Thanks Alfonsojose, Star, Fee, Rosie, Space Cadet, Lee, RonE,Superpinkone3 .. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Thanks Alfonsojose, Star, Fee, Rosie, Space Cadet, Lee, RonE,Superpinkone3 ..

Buddy
09-09-2004, 09:39 AM
...Rick V, Tennis lurker, Auscon, Fee, tennischick and anantak2k!!!!

I'm being down by my studies (6 tests within a week!!! heartless lecturers!!!).. but I kept my tennis at bay and aside for a while... and last sunday i rallied with some friends in the rain... and i did well cos for some reason heavy, wet balls are disadvantageous to players who spin the ball...

i wasn't hoping much but today...i was playing in my school against the 5th seed in my group of tennis friends(we formed a mini ladder) and i managed to win the set 7-5!!! Of course time ran out(to play another set) but I'm very happy for two reasons!!!

1st: I was 3-5 down but i never gave up!!!

2nd:...i went for shots and somehow everything went in today!!! he was running more than me to save the shots..

3rd...i have never won the top 6 players in this group before...

my other records against this player is:

i lost 6-0,6-0
i lost 6-2,6-2
i lost 6-2
i lost 4-1

I'm very happy and all credits comes from you guys who gave all advices to me... convincing me to keep on playing.. :bounce:

yes the short break made me more eager to play... and today showed how much i missed playing...:)

gotta work on my backhand volleys though... keep missing the passing shots to that side...:)

(PS: sorry to anyone who gave me advice but i missed posting your name...you know i'm grateful to you too..but i'm in school now and hurry to post this thank you note..cos i gotta go study for two test tomolo...German and ugh...Instumental Analysis(a chemistry module...the most dry one ever...meaning those modules that once you open the book and read a few sentences you feel like sleeping...)

Space Cowgirl
09-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Yay, glad you're back into the swing of things, Buddy! :wavey:
I'm having great fun (re-)learning tennis as well. Yesterday I played for 3 hours on 3 different surfaces :) . Rebound Ace is definitely the surface for me, I can't figure out clay and carpet is too fast.

*Ljubica*
09-09-2004, 10:11 AM
You're welcome Buddy - glad you're feeling happier now. Keep smiling :)

alfonsojose
09-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Hi, Buddy :wavey: I'm happy for u

superpinkone37
09-09-2004, 01:54 PM
im glad the small break from tennis ended up helping a great deal. :) glad to have helped

Bilbo
09-09-2004, 01:59 PM
:yeah:

Lee
09-09-2004, 04:50 PM
:kiss: Buddy!

Fee
09-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Well, that's great for you Buddy, but I still SUCK at tennis. Who's going to help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? Nevermind, I'm behind help in this matter... :lol:

Lee
09-09-2004, 05:43 PM
And Buddy, may be our favourite player will learn something from you. He needs a REAL break from tennis.

Buddy
09-09-2004, 07:11 PM
And Buddy, may be our favourite player will learn something from you. He needs a REAL break from tennis.

i think he's injured...dun be too harsh on him...remember...he's playing at a professional level...taking a break may or may not be a good thing...players are getting better year in and out...it's difficult to maintain the standard every year...just look at all the disappointing results from safin, kuerten and so on...:sad:

but i do hope he gets back in his game....:bounce:

i think i'm in a transition state..so having a break gives me more mental alertness as well as more fitness instead of feeling tired and helpless...

for his case...the fitness is there cos they train almost everyday and have gotten used to it(dun forget the number of years he's on the circuit)...it's just his game that makes the huge difference...