Nadal: "I can win a lot of matches without run crazy all the time" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal: "I can win a lot of matches without run crazy all the time"

andy neyer
05-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Kind of interesting and it confirms the idea that Rafa is taking care of his physical shape by saving his energy for the times in which it matters the most.

Another interesting bit from the same interview:

I think I've played really well throughout the year here. That's true, that's not yet my best tennis. But if you look at the season in general, I think that my level is more or less the same. My level is good, and I've worked hard on this.
I've always practiced, believing that I could improve. Every day I practice, every match I play, I focus very much on the aspects I have to improve so as to reach the level I'd like to reach.
Then I try and reuse this experience during the matches I play. That means you have to practice a lot and gain confidence. I think that I have worked hard for a long period of time. And then, you know, when we work a lot, when we practice a lot, when we're very positive, when we're highly motivated, then after a while things go on nicely.
If it's not nicely, at least you're satisfied because there's nothing you could reproach yourself with.

http://www.zimbio.com/Rafael+Nadal/articles/Qhag3jLtGe7/Rafael+Nadal+French+Open+Tennis+Interview

@Sweet Cleopatra
05-30-2010, 12:21 AM
thanks for the interview.

Finally Rafa doing what he has to do, preserving the energy.

DwyaneWade
05-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Kind of interesting and it confirms the idea that Rafa is taking care of his physical shape by saving his energy for the times in which it matters the most.

Another interesting bit from the same interview:

I think I've played really well throughout the year here. That's true, that's not yet my best tennis. But if you look at the season in general, I think that my level is more or less the same. My level is good, and I've worked hard on this.
I've always practiced, believing that I could improve. Every day I practice, every match I play, I focus very much on the aspects I have to improve so as to reach the level I'd like to reach.
Then I try and reuse this experience during the matches I play. That means you have to practice a lot and gain confidence. I think that I have worked hard for a long period of time. And then, you know, when we work a lot, when we practice a lot, when we're very positive, when we're highly motivated, then after a while things go on nicely.
If it's not nicely, at least you're satisfied because there's nothing you could reproach yourself with.

http://www.zimbio.com/Rafael+Nadal/articles/Qhag3jLtGe7/Rafael+Nadal+French+Open+Tennis+Interview

Yes I have noticed this. A lot of times when he is up in games 40-0 or 40-15 he will let some balls go instead of hustling everything down. The only worry is that what really made him so great what his relentless drive and hunger and unwillingness to concede even a point. Something had to give I guess with the injuries.

andylovesaustin
05-30-2010, 01:12 AM
I do think Rafa or his camp must read MTF from time to time.