Almagro d Verdasco 6-1 4-6 6-1 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Almagro d Verdasco 6-1 4-6 6-1 6-4

Fed=ATPTourkilla
05-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Earns the right to play his hero in the next round.

federernadalfan
05-31-2010, 04:41 PM
god i hate almugro
wish rafa would pulverize this dude

tennisfan856
05-31-2010, 04:42 PM
love that confidence on match point to shake nando's hand before the spot was checked.

ShotmaKer
and fully ready to bend over.

LocoPorElTenis
Great decision to play Nice and not tank, Dasco.

Pirata.
Hope that appearance fee for Nice was worth it, Fernando :mad:

Grats to Mugro, hope he can put up a fight against Rafa, but he will probably assume the position like usual.

problematique
05-31-2010, 04:43 PM
God this match was bad.
And not even bad in a 'haha this is atrocious' way. Just bad.

Billups85
05-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Nando :hug:

henke007
05-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Tennis won today and Almugro has a more descent chance to give Rafa a small test then this clown mugdasco who bends over for his Idol!!

ReturnWinner
05-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Chica Nando served at 163 kph as average lol, Almugro will do well against Nadull ,likely the first set and the start/middle of the second and then will collapse.

delpiero7
Tennis won today and Almugro has a more descent chance to give Rafa a small test then this clown mugdasco who bends over for his Idol!!

Yep, Almagro blows match points, whereas Nando only has the nerve to take Nadal to 5 sets in a GS semifinal and no more.

adingh
Verdi had no faith in himself, probably because of his tiredness :) Good to see Almagro in his second QF at Roland Garros :)

Acer
05-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Excellent result, trash taken out.

gulzhan
05-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Great decision to play Nice and not tank, Dasco.

+1

Almagro is on fire, so this result was expected.

Pirata.

:haha:

Noleta
and fully ready to bend over.

:lol:

philosophicalarf
Verdasco was never really there today - physically obviously he was limited, as the serve speed numbers showed, playing with injections in the toe were never going to help. The attitude seemed pretty resigned to losing from early on though.

alter ego
Always great for tennis when Fiasco loses. Too bad it was Almugro who did it. But will take it.

Guga_fan
05-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Yep, Almagro blows match points, whereas Nando only has the nerve to take Nadal to 5 sets in a GS semifinal and no more.
Almagro is better on clay than Verdasco and can give Nadal more trouble, posting the way you did is the same as posting that Almagro can take Nadal to the final set of a match on clay while Verdasco loses to him 6-0 6-1 on the surface.

malisha
05-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Excellent result, trash taken out.

yeah:yeah:

rubbERR
05-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Verdasco was never really there today - physically obviously he was limited, as the serve speed numbers showed, playing with injections in the toe were never going to help. The attitude seemed pretty resigned to losing from early on though.
uhmm...most of the time he is serving like that, this match was no exception :lol:

Action Jackson
05-31-2010, 04:53 PM
No lube needed here.

Ales_Alessandra
05-31-2010, 04:53 PM
Fer!! :hug:
Done with the Clay! Hope he gets all the treatments he needs to be fit for grass and hard. Heads up for next, never looking back!! Congrats to Almagro, playing on his best tennis lately and if Rafa doesn't bring his top game, Almagro can give him a hard time again, just like in Madrid! But still, VAMOS RAFA!!! :D

gillian
05-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Did Verdasco just get tired @ the end? I couldn't see the end of the match, because the tools @ ESPN2 are showing the Djokovic/Ginepri match:mad:

shadows
05-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Super result.

Almagro was on fire in the first, then a bit sluggish in the second, played some good stuff in the third and Verdasco capitulated halfway through that set.

JediFed
05-31-2010, 05:03 PM
He'll have to lube for Nadal.

Tennis-Engineer
05-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Nico played great today.Hope he can keep this form against Rafa.

philosophicalarf
05-31-2010, 05:08 PM
uhmm...most of the time he is serving like that, this match was no exception :lol:

Average 100mph first serve today. That's not normal - even when deliberately just rolling it in against a weak opponent he's higher than that.

selyoink
05-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Hard to believe Mugdasco is in the top 10 with such a shitty game. He only has one shot and even it isn't that great a shot.

Iván
05-31-2010, 05:16 PM
verdasco was dead on his feet, looked shattered throughout the match.

Sapeod
05-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Go home Verdasco, terrible out there. How you get breadsticked twice by Almagro is beyond me.

Nadal has a bye to the semis now.

JMG
05-31-2010, 05:22 PM
ExcaliburII called this one!

Commander Data
05-31-2010, 05:24 PM
Deserved for Nando who overplayed before RG.

Arkulari
05-31-2010, 05:24 PM
there you go Nando, Barcelona and Nice did this one :o

doublebackhand
05-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Verdasco is in the top 10 only becoz of his hectic clay schedule and now has to pay his price.
Nico now try take a set off Rafa and make the scoreline decent!

Beat
05-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Earns the right to play his hero in the next round.

:spit:

Mateya
05-31-2010, 06:33 PM
What a mental loser this Nando is sometimes. I wonder why he has so many fans...well, there are a lot of horny fangirls out there.
He starts looking for excuses, ballbashing, getting warning and almost quitting when things go against him.
If he was so tired...well, then don't play Nice final two days before RG :retard:

VAMOS Mugro - the best spanish server, I just love how simple and effortless he makes it look! :worship: Great power, accuracy and also a huge kick second serve.
(I'm imitating it for a couple of months now and have served some 170km/h aces already. :cool:)

Good luck against your beloved Rafzilla and win more than 5 games, please.

Everko
05-31-2010, 06:37 PM
I like these type of matchups on clay. Two good clay courters showing how to play on the dirt. Much better viewing than watching somg American clown get whacked by Djokovic, or a swisstard laying down for Federer.

But Verdasco didn;t play as well as he could have. Almagro is playing good but he cannot win a set vs clay warrior.

Lalalovesong
05-31-2010, 06:53 PM
Wow, this was quite a shock for me. I mean Almagro simple outplayed Nando if you look at the scoreline.

Go Almagro, but I'm dissapointed that he has to play Nadal next.

selyoink
05-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Nadal has a bye to the semis now.

He already did. Mugdasco would've won less than 10 games against Nadull.

Lalalovesong
05-31-2010, 07:03 PM
What a mental loser this Nando is sometimes. I wonder why he has so many fans...well, there are a lot of horny fangirls out there.
He starts looking for excuses, ballbashing, getting warning and almost quitting when things go against him.
If he was so tired...well, then don't play Nice final two days before RG :retard:

VAMOS Mugro - the best spanish server, I just love how simple and effortless he makes it look! :worship: Great power, accuracy and also a huge kick second serve.
(I'm imitating it for a couple of months now and have served some 170km/h aces already. :cool:)

Well you can't judge somebody simply because he's a fan of someone.
I'm not a big fan of him, but this says much more about yourself than about the 'horny' girls. Yes he doesn't like it when things are not going his way, he's a champion and wants to win(anything wrong with that?) You know what, I like nando just because he's a mental loser. I love to watch him, he's a fascinating charismatic player, not because he's hot. WHICH HE ISN'T (i've seen hotter men), he's more cute imo.

Almagro (not mugro, that's murray style) did a great job. :worship:

Pirata.
05-31-2010, 07:08 PM
Verdasco is in the top 10 only becoz of his hectic clay schedule and now has to pay his price.

What in the hell are you talking about? Other than Nice, he has played the exact same amount of events as he did last year this clay season and none of his points from Nice count. He is in the top 10 because he has consistently good enough results to make it far into draws. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that. It has nothing to do with hectic clay schedule, he played the same amount of required events as the other players, the only extra points he earned were from Barcelona.

Mateya
05-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Well you can't judge somebody simply because he's a fan of someone.
I'm not a big fan of him, but this says much more about yourself than about the 'horny' girls. Yes he doesn't like it when things are not going his way, he's a champion and wants to win (anything wrong with that?) You know what, I like nando just because he's a mental loser. I love to watch him, he's a fascinating charismatic player, not because he's hot.

Hmmm, sometimes it doesn't look that way. He doesn't have the best champion mindset and it costs him a lot of matches.

And I'm not judging anyone, take it easy. :)
However, I know Nando has many fangirls and who can blame them, he looks quite good and his tennis is incredible when in form.

Talking about "headcases", there are some people in my signature who are mentaly very fragile as well, but what can we do. :lol:

TMJordan
05-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks for laying the garbage by the curb, Mugro.

ChinoRios4Ever
05-31-2010, 09:08 PM
NIFD Cabezón :yeah:

Forehander
05-31-2010, 09:09 PM
I like these type of matchups on clay. Two good clay courters showing how to play on the dirt. Much better viewing than watching somg American clown get whacked by Djokovic, or a swisstard laying down for Federer.

But Verdasco didn;t play as well as he could have. Almagro is playing good but he cannot win a set vs clay warrior.

Hey I thought you weren't suppose to post here on this forum anymore after the Soderling thing? Can't keep your promise?

Orka_n
05-31-2010, 09:12 PM
Tennis won today and Almugro has a more descent chance to give Rafa a small test then this clown mugdasco who bends over for his Idol!!Unfortunately, Almugro worships Nadal just as much as Verdasco. Nadull was always gonna have a bye in his quarter, his draw is a joke.

Regarding this match, I never cared about the outcome. Tennis was always gonna lose here.

Forehander
05-31-2010, 09:15 PM
Out goes the turtle runner with nothing but a forehand :lol: Easily expected result, won 30 bucks from this match.

Corey Feldman
05-31-2010, 09:53 PM
NID Nando, final and semis everywhere in the MM events and nothing to shout here :cool:

Wilander ripped him in commentary box "mentally weak, will never be a champion" :rolls:

FlameOn
05-31-2010, 10:00 PM

You mentioned that Nando's tennis is great when it's on in your next post, so you pretty much answered your own question there.

Anyway apart from that, he works extremely hard, judging by his physical conditioning. And whenever he loses, he picks himself up and continues for the next match and doesn't let it get him down.

Hard to believe Mugdasco is in the top 10 with such a shitty game. He only has one shot and even it isn't that great a shot.

http://www.youtubedrama.com/wp-content/woo_custom/3-bitch-please-even-a-7-year-old-can-see-youre-full-of-shit-demotivational-poster.jpg

He's in the top 10 because he's got the results to be there. You can't say his road has been easy either. He's faced Top 10 players 7 times this year, and has won 5 of those meetings.

Chris Waddle
05-31-2010, 10:46 PM

I don't like Verdasco either, but do you seriously mean that his forehand is not great...:rolleyes:

I_Dasco
06-01-2010, 03:51 AM
Nando atleast have early rest... and prepare for grass season .. even if he win Almagro welll he will just lose again 11th times... So.. Vamos Nando!

gorgo1986
06-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Very embarrasing display by one of my favorite players. Worst match of the season for him. To say he played like utter crap would be an understatement. I had the displeasure of being at this match and it was embarrassing. Verdasco was dead tired, his foot was completely wrapped up full of blisters and bruises. He was really pissed of yet again, fighting with everything including some mutant bird in the air that nearly snatched up a ball. He could not even toss the ball, he was exhausted. It was an embarrasement. David Ferrer and Fernando Verdasco both overplayed. They peaked way too soon. Playing Nice was suicide. Hopefully he did not damage himself for the rest of the season, I hope he learned his lesson and learns to skip the mickey mouse events.

foul_dwimmerlaik
06-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Almagro's probably one of top 10 ballstrikers in the modern game, and always a pleasure to see that human caricature Verdasco taken out, so well done. Neither of them was going to pose any problems for Nadal, that point is moot, but it's great to see Nico getting some consistency. His serve is a beauty on clay.

tennishero
06-01-2010, 10:47 AM
glad arrogant nando is out.. shame they both couldnt lose though.

FormerRafaFan
06-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Verdasco was just too tired and exhausted. He would have won if he wasn't an idiot and overplayed in the clay season. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

FlameOn
06-01-2010, 11:25 AM
I love it how Nico's one of the most hated players on the forum until he beats Verdasco. MTF. :spit:

Certinfy
06-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Nando :hug:

Pirata.
06-01-2010, 08:22 PM
I love it how Nico's one of the most hated players on the forum until he beats Verdasco. MTF. :spit:

MTF :haha:

Scotso
06-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Blah, he played too much.