RG R3 Djokovic def. Hanescu 6-3 3-6 6-3 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RG R3 Djokovic def. Hanescu 6-3 3-6 6-3 6-2

ShotmaKer
05-29-2010, 03:38 PM
2:38 again today. Nole has yet to find his best form in this tournament.

ossie
05-29-2010, 03:40 PM
djoker should beat verdasco here but will fall against rafa

Time Violation
05-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Crap serve most of the time, but the rest was not bad actually. 44 winners and some really great shots :)

alter ego
05-29-2010, 03:43 PM
djoker should beat verdasco here but will fall against rafa

Translation: Kohlschreiber should beat Djokovic just like he did last year, but his 1 handed BH dosen't stand a chance against Nadal.

MagicMilan
05-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Winner of Verdasco/Kohlschreiber could play Rafa in quarters, not Novak.
OT meh from Novak :shrug:
Though I like that the draw is opening up nicely :D

Priam
05-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Hanescu had his chances, but the better player won. Looking forward to Nole/Ferrero if it happens.

zcess81
05-29-2010, 03:47 PM
I thought apart from his serve, which was pretty bad (especially in 2nd set, a set which he virtually gifted to Hansesu with all those double errors), the rest of his game was excellent. His forehand was really, really good today and he was moving great, which is what won him the match. Luckily for Novak serve is not as crucial on clay as it is on the other surfaces, but there is no way he can do anything at Wimbledon if he doesn't fix that serve.

sheva07
05-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Probs for Frankenstein. Entertaining match.

ossie
05-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Translation: Kohlschreiber should beat Djokovic just like he did last year, but his 1 handed BH dosen't stand a chance against Nadal.nah i just failed at analyzing the draw properly

Noleta
05-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Great match form Novak today,lost his way in the second set with all those DF:)Enjoyed watching him hitting some impressive winners:dance:

rhinooooo
05-29-2010, 03:58 PM
I've seen most of his match with Nishi and now Hanescu.

He needs to sort that serve out, because everything else is working. The dropshot has been brilliant, the defending fantastic, aggressive deep shots. He could test Rafa if he plays like this. But that shithouse serve really saps his confidence and fucks it up.

zlaja777
05-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Great wake up in 4th set after 0:2.
Forhand was very good today but serve is still a bit of a problem.
Next up J.C.Fererro or Ginepri.

Commander Data
05-29-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm not yet impressed with Dojokovic. Seems to be struggeling a bit physically. Sure hope he will find peak form as the tournament goes on..otherwise it will be boring the see Nadal just run thru the draw without any test.

Sunset of Age
05-29-2010, 04:08 PM
I've seen most of his match with Nishi and now Hanescu.

He needs to sort that serve out, because everything else is working. The dropshot has been brilliant, the defending fantastic, aggressive deep shots. He could test Rafa if he plays like this. But that shithouse serve really saps his confidence and fucks it up.

This summs it up pretty well. It's merely that serve that's not working for Djoko, the rest of his game looks to be back to his Glory Days quality.
Sack Martin, Djoko! :(

Lee
05-29-2010, 04:16 PM
This summs it up pretty well. It's merely that serve that's not working for Djoko, the rest of his game looks to be back to his Glory Days quality.
Sack Martin, Djoko! :(

That's done :p

Johnny Groove
05-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Djokovic looked better today.

fran70
05-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Hanescu was a big test for Djoko and he managed to succeed on it. Probably he didn`t play his best tennis but definitely he is the biggest threat for Nadal`s goal to win the title.

Start da Game
05-29-2010, 05:35 PM
i just don't feel like watching djokovic's matches........i know exactly where his run ends and it's just sad for tennis that he is being made a scapegoat year after year for entertaining the retarded sheep all over the world on the big sunday.......they need that fragile player in the final to draw the sheep in on the big sunday and increase their revenue.......

i however did catch some action today of his match.......his forehand and serve are just not right these days.......

ShotmaKer
05-29-2010, 06:40 PM
i just don't feel like watching djokovic's matches........i know exactly where his run ends and it's just sad for tennis that he is being made a scapegoat year after year for entertaining the retarded sheep all over the world on the big sunday.......they need that fragile player in the final to draw the sheep in on the big sunday and increase their revenue.......

i however did catch some action today of his match.......his forehand and serve are just not right these days.......

Djokovic ain't in the semis yet. hope he makes it to the semis though. would... be... great... for... the... sheeps...

DwyaneWade
05-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Hanescu was never going to win this match with his movement. He made Djokovic look better than he actually was.

Djokovic is playing well of the ground, very solid, but without a confident serve he will lose to the first top player he meets. So of course he will make the SF.

Filo V.
05-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Pretty lucky the draw has opened up for him the way it has. He should beat Ginepri but I can see Melzer shocking him.

He's simply not the player he was right now. He's diminished. The serve is a real problem, and I don't think he is as confident/aggressive as he needs to be. He is still hitting the ball well though, so that's a good sign.

It's all in the head for him right now. In the condition he is in right now, he will be beaten pretty badly by Rafa.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
05-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Pretty lucky the draw has opened up for him the way it has. He should beat Ginepri but I can see Melzer shocking him.

He's simply not the player he was right now. He's diminished. The serve is a real problem, and I don't think he is as confident/aggressive as he needs to be. He is still hitting the ball well though, so that's a good sign.

It's all in the head for him right now. In the condition he is in right now, he will be beaten pretty badly by Rafa.

I watched a fair bit of this match and Djokovic's ground game seemed as good as ever. His problem is his serve (it's shit).

Start da Game
05-29-2010, 07:33 PM

what do you think about the forehand? just no consistency whatsoever......his forehand now is definitely not what it was a couple of years ago.......

DrJules
05-29-2010, 07:37 PM

If his forehand and serve are just not right these days how is his presence in the final better than the fragile player in the final.:confused:

Start da Game
05-29-2010, 07:45 PM
If his forehand and serve are just not right these days how is his presence in the final better than the fragile player in the final.:confused:

yes, he's still better than that fragile player against nadal on clay........

Amber Spyglass
05-29-2010, 07:57 PM
what do you think about the forehand? just no consistency whatsoever......his forehand now is definitely not what it was a couple of years ago.......

His forehand was very good today,he could hit it hard and flat,spin it up high and deep,get nice short cross court angles-the variety was impressive and consistent.There is only one thing f**king him up right now and preventing him from having a real shot here and that's the serve which is just....(dot dot dot to infinity :rolleyes:)