RG R3: Gabashvili def. Roddick 6-4 6-4 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RG R3: Gabashvili def. Roddick 6-4 6-4 6-2

samanosuke
05-29-2010, 12:05 PM
When I am watching Roodick playing on clay I really can't understand how this man was a #1 and so many years in top 10 , how he is a GS winner and how he has played 5 GS finals . He is just incapable to do anything , harmless and pathetic . And why every year at RG he is getting main courts to play on . He deserves some unknown court surrounded with bushes that he can hide that disgrace of his clay game .

Pretty good stuff from Teimuraz

ShotmaKer
05-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Teimuraz, you fuken legend. would have loved to see Andy go further in this tournament though.

Action Jackson
Excellent display from Gabashvili, aggressive play and not just random ballbashing.

Roddick was bitchy the whole time and had his dialogue with Bernades the whole time at the end asking him who his supervisor was.

:wavey: clay tourist.

thegreendestiny
Gabashov played so well Andy looked clueless. :worship:

orangehat
:spit:

Gabashvili in the 4th round :rolls:

Roddick :tape:

TheBoiledEgg
just sublime Teimuraz :bowdown: :D

just comical Duck :spit: :haha:

Black Adam
05-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Who cares? :p

3 matches on clay this season shows you his interest.

Filo V.
05-29-2010, 12:07 PM
You give this savage fucker time to hit the ball, and he will destroy even the best of players. Not many hit the ball as aggressively, hard and clean as Gaba can.

That was such a good performance!!!!!! I knew he could do it, but damn!!!!!! :worship: I'm so proud.

GasquetFan
05-29-2010, 12:08 PM
WOOHOO!!!! :woohoo:

Good on ya Gabashvili

Dini
Gabashvili winning 6 matches out of bloody nowhere.

Wow.

Jimnik
Too good Gabashvili.

Andy never had a chance against an in-form player who prepared properly for RG.

scoobs
Just the four threads?

Your star is waning, Roddick.

Filo V.
He needs to play like this more often, obviously. But everyone thinking this was going to be easy for Andy were always wrong.

orangehat
Btw: Gabashvili has lost 20 games so far, the same number as Djokovic (but Djokovic has played a match less :spit:)

Gabashvili to win RG 2010 :rocker2:

rhinooooo
Pure ownage

Corey Feldman
05-29-2010, 12:09 PM
boy that was a slapping

mics picked up Roddick telling Gabashvili "you're not cocky enough to be that good"

Geo
05-29-2010, 12:09 PM
:haha: :rolls: :bigclap: :hatoff:

who would have thought the headcase Gabashvili would be able to hold his nerve and send rusty Roddick packing?

good job. Roddick's luck ran out a round earlier this year :)

Filo V.
05-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Gabashvili winning 6 matches out of bloody nowhere.

Wow.
That's his career story. It's what you get with him. The switch is generally off, but when it's on, he's extremely dangerous.

Voo de Mar
05-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Embarrassing scoreline for Roddick against a player like Gabashvili :o

GasquetFan
05-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Excellent display from Gabashvili, aggressive play and not just random ballbashing.

Roddick was bitchy the whole time and had his dialogue with Bernades the whole time at the end asking him who his supervisor was.

:wavey: clay tourist.

He always carries on like that whenever he is losing :o

ShotmaKer
05-29-2010, 12:12 PM
first time Andy goes out to a player from the qualies in a GS, according to the commentator. is that any true ?

ossie
real clown this roddick

Nathaliia
Hahah poor from Roddick, but I guess everyone saw it coming :D

Apparently Gaba is a much more cocky dude than Roddick in terms of behaviour.

Jimnik
Gabashvili:

68 winners, 20 UEs

What can you do? :shrug:

nobama
05-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Gimelstob, ESPN and NBC in mourning. :sad:

Chris 84
When I am watching Roodick playing on clay I really can't understand how this man was a #1 and so many years in top 10 , how he is a GS winner and how he has played 5 GS finals . He is just incapable to do anything , harmless and pathetic . And why every year at RG he is getting main courts to play on . He deserves some unknown court surrounded with bushes that he can hide that disgrace of his clay game .

Pretty good stuff from Teimuraz

he gets to play on good courts cos there is always the potential of an upset, pretty much regardless of who he plays :shrug: id rather pay to see a potential upset than a one-sided borefest like fed v reister or rafa v zeballos :shrug:

GasquetFan
Hahah poor from Roddick, but I guess everyone saw it coming :D

Apparently Gaba is a much more cocky dude than Roddick in terms of behaviour.

Is that humanly possible? :eek:

chewy
58 winners from Gabashvili, sweet!

SwiSha
05-29-2010, 12:14 PM
pwned

Geo
05-29-2010, 12:15 PM
:spit: really pathetic how whenever Roddick is losing he starts picking fights with the umpires :o :tape: good to see him out. Hopefully he'll lose this early at Wimbledon too :angel:

yeah ITA Roddick doesn't deserve to constantly be on the biggest courts all the time...

Patrick McEnroe must be crying his poor little eyes out now :awww:

Jimnik
05-29-2010, 12:16 PM
RAndy only hit 4 aces all match. So not only was Gabashvili cracking winners all over the place, he was returning exceptionally well. It was just too good.

Wouldn't surprise me if he turns out to be another Verkerk 2003.

Calidreth
05-29-2010, 12:17 PM
You people don't watch tennis. Was obvious Gabash was going to beat Roddick on clay. Roddick will rebound and get to the finals of Wimbledon again though, hopefully this time with Federer not there. Credit to Gabash, will watch him the rest of this tournament.

Heather1229
05-29-2010, 12:18 PM
He never said the chair umpire sucked today. There was an issue with the balls getting wet from the puddles on the tarps and Carlos said it happens every year, so Andy wanted to know if it happened every year why wasn't it fixed and he wanted to know who the supervisor of groundskeeping was, never said anyone sucked, again people check your facts.

oranges
05-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Gaba :worship: :worship: :worship:

Jimnik
05-29-2010, 12:20 PM
You people don't watch tennis. Was obvious Gabash was going to beat Roddick on clay. Roddick will rebound and get to the finals of Wimbledon again though, hopefully this time with Federer not there. Credit to Gabash, will watch him the rest of this tournament.
Indeed, he usually makes the Wimby final after reaching 2nd round of RG. It's his warm-up event.

Filo V.
05-29-2010, 12:21 PM
RAndy only hit 4 aces all match. So not only was Gabashvili cracking winners all over the place, he was returning exceptionally well. It was just too good.

Wouldn't surprise me if he turns out to be another Verkerk 2003.

I sort of hope he doesn't, because he would have no chance in hell to defend the points.

Then again, he's the type that when he gets hot, there aren't many players who can stop him. Obviously someone with more pace on their balls and better movement will have a better chance than Andy did today.

orangehat
05-29-2010, 12:22 PM

:spit:

Believe me, MTFers take their tennis very seriously.

jaana
05-29-2010, 12:24 PM
boy that was a slapping

mics picked up Roddick telling Gabashvili "you're not cocky enough to be that good"
lol, I thought Gaba was quite cocky, at some point he was asking the ref by how much he's leading already :rolls:

at first Timur was trying to only play to Roddick's backhand, but later in the match hit a lot to the forehand as well, it didn't get any better for the ducky.

and together with some snide comments from Russian Eurosport 2 commentator, this was pure comedy, both guys very animated and some shiny winners from Gabashvili.

btw, appearantly Gaba said in some interview before RG started, that his aim is to reach the QF...

Action Jackson
05-29-2010, 12:24 PM
He never said the chair umpire sucked today. There was an issue with the balls getting wet from the puddles on the tarps and Carlos said it happens every year, so Andy wanted to know if it happened every year why wasn't it fixed and he wanted to know who the supervisor of groundskeeping was, never said anyone sucked, again people check your facts.

Roddick was getting smashed, so he was looking to blame other factors. Did Gabashvili have to hit different tennis balls?

Action Jackson
05-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Indeed, he usually makes the Wimby final after reaching 2nd round of RG. It's his warm-up event.

He will be fine for Wimbledon.

Jimnik
05-29-2010, 12:27 PM
I sort of hope he doesn't, because he would have no chance in hell to defend the points.

Then again, he's the type that when he gets hot, there aren't many players who can stop him. Obviously someone with more pace on their balls and better movement will have a better chance than Andy did today.
Andy certainly should have been more aggressive. He never stood a chance hitting soft loopy balls right into Gabashvili's hitting zone. Obviously he assumed there would eventually be a mental breakdown with loads of errors. Never gonna happen when he's on a 5 match winning streak.

superslam77
05-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Clay still clay.

green25814
05-29-2010, 12:31 PM
:lol: Bye Rodders.

Watching American clay clowns get battered by no-name players at RG is so fun.

petar_pan
05-29-2010, 12:33 PM
taimuraz mi je ko buraz

shadows
05-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Always the chance of Roddick getting upset, but I'm amazed that Gabashvili butchered him

SwedSerbia
05-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Well done Gaba! :worship:

djb84xi
05-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Hahahahaha!!!! Roddick got his tail whipped! What a pathetic performance once again by the American men in Paris. I will NOT miss them at all. So long, Andy!!!.....and take your plastic blow-up doll of a wife with you.

Jomp1
05-29-2010, 12:45 PM
I won't be loosing sleep over this result!

Corey Feldman
05-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Hahahahaha!!!! Roddick got his tail whipped! What a pathetic performance once again by the American men in Paris. I will NOT miss them at all. So long, Andy!!!.....and take your plastic blow-up doll of a wife with you.that is harsh :eek:

oranges
05-29-2010, 12:48 PM

:rolls:

zethand
05-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Lol!

Filo V.
05-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Andy certainly should have been more aggressive. He never stood a chance hitting soft loopy balls right into Gabashvili's hitting zone. Obviously he assumed there would eventually be a mental breakdown with loads of errors. Never gonna happen when he's on a 5 match winning streak.

Exactly. He allowed Gaba, an ultra-red hot ballbasher, to play the way he wanted and dominate, and that's really the end of the story.

misty1
05-29-2010, 01:04 PM
very nice from gaba, really happy for him.

vn01
05-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Gaba :worship:

It's better for Andy to lose this match.He will prepare for the grass season,then he will play at Queens and he will be ready for Wimbledon.I don't think Roddick will win Wimbledon,or make the final there.I give him a QF.:)

andylovesaustin
05-29-2010, 01:10 PM
:spit: really pathetic how whenever Roddick is losing he starts picking fights with the umpires :o :tape: good to see him out. Hopefully he'll lose this early at Wimbledon too :angel:

yeah ITA Roddick doesn't deserve to constantly be on the biggest courts all the time...

Patrick McEnroe must be crying his poor little eyes out now :awww:

I ain't watching this shit if Andy is letting his mouth run again because he's losing.

As far as Andy saying Gaba not being good enough to be that cocky, well he's sure as hell good enough to thrash Andy on clay, so the Duck needs to go find a pond to swim in!

And Patrick McEnroe? I didn't see the match, so I don't know what he said. Generally speaking, I can't stand the guy. I've already vented about him in another thread.. But suffice to say, there was a time American men were actually able to compete at the French Open!

I blame apologists like Patrick and John McEnroe for always making excuses for this generation of players while at the same time kissing somebody like Pete Sampras' ass for claiming he's even in contention for GOAT even though he never even made it to the French Open final.

It's a GLARING weakness that this generation of American men can't compete on clay. To me, in a way it's just indicative of this attitude of not really taking the time to "learn" about other countries.

Anyway, congrats to Gabasvili! I don't care if the guy is "cocky" or not. He had game enough to beat Andy, so who the hell cares? At least he can back-up his cockiness on clay.

Yeah.. I was delusionally supporting Andy for the win, but..I don't know why I expected a different result. And if Andy really behaved like an ass, I just don't know why I think anything is going to be different.

Rather than coming up with all these little quips, it might behoove him to focus a bit more on being able to compete on clay. If he spent nearly as much energy working on "his game" rather than running his mouth when going gets tough, maybe he'd have different results.

"Gaba's not good enough to be that cocky," my ass. Uh well Andy.. that's like the pot calling the kettle black as far as clay is concerned! Yeah.. Rafa, Roger, and some others might be able to say that to a guy like Gaba, but not YOU! So sit-down and shut up! :shout:

Drugs Ruin Lives
05-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Roddick sucks on clay.

nobama
05-29-2010, 01:18 PM
I blame apologists like Patrick and John McEnroe for always making excuses for this generation of players while at the same time kissing somebody like Pete Sampras' ass for claiming he's even in contention for GOAT even though he never even made it to the French Open final.

It's a GLARING weakness that this generation of American men can't compete on clay. To me, in a way it's just indicative of this attitude of not really taking the time to "learn" about other countries.Brad Gilbert was pimping Isner to beat Berdych and then yesterday is all perplexed as to why John got thrashed. But here in the USA the commentators quite often refer to players as clay courters, yet never would dare call Isner or Querrey a 'hard courter'. As far as they're concerned clay is an inferior surface (ESPN let TTC take the rights for RG) and I'm sure PMac and company will excuse this loss away saying the conditions were slow (even though Gabashvili was able to hit 58 winners) and Roddick is focused on grass, etc.

gulzhan
05-29-2010, 01:19 PM
:eek:

federernadalfan
05-29-2010, 01:20 PM
:lol:
roddick the clay goat lost well

croat123
05-29-2010, 01:22 PM
i can't believe roddick fans thought the last two matches meant he was playing well :haha: duck was ridiculously lucky with the draw this year (and still struggled big time).

Corey Feldman
05-29-2010, 01:27 PM
hopefully he gets Gasquet, Karlovic, Gulbis first 3 rounds of his Wimbledon draw

Heather1229
05-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Andylovesaustin: Andy never ever said anything about Gabshvilli being cocky. Whomever originally quoted that nonsense, made it up. Watched the whole match and he muttered to himself the whole time about how shitty he was playing not saying anything about Gabashvilli.

Let's be real folks this is hardly a surprise, you're acting as if this is the greatest thing on earth, so shocking and earth shattering, it's clay, Andy can lose to anyone on clay, anytime, anywhere. Give it a rest, sucky conditions, crappy play, better play by opponent= a loss. If this were Wimbledon or the US Open it would be a big deal, this is nothing.

Matt01
05-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Andy :bigwave:

Hahahahaha!!!! Roddick got his tail whipped!

Two rounds too late, though :mad:

Jimnik
05-29-2010, 01:30 PM
hopefully he gets Gasquet, Karlovic, Gulbis first 3 rounds of his Wimbledon draw
What has Gaba done to deserve that?

andylovesaustin
05-29-2010, 01:38 PM
i can't believe roddick fans thought the last two matches meant he was playing well :haha: duck was ridiculously lucky with the draw this year (and still struggled big time).

It's not so much Andy "lost," for me anyway. Sure, I'd like to see him win. I'd like to see him play well even in losing.

But if what you all are saying is true, and Andy started making these assinine remarks because he can't compete.. well that's just ridiculous. Who is Andy Roddick to say Gaba isn't good enough to be that cocky? Did he really say that?:confused: I can't believe he said that.

Andy might be ranked in the top ten overall, but he ain't good enough to be shooting-off his mouth at the French.

I was looking up some info. about French Open champions the other day, and as I said there was a time American men were actually competitive at the French. What the hell happened over the past 10 years?

So Andy-- being the ONLY American man left standing (right?) needs to stfu!:shout:

And some of these American commentators who can be so critical and dismissive of other players, with their little quips here and there, need to stfu, too. At the end of the day, they look like fools.

A lot of people don't like the Williams sisters.. fair enough. But at least they come to compete at the French. They just don't show-up because it's an obligatory tournament or something like that. :shout: At least they express the DESIRE and CONFIDENCE to win!

I'm sick of American men.. "Oh.. this is just not "our" surface." Boo hoo. :shout:

andylovesaustin
05-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Andylovesaustin: Andy never ever said anything about Gabshvilli being cocky. Whomever originally quoted that nonsense, made it up. Watched the whole match and he muttered to himself the whole time about how shitty he was playing not saying anything about Gabashvilli.

Let's be real folks this is hardly a surprise, you're acting as if this is the greatest thing on earth, so shocking and earth shattering, it's clay, Andy can lose to anyone on clay, anytime, anywhere. Give it a rest, sucky conditions, crappy play, better play by opponent= a loss. If this were Wimbledon or the US Open it would be a big deal, this is nothing.

Well thanks for clarifying, and that's good to know!

But still.. overall I stand by what I say about American men being sort of dismissive of the French. Clay is just not "our" surface. Boo hoo. Nevermind Venus and Serena go in with the attitude they can actually compete... not just show-up.

GasquetFan
05-29-2010, 01:43 PM
It's not so much Andy "lost," for me anyway. Sure, I'd like to see him win. I'd like to see him play well even in losing.

But if what you all are saying is true, and Andy started making these assinine remarks because he can't compete.. well that's just ridiculous. Who is Andy Roddick to say Gaba isn't good enough to be that cocky? Did he really say that?:confused: I can't believe he said that.

Andy might be ranked in the top ten overall, but he ain't good enough to be shooting-off his mouth at the French.

I was looking up some info. about French Open champions the other day, and as I said there was a time American men were actually competitive at the French. What the hell happened over the past 10 years?

So Andy-- being the ONLY American man left standing (right?) needs to stfu!:shout:

And some of these American commentators who can be so critical and dismissive of other players, with their little quips here and there, need to stfu, too. At the end of the day, they look like fools.

A lot of people don't like the Williams sisters.. fair enough. But at least they come to compete at the French. They just don't show-up because it's an obligatory tournament or something like that. :shout: At least they express the DESIRE and CONFIDENCE to win!

I'm sick of American men.. "Oh.. this is just not "our" surface." Boo hoo. :shout:

The cocky joke is in reference to this: http://accelerateddecrepitude.blogspot.com/2009/06/andy-roddick-is-dick.html

I don't believe he repeated it during today's match.

andylovesaustin
05-29-2010, 01:46 PM
The cocky joke is in reference to this: http://accelerateddecrepitude.blogspot.com/2009/06/andy-roddick-is-dick.html

I don't believe he repeated it during today's match.

Thanks for the clarification.

nobama
05-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Nevermind Venus and Serena go in with the attitude they can actually compete... not just show-up.Can't really compare. Venus and Serena play it like it's a hard court and more often than not they're able to outhit their opponents (even in slower conditions). Should be interesting though if Serena meets Henin in the quarters.

oranges
05-29-2010, 01:47 PM

I think Corey was joking ;) And even if he said it , which he didn't, this one would actually be funny more than asinine IMO since it's the other way around (not cocky enough).

andylovesaustin
05-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Can't really compare. Venus and Serena play it like it's a hard court and more often than not they're able to outhit their opponents (even in slower conditions). Should be interesting though if Serena meets Henin in the quarters.

The larger point I'm making is that there was a time American MEN had success at the French.

In my opinion, there is this whole sort of dismissive attitude about the French as far as American men and has been for years now! It might just be my perception, but I'm just sick of reading and hearing.. well American men just not good on clay.. blah, blah, blah. :mad:

There was a time American men could at least COMPETE... and even win on clay. So it can be done. It's just THIS generation of American men can't seem to figure it out.. or don't train for it.. Or... I don't know what.

Mateya
05-29-2010, 01:56 PM
:haha:
I watched this match and what a Rod commedy it was. He was doing everything except playing proper tennis. :rolls: Having multiple chats with an umpire, these umpires really earn their money in matches involving Roddick.

What is Gabashvili doing outside top100? :speakles:
This was amazing performance and he destroyed in form Žemlja 6-2 6-1 6-1 in the 2nd round and crazy Dani in 1st round as well.

Melzer / Ferrer next in the 4th round. :cool: I can see him beating Meltzer...

Priam
05-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Only Ginepri left. Damn.

nobama
05-29-2010, 02:12 PM
The larger point I'm making is that there was a time American MEN had success at the French.

In my opinion, there is this whole sort of dismissive attitude about the French as far as American men and has been for years now! It might just be my perception, but I'm just sick of reading and hearing.. well American men just not good on clay.. blah, blah, blah. :mad:

There was a time American men could at least COMPETE... and even win on clay. So it can be done. It's just THIS generation of American men can't seem to figure it out.. or don't train for it.. Or... I don't know what.No you're right. It's obvious Roddick blew off the clay season this year and is putting all his eggs in the Wimbledon basket. Seemed like Querrey and Isner put in the effort, but then they both had really bad losses at RG. Hopefully in the future they'll plan their schedules better so they're fresh for RG.

TMJordan
05-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Finally Gaba showing what he is made of. (even though Roddick is shit on clay. :D)

This one goes out to Tangy. :kiss:

elessar
05-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Dedicated to Tangerine Dream :D

Corey Feldman
05-29-2010, 02:29 PM
:singer: this one goes out to tangerine dream

andylovesaustin
05-29-2010, 02:41 PM
No you're right. It's obvious Roddick blew off the clay season this year and is putting all his eggs in the Wimbledon basket. Seemed like Querrey and Isner put in the effort, but then they both had really bad losses at RG. Hopefully in the future they'll plan their schedules better so they're fresh for RG.

Didn't Andy Murray spend some time in Spain working with Rafa?

I thought I read that somewhere. :shrug:

It might be too late for the American men now to take off or figure out a way to spend some time "training" on clay in Europe--and I'm not talking about necessarily playing lead-up tournaments. I'm talking more about developing a strategy to where they could make some adjustments in their game in order to have better success at the French.

I just don't think winning the French seems like a priority for American men at least, and hasn't been for a while. And it should be.

I sort of blame the McEnroe's because it seems they have NEVER been real fans of the French Open--even John. It just seems to me they're always... "Well, it's not "our" best surface. So.. this attitude sort of trickles down to the players.

Nevermind.. there were Americans who had success there.

I think it's gonna take more than just playing lead-up matches. I really think it's more about learning to make adjustments to their game to compete better, adding some components..

And I think the up-and-coming Americans should maybe spend some time training with the best on clay sort of like Andy Murray did with RAfa.. or that was my impression he spent some time with Rafa.

Smoke944
05-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Just the four threads?

:lol:

Not terribly surprisingly, Andy Roddick on SL = loss.
He could have made the QF now, but in the end I don't think he really cares that much. If he did want to really do well here he wouldn't have ignored the whole damn clay season.

Congrats to Gaba, he has really made a great run here.

Tyler_Durden
05-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Roddick didn't want to risk reaching the semis in case he missed the Johnathan Ross show so he decided to just tank instead.

peribsen
05-29-2010, 02:45 PM

There was a time American men could at least COMPETE... and even win on clay. So it can be done. It's just THIS generation of American men can't seem to figure it out.. or don't train for it.. Or... I don't know what.

If I was American, I'd be more worried by the fact that there was a time when American men could win a slam, period. It's not like if they were failing in Paris but whacking it up elsewhere, no yank has taken WB since 2000 nor NY or AO since 2003. This is getting close to becoming the worst dry age of US tennis.

andylovesaustin
05-29-2010, 02:53 PM
If I was American, I'd be more worried by the fact that there was a time when American men could win a slam, period. It's not like if they were failing in Paris but whacking it up elsewhere, no yank has taken WB since 2000 nor NY or AO since 2003. This is getting close to becoming the worst dry age of US tennis.

Well part of it is Roger's, and secondarily Rafa's dominence. A lot of countries are in the same boat. And it's not like the Americans can't "compete" on other surfaces. It's not like Andy Roddick hasn't made it to the finals of Wimby, for example! :rolls: James Blake has had his successes even though he hasn't won a grand slam.

With the French Open, it's like they haven't been able to "compete" in a long time. And it's as if they don't even care. That's what gripes me.

freeandlonely
05-29-2010, 02:53 PM
:bigwave:

stebs
05-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Roddick was average as to be expected by Gaba was smacking winners from everywhere, the pushing gave Roddick no joy today and he didn't really have much of a plan B when it was clear Gaba wasn't going to collapse mentally. Too good and big congratulations for reaching the fourth round, huge achievement for a player of Teimuraz stature. :yeah:

andylovesaustin
05-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Spending time training in other countries would be acknowledging that other countries might just be doing something right...which SOME Americans just don't want to do.

God forbid acknowledging Rafa might actually be able to teach some Americans a thing or two about playing on clay.

I mean a lot of people make fun of Jim Courier.. but you know. I recall he always embraced the French culture to a certain extent.

It's like these guys just can't wait to leave.

I'm gonna be like Heya.. I guess Andy wants to high-tail it back to the U.S. to be with his wife who apparently is promoting her new movie--or she's filming it? I don't know what. I saw her doing a hula dance on Entertainment tonight!

I'm just kidding.. but.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

oranges
05-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Is this Gaba's first top 10 win?

GasquetFan
05-29-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm gonna be like Heya.. I guess Andy wants to high-tail it back to the U.S. to be with his wife who apparently is promoting her new movie--or she's filming it? I don't know what. I saw her doing a hula dance on Entertainment tonight!

She just finished the movie like a week ago and flew out to Paris straight away.

Don't ask me how I know that. :o

kindling
05-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Roddick just wanted to get back to Hawaii. Pathetic.

Corey Feldman
05-29-2010, 03:55 PM
why has T_G not posted here yet?

marquez
05-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Gaba :worship: :yeah:

finally lives up to his potential it seems

Calidreth
05-29-2010, 04:05 PM
why has T_G not posted here yet?

Probably because this is expected.

scarecrows
05-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Gaba :woohoo:

one of my favs beating the Duck, priceless

njnetswill
05-29-2010, 04:28 PM
ESPN can't waste my viewing time showing Roddick anymore :yeah:

But Ginepri :unsure:

JediFed
05-29-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't know which is funnier. Duck haters hating on his loss, or Duck haters hating on his wins.

heya
05-29-2010, 04:35 PM
I ain't watching this shit if Andy is letting his mouth run again because he's losing.
And Patrick McEnroe? I didn't see the match, so I don't know what he said.

It's a GLARING weakness that this generation of American men can't compete on clay. To me, in a way it's just indicative of this attitude of not really taking the time to "learn" about other countries.

Anyway, congrats to Gabasvili! I don't care if the guy is "cocky" or not. He had game enough to beat Andy, so who the hell cares? At least he can back-up his cockiness on clay.

Rather than coming up with all these little quips, it might behoove him to focus a bit more on being able to compete on clay. If he spent nearly as much energy working on "his game" rather than running his mouth when going gets tough, maybe he'd have different results. Cultist Federer/Roddick fans convince themselves that we're jealous of the blow-up doll wife?
It's good to laugh at dimwit Arod,...he never played tennis for respect. I just see his arrogant bragging about how his brother & mother made him so happy on tour. He took over Tennis Channel with his crazed money-making commercial again. Why advertise how much money he & his loser mother made? He shouldn't have the fame & TV coverage with his dignity-less behavior & junk food-abused body. I'm glad I didn't watch him for years. :o
6 years ago at a televised charity match, James Blake laughed at Roddick's obsession with models & Mandy Moore. Roddick was just feeling satisfied with his free money & fake "never say no to tennis exhibitions for charity money" bullcrap. He's thrilled by how self-righteous & lucky & ignorant he looks.
That way, he "believes" he could get away with mindless praising for opponents to excuse his own laziness & passionless attitude about 'playing' matches.
In the other extreme, he 'thinks' it's ok to look
bad after years of welcoming the media's disrespect. He is so delusional that he sees nothing wrong with opponents witnessing his self-abuse & manipulation of other people (fans, tournament promoters, the press, umpire).

tangerine_dream
05-29-2010, 04:39 PM
I didn't see the match. :shrug: I mourn Gary Coleman's death more than I do Clay Duck's loss. :crying2:

The only thing I care about is that Andy escapes the clay season without an injury, woot! Onwards now to playing real tennis on a real surface like grass. :p

Just the four threads?

Ferrer's loss with a bagel is the upset of the tournament but it's Roddick with all the threads and comments. Booyah!

This one goes out to Tangy. :kiss:

Dedicated to Tangerine Dream :D

:singer: this one goes out to tangerine dream
:kiss: to my fans for thinking of me. I appreciate it.

ESPN can't waste my viewing time showing Roddick anymore :yeah:
As long as the Williams and Sharapova are alive, may your agony continue. :D

River
05-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Sucky/Losing Andy = Multiple Threads/Posts
Good/Winning Andy = One Thread/No one Posts

lol

Andy got spanked, though. Not surprised. He always did suck on clay, the Davis Cup proves that multiple times.

Mark my words, Andy Roddick will win RG at 2012.

End of the F'n World.

Everko
05-29-2010, 04:43 PM
This clown should be nearing retirement by now.

Smoke944
05-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Gaba :woohoo:

one of my favs beating the Duck, priceless

Enjoy it

andylovesaustin
05-29-2010, 05:00 PM
She just finished the movie like a week ago and flew out to Paris straight away.

Don't ask me how I know that. :o

Oh.. well I stand corrected. I just saw Entertainment tonight last night.. I think it was last night, and she was hula dancing! It must have been taped!

I don't know which is funnier. Duck haters hating on his loss, or Duck haters hating on his wins.

At the end of the day it's ALL pretty funny! It's just tennis, for crying outloud!

But that doesn't mean I have to be "happy" about Andy Roddick losing--what's his world ranking now--or the FACT that the #1 American player just sucks at RG! All the current AMericans players suck at RG or there'd be at least one left standing!
Dayum Lleyton Hewitt has more heart, and he's got two bad hips!

And then to hear and read American sports writers and commentators just..ho-hum.. Americans just don't do well on clay, but wait until Wimby! Then we'll show em! :rolleyes:

Lest we forget, historically, it's not necessarily true top American men players have sucked at RG. The truth is THIS generation of American men tennis players don't COMPETE well at the French Open specifically, but that hasn't always been the case.

Dang.. these players are set for life financially. So no, I just don't give them a pass to the next tournament, blowing-off their suckery at this MAJOR event! :rolls:

heya
05-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Roddick certainly can't find a job in radio & tennis commentating
because he'd be a hypocrite & shamelessly unamusing.
After the Wimbledon loss, he joked to his radio host friend about
how good the radio job looked. LOL
He used to look young & innocent. Now he's a timebomb waiting to destruct.
He can't even arrive to a tournament without his excuses planned a year beforehand. He's winning jackass shit.
If he thinks a Wimbledon & US Open title could save his family's dignity, he must be joking. Even Federer has more respect for Djokovic's family.

Roddickominator
05-29-2010, 05:32 PM
The only thing I care about is that Andy escapes the clay season without an injury, woot! Onwards now to playing real tennis on a real surface like grass. :p

Pretty much this. Not getting injured during the clay season is basically a victory for Roddick.

Expected loss here early at RG....enjoy it while you can, haters. Congrats to the Gabasher, he's in good form.

KostyaTszyu
05-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Roddick certainly can't find a job in radio & tennis commentating
because he'd be a hypocrite & shamelessly unamusing.
After the Wimbledon loss, he joked to his radio host friend about
how good the radio job looked. LOL
He used to look young & innocent. Now he's a timebomb waiting to destruct.
He can't even arrive to a tournament without his excuses planned a year beforehand. He's winning jackass shit.
If he thinks a Wimbledon & US Open title could save his family's dignity, he must be joking. Even Federer has more respect for Djokovic's family.

His family? People who rant like this usually get put under suicide watch.

KostyaTszyu
05-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Pretty much this. Not getting injured during the clay season is basically a victory for Roddick.

Expected loss here early at RG....enjoy it while you can, haters. Congrats to the Gabasher, he's in good form.

Amen. Can't wait for Wimbledon! :worship:

heya
05-29-2010, 06:02 PM
You can congratulate Roddick for calling a fragile, emotional Djokovic a phoney. It made Roddick's hero the easy US Open winner AGAIN. Among countless Slam wins.:o
I'm sure Roddick's Wimbledon demise will not make a difference to you. He had no career to save. Good thing his white trash folks can hug him in silence; after all, no one can say anything to him. LMAO

KostyaTszyu
05-29-2010, 06:12 PM
You can congratulate Roddick for calling a fragile, emotional Djokovic a phoney. It made Roddick's hero the easy US Open winner AGAIN. Among countless Slam wins.:o
I'm sure Roddick's Wimbledon demise will not make a difference to you. He had no career to save. Good thing his white trash folks can hug him in silence; after all, no one can say anything to him. LMAO

Djokovic is a heartless quitter. Roddick is a fighter, and he will once again beat Novak in a major if they play at wimbledon.

Matt01
05-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Djokovic is a heartless quitter. Roddick is a fighter, and he will once again beat Novak in a major if they play at wimbledon.

Yeah, right :spit:

andylovesaustin
05-29-2010, 06:20 PM
I have to take back PART of what I said! :help: :o

At least ONE American man is still in the tournament! ;)

Go Robby! :bounce:

Doggy
05-29-2010, 09:30 PM

he should shut up, whiny bitch, don't know how his wife stands him, but do know why he supports Agassi's drug use :rolleyes:

Viky-cro
05-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Roddick just wanted to get back to Hawaii. Pathetic.

not, because Mrs. Decker is Paris

Orka_n
05-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Roddick is a mug, no news here.

DuMa
05-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Brook flew in for this match and Andy, even though he does suck on clay, must have played a little more nervously in front of his wife because his wife doesnt usually see him play. anyone else think the same?

Calidreth
05-29-2010, 11:47 PM
heya please write a book, I'd read it, seriously. Surprised this thread is still going on -- always good for people to take cheap shots at Roddick when he loses on his worst surface with no practice going in. It's like someone who has the lowest grade in his history class not studying for the final then being surprised when he fails. Just pointless bickering.

KarlyM
05-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Roddick losing to anyone at RG is not a surprise. Seeing Gaba in the round of 16 is. ;)

Only Ginepri left. Damn. Just like in 2008.

I just don't think winning the French seems like a priority for American men at least, and hasn't been for a while. And it should be.

I sort of blame the McEnroe's because it seems they have NEVER been real fans of the French Open--even John. It just seems to me they're always... "Well, it's not "our" best surface. So.. this attitude sort of trickles down to the players.

Nevermind.. there were Americans who had success there. Funny, the biggest title Patrick won in his career was the French doubles in 1989. But I believe the reason the McEnroe's don't seem as enthusiastic on-air about RG compared to the other slams is because the Americans (minus Serena) haved sucked there for awhile (but of course it doesn't stop them from over-hyping them). I think the "attitude" about RG/clay isn't really from the McEnroe's, but from the lack of clay court experience prior to going pro. Most Americans now don't "grow up" on clay courts, so it doesn't feel natural to them. Some may try to improve on clay, but they won't make it a priority to win RG if they know they suck on clay and have much better chances at the other slams. I bet if clay events took up a bigger portion of the season that's unavoidable, it would be harder for them to ignore clay and would have to get better on it (especially if there was a 2nd clay slam). I see the same thing with different players when grass season and Wimbledon comes around. :p

heya
05-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Doggy
you're one of a few people with enough decency to mention Roddick & his moral-deficient loved ones Just because Agassi got his feet kissed by Roddick didn't mean Agassi's drug use should be excused & continue with no punishment. Who are the real trolls?
:oRoddick fans pretending everyone's jealous of his wife or unpretentious moral people? I guess Roddick wants to distract his fans away from his lies & ass kissing, condescending jerk mentality.:o

andylovesaustin
05-30-2010, 12:12 AM
'New' Roddick Falls to Old Habits
5/29/2010 1:20 PM ET By Greg Couch

PARIS -- He walked onto the court looking for reasons. :yeah: Andy Roddick was already on edge. The tarp on the back of the court was covered in water, and the ball was rolling into it, mixing with the red clay to make a sort of plaster of Paris.

Roddick griped to the chair umpire that he'd been coming here for years and this happens every year. The ump said he deals with some guy named Brian, who deals with the big chief.

"I asked 'Who is the big chief?''' Roddick said. "He goes, 'I don't know.' I said, 'Well, now I understand why nothing gets done.''' :rolleyes:

On top of that, Court Suzanne Lenglen is the worst for Roddick, the slowest. And the cool air was slowing down his serve even more, and what else? Oh yes, his racquet strings were too tight, and Teimuraz Gabashvili was having the tournament of his life, and ...

Hold on a minute. Teimuraz Gabashvili? Who the heck is that, other than the guy who beat Roddick 6-4, 6-4, 6-2 Saturday in the third round of the French Open?

The guy who crushed Roddick. This is ridiculous. At some point, reasons and explanations cross over into excuses, :yeah: and for Roddick, that point is on this side of Teimuraz Gabashvili.

I just hope I'm spelling it right.

And the first question someone asked Roddick after the match was about this being a not-so-bad tournament for him, getting to the third round.

"Yeah, I mean, I fought through a couple of matches that were a little dicey,'' he said. "Today, I got outplayed from the first ball.''

It started before that. :yeah:

And is there some reason why everyone simply shrugs off Andy Roddick losing to this nobody in a major? I guess it's because he has done it here so many times before. :yeah:

You probably think this guy, with a vowel on the end of his name, might be some sort of European claycourt specialist. He is not. He's a Russian who was sent away to Spain for a few years because he had no idea how to build a point or do any of the things you have to do on clay.

He has lost nearly twice as many matches on clay in his career as he has won.

Let me put it this way: When Roddick complained to the chair ump about water on the tarp, the ump, according to Roddick, said "Well, it happens every year.''

"I'm going, 'Is that supposed to make me feel better?' '' Roddick said, "I didn't understand that logic.''

That's the perfect description of how I feel about Roddick at the French Open. :yeah:

The cold fact about him is this: He had no intention of winning the match. It's not that he didn't try, but that he didn't believe. And it's a little disturbing that he seems to accept that.:yeah:

He played a guy who admitted that he gets crazy on the court, falls apart when even one thing goes wrong. Yet Roddick couldn't make that happen.

Basically, he got to the third round of the French and got a nosebleed.

Roddick was supposed to have addressed this stuff. Red clay is always going to be his worst surface. He doesn't have to win the tournament, beat Rafael Nadal here or anything like that. But he had lost weight to improve footwork, developed a backhand to play defense.

You'd think that could apply to the French Open, too.:yeah:

Not only that, but he also had a dream draw here. He played a journeyman in the first round, and barely saved face in the end, winning in five sets.

In the second round, he had a guy he'd never heard of, but the weather took away his serve and made his slice backhand pop up, easy for an opponent to crush back. Even Roddick said that the old him would have panicked and lost that match. But now, "I'm OK going in knowing it's going to be possibly crappy tennis. I just want to be the less crappy one.'' :retard:

Belief in the new Roddick is fading. I am/was a believer. Let's go with was/am. I did watch him beat Nadal on hard courts in Miami earlier this year. He did have that great five-set classic loss to Roger Federer in the Wimbledon final.

Final judgment on Roddick won't come at Roland Garros.

But Teimuraz Gabashvili? He is ranked No. 114. He lost to American Donald Young, the phenom who never seems to arrive.

"They told me Roddick, on clay, (from the) baseline, you have a chance,'' Gabashvili said. "But if he serves good, then tough ... Only thing I was afraid (of), it could be very hot today and dry. Then he could serve a lot of aces.''

I'm sorry, but when you're Andy Roddick and you're playing Teimuraz Gabashvili, the conditions are fine.

You know, since the new Roddick was unveiled at Wimbledon last year, he has lost in each major earlier than he did in the final year of the old Roddick. He also has dropped in he rankings from 6 to 8.:scratch:

Well, on to the grass courts and to Wimbledon, which is perfect for Roddick. Fast courts for his fast serve, slick grass to keep his slice backhand low, a history of success there for his psyche.

Let's just hope Brian and the big chief aren't in charge of keeping the tarps dry. :help:

www.tennis.fanhouse.com/2010/05/29/new-roddick-falls-to-old-habits/

Rosa Luxembourg
05-30-2010, 12:52 AM
good riddance. any tournament is better without rudducks whiny no-class ass

Rosa Luxembourg
05-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Sucky/Losing Andy = Multiple Threads/Posts
Good/Winning Andy = One Thread/No one Posts

lol

suprised ppl are not into an arrogant trailor trash?

Rosa Luxembourg
05-30-2010, 01:00 AM

delusional much?

andylovesaustin
05-30-2010, 01:02 AM
Roddick losing to anyone at RG is not a surprise. Seeing Gaba in the round of 16 is. ;)

Just like in 2008.

Funny, the biggest title Patrick won in his career was the French doubles in 1989. But I believe the reason the McEnroe's don't seem as enthusiastic on-air about RG compared to the other slams is because the Americans (minus Serena) haved sucked there for awhile (but of course it doesn't stop them from over-hyping them). I think the "attitude" about RG/clay isn't really from the McEnroe's, but from the lack of clay court experience prior to going pro. Most Americans now don't "grow up" on clay courts, so it doesn't feel natural to them. Some may try to improve on clay, but they won't make it a priority to win RG if they know they suck on clay and have much better chances at the other slams. I bet if clay events took up a bigger portion of the season that's unavoidable, it would be harder for them to ignore clay and would have to get better on it (especially if there was a 2nd clay slam). I see the same thing with different players when grass season and Wimbledon comes around. :p

Venus also made it into the finals. And Jennifer Capriati won the thing.. She's sort of in the same "generation."

And this picking and choosing majors to best compete is not the way it's always been. Agassi won at the French and made it to the finals another time right? As much grief as I give him, Pete made it to the semis once and the quarters once, I believe. John McEnroe made it to the semis, losing to Lendl. Courier and Chang won the thing. So.. not ALL great American players have just settled for playing not as crappy as the year before at the French.

And I agree, other players have to make adjustments to their game to win on surfaces. I mean... how many clay-court specialists grow-up with opportunities to play on grass or even hard courts.

Guga had to adjust his game to have a least some success on hard courts. :shrug: Rafa had to figure out a way to win on grass and hard courts against Roger, no less. I don't imagine Rafa goes into the USO not to play as "crappy" as he had the preceding year. :shrug:

The thing is Andy has had his opportunities over the years to prepare for the French. He's been the top-ranked American player for a while now. And for him to sort of not go into the French with ANY confidence of competing there.. Well.. honestly why bother just to make a "showing"? If he's just there to play less crappy tennis...? :retard: :help: There's just something wrong with that mentality.

On one hand, at least Andy hasn't publicly dismissed the French. I respect that. But then to go in with this sort of defeatist attitude--to play less crappy than before.. or less crappy given the circumstances. :retard:

If Andy were a lower ranked player.. I MIGHT understand it. But he's a top ten player. The settling for a "less crappy" on his worst surface is not a champion's mentality. It might be an "opportunist's" mentality.. just going through the obligatory motions at the French, waiting for his REAL chance-Wimby. But it's not an attitude I would expect from a top-ranked player, supposedly loving the game!

I have to agree with Greg Couch.. It's really an odd thing for Andy to say as the #1 ranked American player. And I guess we just don't hold Andy to any higher standard because why should we?

In the final analysis.. it's same ol'; same ol'.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll do much better at Wimby. Why not just skip the French all together and save us delusional fans the trouble of even believing that he gives a crap?

chammer44
05-30-2010, 01:32 AM
I hope Roddick makes the wimbly final again - and suffers another heartbreaking loss.

Retire, you talentless hack.

@Sweet Cleopatra
05-30-2010, 01:34 AM
http://smiles.mmuz.com/data/21/russia.gif http://smiles.mmuz.com/data/21/russia.gif

But also good work from Roddick on his least fav surface.

Corey Feldman
05-30-2010, 01:44 AM
LoL Andy is a douchebag. I hope he gets a nagging injury right before the grass season starts.

good riddance. any tournament is better without rudducks whiny no-class ass

I hope Roddick makes the wimbly final again - and suffers another heartbreaking loss.

Retire, you talentless hack.Harsh bunch :eek:

docking34
05-30-2010, 04:48 AM
Alright you hating fucktards. STFU with the roddick hate. at the end of the day, this loss is nothing for the American. The American media won't publish it much and Roddick doesn't care because he knows he isn't his best on clay. Obviously, this tourny wasn't the best for him, but come Wimbly Roddick is going to be one strong contender for the title.

And Rodd always makes disgraceful comments - its just who he is - because he wants to feel like he's winning. This is what the game is about. Please haters, settle down. kthnx

Fee
05-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Brooke shows up on Friday (after being apart almost a month), Andy loses on Saturday. This needed 100+ posts? ;)

ossie
05-30-2010, 08:28 AM
all serve clown this it would actually help his chances to win wimbledon if he actually learned to play tennis.

guapogreg08
05-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Alright you hating fucktards. STFU with the roddick hate. at the end of the day, this loss is nothing for the American. The American media won't publish it much and Roddick doesn't care because he knows he isn't his best on clay. Obviously, this tourny wasn't the best for him, but come Wimbly Roddick is going to be one strong contender for the title.

And Rodd always makes disgraceful comments - its just who he is - because he wants to feel like he's winning. This is what the game is about. Please haters, settle down. kthnx

why would you ever just accept this? he's a douche, and is rather talentless to boot.

andylovesaustin
05-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Brooke shows up on Friday (after being apart almost a month), Andy loses on Saturday. This needed 100+ posts? ;)

What's about the past ten years or so?

Besides.. didn't Steffi travel with Andre? Pete's wife traveled with him didn't she? A lot of players' girlfriends travel with them. So.. just because Brooke shows-up, that's another excuse? Isn't Andy almost 30 years old--a veteran on the tour, and he still gets distracted?

And not all American journalists give Andy a pass either. I just posted an article by an American journalist saying the same thing I did. Besides, they might "humor" Andy to his face, but behind his back, they're saying the same thing, I would imagine.

His attitude doesn't really make much sense. It's not good enough just to throw-up his hands and say "clay's not my best surface." So what? Grass isn't a lot of other top players best surface and most of them don't go around just hoping for a less crappy showing than the year before, but still essentially plays like crap. He's been on the tour too long for that kind of attitude.

I like Andy. I want to support him. But no, I'm not happy about his play at the French over the years--as the #1-ranked American player for the most part. And I'm not happy with his attitude either. And as much as I want to believe he's finally matured, he always manages to show that he really hasn't in a lot of ways.

P.S. And one more thing just to be clear. I'm not a Andy Roddick "fangirl." I'm a sports fan. I don't blindly support everything Andy does just like I don't blindly support any other team or athlete I might follow.

I do care about Andy's personal life to the extent I don't want to see him injured, sick, or emotionally hurt. I don't want to see his family injured, sick or emotionally hurt either. I don't want to see any athlete suffering any kind of personal loss.

At the same time, I could care less if Brooke just arrived in Paris. I don't see how that should impact whether or not Andy plays well at this stage of the game. I don't follow Andy's twittering because I don't care. I don't care what he does during his off-time as long as he's not arrested or hurt... or writes a bio down the road, admitting to illegal drug use.

I just do not understand how the #1 American player--a player so proudly ranked in the to ten for a number of years now,somebody supposely loving the game of tennis so much can so candidly--even proudly admit he only strives for cream of the crap as far as the French Open is concerned, biding his time until the grass court tournaments and Wimby.

I just don't understand him taking the court--essentially looking for a fight and an excuse for losing.

River
05-30-2010, 04:35 PM
suprised ppl are not into an arrogant trailor trash?

As if he's the only arrogant prick in the ATP, right? Better Arrogant trailor trash than an ignorant blind p*ssy who'd love nothing more than jump on any chance he acts that way, even though we've seen it with other people time and time again. Get off the high horse...

...and drop on your head on the way down. :angel:

Filo V.
05-30-2010, 04:50 PM
I love how emotional people get with their hate of Roddick, someone they don't even know. Wishing injuries and pain on the man. Pure comedy.

*Viva Chile*
05-30-2010, 06:08 PM
:singer:
wasted games
all these wasted games
racquets gadgets
wasted games
all these wasted games
racquets... :singer:

it remembered to me that Foals song all the match yesterday :p
Good luck in Wimby, Ducky ;)

Fee
05-30-2010, 08:31 PM
What's about the past ten years or so?

Besides.. didn't Steffi travel with Andre? Pete's wife traveled with him didn't she? A lot of players' girlfriends travel with them. So.. just because Brooke shows-up, that's another excuse? Isn't Andy almost 30 years old--a veteran on the tour, and he still gets distracted?

Congratulations on missing the point. :)

You've posted about 8 rants in this thread, I hope they make you feel better, but honestly your frustration is just wasted energy. Just about everyone in Andy's forum suspected that something like this would happen this year. He just wasnt there, he got sick in Madrid, and despite his early arrival in RG and lots of practice on site, his first two matches were train wrecks (and Andy knew it). Clay gets inside his head every year, and this year it was worse (maybe because he still remembers getting injured on it last year). The tennis season is long, no one plays their best tennis for all 40 weeks of it, and if Andy has to suck during clay in order to excel during grass and summer hardcourts, I'll take that trade-off and move on. Honestly, there are better things in my life to lose sleep over (like Andy Murray's issue, I mean WTF?).

heya
05-30-2010, 09:09 PM
andylovesaustin
Anyone can see Roddick won't make finals of Slams anymore. He can serve for 2 set leads & have big titles but he still is a stubborn coward. A choker. He can't do simple things like hit the ball even if it bounces near the line. He'd rather find an excuse to fly home to mama & vacuous Decker.
Don't mind the FedRod cult.
Probably embarrassing for them to hear everyone hating Roddick for the right reasons.
Roddick obviously fights the fact that he should be retired by now because he trusted everyone who knew him & then he couldn't release his anger when he failed on court.
The cult fans don't mind seeing Roddick lose because they're here for friendship & manipulation of other Roddick supporters in order to ridicule the painful facts that spoiled Roddick's blissfully ignorant party.
You don't have to watch him to know he wants as much money & admiration as possible. He forgot that he needed to love success & work even without money.

Sapeod
05-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Anybody got any subtitles for Heya?

andylovesaustin
05-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Congratulations on missing the point. :)

You've posted about 8 rants in this thread, I hope they make you feel better, but honestly your frustration is just wasted energy. Just about everyone in Andy's forum suspected that something like this would happen this year. He just wasnt there, he got sick in Madrid, and despite his early arrival in RG and lots of practice on site, his first two matches were train wrecks (and Andy knew it). Clay gets inside his head every year, and this year it was worse (maybe because he still remembers getting injured on it last year). The tennis season is long, no one plays their best tennis for all 40 weeks of it, and if Andy has to suck during clay in order to excel during grass and summer hardcourts, I'll take that trade-off and move on. Honestly, there are better things in my life to lose sleep over (like Andy Murray's issue, I mean WTF?).

Congrats right back at you. As I said, I'm not the only one who's frustrated with Andy because one of my so-called "rants" was actually commentary about Andy's most recent loss at the French, expressing the same disappointment, but you've convenient overlooked it.

That said, I'm not losing sleep over Andy Roddick's shortcomings. He's a multi-millionaire athlete, and I'm sure he'll be just fine. By the way, I'm not the one who tracks his every move as to whether or not his wife just arrived in Paris. All of that was news to me. So which one of us is really losing sleep over Andy Roddick?

As far as my "rants" are concerned--why should you care if I waste my energy or not? You sure spend a lot of time defending him, and I don't care if that's what you want to do if you are so compelled. If you don't agree, fine. But I have every right to express my disappointment in his play and in his attitude.

Finally...what does Andy Murray have to do with this thread? What does Andy Murray have to do with me? I reiterate: I don't lose sleep over professional athletes just because I may "rant" about them or even praise them from time to time on a message board.

Jimnik
05-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Every time Andy makes it past the 1st round at RG he ends up reaching the Wimbledon final. The omens are already looking good.

Fee
05-30-2010, 09:52 PM
That said, I'm not losing sleep over Andy Roddick's shortcomings. He's a multi-millionaire athlete, and I'm sure he'll be just fine. By the way, I'm not the one who tracks his every move as to whether or not his wife just arrived in Paris. All of that was news to me. So which one of us is really losing sleep over Andy Roddick?

Well its not me, and it's not you (apparently)... so I give up. Who is it?

As far as my "rants" are concerned--why should you care if I waste my energy or not? You sure spend a lot of time defending him, and I don't care if that's what you want to do if you are so compelled. If you don't agree, fine. But I have every right to express my disappointment in his play and in his attitude.

I was just trying to help you out, you seemed so upset that Andy lost in the 3rd round at RG.

Finally...what does Andy Murray have to do with this thread? What does Andy Murray have to do with me? I reiterate: I don't lose sleep over professional athletes just because I may "rant" about them or even praise them from time to time on a message board.

I brought up Andy Murray as a comparison. See, Andy Murray with his type of game should do well at RG, and he just lost as I was typing that response. Andy Roddick, on the other hand, has a game that is more suited to fast courts so when he loses at RG its never really a big suprise (to most of us with a clue).

alfonsojose
05-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Nice practice for Queens :lol: Such a nasty b*tch is this duck :ras:

heya
05-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Nasty just like the phoney fans who can't handle criticism of his plastic personality. LOL at the players who failed on clay, but are supposed to be too smart for Roddick at the French Open.

Pea
05-31-2010, 02:51 AM
Love this thread. :lol:

Navratil
05-31-2010, 09:40 AM
Of course Roddick's game is not made for clay - but how can there be such a big difference?? Every player prefer some tournaments and some surfaces but is still able to compete at the other tournaments he doesn't like that much.
Especially these days when the claycourts are getting faster and the balls on grass heavier.

The courts in Roland Garros aren't that slow, well you need to move a little bit different but the differnce to a slow hardcourt is not that big. I can't understand why Roddick is struggling that much on clay.

Jimnik
05-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Of course Roddick's game is not made for clay - but how can there be such a big difference?? Every player prefer some tournaments and some surfaces but is still able to compete at the other tournaments he doesn't like that much.
Especially these days when the claycourts are getting faster and the balls on grass heavier.

The courts in Roland Garros aren't that slow, well you need to move a little bit different but the differnce to a slow hardcourt is not that big. I can't understand why Roddick is struggling that much on clay.
It depends on the court and the weather conditions. Suzanne Lenglen is much slower than Philippe Chatrier and the cold heavy conditions only made it even slower. You only need to see Roddick's previous round where he was broken 7 times in just 4 sets. The brute power of his serve is completely neutralized under these circumstances.

andylovesaustin
05-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Well its not me, and it's not you (apparently)... so I give up. Who is it?

I was just trying to help you out, you seemed so upset that Andy lost in the 3rd round at RG.

I brought up Andy Murray as a comparison. See, Andy Murray with his type of game should do well at RG, and he just lost as I was typing that response. Andy Roddick, on the other hand, has a game that is more suited to fast courts so when he loses at RG its never really a big suprise (to most of us with a clue).

"Most of us with a clue"? Are you implying anyone who criticizes his continued poor performance at the French as not having a clue about Andy Roddick? On the contrary we have a clue about Andy. Andy's game and attitude aren't that hard to figure-out. We get Andy, alright. I understand Andy Roddick. I just don't particularly respect him in certain scenarios. I've already explained this in one of my previous rants. I already posted the commentary, "'New' Roddick Falls to Old Habits," having the same criticism.

Suffice to say, YOU'RE the one without a clue.

As far as me being upset he lost, you've got that wrong, too. It's not that I'm upset he LOST necessarily. I'm upset in the WAY he lost. If you're "happy" with his performance.. and I do mean "performance," that's fine with me. But no.. I don't particularly admire his whining most importantly and losing in straight sets to a guy he SHOULD have made a better effort against.

If you enjoy supporting Andy the Whiner then that's your choice. I don't particularly enjoy supporting Andy when he gets like this. In fact, I don't support him. He's not good enough to be that cocky. He ain't John McEnroe, and he ain't Jimmy Connors.

And look...I repeat, I don't keep up with Andy's little off-court dramas much less with the ones he has on-court. I never did watch the match because I don't particularly want to see Andy getting his knickers in a twist about soggy balls or whatever his gripe was this time. Gaba and all the other players had to deal with it, too. But Andy has to make an issue of it because he wants to everyone to be sure they know it's the conditions "neutralizing" his serve. Oh.. yes and also the fact Andy just strives for being less crappy at the French--his words.. not mine. Well that's good to know. :rolleyes:

How long has played at the French now? Ironically enough, it may have benefitted his overall game if he had learn how to compete better there--rather than relying only upon his "serve." A lot of us.. including those in the media apparently-thought he was supposed to have improved other aspects of his game in order to compete on ALL surfaces a little better. But I guess.. not. Of course, we aren't as knowledgeable as fans like yourself, I guess. We don't know about all of Andy's mental blocks and difficulties. No, we base our opinions on his RESULTS, not his excuses and dramas.

Finally, I talk about ANDY, not his FANS or CRITICS. I'm not the one who started cutting YOU down: you started personally attacking ME. If that's the only way you can defend Andy Roddick by trying to make ME look bad, well that's ultimately missing the entire point. I'm not the one being paid millions to be a professional athlete. Playing tennis is ALL Andy has to do, and no.. I don't cut him any slack about striving to be cream of the crap at the French. No, I don't cut him any slack in his strategy to "save himself" for Wimby. Yeah, maybe all the other contenders will be tired or injured because they actually TRY to do their jobs at the French, and Andy can win Wimby by default. That's showing em Andy.

All you have are excuses for Andy. He's a multi-millianaire professional athlete, and as a fan of the sport I expect a better attitude and effort if not a win. If you don't, well that's your business. But don't cut me down because you really don't have an defense for Andy Roddick's "performance" over the years.

Nidhogg
05-31-2010, 02:06 PM
andylovesaustin:

You need to chill out a bit and hear others out. Roddick struggling on clay is not all about his serve becoming less of a weapon (which is a big point by itself, as his game is based on his serve and the pressure it puts on his opponents).

You strike me as a romantic who believes anyone can achieve whatever they set out to do, and Roddick has actually done remarkably well to change his game compared to how he used to play when he broke through due to new conditions, but he just won't ever be as good on clay as he is on other surfaces. The movement and footwork required doesn't come natural to him, and that affects just about every other aspect of his game.

I shouldn't even need to bring up his serious lack of preparation for this event, just as the fact that he was beaten by a player in the form of his life, but those two factors surely played their part in the equation as well. ;)

Look out for Ducky in events to come for the remainder of the season instead of going on and on about this. :D

andylovesaustin
05-31-2010, 02:16 PM
andylovesaustin:

You need to chill out a bit and hear others out. Roddick struggling on clay is not all about his serve becoming less of a weapon (which is a big point by itself, as his game is based on his serve and the pressure it puts on his opponents).

You strike me as a romantic who believes anyone can achieve whatever they set out to do, and Roddick has actually done remarkably well to change his game compared to how he used to play when he broke through due to new conditions, but he just won't ever be as good on clay as he is on other surfaces. The movement and footwork required doesn't come natural to him, and that affects just about every other aspect of his game.

I shouldn't even need to bring up his serious lack of preparation for this event, just as the fact that he was beaten by a player in the form of his life, but those two factors surely played their part in the equation as well. ;)

Look out for Ducky in events to come for the remainder of the season instead of going on and on about this. :D

Hey.. I AM calm. But I am going to defend MYSELF and my opinion.

I understand what people are saying. I understand what YOU are saying. I just don't agree for all the reasons I've expressed.

I don't think you all are hearing me out. And I'm tired of repeating myself.

And as I've said a million times, I'm not the only one having this opinion. But even if I were, I'm entitled to my opinion without people telling me I'm a romantic..or clueless or telling me to calm down blah, blah, blah..

Yeah.. I'll wait for Wimby, but I'm watching the French. I happen to like the French Open. It's just too bad Andy has so many "issues" with it.

nobama
05-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Look out for Ducky in events to come for the remainder of the season instead of going on and on about this. :DI'm sure Fed, Nadal, Djerk, etc. would love to be able to bail on a season/surface so they can be fresh for the upcoming season(s)/surfaces(s). Nadal didn't bail on IW or Miami to save himself for clay/RG. He pulled out of Barcelona, probably one of his favorite tournaments. But with Roddick we get ESPN making excuses that he was stuck on Suzanne Lenglen (even though his first match was on Chatrier). As if that was the reason for his loss and not the fact he didn't play one singles match on clay prior to RG.

heya
05-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Mom Roddick said people thought her son was called a jerk. She excused his behavior by claiming he was misunderstood. Because he loved taking charity money to children.
Awww. I'm sure she didn't mind when he said he was selfish because he played tennis.
I guess the world should admire him for enjoying his life. His own words "enjoy life".
Truth hurts the Roddick camp
It was cool for Fee to say I should be banned from the forum, years ago.
No one denies that Roddick's a joke ,
so Fee won't say that to me again. Maybe I should drive Roddick to the San Jose tournament like she did.

Nidhogg
05-31-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm sure Fed, Nadal, Djerk, etc. would love to be able to bail on a season/surface so they can be fresh for the upcoming season(s)/surfaces(s). Nadal didn't bail on IW or Miami to save himself for clay/RG. He pulled out of Barcelona, probably one of his favorite tournaments.

I don't care much for the idea of mandatory tournaments anyway. All players should be free to plan their seasonal schedule precisely the way they want it.

But with Roddick we get ESPN making excuses that he was stuck on Suzanne Lenglen (even though his first match was on Chatrier). As if that was the reason for his loss and not the fact he didn't play one singles match on clay prior to RG.

Heh, well, I guess they would never dare to speak up on the issue. I feel for you guys being stuck with reruns of the Williams sisters while live tennis is played.

nobama
05-31-2010, 09:29 PM
I don't care much for the idea of mandatory tournaments anyway. All players should be free to plan their seasonal schedule precisely the way they want it. Don't necessarily agree with mandatory events but I think all players should give it their best on all surfaces. It's not like Roddick is 36 with a bad back or something. But he's basically given the middle finger to clay. Time will tell if it pays off at Wimbledon and US Open.

DragonFly
05-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Gabashvili seems a really nice guy. Was extremely gracious in victory against Andy and likewise in defeat against Melzer.

I'll be rooting for him in the future. :)

Pea
05-31-2010, 11:57 PM
No one denies that Roddick's a joke ,
so Fee won't say that to me again. Maybe I should drive Roddick to the San Jose tournament like she did.

Wait, what? What inside dish you got, heya!!?

DuMa
06-01-2010, 12:13 AM
the hate for roddick is ridiculous here. 3 days after the match ended and this is still on the first page.

Fee
06-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Wait, what? What inside dish you got, heya!!?

None. I was a driver at the San Jose tournament for a few years, it's old news. I drove Andy in 2002 right after he lost to Agassi. There's your dish.

andylovesaustin
06-01-2010, 01:04 AM
the hate for roddick is ridiculous here. 3 days after the match ended and this is still on the first page.

For the record, I don't "hate" Andy. I understand Andy had to pull-out of Madrid due to illness. I believe him. I don't think he was faking it. I tend to give athletes the benefit of the doubt. And I wouldn't imagine he was the best prepared for the French.

THAT SAID, what's up with harassing the referee about his soggy balls? Who the hell cares about his soggy balls? Who the hell cares if the "court conditions" are not suitable for his fragile game on clay? If he wasn't that prepared anyway, what difference does it make? :retard:

If he's gonna lose to a what's Gaba's ranking--119 or something like that---then just lose with some dignity. Quit harassing officials about their tournament. If Andy doesn't "like" it or wasn't "prepared," then don't play it. Considering his attitude and record, I'm sure he wouldn't have been missed.

Apparently, nobody expects Andy Roddick to do well at the French because his game is not suited for clay as we all have been reminded so many times. So if he's gonna act like a jerk, then why play the thing? I mean, mouthing-off about soggy balls isn't really giving it your all. It's just mouthing-off. :shrug:

And I'm sorry.. Andy's comments in his presser :retard:... I just don't agree with them. I've followed all kinds of sports for a long time, and I just don't agree with top-ranked tennis player saying he's just hopes for a little better than crappy at a major--particularly a player with Andy's experience.

I just have this picture of Andy in my head.. salivating for the grass-court season, now that he doesn't have that pesky clay to deal with! :retard:

Fine. He might do very well at Wimby and the U.S.O. But that still doesn't mean he's isn't a "joke" at the French, and he brings it on himself.

I don't hate Andy. I'm just really disappointed. And I have every reason to be. He might be a GREAT guy and human being. But he's not the best competitor except when things are on HIS terms.

***As a comparison, if a team sport, top-ranked multi-millionaire professional athlete approached a major event by saying, "I just hope for less crappy," he/she would be fired. :retard: If a boxer approached a major title match, hoping not be less crappy, he/she would not only lose, he/she would get the shit beat out of him/her. :retard: So people are forking-out their hard-earned money to see Andy Roddick play "less crappy" than the year before? :retard:

So.. I just do not understand or appreciate Andy's comments. Maybe he didn't think about how they would be interpreted? But I'm sorry... they are pretty sad for somebody of Andy's stature, and I don't care if clay is not Andy's best surface traditionally.

heya
06-01-2010, 07:05 PM
espn's speechless. Soderling just said he believed he could win & had many 'unlucky' matches. He just beat the Fraud. Roddick's busy counting his money & watching a shit movie. Is it just me or does RODjoke look old & mentally ill for a long time? He was happy last year but
his daddy failed to return Robin's superior serve this year.