Gabashvili sending a message to Blake [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gabashvili sending a message to Blake

KrisJB
05-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Today Gabashvili proved that it is still possible to win matches by using a strong inside-out and down-the-line forehand and taking the ball early. That's the way he was beaten by James Blake at the US Open in 2006. Let's be hopeful that James will play the same way during the summer hardcourt season. It's not to late to play an open powerful game.

Young 8
05-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah, Blake can use this advice on the senior tour

Filo V.
05-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Gaba has heavier shots and a much better backhand than James. James hits flatter and cleaner. I think Gaba has slightly more power, and James has more pace on his shots. Their court positioning is also different, Blake stands inside the baseline, Gaba generally stands a little behind it.

It is definitely possible to play an all-out ball bashing game and win, but Gaba and Blake really aren't too similar in the way they produce their games.

If James really wants to get back to the top, he needs to get the movement/footwork back he's lost.

marcRD
05-29-2010, 01:27 PM

:lol:

DwyaneWade
05-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Gaba has heavier shots and a much better backhand than James. James hits flatter and cleaner. I think Gaba has slightly more power, and James has more pace on his shots. Their court positioning is also different, Blake stands inside the baseline, Gaba generally stands a little behind it.

It is definitely possible to play an all-out ball bashing game and win, but Gaba and Blake really aren't too similar in the way they produce their games.

If James really wants to get back to the top, he needs to get the movement/footwork back he's lost.

You don't get movement back as you get older. Blake is done, look back at 2006 TMC and see how beautifully he used to glide around the court.

ServeAlready81
05-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Blake + Clay just don't mix.

Everko
08-25-2010, 04:35 PM
I am impressed the few times I seen Gabashvilli. I wonder if he can be betetr in rankings.

Blake is lost, he's done

Certinfy
08-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Oh Lord :haha:

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Like I said in May, they both like to hit the ball hard as they can, but they do it in different ways. Different stroke production, different footwork, different types of shots they hit, different court positioning, different in terms of individual favorite surface. They aren't similar players.

tennishero
08-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Like I said in May, they both like to hit the ball hard as they can, but they do it in different ways. Different stroke production, different footwork, different types of shots they hit, different court positioning, different in terms of individual favorite surface. They aren't similar players.

:zzz:

must you over analyse everything, you act as if you created tennis...

Everko
08-25-2010, 05:33 PM
:zzz:

must you over analyse everything.. you act like you created tennis.

I sorta agree. Flyboy acts as though his opinion is tennis fact

Johnny_Bravo
08-25-2010, 05:40 PM

this :worship:

respect flyboy

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 09:51 PM
this :worship:

respect flyboy

Thank you :wavey:

Check out my sig, haters. Read and learn peeps.