The Atp site has a tribute to Todd Martin.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Atp site has a tribute to Todd Martin....

Dirk
09-09-2004, 10:19 AM
...but they didn't make one up for Rios and Ferriera. :sad: :fiery: I suppose when Kafelnikov does finally announce his retirement we can forget about ATP setting up one for him too. I don't want to take anything away from Martin because he does deserve one but I guess only the "PC Press Good Guys" get one. :rolleyes:

2Tough4Men
09-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Rios just kinda disappeared. Same with Kafelnikov. Takes much of the thump out of their retirements.

As for Ferreira, I'm sure they had something on it there.

Dirk
09-09-2004, 11:57 AM
They mentioned Rios's retirement but didn't go into detail about him and let fans leave messages for him.

2Tough4Men
09-09-2004, 11:58 AM
They mentioned Rios's retirement but didn't go into detail about him and let fans leave messages for him.

Also throw in this one fact. Todd Martin was much much much more involved in the business side of tennis than any of the players you mentioned.

Kristen
09-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Was it Martin or Ferreira that was the ATP president for a while? The players council.... Another of the guys I like. It's nothing political... right!? ;) lol

Via
09-10-2004, 01:42 AM
Dirk's observation is absolutely correct.... i can understand what's going on, but the atp is supposed to work for all players and fair should be fair.

azza
09-10-2004, 02:12 AM
hes american :rolleyes: and the atp site is american :rolleyes: see?

Via
09-10-2004, 02:24 AM
so where're the atp sites for europe, south america, or asia-pacific? i can't find them ;p

tennischick
09-10-2004, 04:40 AM
i didn't put Rios in my Old Balls Appreciation thread bec he played in la Republica Dominicana (PanAm Games) after he announced his retirement so i was confused. must make it up to him :kiss: