05-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Federer in four.

alter ego
05-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Federer in 3.

Sillyrabbit
05-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Federer in 4.

I'm pretty sure Federer really wants the 286 weeks record, so there's really something extra for him in this. Soderling can't beat a "normal" Federer, so I can't see him getting past a Federer that really has a lot to gain by winning this match.

Priam
05-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Poll?

marcRD
05-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Federer in 4, could be a tricky one. Söderling is playing great tennis and Federer is slightly below the 2009 level. I will be happy no matter the outcome of the match, hope both play great.

tyruk14
Poll?

Done. I'm fairly slow.

Jomp1
This should be a semi, but well I just hope Robin can play his best tennis of the tournament.

Commander Data
05-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Fed in 4. its gonna be tough. Söderling in impressive form and Fed not really so thus far.

scarecrows
Federer in 4, could be a tricky one. Söderling is playing great tennis and Federer is slightly below the 2009 level. I will be happy no matter the outcome of the match, hope both play great.

he wasnt that good before the final last year

Priam
Thanks! Soderling to end Fed's streak? Heart says Soderling in 5, head says Roger in 4.

andy neyer
05-30-2010, 04:28 PM
A shame they have to meet at this point.

I'm rooting for Soda here. People will think I'm crazy but I think he's got a genuine shot at beating Nadal in the final. His main obstacle to get to that final will obviously be Federer but I feel he can do it.

theseth1119
05-30-2010, 04:28 PM
A rematch of last year's final. Rogie's going to beat Sodie once again, but to say Rogie's below his 2009 level is totally ludicrous. Rogie dropped quite a few sets in 2009 and still won the title, in fact he was at times quite horrible in the 2009 FO, but in 2010 he looks to be quite a bit better.

Corey Feldman
05-30-2010, 04:29 PM
close one coming up

Soder should not have to deal with the nerves of a 1st time GS final like last year.. also Fed will probably not want weather like today

iriraz
05-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Typical match involving these two has at least 1 tiebreak.Federer will be obvious favourite but Soderling can keep it tight and in a tiebreaker u never know what might happen

samanosuke
05-30-2010, 04:32 PM
soderling will beat his demon

ossie
05-30-2010, 04:34 PM
soderling will beat his demon:haha: he will gladly bend over for his god :rolleyes:

ShotmaKer
05-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Federer in straights.

Commander Data

I'm rooting for Soda here. People will think I'm crazy but I think he's got a genuine shot at beating Nadal in the final. His main obstacle to get to that final will obviously be Federer but I feel he can do it.

I can see where you are coming from.

tyruk14

Soderling has a genuine shot at taking the title if he beats Federer. Unfortunately that's a big if to overcome.

enigma
05-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Soderling in four,PLS

ApproachShot
05-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Agreed that we are likely to see a couple of tiebreaks in this match. I'm guessing Federer is more likely than not to win in 4 but there is a possibility that Soderling may do a Soderling as it were (knock out the top seed and defending champion). I think Soderling's loss to Federer last year at the French was not only due to some exceptional serving from Federer at crucial moments but also Soderling's mental approach.

Although Soderling went on to lose to Federer in Wimbledon and the US Open, he did show signs of being able to play Federer better. Take the US Open match for example. Soderling was completely demolished in the first couple of sets but fought back and played well in the tiebreaker. And I know it was only an exhibition match at Abu Dhabi in the new year, but one would think that the victory there may give him the belief he can translate this into a win on the ATP against Federer.

Both have looked good in the tournament so far. Given the seedings, if there is one person who could potentially end Federer's consecutive semi-final streak at slams, I'd favour Soderling.

Aenea
05-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Rogie in straights. Soderling doesn't have the guts to fight Fed let alone beat him.

vn01
05-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Federer in 4,but heart wants Soderling in 5

Bagelicious
05-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Fed in 4, but Soderling has a real chance here. Wouldn't mind if he's the one that goes through, especially if he makes it to a final vs. Nadal.

Sunset of Age
05-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Those who think Soderling has no chance to win this, haven't been watching his - and Federer's - matches.
"Results from the past are no guarantee for the future", as anyone should know by now. If the conditions are like they are today - wet, windy - it will highly favour Soderling's game, in contrary to Federer's, whose game is much more at risk. Soderling's mindset will be totally different than last year's, when he was already over-the-moon happy to have reached his first GS final - he's an established top-10 player now and has already proven to be able to make it close in matches against Fed.
I expect a 5-setter, could go anyway, the weather will be a decisive factor. May the best one win.

It's too bad that these two have to meet so early. :(

Arkulari
05-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Roger in 4 or 5

ossie
05-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Those who think Soderling has no chance to win this, haven't been watching his - and Federer's - matches.
"Results from the past are no guarantee for the future", as anyone should know by now. If the conditions are like they are today - wet, windy - it will highly favour Soderling's game, in contrary to Federer's, whose game is much more at risk. Soderling's mindset will be totally different than last year's, when he was already over-the-moon happy to have reached his first GS final - he's an established top-10 player now and has already proven to be able to make it close in matches against Fed.
I expect a 5-setter, could go anyway, the weather will be a decisive factor. May the best one win.

It's too bad that these two have to meet so early. :(federer hasnt been playing bad until now if soderling wants to win he needs to pull a del potro which i dont see him doing cuz hes a mental midget against fed

Edith09
05-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Fed in 3, one set goes to tiebreak.

Haelfix
05-30-2010, 04:55 PM
A lot depends on the conditions. Stable and normal conditions will favor Federer. Wind, rain or conversely super heavy heat will favor Soderling.

Commander Data
federer hasnt been playing bad until now if soderling wants to win he needs to pull a del potro which i dont see him doing cuz hes a mental midget against fed

That is the crux. I think Söderling can play like Del Potro and if he does, he has a decent chance to beat Fed. Question is, can he be mentally strong as Delpony? Well, he was last year against Nadal. So yes. I think it is possible. I give Söderling 30 % to win.

federernadalfan
fed in three
13-0 coming up

SlicedAce
05-30-2010, 04:56 PM

It's too bad that these two have to meet so early. :(

If the bolded part is true, then why do I see people who seem sure that if Soderling beats Federer he'll win the entire slam which means probably beating Nadal in the finals?

Roamed
05-30-2010, 04:58 PM
"Results from the past are no guarantee for the future", as anyone should know by now. If the conditions are like they are today - wet, windy - it will highly favour Soderling's game, in contrary to Federer's, whose game is much more at risk.

It's forecast to be cloudy without much wind, but of course that can change :)

And agree about how it's a shame they're meeting so early. I really like both of them and it's a bit of a shame that thus far Soderling's been stopped from getting anywhere in the slams since his 'breakthrough' because he keeps meeting Federer.

And to everyone saying Soderling is a mental midget, he'll certainly have drawn confidence from the way he's progressed through the draw so far, the closeness of their match at the USO, and (even though it won't have meant anything to Federer) the win in the exo at the start of the year.

Sunset of Age
05-30-2010, 04:59 PM
If the bolded part is true, then why do I see people who seem sure that if Soderling beats Federer he'll win the entire slam which means probably beating Nadal in the finals?

Because they are making that exact same mistake in thinking. ;)

Commander Data
05-30-2010, 05:02 PM

not so smart people. But Söderling will have chancve if he beats Federer also against Nadal. altough I would say Nadal is the fav because he is in better form then last year.

Johnny Groove
05-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Soderling has got a shot here.

Pirata.
05-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Fed in four.

tennishero
05-30-2010, 05:16 PM
federers SF streak has come to an end.. soderling in 4/5!

HKz
05-30-2010, 05:25 PM

Eh, I thought he is playing a bit better than in 2009.. Of course the caliber of opponents is easier this year than last, but it doesn't seem like there is much turmoil going on between the ears and his backhand is working fine.

I think it'll be straight sets for Roger. I mean Soderling has a fantastic clay court game, but for Federer, Robin is a lot more difficult to deal with on a faster surface. Should be something similar to last year's final in terms of scoring, except the first and third set will be a bit closer.

Federer's backhand slice and short angled slices will prove to be gamebreaking again. Also a big difference between Federer/Nadal, is that Rafael tends to give his shots a lot of air when he is being tentative which obviously plays right into Robin's hands. Roger doesn't really go into panic mode, although he will sometimes overcook his shots a bit. But either way, Roger won't float the balls back into Robin's hitting zones if things gets tough.

Jomp1
05-30-2010, 05:31 PM
I know it wasn't on tour and just exhibition but Sod won their last meeting, so I don't see him not believing in a win. These players know each other in and out and what has to be done.

HKz
05-30-2010, 05:33 PM
I know it wasn't on tour and just exhibition but Sod won their last meeting, so I don't see him not believing in a win. These players know each other in and out and what has to be done.

You really think when Fedewatch shows up that he is going to actually put in a Grand Slam performance?

vn01
05-30-2010, 05:37 PM
It could happen like it happens with Davydenko:Federer has 12-0 and then loses the next 2 matches.

Selby
05-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Federer in 3 easy sets, 6-3 6-4 6-3

lurker
05-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Federer is playing better than he was in 2009 RG, no doubt about that. He's playing to keep his Semifinal streak in GS alive and for the record for weeks at number one, in addition to his title defense at RG. He also is something like 13-0 against Soderling.

No chance for Soda here, he goes home in straight sets defeat, unfortunately.

dodo
05-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Probably Federer, but Soderling is in hot form, so it wont be easy.

DJ Soup
05-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Fed needs to win just one more match. Everything else is bonus.

andy neyer
05-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Fed needs to win just one more match. Everything else is bonus.

Never underestimate Fedclown's chances to mess up a record. Remember when he was trying to tie McEnroe's almost pefect season and ended losing to Nalby in the final of the TMC or when he was going for the record of most consecutive wins and ended up losing in Indian Wells to Cañas.

But for what is worth, it would be awesome if Soda goes to win the whole thing here. I think he would deserve it and an epic Final between Soda and Nadal would be awesome and generate so much expectation. No doubt Soda wouldn't be the fave against Nadal but I think he has a much bigger shot than Federer at beating him on the clay of RG.

It would just be really interesting. A lot more interesting than another Fedal final, imo.

Merton
05-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Soderling in 4.

Yes, I know about their history, yes, the matchup is great for Roger but it is about execution here and I think Roger's return of serve has deteriorated and he will not be able to use the slice as effectively as in the past.

Sapeod
05-30-2010, 07:24 PM
too easy for Roger. Robin isn't good enough.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
05-30-2010, 07:28 PM
I think Soderling is the third or possibly even second strongest player in this tournament. However, Roger clearly knows exactly how to play him so he'll win if he plays his best tennis.

Priam
05-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Either way arguably the most exciting of the qfs this year.

lazybear
05-30-2010, 07:34 PM

You're not crazy at all. It looks like this new and improved Söder has confidence against Nadal, and he already has finals experience. His confidence would be skyrocketing after beating Roger. Plus he's not a good matchup for Nadal. I'm not sure if there is anyone that Nadal fears on this surface, (or at all) but if there is somebody, it's gotta be the Toad. I'm a Roger fanatic, so obviously rooting for the maestro, but if Söder can pull this off, i hope he goes all the way. That Nadal-Söder final could be something.

Guy Haines
05-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Much depends on whether or not Soderling walks on court wearing kneepads like he always has against Federer.

iriraz
05-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Soderling`s problem is that against other opponents he likes to take the ball and be agressive and take control of the point but against Federer he is always running and beeing pushed around and can`t control the rally as he wants to.
Also in almost every match he had his chances against Federer but when it got tight in a tiebreaker Federer won the big points.
Also first set will be crucial.If Federer takes a lead it`s tough to come back against him

SetSampras
05-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Federer of course.. Soderling always self destructs under the big pressure.

M4RC
05-30-2010, 08:05 PM
The GOAT just can't stand a player who has even more ego than him, no? I mean, you know, I mean, he will destroy the other unbelievable player, no?

Certinfy
05-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Soderling in 5. :rocker2:

Andi-M
05-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Soda en cinco. can't wait for this one.

HKz
05-30-2010, 08:37 PM
It could happen like it happens with Davydenko:Federer has 12-0 and then loses the next 2 matches.

Davydenko was on fire though for those couple of months and Federer was having a bit of an issue prior to the Australian Open. I mean in this situation, Federer is playing pretty OK and Soderling isn't really "on fire" more like OK as well.

Jimnik
05-30-2010, 08:38 PM
The real question is, can Soderling finally win a set without a TB?

This is even more one-sided than the Roddick match-up.

Sophocles
05-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Voted Federer in 5. I think it'll be close. Fed's defence against power hitters isn't what it was.

alfonsojose
05-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Roger in 4. It has been too easy, too fast for Soderling. Federer, altought never in danger, has been tested a bit more.

Haelfix
05-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Maybe Fed can't play D against the powerhitters like he used too, otoh he takes so much time away from them due to his court positioning and ability to take things early that it really makes his service games in particular quasi unbreakable. Soderling never gets a chance to take a big cut.

Persimmon
05-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Federer, of course. :wavey:

He is not pathetic enough to lose early at a slam where he is the DEFENDING CHAMP. :wavey:

Unlike others. :o

oz_boz
05-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Somehow I feel that even if Robin will never win a Slam, he will take his chance to be remembered - why not for being be the fast surface guy who takes out his contemporary dominators in RG?

Robin will need one set less than vs Rafa last year :bounce:

Sunset of Age
05-30-2010, 09:00 PM
He is not pathetic enough to lose early at a slam where he is the DEFENDING CHAMP. :wavey:

:confused: As far as I can tell, all the recent defending GS champs are still there, bar one, as that one - Del Potro - is sadly injured.

viruzzz
05-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Federer in 4.
This will be just amazing.
Soderling is just killing his rivals.
But the king is the king, in the last french open we had a very good match between this two titans, I hope we'll get something better this year.

Sillyrabbit
05-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Federer to lose in straights in the 4th round of a slam, sorry but :lol:

Filo V.
05-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Roger will win, Soderling might take set 1 or 2. That's about it. Soderling can play well but Roger always has and always will expose his weaknesses.

Guille.
05-30-2010, 09:04 PM
I'll say Robin in 5:angel:

Persimmon
05-30-2010, 09:04 PM
:confused: As far as I can tell, all the recent defending GS champs are still there, bar one, as that one - Del Potro - is sadly injured.

OMG :spit: I was talking about Rafa when he was defending his FO(lost in R16), Wimbledon(withdrew) and AO(lost in QF) trio:wavey:

M4RC
05-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Federer, of course. :wavey:

WOW :eek:. That's what I call clever irony. Truly legendary.

MalwareDie
05-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Federer in 4 or 5, or Soda in 5.

Sunset of Age
05-30-2010, 09:13 PM
OMG :spit: I was talking about Rafa when he was defending his FO(lost in R16), Wimbledon(withdrew) and AO(lost in QF) trio:wavey:

That was last year. Sampras isn't there either. ;)

Kidding. I get your point, but don't worry - I don't think Rafa will bolt out early this time. ;)

Filo V.
05-30-2010, 09:14 PM

Are you making a joke of Nadal's injuries and calling him pathetic because of that? Hahaha, and you call yourself a Nadal fan. Yeah, that's the biggest pathetic joke here.

Persimmon
05-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Are you making a joke of Nadal's injuries and calling him pathetic because of that? Hahaha, and you call yourself a Nadal fan. Yeah, that's the biggest pathetic joke here.

:rolleyes:

Filo V.
05-30-2010, 09:26 PM
:rolleyes:

Expected.

Persimmon
05-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Expected.

:yeah:

Orka_n
05-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Federer to lose in straights in the 4th round of a slam, sorry but :lol:It's the QF, nothing else.

I think Soderling takes this... the time has come. 4 or 5 sets.

SwedSerbia
05-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Hopefully this match will be an match to remember..Roger will forever be the king and legend, but i really believe that Söderking can win this fight. I´m not impressed of Rogers game this season, and Robin are looking better then he did last year in Roland Garros. I really hope for an upset and an possible final between Rafa and Söderking.

Robin in 3 or 4 :worship:

FlameOn
05-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Soderling in 5. What the hell? :p

DwyaneWade
05-30-2010, 11:51 PM
I would love to say Soderling in 4 based on current form.

However, the fact that Soderling has never beaten Roger, even on his favorite indoor surface in best out of 3, and now has to beat him on a slow surface (which in this matchup favors Federer) makes the logical part of me say Federer in straights.

andy neyer
05-31-2010, 12:39 AM
Just checked the stats. These lads have played 12 matches and a total of 12 tiebreaks.

I'm expecting a great match, possibly the match of the tournament. I really don't care who wins.

jcempire
05-31-2010, 12:51 AM
I hope Soderling but I would pick Fed

misty1
05-31-2010, 12:54 AM
i really hope robin wins

this year so many players have beaten other players they have negative record against or have never beaten before so maybe this can be the year for robin to finally get his win over federer.

shotgun
05-31-2010, 01:09 AM
I hope it's nothing like last year's final.

MalwareDie
05-31-2010, 01:20 AM
I'm expecting a great match, possibly the match of the tournament. I really don't care who wins.

This.

coonster14
05-31-2010, 01:38 AM
could be match of the tournament this one.
i think federer wins in 4. i just hope soderling throws everything he has into this match, win or lose.
federer is just...federer

HarryMan
05-31-2010, 03:38 AM
This is really big match for Soderling, in fact, it will be a bigger upset than what he did last year to Nadal, should he manage to beat Federer. 23 (or is it 24?) straight semi-finals (a streak which is about 7 years old now) is on the online. If he is good enough and mentally prepared for fighting it out till the very end, it could be the match of the tournament so far. I would rate Soderling (in current form) as the third best player on clay, behind Nadal and Federer.

I still think Federer will prevail in 4 sets (max), let's see if Soderling can prove me wrong and create history. :)

I_Dasco
05-31-2010, 03:41 AM
I hope Robin win ... but Fed is better .. so win for FED

Ariel
05-31-2010, 04:03 AM
I don't think Robin will win against Federer but I do sincerely hope he takes the latter to five sets. I voted Fed in 4 but given the quality with which Sod is playing now, Fed will lose his nerve at some point and drop two sets perhaps in tiebreaks. Fed is no longer mentally invincible and Sod has the tools to upset Fed's equilibrium.

Then again, Sod has a lot of respect for Federer.....perhaps too much for his own good. He'll have to block all this GOAT stuff out of his head when he steps on court to face Fed.

Quakes
05-31-2010, 04:33 AM
Federer outlasts Soderling in 5

6-4, 3-6, 6-7, 6-2, 6-3

andy neyer
05-31-2010, 05:09 AM
This is really big match for Soderling, in fact, it will be a bigger upset than what he did last year to Nadal, should he manage to beat Federer. 23 (or is it 24?) straight semi-finals (a streak which is about 7 years old now) is on the online.

Nah. The win against Nadal was a much bigger upset for a number of reasons. It wouldn't be sooo unexpected if Soda beats Federer. On the other hand, no-one was expecting Soda to beat Nadal in R4 of RG. I mean no-one.

To me the win against Nadal was the biggest upset of the Open Era.

Turquoise
05-31-2010, 05:48 AM
Let's just hope Soderling makes this competitive. Expect Federer to win.

starluk
05-31-2010, 06:04 AM
Go Robin!U could and should win this match!

born_on_clay
05-31-2010, 07:07 AM
Federer in 3 (one tiebreak)

ossie
05-31-2010, 08:05 AM
Federer in 3 (one tiebreak)wont even go to a tiebreak this time

bokehlicious
05-31-2010, 08:11 AM
Either Fed in 3 or Federror in 4.

Deivid23
05-31-2010, 08:22 AM
It will be 13-0 at the end of the day anyway, don´t think Federer will win in 3 sets though.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
05-31-2010, 08:26 AM
In 2009, Soderling lost to Federer in three out of the four slams. If he loses this match, Federer will have beaten him in four out of the last five. It'd be interesting to see how far he'd go if he didn't keep running into the wrong player.

problematique
05-31-2010, 08:30 AM
I'd like to think Soderling will push Fed to five and win this match so I voted with my heart.
My head is telling me that Fed will get into his head once again and it will be over in 4.

Either way I won't be shocked at what happens. It isn't so much if Robin can beat Federer. I certainly think that he can. Will he do it is something entirely different.

Vida
05-31-2010, 11:12 AM
I see an upset here. federer is ripe...

Sophocles
05-31-2010, 11:20 AM
To me the win against Nadal was the biggest upset of the Open Era.

Yeah, can't think of a bigger one. Curren thrashing McEnroe at Wimbledon in 1985 created a bit of a buzz at the time, but Curren was known to be a dangerous player on grass. Nobody imagined Soderling was any good on clay.

samanosuke
05-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Honestly I don't believe that Robin will played out of this world match or do something astonishing on the court . Just I expect rusty Roger . In all those wins of Roger over Robin even " clear " wins were in breaker or two . All was on one or two balls and Robin was much closer than result suggests . Somewhere that must finished , also as his GS SF's in a row . Something like his wins in a row against Davydenko or Gonzalez . If Robin ever beat Federer , it will be tomorrow . That's Robin destiny , last year Rafa , this year Roger

MacTheKnife
05-31-2010, 11:52 AM
The only real question is will toad get a set..

Har-Tru
05-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Federer in 4.

ShotmaKer
05-31-2010, 01:46 PM
Federer : "I would be a fool to underestimate any of my opponents at this stage. Especially Soderling."

n8
05-31-2010, 02:29 PM
These two again in a Grand Slam? That's four of the last five Grand Slams. At 12-0, Federer has not got a better record against anyone else on tour (Nieminen and Youzhny are 10-0).

jenanun
05-31-2010, 04:13 PM
i hope to see soderling vs nadal in the final...

but I just cannot see soderling win more than 1 set against federer.....

my prediction is federer in 3 (75 63 61)

andy neyer
05-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Soda will take at least 1 set. I hope he takes the match... and the tournament!

Noleta
05-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Rog in three.

gulzhan
05-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Soderling won't even bother to fight :shrug: Fed in 3, usual. Cake draw now that Murray is gone too.

ShotmaKer
05-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Cake draw now that Murray is gone too.

yeah, Murray was such a hell of a threat during the entire clay season.

Voo de Mar
05-31-2010, 05:33 PM
With help of Norse Gods and Federer's worse day maybe Soderling would win in 5 sets :o Practice tie-breaks before that match Toad! :armed:

laurie-1
05-31-2010, 05:37 PM
That is the crux. I think Söderling can play like Del Potro and if he does, he has a decent chance to beat Fed. Question is, can he be mentally strong as Delpony? Well, he was last year against Nadal. So yes. I think it is possible. I give Söderling 30 % to win.

I think that's a different scenario because Soderling knew Nadal was injured going in to the match and he had an opportunity to take advantage.

Federer is not injured so its a much more difficult hurdle to overcome, and the past indicates that Soderling doesn't have the frame of mind to take on Federer like Del Potro did twice last year.

All I can say is - let's see tomorrow.

Guga_fan
With help of Norse Gods and Federer's worse day maybe Soderling would win in 5 sets :o Practice tie-breaks before that match Toad! :armed:
Federer doesn't need to play awfully for Robin to win, he just has to play like he played against Wawrinka. But against Soderling he always plays in God Mode :o

Start da Game
whoever wins this match will be butchered like no other time by the spartan warrior in the ultimate round.......most prolly it could be the dancer from switzerland.......sodermug is worse than a slave when it comes to meeting fed.......

Start da Game
05-31-2010, 05:38 PM
whoever wins this match will be butchered like no other time by the spartan warrior in the ultimate round.......most prolly it could be the dancer from switzerland.......sodermug is worse than a slave when it comes to meeting fed.......

Commander Data
05-31-2010, 05:43 PM

I bet you would shit your pants would Nadal face Söderling. It is long known that Nadal struggles against hard hitters. you can thank the draw that all hard hitters were on Feds side.

Chair Umpire
05-31-2010, 05:48 PM
Federer in 3. Cheaterling to sh*t his pants.

ballbasher101
05-31-2010, 05:51 PM
This could be tasty. Federer to still win but not without trouble.

Start da Game
05-31-2010, 05:52 PM
Federer in 3. Cheaterling to sh*t his pants.

sodamug is a disgust to the very word 'fighting spirit' and is an epitome of muggery.......

Everko
05-31-2010, 06:41 PM
I will be happy to watch this match because I will know one of them has to lose.

I will be pulling hard for Youzhny to get through to the final from this hell section. The least of the evils, even though Youzhny is pretty bad himself.

Everko
05-31-2010, 06:41 PM
sodamug is a disgust to the very word 'fighting spirit' and is an epitome of muggery.......

too true

Arkulari
05-31-2010, 06:56 PM
oooh, the signature is already fixed... :D

Nidhogg
05-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Söderling has done what was expected of him in the tournament. Anything from here is icing on the cake.

Federer will win if he plays his A-game, but I think Robin will put up a better fight than he did in last year's final.

Orka_n
05-31-2010, 09:03 PM
oooh, the signature is already fixed... :D:haha: For those who doesn't get it:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2jcbqt1.jpg

Everko, why did you break your promise? Please leave MTF already.

Btw, I agree with Nidhogg. If Federer does not play his best, Robin can take him. And I sure hope JesusFed stays home tomorrow.

Acer
05-31-2010, 09:07 PM
:haha: For those who doesn't get it:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2jcbqt1.jpg

Btw, I agree with Nidhogg. If Federer does not play his best, Robin can take him. And I sure hope JesusFed stays home tomorrow.

O-W-N-E-D

Vida
05-31-2010, 09:20 PM
everko you should shiver in terror.

Matt H
05-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Fed has plenty of incentives: to retain the #1 ranking...the consecutive major semi-finals streak...besting Sampras' record of #1 of weeks at #1...defending his RG title...and even the improbable, but still attainable, grand slam (if he can get past Roland Garros, by far his toughest hurdle).

AND...he has Soderling's number. Fed has never lost to him.

Fed handily, in three (perhaps close) sets.

DJ Soup
05-31-2010, 09:34 PM
it hurts to be Everko

Everko
05-31-2010, 09:44 PM
everko you should shiver in terror.

shiver in terror? Of what? you attacking me over my laptop screen? of soderling? Because I ecrtainly don't, Nadal will take out his trash before its over.

I seriously do not recall that post. Either way I will not stop psoting here, especially while Rafa keeps dominating on clay and when Djokovic is cruising to a semifinal.

ShotmaKer
05-31-2010, 10:19 PM
a man of his word this Everko.

@Sweet Cleopatra
05-31-2010, 10:36 PM

So you want Nadal to lose more than you want Federer to win? :wazzup:

@Sweet Cleopatra
05-31-2010, 10:44 PM
I see Sod has no weapons against Fed. So I say Fed in 3.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
05-31-2010, 11:01 PM
So you want Nadal to lose more than you want Federer to win? :wazzup:

I personally like Nadal and don't especially want to see him lose. But I want to see him challenged. It's just getting boring watching him beat Federer 1000 times in exactly the same way.

If Federer takes out Soderling and Berdych and Djokovic beats Melzer, Rafa's route to the title will be as follows:

Almagro - 0-6 vs Nadal and known to worship the ground Nadal walks on
Djokovic - 0 - 9 on clay and has no second serve.
Federer - 2-10 on clay. Both wins were on clay which plays differently from RG clay and Nadal was very tired for the second win.

It's just going to be a total cakewalk for him from the first round to the last. This is largely because he is the best claycourter by a mile but he has also been helped by the draw and the absence of Del Potro. To beat Nadal on clay you need enough firepower to be able to hit through him. Of the players left in the draw only Soderling and Berdych have it.

The best final for the tournament would be Soderling - Nadal.

ShotmaKer
05-31-2010, 11:06 PM
If Federer takes out Soderling and Berdych and Djokovic beats Melzer, Rafa's route to the title will be as follows:

the Colonel doesn't agree with you, says last time he checked he hasn't lost to Berdych yet.

MalwareDie
05-31-2010, 11:12 PM

Trolls never keep their promises. FedFan_2007 promised to leave for three months if Federer won a Slam after he lost to Nadull at the Australian Open. But, he's permanently banned now, so there's no problem.

BlackSilver
06-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Can't return, can't win.

Federer to serve Soderling downright to the middle of the Atlantic ocean (as always).

crude oil
06-01-2010, 01:36 AM
hopefully soderling. he is the only one who can make the final against nadal interesting.

federer will put on the pink pants and piss on all 2 million bp chances against nadal.

andylovesaustin
06-01-2010, 01:49 AM
I'm going to have to say Soda-pop in 4. He won't win in 5. I just think confidence might be an issue. :shrug: But.. if he can get an early lead.. yeah.. he might be able to cause an upset.

jcempire
06-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Soderling 6-3 6-4 2-6 6-2

prima donna
06-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Roger in five.

paseo
06-01-2010, 01:55 AM
shiver in terror? Of what? you attacking me over my laptop screen? of soderling? Because I ecrtainly don't, Nadal will take out his trash before its over.

I seriously do not recall that post. Either way I will not stop psoting here, especially while Rafa keeps dominating on clay and when Djokovic is cruising to a semifinal.
:yeah:

I see Sod has no weapons against Fed. So I say Fed in 3.

Really?

Arkulari
06-01-2010, 01:58 AM
don't make Everko go, he's very important for ACC, one of the top seeds but he needs to be around in order to build confidence and get enough points for it :p

froghop
06-01-2010, 04:42 AM
Please Soderling...I need to to pull off other soderizing performance tomorrow. You need to do to Federer exactly what you did to Nadal last year. Beat the crap out the the best player of all time. Your win last year will mean absolutely nothing if you cannot beat someone who don't even belong on the same clay court as Nadal. Please Soderman. From Frog to TOAD, we're family man...do this for me. It will make my life much nicer tomorrow.

Oh, what the hell, I'm predicting Federer in 4.

bad gambler
06-01-2010, 06:47 AM
Fed should whip him like he did in last year's final

ToniTennis
06-01-2010, 07:28 AM
Fed in three easy sets, with occasional peaks of brilliance from Robin that in the end will amount for nothing.

Certinfy
06-01-2010, 07:45 AM
You've gotta feel for Soderling, the only GS since RG last year when he wasn't in Federer's quarter/half was this year's Australian Open and he ended up losing in R1. :awww:

habibko
06-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Federer in 5.

Bargearse
06-01-2010, 09:16 AM
If the weather is good, Federer will win in 3. If the weather is bad and there are any delays, expect it to go the distance.

ShotmaKer
06-01-2010, 10:00 AM
If the weather is good, Federer will win in 3. If the weather is bad and there are any delays, expect it to go the distance.

weather not so good so far. still i expect a straight sets win.

ShotmaKer
06-01-2010, 10:04 AM
You've gotta feel for Soderling, the only GS since RG last year when he wasn't in Federer's quarter/half was this year's Australian Open and he ended up losing in R1. :awww:

this.

djwebby
06-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Please Soderling...I need to to pull off other soderizing performance tomorrow. You need to do to Federer exactly what you did to Nadal last year. Beat the crap out the the best player of all time. Your win last year will mean absolutely nothing if you cannot beat someone who don't even belong on the same clay court as Nadal. Please Soderman. From Frog to TOAD, we're family man...do this for me. It will make my life much nicer tomorrow.

Oh, what the hell, I'm predicting Federer in 4.

Love it but Soderling in 3.

cardio
06-01-2010, 10:57 AM
I voted Soda in 4, but it is long shot of course. We discussed it before and mathematics may not agree, but it seems to me : long series of wins has to end some day, perhaps already today? Fed 12-0 and 23 consecutive slam SF are very long series, 13-0 and 24 would be crazy. Fuck, even Roddick with his horrible H2H was able to beat him couple of times ( not on slams though ) . And I think now is Sodas best chance. Not on fast indoors, but on clay. He is in excellent form and feels himself very comfortable on clay, which is obviously Fed`s worst surface. And clay gives him more time to prepare his shots, to get on position. High bounce on clay is right to his hitting zone, he loves high bouncing balls and Fed hates them. If Soda doesnt win today, his next realistic chance to beat Fed ( on slam ) is next years RG. He wont beat him in Wimby, USO or AO.

Daniel
06-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Federer in 3

Elena.
06-01-2010, 11:44 AM

:lol:

Definitely Rogie,would love Soderling to win though,he's so cute :drool:

A_Skywalker
06-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Roger in 3, something like 7-6 6-4 7-5
Soderling doesnt have the brain to beat Roger.

Certinfy
06-01-2010, 12:07 PM
I voted Soda in 4, but it is long shot of course. We discussed it before and mathematics may not agree, but it seems to me : long series of wins has to end some day, perhaps already today? Fed 12-0 and 23 consecutive slam SF are very long series, 13-0 and 24 would be crazy. Fuck, even Roddick with his horrible H2H was able to beat him couple of times ( not on slams though ) . And I think now is Sodas best chance. Not on fast indoors, but on clay. He is in excellent form and feels himself very comfortable on clay, which is obviously Fed`s worst surface. And clay gives him more time to prepare his shots, to get on position. High bounce on clay is right to his hitting zone, he loves high bouncing balls and Fed hates them. If Soda doesnt win today, his next realistic chance to beat Fed ( on slam ) is next years RG. He wont beat him in Wimby, USO or AO.Really? I think Soderling's best chance is at the USO :shrug:

mystic ice cube
06-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Federer in three.

habibko
06-01-2010, 12:15 PM
if Federer's SF streak is going to get broken this year, this is the best chance.

Start da Game
06-01-2010, 12:21 PM
if Federer's SF streak is going to get broken this year, this is the best chance.

not happening.......sodermug cannot think and play, he is just a mad ball basher........the only thing which fed is good at is, he knows exactly how to handle these kind of one dimensional ball bashers who play right into his hands.......roddick, hewitt, davydenko, youzhny, robredo you name it........

Certinfy
06-01-2010, 12:24 PM
not happening.......sodermug cannot think and play, he is just a mad ball basher........the only thing which fed is good at is, he knows exactly how to handle these kind of one dimensional ball bashers who play right into his hands.......roddick, hewitt, davydenko, youzhny, robredo you name it........You call them ballbashers? :haha:

If I remember correctly Del Potro has beaten him the last 2 times they've played, and Berdych has beaten him the last time they've played, and those 2 are ballbashers. ;)

ShotmaKer
06-01-2010, 12:26 PM
the only thing which fed is good at is

he ain't too shabby at racking up Slam titles either it seems, at least in my book.

Sham Kay
06-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Sodingaling in 5.

Sophocles
06-01-2010, 12:30 PM
not happening.......sodermug cannot think and play, he is just a mad ball basher........the only thing which fed is good at is, he knows exactly how to handle these kind of one dimensional ball bashers who play right into his hands.......roddick, hewitt, davydenko, youzhny, robredo you name it........

This isn't right. This isn't even wrong.

Start da Game
06-01-2010, 12:41 PM
You call them ballbashers? :haha:

If I remember correctly Del Potro has beaten him the last 2 times they've played, and Berdych has beaten him the last time they've played, and those 2 are ballbashers. ;)

yes, not bashers in the exact sense as they don't generate as much power but definitely not so special either and are one dimensional for sure with limited thinking.......and no, i wouldn't term d-pot a basher, to me he is a very consistent power hitter who can think on his feet.......berdych is another story which i already told you........

marcRD
06-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Federer is kind of lucky that in this era almost everybody are a bunch of ballbashers like Hewitt and Robredo whom he can easily dominate.

ShotmaKer
06-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Federer is kind of lucky that in this era almost everybody are a bunch of ballbashers like Hewitt and Robredo whom he can easily dominate.

now there's some subtle sarcasm lol.

paseo
06-01-2010, 01:02 PM

Yeah, Hewitt and Robredo really hit the ball very hard. But Roddick, oh man, he's just in another level.

ToniTennis
06-01-2010, 01:44 PM
I personally like Nadal and don't especially want to see him lose. But I want to see him challenged. It's just getting boring watching him beat Federer 1000 times in exactly the same way.

Almagro - 0-6 vs Nadal and known to worship the ground Nadal walks on
Djokovic - 0 - 9 on clay and has no second serve.
Federer - 2-10 on clay. Both wins were on clay which plays differently from RG clay and Nadal was very tired for the second win.

It's just going to be a total cakewalk for him from the first round to the last. This is largely because he is the best claycourter by a mile but he has also been helped by the draw and the absence of Del Potro. To beat Nadal on clay you need enough firepower to be able to hit through him. Of the players left in the draw only Soderling and Berdych have it.

The best final for the tournament would be Soderling - Nadal.

But Novak, despite that horrible H2H you mention, was the one that precisely pushed Rafa to the limit in Madrid's semis of last year. Never mind the stats, he has not played that many bad matches against Nadal on clay. I dare to say that even the present Almagro, on a good day, has his chances, if not winning, at least to cause serious trouble.

Apemant
06-01-2010, 03:47 PM
This isn't right. This isn't even wrong.

Wolfgang Ernst Pauli. :worship:

My thoughts exactly. Incoherent ramblings such as the one you quoted would in fact be flattered to be called just 'wrong'.

:devil:

djb84xi
06-01-2010, 05:42 PM
I can't believe what I just saw. Fed's streak at the slams are OVER!!!!