Tommy retires with elbow injury? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tommy retires with elbow injury?

Layla
09-12-2002, 05:58 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

That's what it says on the ATP site. He retured during his match against Voltchkov after trailing 2-6 1-2. Does anyone know anything more about it?

Poor Tommy, he shouldn't have played so many tournaments. Come on Tommy, take a break and give your arm some proper rest, please. :(

ILR
09-12-2002, 06:41 PM
yeah dont hurt yourself even more :sad: :sad: U make us all sad when ur injured!

Layla
09-12-2002, 08:41 PM
Elbow Injury Forces Haas Out of Tashkent
German retires against Voltchkov as Srichaphan takes out Safin.

Second seed Tommy Haas' difficult, injury-plagued season continued on Thursday when an injured elbow forced him out of the quarterfinals of the President's Cup in Tashkent. Qualifier Vladimir Voltchkov of Belarus was leading the German star, 6-2, 2-1, when the pain caused Haas to retire from the match. Haas was visibly affected by the injury, which he said was connected to the sore shoulder that has been bothering him for several months, as his average first serve speed during the match was only 80 mph (130 kmph). According to Haas, the injury first arose during Wednesday's match against Sargis Sargsian, and became progressively worse during practice and then the match against Voltchkov.

"It was better for me to stop. My elbow was hurting every shot I made. My injury has been going on for a while now. It started with my shoulder and now it's compensating with my elbow. You could say it is something serious. I have to go back to Germany now to my doctor and see what's going on."

"I hope it won't affect my schedule for the rest of the year. I have been kind of used to it, but sometimes it just gets too much. I hope I will be fit enough to play Davis Cup and then the rest of the tournaments I have entered for the winter."

Leo7
09-12-2002, 08:51 PM
oh, poor Tommy!:(

get some rest! your arm is still injured, so take some time off the tour please! relax! ;)