Better for Roland Garros, Nadal v Federer or Nadal v Soderling? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Better for Roland Garros, Nadal v Federer or Nadal v Soderling?

NADALbULLS
05-31-2010, 09:20 AM
The hype surround Nadal v Federer is always high, but then again the hype surrounding a Nadal v Soderling rematch would be huge, I can't decide which I'd rather see in the Final.

The risk is if Soderling beats Federer there would be a good chance Soderling may lose in the semis. That would really mess up the Final and make it dull. Whereas Federer will definitely win his semi.

New Balls Please
05-31-2010, 09:27 AM
I'd prefer Soderling-Djokovic final instead?

Fed=ATPTourkilla
05-31-2010, 09:29 AM
I would prefer to see Nadal v Soderling. Grudge match after last year and after Soderling mocked Nadal in 2007. In addition, Soderling has a better chance against Nadal than Federer does. It would be a much more interesting match than Nadal v Federer, where (let's be realistic here) the result is almost a foregone conclusion.

Having said that, I always cheer for Roger and I'm still holding out hope that a miracle will happen and he will beat Nadal in the final. :)

NADALbULLS
05-31-2010, 10:03 AM
Yeah I'm not sure.

Commander Data
05-31-2010, 10:09 AM
I cheer for Federer. But I have to admit that Söderling-Nadal would probably make for the more exciting match. Söderling-Djokovic would also be great.

I'm pretty sick of the Fedal matches obviously...But not just because Fed tends to lose but also because they happen the exact same way everytime:

- FH to BH rinse and repeat....
- Fed finally has the chance to turn the match around but, oooohhh...nervous...UE...

NADALbULLS
05-31-2010, 10:15 AM
I like the variation of the Fedal matches, because we don't know if it will be 6-1 6-3 6-0, or 6-2 in the fifth set. Either a beatdown or a thriller. Interesting. Like even at Wimbledon it looked like a beatdown when Nadal led 6-4 6-4 before the rain, but then it turned into one of the closest finishes in history.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
05-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Although I want Federer to win I wouldn't be that sorry if he lost. Federer (and Djokovic too) have tried and repeatedly failed against Nadal on clay. At 2-10 Fed is almost Nadal's clay turkey and Djokovic will be turkified in the SF, making it to 0-10. It may be time to give someone else a go.

NADALbULLS
05-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Yeh I'm not sure.

Certinfy
05-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Actually if Nadal is to make the final then I would prefer him to play Berdych or Soderling as both won't bend over.

Orka_n
05-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Soderling vs Nadal for sure. Nadal vs Fed isn't entertaining tennis.

FormerRafaFan
05-31-2010, 11:01 AM
I would prefer to see Nadal v Soderling. Grudge match after last year and after Soderling mocked Nadal in 2007.

Me too. Nadal can get his revenge and prove he is the king of clay once and for all ;)

ApproachShot
05-31-2010, 11:34 AM
A Fedal final would be for the best. The results on the courts may ultimately be lopsided but let us enjoy the drama of their matches while it lasts.

marcRD
05-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Nadal vs Söderling, this is a nobrainer.

NADALbULLS
05-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Well its a very haunting question which I'm glad I asked both publicly and privately.

Helevorn
05-31-2010, 11:48 AM
i would prefer a nadal-soderling final, but i think there's no way soderling can beat federer if he keeps playing like he played in the past days..

by the way i'll keep hoping that the toad will reach the final, i'm fed up with fedal finals

Orka_n
05-31-2010, 11:48 AM
Well its a very haunting question which I'm glad I asked both publicly and privately.Yeah yeah, you can stop bumping your thread now.

Sophocles
05-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Federer would be better if Federer won. That would be hilarious.

tennis2tennis
05-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Federer would be better if Federer won. That would be hilarious.

agreed, federer is peaking right now;)

NADALbULLS
05-31-2010, 01:26 PM
Hilarious if Federer beat Soderling? No way, Federer is 10 times better than Soderling, he should win.

bokehlicious
05-31-2010, 01:32 PM
I'd settle for a Fed-Bellucci final :hearts: :)

NADALbULLS
05-31-2010, 01:35 PM
I hope Nadal's next few opponents are:
QF Verdasco
SF Djokovic
F Federer
This lineup is all the guys Nadal is used to killing. It's when Nadal plays less familiar opponents that there could be trouble.

ZaZoo)
05-31-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm tired of Fedal matches, especially on clay..Soderling-Nadal.

Björki
05-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Nada vs Söderling :D

M4RC
05-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Me too. Nadal can get his revenge and prove he is the king of clay once and for all ;)

He proved that several years ago :wavey:

Anyway, it's time to destroy this Toad clown. The gipsy one got his revenge against Fed in Madrid, now it's time to demolish the asshole.

NADALbULLS
05-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Maybe it is more worthwhile beating Soderling rather than Federer, because after all Soderling DID beat Nadal at Roland Garros. Under any other circumstances defeating Federer would mean a lot more.

coonster14
05-31-2010, 01:57 PM
definitely soderling vs nadal this year, given what happened last year.

Art&Soul
05-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Sod vs Nadull would be good too coz soderking can destroy Nadull like last year :devil: and we would see the hilarious excuse from the Nadulltards again :o

NADALbULLS
05-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Sod vs Nadull would be good too coz soderking can destroy Nadull like last year :devil: and we would see the hilarious excuse from the Nadulltards again :o

Yeah that would be pretty funny to watch/read.

Orka_n
05-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Anyway, it's time to destroy this Toad clown. The gipsy one got his revenge against Fed in Madrid, now it's time to demolish the asshole.Mugboartards need to shut up and realize they're idolizing a timewasting, moonballing pusher mug. Hopefully, the toad will eat piggy alive should they meet in the final.

NADALbULLS
05-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Mugboartards need to shut up and realize they're idolizing a timewasting, moonballing pusher mug. Hopefully, the toad will eat piggy alive should they meet in the final.

What if Federer meets Nadal in the final, who should eat alive then?

Fiberlight1
05-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Mugboartards need to shut up and realize they're idolizing a timewasting, moonballing pusher mug. Hopefully, the toad will eat piggy alive should they meet in the final.

http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/!!@_taekwond-O-RLY.jpg

tyruk14
05-31-2010, 03:05 PM
It'd be more interesting to see Nadal - Soderling. I wonder what tactics Rafa would implement against the Swede, who already knows how to beat Rafa on this surface. It's just a matter of execution for him. As for Federer - Nadal, no thanks.

DJ Soup
05-31-2010, 03:07 PM
Soderling-Nadal.

But since I want Roger to keep his consecutive SF record going, can't help but support Roger here.

bokehlicious
05-31-2010, 03:09 PM
It'd be more interesting to see Nadal - Soderling. I wonder what tactics Rafa would implement against the Swede, who already knows how to beat Rafa on this surface. It's just a matter of execution for him. As for Federer - Nadal, no thanks.

Pretty sure Fed already beat Rafa on the surface too :scratch:

NADALbULLS
05-31-2010, 03:25 PM

When Soderling won it was because Nadal only hit the ball to the service box. I doubt Soderling could win if Nadal kept the ball deep.

NADALbULLS
05-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Pretty sure Fed already beat Rafa on the surface too :scratch:

No, not at Roland Garros. Look at the 2008 score especially, makes it seem impossible.

nobama
05-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Berdych/Verdasco.

NADALbULLS
05-31-2010, 03:30 PM
This 2nd set is really important for Nadal, this Bellucci guy is hitting cold winners. But should be ok, Bellucci is hitting unforced errors enough.

tyruk14
05-31-2010, 03:38 PM
When Soderling won it was because Nadal only hit the ball to the service box. I doubt Soderling could win if Nadal kept the ball deep.

Soderling was crushing the ball that day, thus taking away the time Nadal needs in order to generate spin, depth and power in one stroke.

Please don't try to analyze tennis again; your brain might implode.

bokehlicious
05-31-2010, 03:59 PM
No, not at Roland Garros. Look at the 2008 score especially, makes it seem impossible.

Sorry, my bad, need to learn better, always thought RG was held on clay and didn't have its own surface.

Start da Game
05-31-2010, 04:10 PM
nadal embarrassing soderdung would be a sight to behold for.......

SetSampras
05-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Nadal and Soderling with Nadal getting his revenge. Soderling matches up better with Nadal on the dirt then Federer does so I think we would see a much better quality match anyways

Johnny Groove
05-31-2010, 04:19 PM
Obviously Soderling.

viruzzz
05-31-2010, 04:26 PM
I prefer Federer-Djokovic.
Not because I diskile Nadal, just because the match result is umpredictable.
Federer in clay vs Djokovic it's something new.

But there's no way Nole beats Nadal.

Action Jackson
05-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Better if neither were there, but that's not happening.

Start da Game
05-31-2010, 04:32 PM
I prefer Federer-Djokovic.
Not because I diskile Nadal, just because the match result is umpredictable.
Federer in clay vs Djokovic it's something new.

But there's no way Nole beats Nadal.

that's not going to happen because the french tournament organizing clowns are terrified as shit and wouldn't dare to draw djokovic in fed's half.......they have to bluff and entertain the retarded sheep world over, draw them to the final to make bucks.......

and you might be knowing that nadal wouldn't allow djokovic to enter the final as long as he is in his half.......

ShotmaKer
05-31-2010, 04:37 PM
that's not going to happen because the french tournament organizing clowns are terrified as shit and wouldn't dare to draw djokovic in fed's half.......they have to bluff and entertain the retarded sheep world over, draw them to the final to make bucks.......

and you might be knowing that nadal wouldn't allow djokovic to enter the final as long as he is in his half.......

and they must be terrified that Hewitt draws Federer too since he's been in Nadal's half in 4 of the last 5 years at the French. Soderling being in Federer's half in 4 out of the last 5 slams must be part of a global conspiracy too. seriously, the draws are random.

jenanun
05-31-2010, 05:01 PM
nadal soderling of course!

if its nadal vs federer, we already know who the winner will be

would be very interesting if soderling could meet nadal in the final