Grass Season 2010 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Grass Season 2010

soulage
05-31-2010, 05:55 PM
It starts tomorrow in Nottingham with a double with Manarinno and Wednesday Arno will play against the young Aussie Ebden. Ebden is a surely a tricky first round for Arno :devil: as he already played on grass this year and had correct results like his win over Melzer or a challenger final last month. Well it's a preparation for the Queen's :lol:

Via
06-01-2010, 08:56 AM
great first post - if we have to worry about a guy called ebden (who?) then this thread looks grim!

believe it or not - my calendar has just flipped over to june and arno is the featured player of the month :o

(no he's not the featured player every month in my calendar, although it would be a logical guess)

Kezzi
06-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Can't wait for Queens :bounce: Let's hope he prepares well against Ebden! ;)

Anyone know what he'll do after Queens?

soulage
06-01-2010, 09:20 PM
It was raining today so no play he will play tomorrow his single match against Ebden who will do everything to upset the french veteran :lol: and he surely can remember upset of Arno by Torebko or Bogomolov :lol: . After the Queen's no idea because he's quite far from the cut in both tournaments he could do the qualies if he lost first round in london :devil:

Kezzi
06-01-2010, 09:27 PM
He could also do qualies if he loses later on in London, cause as far as I know they still start on Saturday, in s'-Herto at least :shrug: That's why I was asking :p

soulage
06-02-2010, 06:04 PM
57/67(6) according this twitter http://twitter.com/NottsLiveScores

As we could expect it was tricky. The aussie with his big serve was surely not easy to break and as Arno is not very safe on serve and in his game lately it has been again a loss while he was at least 5-2 up in the second set :rolleyes: and as the tie-break are really a joke this year for him :help: It's his fourth losses in a row :devil: and even in Challenger his results are poor now. He needs to play really well and hope good draw because he must be like last year in a bad period with average level and low confidence.

He could also do qualies if he loses later on in London, cause as far as I know they still start on Saturday, in s'-Herto at least :shrug: That's why I was asking :p
Without winning points in challengers his ranking is falling. The Queen's entry list is good so maybe he will go to play the qualies ok Rosmalen as an early exit in london he's likely to happened with his level. We need a a win now :devil:

Marine
06-02-2010, 07:53 PM
L'année dernière il
nous a fait une très belle série de défaites avant que ça se décante ... ça sera pareil cette année, le truc c'est que ni lui ni nous ne savons quand l'embellie va arriver.
Soyons patient(e)s.
(J'en ai marre de l'accabler, Seb n'est plus la, je relativise. Je suis contente de pouvoir encore voir Arnaud joueur ! Même perdant.)

Sorry girls I'm too tired to express myself in english tonight. Not so interesting anyway.

Kezzi
06-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Google translate isn't really accurate, but I think I agree with you. :)

soulage
06-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Let's see what this Ebden will do in the tournament to see if it was a bad loss or not anyway it's not good for his ranking and for his confidence. I hope some wins soon :angel: You're going which days in London Kezzi ?

(J'en ai marre de l'accabler, Seb n'est plus la, je relativise. Je suis contente de pouvoir encore voir Arnaud joueur ! Même perdant.)

It's a period of retirement in french tennis with Seb, De Chaunac, Ascione, Camille and all the 79' girls last year. You feel that it's the end of a generation and you have some guys like Arno or Rainer Schuettler that you don't know when they will stop :lol: They must feel strange sometimes with that youngs guys around them :lol:

Kezzi
06-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Let's see what this Ebden will do in the tournament to see if it was a bad loss or not anyway it's not good for his ranking and for his confidence. I hope some wins soon :angel: You're going which days in London Kezzi ?

It's a period of retirement in french tennis with Seb, De Chaunac, Ascione, Camille and all the 79' girls last year. You feel that it's the end of a generation and you have some guys like Arno or Rainer Schuettler that you don't know when they will stop :lol: They must feel strange sometimes with that youngs guys around them :lol:
I'm going Monday - Wednesday. And Saturday & Sunday to Halle for qualifying. :lol: We'll probably just watch Arnaud, depends on when he's training and whos match is scheduled after his, cause we also want to see the city a bit. :)

Via
06-03-2010, 09:06 AM
thanks for all the news (especially from soulage :worship:)

at this rate i don't know where he's falling to... but he badly needs to lift up from this form. spending all that time watching others matches and attending social events don't seem to help in that regard :devil:

if he wants to keep playing and not retire, he needs to try harder. anyone has any ideas lol

soulage
06-03-2010, 11:26 AM
He needs many things actually like enjoying to be on court. From the challenger forum guys who were at the match and who saw Arno in his standards :lol:. Not happy with the calls and awful with the ballkids and quite passive. Bad mood arno was on the court yesterday :devil:

Clement: What an a*******. The guy was abusing the ball boys, moaning about everything and just didn't look like he wanted to be there. Was deservedly beaten by Ebden who was the better player on the day and a worthy winner. Clement was arguing the toss over line calls and gamesmanship came in to his game all too often for my liking. Dent and Tursunov, despite their greater standing in the game were perfect gentlemen, Clement the opposite.
Elsewhere Ebden deservably beat Clement, who seemed way to passive and as usual was shouting at anyone who dared flinch in the crowd.

Via
06-04-2010, 07:13 AM
He needs many things actually like enjoying to be on court. From the challenger forum guys who were at the match and who saw Arno in his standards :lol:. Not happy with the calls and awful with the ballkids and quite passive. Bad mood arno was on the court yesterday :devil:

well yes that's a constant problem which may be getting worse, since he's losing ridiculous matches these days.

(i've just looked up ebden's record on the atp website. this guy is ranked 193, has played a total of 3 matches on tour level and 34 matches on challenger level in his entire career)

it's also why i do not join the chorus of 'as long as he's still playing'... i'm sorry but i don't enjoy seeing him play this way :o

seb has retired a gentleman of the sport. it's better to leave with respect... my humble opinion.

... on a more cheerful note, it's funny to see pioline interviewing sam stosur in english. he's holding a piece of paper to read from, and called her sa-mon-TA :lol:

Marine
06-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Via...congrats !!! Australia in final of Roland garros...wow who was the last one ? (Laver ? lol)

it's also why i do not join the chorus of 'as long as he's still playing'... i'm sorry but i don't enjoy seeing him play this way :o

seb has retired a gentleman of the sport. it's better to leave with respect... my humble opinion.

I can understand your point of view.
Maybe I'm more tolerant because I've never seen Arnaud acting like that (not at tv, nor in real).
I don't excuse him at all. It's just that I like him dispite of this terrible default.
I'm curious to know why any journalist (tv/newspaper) never critized arnaud about his behaviour.
Everybody seems to love him (players, journalists), everybody says he's soooo nice !

... on a more cheerful note, it's funny to see pioline interviewing sam stosur in english. he's holding a piece of paper to read from, and called her sa-mon-TA :lol:

And ??? :rolleyes: It's not her name ??? lol
How do you prononce in the right way ?

ps: Pioline is just bad as interviewer: not natural, not funny. I hope he'll stop the next year.
It's interesting to see former players working at tv. Some are excellent: Forget, Boetsch and for the first year Mauresmo (it's like she always had been commentator, she's perfect), Golovin is not that bad even if she was better the last year, and Pioline is definitly not good for this job !

Marine
06-04-2010, 07:00 PM
thanks for all the news (especially from soulage :worship:)

at this rate i don't know where he's falling to... but he badly needs to lift up from this form. spending all that time watching others matches and attending social events don't seem to help in that regard :devil:

if he wants to keep playing and not retire, he needs to try harder. anyone has any ideas lol

I don't agree. It would be stupid not to spend good time at this stage of his career. If he doesn't play the day after, why not to relax at a concert ? He's not a machine like some players who're not able to enjoy the life. Anyway it woud not change his results.

Moreover Arnaud is not social events guy, it's one of the first times I see him at a charity event, and it was for Jo's association, that's normal. Tonight I know it's the gala of Seb's association in Paris and I guess lots of players will be there to support their friend.

As for trying harder... Nicolas Mahut was talking about his new training team (including Arnaud) and he said arnaud is an example for everybody, because his trainings are very intensive

"On est un groupe avec 4 joueurs, côtoyer Arnaud CLEMENT à l'entraînement, c'est hyper riche. Son intensité à l'entraînement est vraiment un exemple. A force de discuter avec lui, de le côtoyer à l'entraînement, je me suis remis dans cette spirale-là et je crois que tout cela réuni m'a montré que ma place était encore sur le circuit."

soulage
06-05-2010, 06:43 PM
He draws a seed and a french seed with Bennet in first round. He didn't take advantage of good draws lately so with the come back of more tough draws not sure he will be a gentleman in london :lol: and not sur he will stop his losing streak :sad: He also enter double draw with Nico and they play Feliciano Lopez/Granollers. He will be around #90 next week so not easy to enter directly ATP event now i'm wonderig if he will try the challenger this summer to change.

soulage
06-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Looks like it will be a short thread :devil:

26/46 and 5 losses in a row :rocker2: Follow only the beggining of first set on scoreboard and less than one hour later it was dissapeared from the board that i have to check in the finished matches :lol: Bennet' has really great serves stats today :eek: if I remember well he started by winning his two first services games by love with 5 aces and 100% of first serve :lol: and on grass it's often the key. Arno on the opposite has no aces which is not great on grass :o. No streaming so no idea how he played in the game but i assume some UE and some bad mood :shout:

Well he was not seeds here and had a almost tough round for his out of confidence game. They play doubles later against a tough team. Playing the qualies of Eastbourn or Rosmalen could be usefull if there are wins there of course :lol: otherwise a little break to work and evacuate frustration :angel: Tough to imagine where there were will be a little bit of good news here. A miracle every year is not possible :unsure: hope he will enjoy again on some matches soon.

Via
06-08-2010, 12:53 AM
thanks soulage!

so he plays doubles with bennet? well as partner maybe bennet had been charitable in singles, and not wiped him out entirely lol

soulage
06-08-2010, 09:05 AM
No he plays doubles with nico mahut they have been stopped by rain yesterday and rain should also be the star today.
Bennet said that he made a correct match but adds that Arno was en dedans which means Arno was not in the match actually like last week in nottingham where people found him already passive. Maybe a little burn out for Arno. After Wimbledon he didn't enter Newport and even if he should play bundesliga with Halle some holidays could be a solution.

Marine
06-08-2010, 08:51 PM
No comment.
Nothing to add.

soulage
06-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Funny to read the report of that loss :lol:

J Benny is through 6-2, 6-4 against pocket rocket Clement, who will surely be hanging up his racket soon

or

Under overcast London skies, ninth seed Julien Benneteau beat old campaigner and compatriot Arnaud Clement 6-2 6-4

I'm wondering if that double match will be ended one day. Due to rain delay a long match of Granollers and a not great OOP. They haven't play their doubles today and tomorrow still waiting some rain and Nico plays his single match as n4 on center court. So again a long day to wait.

soulage
06-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Today they managed to finish the match started monday :silly: and according the scorboard it was a long match with more than 71 hours :lol: Then they lost to the big Moodie/Norman. We can't say that they have great sucess together.

http://images1.hiboox.com/images/2310/170c56f75337f1d176930edb291a6610.jpg (http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/divers/longmatch,170c56f75337f1d176930edb291a6610.jpg.htm l)

Marine
06-10-2010, 08:12 PM
They WON then they LOST. They won one match.

Kezzi
06-10-2010, 09:00 PM
They WON then they LOST. They won one match.
I agree, I didn't really expect them to win after finishing this first match and then play the 2nd round right after. The oop in London just sucks! In fact, I dare to say the whole organization isn't great at all. :rolleyes:

But good thing is that Nico & Arnaud seem to have a lot of fun together on court and it was great to see them smiling a lot together. :D The coach was also very supportive during the few games we saw on Monday. He was standing right behind us (court 10 doesn't have stands, just 1 meter where people can stand watching in between courts) and he was cheering them on. Also saying things like "great serve", "nice return", etc.

soulage
06-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Welcome back Kezzi :)

We'll see their draw in Wimbledon but they won't be seeded and they can also have a tough draw. A good run would be nice because a win is not enough :devil:

Kezzi
06-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Unseeded players can be dangerous too. ;) I think they are quite a good team together from the few points I have seen in London. If the oop would've been normal, they would have had a shot to go further than second round imo.
I hope he'll play qualies in Rosmalen, but he didn't know what he would do the coming week. He said he would decide as soon as he was finished in doubles.

Marine
06-11-2010, 04:47 AM
You talked to him ?

soulage
06-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Arno won't play qualies as he has direct acceptance. He had direct entry in both tournaments but finally choose Rosmalen while the field is better there than in NL but he surely knows where are his supporters and his coach :lol:, flo is also in Rosmalen.

Kezzi
06-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Did so many people withdraw? :eek: I didn't see him in qualies draw and didn't expect him to be there. :lol:
Woohoo!! :bounce:

@Marine: Yes, I talked to him. We even had to ask him for info on Tuesday's oop as no one at the tourney had any info and we saw him at the cars. So he told us, he wasn't playing anymore that day.

soulage
06-13-2010, 05:54 PM
He draws Stadler who won two qualifying matches to reach the MD. Stadler beats Ebden in Nottingham just after Arno lost to him :devil: Stadler is what we can call a good draw but he knows that picking Arno is also a good draw :lol: It will be on center court at 11 am tomorrow. Good luck to him and we hope he will improve his level :angel:

Kezzi
06-13-2010, 09:19 PM
I was there today and I arranged the day off to go tomorrow. :p
Arnaud was happy to be there it seemed. He trained with Troicki in the morning, then they had to give up their court to others and joined Chardy and de Bakker on theirs. Didn't really hit a lot after their regular practice, just a few balls. Didn't see the Stadler match, but it was three sets. I saw the last 3 points, he really had to make an effort against Kindlmann. I think he's tired. :angel:

soulage
06-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Today it was an unhappy man on court :o I recorded what i missed and from what i watch he was really nervous as he said at the end in the post match interview. he wanted to win more than anything and it make him too nervous. He played an average first set against a poor Stadler then because of his poor level of play he began to be crazy and was angry about anything his shots the crowd and his behaviour was awful. I catch him saying j'en ai plein le cul de jouer comme ça :lol: Then don't know how he won this but Stadler is not a great player it was heplful. Next round he needs to keep his nerves it could help to play better :rolleyes:

Marine
06-14-2010, 05:06 PM
"....." la classe personnifiée ce arnaud, merci pour l'anecdote verbale. :lol:
Nous de même avec son jeu et son attitude... :rolleyes:

If only he could read us: "stop 1 or 2 months, and comme back as an happy man"

Kezzi
06-14-2010, 09:27 PM
I was there and maybe it's just me, but I didn't think he was that unhappy on court. I guess I'm used to him behaving even worse at this tournament, so today looked pretty normal to me. Stadler got a little better in the 2nd set and Arnaud more annoyed by the crowd. But I can imagine, yesterday the people in the sky boxes didn't seem to care there was a match going on either. Today the umpire also warned them quite a few times.
He did talk a lot with his coach and Serra when he was on their side of the court, but for the rest I think he behaved pretty well. :shrug: Few comments to the audience, few on the ballkids, but that was about it.
I was the most nervous in the first game of the third set, because I really expected him to lose the whole match if he lost that first game. Fortunately he didn't and he didn't give up when he lost the 2nd. Overall it was a regular match for me to watch with a few great shots, I don't really care, I'm just happy he won. :D

Oh, did they also show how he threw the balls in the crowd? He aimed one at me when he spotted me and I catched it. :lol: Just didn't win the trip to Wimbledon, cause I had to serve with that ball. I don't play tennis, so that was a problem. :rolls: But the ones who do play, also didn't get it yet. ;)

soulage
06-14-2010, 09:58 PM
He was unhappy with his game most of the match and his body language during second set was awful really nervous today. Yes we saw him throw the balls without rackets and far away :eek: Pity you failed for the wimbledon trip. Tomorrow he plays doubles with Chuidinelli and the second round will be wednesday.

Kezzi
06-14-2010, 10:21 PM
He was unhappy, but I meant to say I saw worse before, so to me it wasn't that bad. It would've been worse if he looked unhappy and already gave up, but he kept running. And with this crowd we have here at the center court, it surprised me how he behaved. I expected him to be :fiery: at them, but instead he complained to the coach more than taking it out on the ballkids instead. :)

He really did throw them far away, other players all got their rackets out. The third one, that was me. ;) He aimed it really well, just in between me and my sister, but I'm not that good at catching. :p Luckily the people around me noticed he aimed at us and didn't take it.

And I attached a picture of the match, rest will follow in the pics thread when I upload them on flickr. :)

Via
06-15-2010, 02:48 AM
where is this again? sorry i'm so lost, every year the tournaments change. or i'm forgetful lol

kezzi you're so good at finding excuses for arno, no wonder he loves you so :lol:

Kezzi
06-15-2010, 06:45 AM
It's Rosmalen. They changed sponsors so now it's Unicef Open instead of Ordina Open.

Maybe it's not that I try to find excuses, but more that I already expected him to behave worse. If you expect the worst, it doesn't take a lot to say "that wasn't so bad" afterwards. ;) I have to admit I was a very unfair supporter this time, cause I just wanted Arnaud to win. I didn't care how many faults there were, as long as the point ended up with arnaud. :o Of course a better match is more enjoyable to watch, but just a win was what Arnaud needed. I think the first game of the third set was one of the most nerve wracking I ever saw irl. :unsure: I did have a different point of view this time, usually we sit on the side, but now I sat right on the opposite side of Arnaud directly in the middle like on tv.

Soulage, is it possible you could send me the video of where he throws the balls and the interview? My sister tried recording it with her camera, but it's really bad quality. Would be cool to have that. :)

soulage
06-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Unfortunatly at the end of the match they come back to a fix videostreaming at the top of the stadium so we understand what's happened but we don't see people just forms and we barely heard the interview as it's not for the streaming but only for the stadium but if you level up the sound it can work. I didn't watch until when goes the match posted on Unicef tv but it's the same streaming in better quality. If you want i can upload the end if the one on Unicef tv doesn't help you.

Kezzi
06-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks! I was on my phone this afternoon, so I'll first watch the video on the website. :)

soulage
06-16-2010, 04:04 PM
A match he could have win in two sets that he lost in three :timebomb:. Quite a strange match honestly I didn't see a lot of winners except the serves his serve was quite good but left him in the big moments. He looked like a out of confidence guy :sad: cos he was not so far away in the two first set but seems always near of falling. He needs wins that's evident to make him more quiet and feeling more safe :angel:. Pity because there was something in that tournament with all the best players out. For wimbledon it will be a tough task let's see who he will draw already :)

Marine
06-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Weird match it seems.
Yes he needs some wins to find again confidence. If only Wimbledon ...
we never know, in 2008 he surprised everybody, himself at first ! lol
You see, I'm positive, it's not normal :lol:

Sinon, soulage, what's his programm after Wimbledon ?

soulage
06-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Yes weird you should know that Arno hits 4 aces in a row three to finish a game and one to start another :eek: Well, Tipsarevic was a bit lazy which helped Arno to hit this 10 aces. Arno is quite anxious on court for the moment he would need a winnable first round in Wimbledon and surely a little help from his opponent then maybe he could feel better.
After Wimbledon he supposed to play team matches for Halle but i don't which ties how many and where :lol: Then he's in none entry list maybe Los Angeles who is not out yet we have to wait to see what he will do this summer.

Kezzi
06-17-2010, 06:07 PM
http://www.unicefopen.nl/images/stories/dagjournaals/woensdag16juni.pdf
Arnaud is featured in the daily journal of Wednesday. Last page on the right side always has little player profiles.
It's nothing new, just info translated from his atp profile.
The translator just made one HUGE (!!) mistake. :eek: :eek: :eek: The last line says that Seb is godfather to Arnaud's son Tom. :tape: :o :smash: :lol:

soulage
06-18-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm listening Wimbledon radio and it looks like he draws Tipsarevic :lol: Wait the confirmation

Marine
06-18-2010, 05:44 PM
It's confirmed.

1/ Tipsarevic
2/ Tobredo / Luczak
3/ Federer
... ugh, no I didn't watch farer...

It's just awful. Poor Arnaud.

Kezzi
06-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Tipsarevic might be tired from playing the final in Rosmalen. :angel:
I hope Sergiy will make him run forever! (That's my new fave btw, guy my age in case Arnaud quits. ;) If Stakhovsky is at the age to retire, I'm at the age to retire stalking players as well :lol: )

soulage
06-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Stakhovsky has a nice game to watch I hope he will win tomorrow as I always disliked Janko :devil:

Tipsarevic will also be more confident than wednesday after that good week. Their first round will be on monday as they are in Fed part so maybe it can help Arno but i'm not sure. Arno has already to show more motivation than this week where he was nervous.

With Nico they draw Fleming/Skupski and could meet the Bryans second round.

Kezzi
06-18-2010, 06:30 PM
But maybe after Wednesday Arnaud analyzed a bit and found things he could do differently. :)

Michael.
06-19-2010, 01:30 AM
Good luck Arnaud. :D

soulage
06-20-2010, 04:12 PM
They are the last match on court 16 tomorrow not before 6.00 pm i think and surely no streaming. Hope he will be happy to be on court and takes some pleasure even if it's not easy for the moment :)

Marine
06-20-2010, 06:49 PM
And I guess (I hope so! bad weather in paris, so bad weather in london ! lol) it will rain at least one time in the day...;) so not sure to play tomorrow.

[One thing is sure: it's good to talk about tennis, even arnaud is "a enfant de coeur" compare to the bigggg c........ of south africa. I hope at least one "blue" will make something good at this tournament, just to forget a bit how ashamed we are these last past days... hein soulage ?!]

soulage
06-20-2010, 07:36 PM
The weather in London will be quite sunny or a bit cloudy with under 20 % of rain[ maybe a bit cold but they should at least start the match. Wimbledon is on Canal Plus Sport and sport + this year not on Canal plus because of this World Cup. It's a pity since it was free from 6 pm and we was able to see some of their report. I think that Arno in bad mood and swearing on court is more funny than our football team :lol:

Marine
06-20-2010, 08:23 PM
He's funnier, nicer and most respectuous (yes!), even in bad mood than any riberyanelkahenryevraetautresc... . C'est pour dire ! :lol:
At least arnaud plays for himself, when he's angry and stupid, that's just a pity for him, when he plays for his team, weirdly, he's getting another man, the perfect teammate.

ohhh....it makes me think (à l'instant), I've just found a future job for him: transmetteur d'esprit d'équipe et d'amour du maillot dans le staff de Laurent Blanc :p:p:p (not yet, of course !) :rolleyes:

well.... sorry for this parenthese, I want to wish good luck to arnaud for tomorrow. I hope he'll be in good mood and will play correctly, and will finish the match by being satisfied about his game, not disguted as these last past months. That's the most important and it's not too utopist (no ?)

Kezzi
06-20-2010, 08:53 PM
I hope Arnaud watched Stako on how to beat Tipsarevic. :) And remembers what he did in the first set last week to win.
Anyway, Allez Arnaud! :bounce:

Via
06-21-2010, 02:42 AM
we can hope that janko is lacking in fitness and while 'old bones' arno is raring to go, to even out their score :) maybe arno can even win in 5 sets :tape:

ahhh i'm watching the world cup too. nothing much to rejoice over there for us. it's more likely that arno beats janko, than the aus team going through the group :rolleyes:

ps. sorry french football fans! your team's news has made our papers headlines... and i only just read it

Marine
06-21-2010, 07:19 PM
maybe arno can even win in 5 sets :tape:

No, in 4 sets !!!!!!! :bounce::clap2::worship:

6/3 3/6 6/4 7/5 ! Wowwwww I can't believe it !!!!!!!!! I'm happy

Marine
06-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Which makes me think it's never good to win (or reach the final) the days before a gd slam (gasquet winning in Nice before losing in 5 sets at first round in RG this year, what a waste, he was playing so well !)

Kezzi
06-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Just watched the last part of the match after I came home from Pilates.
Arnaud played some great points those last games. Won his games pretty easily and made Tipsy work for it.
Tipsy made some errors and that's where Arnaud took advantage of him. He was very happy to win, right before the second mp he encouraged himself with "Allez Allez!" and there was also quite some support for him in the crowd. I heard "Allez Arnaud" a few times. They didn't show Arnaud's team, but I did spot Tsonga's coach somewhere I think. :scratch:
After he won, he yelled and he was very happy to win. :D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

soulage
06-21-2010, 07:24 PM
I didn't find a stream so i was following the scoreborard during all the end of that fourth set since 1-1 all actually and he was ultra dominant but not able to break so i was a bit :mad: but finally he closed this :angel: On ewin in GS it was long :angel:

soulage
06-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Arnaud played some great points those last games. Won his games pretty easily and made Tipsy work for it.
Tipsy made some errors and that's where Arnaud took advantage of him. He was very happy to win, right before the second mp he encouraged himself with "Allez Allez!" and there was also quite some support for him in the crowd. I heard "Allez Arnaud" a few times. They didn't show Arnaud's team, but I did spot Tsonga's coach somewhere I think. :scratch:
Good to know he's happy on court :lol I believe that was important to win a GS match for him. Imagine since RG last it didn't happened.

Apparently he yelled loudly as we can read this on FFT
21h15 : Clément est toujours là !
Un cri de rage déchire l'atmosphère feutrée du court n°16. Après 2h44 de jeu, Arnaud Clément célèbre rageusement sa victoire 6/3, 3/6, 6/4, 7/5 contre Janko Tipsarevic. "La Clé" n'avait encore jamais battu le Serbe, 45e mondial, lors de leurs deux affrontements précédents. Et le 86e mondial n'avait plus gagné de match en Grand Chelem depuis Roland-Garros 2009 et un succès contre Dmitry Tursunov. Solide, appliqué et offensif, l'Aixois a su inverser la tendance. Place à un duel face à l'Australien Peter Luczak, 83e mondial et tombeur de Tommy Robredo. Clément mène 3-0 dans leur tête-à-tête.

Marine
06-21-2010, 07:31 PM

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ohh soo good, I would have liked to see his HAPPY FACE (don't remember how it is )

Kezzi
06-21-2010, 07:35 PM
I think the stream is only available for NL viewers. But you can try, it's somewhere at www.net5.nl :)

And I already saw a happy face at the end of his first round in Rosmalen and in training, so that was great. I hope to see many more the coming weeks! :D

Marine
06-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Apparently he yelled loudly as we can read this on FFT

Un cri de rage déchire l'atmosphère feutrée du court n°16.

:lol:
So good to hear
Yes it means how much he needed this win !

ps: c'est quand même mieux qu'une rage du style "j'en ai plein le ......" lol

Via
06-22-2010, 01:14 AM
amazing, he saved his best for wimbledon :worship:

so no shaky serves here, i suppose? oh thank you janko.

next up is luczak, i may even get a glimpse of the match on normal tv :D

soulage
06-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Audio is available on FFT site http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon/2010/?id=6220 He explains that last two weeks he lost the desire to play really we didn't see ? :lol: but when he arrives here everything changed it was sunny it's a grand slam and after Wimbledon he's on holidays :lol: Apparently it was a quite good match by Arno. So he's happy to beat a guy who has beat him last week and he's happy because he could play Fedrerer and because it's soon the holidays :lol: In lequipe he sounds very hedonist and we learn that in the draw he's the player who the most here at wimbledon 14 times.

CLÉMENT RESPIRE. – Pour sa quatorzième participation au tournoi (record des joueurs du tableau), Arnaud Clément (87e) a mis l’art et la manière pour vaincre le Serbe Janko Tipsarevic (51e), qui l’avait battu la semaine dernière. Le cadre y était pour beaucoup. « Ces derniers temps, j’avais du mal à retrouver l’envie parce que j’ai enchaîné pas mal de premiers tours. Mais en arrivant ici, malgré un gros déficit de confiance, j’ai eu un tout autre état d’esprit. C’est mon dernier tournoi avant des vacances, il faisait beau, j’étais bien. Je me suis fait plaisir... »

soulage
06-22-2010, 06:39 PM
He plays third on court 5. It looks winnable on paper but Luczak have good results lately and in grass evrything goes so fast it will depend of the level of each player and surely the quality of serving of Arno. At least he won one match here :angel:

Via
06-23-2010, 01:21 AM
james blake whom i saw soundly beat arno in melbourne this year, said it's embarrassing for him to lose a poor first round match just now.

fortunately for us, arno seems to be above embarrassment in losing match after match :o

and yeah he's managed one win here! :lol:

soulage
06-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Arno won in four 67(4)/63/63/64 the streaming i found was so bad that i stop so no idea of his level. He plays Federer.

Of course he lost his record of longest match of era today with that insane match between Nico and Isner.

Marine
06-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Bravo arnaud !

J'en peux plus de ce match de dinguessssss arghhh.... NICOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

Kezzi
06-23-2010, 07:56 PM
I didn't watch Arnaud at all. :o Nico needed the support more. :worship:
ALLEZ NICO! :bounce:

Marine
06-23-2010, 09:10 PM
I can't believe the score... I watched the last set (:lol: :lol:) on sport+, but not the entire set (:lol:), juste from 45/45...

Sorry Arnaud, good match but I didn't follow that much, I was focused on this crazy match, oh yes allezzzz nico allez nico allezzzzz nicoooooooo !!!

What a crazy / historic week for french sport anyway :devil::silly::angel:

Imagine if arnaud............. :haha:

Kezzi
06-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Well, if Arnaud beats Fed, the French have a new team to look up to, since they play doubles together. :lol: Poor Nico will die just thinking about that I guess. :awww:

Via
06-24-2010, 12:33 AM
arnaud won a 2nd round match, and no one is interested?? :lol:

i caught the last few games of the first set on tv no less... at that stage arno didn't look so good, and again luczak looked more powerful and faster than him. then the broadcast switched back to federer and i went to sleep....

whichever way, fed must be thinking his draw is getting better every day :devil:

as for the nico/isner match... well that's the dreaded scenario where two men could serve but not return, theoretically it would go on forever. this match proves the theory is right :scared:

soulage
06-24-2010, 08:54 AM
the match is available on t3nnis for people who wants to see but he said he didn't play very well especially in the two first sets surely because he put pressure on himself as he knows he can beat Luczak and it was a GS second round. He will try his best against Federer he hopes he will have a chance. Otherwise he's quite happy to lost his record of longest match as it's a bad memory and he hopes nobody will talk to him anymore about this match in RG. An audio on fft site is available and lequipe from today

http://images4.hiboox.com/images/2510/9ee582600e99bd3a4375a6d09e3f5ff0.bmp (http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/sport/240610,9ee582600e99bd3a4375a6d09e3f5ff0.bmp.html)

Marine
06-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Fed; "J'le connais bien. Comme il est petit, il est véloce..." :lol:

Véloce but not that young...

soulage
06-24-2010, 08:21 PM
He's third on center court tomorrow. It should start late afternoon.

They didn't pull out from doubles and have been put on court 18 at 7.45 pm today :rolleyes: There were a streaming during the warm-up and the first game. It was strange Nico seems to feel pain in his abdos and was of course tired taken pills or something else. Arno was also strange i think he asked until when they had to play during the toss and he had many discussion with the umpire about the fact he had to go somewhere many times but he didn't know how many time i believe it was to the bathroom but for what ? He talks to the british about this i think and indeed a long break happened at 1-0 and 5-4 :confused: They lost the tie-break as everyone know that arno can't win a tie-break and he lost two service points during that tie-break.
Well it was strange, strange to at least not cancelled the match for tonight, strange behaviour by arno and surely tough for Nico to be back on court 18.

Marine
06-24-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't understand what you mean.. ? Arnaud had to go somewhere ??? lol dinner / concert ? lol

Kezzi
06-24-2010, 08:57 PM
I also don't understand :shrug:

soulage
06-24-2010, 09:04 PM
me too i didn't understand :lol: but i heard Arno saying to the umpire "i don't know how many times i had to go", just before the match start and Nico said him at the end of first game you want your break :confused:
Anyway it was strange to see Nico again on court after that match and after he feel faint in locker room . i just heard the last 2 minutes of nico conference and he asked as a favour to arno to go on court but Arno was thinking it was surely risky maybe that's why he takes breaks :confused: No idea :confused: Maybe he wanted to gain time.

Kezzi
06-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Or maybe he ate something wrong during the day. :p

Marine
06-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Yes, british food :lol:

Via
06-25-2010, 12:35 AM
well it's hard to imagine him asking for toilet breaks before the match even began :tape:

but i guess if nico mahut was stepping on court in his painful condition, arno had to go with him even if his tummy is churning :tape:

the opponents should be shaking in fear, have to play a team of two players who hold the no.1 and no.2 longest singles match records (too bad also on the losing side) they will play on even if they have to bring a potty to court :tape: :tape: lol

GrosjeanFan1994
06-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Haha oh dear poor Arno xD
I met him yesterday as he was practicing, such a nice guy. (Plus so much hotter in real life!!)
Will add photos to that thread shortly? :)
Good luck against Roger :/ :hug:

Baghdatis#1
06-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Allez Arnaud! :bounce:

soulage
06-25-2010, 04:48 PM
It could be a very very fast match as Arno has no first serve today no forehand and looks very tensed. Fed serves well and for him it looks more like a training session for the moment. Arno has some good shots but not enough compares to his tons of errors. 2-6/02 in 40 minutes

I hope it will not turned into a nightmare.

soulage
06-25-2010, 05:54 PM
it was fast :lol: I saw the first set and the last 3 points of the match. Well, he must not be happy of his level of play today he was not able to let the ball in the court with his forehand and to put pressure on Roger. I looked at the stats and he won 34% behind his second serve. That was a good pratice session for Roger and not sure Arno takes pleasure on the center court today. I don't know if they will play doubles now :confused:

Just see that the double has been canceled maybe they have withdraw ?

soulage
06-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Some explainations about the stange behaviour on court yesterday in doubles. So the organizers said to nico who was not good in locker room you have 30 minutes to go on court or you're eliminated. Arno didn't want to go but they go because Nico wanted. Arno is very angry, he said to the organizers that instead of the post match ceremony they should have offer him the report of the doubles. And the more funny is that teh match was reported today :rolleyes: Stupid decision by the organizers and Arno who :shout:
Arnaud Clément a le sens de l'amitié et de la justice et il a poussé un gros coup de gueule contre les organisateurs qualifiés de «débiles» pour avoir envoyé jeudi soir son double avec Nicolas Mahut, trois heures après le match de 11h05' contre John Isner. «C'est une honte absolue ce qu'ils ont fait. L'envoyer sur le court alors que "Nico" était très très mal, qu'il tenait à peine debout, ça m'a choqué et ça a choqué tous ceux qui étaient dans le vestiaire. Je ne sais pas si j'ai déjà vu un truc aussi honteux sur le circuit et ça fait pourtant un moment que j'y suis. J'ose espérer que ce n'est pas parce que c'était un double britannique mais je ne suis pas sûr», ne décolère pas l'Aixois, partenaire de double de l'Angevin.

Les deux hommes sont entrés sur le court après 20 heures pour disputer leur double contre les Britanniques Colin Flemming et Kenneth Skupski et le match a été interrompu après le premier set perdu 7-6 par les Bleus. «Quand j'ai vu "Nico", complètement crevé, je lui ai dit: on n'y va pas, c'est dangereux pour sa santé. Il avait du mal à bouger. Mais eux (les organisateurs) ont dit : pas de problème, Nico tu vas jouer, on y va, relate Arnaud Clément. Je ne comprends pas qu'ils aient maintenu ce match alors qu'il y avait un danger pour sa santé. C'est hallucinant, je suis toujours très en colère. J'ai dit aux organisateurs qu'au lieu de faire leur petite cérémonie sur le court, ils aurait dû faire à "Nico" le cadeau de reporter son double.» Ce vendredi, le double a été reporté en raison de l'horaire tardif... (Avec AFP)

For his match vs Federer there is an audio on FFT website. So he was excited to play Federer now he's frustrated because for him there was nothing good he even feels ashamed to have think before the match that he could have his chance because today his level was so poor. He didn't think it could happened after that two wins. He was not able to correct his errors and took no pleasure. Arno in self-flagellation mode :lol:

There is also the audio about the decision for the doubles yesterday and he sound not happy but calm. So they return on court tomorrow but with a set down.

Marine
06-25-2010, 08:42 PM
"nul"..."rien, le néant" :lol:
Where's the whip ??? LOL

I repeat myself, but I still love his itws. I've never seen another players to be as critic about himself as arnaud. And it's so true. I agree with each prononced word. Just a pity you can't understand girls cos even summaries don't translate well arnaud's way of speaking.
Not useful to be mean with him after that, he's the best in this category. lol

Concerning double match, he added at the end he didn't understand the organisators...but " we play a british pair, well..." Maybe...
I dislike this tournament and his stupid traditions and his stupid unfair decisions (the seedings for ex)

Via
06-26-2010, 12:37 AM
so then the organisers are really hypocrites. they milk the longest match for self promotion, (it's headlines around the world) but show no true compassion towards the players involved. did isner play his doubles match?

ahh arno v fed. i saw a bit of the first set... he played better than i expected actually :lol:

Marine
06-26-2010, 09:57 AM
L'Equipe

D'autant que Nicolas Mahut n'en avait pas fini avec la bravoure, quand à 19h30 il sortit enfin du vestiaire...en direction du court 18 !
Clément: "On a demandé à la direction du tournoi de reporter notre match au lendemain, ça nous a été refusé. Ils ont beau jeu de lui faire une cérémonie sur le court...quand je pense qu'on dit que c'est le plus beau tournoi du monde :rolleyes:"
I agree :worship:

....Clément, qui, fou de rage, fit tout pour faire jouer la montre, misant sur une interruption par la nuit, qui intervint après la fin du 1er set. Mais son interminable pause toilettes dès après le premier jeu avait replongé son partenaire dans ses touments.

We have the answer to our questions...LOL
Nice attention Arnaud :yeah: He wasn't sick, but as L'equipe explains, he was so furious that he tried everything to lose time, in the order to stop because of the night, and start again the day after. So his very long break at toilets. Just a tactic. LOL

soulage
06-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Yes i heard well about the fact he wanted many toilet breaks :lol: et tu as vu son expression une match de merde de a à z avec une parenthèse entre le o et le q :lol:

There is also some things about their group at FFT, Flo spoke about in the FFT audio the other day and again in the paper this morning. It seems that there is a good emulation between them in that group

They lost in fourth today so holidays for Arno :umbrella: he shoulb be back at the end of july. He's alt in LA and Washington.

Marine
06-26-2010, 03:39 PM
et tu as vu son expression une match de merde de a à z avec une parenthèse entre le o et le q :lol:

J'la connaissais pas celle-là...:lol: quelle imagination, et surtout...quel sens inné de la métaphore ! J'adore

There is also some things about their group at FFT, Flo spoke about in the FFT audio the other day and again in the paper this morning. It seems that there is a good emulation between them in that group

They lost in fourth today so holidays for Arno :umbrella: he shoulb be back at the end of july. He's alt in LA and Washington.[/QUOTE]

I know he was happy to be on holiday after wimby, so I know this break will be good.
Anyway he reached 3rd roud in gd slam, that's pretty good. :D

Kezzi
06-30-2010, 06:27 PM
I was looking at my photos from Queens and I completely forgot to mention here that I saw Remi Barbarin (and Mauresmo) at Llodra's match. Did anyone know he was training Llodra? Could that also be a reason for the problem between Arnaud and him? I don't know why Arnaud separated from his coach back then... I only remember that Bruno suddenly was there and I was happy about that. :p

Will upload the photos when I find time this week. There's not much anyway, cause we didn't see a whole match. :lol: