RG R2 Djokovic def. Nishikori 6-1 6-4 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RG R2 Djokovic def. Nishikori 6-1 6-4 6-4

ShotmaKer
05-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Nole too solid for Kei.

coonster14
05-28-2010, 11:56 AM
did not watch the match, but following the match report on FO website.

said nole still suffering from the allergies and was not all that convincing, serve issues still there, 3 aces/9 double faults, but he is through in straights, which is good.

keep going nole!!! :bigclap:, bad luck to nishikori.

xelena
05-28-2010, 11:58 AM
The score may suggest that it was an easy win but apparently it wasnt??

xelena
05-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Ahahaa 9 double faults..:))) Nole and A.I should get married and have plenty of DF :)

Filo V.
05-28-2010, 11:59 AM
As I predicted, Kei gave Nole a hard fight, but right now in their careers Nole is a better version of Kei.

If Kei would have taken advantage of his opportunities in the 3rd set, match could have been much different.

Nole's serve is a legitimate issue, obviously, and one that I think is going to ultimately prove his downfall. Too many double faults, serve percentage average-adequate only, and too much mental instability. His natural talent can only take him so far. He needs to boost the game and mentality to match the talent, or he's going down.

A_Skywalker
05-28-2010, 12:00 PM
did not watch the match, but following the match report on FO website.

said nole still suffering from the allergies and was not all that convincing, serve issues still there, 3 aces/9 double faults, but he is through in straights, which is good.

keep going nole!!! :bigclap:, bad luck to nishikori.

It took him a lot of time, I hope Novak doesnt tire because he has to play tommorow too.

Filo V.
05-28-2010, 12:01 PM
The score may suggest that it was an easy win but apparently it wasnt??

It wasn't.

Nole looked lethargic. He and Kei played similar games and many of their serve games went to 30 or deuce or break points, the difference was Nole took advantage of the opportunities and Kei didn't. But it certainly wasn't easy, he didn't serve very well. He's basically playing on instincts at this point IMO.

Everko
05-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Not as easy as score. Long long 2nd set

Filo V.
05-28-2010, 12:02 PM
The match was over 2 1/2 hours. Not great for tomorrow and the rest of the tournament.

Sillyrabbit
05-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Shocker(not), can't believe anyone thought the result would be anything other than a Djokovic win. I have to say though, it doesn't look like he's feeling good out there, he seems to be working hard to win most points.

chewy
05-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Yeah the match last quite long for a 3 setter, other 4 sets matches finished before this one.

Kei really fight hard and had a glimpse at maybe taking a set with help from Nole's many DFs

Nathaliia
05-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Too bad he couldn't break for 5-3 in the 3rd.

rhinooooo
05-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Novak was just too solid. Most of the service games were going to deuce or 30 for both players. Even the first set was not one-sided as the score suggests. This surface is perfect for Novak, he can defend forever, and helps his strong transition game to attack, where he can hit some big/heavy shots. Just too strong in the end.

His serve was a piece of shit though.

Deivid23
05-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Good match. Kei will develop into one hell of a player barrying injuries

rhinooooo
05-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Good match. Kei will develop into one hell of a player barrying injuries

Yep, and even scarier because he's got a brilliant attitude. No crying, and keeps fighting.

Deivid23
05-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Yep, and even scarier because he's got a brilliant attitude. No crying, and keeps fighting.

I was a bit dissapointed at his first two sets against Giraldo, in fact I left the court cause I didn´t expect him to come back at all. But today he played very good 2nd and 3rd sets. Good signs for the future

nobama
05-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Was his serve a problem before Martin, or did Martin make it worse? It's soo bad now. :o

FlameOn
05-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Was his serve a problem before Martin, or did Martin make it worse? It's soo bad now. :o
Martin made it worse. Now they're trying to get it back to how it was but obviously it's going to take a lot more time. :o

Anyway well done Nole. Serve is awful though and he's not going to get that far in GS until it's fixed I don't think, sadly.

*bunny*
05-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Shame Kei couldn't convert one of those BPs in the third set. :sad:
But Nole was the better player especially on big points. Since Nole's strokes were constantly deep, Kei didn't have many chances to charge forward, which might have made a difference if he were able to do so.
But Kei showed that he can go toe to toe with the World No. 3 in rallies.
After the match he said on Japanese TV that even though he's a bit angry with himself for not taking his chances, he thought it was a great experience for him to play a top player like Djokovic at a slam so soon after coming back from the elbow injury, and he also had fun out there.

Wish him good luck in the grass season!! :yeah:

Jimnik
05-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Looked like Djokovic was much closer to his old self today. Unlucky for Nishi.

Sauletekis
05-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Kei should not be dissapointment with himself, really... I made quite a fight, but nole was just too strong. If the japonese continues to progress like that, a top 50 in the end of the season it's possible...

Noleta
05-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Solid match from Nole,apart from the serve issue,although he had 9DF,he came up with big serves when he needed too,which is a good sign:)Second set lasted 73mins:eek:

Good fight and determination from Kei.:yeah:

DwyaneWade
05-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Tough draw for Nishikori on his worst surface. Looking forward to see if he can do damage at Wimbledon.

As for Djokovic, he is a (still-very good) shell of the player he was in late 2007 to early 2008. Mainly due to his serve. He will make at least the quarters but he is not a slam contender right now.

Vida
05-28-2010, 10:08 PM
nole you legend :yeah:

Nidhogg
05-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Time for Nishi to make some noise on the grass.