Roland Garros - R2 Montanes A. vs Soderling R. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roland Garros - R2 Montanes A. vs Soderling R.

barack
05-27-2010, 03:24 PM
Who win?

Jomp1
05-27-2010, 03:30 PM
R3 and Sod. I think Montanes might grab a set.

paseo
05-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Montanes will win this.

Orka_n
05-27-2010, 08:12 PM
As Joe said, it's R3.
I've been away and haven't been able to watch RG at all yet, but I'll have to go with Robin on this one. As a fan, I would be very disappointed should he lose.

Andi-M
05-27-2010, 08:53 PM
RSod

Topspin Forehand
05-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Montanes with the upset in super slow conditions.

BaselineSmash
05-27-2010, 09:01 PM
How win. Soderling is on the march. Montanes is good, but not that good.

samanosuke
05-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Soderling will reach the final

Everko
05-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Montanes has a 65% chance to beat Soderlying

Topspin Forehand
05-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Soderling will reach the final
Federer owns him. Just a horrible matchup.

Chair Umpire
05-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Cheaterling in 3.

samanosuke
05-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Federer owns him. Just a horrible matchup.

Law of big numbers . Federer against all his turkeys loses one time specially at the late . I have somehow felling that he will lose this time

Topspin Forehand
05-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Law of big numbers . Federer against all his turkeys loses one time specially at the late . I have somehow felling that he will lose this time
Soderling will be yoking again about no one beating Soderling 14 times in a row. ;)

enigma
05-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Soderling in 3

Filo V.
05-27-2010, 10:14 PM
With the conditions being slower and heavier now, that should be a major advantage for Montanes. Still, I think it will just give time for Soderling to set up for his shots and bully Albert and hit him off the court, so I say Robin in 3 sets.

Dyraise
05-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Montañes? :spit: Not even a set!

FormerRafaFan
05-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Montanes might take a set from Soderling if he plays his best, but I don't see that happening, and I think Soda will be in control. So Soda in 3 for me too.

SheepleBuster
05-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Soderling > Nadal > Montaneous. A mountain of a challenge for Estoril's lucky champ

borracho
05-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Moontanes gets blasted away in 3 easy sets, just defending won't take you anywhere against Sod

DwyaneWade
05-28-2010, 01:02 AM
Would love to see Montanes win, as I think he could potentially trouble Federer in the QFs (with these slow conditions). But, Soderling in 4.

andy neyer
05-28-2010, 01:06 AM
Soderking ready to own another Spanish mug in RG.

andy neyer
05-28-2010, 01:09 AM

I also think he has a good chance at beating Fed this year. All of Federer's pigeons manage to get at least 1 so why not a tough bloke like Soda?

I even kind of want him to Fed Federer just to see what would happen against Rafa. If he gets that far, I'll put my cash on Soda for sure.

Topspin Forehand
05-28-2010, 01:37 AM
I also think he has a good chance at beating Fed this year. All of Federer's pigeons manage to get at least 1 so why not a tough bloke like Soda?

I even kind of want him to Fed Federer just to see what would happen against Rafa. If he gets that far, I'll put my cash on Soda for sure.
And the overrating of Soderling continues. :rolleyes:

Pirata.
05-28-2010, 01:40 AM

Soderling will be yoking again about no one beating Soderling 14 times in a row. ;)

Soddy got his "big win" against Roger at the Capitala exho earlier this year. Roger won't be too kind here ;)

andy neyer
05-28-2010, 01:54 AM
And the overrating of Soderling continues. :rolleyes:

Well, of course Fed is the favourite going into that match but all I'm saying is that Soda has a shot. I'd place his odds in about 30%... And if he beats Federer, I'm pretty sure he'd win his next match to advance to the final. Against Nadal in an eventual RG final, he won't be the favourite either but I feel (or rather hope) that he might give a surprise again.

Topspin Forehand
05-28-2010, 01:56 AM
Well, of course Fed is the favourite going into that match but all I'm saying is that Soda has a shot. I'd place his odds in about 30%... And if he beats Federer, I'm pretty sure he'd win his next match to advance to the final.
His odds are much worse than that. Especially in heavy conditions. Federer will beat Soderling in straight sets. Maybe a tiebreaker that Soderling almost wins. That's it.

andy neyer
05-28-2010, 01:58 AM
His odds are much worse than that. Especially in heavy conditions. Federer will beat Soderling in straight sets. Maybe a tiebreaker that Soderling almost wins. That's it.

We'll see... I expect a tight match. Last year Soderling didn't play well in the final. He was very nervous and started playing badly.

But first let's wait to see if we'll get that QF after all.

Topspin Forehand
05-28-2010, 02:02 AM
We'll see... I expect a tight match. Last year Soderling didn't play well in the final. He was very nervous and started playing badly.

But first let's wait to see if we'll get that QF after all.
Rarely do ballbashers feel comfortable against Fed. You gotta play high percentage tennis against Fed without allowing yourself to get bullied. Nadal is the master of that style. Soderling isn't. He needs to play the right type of player to get his rhythm.

andy neyer
05-28-2010, 02:06 AM
Rarely do ballbashers feel comfortable against Fed. You gotta play high percentage tennis against Fed without allowing yourself to get bullied. Nadal is the master of that style. Soderling isn't. He needs to play the right type of player to get his rhythm.

Gulbis and Del Potro would like to disagree...

Topspin Forehand
05-28-2010, 02:20 AM
Gulbis and Del Potro would like to disagree...
Soderling is no Del Potro and Gulbis did it in a MS. Fed paid him back though emphatically.

andy neyer
05-28-2010, 02:30 AM
Soderling is no Del Potro and Gulbis did it in a MS. Fed paid him back though emphatically.

Soderling is a ball basher like Delpo... And Federer could only defeat Gulbis in 3 tight sets in Madrid.

No-one is unvincible to anyone. Roger fares a lot better against ball bashers than Rafa but he's not inmune to them. No one is, really.

Topspin Forehand
05-28-2010, 02:35 AM
Soderling is a ball basher like Delpo... And Federer could only defeat Gulbis in 3 tight sets in Madrid.

No-one is unvincible to anyone. Roger fares a lot better against ball bashers than Rafa but he's not inmune to them. No one is, really.
12-0 against Soderling. Same thing he does to Davydenko. But it will definitely be better for Soderling to not play Fed in the final. I would say Del Potro is better at handling pace than Soderling though they both play similar games. It took Del Potro a long time to get to the point that he could beat Federer. Soderling has a bigger wind up on his forehand. That is a disadvantage against Federer imo.

waka
05-28-2010, 03:26 AM
As long as Fed follows the recipe to cook pigeons Fed has more chance to win.But I am not sure it still works because his level of play is declining a bit due to ageing.Sodering said he thought he always play badly when he faces to Federer but he had realized that he had lost not because he played badly but because Federer made him play badly.Federe knows how to deal with tall ballbusher but if he didn't follow the recipe like USOPEN final he could lose.Sorry this thread is not Fed vs Sod.:p