The 2010 Grass Court Season Mishathread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The 2010 Grass Court Season Mishathread

tedlesurfeur
06-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Misha will begin his grass court campaign in Halle.

Here's the mens Entry List :

http://www.gerryweber-open.de/en/players-field/spielerfeld-2010/

Quite a few names. Misha will be seeded No.4 or 5 depending on when the draw is made (Berdych will overtake the No.13 position in the rankings on Monday)

Mlad
06-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Misha will begin his grass court campaign in Halle.

Here's the mens Entry List :

http://www.gerryweber-open.de/en/players-field/spielerfeld-2010/

Quite a few names. Misha will be seeded No.4 or 5 depending on when the draw is made (Berdych will overtake the No.13 position in the rankings on Monday)

Even if he wins RG? I'm pretty sure you didn't consider this possibility :D

tedlesurfeur
06-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Not sure I'm following you :haha:

Davai Misha on grass :rocker2:

tedlesurfeur
06-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Halle's draw

1 FEDERER, Roger SUI [1]
2 NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN

3 QUALIFIER
4 FALLA, Alejandro COL

5 CHIUDINELLI, Marco SUI
6 ROCHUS, Olivier BEL

7 KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER
8 STEPANEK, Radek CZE [5]

9 FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP [4]
10 QUALIFIER

11 LACKO, Lukas SVK
12 CHARDY, Jeremy FRA

13 TROICKI, Viktor SRB
14 GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP

15 PETZSCHNER, Philipp GER
16 BAGHDATIS, Marcos CYP [7]

----------------------------

17 HEWITT, Lleyton AUS [8]
18 LUCZAK, Peter AUS

19 QUALIFIER
20 DE BAKKER, Thiemo NED

21 BECK, Andreas GER
22 STAKHOVSKY, Sergiy UKR

23 KIEFER, Nicolas GER
24 YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS [3]

25 MELZER, Jurgen AUT [6]
26 QUALIFIER

27 SERRA, Florent FRA
28 ZVEREV, Mischa GER

29 QUALIFIER
30 BECKER, Benjamin GER

31 GREUL, Simon GER
32 DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS [2]

tedlesurfeur
06-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Kiefer on the return shouldn't be too much of a problem, but Misha's first match on grass is always delicate. Should he win this, which I believe he will, he would play either one of his best buddies Sergiy, or Beck (against which he never loses). Quarterfinal against De Bakker or Hewitt, now that will be the first challenge.

NicolasKiefer44
06-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Kiefer Misha. What will I do? :awww:

NicolasKiefer44
06-12-2010, 01:47 PM
A loss for Misha but good win for Kiefer.

Some good doubles wins for Misha! :)

tedlesurfeur
06-12-2010, 02:55 PM
He still should have won this match, but Kiefer had been training on grass for a month.

Jelena_78
06-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Misha and Sergiy won Halle :)

4-6, 7-5, 10-7

Congrats! :D :clap2:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/3EA326B6A5AE487CA974E23D2C197A62.ashx

Gêmeos
06-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Misha and Sergiy won Halle :)

4-6, 7-5, 10-7

Congrats! :D :clap2:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/3EA326B6A5AE487CA974E23D2C197A62.ashx

:woohoo:very nice,the 7th double titles and the first one with Sergiy:angel:This will gain confidence,GL in Wimbledon Misha !

tedlesurfeur
06-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Firs round win for Misha !!! :rocker2:

Youzhny def. Sela 63 64 46 76 !!!

He saved two set points during the fourth set !!
:crazy: some stats:
aces:7
winners:61
double faults:4
UEs:43 so he needs to cut these, but aside from that it's good match.

Moreover, Sela was in form, he's the one who dismissed Roddick at Queen's!!!
So, well done Misha!!!

Next round : Paul Henri Mathieu.

Misha is Mathieu's nightmare!! :lol: I'm sure the Frenchman has already lost in his head. :sad: poor Mathieu.

Anyway, DAVAI !!!!

tedlesurfeur
06-22-2010, 02:31 PM
By the way : his part of the draw. The winner gets a sport into the QFs.

[13]Youzhny (RUS, 14)
Sela (ISR, 65)

Gicquel (FRA, 128)
Mathieu (FRA, 66)

De Bakker (NED, 49)
Giraldo (COL, 54)

[Q]Mahut (FRA, 148)
[23] Isner (USA, 19)

[33]Petzschner (GER, 41)
Robert (FRA, 76)

Kavcic (SLO, 120)
Kubot (POL, 53)

Haase (NED, 151)
Blake (USA, 109)

Nishikori (JPN, 189)
[2] Nadal (ESP, 1)

ellen_
06-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Misha's match disappeared from the OOP? :unsure:

muniu
06-24-2010, 01:45 PM
yeah I noticed that too :scared:

tedlesurfeur
06-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Misha's match disappeared from the OOP? :unsure:

Well of course!!!

They're rescheduling the matches in Mahut-Isner's part, so that the winner can play the next day (because they were supposed to play today).

ellen_
06-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Well of course!!!

They're rescheduling the matches in Mahut-Isner's part, so that the winner can play the next day (because they were supposed to play today).

Oh sorry :p

But it doesn't seem that "of course" to me though. It's not Paulo or Misha's fault, and now they changed their planning too.

Anyway... 1st at noon on court 18 tomorrow.

NicolasKiefer44
06-26-2010, 03:54 AM
Happy Birthday Misha! From one Misha (me) to another, I wish you the best today!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/mikewayne4/happy-birthday.gif

tedlesurfeur
06-26-2010, 06:08 AM
Misha lost his second round match although he was leading 3-0 in the fifth set. Moreover, it was against Paul Hanri Mathieu, meaning that Misha choked even more than the Frenchman. I'm very disappointed, but I'm looking for an interview. This was a nice draw for him, he could have reached the fourth round and face Nadal, which I was looking forward to.
Anyway, go and rest Misha, and come back even stronger for the American hard court summer.

Gêmeos
06-26-2010, 06:21 AM
Happy birthday dear Misha:sad:

NicolasKiefer44
07-01-2010, 12:28 AM
One last grass court moment for us Misha fans from 2010.

I found a mention of Misha on Nicolas Kiefer's site. Nothing too much, just a mention of Kiwi's win over Misha at the Gerry Weber Open and how exciting the crowd was for the match. The funny stuff is how Google Translate displayed the page for me in English from German.

In German, Kiwi wrote --
Das geschieht vorrangig mit Wild Cards, wofür ich den Veranstaltern, wie aktuell Ralf Weber von den Gerry Weber Open, mehr als dankbar bin. Um so mehr freue ich mich natürlich, wenn ich dieses Vertrauen dann sportlich rechtfertigen kann, so wie heute durch meinen Sieg in einem 2-stündigen Krimi gegen Mikhail Youzhny. Das Spiel auf dem Center Court und die phantastische Unterstützung des Publikums waren für mich ein echtes Erlebnis.

Now, Google Translate always seems to have a hard time with Kiwi's page - at least Google USA does. Here is the translation to English for me -

This happens primarily with wild cards, for which I am the organizers as current Ralf Weber of the Gerry Weber Open, more than grateful. Moreso, I am pleased of course if I can justify this trust then sports like today by my victory in a two-hour crime against Mikhail rugby. The game on Center Court and the fantastic support of the audience were a real experience for me.

2 hilarious things -

1) Google thinks Misha's last name is "Rugby" :haha:

2) The Kiwi Misha showdown was a "two hour crime" :haha:

Does anyone have any pics, any links, any anything from this match? I wanted to see it so badly, even pics from it. Thanks in advance if anyone can find anything for me. Especially a pic of the two of them at the net after the match, shaking hands or walking off together.

Gêmeos
07-01-2010, 07:27 AM
One last grass court moment for us Misha fans from 2010.

I found a mention of Misha on Nicolas Kiefer's site. Nothing too much, just a mention of Kiwi's win over Misha at the Gerry Weber Open and how exciting the crowd was for the match. The funny stuff is how Google Translate displayed the page for me in English from German.

In German, Kiwi wrote --
Das geschieht vorrangig mit Wild Cards, wofür ich den Veranstaltern, wie aktuell Ralf Weber von den Gerry Weber Open, mehr als dankbar bin. Um so mehr freue ich mich natürlich, wenn ich dieses Vertrauen dann sportlich rechtfertigen kann, so wie heute durch meinen Sieg in einem 2-stündigen Krimi gegen Mikhail Youzhny. Das Spiel auf dem Center Court und die phantastische Unterstützung des Publikums waren für mich ein echtes Erlebnis.

Now, Google Translate always seems to have a hard time with Kiwi's page - at least Google USA does. Here is the translation to English for me -

This happens primarily with wild cards, for which I am the organizers as current Ralf Weber of the Gerry Weber Open, more than grateful. Moreso, I am pleased of course if I can justify this trust then sports like today by my victory in a two-hour crime against Mikhail rugby. The game on Center Court and the fantastic support of the audience were a real experience for me.

2 hilarious things -

1) Google thinks Misha's last name is "Rugby" :haha:

2) The Kiwi Misha showdown was a "two hour crime" :haha:

Does anyone have any pics, any links, any anything from this match? I wanted to see it so badly, even pics from it. Thanks in advance if anyone can find anything for me. Especially a pic of the two of them at the net after the match, shaking hands or walking off together.

I watched that match,Misha was disappointed for losing the match, they just shake hands and didn't talk .