Berdych def Youzhny 6-3 6-1 6-2

jaana
06-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Pathetic from Misha, never was in the game :sad:

Smoke944
06-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Wow The Colonel was bad :help:
Good result getting to the QF, though.
Congrats to Tomas, he's not gonna win the tournament but he's playing really well.

Certinfy
Tomas :rocker2: Didn't even do anything out there :haha:

TheBoiledEgg
Misha got flattened

c'mon Tomas, now flatten the Toad

scoobs
06-01-2010, 05:50 PM
That was such a disappointing performance from Misha.

Berdych was solid but it felt like he didn't have to do too much more than that, Youzhny never really got going or found ways to really trouble Berdych.

Geo
06-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Tomas :rocker2: :cool:

finally a GS SF :eek: :worship: it's about time he did it.

he's a better player than Youzhny so I'm thrilled he gave him a beatdown :drool:

oranges
06-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Tomas hasn't lost a set so far :worship: Semi-final baby, can't wait :bounce: :aparty: :banana:

Bilbo
06-01-2010, 05:54 PM
good win for the short teethed czech

Certinfy
06-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Berdych hasn't dropped a set yet :help:

ad-out
06-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Sad for Misha but YAY Tomas is in the semi! :inlove:

scarecrows
06-01-2010, 06:01 PM
good win for the short teethed czech

finally you see the light?

tennisfan856
06-01-2010, 06:03 PM
youzhny really dropped his play after the rain delay. He yelled so many times at himself to get pumped up but he never got it going. Tomas was very solid but he's going to need an extra gear for Robin.

philosophicalarf
06-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Berdy was fantastic.

Youzhny ..... I like him, but on clay he's pretty limited (aside from the pseudo-hard court in Munich). Never had much of a shot today in damp conditions, unless Berdbrain beat himself.

Davodus
06-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Tomas has been amazing this tournament. So aggressive but not over the top, no choking or dumb shots like in the past. Really didn't expect this kind of result at the French, this has easily been his worst slam performance wise, until now.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Tomas controlled the whole match.NLD.Next match against Robin should be interesting. :)

Sunset of Age
06-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Fantastic result for Tomas! :hatoff: :bounce:
Couldn't see the match as I am not all too good at following two at the same time, but so happy for him to finally reach a GS semifinal. He always had it in him talent-wise, but his o_O his head... looks like he's been making the same adjustments as Soderling the past couple of months.

The Sod-Bird semi will be a cracker. I'm looking forward to it.

Ashlar77
06-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Berdych is so talented, nice to see him putting it all together. Should be a slugfest of a semi between the two big hitting men.

Voo de Mar
06-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Berdych as MS champion and finalist, definitely deserved to play in Grand Slam semifinal.

zoparrat
06-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Too bad Berdych is on Soderling's side of the draw. Would have like to see Berdych - Nadal. The way Berdych has played this tournament, I think he could have pulled a win.

Merton
06-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Great for Tomas, solid, calm and collected the entire match. :yeah: Usually this is a very competitive matchup but here Youzhny was blown off the court.

BK123
06-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Great result. Rooting for him against Soderling.

Didn't have to overexert himself, but he saved all break points with ease and didn't lose concentration like before. Fantastic.

Also, didn't give up, Youzhny leading 40-0 and still lost his service. Go Berdych!

propi
06-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Misha, such a good oportunity wasted :bigcry:
Congrats Tomas, Robin will be a much harder test :o

Guille.
06-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Tomas:yeah:

ShotmaKer
06-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Tomas, good job reaching the SF !

Deivid23
06-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Bravo Tomas :yeah:

Ibracadabra
06-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Where does this leave misha in regards to his goal of top 10?

JanKowalski
06-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Where does this leave misha in regards to his goal of top 10?

He will stay at 14 after RG, but he will have big advantage over 15th Ljubicic.
Unless, of course, Almagro makes the final or Melzer wins RG :scared:

ossie
06-01-2010, 08:10 PM
saw this coming from miles away

Ibracadabra
06-01-2010, 08:12 PM
He will stay at 14 after RG, but he will have big advantage over 15th Ljubicic.
Unless, of course, Almagro makes the final or Melzer wins RG :scared:

Would be fantastic to see him in london, his style of tennis is rare these days. Very unique and stylish.

TMJordan
06-01-2010, 08:33 PM
He is the real deal.

Scotso
06-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Tomas :worship:

Everko
06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Pathetic from Youhzny

Sapeod
06-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Pathetic from Youhzny
No, Berdych was just too good. Very good actually, I can see him testing Soderling next round.

Guy Haines
06-01-2010, 10:27 PM
No, Berdych was just too good. Very good actually, I can see him testing Soderling next round.

Three measly pages for this thread? I know the sky fell on Roland Garros once again today, but methinks people might be ignoring another story to come.

Soderling is going to need his superior mental resolve and some tactical help from Norman to beat Berdych. Berdych is in form, his game is just as big, he beat Federer already this year, and you could argue he has more variety (or is at least more stylish) than Soderling.

You could hazard that Soderling peaked by beating Federer but that wasn't the case with his defeat of Nadal last year, it seemed to light a fire up until the final. His comment that he's not in the final yet is encouraging on that front.

But there's a difference about being stoked by conquering an enemy and being stoked by conquering a hero. For one thing, today Soderling didn't get the royal treatment that he got last year after the 4th round.

It would be funny and maybe revealing to create a looping GIF of Soderling's reaction to beating Nadal last year and his reaction to beating Federer this year. Or a GIF of his equal-but-different happy reactions to beating Nadal last year and losing to Federer last year.

This is Tomas' first time in a semi, unlike Soderling, and Berdych can be a nutter. So I'd think he's going in as the underdog. But to ignore him the way people seem to be ignoring him is foolish.

Scotso
06-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Has this match been uploaded anywhere? Stupid ESPN2 and the Tennis Channel are only showing the main court matches over and over. Not even a point of this.

straitup
06-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Eh I thought Youzhny would do a little better than this...but good run for him :worship: . After he struggled the last couple of years, I didn't expect him to rebound so well, so kudos to him.

Berdych will be riding on all kinds of confidence, but taking Soderling out at RG is going to prove to be tough no matter what his form is.

ShotmaKer
06-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Three measly pages for this thread? I know the sky fell on Roland Garros once again today, but methinks people might be ignoring another story to come.

Soderling is going to need his superior mental resolve and some tactical help from Norman to beat Berdych. Berdych is in form, his game is just as big, he beat Federer already this year, and you could argue he has more variety (or is at least more stylish) than Soderling.

You could hazard that Soderling peaked by beating Federer but that wasn't the case with his defeat of Nadal last year, it seemed to light a fire up until the final. His comment that he's not in the final yet is encouraging on that front.

But there's a difference about being stoked by conquering an enemy and being stoked by conquering a hero. For one thing, today Soderling didn't get the royal treatment that he got last year after the 4th round.

It would be funny and maybe revealing to create a looping GIF of Soderling's reaction to beating Nadal last year and his reaction to beating Federer this year. Or a GIF of his equal-but-different happy reactions to beating Nadal last year and losing to Federer last year.

This is Tomas' first time in a semi, unlike Soderling, and Berdych can be a nutter. So I'd think he's going in as the underdog. But to ignore him the way people seem to be ignoring him is foolish.

excellent stuff Haines.

out_here_grindin
06-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Has this match been uploaded anywhere? Stupid ESPN2 and the Tennis Channel are only showing the main court matches over and over. Not even a point of this.

I be NBC shows us 0% of Soderling/Berdych to give us Nadal's full match.

straitup
06-01-2010, 10:58 PM
I be NBC shows us 0% of Soderling/Berdych to give us Nadal's full match.

What did they do last year? I remember it was definitely tape delayed and I don't think they showed Fed-Delpo...I think they showed like the last 3 sets of Gonzo-Soderling? :confused: I can't wait for NBC to have coverage again :o

GasquetFan
06-02-2010, 12:24 AM
YAY Tomas :woohoo:

Keep it going...........

shotgun
06-02-2010, 12:47 AM
First semifinal at last. :yeah:

Guy Haines
06-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Still only three pages. :lol:

I realize the other top quarter was a piece of history, but Berdych is officially the Invisible Man of this tournament.

And he's a pretty tall big-hitting Invisible Man.