linda is. :lol:

Merton
06-23-2010, 03:44 PM
62-54 in aces for Isner. :lol:

-Evita-
06-23-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm not annoyed by them either but I think it's amusing that Linda is. :lol:

I don't think she is, I remember her trying to annoy Claire by posting these smilies.

tennizen
06-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Mahut down 0-30

Edit: 30-30:(

Gabashvilli is up two sets to 1 against Kohlscheiber

Bibberz
06-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Lolololollolololollolololollolololollolololollolol olollolololollolololollolololollolololollololololl olololollolololollolololollolololollolololollololo lollolololollolololollolololollolololollolololollo lololollolololollolololollolololollolololollololol ollolololollolololollolololollolololollolololollol ololollolololollolololollolololollolololollolololo llolololollolololollolololollolololollolololollolo lolollolololollolololollolololollolololollolololol lolololollolololollolololollolololollolololollolol olollolololollolololollolololollolololollololololl olololollolololollolololol

acionescu
06-23-2010, 03:49 PM
England through :woohoo: :woohoo:

But :o :tape:

Mike, JJ, maybe next time :awww: :hug:

OMG, US scored, Slovenia is out :tears:

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Unreal luck those yanks, as always :(

l_mac
06-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah, it's Claire who doesn't like :)

I like :)

l_mac
06-23-2010, 03:50 PM

Serves them right.

star
06-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Yeah, it's Claire who doesn't like :)

I like :)

Well, darn it then.

star
06-23-2010, 03:51 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=71499518420&id=0786eabd1398ca29207dcb9a229024e9&url=http%3a%2f%2f2.bp.blogspot.com%2f_QFU8C7SiPFU% 2fSwFJXGxSUvI%2fAAAAAAAAAoA%2fTJauj8_ldoM%2fs1600% 2flarry-harmon-as-bozo

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Germany-England should be fun...

Merton
06-23-2010, 03:54 PM
England's days are numbered anyway, we will just enjoy the over-reaction and the new expectations from the tabloids.

scoobs
06-23-2010, 03:55 PM
England went through?

Shit.

star
06-23-2010, 03:55 PM
England through :woohoo: :woohoo:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Who is the next underdog they play?

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Yes they did Chris :( hope SUI plays on Friday evening and not afternoon, will have to take my Fed shirt to cheer for the Swiss in London :rocker2: :D

Saumon
06-23-2010, 03:57 PM
This is the longest match in games since the introduction of the tie break. :lol:

-Evita-
06-23-2010, 03:59 PM
De Bakker and Giraldo are at 11-11 :rolleyes:

star
06-23-2010, 03:59 PM
This is the longest match in games since the introduction of the tie break. :lol:

Really?

Now I need to look up that Gonzales/Passrel match.

Edit: 22-24, 1–6, 16-14, 6–3, 11-9.

Saumon
06-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Really?

yes, someone has already updated wikipedia :lol:
it was 112 games. ;)

scoobs
06-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Really?

Edit: 22-24, 1–6, 16-14, 6–3, 11-9.
112 games.

we're at 95 here.

-Evita-
06-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Giraldo breaks :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Now serve it out please :rocker2:

tennizen
06-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Bozo holds:lol:

star
06-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Bozo holds:lol:

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=71499518420&id=0786eabd1398ca29207dcb9a229024e9&url=http%3a%2f%2f2.bp.blogspot.com%2f_QFU8C7SiPFU% 2fSwFJXGxSUvI%2fAAAAAAAAAoA%2fTJauj8_ldoM%2fs1600% 2flarry-harmon-as-bozo

-Evita-
06-23-2010, 04:05 PM
What??? Now it's 11-11 again? :fiery: What's happening in that match? :mad:

Edit: Giraldo didn't break :rolleyes:

star
06-23-2010, 04:06 PM
112 games.

we're at 95 here.

17 to go. :)

Action Jackson
06-23-2010, 04:09 PM
England went through?

Shit.

They will be out soon enough.

tennizen
06-23-2010, 04:11 PM
27-26:rocker2:

Bozo:bigwave:

Merton
06-23-2010, 04:13 PM
De Bakker and Giraldo are at 11-11 :rolleyes:

The irony is that the winner faces the winner of Mahut-Isner.

Saumon
06-23-2010, 04:15 PM
99 games :lol:

they also have 30 minutes to go for the longest match in time :rocker2:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 04:15 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Who is the next underdog they play?

:) :) :)

Germany, probably, World War XXXIII :o

Saumon
06-23-2010, 04:16 PM
100 games :dance:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Not even Mo can hide his boredom :zzz:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Haide, Victor, hold here :rocker:

MariaV
06-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Take that AJ, Slovenia is out! :ras: :nerner:

Oh boy indeed! :o :o :lol:

-Evita-
06-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Could they play 5 more hours and continue the match tomorrow? :o

Saumon
06-23-2010, 04:23 PM

and it should be tomorrow :lol:

MariaV
06-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Could they play 5 more hours and continue the match tomorrow? :o

:) :) 29-28

Bibberz
06-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Where is Tangy? I would have thought she'd be LOLing all over MTF by now.

I don't like your sig :( *waiting for some midle finger smileys to make an appearance any minute now*

Oh, don't worry, I'll make a new one soon enough. :D

:hug:

Unreal luck those yanks, as always :(

:hug:

Action Jackson
06-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Take that AJ, Slovenia is out! :ras: :nerner:

The Russians are where exactly, that's right.

scoobs
06-23-2010, 04:26 PM
De Bakker wins :woohoo:

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 04:27 PM

wasn't my quote? you're losing it bro with the yanks overachieving :o :p

tennizen
De Bakker wins. He'll be the fresher one tomorrow:rocker2:

scoobs
104 games now in this match.

Saumon
If the stats are right, there has been just 1 BP in this set and just 11 in 100+ games :lol:

Bibberz
06-23-2010, 04:28 PM
wasn't my quote? you're losing it bro with the yanks overachieving :o :p

:haha:

I will edit.

MariaV
06-23-2010, 04:29 PM
The Russians are where exactly, that's right.

Those 2 qualie matches vs Slovenia were a disgrace. :( Putin or Medvedev should've punished some of the Russian players to set an example. :(

acionescu
06-23-2010, 04:29 PM

That's not JM's quote :( :o

MariaV
06-23-2010, 04:30 PM
30-29 :) :)

Saumon
06-23-2010, 04:31 PM
30-30

Domenech should have picked Mahut.

tennizen
06-23-2010, 04:31 PM
I hope they get 50 games each at least.

star
06-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Those 2 qualie matches vs Slovenia were a disgrace. :( Putin or Medvedev should've punished some of the Russian players to set an example. :(

Where's the gulag when you need it. :rolleyes:

104 games now in this match.

But god preserve us against the evil of a final set tiebreak. :lol:

Action Jackson
06-23-2010, 04:33 PM

One of the smallest countries there and almost making the 2nd round, where it's not the dominant sport.

Fact is they weren't good enough to qualify.

MariaV
06-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Where's the gulag when you need it. :rolleyes:

Exactly! :( Putin sure would like to restore it. :o

MariaV
06-23-2010, 04:36 PM
31-30 :) :)

acionescu
Final set TB is a disgrace. We only moan about the score in this particular match because of the boring tennis :o

bokehlicious
Go Mahut!

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Final set TB is a disgrace. We only moan about the score in this particular match because of the boring tennis :o

It would take 3 days to have such a scoreline between two moonballers, would be thrilling indeed :o

tennizen
06-23-2010, 04:39 PM
31-31

star
06-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Do ya think they made a pact to take it beyond 112 games and then let the best man win? :lol:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Victormug :(

star
06-23-2010, 04:42 PM
The AKs must be going crazy in the locker room.

adee-gee
For fuck sake break him Jizz.

Slovenia :mad:

JM, I need to sort out our plans for Saturday....I will PM you :p

bokehlicious
Adam, give me your number by pm please :o :p

acionescu
There is no best man in that match, tennis is the loser :o

And JM, between two moonballers, with weaker serves but better baseline game, that match would have went 10-8 the longest :shrug:

MariaV
06-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Victormug :(

You sound like he was losing. :o :lol:
Horia won in doubles 1st rd. :hearts: :inlove:

32-31 :) :) Don't forget the smilies people. :)

acionescu
06-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Vamos Dent, my American hero, compensate for the American disgraceful behaviour in football :rocker2:

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 04:44 PM
And JM, between two moonballers, with weaker serves but better baseline game, that match would have went 10-8 the longest :shrug:

You never know :shrug: it can happen someday, normally big servers also have games off...

star
06-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Vamos Dent, my American hero, compensate for the American disgraceful behaviour in football :rocker2:

Dent is one of my least favorite players. I don't even care if Feddie beats him. :p

Yes, those dammed USians winning. :rolleyes:

MariaV
06-23-2010, 04:46 PM
32-32 :) :)

acionescu
06-23-2010, 04:47 PM
He lost two BPs in pathetic fashion :shrug:

bokehlicious
Mahut is the better player out there but he will lose...

MariaV
Yes, those dammed USians winning. :rolleyes:

I was told USA had another legit goal disallowed today so it would've been a total misjustice if they hadn't got through.

MariaV
06-23-2010, 04:48 PM

Hopefully. :)
Victor finally held. :D

tennizen
06-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Unreal how boring today's matches are:lol:

star
06-23-2010, 04:49 PM
I was told USA had another legit goal disallowed today so it would've been a total misjustice if they hadn't got through.

They've got quite a knack for that. I guess the refs can't believe the U.S.A. can score. :p :p Can't believe it when they see it. :lol:

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 04:49 PM

Rafito will play again soon :awww: :hug:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Dent is one of my least favorite players. I don't even care if Feddie beats him. :p

Nole is my least favorite player. And yes, I don't care even if Fed beats him either :p

-Evita-
06-23-2010, 04:51 PM

Yeah. Maybe if Federer or Djokovic lost that would give some excitement to the tournament :(

star

MariaV

Can't wait for tomorrow. :hearts: :inlove: And Rafababy will meet the Queen together with Fediva and Serena.

bokehlicious
06-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Allez Nico!!

Saumon
06-23-2010, 04:54 PM
I think the broke the record for longest match in time :lol:

edit: and with 111 games and at least two more to go, the other record should be broken too.

Isner can get Ivo's ace record as well.

-Evita-
Isner just had two match points...

tennizen

:yippee::yippee::yippee:

star
Nole is my least favorite player. And yes, I don't care even if Fed beats him either :p

Ok. This is a legit way to rank players.

Who is it ok for Fed to beat?

Nalby
Dent
Spadea -- but I don't think he plays anymore -- Gott sei dank.
That crazy Dani guy.
Blake And why did he keep sniffing his nose during his pc? Plus he kept talking about how he doesn't take anti-inflamatories because he doesn't want to become habituated to them? :rolleyes:
I know there are others. I will have to think on it.

MariaV
06-23-2010, 04:55 PM
33-33 :) :)

acionescu

+1 :sobbing:

star
Ok -- Like maybe they could have a tiebreak when it reaches 50 all?

MariaV
06-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Ok. This is a legit way to rank players.

Who is it ok for Fed to beat?

Nalby
Dent
Spadea -- but I don't think he plays anymore -- Gott sei dank.
That crazy Dani guy.
Blake And why did he keep sniffing his nose during his pc? Plus he kept talking about how he doesn't take anti-inflamatories because he doesn't want to become habituated to them? :rolleyes:
I know there are others. I will have to think on it.

It's not OK for Fed to beat Nalby. :armed: :armed: *stepping in for Metis and myself*

acionescu
Vamos Bozo :inlove:

tennizen
Oh God Rogi:help::lol:

Saumon
34-33 :haha:

set bozo :haha: :haha:

adee-gee
Isner :retard:

Fed :haha:

scoobs
Ok -- Like maybe they could have a tiebreak when it reaches 50 all?
This now beats Gonzales-Pasarell, on the 113th game now.

star
Oh God Rogi:help::lol:

MariaV
06-23-2010, 04:58 PM
OMG Bozoljac won the TB! :eek: :D

acionescu
06-23-2010, 04:59 PM
:banana:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Did I mention how hot I think Bozo is? :inlove: I pick him constantly in TT because of it :D Maybe that explains my results though :o

MariaV
06-23-2010, 05:01 PM
I still can't make myself to follow the Fediva match more closely even if Bozoljac is :drool: like Andreea noted.
He's never gonna beat Fediva. :zzz: :zzz: Damn this Falla indeed. :mad: :mad:

star
06-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Did I mention how hot I think Bozo is? :inlove: I pick him constantly in TT because of it :D Maybe that explains my results though :o

I just noticed his cuteness a minute ago. :lol:

Feddie's hair seems flat this tournament.

star
06-23-2010, 05:02 PM
I still can't make myself to follow the Fediva match more closely even if Bozoljac is :drool: like Andreea noted.
He's never gonna beat Fediva. :zzz: :zzz: Damn this Falla indeed. :mad: :mad:

Choking Dog.

star
06-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Isner's gonna crack. I feel it.

star
06-23-2010, 05:04 PM
He's going down. If not this game his next service.

scoobs
06-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Isner's gonna crack. I feel it.
I've been thinking that for at least 2 hours.

adee-gee
06-23-2010, 05:10 PM
I will be furious if Isner loses. I want to win a slam with Linda and I can also get to #1 with the title...all we needed was Giraldo or Isner, and they're both gonna blow it :bigcry:

star
06-23-2010, 05:15 PM
I've been thinking that for at least 2 hours.

I haven't been following that closely, but isn't he going to deuce quite often on his serve? And Mahut is holding easily?

star
06-23-2010, 05:17 PM
How many hours for this set?

scoobs
06-23-2010, 05:17 PM
I haven't been following that closely, but isn't he going to deuce quite often on his serve? And Mahut is holding easily?
He's getting there more often as it wears on but he's not able to capitalise.

I think Mahut is the likelier winner but this could still go either way, a couple of bad points in a row and this is over.

scoobs
06-23-2010, 05:18 PM
How many hours for this set?
over 4 hours now.

star
06-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Mahut held easily. Come on John boy. Dig deep.

star
06-23-2010, 05:20 PM
117 :)

Saumon
06-23-2010, 05:21 PM
I had time to go home and pee and they're still going at it. :haha:

adee-gee
06-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Isner looks absolutely fucked :haha: he should retire at 50-50 just for a laugh.

acionescu
06-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Victor :mad:

Snoo Foo
06-23-2010, 05:45 PM
what. the. fuck.

adee-gee
06-23-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm only flicking up the match at work, I saw 40-40 and for a second I thought it was deuce on someone's serve :silly:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh, ffs Isner, just go away :(

acionescu
06-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Yep, sure, crowd, cheer how a :retard: Bozo is :o

Snoo Foo
06-23-2010, 05:55 PM
:armed: allez jizz :armed:

Snoo Foo
06-23-2010, 05:56 PM
is MoLa wearing a nappy?

Snoo Foo
06-23-2010, 05:59 PM
:armed: now jizzy now :armed:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 06:00 PM
JJ has a nice dress. For once :o

acionescu
06-23-2010, 06:01 PM
How the hell did they break each other in the first two sets? :scratch:

Snoo Foo
06-23-2010, 06:01 PM
did they even get a drinks break?

acionescu
06-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Mo :(

anon57
06-23-2010, 06:07 PM
did they even get a drinks break?I think they're more concerned about a toilet break especially the umpire:help:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Where I look just horrendous matches: Fed :(, Nole :hate: :hate: Mahut :zzz: :o, Davydenko( on grass :haha: :haha:), Victor wasting 2 MPs :rolleyes:....

acionescu
06-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Nice to see Wimby crowd supporting the underdog again :retard:

Victor :woohoo: :woohoo:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Bozo has a very ugly BH :spit:

star
06-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Who won?

in a tiebreak again. :lol:

star
06-23-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm only flicking up the match at work, I saw 40-40 and for a second I thought it was deuce on someone's serve :silly:

:haha:

Bozo has a very ugly BH :spit:

you want both a pretty bh and a pretty face? :(

star
06-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Oh my fucking god. They are still playing? Honestly, I'm beginning to see the wisdom of this soccer scoring. :p

star
06-23-2010, 06:23 PM
It's like these guys are preforming Waiting for Godot and No Exit at the same time.

This from the Guardian

7.10pm: It's 43-43 and John Isner is serving to make it 44-43, after which Nicolas Mahut will serve to make it 44-44. I'm indebted to the commenter who explained that Nicolas Mahut recently knocked the sensor of the net and that this is why the umpire climbed down off his chair and started slapping the cord with his hand, with his mouth hanging open and vomit all down the front of his shirt. For a moment I had hoped the slapping might have been his way of summoning the angel we've all been talking about, the one that will come down and usher the contestants up to their Eternal Rest. But no. Turns out it was just something to do with the net sensor.

I mean whole babies have been born since they started playing.

acionescu
06-23-2010, 06:23 PM
And the crowd giving yet another standing ovation to the underdog after rooting against him all the match :retard:

star
06-23-2010, 06:26 PM
And the crowd giving yet another standing ovation to the underdog after rooting against him all the match :retard:

And you keep rooting for them. :rolleyes:

them = England

anon57
06-23-2010, 06:26 PM
:rolls:If there's ever a winner in the Isner-Mahut match he's going to know court 18 very well after tomorrow since the de Bakker-Isner or Mahut match is scheduled for court 18 tomorrow:lol:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 06:27 PM
maybe they should play a threesome :o

star
06-23-2010, 06:28 PM
:rolls:If there's ever a winner in the Isner-Mahut match he's going to know court 18 very well after tomorrow since the de Bakker-Isner or Mahut match is scheduled for court 18 tomorrow:lol:

Yeah. Isn't THIS match still going to be going on tomorrow?

They'll have to move the Bakker-Isner/Mahut match to another court. :p

anon57
06-23-2010, 06:29 PM
maybe they should play a threesome :oMaybe they'll actually get a winner from a threeway match so at least they can continue with the tournament:p

star
06-23-2010, 06:29 PM
I hope Mohammed wore Depends. :unsure:

-Evita-
06-23-2010, 06:30 PM
This is ridiculous :lol: 46-46? That's more like a basketball score than a tennis score :rolls:

acionescu
06-23-2010, 06:34 PM
yep, they passed by handball and volleyball whistling :o

acionescu
06-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Everybody is tweeting like crazy about the Isner match and Serena:

@serenajwilliams Follow @JasonBinn, he has great tips. Let him know the best US Open cover of me for Hamptons Magazine http://twitpic.com/1z1ehn 20 minutes ago

:rolls: :o

MariaV
47-47 :) :)

MariaV
They'll be at it tomorrow too. :) :)

acionescu
06-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Even the bet365 livestream gave up :rolls:

anon57
06-23-2010, 06:41 PM
They'll be at it tomorrow too. :) :)This year's Wimbledon is never going to end since Isner and Mahut are going to be standing there every day for the next two weeks serving:)