Nick's Picks: Day 11 || Haas in 4, possibly 5 sets... :o [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nick's Picks: Day 11 || Haas in 4, possibly 5 sets... :o

-wokkel-
09-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Tommy Haas vs. Lleyton Hewitt

Hewitt has looked like his past performances and has come alive again. He is moving extremely well, earning several free points from his serve. Once again, he is pumping his fists and raising his arms to those faithful Australian fans in the audience.

Haas has regained much of the form that he had when he was ranked No. 2 in the world just a few short years ago. His shoulder is healed, enabling his serves to reach 125-130 mph. Haas has realized that he needs to visit the net more and more, while still taking advantage of his killer forehand and serve.

Prediction: Hewitt will not melt down and knows that a longer match favors his style of play. Haas must have a very consistent serving day and, most important, act at all times as if he will be the winner. The match will have long rallies with all variations of play, including Haas' biting backhands. Haas in 4, possibly 5 sets.

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Tommy did train at his academy so what else did u think :tape:

Nick always picks his ex-pupils over anyone

the cat
09-09-2004, 05:33 PM
Nick's the best! :D

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-09-2004, 05:36 PM
It's a big match and therefore Haas will be found wanting and Hewitt will win.

Clara Bow
09-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Nick has such an affection for Tommy, it is sweet. Yes he was a pupil at Nick's academy but I also think that he is overjoyed that Tommy is finally coming back after his setbacks.

budikovac
09-09-2004, 05:42 PM
:haha: ...more likely Hewitt in 4!
Nick always picks his ex-pupils over anyone
but he did say Federer would beat Agassi! :scratch:

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 05:44 PM
:haha: ...more likely Hewitt in 4!

but he did say Federer would beat Agassi! :scratch:

Andre and Nick had a falling out sometime ago :o
they dont get on well

budikovac
09-09-2004, 06:13 PM
well I don't think that a couch could have a good relationship with any player after he leaves you... :shrug:

Havok
09-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Nick always goes for people who trained at his academy, it's a true fact. He picked Sharapova to make it to this year's USO semis over Justine.:bigcry: And last year he predicted Malisse over Roddick in the round of 16.:tears: that's just asking for it.:tape: Though a Tommy win is realistic, I'm not surprised Nick went with a Haas win here.;) I just want a good match.:D

Deboogle!.
09-09-2004, 06:37 PM
LOL Naldo I remember that last year... Malisse winning :bigcry:

It's ok Nick, Tommy will have his time :)

smucav
09-09-2004, 06:38 PM
well I don't think that a couch could have a good relationship with any player after he leaves you... According to the A&E Biography of AA a few weeks ago, Nick fired Agassi--not the other way around. Nick even admitted this on camera. Apparently there was some tension between them for a while, but then Nick just out of the blue sent AA a letter via his manager telling him he would no longer be coaching him. AA was stunned.

I had always assumed it was the other way around too.

Socket
09-09-2004, 06:52 PM
According to the A&E Biography of AA a few weeks ago, Nick fired Agassi--not the other way around. Nick even admitted this on camera. Apparently there was some tension between them for a while, but then Nick just out of the blue sent AA a letter via his manager telling him he would no longer be coaching him. AA was stunned.

I had always assumed it was the other way around too.

This is true. But there's a lot of messy stuff that preceded that letter, including money disputes and accusations (running both ways) of disloyalty. Suffice it to say that there's some bad blood there.

sol
09-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Haas is in troubles now (2-6 -0-2*). He's not able of manage the windy conditions out there right now... :o

KarstenBraasch#1
09-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Nick should have had a look at the weather report. :o

lucashg
09-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Triple 6-2 for Hewitt, I guess he was wrong. ;P