"Everything flows", says Heraclitus, and so does this thread :awww: Rafachat vol 58 [Archive] - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

"Everything flows", says Heraclitus, and so does this thread :awww: Rafachat vol 58

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

l_mac
06-14-2010, 09:39 PM
My voice isn't working :bigcry:

scoobs
06-14-2010, 09:40 PM
now we just need to do something about your fingers...

-Evita-
06-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Ernests is not playing Boodles, not ready yet. Still unsure about Wimbledon :unsure:

-Evita-
06-14-2010, 09:43 PM

Are you ill? :hug:

:lol: I was going to say something like "good thing you don't need a voice for MTF" :p

Nidhogg
06-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Nishikori is struggling a bit with some injury as well. Hope they can both recover in time.

Laughing when you have a cough is always a blast.

Good night y'all.

l_mac
06-14-2010, 09:49 PM
:lol: I was going to say something like "good thing you don't need a voice for MTF" :p
Yes, maybe I'll have to take tomorrow off work and stay here typing all day.

Which leads me to ...

:ras:

Corey Feldman
06-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Melanie, when do you want to set up fantasy golf

Minn
06-14-2010, 10:01 PM
just noticed you liked that picture of me Andreea stole :eek: As BD would say, hawt.

cm makes everyone sound tall :lol:

OOP for what?

TT WIMBLEDON QUALIFYING:lol:

now we just need to do something about your fingers...:lol:

Melanie, when do you want to set up fantasy golf Is that a hint that you would like me to do it now?

Corey Feldman
06-14-2010, 10:05 PM
:lol:

was more just a Hint that you do it since i dont know how ;) but we have time... maybe earlier we do it the more ppl we can get this time

Minn
06-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Your hint is my command. ;)

Who's up for Fantasy Golf? :rocker2:

http://games.espn.go.com/majors/en/groupfind

Group name: MTF
Password: mtf

The US Open starts on Thurs. Sign up and choose your 4 players now.

Everyone's welcome, even lurkers.

Corey Feldman
06-14-2010, 10:14 PM
i'll put it in my sig!

l_mac
06-14-2010, 10:15 PM
I was watching 4 weddings (awesome show) and after it finished this programme about step children ruining their parents' weddings/relationships :lol: The teenage daughters in the first story really remind me of how I behaved back in the day. :lol:

My poor mum :hug:

Corey Feldman
06-14-2010, 10:17 PM
has your sister had her day yet Linda (pressuming she finally got the dress)

l_mac
06-14-2010, 10:19 PM
has your sister had her day yet Linda (pressuming she finally got the dress)

She has :D Ages ago. :lol:

adee-gee
06-14-2010, 10:52 PM
:tears:

l_mac
06-14-2010, 10:54 PM
:tears:

What's wrong?

Did you have to go and see SATC2 again?

cobalt60
06-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Either that or the gal he liked has forsaken him.....

star
06-14-2010, 11:03 PM
i love thunderstix as much as the next dumbass but even i get tired of banging them after 10 minutes

edit: unless of course i'm annoying the hell out of my companions, in which case i can bang all night :rocker2:

The last half of that post would make a good signature line. :p

is matt damon finish? do finns and swedes look alike? that would explain why soderling looks like matt damon

Yeah. It would if Matt Damon and Soderling actually looked alike. :rolleyes:

adee-gee
06-14-2010, 11:06 PM
What's wrong?

Did you have to go and see SATC2 again?
If I saw SATC2 it'd have been a :D smiley.

I am cursed by a run of bad luck, it's like neverending. So I finally tell the girl I'm besotted with how I feel. I produce a bumbling performance that Hugh Grant would be proud of. But it seems to go down well. There's some real potential. And now she's just been offered a really good new job about 2 hours out of London so there's a chance she'll move out of London. And based on past experiences, long distance relationships can fuck off.

savesthedizzle
06-14-2010, 11:15 PM

I am cursed by a run of bad luck, it's like neverending. So I finally tell the girl I'm besotted with how I feel. I produce a bumbling performance that Hugh Grant would be proud of. But it seems to go down well. There's some real potential. And now she's just been offered a really good new job about 2 hours out of London so there's a chance she'll move out of London. And based on past experiences, long distance relationships can fuck off.

:hug: :hug:

star
06-14-2010, 11:21 PM

This is bad. :(

Maybe she won't take it.

But, she should take it. :sad:

Minn
06-14-2010, 11:25 PM
i'll put it in my sig! :D

Pablo joined.

I was watching 4 weddings (awesome show) and after it finished this programme about step children ruining their parents' weddings/relationships :lol: The teenage daughters in the first story really remind me of how I behaved back in the day. :lol:

My poor mum :hug: :awww: :lol:

:tears: :awww: :hug: I was hoping you were just worrying over your nipples again.

Bibberz
06-15-2010, 03:34 AM
Pumpkin, give this a watch:

sX6NQbhSAAo

SATC SPOILER ALERT!

Action Jackson
06-15-2010, 04:01 AM
Fairly, yes. :lol:

You are being cheeky.

Castafiore
06-15-2010, 06:52 AM
Where else can I say "Good luck to the Dutch" in the title and have Hilde go ballistic :p
That's ballistic in your book? Pfffft...nonsense. You haven't seen me go ballistic yet.

I had a bizarre dream as I fell asleep on the couch during the afternoon today.

I was racing in a car with James Dean, and then I was sitting in a hallway on Titanic eating cinnamon buns. While I was eating the cinnamon buns I was looking at an ant nest on a table nearby. A couple of employees was standing by the table talking about what to do with the ants. I can't recall if they ever came up with a solution.
Ants? :lol:
I love weird dreams like that. I have weird dreams on a regular basis, though. (in between many other - more normal - dreams. I remember many of my dreams)

The other night, I was dreaming about this new invention that became a huge hype. They invented spray-ons that enable you to use your body as a machine. Example, you spray it on and you can use your body as a phone.
I was with my sister who got all excited (in a way she never does in real life) because she'd finally put her hands on one of those spray-ons. However, what nobody realised is that this hype was an evil invention *cue scary music*. One company first created the spray-ons with a happy vibe attached to it and once the spray-ons were wide-spread in society, they changed the contents: you spray it on and you change into a ruthless killing machine. So, my sister sprayed it on her and to my horror, she got this weird look in her eyes, this terrible rage got into her and she suddenly went after me to try to kill me. Taking in a lot of kicking and screaming and thumping, I managed to grab hold of her hair, pulled very, very hard on it (yup, I fight like a girl if I need to), pushed the thumb of my other hand into one of her eyeballs (is that still fighting like a girl?) and then...I threw her out of the window (we were on the first floor). :o

I then went a bit berserk because I feared that I'd killed my own sister so I took a couple of seconds to calm down after which I looked outside only to see her get up and start running again to come and get me. Those spray-ons did not only change you into a killing machine but it made your body stronger.
When looking in the streets, I saw a lot of those killing machines running around.

That's when I forced myself to wake up. It got a bit too scary.

-Evita-
06-15-2010, 07:23 AM
That's one hell of a dream, Hilde :lol: It's nice that you can force yourself to wake up, I don't think I can do it when I have such scary dreams :scared:

Castafiore
06-15-2010, 07:34 AM
Don't you have scary dreams or are you one of those people who don't remember their dreams?

-Evita-
06-15-2010, 07:48 AM
I do have them sometimes, I meant that I can't force myself to wake up so I have to keep dreaming. I haven't had one in a while though :)

acionescu
06-15-2010, 08:26 AM
I can force myself to wake up too. I remember once I dreamed about the guy I was having a huuuge crush on that he didn't like me and I remember thinking in my dream:i don't like it, I must wake up :( :lol: :o

Action Jackson
06-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Vlach, I thought you'd be the catch of the village.

acionescu
06-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Strangely enough, I wasn't :(

But I got the guy in the end, though :p

MariaV
06-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Wow Hilde, and I thought only I had nightmares here. :o :o :o :o

Castafiore
06-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Everybody has nightmares from time to time, no?
I have a lot of vivid dreams, not just nightmares. ;)

Do you sometimes sort of wake up because your body is wildly slamming, making a very sudden and swift 1/4 turn in your bed for no good reason as if somebody or something is crashing into your body making it turn in your bed?

A friend of mine who believes in all things paranormal says that this is when your mind has an outer body experience and the slamming feeling is when your mind (soul) returns to your body.
:scratch:
I tend to think that there's a more rational and scientific explanation for such things but I've never went looking for that explanation.

Saumon
06-15-2010, 09:12 AM
I don't know about that but I once heard an explanation for the feeling you are falling. I don't remember what it was tho. :scratch:

Thanos
06-15-2010, 09:32 AM
hilde,

perhaps this could explain your dream.. well the main topic.

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/k.htm#killing

Killing

To dream that you kill someone, indicates that heavy stress may cause you to lose your temper and self-control. Consider the person you have killed and ask yourself if you feel any rage towards him or her in your waking life. Your dream may be expressing some hidden anger. Alternatively, you may be trying to kill or put an end to an aspect of yourself that is represented by the person killed. Identify the characteristics of this person and ask yourself how you do not want to be like him or her.

To dream that you have been killed, suggests that your actions are disconnected from your emotions and conscience. Alternatively, the dream refers to drastic changes that are happening in your life. There is a characteristic that you want to get rid of or a habit that you want to end within yourself. Killing represents the killing off of old parts of yourself and old habits.

Saumon
06-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Hilde, sounds like both things we were talking about are due to sleep paralysis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis).

MariaV
06-15-2010, 09:36 AM

Do you sometimes sort of wake up because your body is wildly slamming, making a very sudden and swift 1/4 turn in your bed for no good reason as if somebody or something is crashing into your body making it turn in your bed?

A friend of mine who believes in all things paranormal says that this is when your mind has an outer body experience and the slamming feeling is when your mind (soul) returns to your body.
I tend to think that there's a more rational and scientific explanation for such things but I've never went looking for that explanation.

Hmmmmm nope, my mind hasn't got any outer body experience then... I guess, that's why I am so dumb, maybe. :o :o

Thanos is a sharp kid though. :wavey: Sorry but I still refuse to believe you're over 20. :o :lol:

MariaV
06-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Wow Gab. I especially like this part:
In a similar vein, the Household Cyclopedia (1881) offers the following advice about nightmares:

"Great attention is to be paid to regularity and choice of diet. Intemperance of every kind is hurtful, but nothing is more productive of this disease than drinking bad wine. Of eatables those which are most prejudicial are all fat and greasy meats and pastry... Moderate exercise contributes in a superior degree to promote the digestion of food and prevent flatulence; those, however, who are necessarily confined to a sedentary occupation, should particularly avoid applying themselves to study or bodily labor immediately after eating... Going to bed before the usual hour is a frequent cause of night-mare, as it either occasions the patient to sleep too long or to lie long awake in the night. Passing a whole night or part of a night without rest likewise gives birth to the disease, as it occasions the patient, on the succeeding night, to sleep too soundly. Indulging in sleep too late in the morning, is an almost certain method to bring on the paroxysm, and the more frequently it returns, the greater strength it acquires; the propensity to sleep at this time is almost irresistible.

:spit: But smart people back those days.

Castafiore
06-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Sleep paralysis? I love that they used to think that this was a demonic visitation? :rolls:
I'll stick with a more scientific explanation, thanks very much. :o

Makes sense, Thanos.
I don't usually analyze my dreams except in a few rare occassions when the topic is obviously very close to what I'm going through at that time. I have such a vivid imagination that I figure that this translates into vivid dreams. I dream all sort of things really.
Judging by that report, I have some issues with my sister since she wanted to kill me and I tried to kill her. :unsure: :lol:
(edit: I get on very well with my sister, though)

Peta Pan
06-15-2010, 10:22 AM

:awww: :hug: Good luck Adam

Peta Pan
06-15-2010, 10:28 AM
That's ballistic in your book? Pfffft...nonsense? You haven't seen me go ballistic yet.

Ants? :lol:
I love weird dreams like that. I have weird dreams on a regular basis, though. (in between many other - more normal - dreams. I remember many of my dreams)

The other night, I was dreaming about this new invention that became a huge hype. They invented spray-ons that enable you to use your body as a machine. Example, you spray it on and you can use your body as a phone.
I was with my sister who got all excited (in a way she never does in real life) because she'd finally put her hands on one of those spray-ons. However, what nobody realised is that this hype was an evil invention *cue scary music*. One company first created the spray-ons with a happy vibe attached to it and once the spray-ons were wide-spread in society, they changed the contents: you spray it on and you change into a ruthless killing machine. So, my sister sprayed it on her and to my horror, she got this weird look in her eyes, this terrible rage got into her and she suddenly went after me to try to kill me. Taking in a lot of kicking and screaming and thumping, I managed to grab hold of her hair, pulled very, very hard on it (yup, I fight like a girl if I need to), pushed the thumb of my other hand into one of her eyeballs (is that still fighting like a girl?) and then...I threw her out of the window (we were on the first floor). :o

I then went a bit berserk because I feared that I'd killed my own sister so I took a couple of seconds to calm down after which I looked outside only to see her get up and start running again to come and get me. Those spray-ons did not only change you into a killing machine but it made your body stronger.
When looking in the streets, I saw a lot of those killing machines running around.

That's when I forced myself to wake up. It got a bit too scary.
Hilde, I seriously did laugh out loud while reading that cos it was so bizarre and so graphic. I guess I shouldn't laugh if it really scared you, but :eek: :haha:

The other day I had a bizarre dream too. In real life I work in a supermarket, been there for years - maybe too many after experiencing my dream.

I dreamt that the store's dairy case was situated in the school grounds of my old primary school and it was sitting on top of a storm water drain. People were walking around the school doing their shopping when suddenly the drain under the dairy case broke and then the dairy case completely broke in half and fell down the drain :haha: Everyone ran to the drain (which had now turned into some massive sinkhole) and looked down to see all this wasted stock sitting there at the bottom.

The looks I got at work the next day when I told them were priceless :tape:

Peta Pan
06-15-2010, 10:33 AM

I've been told that I have something similar happen to me (my mind or soul returning to my body). I haven't had one of these (horrendous) experiences for a while now, but at one point they were happening constantly and really scared me.

I wouldn't remember what I was dreaming about but I would wake up but couldn't open my eyes, or move any muscle in my body. I would just lie on the bed trying to force a movement ANYWHERE because I was terrified. I'd pretty much have to get myself to completely relax and eventually movement would come back

Edit: Just read the link Gab posted and my experience is completely described in there so I guess it was sleep paralysis

Castafiore
06-15-2010, 10:48 AM
I would wake up but couldn't open my eyes, or move any muscle in my body. I would just lie on the bed trying to force a movement ANYWHERE because I was terrified.
Now, this is terrifying. :scared:

I've never had the feeling of waking up unable to move luckily (because that would totally freak me out, I think).

Peta Pan
06-15-2010, 10:54 AM

I've never had the feeling of waking up unable to move luckily (because that would totally freak me out, I think).

I still shudder when I think about it. You wouldn't believe the amount of relief you get when you eventually get an arm to move!!!

star
06-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Pumpkin, give this a watch:

sX6NQbhSAAo

SATC SPOILER ALERT!

:haha: Oh my god. I loved that! I've never seen Guillermo talk so much. :lol:

And then, " I think we're done here." It was great.

Corey Feldman
06-15-2010, 01:04 PM

I've never had the feeling of waking up unable to move luckily (because that would totally freak me out, I think).Had that happen to me many times as well - the Sleep paralysis, i snap myself out of it eventually

how was your dentist visit

Clijsters killing Wicky, do all you Flinders women get big red faces?

Betty
06-15-2010, 01:08 PM
never happened to me:scared:
so brazil tonight:devil:
andy i wait u ll make me a good summary:pof all:aplot:

Snoo Foo
06-15-2010, 01:12 PM
what time is brasil? which one is after this one?

sometimes i wake myself up playing tennis in my sleep, mostly backhands for some reason. i'm asleep but i'm really swinging my arms. once i smashed my hand on the wall hitting a serve in my sleep.

star
06-15-2010, 01:18 PM

sometimes i wake myself up playing tennis in my sleep, mostly backhands for some reason. i'm asleep but i'm really swinging my arms. once i smashed my hand on the wall hitting a serve in my sleep.

You are dangerous in bed. :o

Never had the sleep paralysis, but I've often awoken myself with movement of some sort.

Castafiore
06-15-2010, 01:19 PM
how was your dentist visit
It went well! :yeah: (about time too after the last 3 check-ups)

(thanks for asking)

Clijsters killing Wicky, do all you Flinders women get big red faces?
Come to think of it, I think that Flipkens tends to get red faced as well.

Well, I don't get a red faced (and I don't blush easily either)

Wickmayer :sad:

Peta Pan
06-15-2010, 01:30 PM

:speakles:
I've hit my arm on the wall before, but not for something major like playing tennis.

Brazil match is on in 5 hours time

Castafiore
06-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Apparently, in the huge orange group of supporters of the Dutch team, there's often a stunning looking lady who has caught the attention of many camera people. She's nicknamed de "Engel van Oranje" (the Angel of Orange)

It turns out that she's not Dutch but Latvian but she has a Dutch boyfriend -->
http://www.sporza.be/polopoly_fs/1.801810!image/3990113894.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape190/3990113894.jpg
http://www.sporza.be/polopoly_fs/1.801811!image/471689251.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape470/471689251.jpg
That guy has a serious case of orange fever.

bokehlicious
06-15-2010, 01:44 PM
I don't get it Hilde, Dutchies are hotter than Latvian girls :shrug: :angel: :p

Castafiore
06-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Let's file that under "biased as hell in favor of Dutchies and still on cloud n°9", shall we?

Action Jackson
06-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Crybaby Ronaldo in full diving mode.

Peta Pan
06-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Crybaby Ronaldo in full diving mode.

NID

Snoo Foo
06-15-2010, 02:12 PM
five hours? :(

Peta Pan
06-15-2010, 02:21 PM
4 hours now :p

Snoo Foo
06-15-2010, 02:24 PM
:lol: espn deportes is showing this in portuguese, maybe they will show brasil in portuguese too

acionescu
06-15-2010, 03:13 PM
LaLo :retard: x 100000000000000000

bokehlicious
06-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Let's file that under "biased as hell in favor of Dutchies and still on cloud n°9", shall we?

:ras: stop it already you soon-to-become-Wallon :o :D :p I am neither biased nor on cloud #9 :shrug: :angel: :p

tennizen
06-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Somdev:scared:

Edit:bigcry:

Snoo Foo
06-15-2010, 05:58 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs565.snc3/30883_10150223597500377_212641675376_13024056_4998 144_n.jpg

Castafiore
06-15-2010, 06:01 PM
I am neither biased nor on cloud #9 :shrug: :angel: :p
Come on, admit. You're still floating. :D

For George who will appreciate this, I'm sure:
http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2010/06/160065/400_cronaldo_061510_armani_01.jpg
Ronaldo in his briefs.

Why does the Carly Simon song "You're so vain" suddenly pop into my head?

acionescu
06-15-2010, 06:10 PM
You know something it's wrong with the subject when I'm about to puke seeing a man in his briefs :spit: :o

Castafiore
06-15-2010, 06:12 PM
:rolls:

That man is so in love with himself, it's insane.

Saumon
06-15-2010, 06:27 PM
at least he doesnt look orange in that pic :o

Corey Feldman
06-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Boggo - Mahut 6-3 3-6 20-*19

Merton
06-15-2010, 07:07 PM
An odious picture on my screen.

acionescu
06-15-2010, 07:07 PM
I was about to post the same thing :haha: :haha:

acionescu
06-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Karanusic broke back :rocker2:

I have all kind of mugs as diffs :o

acionescu
06-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Brazil-Nord Korea 0-0 after 40 minutes. What's wrong with this phrase? :o

Corey Feldman
06-15-2010, 07:21 PM
i know .. crap world cup day today :(

22-21 bog

l_mac
06-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Cron :hearts:

Boggo :bigcry: :rocker2: What a fighter.

-Evita-
06-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Awesome scoreline :hearts: I mean the Boggo match :lol:

acionescu
06-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Boggo :worship: You made Linda proud :awww:

Corey Feldman
06-15-2010, 07:27 PM
but 15/40 :sad:

Corey Feldman
06-15-2010, 07:28 PM
N.i.d

-Evita-
06-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Maybe Mahut will choke

acionescu
06-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Boggo :awww:

acionescu
06-15-2010, 07:32 PM
I need De Chaunac to win to have a tie after the 1st day :o

acionescu
06-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Linda :hug: :tears:

Corey Feldman
06-15-2010, 07:33 PM
GSM Mahut 24-22

no shame for Boggo, not even Nadal took a set from this Mahut in Queens club.. tie break bagel i remember

Merton
06-15-2010, 07:35 PM
I had a bizarre dream as I fell asleep on the couch during the afternoon today.

I was racing in a car with James Dean, and then I was sitting in a hallway on Titanic eating cinnamon buns. While I was eating the cinnamon buns I was looking at an ant nest on a table nearby. A couple of employees was standing by the table talking about what to do with the ants. I can't recall if they ever came up with a solution.

I had a strange dream about Titanic once. Somehow I was supposed to support the idea that a sequel movie would be a brilliant project. I was trying to say that a sequel would be dumb, the thing was sunk and done with. :o But I was pressed to make arguments that a sequel would be great.

Adam, try to think of the here and now. :awww: There is potential, that is great for the moment. Rotten luck though, hopefully it will work.

That's ballistic in your book? Pfffft...nonsense. You haven't seen me go ballistic yet.

:scared: :unsure:

Sometimes I dream that I am floating/flying in the air, then there is a strong push of my body, as if it tries to solidify the feeling. But I wake up after that. :(

:scared:

Snoo Foo
06-15-2010, 07:39 PM
if espn deportes is showing this in portuguese and espn is showing it in gnglish, where the hell are the spanish speakers spost to watch it?

acionescu
06-15-2010, 07:41 PM
OMG, what a goal :worship: :worship: :worship:

Corey Feldman
06-15-2010, 07:42 PM
pure fluke

acionescu
06-15-2010, 07:44 PM
FFS, De Chaunac :smash: :rolleyes:

Awsome display in doubles, though thanks to Wilde :worship: :worship:

acionescu
06-15-2010, 07:45 PM
GSM Mahut 24-22

no shame for Boggo, not even Nadal took a set from this Mahut in Queens club.. tie break bagel i remember

I bet you don't remember your mom's bday :rolleyes:

l_mac
06-15-2010, 07:45 PM
pure fluke

+1.

Merton
06-15-2010, 07:48 PM
outdoor cinemas in Athens, movies under the stars, aroma of jasmine mixed with scent of bougainvillea. :worship:

this article (http://www.tovima.gr/default.asp?pid=2&artid=183133&ct=34&dt=26/08/2007) was very interesting to read, i've to say. Athinaia, my favourite one. :yeah:

Thanks for the article. :) Outdoor cinemas were definitely one of the things I missed most when I was in the US. Athinaia, isn't it the one in Kolonaki with the good τυρόπιτα? (chesse pie) My favourite is Riviera in Exarheia, many great memories from my undergrad years and the jasmine aroma.

The "Big Sleep" is on at Zefyros I think, another good one.

acionescu
Brittish jealousy :ras:

l_mac
Merton, can we have a title in recognition of Boggo's latest, and most epic, loss?

:sobbing:

acionescu
06-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Fabiano :retard:

Merton
06-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Terrible draw for Boggo in the qualies. A very likeable fellow. Linda :awww: :hug:

l_mac
06-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Boggo makes the BBC sport ticker :worship: :bigcry:

Merton
06-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Fully deserved.

acionescu
06-15-2010, 08:05 PM
They said here that they caught NKorean TV stealling the signal from the South to show the matches :rolls:

-Evita-
06-15-2010, 08:11 PM
They said here that they caught NKorean TV stealling the signal from the South to show the matches :rolls:

How are they even allowed to participate? I had no idea N Korea was taking part in this :o

acionescu
06-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Goal N Korea :rolls:

Shame on you, Brazil :smash:

Betty
06-15-2010, 08:19 PM
so some hot players andy?:p

Snoo Foo
06-15-2010, 08:29 PM
everyone and their fucken granny is going batshit crazy cuz this statue got struck by lightning and burned up

http://annielambert.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/2005_01_13giantjesus.jpg

Snoo Foo
06-15-2010, 08:32 PM
http://tippnews.com/wp-content/uploads/article-0-0A0BFCC2000005DC-635_634x391.jpg

acionescu
06-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Kaka looked better than ever :hearts:

That statue is/was creepy :unsure:

Snoo Foo
06-15-2010, 08:33 PM
poor jesus

Snoo Foo
06-15-2010, 08:35 PM
the divo will win wimberdon, you read it here first :cool:

Merton
06-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Signs of the apocalypse.

l_mac
06-15-2010, 08:38 PM
the divo will win wimberdon, you read it here first :cool:

I will get straight down to the bookies.

Minn
06-15-2010, 08:39 PM
never happened to me:scared: I've never had sleep paralysis either. I also rarely remember my dreams.

everyone and their fucken granny is going batshit crazy cuz this statue got struck by lightning and burned up
I just heard about that earlier today too. :lol: "Touchdown Jesus".

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_i6G-i5rgVpI/R9q273tbpnI/AAAAAAAAAAw/kz2wlTPuTtQ/s400/touchdown2.JPG

Snoo Foo
06-15-2010, 08:41 PM
i think it was made of papier mache

mUZ3d1tTbWg

man i want flan

Nidhogg
06-15-2010, 09:01 PM
This X-Files episode sucks hard. Nobody cares for ghosts, bring on the aliens.

Nidhogg
06-15-2010, 09:29 PM
:lol: Interesting dreams you guys have. Fortunately for me, I've never experienced not being able to move after waking up from one. I tend to forget most of what I dream, though.

I almost never have nightmares, it's mostly funky drivel. Like being in a maze of escalators all going up following some guy with a briefcase ending up in some airplane, or walking around in a giant wild beehive made up of honey on the inside trying to throw a lassoo around the whole thing to pull out segments and later on having to work together with some other people to make sure the whole hive doesn't fall apart while we also, for some reason, has to make sure we don't choke, seeing some neverending tower from the side while you go up, up and up while you at the same time hear a rising tone, etc.

Lucid dreams are fun too.

acionescu
06-15-2010, 09:42 PM
I was trying to send my picks to -l_mac- :retard: :o

Evita and her dashes :(

-Evita-
06-15-2010, 09:56 PM
:haha: I'll make sure to punish my dashes appropriately.

star
06-16-2010, 01:38 AM
I was thinking about Adam's ill starred romance and remembered this true story.

A guy I know here was working at R.E.I. while he was finishing his Ph.D. He's an outdoor jock kind of guy who grew up in New York City with Japanese as his first language. So, a little unusual for these parts. So one day he was helping people on the climbing wall at R.E.I. and this very cute blond girl came in with her mother and had never climbed before. He helped her get up the wall and was totally smitten with her in that short time. He wanted to make contact with her, but she was with her mother and he was working and before he could ask for even her last name or her number, she was gone.

He had a feeling she liked him too and might return to the store, but the problem was IT WAS HIS LAST DAY WORKING THERE. He had finished his studies and had taken a job down here -- four hours away from that city. Still, he really liked that cute girl. He left a card with his number on it, and told the guys who still worked there that if she came back in they needed to give her the card. She did come back in and the guys remembered her and remembered to give her the card. Also! she called him. They had a date. They really liked each other.

For two years every other weekend one of them traveled to the town where the other one lived. Four hours. And then they married. And then they had a girl, Ella, and a boy, Miles -- Yes, their father plays jazz trumpet. :lol:

So things can work out in strange, mysterious ways, not just in movies but in real life too.

MariaV
06-16-2010, 07:18 AM

:scared: :unsure:

Kaka looked better than ever :hearts:

Ahhhhhhhh, Kaka will now always be the darling who 'did not get lost in Tallinn but just went for a morning walk with the team physio' :hearts: :inlove: *faints again*

http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2009/08/kaka-lost-and-found-in-tallinn.html

A guy I know here was working at R.E.I. while he was finishing his Ph.D. He's an outdoor jock kind of guy who grew up in New York City with Japanese as his first language. So, a little unusual for these parts. So one day he was helping people on the climbing wall at R.E.I. and this very cute blond girl came in with her mother and had never climbed before. He helped her get up the wall and was totally smitten with her in that short time. He wanted to make contact with her, but she was with her mother and he was working and before he could ask for even her last name or her number, she was gone.

He had a feeling she liked him too and might return to the store, but the problem was IT WAS HIS LAST DAY WORKING THERE. He had finished his studies and had taken a job down here -- four hours away from that city. Still, he really liked that cute girl. He left a card with his number on it, and told the guys who still worked there that if she came back in they needed to give her the card. She did come back in and the guys remembered her and remembered to give her the card. Also! she called him. They had a date. They really liked each other.

For two years every other weekend one of them traveled to the town where the other one lived. Four hours. And then they married. And then they had a girl, Ella, and a boy, Miles -- Yes, their father plays jazz trumpet. :lol:

So things can work out in strange, mysterious ways, not just in movies but in real life too.

What a great story but real life is often more amazing than a movie. :lol:

Hi everyone! :bigwave:

acionescu
06-16-2010, 08:31 AM
hi Maria :hug:

Finally the weather chilled a little here and we had a better night, Petru and I

MariaV
06-16-2010, 08:43 AM
hi Maria :hug:

Finally the weather chilled a little here and we had a better night, Petru and I

Good :hug:
We might also get some warmth next week but it's still unsure if the anticyclone like you had would come here too. We had +11 C this morning when I came to work, now it's +13, the wind chill was +7 btw. :haha: I was joking that our summer is as good as the winter in South Africa. :yeah:
And to think that they threatened that we're gonna have many winters like the past one with -30 C here, Jesus Christ. I'd rather move to Greece then, I may get a heat stroke but at least I don't have to deal with the frozen water pipes, powercuts, closed roads, snow and ice etc etc. :tape: :o
You know some smart people say that with all the Arctic ice melting and stuff aka global warming it's gonna make the weather COLDER in our region. :help: :rolleyes: Not to mention more extremes like stronger rains and storms.

Minn
06-16-2010, 10:40 AM
:wavey:

So things can work out in strange, mysterious ways, not just in movies but in real life too. Cool story, Star.

acionescu
06-16-2010, 10:42 AM
mel :eek:

MariaV
06-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Why :eek: @ Mel, Andreea?

Everyone still devastated about Boggo? :awww: :sad:

Minn
06-16-2010, 11:14 AM
I think just because it's fairly unusual for me to be online at this time of day. I've been waking up early lately. This morning I woke up about 20 minutes before my alarm went off so I thought I'd pop on to MTF to see what was going on.

acionescu
06-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Yep, I was thinking that it is either very late or very early in the Cannuckland :D

JolánGagó
06-16-2010, 11:21 AM
OMG I slept 10h last night, had breakfast and went to bed again for 4 more hours... I think Im sick.

acionescu
06-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Do you like Federer yet? If not, it's not that grave :hug:

JolánGagó
06-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Oh I don't like any Swiss crap.

BAMOS ESPAÑA!!!! :rocker2:

Minn
06-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Yep, I was thinking that it is either very late or very early in the Cannuckland :D It was 6:40am in my part of Canuckland when I first posted. Now it's an hour later and I guess I 'll go to work a bit early too.

OMG I slept 10h last night, had breakfast and went to bed again for 4 more hours... I think Im sick. :hug: Hope you feel better soon. Maybe a Spanish victory in a few hours will help.

MariaV
06-16-2010, 11:40 AM
I think just because it's fairly unusual for me to be online at this time of day. I've been waking up early lately. This morning I woke up about 20 minutes before my alarm went off so I thought I'd pop on to MTF to see what was going on.

:lol: It's the summer solstice here soon so the nights are very short and I get up early too. :D Even if it's not warm it was sunny this morning. :D Plus I have new curtains that are thinner than the old ones. :dance: :o :shrug:

OMG I slept 10h last night, had breakfast and went to bed again for 4 more hours... I think Im sick.

That's not good, no? :scared: :unsure:

Oh I don't like any Swiss crap.

BAMOS ESPAÑA!!!! :rocker2:

Bamos! :rocker:

JolánGagó
06-16-2010, 11:44 AM
:hug: Hope you feel better soon. Maybe a Spanish victory in a few hours will help.

I feel fine in fact, just a big jetlagged :shrug:

acionescu
06-16-2010, 11:51 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_U7kRMC0EpQM/SwGagu3qutI/AAAAAAAACYI/CMtyvr2gLaY/s1600/XABI+ALONSO+14.jpg

http://im.in.com/connect/images/profile/b_profile2/Fernando_Torres_300.jpg

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/euro-2008/css/Casillas_Glove_3.jpg

and for the true football lovers :o :ras:

http://primefaces.org:8080/prime-showcase/ui/barca/puyol.jpg

vamos :rocker2:

Pity I'm at work and all the shirtless nice pictures were blocked :mad:

MariaV
06-16-2010, 11:57 AM
:haha: The last one was for AJ, no? :haha: :rolleyes: :o

Snoo Foo
06-16-2010, 12:08 PM
where are the alleged hot soccer gyes? so far this wc has been mad disappointing in that regard.

star
06-16-2010, 12:15 PM
where are the alleged hot soccer gyes? so far this wc has been mad disappointing in that regard.

That's just another lie -- like the one about soccer being the most exciting :inlove: sport in the world! :ras:

MariaV
06-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Just for Snoo :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/10/world-cup-2010-hotties-wh_n_603058.html

;)
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/fabulous/celebs/825647/Football-studs-Vote-for-your-hottest-football-player.html

:shrug:
http://www.modernmom.com/article-5856-world-cups-hottest-players-holy-lord/

Betty
06-16-2010, 12:32 PM
i like:drool:andy's pics spam:D

Snoo Foo
06-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Just for Snoo :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/10/world-cup-2010-hotties-wh_n_603058.html

;)
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/fabulous/celebs/825647/Football-studs-Vote-for-your-hottest-football-player.html

:shrug:
http://www.modernmom.com/article-5856-world-cups-hottest-players-holy-lord/

i don't think these people have ever watched tennis

Castafiore
06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
That's just another lie -- like the one about soccer being the most exciting :inlove: sport in the world! :ras:

Misguided yank. :nerner:

:bolt:

In one of the links Maria postes, Rooney is part of the list.
He may be a fantastic football player but you seriously need glasses if you call him hot and that's not even a matter of taste IMO.

Snoo Foo
06-16-2010, 12:42 PM
maybe all the douchebag hair is putting me off. podolski is ok, maybe drogba. oy i'm reaching here people. this is the sport of butterfaces.

MariaV
06-16-2010, 12:43 PM
i don't think these people have ever watched tennis

That's what I wanted to say, kinda. ;) Therefore the ;) and :shrug:, maybe I should add :o

acionescu
06-16-2010, 12:44 PM

Don't you read back? :(

Didn't you see Roque "my pants are falling" Santa Cruz? :D

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Ywc-VC6xNi5EzM:http://habs.theoffside.com/files/2009/04/roque0404091.jpg

That pic was mostly for Mike who, everytime the Spanish male hotness is discussed, brings out Pujol pic :rolleyes:

MariaV
06-16-2010, 12:46 PM
maybe all the douchebag hair is putting me off. podolski is ok, maybe drogba. oy i'm reaching here people. this is the sport of butterfaces.

:lol: That's a good one, I knew there was a reason I turned (back) to tennis from my football freakdom (is this a proper word?).

Betty
06-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Don't you read back? :(

Didn't you see Roque "my pants are falling" Santa Cruz? :D

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Ywc-VC6xNi5EzM:http://habs.theoffside.com/files/2009/04/roque0404091.jpg

That pic was mostly for Mike who, everytime the Spanish male hotness is discussed, brings out Pujol pic :rolleyes:

:drool:they allow u for post that pic or u have it on yr deskop:p

Snoo Foo
06-16-2010, 12:47 PM
he's like a brown kolya with hair

http://www.topnews.in/files/Roque-Santa-12065.jpg

MariaV
06-16-2010, 12:47 PM
I watched Roque Santa Cruz when he was a kid and came to Europe to Bayern Munich, he was like 18 or 19 then. And it was like 10 years ago. :tape: :help: :bolt:
No, Roque is lovely. :D

Betty
06-16-2010, 12:50 PM
he's like a brown kolya with hair

http://www.topnews.in/files/Roque-Santa-12065.jpg

he is 100000000000000000 time>>>>>>>>>>>then kolya:p

MariaV
06-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Snoo, do you want some Kaka dream spam?
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/KaKa-Armani-ricardo-kaka-800986_531_799.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2337/1523924780_032a1df172.jpg
http://bohemianrhapsody.dk/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/kaka1.jpg
So shame on you people! ;)

Betty
06-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Maria please kaka looks so a baby:bolt::o

MariaV
06-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Elisabetta :o Because Kaka played for Milan? :o :p He is still an angel. :angel:
Btw what do you think of Rafa Benitez at Inter?

<Eve>
06-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Roque is HOT :drool: but only thing he has in common with kolya is gender imo :shrug:

star
06-16-2010, 01:02 PM
:lol: :lol:

Snoo thows a grenade into the thread and :bolt:

MariaV
06-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi Eva! :wavey: Was JM nice with you? :o :tape:

Betty
Elisabetta :o Because Kaka played for Milan? :o :p He is still an angel. :angel:
Btw what do you think of Rafa Benitez at Inter?

no but i find him so baby face:p

well we need a coach with big balls for take ego players who won all;)
so i think he could do well
i though capello could be better but i wish to wrong:p
for u?

ciao Eva:wavey:

Castafiore
I agree with Betty. Kaka is nice looking but he still has a babyface.

I like Germany's Michaël Ballack (but he's not in S-Africa) and Fabio Cannavaro (but I prefer him with more hair).
Rogue Santa Cruz looks fine as well.

Metis
06-16-2010, 01:05 PM
:(

- Is there any way we can institute a football-free time on each day? :sobbing: For example 9:00am-noon, or 5pm-8pm GMT or something like that? :awww:

- So, last night I was reading back about all those weird dreams you people have been having. Then I went to bed and a had acouple of weird dreams myself. :rolleyes: :mad:

- Maria I can't believe your max temperature is 13C! :tape: 40C here today. :sobbing:

- Allez Justine!!! :bounce: Henin will win Wimbledon this year. You heard it here first! :rocker2:

<Eve>
06-16-2010, 01:08 PM
:lol: Yup i think you girls wont believe it but he was actually really nice and been a good boy :shrug: :p
hola betty, in neeed of coffee?! ;)
hilde, not so happy with last sunday i think :unsure:

here's my fav world cup man ; benny feilhaber
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/7128/slide_7128_94223_large.jpg?1276693676011

MariaV
06-16-2010, 01:08 PM

- Is there any way we can institute a football-free time during each day? :sobbing: For example 9:00am-noon, or 5pm-8pm GMT or something like that? :awww:

- So, last night I was reading back about all those weird dreams you people have been having. Then I went to bed and a had acouple of weird dreams myself. :rolleyes: :mad:

- Maria I can't believe your max temperature is 13C! :tape: 40C here today. :sobbing:

- Allez Justine!!! :bounce: Henin will win Wimbledon this year. You heard it here first! :rocker2:
1. Could you PLEEEEEEEEEEASE give 10 degrees to us, pretty pleeeeease! I don't want more, thank you very much. :angel:

2. We had a football free zone till noon today, no-one posted at all except of me. :o

MariaV
06-16-2010, 01:11 PM
:lol: Yup i think you girls wont believe it but he was actually really nice and been a good boy :shrug: :p
hilde, not so happy with last sunday i think :unsure:

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/7128/slide_7128_94223_large.jpg?1276693676011

He looks nice! :yeah:
Did JM sing to you? :lol: OK I won't ask any more questions, I'm not really obsessed, honest. :lol: :o

Betty
06-16-2010, 01:13 PM
I agree with Betty. Kaka is nice looking but he still has a babyface.

I like Germany's Michaël Ballack (but he's not in S-Africa) and Fabio Cannavaro (but I prefer him with more hair).
Rogue Santa Cruz looks fine as well.
+1

:
same:lol::scared:
today hot here too finlaly:p
:

u have good taste;) abt benny and ....jm;)..
so can u manage with his famous bad temper:p
and yes i need coffe:awww:

tennizen
06-16-2010, 01:13 PM
xYjFoCIfyAU

Betty did you see this:D

Metis
06-16-2010, 01:14 PM
1. Could you PLEEEEEEEEEEASE give 10 degrees to us, pretty pleeeeease! I don't want more, thank you very much. :angel:

2. We had a football free zone till noon today, no-one posted at all except of me. :o

1. I would gladly do that if I could. :sad:

2. No use giving us the times when the thread's dead. :ras:

3. Justine :mad:

bokehlicious
06-16-2010, 01:14 PM
STFU Maria! Either you stop being a :retard: or you start being obsessed with me :(

Betty
06-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Did JM sing to you? :lol: OK I won't ask any more questions, I'm not really obsessed, honest. :lol: :o

u remind me julia roberts in that movie..the wedding of my best friend:p:hug:

who will be the gay friend who will dance with u:eek:chris?;)

MariaV
06-16-2010, 01:16 PM
xYjFoCIfyAU

Hema! :wavey: Nope I hadn't seen this, awseome! :yeah: :D

bokehlicious
06-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Eva and the girls can tell you I am a nice guy :ras: :angel: :o :p

Metis
06-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Nice video Hema :D

Betty
06-16-2010, 01:18 PM
xYjFoCIfyAU

hema i cant see it here :sad:but i saved for when i ll be at home:D

<Eve>
06-16-2010, 01:19 PM
hehe maria. ask anything you want, ill answer anything i want ;)
yup, he sang some french song i didnt know :lol: and we did karaoke!!!! :woohoo: maybe ill even show you a video of that ;)

+1

same:lol::scared:
today hot here too finlaly:p

u have good taste;) abt benny and ....jm;)..
so can u manage with his famous bad temper:p
and yes i need coffe:awww:
lol :lol:
he didnt show any of the famous and bad temper :shrug:

http://creatiefmetquirk.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/koffie_kopje_1.jpg i think as its still afternoon i'd serve you a normal coffee and not the irish version :lol: ;)

<Eve>
06-16-2010, 01:20 PM
STFU Maria! Either you stop being a :retard: or you start being obsessed with me :(

she didnt do anything relaxxx :ras:

acionescu

What girls? :p :o

MariaV
u remind me julia roberts in that movie..the wedding of my best friend:p:hug:

who will be the gay friend who will dance with u:eek:chris?;)

:lol: I am not like that all, I've never stolen my firend's boyfriend. :shrug: :p
Well I have a gay acquaintance, I wouldn't call him a friend. :lol:

MariaV
06-16-2010, 01:23 PM
hehe maria. ask anything you want, ill answer anything i want ;)
yup, he sang some french song i didnt know :lol: and we did karaoke!!!! :woohoo: maybe ill even show you a video of that ;)

Awwwwwww :hearts: :inlove: and you did karaoke!!!

See how he is with me! :o :rolleyes: LOL I'm going to leave now anyway so he won't accuse me more of being obsessed. :rolleyes: :haha: But you can show/PM me the vid if you like.

Have a nice evening/day kids! :wavey:

Betty
06-16-2010, 01:23 PM
they dont know u from so many years like us;)
:kiss:jk
maria-jm passion relathionship;)
yes better a normal coffe:p
:lol: I am not like that all, I've never stolen my firend's boyfriend. :shrug: :p
Well I have a gay acquaintance, I wouldn't call him a friend. :lol:

i know it:hug:
but in the movie was a special situation;)

tennizen
06-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Hema! :wavey: Nope I hadn't seen this, awseome! :yeah: :D

Maria:hug: How are you?

We have no doubt about that, JM:D

Nice video Hema :D

Yes, it is really nice:inlove:

For once, I am glad I have family visiting. No need for me to whine about the football talk:lol:

Castafiore
06-16-2010, 01:27 PM
he didnt show any of the famous and bad temper :shrug:
give it time. ;)

About not being happy with Sunday's result. It could be worse, though. I'm glad that the Vlaams Belang have lost quite a few votes. At least, De Wever is not a racist, fascist prick like De Winter. De Wever is just a republican who wants an independent Flanders but not extremist in most aspects. De Wever knows that most of the people who voted for him did so for other reasons, not because they want an independent Flanders.

<Eve>
06-16-2010, 01:32 PM
What girls? :p :othe girls we went to see tennis with on sunday!!

Awwwwwww :hearts: :inlove: and you did karaoke!!!

See how he is with me! :o :rolleyes: LOL I'm going to leave now anyway so he won't accuse me more of being obsessed. :rolleyes: :haha: But you can show/PM me the vid if you like.

Have a nice evening/day kids! :wavey:
yes, karoake was cool!! but i have to see the vid first before anyone (including JM) can see it :lol:

they dont know u from so many years like us;)
:kiss:jk

maria-jm passion relathionship
yes better a normal coffee

i know it:hug:
but in the movie was a special situation;)
I know i liked the movie, but forgot how it ended!! did or didnt shge hook up with her best friend at the end?! i think so, no?! :unsure:

i dont know him for so many years as you girls too .. :scared: maybe he could be nice for 3 days and thats it :lol: ;)
nahhhh jk JM :kiss: :hug:

Betty
06-16-2010, 01:36 PM
the end is that the boy was inlove with his future wife and stay with her
and his best friend finish to dance in his wedding with the gay friend...:p

bokehlicious
06-16-2010, 01:39 PM
What girls? :p :o

The twin sisters (Eliane and Fenna), Chiudifan and Rosie :D

<Eve>
06-16-2010, 01:40 PM
the end is that the boy was inlove with his future wife and stay with her
and his best friend finish to dance in his wedding with the gay friend...:ppoor julia. im glad she was more lucky some years later in notting hill ;)

<Eve>
06-16-2010, 01:42 PM
give it time. ;)

About not being happy with Sunday's result. It could be worse, though. I'm glad that the Vlaams Belang have lost quite a few votes. At least, De Wever is not a racist, fascist prick like De Winter. De Wever is just a republican who wants an independent Flanders but not extremist in most aspects. De Wever knows that most of the people who voted for him did so for other reasons, not because they want an independent Flanders.i know :lol: ;) jk

so ur not afraid there will be an idependent Flanders?

bokehlicious
06-16-2010, 01:43 PM
i dont know him for so many years as you girls too .. :scared: maybe he could be nice for 3 days and thats it :lol: ;)
nahhhh jk JM :kiss: :hug:

:rolleyes: :angel: :lol: :p

Castafiore
06-16-2010, 01:59 PM
so ur not afraid there will be an idependent Flanders?
Not really. It won't happen in the near future.

Action Jackson
06-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Trying to break up the lovely couple, such meanies.

bokehlicious
06-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Trying to break up the lovely couple, such meanies.

True that :( :p

Spain will keep the ball 95% of the time... :o

Action Jackson
06-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Training drill for Spain.

Metis
06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Rafa :inlove:

http://community.livejournal.com/iheartrafa/62662.html

Look at that smile :hearts:

When will he be back in London?

ff7RPnWRkIE
this is still the best one ever

BVTw1ysCgBY

:rolls: Laurence Olivier would be proud :worship:

clown sport :p

Nah, Gu had flair, that guy is just a hater.

:unsure: errrr... no! Maybe in the beginning, then he got repetitive. :zzz:

Yes, that is how they pronounce ξ. Have you heard "mu" though? :tape:

They like to make things difficult :lol:

I have no idea, I only saw the trailer from Young Victoria (Emily Blunt :hearts:). It was realistic to choose Belgium over Greece. As Hilde said, he was much closer to the power centers.

Otto was a well-intentioned idealist and a huge Greek lover but his reign was far from successful. He tried to rule top-down, transplanting institutions from Bavaria to Greece.

True that. Unfortunately that cannot be said for the thousands of his compatriots that descended to Greece with him and became a scourge for this country.

hopefully Metis is watching the Greeks

No! Maybe if they reach the final.

...:haha:

guess who this is (not Laura Robbo popping up)

http://i48.tinypic.com/i20k81.gif

Francesca :speakles: She looks awful! :help:

Why would anyone in their right mind want to resist the World Cup?

I feel the same way about snooker. :awww:

I just vbet 50k on Federer. Consider him BOLed.
Me too

Nice work guys! :worship: :lol:

I was happy for Lleyton. He played well. :yeah:

Metis
06-16-2010, 02:26 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/iw58ar.jpg

:spit: goal of the tournament no doubt

So and so. I went to the doctor yesterday and the sentence is deffinitive:he's gonna need the surgery :bigcry:

sorry to hear that :hug: poor Petru :hug:

I have pointy nipples :D

Nice photos! :devil:

She isn't:
http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/022009/23.pamela_anderson.jpg

So many nose jobs!! (http://toflofr.free.fr/dotclear/index.php?post/2010/02/27/Photos-de-Star-avant-leur-c%C3%A9l%C3%A9brit%C3%A9-!)

OMG :spit: Ryan Seacrest :rolls:

I'd move to Australia tomorrow even if it was possible

I, on the other hand, would wait until November. :p

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jun2010/0/4/american-tv-channel-confuses-south-africa-for-south-africa-pic-splashnews-com-910092713.jpg

EPIC FAIL!

:hug: It's not that far away. You'll just have to travel on the weekends.

http://annielambert.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/2005_01_13giantjesus.jpg

http://tippnews.com/wp-content/uploads/article-0-0A0BFCC2000005DC-635_634x391.jpg

Castafiore
06-16-2010, 02:30 PM
He's already there.

According to some articles, his plans were:
- travel to England early in the morning
- get his first training session, also in the morning
- watch the football match Spain vs Switzerland

Metis
06-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Yes, it is really nice:inlove:

For once, I am glad I have family visiting. No need for me to whine about the football talk:lol:

:yeah: Hopefully not the in-laws again. :scared: :lol:

Action Jackson
06-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Swiss football team resisting better than Fed's backhand against Nadal.

Bye Senderos, yes he is part Spanish.

tennizen
06-16-2010, 02:41 PM
:yeah: Hopefully not the in-laws again. :scared: :lol:

:lol: It is the in-laws. But this time, it's my brother-in-law( husband's brother) and family. I don't mind because they have a little kid who is very entertaining:yeah:

Merton
06-16-2010, 02:47 PM
The new title is related to the catastrophe in the Gulf.

Metis
06-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Justine :yeah:

Pame Marco :rocker2:

He's already there.

According to some articles, his plans were:
- travel to England early in the morning
- get his first training session, also in the morning
- watch the football match Spain vs Switzerland

Thanks! :yeah:

Looks like the weather has been sunny in London this week. I bet it will start raining next week. :rolleyes:

:lol: It is the in-laws. But this time, it's my brother-in-law( husband's brother) and family. I don't mind because they have a little kid who is very entertaining:yeah:

that doesn't sound too bad :)

The new title is related to the catastrophe in the Gulf.

Thank god for wikipedia:

In demonology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonology), Malthus (also Halphas, Malthas, or Malthous) is an Earl of Hell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell), commanding 26 legions of demons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon), who is said to have a rough voice when speaking. He is often depicted in the shape of a stork (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stork).
Malthus builds towers and fills them with ammunition and weapons, an armorer of sorts. He is a prince of Hell. He is also said to send his legions into battle, or to places designated by higher commanding demons.

:scared:

Unless you meant the other Malthus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Robert_Malthus :unsure:

Merton
06-16-2010, 03:08 PM

Thanks for sharing :)

Still 40C here. :(

You are following the wrong sport, there many cool chess players pictures around.:D

Is there any way we can institute a football-free time on each day? :sobbing: For example 9:00am-noon, or 5pm-8pm GMT or something like that? :awww:

Metis :D :banana: I had a whole title dedicated to you and the other co-leaders of the resistance. :hug:

About not being happy with Sunday's result. It could be worse, though. I'm glad that the Vlaams Belang have lost quite a few votes. At least, De Wever is not a racist, fascist prick like De Winter. De Wever is just a republican who wants an independent Flanders but not extremist in most aspects. De Wever knows that most of the people who voted for him did so for other reasons, not because they want an independent Flanders.

True that. From your description De Wever is just a gifted opportunist. A gifted zealot is much more damgerous in my mind.

l_mac
06-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Look at that smile :hearts:

SbmAMo7eMV0

Spain :spit:

Metis
06-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Metis :D :banana: I had a whole title dedicated to you and the other co-leaders of the resistance. :hug:

I saw that. Very feeble resistance; scoobs has retreated to his cozy cafe no doubt and star has been talking about football more than the actual fans. :rolleyes: Traditors the both of them. :mad:

Merton
06-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Thank god for wikipedia: :scared:

Unless you meant the other Malthus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Robert_Malthus :unsure:

:haha: :haha: I didnn't have a clue that reverend Thomas Robert Malthus had such a pre-eminent entity :scared: sharing his name.

Metis
06-16-2010, 03:17 PM
SbmAMo7eMV0

Linda :D

I see Rafa is not with humble regarding who the favorite is in the WC :p

What? Did they lose to Switzerland? :rolls:

Corey Feldman
06-16-2010, 03:22 PM
yesssssssss Swiss

Hold It!

Metis
06-16-2010, 03:23 PM
:haha: :haha: I didnn't have a clue that reverend Thomas Robert Malthus had such a pre-eminent entity :scared: sharing his name.

and how about this then: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malthusian_catastrophe

A Malthusian catastrophe (also phrased Malthusian check, Malthusian crisis, Malthusian disaster, or Malthusian nightmare) was originally foreseen to be a forced return to subsistence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsistence)-level conditions once population growth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_growth) had outpaced agricultural (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture) production (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production,_costs,_and_pricing). Later formulations consider economic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics) growth limits as well. The term is also commonly used in discussions of oil depletion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_depletion). Based on the work of political economist Thomas Malthus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Malthus) (1766–1834), theories of Malthusian catastrophe are very similar to the Iron Law of Wages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Law_of_Wages). The main difference is that the Malthusian theories predict what will happen over several generations or centuries, whereas the Iron Law of Wages predicts what will happen in a matter of years and decades.

:eek:

somewhat relevant no? :lol:

l_mac
06-16-2010, 03:27 PM
That would have been some goal :eek:

Action Jackson
06-16-2010, 03:29 PM
yesssssssss Swiss

Hold It!

Spain score in the 94th minute.

Metis
06-16-2010, 03:29 PM
I see the Swiss have scored the only goal so far. :lol:

RogiGOAT: "Take that Rafito!" :boxing:

Marcos :smash:

l_mac
06-16-2010, 03:31 PM
OMG :haha: That should have been 2.

Corey Feldman
06-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Swiss just choked chance to kill Spain off

so its not just in tennis then

bokehlicious
06-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Swiss just choked chance to kill Spain off

so its not just in tennis then

We're toast :( :mad:

Merton
06-16-2010, 03:37 PM
At his time (late 18th century) Malthus made the observation that material improvement in living standards was incompatible with population growth. The constraint he pointed at was the production of agricultural commodities like wheat for example. The fact that the growth in wheat production could not match the population growth implied that the latter had to be checked through wars, epidemies and famines.

Clearly the last 200 years or so have been an era of tremendous improvement in living standards. Improvements in technology made it possible for production growth to exceed population growth. However, starting from the 70s, there was a group that pointed out the existence of hard limits related to finite planet-wide resources such as minerals, and energy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Limits_to_Growth

Their predictions came just before the 1st oil crisis hit in 1973. There was some publicity attached to their views but then during the 80s and 90s oil prices fell and they were mostly forgotten. Then something changed during the early part of the 21st century: Not only oil prices but also other commodity prices posted spectacular price increases before collapsing with the global financial crisis in late 2008. Those rising prices, was argued, were the result of speculation. However, depletion of oil fields is a fact of life and global production seemed to reach a plateu around 2005.

The incentives were huge for producers to look for more oil, resulting in off shore drilling and the development of deep under-water oil fields. After this brief introduction, :tape: we come to the Gulf catastrophe.

star
06-16-2010, 03:41 PM
I saw that. Very feeble resistance; scoobs has retreated to his cozy cafe no doubt and star has been talking about football more than the actual fans. :rolleyes: Traditors the both of them. :mad:

I have NOT. Unless you call :haha: :nerner: :zzz: and :lol: talking about soccer. Plus, I never call it "football." That's an entirely different sport that I also don't/won't watch. :p

Oh, yeah. And I asked why a "draw" was a big deal. :lol:

acionescu
06-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Spain :haha: :haha:

Rafito will not be pleased :awww:

bokehlicious
06-16-2010, 03:54 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: dedicated to all my Spanish friends on mtf :kiss:

Smoke944
06-16-2010, 03:58 PM
:eek:

bokehlicious
06-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Unreal, just unreal :D

Action Jackson
06-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Go out and get smashed JM.

Corey Feldman
06-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Swiss >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spain

bokehlicious
06-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Go out and get smashed JM.

Yes I will get badly drunk tonight :cool: :haha:

acionescu
06-16-2010, 04:03 PM
http://www.worldcupswallpapers.com/Images/thumbs/Spain-World-Cup-2010-Widescreen-Wallpaper.jpg

Epic fail :worship: :worship:

Jolan :hug:

Merton
06-16-2010, 04:04 PM
So even if we there is in theory plenty more oil left, the fact that we need to seek extraction in hostile environment with increasing cost implies that yes Houston, we have a problem. Now add the non-trivial observation that in standard conditions, oil is a liquid and liquids exhibit an annoying tendency to leak. That means the true cost of oil needs to include the associated costs on the environment, conditional on the event that an oil leak occurs.

Now consider the political economy frictions associated with the fact that crude oil firms possess enormous power and have essentially captured the sector regulator. That is the Mineral Management Service. The sorry account was detailed in the story I linked to yesterday. Obama provided a sorry spectacle yesterday about the impotence of the federal goverment. The essential problem is that the development of off-shore reserves leads to benefits for all (lower gas prices at the tank) while the costs associated with a possible disaster will initially burden only the residents of the Gulf shore and those whose activity depends on the environment.

Now back to Malthus. If the technology does not post breakthoughs in the near future enabling us to overcome resource depletion, then the last 200 years or so might prove to be a mere parenthesis, an era that will be remembered and talked about like Camelot from our descendants. The implications of a Malthusian world are quite profound, thinking about that is very disturbing.

Corey Feldman
06-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Whitler, i'm British

Merton
06-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Bravo Swiss :hatoff: :yeah: Congrats JM :lol: As George would say, good for the game.

Action Jackson
06-16-2010, 04:05 PM
I know many Scots who don't want to leave the union but would never ever support England in anything.

Action Jackson
06-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Yes I will get badly drunk tonight :cool: :haha:

I bet Rosset is drunk now and Allegro will be tonight.

MariaV
06-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Oh that's so good I have JM on ignore, I wouldn't hear the end of it otherwise. :help: :help: :rolleyes:x100000000000000000

GAGÓ, if you're around, I suggest you put Jm on ignore too. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Poor Rafito is not amused. :awww: :sad: And he better beat the crap out of any Swiss mug he might meet at Wimbledon. :angel:

acionescu
06-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Yep, at least Britain(:o) had a draw :lol:

Merton
06-16-2010, 04:12 PM
and how about this then: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malthusian_catastrophe

somewhat relevant no? :lol:

That was fast :eek: It is very relevant.

acionescu
06-16-2010, 04:13 PM
I can't stop laughing, I think I'm having a nervous reaction :o

Action Jackson
06-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Laughing about Spain Vlach are you ok?

Corey Feldman
06-16-2010, 04:16 PM
hopefully Spain are in dire need of a win some night while Nadal is also playing

acionescu
06-16-2010, 04:18 PM
No, that's the point, I don't think I'm OK, but this is just too funny for words :haha: :haha: It's like when Rafa lost to Toad, I laughed about a week :o

Merton
06-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Andreea, there is firm evidence that Magnus Carlsen is indeed in Romania:

EDIT: Picture too big, so here is the link http://www.turneulregilor.com/images/stories/1.jpg

Action Jackson
06-16-2010, 04:19 PM
It's like when Rafa lost to Toad, I laughed about a week :o

Are you a comedian?

acionescu
06-16-2010, 04:20 PM
xYjFoCIfyAU

He is just too cute :hearts:

hopefully Spain are in dire need of a win some night while Nadal is also playing

:zzz: As if Rafa was bothered on court by a tennis result, hata :zzz:

acionescu
06-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Are you a comedian?

No, just :silly:

Action Jackson
06-16-2010, 04:22 PM
No, just :silly:

You prankster.

MariaV
06-16-2010, 04:23 PM
SbmAMo7eMV0

Awwwwww, papa going with him. :awww: Thanks Linda.

Linda :D

I see Rafa is not with humble regarding who the favorite is in the WC :p

What? Did they lose to Switzerland? :rolls:

Yes, can you imagine. :tape: :help: :help: And serves Rafa right for not being with humble for a moment. :smash: :smash:

acionescu
06-16-2010, 04:25 PM
:bolt: to read the Spanish Press

kyFyAqLtHq8

Corey Feldman
06-16-2010, 04:27 PM
:zzz: As if Rafa was bothered on court by a tennis result, hata :zzz:will be :p Almagro was in Eastbourne today :D

plant someone in crowd to make goal noises when Nadal has bp's

acionescu
06-16-2010, 04:29 PM
The kings tournement :haha: :haha: :o

Action Jackson
06-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Almagro retired, at least he wasn't 5-4 down.

acionescu
06-16-2010, 04:30 PM
will be :p Almagro was in Eastbourne today :D

He wasn't disturbed by the darkness in 2008, didn't he? :D

acionescu
06-16-2010, 04:32 PM
As if I didn't have enough reasons to detest LaLo :o

wildegirl05
06-16-2010, 04:34 PM
ffs spain :bigcry: :bigcry:

xabi :smash: :smash: :smash: so much bad luck to hit that fucking crossbar. switzerland had like what 3 shots on goal? :mad:

mikey, were you the guy holding up the sign asking torres to come to united? :D

wildegirl05
06-16-2010, 04:36 PM
andreea, did you see we killed in doubles? :speakles: how in the world did that happen?

edit: one of them didn't send :lol: that explains it.

Corey Feldman
06-16-2010, 04:38 PM
mikey, were you the guy holding up the sign asking torres to come to united? :D:yeah: that guy

sadly he's a dreamer like me :awww: he's crap now anyway ;)

MariaV
06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
WG, that was just horrible! :bigcry: :tears: :crying2:

acionescu
06-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Wilde, we killed them since yesterday when they both sent :( :rocker2:

wildegirl05
06-16-2010, 04:41 PM
:yeah: that guy

sadly he's a dreamer like me :awww: he's crap now anyway ;)

:lol: not as crap as villa was today. anyways, you might get eczema :awww:

WG, that was just horrible! :bigcry: :tears: :crying2:

maria :sad: :sad: it really was :(

but how awesome was navas? :inlove: get him, perez. get him and silva and then go retire on some beach for the rest of the year : praying:

star
06-16-2010, 04:42 PM
How many weeks til you exam, WG?

wildegirl05
06-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Wilde, we killed them since yesterday when they both sent :( :rocker2:

we did? i mean, of course we did :sport:

how are you doing in singles today? i hope we both win there too.

wildegirl05
06-16-2010, 04:43 PM
How many weeks til you exam, WG?

you sound like my mother when i told her i was going to go see the match today, star :sad:

anyways, about 5 weeks more i think. we are at crim pro. done with torts, agency, ny practice (worst thing ever), crim law and con law.

Saumon
06-16-2010, 04:51 PM
they should have included Gourcuff in those lists.

http://jmag77.typepad.com/photos/sportifs/51-yoann-gourcuff-nu-slip.jpg
- Is there any way we can institute a football-free time on each day? :sobbing: For example 9:00am-noon, or 5pm-8pm GMT or something like that? :awww:
Did you have snooker-spam free time? :scratch:
Training drill for Spain.
I see the Georgie jinx worked again.
I have NOT. Unless you call :haha: :nerner: :zzz: and :lol: talking about soccer. Plus, I never call it "football." That's an entirely different sport that I also don't/won't watch. :p
In a sport called football you shouldn't be allowed to use your hands :rolleyes: (unless you are a goalkeeper or Thierry Henry)
Spain :haha: :haha:

Rafito will not be pleased :awww:
:o
they should have vuvuzelas at Wimbledon

adee-gee
06-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Unreal luck these Swiss have in sport.

I haven't read back but I presume JM has been/will be unbearable :o