Murray df Chela 6-2 6-7 6-3 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Murray df Chela 6-2 6-7 6-3 6-2

green25814
05-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Very high quality match.

tyruk14
05-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Better from Murray, but Chela remains his bitch.

Certinfy
05-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Last set and a half was pretty impressive from Murray. Besides that Chela played quite well.

martyn
05-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Was some stunning tennis in this match, Chela was murdering the ball and succeeding 90% of the time until the last set.

Murray looking fairly impressive, could go a long way depending on his service %.

ApproachShot
05-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Some serious hitting from both players - there was a passage of play last night when they were trading 20+ shots each rally from 10 feet behind the baseline and the only way to win the points seemed to be to hit dropshots.

Murray will go into the next match a little more confident after his shaky opener. Chela on the other hand can be pleased with his performance. He kept it tight in the second set and edged ahead in the tiebreak when it mattered.

Oh, and welcome to the forums martyn!

shadows
05-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Was a very solid match, I was pleasantly surprised by how Murray played. Quite a bit more attacking than normal and if he can keep it up -given his quarter- I don't think the semis is such an absurd notion.

Chela also played well, just didn't have enough to take more than the one set.

Clydey
05-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Apart from the second set (which still wasn't bad), that was top drawer from Murray. Chela can't hit the ball any better than he did today, so no shame in being pushed to four sets.

Corey Feldman
05-27-2010, 07:10 PM
dedicated to ExcaliburII & tangerine dream

JamieOwen3
05-27-2010, 07:11 PM
last set and a half murray showed why he's better than chela and it showed the tennis did the talking and chela wasn't playing badly which makes it a good thing for murray on clay.

Filo V.
05-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Murray played pretty well today, I always knew he would win but he played better than I expected. He was pretty aggressive, defended well, returned well, played smart and used the dropshot effectively.

Chela hit the ball really hard and was very aggressive but his movement, serve and lack of a plan B game were exposed by Murray.

Playing the way he has the past 1 1/2 matches, he could do better that most people expect here at the French. Seems he took what happened in the Gasquet match and picked it up from where he left off. Congrats to him.

safin-rules-no.1
05-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Chela :retard:

Andi-M
05-27-2010, 07:21 PM
:yeah: Nice to see A.Murray peaking for the slams.

Sophocles
05-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Chela played better than I expected, going for his shots & showing uncharacteristic touch & variety. But everything he did, Murray did a bit better.

Sillyrabbit
05-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Four sets was a bit of a surprise tbh, thought he'd be done in straights. Good match from Chela, hit the ball better today which didn't allow Murray to pin him back as much and go for the drop shot like he was doing for fun yesterday. At least he saved some face from Madrid.

DwyaneWade
05-27-2010, 07:28 PM
I am not sure at all what to make of Murray this RG. I could see him getting thumped by Baghdatis, and I could see him easing into the semis over Baghdatis, Berdych, and Tsonga...very perplexing. Not a fan, but that BH was beautiful today.

monaco fans
05-27-2010, 08:19 PM
good effort from chela, pretty sad that he was 3* 2 and then he was 36 and 02 in four set

Mateya
05-27-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm very happy with JIC performance, he really gave the ball some serious hitting :cool: A joy to watch.
He would beat a lot of players today, but Muzza was just too good. :worship:
Hoping that he can maintain and take this form onto hardcourt season like in good old times...but I doubt it.

cocrcici
05-27-2010, 08:32 PM
:rocker:

Horatio Caine
05-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Apart from the second set (which still wasn't bad), that was top drawer from Murray. Chela can't hit the ball any better than he did today, so no shame in being pushed to four sets.

Yep, Muzza played some spell-binding tennis for that last set and a half. Chela's ball-striking from mid-2nd set to mid-3rd set was unbelievable! :eek: Really hit quite aggressively and hard (not seen that before from him) and dictated the points well. But you always got the impression that he couldn't keep that up, and once Muzza got back into the match at 3-3 in the 3rd set, his challenge fizzled out pretty quickly.

Interesting match with Baggy next...chance to get revenge for that Wimbledon 2007 R4 disappointment. Incredible that they haven't played since. Slow, damp clay should play nicely into Muzza's hands though, although Baggy obviously cannot be under-estimated. At least it is possible that Muzza plays a worse server than him for once (Baggy's 1st serve is often hopeless). :lol:

Quite possibly won't even get on tomorrow (scheduled 5th match), which might actually be a benefit as the Chela match was physically demanding. If he can routine Baggy (which I think is very possible), he should be fresh enough for R4 the day after. :shrug:

enigma
05-27-2010, 10:02 PM
I am not sure at all what to make of Murray this RG. I could see him getting thumped by Baghdatis, and I could see him easing into the semis over Baghdatis, Berdych, and Tsonga...very perplexing. Not a fan, but that BH was beautiful today.

;)

josemanuel
05-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Good effort against Murray!

It´s a pity he lost!

DwyaneWade
05-27-2010, 11:26 PM
;)

Yes he is quite the enigma this Murray

Yep, Muzza played some spell-binding tennis for that last set and a half. Chela's ball-striking from mid-2nd set to mid-3rd set was unbelievable! :eek: Really hit quite aggressively and hard (not seen that before from him) and dictated the points well. But you always got the impression that he couldn't keep that up, and once Muzza got back into the match at 3-3 in the 3rd set, his challenge fizzled out pretty quickly.

Interesting match with Baggy next...chance to get revenge for that Wimbledon 2007 R4 disappointment. Incredible that they haven't played since. Slow, damp clay should play nicely into Muzza's hands though, although Baggy obviously cannot be under-estimated. At least it is possible that Muzza plays a worse server than him for once (Baggy's 1st serve is often hopeless). :lol:

Quite possibly won't even get on tomorrow (scheduled 5th match), which might actually be a benefit as the Chela match was physically demanding. If he can routine Baggy (which I think is very possible), he should be fresh enough for R4 the day after. :shrug:

Wimbledon 2006 I believe? Murray missed Wimbledon in 2007.

tennishero
05-27-2010, 11:29 PM
murray has been playing a lot more aggressive lately, and he is deffinately getting better on clay.

good tennis from both players but murray has too much variety and chela is also past his best, such a constrast between this match and the fognini-monfils match.. clean winners vs pushing and UE's.

yuri27
05-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Better from Murray, but Chela remains his bitch.

Hum not sure about that.
Would more say that the opponent wasn't the same as in the first round.

Clydey
05-28-2010, 12:52 AM
Hum not sure about that.
Would more say that the opponent wasn't the same as in the first round.

Stop bringing Gasquet into every discussion, richie21.

And yes, Murray was better than he was in his first round.

philosophicalarf
05-28-2010, 02:04 AM

Yes, same for me - last set and a bit was awesome, but you have to say he lost the plot a bit with the rain breaks. Couldn't find touch, range, anything. Only when Chela broke in the 3rd did he find the right attitude, was a real mental kick up the arse and he won something like the next 6 games.

Serve was vastly better than against Gasquet though, which is the key thing.

Ibracadabra
05-28-2010, 03:06 AM
Chela played some good stuff today, nice to see from the old man.

scoobs
05-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Some good stuff from Murray once he was a break down in the third, totally woke up and played some of the best stuff I've seen from him on clay - good serving, heavy forehands with depth and pace, aggressive shots that allowed him to control and finish off the points much more often.

He's going to need to do the same against Baghdatis later today or he will be run ragged.