06-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Melzer in 5.

@Sweet Cleopatra
06-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Rafa in 3.

Vamos Rafa!!

MalwareDie
06-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Melzer is shot. Probably the end for him. Not everybody can be blessed with a draw like Nadal's.

samanosuke
06-02-2010, 06:35 PM
It's more and more disgusting to see Rafa's draw . He is the luckiest tennis player ever . And then when he gets injured all are talking about his bad luck . When somebody has such much luck with draws it's normal that he is unlucky in some other things . All these injuries are consequences of his enormous luck

Chair Umpire
06-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Melzer in 4. Jurgen will choke in a set.

Chair Umpire
06-02-2010, 06:36 PM
It's more and more disgusting to see Rafa's draw . He is the luckiest tennis player ever . And then when he gets injured all are talking about his bad luck . When somebody has such much luck with draws it's normal that he is unlucky in some other things . All these injuries are consequences of his enormous luck

http://www.forthemommas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/211_kleenex.jpg :hug:

Luinir
Melzer in 5.

Certinfy in 9

River
I like Melzer, but let's be realistic.

Rafa in 4, at the max.

raahaat7
06-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Nadal

federernadalfan
06-02-2010, 06:37 PM
rafa will not lose a set
6-4 6-3 6-3

federernadalfan
06-02-2010, 06:38 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=163058

coonster14
06-02-2010, 06:38 PM
nadal in 3!!! melzer will most likely be physically wiped after the match with novak.

rocketassist
06-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Nadal comfortably, 4, 4 and 3. However don't underestimate Jurgen, he can strike a fucking good ball with that leftie forehand- Nadal's topspin won't have the same effect as it does to Fedmug BH, as an example.

Macbrother
06-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Hmm. Tough one.

Commander Data
06-02-2010, 06:42 PM
I would easily put all my v-cash on Nadal if I would know how to do it..

Voo de Mar
06-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Nadal easily, maybe Melzer will win 5 games in one set :shrug:

federernadalfan
06-02-2010, 06:45 PM
I would easily put all my v-cash on Nadal if I would know how to do it..

check out vbookie to bet.

philosophicalarf
06-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Nadal will moonball him to death in the Friday heat, bounce it way over shoulder height. Then the other strengths of Melzer this tournament: the dropshots, the serve, the netplay. Nadal neuters it all.

Easiest slam draw ever for Nadal, even sillier than Aus Open 2009 or US Open 2008.

samanosuke
06-02-2010, 06:48 PM
The most impressive run to the Gs final

R1: Mina 655
R2: Zeballos 44
R3: Hewitt 33
R4: Bellucci 29
1/4: Almagro 21
1/2: Melzer 27

:worship:

He really needed paranormal abilities to break through this draw

Nidhogg
06-02-2010, 06:52 PM
At least Melzer shouldn't be feeling too much pressure.

Bilbo
R. Nadal in 3

marcRD
Söderling will beat Nadal in the final, I am only worried about Berdych.

Nadal in 3.

Geo
most likely Nadal in 3 sets. I think 1 set will be 7-5 or 7-6 and the other 2 will be 6-3 and 6-2 :lol: :shrug: Melzer will be probably be physically AND mentally tired after coming back from 2 sets down to beat Djokovic today. He'll also probably be nervous since a slam SF is new territory for him. I think at the most, Melzer could sneak out a set, but no way in hell is he winning 2 sets or the match :spit:

Nadal cakewalks his way into the final :zzz: :o :yawn:

Commander Data
06-02-2010, 06:55 PM
check out vbookie to bet.

THX!

green25814
Nadal will win. If Jurgen can recover in time, he might pose some problems, but I expect Nadal to be too strong mentally.

Not that it matters. He's not winning the tournament.

djb84xi
Gotta go with Rafa on this one. Melzer was able to fool Djokovic, but there's no way in the world he'll fool Rafa. Rafa wraps this up in 3 and heads to the final!

A_Skywalker

that is really stupid comment

Certinfy
06-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Route To The SF (Opponent Ranking):

Soderling
R1: Recouderc (171)
R2: Dent (102)
R3: Montanes (34)
R4: Cilic (12)
QF: Federer (1)

Berdych
R1: Aguilar (226)
R2: Roger-Vasellin (124)
R3: Isner (19)
R4: Murray (4)
QF: Youzhny (14)

Melzer
R1: Sela (61)
R2: Mahut (154)
R3: Ferrer (11)
R4: Gabashvili (114)
QF: Djokovic (3)

Nadal
R1: Mina (655)
R2: Zeballos (44)
R3: Hewitt (33)
R4: Bellucci (29)
QF: Almagro (21)

Soderling, Berdych and Melzer have beaten a top 4 player while Nadal hasn't beaten a top 20 player, how nice.

MIMIC
06-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Melzer in 3 or 4. Nadal won't be able to handle the real clay GOAT.

green25814

Soderling

Berdych

Melzer

Nadal

All the other 3 have beaten a top 4 player while Nadal hasn't beaten a top 20 player, how nice.
Disgrace tbh. But oh well. I think Melzer will prove more of a challenge than djoker anyway.

Filo V.
Straight sets win for Nadal, with a tiebreak set mixed in there.

djb84xi
06-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Söderling will beat Nadal in the final, I am only worried about Berdych.

Nadal in 3.

That's IF Soderling makes it past Berdych, and even if he somehow does, he ain't beating Rafa in the final.

Filo V.
06-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Who cares about the route to the SF? It isn't Nadal's fault his draw is easier. That's just the luck of the draw, circumstances work out that way sometimes. Quit the crying about it because Rafa is still in the tournament and you can't deal with that.

Certinfy
06-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Berdych will beat Melzer in the final, so all u people dreaming of a Soderling vs Nadal final can fuck off! :D

TennisOnWood
06-02-2010, 07:00 PM
9th Grand Slam final for Rafa

Mateya
Rafito is not at his best.
At the same time Mugro played great today and lost 0-3.

-> Rafito beats Jurgi 3-0 no matter how he plays.
:wavey:

green25814
Imagine if we had a Berdych/Melzer final. :p

The Magician
06-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Melzer has the game to beat Nadal, but he'll be too tired. Once again Nadal is given a ridiculously easy draw :o It's sad to see players struggle their whole careers and play the tennis of their lives to reach a GS final when Nadal is basically handed one playing at his worst.

Filo V.
06-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Melzer has the game to beat Nadal, but he'll be too tired. Once again Nadal is given a ridiculously easy draw :o It's sad to see players struggle their whole careers and play the tennis of their lives to reach a GS final when Nadal is basically handed one playing at his worst.

That's the way things work sometimes. It's not sad, it's just circumstances. Everyone has been given easy draws at one point in their lives, it's about taking advantage of it and Nadal has. It isn't his fault at all.

docking34
06-02-2010, 07:07 PM
melzer in 4. he might choke a lil bit. but nadul is going home

Priam
06-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Rafa in 3. Jurgen is probably in a stretcher after that match against the Djoker. Props to Melzer though. He didn't buckle under the pressure.

samanosuke
06-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Our Spartan Rafa . With his draw Almagro would be Spartacus

peribsen
06-02-2010, 07:09 PM

Soursport.
Is it his fault if all his supposedly good rivals fail before they make the match against him? Do you really think Rafa has much to prove on clay at this late date? On other surfaces, yes he does, but on clay? He butchered Djoko in the SF of 2007 and 2008, and that was a far more dangerous Djoko. In 37 matches on RG he has only lost once, to Soderling. Will the Swede be able to repeat the result, or was it just an isolated event? We'll probably find out on Sunday (unless Melzer and/or Berdych decide otherwise, that is).
Stop clowning.

The Magician
06-02-2010, 07:10 PM
That's the way things work sometimes. It's not sad, it's just circumstances. Everyone has been given easy draws at one point in their lives, it's about taking advantage of it and Nadal has. It isn't his fault at all.

Of course it's not his fault, but it does diminish the accomplishment. Assuming Nadal loses in the final, which he will if he plays like today, it will be a huge failure of a GS despite him making the final which is normally a great result. I think Jurgen making the SF is a better accomplishment than Nadal making the final based on their draws and level of play.

samanosuke
06-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Soursport.
Is it his fault if all his supposedly good rivals fail before they make the match against him? Do you really think Rafa has much to prove on clay at this late date? On other surfaces, yes he does, but on clay? He butchered Djoko in the SF of 2007 and 2008, and that was a far more dangerous Djoko. In 37 matches on RG he has only lost once, to Soderling. Will the Swede be able to repeat the result, or was it just an isolated event? We'll probably find out on Sunday (unless Melzer and/or Berdych decide otherwise, that is).
Stop clowning.

Who told that good rivals went off before match against Rafa . Good rivals weren't in his part of the draw . You consider that Djokovic in this kind of form is a good rival , or his bitches like Verdasco or Ferrer ?? Or even you consider Roddick as a good rival ? Good rivals are Soderling , Berdych , healthy Gulbis or even Isner and they were miles far from him

Ariel
06-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Wow @ the poll. Nadal in 3? I hope so but come on, Meltzer is a crafty player and unless he is emotionally overwhelmed by Nadal and the occasion I see him getting a set if Nadal goes into a funk temporarily. Of course, there's no one out there on defense and topspin like Nadal so perhaps you're all correct. Who am I to argue? :)

Voo de Mar
06-02-2010, 07:19 PM
I suppose it's the first RG semifinal with two left-handers playing with double-handed backhand.

Certinfy
06-02-2010, 07:20 PM
The last 2 times both Soderling and Nadal have been in different Semi Final's of the same event, both have lose their SF match. Imagine it happening here :lol:

Filo V.
06-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Of course it's not his fault, but it does diminish the accomplishment. Assuming Nadal loses in the final, which he will if he plays like today, it will be a huge failure of a GS despite him making the final which is normally a great result. I think Jurgen making the SF is a better accomplishment than Nadal making the final based on their draws and level of play.

Making the SF isn't even an accomplishment for Nadal. It's expected and a requirement. The only accomplishment will be him winning the event. Anything less is a failure, so I agree with you on that point.

Malul
06-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Nadal will win this playing with his left ball,maybe even with the right one.

Ariel
06-02-2010, 07:24 PM

:haha: You need a tranquilizer, you. So obvious you hate Rafa. Who gets most of the bad luck with the weather and has to play matches back to back? Everything evens out in the end. The man deserves a break and hopefully he'll show us that draw doesn't matter when he beats Soderling in the final.

Sapeod
06-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Marry me.

peribsen
06-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Who told that good rivals went off before match against Rafa . Good rivals weren't in his part of the draw . You consider that Djokovic in this kind of form is a good rival , or his bitches like Verdasco or Ferrer ?? Or even you consider Roddick as a good rival ? Good rivals are Soderling , Berdych , healthy Gulbis or even Isner and they were miles far from him

Yes, but you forget Nadal doesn´t run the draws. Nr1 and nr2 get to avoid all the really big shots until very late in the tournament (usually QF), that's their privilege, that is what rankings are for. You insist on calling Ferrer and Verdasco his bitches, so you'll be kind enough to tell me how many of the players ranked 11-25 have results against Nadal that differ much from theirs? As for the candidates you name, Nadal has played against all of them except Soderling on clay this season. Care to remember the results? How can one win against someone who's not on the other side of the net? How can you be so symplistic as to say they would have beaten Nadal given his present form of play, if no one plays the same if he feels tested that if he doesn't?

You're the sort of guy who last year was happy Nadal was out of WB, but this year will insist any result he gets anywhere is tarnished by the abscense of Davy, Delpo, etc. Not much balance there.

superslam77
06-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Melzer in a GS SF :o

who's Melzer??

Hope the draw makers are happy :o

Filo V.
06-02-2010, 07:38 PM

Hahahahaha. Gulbis, who he just beat in Rome? Isner? On clay? Berdych, who he has beaten like 5 times in a row?

People would be crying regardless because they are haters. He didn't make the draw. He's just playing. All this talk about "I want to see a test", whose gonna test him? Not many out guys out there. He's just that much better than everyone else. He doesn't need to prove anything. The draw gets lucky sometimes for players, it is what it is. Nothing to cry about. It's about taking advantage of the circumstances, and Rafa has done that. That is why he is the King of clay.

The Magician
06-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Yes, but you forget Nadal doesn´t run the draws. Nr1 and nr2 get to avoid all the really big shots until very late in the tournament (usually QF), that's their privilege, that is what rankings are for. You insist on calling Ferrer and Verdasco his bitches, so you'll be kind enough to tell me how many of the players ranked 11-25 have results against Nadal that differ much from theirs? As for the candidates you name, Nadal has played against all of them except Soderling on clay this season. Care to remember the results? How can one win against someone who's not on the other side of the net? How can you be so symplistic as to say they would have beaten Nadal given his present form of play, if no one plays the same if he feels tested that if he doesn't?

You're the sort of guy who last year was happy Nadal was out of WB, but this year will insist any result he gets anywhere is tarnished by the abscense of Davy, Delpo, etc. Not much balance there.

Nadal has a game that brings down the level of his opponents, while Federer elevates his own game. That's why anyone who plays a good match against Nadal, like Del Potro, Murray, or Soderling wipes him off the court, while players who play good games against Federer, like Del Potro, Safin, Nalbandian, Roddick, make classic high quality encounters.

Basically when Federer breezes through a draw it means he's playing great tennis, while when Nadal does it means he's playing mugs and chokers. Even his best tournament, FO 2008, had an awful final and he played a bunch of Spanish clowns. For tennis, it's essential there be good rivals to Nadal while it's not nearly as important for Federer.

Chair Umpire
06-02-2010, 07:42 PM
LOL @ Fedtards/Rafahaters' suffering. :lol: :lol:

I hope my predictions turn out to be right but if it doesn't at least I'm going to have fun at these crybabies' moanings in MTF. :lol:

FedFan
06-02-2010, 07:44 PM

It is very obvious, that the bighitters and shotmakers were all in the other half of the draw.

Since Nadal has been beaten by Soderling in RG 2009 he was never again in Nadals half.

DwyaneWade
06-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Yes, because Nadal really needs an easy draw to get to the RG finals...for pete's sake this is ridiculous moaning.

Pirata.
06-02-2010, 07:52 PM
The last 2 times both Soderling and Nadal have been in different Semi Final's of the same event, both have lose their SF match. Imagine it happening here :lol:

The organizers dream match :haha:

The Magician
06-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Yes, because Nadal really needs an easy draw to get to the RG finals...for pete's sake this is ridiculous moaning.

People will look at the period of 2005-2008 on clay as the period after the fall of Guga, Gaudio, Costa, Ferrero to injuries and before the rise of Soderling, Del Potro, and the new generation of powerful clay courters. Nadal was really unchallenged during this time, but as this final will show, that was more to do with a lack of competition than true excellence by Nadal.

peribsen
06-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Nadal has a game that brings down the level of his opponents

Mostly meaning he is by far one of the most intelligent players and knows more about the nuances of playing big matches than most of his rivals? Hey, you are actually praising Nadal, what a tournabout for you

That's why anyone who plays a good match against Nadal, like Del Potro, Murray, or Soderling wipes him off the court

Doesn´t happen that very often, does it? Is that what makes you so sour?
And BTW, Soderling managed it once, we'll find out if he can do it again on Sunday, I think he does have what it takes, that's for sure, but will he do it? Delpo beat Nadal 3 times in 2009, after losing all their previous encounters: Miami QF (Nadal came from winning AO and IW and nobody wins always, so that wasn´t really all that surprising), Canada QF (Nadal's return from injury, 'nough said) and USO SF (his biggest win, no doubt, but it happened during the half year that Nadal was struggling against anybody and falling even against the likes of Cilic; meaning I think the jury is still out on the Nadal-Delpo comparison. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Delpo very much and it may turn out he is indeed superior to Rafa, but I need more solid evidence before I settle that one). As for Murray... well, he has beaten Rafa a couple of times, that's pretty much expected of nr4, but wiped him out? Really?

And if you think Rafa has never produced a high quality win against anybody...... I'll leave it there.

Nobody can be forced to like a player, but hating is something else, and it's always kind of sad.

vn01
06-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Rafa in 3

Alley-oop
06-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Nadal in 3 , something like 6-1 , 6-2 , 6-0

FedFan
06-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Melzer in a GS SF :o

who's Melzer??

Hope the draw makers are happy :o

The comedy with the draw would stop with a round robin system, this is for sure.

Then the best of the best would prevail and we would see some great, competitive tennis.

But it is difficult to realize in slams with so many players.

Clay Death
06-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Rafa in 3.

Vamos Rafa!!

affirmative.

melzer doesnt have a prayer in this one.

the real question is this: who will be the one getting slaughtered in the final?

Sophocles
06-02-2010, 08:20 PM
You know when Tripitaka incants the spell that makes the metal band around Monkey's head contract, causing him excruciating pain? That's how much my brain hurts trying to work out who's going to win this match.

oranges
06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
The comedy with the draw would stop with a round robin system, this is for sure.

Then the best of the best would prevail and we would see some great, competitive tennis.

But it is difficult to realize in slams with so many players.

:lol: Yes, round robin FTW, in slams no less. We don't want winning slams to be diffiuclt for poor stars, best to give them a free pass to the final. Others will play exhibition matches in the remaining 13 days just to fill time :haha:

ShotmaKer
06-02-2010, 08:24 PM
on topic, Nadal will win this one. as much as i've predicted Melzer to reach the semis, now he's jaded and Rafa will be too solid for him. i hope i'm wrong and he'll put up a good fight though. the way i see it, only Toad playing like he did in the QF has the weapons and the mindset to beat him. Berdych could probably do it too, but not on his first GS final appearance.

oranges
06-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Difficult to see Melzer winning this one, but if he's very aggressive and mixing it up well, he could snatch a set IMO. Give it your best Jurgen :rocker2:

Johnny_Bravo
06-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Jurgen in 3 cuz he's terrific ;)

Dyraise
06-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Nadal 99,9
Melzer 00,1

born_on_clay
06-02-2010, 09:39 PM

:o
you're pathetic
what the hell Rafa has to do with the fact that top players can't battle through their draws to meet The Spaniard :confused:

DuMa
06-02-2010, 09:43 PM

Soderling

Berdych

Melzer

Nadal

Soderling, Berdych and Melzer have beaten a top 4 player while Nadal hasn't beaten a top 20 player, how nice.

Nadal has earned it by keeping his ranking high. the luck favors the prepared. and Nadal was prepared before this tournament.

andylovesaustin
06-02-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm going out on a limb by voting Rafa in 3 even though he doesn't look very confident. :shrug: I think Rafa KNOWS his draw hasn't really tested him in the way he wants/needs to be tested.

If Melzer can.. shake-up Rafa a little.. get him out of his comfort zone.. then perhaps..

I just don't think Melzer is going to have enough left in the tank, particularly if he gets down. Rafa won't allow him to come back, and I'm not sure Melzer would have the energy to come back from two sets down again. :shrug:

joshabner5
06-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Nadal in 2.

Sunset of Age
06-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Nadal in 2.

This.

As much as I've been claiming that Rafa hasn't yet shown his best tennis so far, this should be a blow-out. If not, get yourselves buckled up for the final, Rafa fans! - :scared:

Rafa will be enjoying a very happy birthday tomorrow. :aparty: :bdaycake: :D

Elbarto
06-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Melzer in 3,

sunday he will be the winner for the title against Berdych

FormerRafaFan
06-02-2010, 11:03 PM

How is it his fault that the top players can't get their act together to get to the SF? He is not "lucky", the top players are just not playing good enough. All the Rafa haters need to give it a rest already.

osmonde
06-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Their last meetings:

Madrid 2009 clay Nadal won 6-3 6-1
Beijing 2008 hard Nadal won 6-0 6-4

So I think Nadal won't drop a set in this one.

tennishero
06-02-2010, 11:16 PM
rafa in 3, melzer should be out of gas.

M4RC
06-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Melzer in 5.

:eek:

Bellucci in 5 anyone?

Desilusional.

Sunset of Age
06-02-2010, 11:49 PM
How is it his fault that the top players can't get their act together to get to the SF? He is not "lucky", the top players are just not playing good enough. All the Rafa haters need to give it a rest already.

Any player that manages to get to a GS semifinal deserves it.
Agree with all your points - same goes to the Fedhaters, btw. ;)

spriwi
06-02-2010, 11:58 PM

yet Nole managed to lose't with comparable draw, didn't he? :o

paseo
06-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Joke draw. All luck, this Nadal.

Anyway, Nadal in 3. I'll be very surprised if Melzer even get a set.

emotion
06-03-2010, 12:14 AM
Melzer, S&V is not a bad idea
However, DO NOT PLAY A POOR APPROACH. If you do, not only will you lose the point, but the crowd will go against you when Nadal hits winner after winner on passing shots

viruzzz
06-03-2010, 12:14 AM
I just want to watch this because I don't know what could happen.

Filo V.
06-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Joke draw. All luck, this Nadal.

Anyway, Nadal in 3. I'll be very surprised if Melzer even get a set.
He wins with the opponents given him on the other side. That isn't luck. You have to take advantage and he has.

philosophicalarf
06-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Melzer, S&V is not a bad idea
However, DO NOT PLAY A POOR APPROACH. If you do, not only will you lose the point, but the crowd will go against you when Nadal hits winner after winner on passing shots

Melzer had a go at netrushing vs Nadal in Madrid last year, worked for about the first 6 games or so but couldn't keep the level up. At least it should allow him to finish some rallies on Friday though, cos otherwise he'll have to hit 3 corners hard in a row most points :-)

General Suburbia
06-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Some of the posts coming out of this thread are retarded beyond belief. It's quite sad.

That said, Nadal in 3. Easy.

brent-o
06-03-2010, 01:32 AM

Haters are hilarious.

andy neyer
06-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Rafa in 3. No way he loses to a guy like Melzer.

brent-o
06-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Nadal has a game that brings down the level of his opponents, while Federer elevates his own game. That's why anyone who plays a good match against Nadal, like Del Potro, Murray, or Soderling wipes him off the court, while players who play good games against Federer, like Del Potro, Safin, Nalbandian, Roddick, make classic high quality encounters.

Basically when Federer breezes through a draw it means he's playing great tennis, while when Nadal does it means he's playing mugs and chokers. Even his best tournament, FO 2008, had an awful final and he played a bunch of Spanish clowns. For tennis, it's essential there be good rivals to Nadal while it's not nearly as important for Federer.

So Nadal has never been involved in any classic high quality encounters? ;) You should write the Hater Handbook.

Clay Death
06-03-2010, 02:13 AM
So Nadal has never been involved in any classic high quality encounters? ;) You should write the Hater Handbook.

why brent? this cat probably can't read or write properly otherwise he would not be putting out this garbage that he hopes to pass as some sort of post.

evidently is also watching some other sport as well.

gulzhan
06-03-2010, 02:57 AM

:lol:

Hopefully, Berdych in the final! :rocker2:

Everyone knows Rafa can't beat a top 10 player, so he had to get draw of non-top-ten players to have a chance to get this title :dance: :p

maskedmuffin
06-03-2010, 03:22 AM

I actually agree with a large portion of this statement, and the data actually backs it up.

Federer plays attacking tennis, so a person who beats him at top of his game has to out attack fed. Soderling not only ball bashed fed, but he handled his silngshot forehand and gave it back with interest. Delpotro hitting forehand winners from all corner of the court and STILL it went 5. Safin in Oz when fed was moving like a cat in his physical prime. Heck even federer against nalbandian in tmc 2005, with fed having bum ankle coming up with all kinds of sick winners, and nalby just answering back. What do all these matches have in common? High winners to error ratio for BOTH competitors

Nadal on the other hand, when he is beat it usually is by being overpowered and his topspin is being mauled. He rarely has a high winner to error ratio anyway, rather elicits more errors from his opponent. When he is beat, this point is underscored dramatically, as match stats show him being out ratioed badly on winner to errors. He may actually have a static winner to error line, something like 20-20, or 20-17, but his opponent will have lot more winners AND errors. Plainly put, his opponent will be controlling play and thus there will be less back and forth in the match, as there would be to beat a peak fed.

Nadal gets bludgeoned, plainly put. Delpo 09, murray 08, soderling 09, heck ferrer in 07, youzhny in 06, blake 05.

The ONLY opponent where he has had a modicum of success against in terms of winners to errors is federer, but there there is yet another very telling stat. In their "epic" encounters, the break point percentage conversion has been on the order of melzer-esqu circa today for fed

2/22, 1/20, etc. Pitifully low. The french open finals, except for 2008, fed has been out erroring nadal by a huge margin. Plainly put, it is a stinky, smelly final where federror's errors gang up on him. At Oz 09 and wimby 08, those break point percentages are what did him in. Beautiful tennis is rarely played between them except for a few brief spurts off of clay (tiebreak of wimby 08 4th set). On clay, perhaps only roma 2006 has been a true "classic" in the mold of a federer-safin quality for both.

Perhaps nadal's finest performance as an agressor was french open 2008.

purple_star
06-03-2010, 04:59 AM
nadal in 3.

vamos rafa!:)

brent-o
06-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Melzer is shot. Probably the end for him. Not everybody can be blessed with a draw like Nadal's.

Agreed. I should also add that not everyone can earn it by being the number 2 seed.

NADALbULLS
06-03-2010, 05:46 AM
This will be the first slam Nadal has ever won without beating Federer.

paseo
06-03-2010, 06:08 AM
Agreed. I should also add that not everyone can earn it by being the number 2 seed.

Fed also earned his #1 seed, but still he got #5 Soderling. Yes, it's not Nadal's fault that the seeds in his draw are crap, but you can't deny his good luck here.

NADALbULLS
06-03-2010, 06:24 AM
You can bring up the 'good luck factor' with at least 50% of grand slam champions. It's part of being a top 2 seed, you shouldn't face many top players if you are seeded that high. And if a player seeded 3 or 4 is upset then the top 2 seed will get an easier semi.

However Nadal has an incredible record against Djokovic on clay, so one could argue that Djokovic would have been the easier opponent for Nadal, not an unknown left-hander. Also factor in that clay prowess has nothing to do with seedings. Guys like Almagro have been the best performers of the clay season, yet their seeding doesn't reflect that.

Have a look at Federer's draw last year at RG. As far as rankings go he faced no threat apart from Del Potro.

samanosuke
06-03-2010, 07:08 AM
:haha: You need a tranquilizer, you. So obvious you hate Rafa. Who gets most of the bad luck with the weather and has to play matches back to back? Everything evens out in the end. The man deserves a break and hopefully he'll show us that draw doesn't matter when he beats Soderling in the final.

That's my point . It is much easier to play Soderling or Berdych in finals than in 4th round or 1/4's

Marry me.

:inlove:

I haven't told that they would beat him . Only that it would be much harder to break through the draw for Rafa and that these players would have much bigger chance to beat him in this sort of form then Bellucci, Almagro or Melzer. Everybody knows that Spanish players are Rafa's fanboys. If you need a refresher , great examples are Nadal-Almagro last year in Paris , Ferrer-Almagro this year in Miami , Robredo-Nadal last year in Paris , every Verdasco's match against Rafa etc...

Hahahahaha. Gulbis, who he just beat in Rome? Isner? On clay? Berdych, who he has beaten like 5 times in a row?

People would be crying regardless because they are haters. He didn't make the draw. He's just playing. All this talk about "I want to see a test", whose gonna test him? Not many out guys out there. He's just that much better than everyone else. He doesn't need to prove anything. The draw gets lucky sometimes for players, it is what it is. Nothing to cry about. It's about taking advantage of the circumstances, and Rafa has done that. That is why he is the King of clay.

All these players would troubled him when he is in form like this. I agree that he is the best player on clay but draws like this made the things much easier

:o
you're pathetic
what the hell Rafa has to do with the fact that top players can't battle through their draws to meet The Spaniard :confused:

Who said that top players expect Soderling and Federer were threat

Previous qoute

yet Nole managed to lose't with comparable draw, didn't he? :o

because he sucks . And he is noramlly in Rafa's draw

You can bring up the 'good luck factor' with at least 50% of grand slam champions. It's part of being a top 2 seed, you shouldn't face many top players if you are seeded that high. And if a player seeded 3 or 4 is upset then the top 2 seed will get an easier semi.

However Nadal has an incredible record against Djokovic on clay, so one could argue that Djokovic would have been the easier opponent for Nadal, not an unknown left-hander. Also factor in that clay prowess has nothing to do with seedings. Guys like Almagro have been the best performers of the clay season, yet their seeding doesn't reflect that.

Have a look at Federer's draw last year at RG. As far as rankings go he faced no threat apart from Del Potro.

Federer had Del Potro , Soderling and almost every fighting match

latso
06-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Melzer to take circa 6 games...not in one set

Beatdown comming. Heavens making up to Rafa's last year

And it will the whole way with Tbird in the final, who'll be as doomed as Almagro was even though the tight result.

Only Soder can (and would imo) beat Rafa here, but he probably will fail against Tbird

Whatta crazy RG (though interesting i have to say)

Deivid23
06-03-2010, 07:40 AM
This is a WWW thread, for moaning and complaining about Nadal´s luck/draw/rivalsbendingover, go ask next window, please.

WWW: Nadal in 4, I think

Tutu
06-03-2010, 07:44 AM
KILL HIM, Rafa.

I mean cut him up into little pieces and then burn him into dust (figuratively, of course :lol:). Rafa in 3.

bleu_cheese
06-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Guys, have you ever been in a cakewalk? Those things are really difficult. I had my eye on this amazing German chocolate cake and...well, let's just say I won't be as friendly with Gladys anymore.

Nadal in 4, but I'm hoping for a decent match.

Acer
06-03-2010, 07:48 AM

:spit:

Halba
06-03-2010, 08:00 AM
but soderer in final, thats the litmus test

HKz
06-03-2010, 08:04 AM
If Melzer isn't burnt out, which he theoretically really shouldn't be, then this can be a tough one for Rafael.. Melzer is a lefty and should have lots of confidence coming in this match. He will definitely be nervous though since it is his first semifinal (and may feel like it is his only chance at his age) and not to mention he has gotten spanked by Nadal in their meetings.

I have a feeling the nerves will play their part quite a bit with Jurgen, so he won't be moving very well, and we all know how Rafael is the worst player to play against when you aren't feeling it. So with that being said, should probably be straight sets, however would not be surprised if it was otherwise.

General Suburbia
06-03-2010, 08:04 AM
I actually agree with a large portion of this statement, and the data actually backs it up.

Federer plays attacking tennis, so a person who beats him at top of his game has to out attack fed. Soderling not only ball bashed fed, but he handled his silngshot forehand and gave it back with interest. Delpotro hitting forehand winners from all corner of the court and STILL it went 5. Safin in Oz when fed was moving like a cat in his physical prime. Heck even federer against nalbandian in tmc 2005, with fed having bum ankle coming up with all kinds of sick winners, and nalby just answering back. What do all these matches have in common? High winners to error ratio for BOTH competitors

Nadal on the other hand, when he is beat it usually is by being overpowered and his topspin is being mauled. He rarely has a high winner to error ratio anyway, rather elicits more errors from his opponent. When he is beat, this point is underscored dramatically, as match stats show him being out ratioed badly on winner to errors. He may actually have a static winner to error line, something like 20-20, or 20-17, but his opponent will have lot more winners AND errors. Plainly put, his opponent will be controlling play and thus there will be less back and forth in the match, as there would be to beat a peak fed.

Nadal gets bludgeoned, plainly put. Delpo 09, murray 08, soderling 09, heck ferrer in 07, youzhny in 06, blake 05.

The ONLY opponent where he has had a modicum of success against in terms of winners to errors is federer, but there there is yet another very telling stat. In their "epic" encounters, the break point percentage conversion has been on the order of melzer-esqu circa today for fed

2/22, 1/20, etc. Pitifully low. The french open finals, except for 2008, fed has been out erroring nadal by a huge margin. Plainly put, it is a stinky, smelly final where federror's errors gang up on him. At Oz 09 and wimby 08, those break point percentages are what did him in. Beautiful tennis is rarely played between them except for a few brief spurts off of clay (tiebreak of wimby 08 4th set). On clay, perhaps only roma 2006 has been a true "classic" in the mold of a federer-safin quality for both.

Perhaps nadal's finest performance as an agressor was french open 2008.
So what? Are you implying that there is a "right" or "better" way to play tennis?

FedererBulgaria
06-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Melzer 3-2

Lopez
06-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Funny how the people defending Nadal luck of the draw are the ones crying asterisk on Fed's FO win.

Yeah you play the opponent that comes against you. That what Federer did last year and won and that's what Nadal is doing this year.

Ridiculous to bitch about the others having wins over top4. Nadal is top4, he can't have a match against the top4 before the semis.

ossie
06-03-2010, 08:41 AM
the king will give melzer 9 games max

NADALbULLS
06-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Nadal is a massive mental edge over Melzer. Straight sets easy. Could be a bagel included. Almagro was the toughie in this half.

bokehlicious
06-03-2010, 08:58 AM
This is a WWW thread, for moaning and complaining about Nadal´s luck/draw/rivalsbendingover, go ask next window, please.

:awww: :hug: :hug:

dusan1610
06-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Nadal in 3
Nadal 6-3 6-2 6-0

FairWeatherFan
06-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Joke of a draw for Nadal. The Accidental Champion's remarkable good fortune is displayed yet again.

NADALbULLS
06-03-2010, 09:26 AM
You think this draws easy, you should see how weak the draws are at Wimbledon, only Roddick, Federer and Nadal are at the elite level on grass.

Certinfy
06-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Well if Nadal plays the way he did against Almagro I'm pretty sure Melzer could get at least a set... :unsure:

Acer
06-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Almagro played a lot better than any of Nadal's other opponents. I'd even call that match the highest level of tennis in the whole 2 weeks.

Oh PALEASE

samanosuke
06-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Amlagaro and highest level :banghead:

Certinfy
06-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Really? Federer vs Soderling was A LOT better than Nadal vs Almagro.

Jimnik
06-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Nadal's SF opponents (and rankings) at RG:

2005 Federer 1
2006 Ljubicic 4
2007 Djokovic 6
2008 Djokovic 3
2010 Melzer 27

Federer's SF opponents at Wimby:

2003 Roddick 6
2004 Grosjean 13
2005 Hewitt 2
2006 Bjorkman 59
2007 Gasquet 14
2008 Safin 75
2009 Haas 34

Until this year Nadal had only top 6 opponents. I think we can safely say he was due an easier SF.

ShotmaKer
06-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Almagro-Nadal played the highest level of RG tennis we've seen this year apart from the tie-breakers where obviously Nadal is too clutch. I predicted before RG began that Almagro would play Nadal tighter than anyone else. Score-wise this looks likely.

you can't be serious. or you did not watch the other matches. or you need to buy new glasses.

Bernard Black
06-03-2010, 10:57 AM
It will be an interesting matchup in that Nadal's bread and butter crosscourt forehand will fall right into Melzer's hitting zone for his standout shot of this tournament - the forehand down the line.

Having said that though, realistically, Melzer will have to play the match of his life to get a result here. I don't think he'll have the consistency to trouble Nadal and even should he get in a winning position, the chances of choking it away would be high. I've not mentioned the fact he'll be wrecked after the epic battle against Djokovic.

Nadal won't have it so easy against Soderking in the final though.

zeleni
06-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Smash the cheater, Rafa.

Rafa in three.:)

malisha
06-03-2010, 12:18 PM
^
:haha:

how bitter are Nole fans...unreal

Guga_fan
06-03-2010, 12:28 PM
I doubt Nadal will play as bad a match as he played against Almagro, so Rafa in 3.

Start da Game
06-03-2010, 01:43 PM
the austrian's run ends here with a straight set hammering.......

nsidhan
06-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Rafa will win this one. But I will pray for you Juergen Melzer. You showed some heart out there beating Novak yesterday. Since you are going to lose might as well go out fighting and take Rafa with you.

justsumma
06-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Melzer in 1. Rafa will retire injured.

Sapeod
06-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Melzer in 1. Rafa will retire injured.
Let's all pray for tennis that Melzer wins. Nadal makes Robredo seem like the messiah.

Aaric
06-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Let's all pray for tennis that Melzer wins. Nadal makes Robredo seem like the messiah.

You do realize that Murray is in your sig dont you :unsure:

Certinfy
06-03-2010, 06:09 PM
You do realize that Murray is in your sig dont you :unsure:
Good point :lol:

MalwareDie
06-03-2010, 11:10 PM
you can't be serious. or you did not watch the other matches. or you need to buy new glasses.

He/she is just talking out of his/her arse as usual.

06-04-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm not familiar with Meltzer..I heard one commentator say he is really fit, is he fit enough to go over 5 sets with Capsical after a 5 setter with Jokobitch and 2 four setters prior?

Mjau!
06-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Funny how the people defending Nadal luck of the draw are the ones crying asterisk on Fed's FO win.

Yeah you play the opponent that comes against you. That what Federer did last year and won and that's what Nadal is doing this year.

Ridiculous to bitch about the others having wins over top4. Nadal is top4, he can't have a match against the top4 before the semis.

Yes, this is but one of many displays of sheer hypocrisy from the armada of Nadaltards that infest this fine forum. Disgusting!

Marek.
06-04-2010, 04:51 AM
Nadal sent some reporter to LA and had her ask Gasol if he was going to watch his match tomorrow.:lol: I hope he doesn't because he needs to rest after tonight.

Oh and Nadal will win this in 3.

brent-o
06-04-2010, 05:25 AM
Fed also earned his #1 seed, but still he got #5 Soderling. Yes, it's not Nadal's fault that the seeds in his draw are crap, but you can't deny his good luck here.

Of course, I can't deny it. It was good luck (and bad luck for Fed). But there's no use whining about it. Rafa has gotten plenty of unlucky draws (and unlucky scheduling/weather problems) in the past so really it evens out.

gorgo1986
06-04-2010, 06:48 AM

and so said a Murray fan. Murray makes Nadal look like Sampras!

gorgo1986
06-04-2010, 06:50 AM
Melzer is dead tired and his game simply does not match well with Nadal. Nadal should win 6-3 6-4 6-2

alter ego
06-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Melzer will put up a more decent fight against Nadull than most of you expect. Remember the Nadull-Fiasco match in australia, 2 years ago? Nadull didn't loset a set before that meeting and was in the form of his life on a hard court. Verdasco won a tough 5 setter against Murray in the 4 th round. But still people didn't give him a chance in hell because it was his first semifinal in a major. But the match went on to be a 5th set thriler. This Melzer who beat Ferrer in 3 and came back form 0-2 against Djokovic is not the same Melzer who chokes in the 2nd round of a master.

Elena.
06-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Easy one for Rafito.Rafito easily in 3.

Hellraiser
06-04-2010, 08:47 AM
I'll be cheer Jurgen but it be straight sets for Rafael

chewbacca74
06-04-2010, 09:06 AM
I think Nadal's physical skills will be important against Melzer.

He is likely to keep composure even if the match lasts 5 sets.

The problem for Melzer will be to gain points without too much effort...
With Nadal running & returning every single ball, it will not be an easy task !

I would say Rafa 3 sets to 1...

samanosuke
06-04-2010, 09:27 AM
I think Nadal's physical skills will be important against Melzer.

He is likely to keep composure even if the match lasts 5 sets.

The problem for Melzer will be to gain points without too much effort...
With Nadal running & returning every single ball, it will not be an easy task !

I would say Rafa 3 sets to 1...

Well done Einstein

Turquoise
06-04-2010, 09:58 AM
First, I’d like to commend Melzer for a fantastic run in this year’s RG. His demolition of Ferrer was unexpected and truly remarkable. His valiant fightback against Djokovic was inspirational. He will try to shorten points, go for winners, but not a sustainable strategy against Nadal. Sorry, it’s the end of the road for him. Nadal in 3.

And for those who say that Nadal has a cakewalk draw – that’s irrelevant. Nadal fears no-one and he does not expect favours. He’s the King of Clay because he never allows himself to become complacent.

malisha
06-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Nadal in 4

malisha
06-04-2010, 01:40 PM
This Melzer who beat Ferrer in 3 and came back form 0-2 against Djokovic is not the same Melzer who chokes in the 2nd round of a master.

very good point

matchups are improtant but confidance and form are there as well