RG R4 Djokovic def. Ginepri 6-4 2-6 6-1 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RG R4 Djokovic def. Ginepri 6-4 2-6 6-1 6-2

ShotmaKer
05-31-2010, 11:28 AM
still not quite very convincing from the Djoker imo. serve is still off, he'll need to improve that shot a lot for his next match. still, he made it to the second week, i'm looking forward to his next match.

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-31-2010, 11:29 AM
average...

Orka_n
05-31-2010, 11:30 AM
I expected Nole to lose after that lame second set, but then he raised his game and Ginepri started to produce UEs. Easy for the Serbian in the end.

ImmzB
05-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Ermmm...he got through it at the end and he's in the QF

batavlada
05-31-2010, 11:31 AM
still not quite convincing from the Djoker imo.

It was Ginepri, not Federer. There was not needed dosage of adrenalin and focus.

btw, serve for match-point was art.

FlameOn
05-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Well done Nole. I'll just ignore set #2. :lol:

samanosuke
05-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Djokovic will die on the court against Rafa in semis

problematique
05-31-2010, 11:33 AM
Nole was having issues breathing again. Dropping a set was expected.

Noleta
05-31-2010, 11:33 AM
Good solid match Nole,served well actually,only 2 df,was very good at the net too:yeah:

Ginepri:yeah:

ShotmaKer
05-31-2010, 11:34 AM
It was Ginepri, not Federer. There was not needed dosage of adrenalin and focus.

so he played very well then ? last time i checked, "there was not needed dosage of adrenalin and focus" against Kolhsreiber last year as well.

Noleta
05-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Nole was having issues breathing again. Dropping a set was expected.

Unfortunately,that will alway be the case.:sad:

Jimnik
05-31-2010, 11:35 AM
I guess Ginepri will go back to being a useless mug the rest of the year.

Sophocles
05-31-2010, 11:35 AM
I actually don't think Djokovic is that far away from his best tennis. If he could serve harder, cut out the lapses, & stop fluffing easy volleys, he'd be a menace. As it is, Nadal will slaughter him.

Helevorn
05-31-2010, 11:36 AM
Djokovic will die on the court against Rafa in semis

indeed. admitted that he'll go past melzer, he's gonna lose in straight with nadal

Commander Data
:yeah:

Hopefully Nole can make a good match vs Rafa.

Fedicilous
Poor performance from Djoković. In this circumstances I can't count on him in semis, he will be smashed by Rafa.

Jimnik
Djokovic will be back to his best in the semis when there's no pressure on him.

Audacity
05-31-2010, 11:37 AM
Djokovic has been far from convincing so far, and he has Gabashvili/Melzer next. Really lucky guy.

shadows
05-31-2010, 11:37 AM
It's hilarious that Djokovic can be so disappointing for a year but get good enough draws at GS's that he can preserve his ranking inside the top 4.

Good run for Ginepri, but expected result.

Not sure I'd pencil Joker in for the semis just yet

batavlada
05-31-2010, 11:39 AM
so he played very well then ? last time i checked, there was not needed dosage of adrenalin and focus too against Kolhsreiber last year too.

man, look at the score and if you watched match at all, recall how djokovic raised level of his game in 3rd. he played far away from perfect (which he is not doing for a longer time), but he played enough to go to qf.

you are talking about match one year ago. also kohl played very well at rg last year.

Vida
05-31-2010, 11:41 AM
nole monster :yeah:

zcess81
05-31-2010, 11:42 AM
It's hilarious that Djokovic can be so disappointing for a year but get good enough draws at GS's that he can preserve his ranking inside the top 4.

Good run for Ginepri, but expected result.

Not sure I'd pencil Joker in for the semis just yet

He's preserved his ranking inside top 4 not because of grand slams, where his performance has been disappointing for a while now, but because of his good solid performances in masters/500 events. There is a lot of tennis/ranking points outside of grand slams, you know?

ShotmaKer
05-31-2010, 11:45 AM
man, look at the score and if you watched match at all, recall how djokovic raised level of his game in 3rd. he played far away from perfect (which he is not doing for a longer time), but he played enough to go to qf.

you are talking about match one year ago. also kohl played very well at rg last year.

i agree. but as i said, i'm happy he made it to the 2nd week this time around. all i'm saying is Melzer and Gabashvili are playing real good as we speak and the way i see it, the Nowak i saw today will struggle a lot more against either of these guys.

Priam
05-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Good win for him. First 2 sets were pretty average for the djoker. Does he have a lower back thing now? He grabbed it several times.

batavlada
05-31-2010, 11:58 AM
i agree. but as i said, i'm happy he made it to the 2nd week this time around. all i'm saying is Melzer and Gabashvili are playing real good as we speak and the way i see it, the Nowak i saw today will struggle a lot more against either of these guys.

He will for sure. They have nothing to loose. They will die for every point. SF is a stake. That is what Ginepri tried, he got chance in 2nd set, getting high expectations for 3rd and that's the point I am talking about: Djokovic raised his game just like that, just enough to not get sweat much and just enough to destroy dream of opponent. Simply I liked it, after a long time how he managed to control match even he is far away from perfect game (for which he need solid opponent, and I doubt that's gonna happen this season).

cheers

coonster14
05-31-2010, 11:58 AM
glad that nole has made it to the QF, but he really is not playing that well.

if he makes it to the SF against rafa, nole is going to get slaughtered, but then again, nole usually produces some of his best tennis against rafa on clay even though he loses, hoping that SF goes ahead.

well, nole has gained points from last year, so yay!!! :yeah:

maxxo
05-31-2010, 12:07 PM
end of the road for nole vs melzer

NikolaBGD
05-31-2010, 12:09 PM
glad that nole has made it to the QF, but he really is not playing that well.

if he makes it to the SF against rafa, nole is going to get slaughtered, but then again, nole usually produces some of his best tennis against rafa on clay even though he loses, hoping that SF goes ahead.

well, nole has gained points from last year, so yay!!! :yeah:

I am think that you are a little bit afraid for your Rafaboy, last 3 times he lost to Djokovic, it was hardcourt, but Nole can't lose anything in that match.

05-31-2010, 12:37 PM
What is wrong with Djokovic? He looks in awesome physical shape, no bodyfat and in the prime years of his life, and he has the cardiac capacity of a 73 yearold female asthma patient.

Even Tommy Haas at 31/32 would be fitter at times. Is it a medical condition?

ShotmaKer
05-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Is it a medical condition?

allergies.

coonster14
05-31-2010, 12:40 PM
I am think that you are a little bit afraid for your Rafaboy, last 3 times he lost to Djokovic, it was hardcourt, but Nole can't lose anything in that match.

no kidding, of course nole has nothing to lose in that potential SF match against rafa, he is not expected to win, all i am saying is i hope nole can raise his level and both rafa and nole play a great match IF WE GET THAT FAR!

in case u can not read my sig properly, u will notice nole is my 2nd favourite player after rafa, so if he beats rafa (i think highly unlikely), then im happy for nole.

funny how u completely misinterpret what i am saying :rolleyes:

Matt01
05-31-2010, 12:56 PM
:clap2:

WD, Djoker. Now good luck against Melzer.
And thank god for that errr nice draw :lol:

Selby
05-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Djokovic always tanks sets nowadays, so no surprise here...

andylovesaustin
05-31-2010, 01:04 PM
I guess Ginepri will go back to being a useless mug the rest of the year.

:lol:

Well, at least he got further than all the other American mugs--on clay at least.

Congrats to Robby for hanging in there.

And Congrats to Nole.

Deivid23
05-31-2010, 01:11 PM
ffs, where´s your freaking serve, Nole?

Merton
05-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Imagine that Djokovic absolutely obliterated Ginepri here as an 18-year old kid back in 2005.

arm
05-31-2010, 01:40 PM

:rolls: At least he can say he is leading something. :o

Actually thought he played quite well :yeah:

n8
05-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Great tournament Ginepri, you did better than any other United States male at his event.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
05-31-2010, 02:19 PM
Really the only thing wrong with Nole's game is his second serve. He has lost control of it. He has clearly made a practical decision to take some pace off his first serve (served at about 70% today) to take the pressure off his second delivery.

Apart from his second serve, the rest of his game is fine.

*Jean*
05-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Robby :hug:

Deivid23
05-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Imagine that Djokovic absolutely obliterated Ginepri here as an 18-year old kid back in 2005.

And he played better than today, typical nowadays most players go backwards with their games at such an early age it´s comical:o

Nole fan
05-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Nole is improving and playing better all the time, getting near his level (at least in the third and fourth set today it looked like he was there). He only needs to concentrate on salvaging his serve and everything will be ok. I'm praying for a Nole-Rafa semi, I'm confident only then he will raise his level and be the champion that we know he is. Rafa is not on top form yet, so the possibility of an upset is there. :yeah:

NYCtennisfan
05-31-2010, 04:37 PM
And he played better than today, typical nowadays most players go backwards with their games at such an early age it´s comical:o

His serve and FH have gone backwards since 2007 and his aggression since he was a kid (although that's to be expected from most players). I remember seeing him as a 18-19 year old kid and he would kill the FH and his serve would be difficult to break. I very surprised at where his game is at right now although I thought he served with more pace today than he has in earlier rounds where his serve was WTAesque pace wise.

Bagelicious
05-31-2010, 05:30 PM

:rolls: At least he can say he is leading something. :o

Actually thought he played quite well :yeah:

:lol: Did you see the guy at the bottom #19 M. Yani with 10 dfs in ONE match?!

Nice work from Ginepri in getting this far, but Nole looks very lackluster out there.

Deivid23
05-31-2010, 05:52 PM
His serve and FH have gone backwards since 2007 and his aggression since he was a kid (although that's to be expected from most players). I remember seeing him as a 18-19 year old kid and he would kill the FH and his serve would be difficult to break. I very surprised at where his game is at right now although I thought he served with more pace today than he has in earlier rounds where his serve was WTAesque pace wise.

I was on court at that match against Ginepri in 2005 and I´m not kidding, he played unbelievable as Ginepri wasn´t that poor, he returned aggressively all the time, moved Ginepri around better than today and punished every short ball he had off both wings. He didn´t serve very well though as he improved that shot later in his development, but sadly, right now, I´m starting to think he´s already peaked

Sapeod
05-31-2010, 05:57 PM
Good try Ginepri, got a set. Hope Melzer straight sets that joke in the QFs.

Smoke944
05-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Yeah, Novak is definitely far from what he was a couple years ago. That's why I honestly felt Robby could have won this match. Unfortunately he didn't play well enough, maybe it had a lot to do with fatigue near the end of the match.
Great run though Robby :yeah:

Everko
05-31-2010, 06:33 PM
Ginepri never had a shot. Novak galaxy blasted away those last 2 sets.

He will destroy Melzer. Then have a good fight with Nadal

idolwatcher1
05-31-2010, 06:50 PM
Great run for Robby. He was playing rather well until he fell down early in the third set...

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4320/gindjo1.jpg

He lost his focus after that, and Djokovic took advantage. I'm confused why some of Nole's fans are beating him up on his serve when he served better in this match than he has all tournament...

vs. Ginepri - 70% 1st Serve % - 2 double faults
vs. Hanescu - 67% 1st Serve % - 8 double faults
vs. Nishikori - 63% 1st Serve % - 9 double faults
vs. Korolev - 63% 1st Serve % - 4 double faults

mcnasty
05-31-2010, 06:50 PM
this match made very clear the gulf between the top players and the average mediocre ones. ginepri didn't have a chance.

scoobs
05-31-2010, 06:51 PM
Let this be a lesson to you - when you fall on clay, don't do press-ups afterward - you'll struggle to win games for the rest of the contest.

Nole fan
05-31-2010, 07:10 PM

So if we believe what you say to be true and he's now nº 3 and only some points behind nº 2, does that imply that if he had his 2007 game he would be the indisputable nº1 now? That's the logic of it. Which means that he's not playing that different today, otherwise he'd be out of the top 10. :shrug:

ChinoRios4Ever
05-31-2010, 09:14 PM
Good run Robby, now keep this form and try not to return to mug mode again :rolls:

Mr. Oracle
05-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Supposed to be hot for the semis. Add to that an opponent like Nadal and Nole's cardiovascular system will need the defibrillator. Too bad that no matter how hard he trains, his main weakness will be his breathing, such is life and nothing you can do about it.

DuMa
05-31-2010, 11:15 PM
i dont really believe Nole has any breathing problems or any ailments whatsoever. he has a reputation for faking these in the past. there were some times where i saw him breathing hard and holding his back and knee only to play the next rally in great shape and form.

Mr. Oracle
05-31-2010, 11:40 PM
i dont really believe Nole has any breathing problems or any ailments whatsoever. he has a reputation for faking these in the past. there were some times where i saw him breathing hard and holding his back and knee only to play the next rally in great shape and form.

Right, he wanted to fake it so well that he had surgery for his breathing problems. What a faker!

Nole fan
06-01-2010, 12:30 AM

I've never read a stupidest comment. :rolleyes:

Amber Spyglass
06-01-2010, 01:51 AM

That's called giving it your all to win a point,even though you might be in pain or out of breath or whatever and then laboring a bit in between points to recover from the struggle afterwards.Djokovic doesn't naturally have a very good lung capacity due to a small thorax,so when he breathes heavy and flexes his arms above his head with the racket before the next point,it is not always because he cannot breathe in that instant,it is mostly to get extra air into his lungs so he doesn't run out of breath during the next point(something he has said himself in pressers) and can therefore do all that scampering around you are so critical of.

andylovesaustin
06-01-2010, 01:59 AM
I REALLY like Nole--always have.

BUT if he really has all these health issues, he's always gonna be a bridesmaid. :shrug:

I don't think he's faking it. I think he needs to address the health issues he's having :shrug:

KarlyM
06-01-2010, 04:10 AM
Nice run Robby. :yeah:
Now please repeat this at 1 more tournament this year. :wavey:

Good luck to Nole against Melzer. ;)

tektonac
06-01-2010, 05:33 AM
[QUOTE=idolwatcher1;9988608]Great run for Robby. He was playing rather well until he fell down early in the third set...

He lost his focus after that, and Djokovic took advantage. I'm confused why some of Nole's fans are beating him up on his serve when he served better in this match than he has all tournament...

The truth is that Ginepri never had a chance, the whole thing got hyped a bit.