RG R3 Verdasco survives Kohlshreiber 2-6 6-3 6-3 6-7 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RG R3 Verdasco survives Kohlshreiber 2-6 6-3 6-3 6-7 6-4

ShotmaKer
05-29-2010, 05:15 PM
wow. epic fight from Nando.

HDW
05-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Great win Nando!!!

Iván
05-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Kohli deserved to win, terrible attitude on court by nando through out the match, its a slam you imbicile, enjoy it instead of moping about like a grade A puta

Priam
How was Nando's fitness in the 5th?

Björki
too big :smoke:

Jomp1
Wow Verdasco was really pumped up over the win.

Voo de Mar
05-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Nando :bigclap: At the end of the 4th set it looked like 6-2 or 6-3 for Kohlschreiber in the decider, and actually it looked similarly in the 5th set when the German led 3:2* (30-0).

RedFury
05-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Vamos Nando! Y con un par!

Awesome win.

HoistDaColors
05-29-2010, 05:19 PM
This match was a complete mess from both players. Neither brought any intensity from point 1. There were flashes of brilliance from both but almost never at the same time. One goes cold the other gets hot. At times, Kohli used his drop shot and net game effectively but often resorted to staying far back and hitting defensive shots. Verdasco, when out of his slumber, easily overpowers Kohlschreiber from the baseline but then followed it up with some DFs and BH UEs.

Overall, subpar performance from two listless players.

And please kohli fix your forehand and serve!

philosophicalarf
05-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Lack of belief by Kohly - the match was his for the taking today, Verdasco struggling physically again (how ****ing stupid was playing Nice? Jesus).

shadows
05-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Kohli you idiot :<

Roamed
Was the foot injury thing serious? Nice fight by Verdasco after that rubbish tiebreak either way.

Corey Feldman
Verdasco with amazing recovery from his injuries when he wins points and jumps around celebrating, isnt it

also amazing how he wants to hug his opponents at the net when he wins.. opposed to not shaking their hands or looking at them when he loses

doublebackhand
05-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Kohli is a perennial underachiever...he has more talent than only hovering around the 20s in rankings. he needs to screw his head a little tighter.

Filo V.
05-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Fernando fought, he played pretty well for a lot of the middle three sets, but there at the end of the 4th he was really struggling with his movement and toe/foot issues. It looked like Phillip could win in the 5th it but he just didn't have the belief really to get it done. Overall, Fernando just hits a better ball than Kohli, and he picked up the serving there at the end of the match. Both guys made errors, and were patchy, but there was a lot of drama.

Not looking good for Fernando vs. Almagro in the next round.

Priam
Nice attempted hug by Nando at the end. Almugro next.

oranges
How did Kohli manage to lose the fifth? Verdasco has played too much tennis lately and isn't that good in a 5-setter to begin with

HoistDaColors
05-29-2010, 05:28 PM
also amazing how he wants to hug his opponents at the net when he wins.. opposed to not shaking their hands or looking at them when he loses

haha i saw that too. and kohlschreiber seemed like he didn't want to be touched.

fran70
05-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Inspite of the result it was a great victory for Fernando. Overall it was not a good day for the Spaniards where Ferrero and Ferrer lost their matches where they were the favourites beforehand.

Ales_Alessandra
05-29-2010, 05:42 PM
:banana: :banana:

FER!! :sobbing: That was so intense!! I'm glad it's over with the result you wanted! :hug:

WHATEVER NOW!!! I know you want, let's see if body agrees with it!!! :awww:

shotgun
05-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Awful.

Verdasco and Almagro can now decide who gets to be abused by Nadal.

sheva07
05-29-2010, 05:48 PM
If Nando didn't play in Nice he won this in 3.

Pirata.
05-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Was the foot injury thing serious? Nice fight by Verdasco after that rubbish tiebreak either way.

Yeah, he's been dealing with foot problems since the American hard court swing last fall. Was supposed to get surgery but he would've missed the Davis Cup final and wouldn't have enough time to recover to prep for AO this year, so he hasn't gotten it yet.

DwyaneWade
05-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Verdasco better hope Almugro shows up. That way he won't have to do much running (FH error, BH error, DF, FH error, etc.)

FormerRafaFan
05-29-2010, 06:04 PM
I didn't watch this match, but did Nando really lose the tiebreak? wow.. He's gotten so good with the TB's lately, I'm surprised. Sad he had to play 5 sets when he could have closed it out in the 4th. It will definitely be a deal breaker against Almagro who only played 3 sets today.

Chris Waddle
05-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Verdasco with amazing recovery from his injuries when he wins points and jumps around celebrating, isnt it

I agree, that was pathetic. Please Almugro, beat that clown.

FlameOn
05-30-2010, 12:09 AM

I agree, that was pathetic. Please Almugro, beat that clown.

:baby: If Kohli didn't want to accept a friendly post-match hug then he's the sore loser not Nando.

Go Nando! :woohoo:

FlameOn
05-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Yeah, he's been dealing with foot problems since the American hard court swing last fall. Was supposed to get surgery but he would've missed the Davis Cup final and wouldn't have enough time to recover to prep for AO this year, so he hasn't gotten it yet.
I thought he'd got it in the off-season! :shout:

Kolya
05-30-2010, 02:48 AM
Failed the German people again.

Forehander
05-30-2010, 02:50 AM
Verdasco = whiney princess.

FlameOn
05-30-2010, 02:55 AM
Verdasco = whiney princess.
Forehander = Bitter hater. :nerner:

I_Dasco
05-30-2010, 04:27 AM
Is this the thread thats ppl goes here and disrespect Verdasco? This isnt Verdasco 's haters thread

straitup
05-30-2010, 04:30 AM
One of these days, Kohli is going to make me very proud by doing one of the following:
1) Upsetting an opponent and then backing it up in the next round
2) Getting past the first week of a slam

Tense ending but Verdasco came through...should be an interesting match against Almagro

MrChopin
05-30-2010, 04:35 AM

He'll still hug Nadal after the QF.

gorgo1986
05-30-2010, 07:13 AM
It looked like he was gonna win it in four but those 2 doubles in the eleventh game of the fourth set cost him a lot. The nail from his big toe was gone completely broken off and every time he would serve he cringed in pain. He had to take painkillers twice during the match. I am surprised but there was so much crowd support for Nando in this match. The day rest will do him good. I still see him making the Quarterfinals. Its a shame he faces Nadal, otherwise he could have made the semis.

ossie
05-30-2010, 07:24 AM
It looked like he was gonna win it in four but those 2 doubles in the eleventh game of the fourth set cost him a lot. The nail from his big toe was gone completely broken off and every time he would serve he cringed in pain. He had to take painkillers twice during the match. I am surprised but there was so much crowd support for Nando in this match. The day rest will do him good. I still see him making the Quarterfinals. Its a shame he faces Nadal, otherwise he could have made the semis.he has to face almagro first i believe

gorgo1986
05-30-2010, 07:28 AM
he has to face almagro first i believe

Like I said, I believe he will still make the QF's. He owns Almagro and that is not gonna change anytime soon. They have met three times on clay and Verdasco has never lost a set, his game sets up well against Nicolas. Verdasco will win it in three or four.

n8
05-30-2010, 07:34 AM
One of these days, Kohli is going to make me very proud by doing one of the following:
1) Upsetting an opponent and then backing it up in the next round
2) Getting past the first week of a slam

Tense ending but Verdasco came through...should be an interesting match against Almagro

Good points. He's been ranked between 22 and 41 since May 2007. He just seems incapable of getting on a hot streak for a decent period of time.

olimpo
05-30-2010, 07:38 AM

:yeah: spot-on!

gorgo1986
05-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Good points. He's been ranked between 22 and 41 since May 2007. He just seems incapable of getting on a hot streak for a decent period of time.

Kohli has got a lot of game but unfortunately he lacks the self belief. At least 50% of success in tennis is based on your mentality and that is where he concedes.

gorgo1986
05-30-2010, 07:47 AM
As for all the criticism Nando is getting, he has always been a hot head. He apologized for Nice profusely, there were two guys in the crowd hassling him after each point and he succumbed to his emotions. Everyone makes mistakes, ever heard the expression, "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones". It applies to a lot of the kids on this board.

HoistDaColors
05-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Kohli has got a lot of game but unfortunately he lacks the self belief. At least 50% of success in tennis is based on your mentality and that is where he concedes.

It's very true. I just watched his interview on the official website. He said something like he expected the match to be close but he didn't expect to win. When he was leading 4-0 in the 4th, he still looked like he was at a funeral. :awww:

I wonder what happened to the person who used to have the audacity to talk a lot of smack. He seems quite subdued lately.

FlameOn
05-30-2010, 10:36 AM
It looked like he was gonna win it in four but those 2 doubles in the eleventh game of the fourth set cost him a lot. The nail from his big toe was gone completely broken off and every time he would serve he cringed in pain. He had to take painkillers twice during the match. I am surprised but there was so much crowd support for Nando in this match. The day rest will do him good. I still see him making the Quarterfinals. Its a shame he faces Nadal, otherwise he could have made the semis.
Most players would get huge respect for the fight Nando showed today.

coonster14
05-30-2010, 12:53 PM
stuff the haters! VAMOS NANDO, almagro is next.

FormerRafaFan
05-30-2010, 01:04 PM

Why is this a bad thing? Spaniards are more touchy-feely, they like to hug and kiss on cheek, and what so? I don't see the big problem here..