FO Rd 4: Nadal sends off Bellucci 6-2, 7-5, 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

FO Rd 4: Nadal sends off Bellucci 6-2, 7-5, 6-4

Start da Game
05-31-2010, 04:55 PM
great show.......

Surcouf
05-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Just average play from Nadal. Why can't he just put an impressive performance like in MC?

azinna
05-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Solid. At times scratchy from Rafa. Though it's rarely effortless with him at RG; I suppose you could say it's his way of making things even more effortful for his opponent.

madmax
05-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Bellucci belongs to WTA tour with that serve - should have been leading 2 sets to 1 by now

straitup
05-31-2010, 04:57 PM
The second longest match so far of the men's 4th round :lol: :eek: Bellucci put in quite an effort, but just a slight sense of inevitability after Nadal won the second set

Fed=ATPTourkilla
05-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Bellucci had some good game but Nadal was far too solid. Bellucci was coming under huge pressure in every single service game and the result was never in doubt.

ShotmaKer
05-31-2010, 04:58 PM
props to Bellucci for the fight but the outcome was nid. hope he can confirm this impression in the future though. 200th win for Rafa on clay by the way. i think his W/L career record on clay is 200/16 now. anybody confirm this ?

rafa_maniac
05-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Things getting a bit tougher each match for Rafa, but he raises his level just a bit each time aswell. Perfectly acceptable performance today, and good fight from Belluci.

Johnny Groove
05-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Nadal is getting better with each match he plays.

Just average play from Nadal. Why can't he just put an impressive performance like in MC?

Because he doesn't need to.

ApproachShot
05-31-2010, 05:01 PM
Nadal wouldn't have liked losing serve 4 times. But as others have said, it's a solid performance and still looks on course to go all the way.

Deivid23
05-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Horrible match from both players imo

Commander Data
05-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Some crazy D by Rafa. His movement seems back to old heights.

Commander Data
05-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Horrible match from both players imo

seriously? spoiled? I thought it had some impressive plays in there :shrug:

Tutu
05-31-2010, 05:05 PM
I liked that match.

Both players are such great returners and for the most part they were having to pick up their second shot after their serve off their laces so it is no wonder that there were so many breaks. Thomaz played well in parts but bad shot selection let him down and a lot of it had to do with inexperience. One of the biggest letdowns for him was his lack of faith in his backhand - he kept on running round it and leaving the court open for Rafael to hit into. It's frustrating because his backhand, particularly down the line, is a very good shot. A good showing for him though, career best slam result and he gave Nadal some problems. Still love watching him play.

As for Rafa he was much more aggressive than usual and although there were a lot of errors and loose points i'm happy that he's upping it. Hopefully the more he plays aggressive, the more comfortable and confident he will become at it again because if he wants to be successful on other surfaces again then he has to. Keep on moving! :rocker2:

Deivid23
05-31-2010, 05:09 PM
seriously? spoiled? I thought it had some impressive plays in there :shrug:

Rafa was absolute crap and Bellucci as well to me but what do I know

Haelfix
05-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Bellucci had to play like he was on a hardcourt today, and redlined his game just a little too much.

He doesn't have a great serve, and his net game and dropshots were horrible. If he improved in those areas, then we would have had a competitive match that could have gone 5.

ossie
05-31-2010, 05:11 PM
props to belluci for taking 11 games from the king, not sure any1 is going to top that in the semis and final

Commander Data
05-31-2010, 05:11 PM

ok. For me it seemed that Rafa played better then in the rounds before.

DwyaneWade
05-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Nadal, like Federer, looks unhappy with the conditions.

andy neyer
05-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Expected stuff: both the win and also the Rafatards bitching about a new random thing.

FedFan
05-31-2010, 05:22 PM
Bad unforced errors/winners ratio from both players.

Not a great match imo.

peribsen
05-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Am a bit worried about Rafa, his game isnīt where it should be by now. He beats his opponents sure enough, he is too superior to most of them. But what will happen when he plays Djokovic (if Djoko is on, that is) or Soderling, or even if Almagro (seems like it will be him) plays a good match? Rafa will probably win any of those matches, heīll probably raise his game, but... the more I see him play the more doubts I have whether this year he is going to pull it off.

Now the bright side: this year his health is good, so even if he falls here his chances for the rest of the season will be untouched. And he's already in the QF, meaning he has avoided disaster (some people think players like Rafa or Fed fail if they donīt win every single time, I think that's rubbish, nobody wins always and Rafa has just won 19matches on a row; for me a QF in RG is like a C 'pass' for Rafa, a SF would be a B 'good', a final an A 'very good', and a win an A+ 'excellent'), and is already hoarding points over Fed, no matter what the Swiss champ does.

Just have to wait and see, I guess!

andy neyer
05-31-2010, 05:33 PM
Am a bit worried about Rafa, his game isnīt where it should be by now. He beats his opponents sure enough, he is too superior to most of them. But what will happen when he plays Djokovic (if Djoko is on, that is) or Soderling, or even if Almagro (seems like it will be him) plays a good match? Rafa will probably win any of those matches, heīll probably raise his game, but... the more I see him play the more doubts I have whether this year he is going to pull it off.

Now the bright side: this year his health is good, so even if he falls here his chances for the rest of the season will be untouched. And he's already in the QF, meaning he has avoided disaster (some people think players like Rafa or Fed fail if they donīt win every single time, I think that's rubbish, nobody wins always and Rafa has just won 19matches on a row; for me a QF in RG is like a C 'pass' for Rafa, a SF would be a B 'good', a final an A 'very good', and a win an A+ 'excellent'), and is already hoarding points over Fed, no matter what the Swiss champ does.

Just have to wait and see, I guess!

Nadull is safe. Listen to me here: This is the picture that follows:

Almagro = spanish bitch for Nadull + mental clown (he might even clown out his match against tabasco right now :lol:)

Djokovic = can't barely breath properly after two rallies. He's made QF with a relatively easy draw.

Federer = the clown can't handle Nadull's topspin + Nadal knows how to exploit his backhand + he has a tendency to choke against him.

SODERKING = he's the only hope for tennis fans. He's the only remaining bastion of tennis able to save RG from yet another moonballing show. However, he'd need to beat Federer first and that's a bit complicated. I have faith in him, though.

tyruk14
05-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Nadal looked a little more aggressive today. Solid enough performance, but I stand by what I've said before, which I won't bother rambling on about.

delpiero7
05-31-2010, 05:37 PM

A bit harsh to say Rafa was crap. I didn't see the first set, but watching from 2-2 in the 2nd set, Bellucci seemed more comfortable once he went a break behind everytime, and started to redline more than when the set was going with serve.

There were a few bad UEs from Rafa and he won't be happy that he got broken as many times as he did. But I don't think there is too much to worry about. He should raise his game if and where he needs to. No need to bust a gut trying to beat Bellucci if it means you have nothing left in the tank for the following rounds.

gulzhan
05-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Not easy by Nadal, and the next match is going to be even more difficult.

DrJules
05-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Nadull is safe. Listen to me here: This is the picture that follows:

Almagro = spanish bitch for Nadull + mental clown (he might even clown out his match against tabasco right now :lol:)

Djokovic = can't barely breath properly after two rallies. He's made QF with a relatively easy draw.

Federer = the clown can't handle Nadull's topspin + Nadal knows how to exploit his backhand + he has a tendency to choke against him.

SODERKING = he's the only hope for tennis fans. He's the only remaining bastion of tennis able to save RG from yet another moonballing show. However, he'd need to beat Federer first and that's a bit complicated. I have faith in him, though.

Berdych could pose a threat to Nadal if he reached the final. It would be a very outside chance.

delpiero7
05-31-2010, 05:42 PM

Gotta love the optimism of Nadal haters. Reminds me of when they would wet themselves with anticipation for a rematch of Nadal-Tsonga following that infamous AO beatdown.

peribsen
05-31-2010, 05:49 PM
To Andy Neyer:

Well, hope you are right, but...
- Donīt overdo it with the Spanish bitches, remember Rome 2008 and Aussie 09 + Almagro is hungry and might see a chance, you never quite know with him, he is capable of delivering crap or gold.
- Sorry to hear Djoko is really that bad, I always had hopes he pulled one over Rafa on clay (this is between you and me, mind you, I'll always deny I ever said or even thought such a treacherous thing, of course)
- Federer: I have too much respect for him to ever count him out, even on clay.
- Soderling: yes he is good, but I really think he still needs to prove himself on clay, don't you? I mean last year he got a big win no doubt, but 1 win doesnīt a master make and besides, I don't want to harp on the old boring theme, but Rafa possibly wasn't exactly at his best, was he? Still, Soderling may well have the game to do it again, it would be interesting to find out, trouble is Fed will probably close the door on him.

And as for moonballing... do you really expect me to believe you think Rafa is only a lucky moonballer? Come on, you of all people should be above that.

malisha
05-31-2010, 05:56 PM
good that i skipped this one

judging from the posts in this thread(serious posters) it was a good decision to skip it

malisha
05-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Both players are such great returners

are you sure mate

Bellucci great returner?

Tutu
05-31-2010, 06:08 PM
are you sure mate

Bellucci great returner?
He has always been a good returner (he has to be with that serve :lol:) and he returned very well today. I don't mean in the sense that he can get a load of returns back, but most of them were onto the laces of Nadal and he was able to attack from there.

@Sweet Cleopatra
05-31-2010, 06:10 PM
Vamos Rafa.

Sapeod
05-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Good try Bellucci. Another easy win for Nadull, unfortunately.

Arkulari
05-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Rafa's BH side is producing tons of UEs, but apart from that he played well enough to win, Bellucci could do so much more if he only improved his serve :o

Guga_fan
05-31-2010, 06:30 PM
He has always been a good returner (he has to be with that serve :lol:) and he returned very well today. I don't mean in the sense that he can get a load of returns back, but most of them were onto the laces of Nadal and he was able to attack from there.
Bellucci serves much better than he showed today and returns a lot worse.

sheva07
05-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Entertaining second set. Wel done by Thomaz.

Nidhogg
05-31-2010, 08:09 PM
Nadal is past his absolute peak, but this is plenty good enough to win the tournament without too much trouble.

Sapeod
05-31-2010, 08:13 PM
Can't wait for grass, then hard where Nadal will be losing left and right again, as he should be.

Everko
05-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Can't wait for grass, then hard where Nadal will be losing left and right again, as he should be.

close your eyes and wish it away. Then open them to see Nadal win wimbledon like in 2008

Sapeod
05-31-2010, 08:18 PM
close your eyes and wish it away. Then open them to see Nadal win wimbledon like in 2008
:haha:

Keep believing that, Nadal won't win it :)

samanosuke
05-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Nadal is past his absolute peak, but this is plenty good enough to win the tournament without too much trouble.

Agree with you . Easy draw saved him . In earlier rounds against big hitters like Soderling or Berdych he would be vulnerable , in final I really doubt . If Roger reaches the final he would beat him as usual . The only thing that could take the title from him was a match against Berdych in 4th round or against Soderling in 1/4

Everko
05-31-2010, 08:20 PM

Your post made it sound like Nadal was some clown on grass. He won in 2008.

To bad murray can't dominate grass like Nadal dominates clay.

Sapeod
05-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Your post made it sound like Nadal was some clown on grass. He won in 2008.

To bad murray can't dominate grass like Nadal dominates clay.
Murray can play great on grass. But he isn't the topic at hand, Nadal is. And he won't win this year, you'll see. Federer will once again win, as he's the best on grass. Nadal hasn't played once on grass since 2008, you think he has a chance. Seriously?

mseles1
05-31-2010, 08:39 PM
Another easy win for Nadull, unfortunately.

Nadull, coming from a Murray fan. You're funnier than Frankie Boyle.

Why can't he just put an impressive performance like in MC?

Maybe Nadal's devastating form in Monte Carlo was due in part to Djokovic's comments relating to Rafa no longer being a cut above. Out to make a point and spectacularly did so. Also 'back on clay' effect, DC'09.

Singularity
05-31-2010, 09:26 PM
I notice you've removed one of the predictions from your signature ;).

tyruk14
05-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Murray can play great on grass. But he isn't the topic at hand, Nadal is. And he won't win this year, you'll see. Federer will once again win, as he's the best on grass. Nadal hasn't played once on grass since 2008, you think he has a chance. Seriously?

What happened to Murray the last time he and Nadal played on grass? Sure, Andy was a different player compared to now and the five-setter against Gasquet didn't exactly leave him fresh for a match with the fittest player on tour (at the time), but he was completely outclassed.

Chris Waddle
06-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Some people complain about Belluccis serve. I've seen him serve really well a few matches, he definitely doesn't have a bad serve, but the percentage might go up and down... For me, Bellucci should be a solid top 20-player since he can play well on many surfaces.

DuMa
06-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Belluci was hanging in tough on those long rallies in the 2nd set. had Nadal visibly upset at himself at one point. He is certainly a big hitter but needs to work on that serve.

RafaTheBest
06-01-2010, 12:26 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are such an unbelievable moron. Have you watched a second of Nadal in this tournament? My guess would be no. He is hitting the ball flatter than he ever has at RG. It's so funny how all of Rafa's haters have jumped on this myth that he is a "moonballer" and that they have deluded themselves into actually believing this is fact.

paseo
06-01-2010, 01:59 AM
This Bellucci can only hit hard groundstrokes apparently. His dropshot & volley are terrible, and he couldn't hold serve to save his live. I must say I stand corrected, there is (or was) a ballbasher in Nadal's draw. But nonetheless, I was right, Bellucci can't do jack sh*t against Nadal. Next!!

n8
06-01-2010, 02:13 AM
In each round, Tomic loses one more game in his worst set (2 vs. Mina, 3 vs. Zeballos, 4 vs. Hewitt, 5 vs. Bellucci).

andylovesaustin
06-01-2010, 02:21 AM
Djokovic = can't barely breath properly after two rallies. He's made QF with a relatively easy draw

What is up with Nole?

Poor guy... I don't know what he is gonna do regarding his health issues.

As far as Rafa, he looked pretty satisfied at the end there. I'm still not convinced he's playing at 100%.

Bellucci played... ok. I really liked him

Congrats to both players.

I can't wait for Roger v Soda tomorrow! Woo hooo!!!

straitup
06-01-2010, 02:32 AM
In each round, Tomic loses one more game in his worst set (2 vs. Mina, 3 vs. Zeballos, 4 vs. Hewitt, 5 vs. Bellucci).

I didn't realize Tomic was in the QF of Roland Garros :lol:

Mimi
06-01-2010, 02:36 AM
rafa was not playing great:rolleyes:

paseo
06-01-2010, 03:03 AM
I didn't realize Tomic was in the QF of Roland Garros :lol:

Don't you know? Tomic = Nadal. Therefore, Tomic = ClayGOAT.

andy neyer
06-01-2010, 03:17 AM
To Andy Neyer:

Well, hope you are right, but...
- Donīt overdo it with the Spanish bitches, remember Rome 2008 and Aussie 09 + Almagro is hungry and might see a chance, you never quite know with him, he is capable of delivering crap or gold.
- Sorry to hear Djoko is really that bad, I always had hopes he pulled one over Rafa on clay (this is between you and me, mind you, I'll always deny I ever said or even thought such a treacherous thing, of course)
- Federer: I have too much respect for him to ever count him out, even on clay.
- Soderling: yes he is good, but I really think he still needs to prove himself on clay, don't you? I mean last year he got a big win no doubt, but 1 win doesnīt a master make and besides, I don't want to harp on the old boring theme, but Rafa possibly wasn't exactly at his best, was he? Still, Soderling may well have the game to do it again, it would be interesting to find out, trouble is Fed will probably close the door on him.

And as for moonballing... do you really expect me to believe you think Rafa is only a lucky moonballer? Come on, you of all people should be above that.

Okay, seriously now.

I don't think Spanish players deliberately try to lose agaisnt Rafa but some of them (Verdasco and Almagro especially) seem to have so much admiration for Rafa that it would be extremely difficult for them to beat him.
I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Rafa will beat Almagro, even if Nadal plays his crappiest match ever seen on clay. Why? Not because Almagro is a bad player (I actually like his game quite a bit) but because I know he won't be able to handle the pressure of beating his hero even if he gets a real chance to do it.

As for Soderling, I think he's a good claycourter. He wouldn't be the favourite against Nadal but I think he's the one with the biggest chance of those that remain in the draw.

Mimi
06-01-2010, 03:22 AM

:worship::worship:

Mimi
06-01-2010, 03:23 AM

:haha: it doesn't matter, my dear friend, at least Rafa has won wimby once while Murray has yet to win .....