Davydenko is back (finally) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Davydenko is back (finally)

emotion
05-31-2010, 01:44 AM
From the Halle website, and translated incredibly poorly
http://www.gerryweber-open.com/de/aktuell/news-gerry-weber-open/?id=4045&jahr=2010&monat=05

If you speak German, I'd like some help here

http://www.gerryweber-world.de/db_mediapool/20100528113733_davydenko_150.gif

The fact that one does not miss him, does not disturb him. „ I have said nobody that I am injured. Also of the press not “, according to Nikolay Davydenko which one searches during these days in vain in the tableau of the French Open. It is quite surprising, because with his sporty reputation of the 28-year-old Russian one would have had to count him undoubtedly to the circle of the favorites in Roland Garros: It is topically the number five of the ATP ranking and the topical world champion. However, it is an ambivalence which lists him: In the general public he is barely perceived, because he is one which does not love it to stand on the title pages of the newspapers. From there he goes down rather and is sometimes in Germany, Austria (is managed by the former pattern coach Ronnie Leitgeb) or in Moscow beyond the tour privately on the way. „ My woman is more known than me. If I play, she sits on the rostrum and is shown often by the television cameras “, thinks a sly looking Davydenko into German without an accent.

The sporty side of the Russian born in the today's Ukraine with residence in Germany is the respect of his colleagues on the tour ATP World. He is a tennis pro who does pitilessly his craft, is irrepressible apparently, and, besides, also gives to understand: „ I live tennis, I do not love tennis. “ With it he wants to express that he works like any other person also and from there he is only contented if he has solved his day work for him satisfyingly. „ If this is not the case, I am very discontented “, Davydenko said Leverkusen in the press conference on the last Wednesday in the club house of the Bavarian RTHC, „ and this towards me negative setting makes it to me also sometimes heavy to concern a match more laxly. “

How seriously he perceives his job on the tennis rectangle, his opponents on the other side of the net got in pastly year bitterly to feel when Davydenko could sit up crown in the tennis circus <for the first time> and was chosen to the ATP world champion. Among the rest, on> coronation way <he defeated Rafael Nadal and the top of the class of the tennis sport, the Swiss Roger Federer, and triumphed in the finale in November, 2009 in two sentences against 1.98 meters Hünen Juan Martin Del Potro. What followed a perfect start was in 2010 and it appeared for him only uphill shut: Title profit in Doha with final victory once more about Rafael Nadal, quarterfinal with the Australian Open and semi-final in Rotterdam. At his part against Robin Söderling Davydenko fell and imagined, besides, not bad: „ Even the doctors have ascertained at first nothing, meant, it would be a bruise. I have taken under pains weitergespielt and tablets or allow to give me a syringe. “ The tournament still followed in Dubai and in Indian Wells Davydenko lined up on the 13th March against the Serbian Viktor Troicki in the third round no more.

„ I seemed good not only with a doctor, but with two, three doctors. In Germany, Austria and in Moscow “, says looking back Davydenko which gave him all same information: „ It becomes already healthy. One must have only patience. “ In the meantime, one had diagnosed since ärztlicherseits a small boat leg fracture in the left wrist. Now about three months ago the world champion is very optimistic and he wants to celebrate with upcoming weaver GERRY OPEN (from the 05th to the 13th June) in hall Westphalians his comeback on the tour: „ I play 60 to 70 percent again with the backhand. “ Nowadays Davydenko stays in Leverkusen, because there his brother Eduard („ pursues it is still my Headcoach “) a training academy and in neighboring Cologne his everyday Reha measures take place.

In spite of the difficult healing process no signs of dejection are to be found with him when he stayed to the interview. On the contrary, Nikolay Davydenko is one in quiescent personality, with admirable analytic reasoning power. And in one for him foreign language: In German. „ I have started to learn at the age of 14 years when I came with my brother to Germany to further the education according to tennis. One does not find him such an infrastructure like here, maybe still in America, but certainly with us in Russia “, and, besides, Davydenko points very wide with his hands at the impressive arrangement of the RTHC in the shade of the Bavarian's cross.

Although the first tennis world champion of Russia counts as> Iceman <, he proves in the conversation exactly the counterpiece and attaches laughing positive emotions: „ Above all I love the life and in particular my Mrs. Irina. “ However, at the same moment Davydenko also concentrates again upon essential in the discussion: On his play, on the strategies to the success, on his physical fitness. „ I want to win plays, but nothing “, he tells who stays meanwhile for five years as naturally under the top Ten of the world. „ With every other title profit I earn good money which I have worked of course. In the end, I stand daily eight hours on the place and train very hard. “

Then there it is again completely> Iceman <, a tennis pro apparently without feeling, however, just only on the place, because, in the end, " my sport is my bread acquisition. I am proud to have become rich and from my world-masterly prize money I have bought to myself an apartment in Moscow. “ Because he has received, at least, more than 1.5 million US dollars than world championship premium in London, it will be absolutely no 2-space apartment for Irina and Nikolay! In the meantime, the ambidextrous playing Rechtshänder could win 20 tour titles ATP World, under it last year on the quick Hardcourt documents the tournaments in Shanghai (master 1000 tournament) and Kuala Lumpur as well as on sand in Umag and in the Hamburg Rothenbaum.

Now he comes without play practise to the WEAVER GERRY OPEN, he does not hold for a disadvantage. „ I never have so much trainert like now and whenever I have come back after longer breaks, I was playfully stronger than before “, thinks an optimistically looking Davydenko, now from now on more offensively („ tries also more in the net shut “) wants to play and thus wants to get the necessary assurance on lawn.

„ For Wimbledon I need play practise and with the Gerry Weber Open I will get this “, Davydenko with natural strength and big confidence impresses. „ It is great for us as an organizer of course that the world champion wants to be present with us “, thinks tournament manager Ralf Weber who can greet him three days after his 29-th birthday on the 5th June in Halle. It is, for the rest, after 2003, in 2004 and 2007 his fourth were present in the WEAVER GERRY STADIUM and he is to be topped persuaded of it, his result best up to now, the achievement of the Achtelfinals, in 2010: „ The world champion's title has given me more strength and assurance. Since then I am also put towards myself no more so negatively and today see more the positives in myself. That what I have reached, for example. “

Nice to see him back at last, sad how he just missed his best slam though

andy neyer
05-31-2010, 02:08 AM
Great for Kolya!!

To bad he just missed the season on the surface in which he excels the most and now he comes for the season in which he sucks the most. Life ain't fair.

DualMedia
05-31-2010, 02:10 AM
yes!! thank you!!

coonster14
05-31-2010, 02:11 AM
good to hear he will be playing again soon. :)

gulzhan
05-31-2010, 02:18 AM
Finally :bounce:

Hope he plays DC :unsure:

Sunset of Age
05-31-2010, 02:18 AM
Yep, read that. Hope to see him playing over there, tennis needs him.

VAMOS Denko.

dabeast
05-31-2010, 02:28 AM
The press may not have missed him but I did. welcome back Davy!!!

Pirata.
05-31-2010, 02:36 AM
Can't wait for him to be back (at long as he stays away from my faves for a while!)

Welcome back, Kolya :bounce:

oranges
05-31-2010, 02:55 AM
Finally, some good news :D

Can't wait for him to be back (at long as he stays away from my faves for a while!)

No need to until after Wimbledon ;)

tealeaves
05-31-2010, 02:56 AM
Delpo :sad:

misty1
05-31-2010, 03:19 AM
:bounce:

Johnny Groove
05-31-2010, 03:21 AM
Good news.

He'll surely play the post-Wimbledon clay swing and get some points and money.

Jolene
05-31-2010, 04:36 AM
Hey there now, hasn't he made the semis at Wimbledon? Maybe I'm mixing him up with someone else...

Edit: oops, guess not... :)

starluk
05-31-2010, 06:05 AM
Welcome back Nikolay!

Montego
05-31-2010, 07:23 AM
Vpered :rocker2:

Pity that he missed his best Slam and starts with his worst one.

TheBoiledEgg
05-31-2010, 07:24 AM
tennis needs Kolya back
gonna be pretty impossible for Kolya to make London this yr :(

ShotmaKer
05-31-2010, 07:25 AM
stunning news.

vn01
05-31-2010, 07:29 AM
Great.I am very happy about Kolya's return

DrJules
05-31-2010, 07:33 AM
Great for Kolya!!

To bad he just missed the season on the surface in which he excels the most and now he comes for the season in which he sucks the most. Life ain't fair.

Will be ready for the hard court season where Davydenko does best after some light hearted practice on grass.

Rosa Luxembourg
05-31-2010, 07:49 AM
welcome back Kolya :bigclap:

and this I did not know about him... :eek:

In the meantime, the ambidextrous playing Rechtshänder could win 20 tour titles ATP World,

Truc
05-31-2010, 08:19 AM
and this I did not know about him... :eek:The German article only says he has a two-handed BH ("der beidhändig spielende Rechtshänder").

Deivid23
05-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Just back in time to lose a couple of matches on grass and make his friends earn some money?

jaana
05-31-2010, 09:16 AM
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

hopefully he really has healed the wrist by now

Kolya
05-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Damn.

Fedicilous
05-31-2010, 11:20 AM
I wish Davydenko would retire, I'm so sick of his grand slam failures.

I wish Nadal would retire I'm so sick because he's being fucked by Davydenko. Four in a row.

Kolya
05-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah Davydenko what a loser.

NADALbULLS
05-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Yeah Davydenko what a loser.

Yeah it must be really hard being a fan of him, unless you don't value the slams I guess.

oranges
05-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Yeah it must be really hard being a fan of him, unless you don't value the slams I guess.

Karma is a bitch, you know, you just earned a spanking for your hero from mighty Kolya at the USO

viruzzz
05-31-2010, 02:21 PM
GO DAVY!
These are very good news...
Last week a close friend of mine asked:
"Hey, who's that boldy tennis player with that maniac-homicidal expression in his face?"
"Umm, I think you're talking about Davydenko"
"Yeah, that one, I like him!"

muniu
05-31-2010, 02:25 PM
:woohoo: