05-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Too much comedy in this match so far.

scarecrows
05-26-2010, 07:58 PM
the end of the match was surreal

Fog couldnt beat a cripple in the end, 3 MPs :smash:

rhinooooo
05-26-2010, 07:59 PM
lmao what the hell have I missed? I've only seen from 3-2 in the final set. This looks fucking epic.

out_here_grindin
05-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Insane stuff. Fognini grew up about 10 years tonight, then blew match points to a guy on crutches.

Shirogane
ahahah

KoOlMaNsEaN
Why the hell did the referee come out if he wasn't going to stop play.

Utter Ridiculousness

Action Jackson
Monfils having a double break at 4-1 in the 4th and then losing 8 games in a row.

Stefan Fransson comes on and the Fog was timewasting then Bernades gives me a point penalty when he served at *4-4. Then Monfils saves match points.

Montego
what a drama, what a comedy, what a tragedy

How the hell Fognini missed those matchpoints ? In the end I was ROTFL, havent seen anything like that.

French crowd is HORRIBLE, Monfils' box should be banned.

Pirata.
Amazing mental stamina from Fognini to hold after that long delay :yeah:

Sophocles
05-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Gutted to have missed this. Sounds hilarious.

2moretogo
This was epic. Everyone was kind of silly out there towards the end. I mean seriously, there is something wrong with Monfils, because he's honestly beyond even mug behavior at this point in his career.

Smoke944
Unreal.
Monfils will win tomorrow and celebrate like he won the French Open, and that is why he is an enormous waste of talent less relevant to the top of the game than Bobby Reynolds.

Polikarpov
I hope Fognini wins this as a "fuck you" to everything that happened. LOL at Monfils' dropshots.

Johnny Groove
Ridiculous match.

LOVE it.

green25814
05-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Greatest match of all time.

Ad Wim
the end of the match was surreal

Fog couldnt beat a cripple in the end, 3 MPs :smash:

Don't forget that they probably only saw the ball when it was very close.

Certinfy
Absolutely Unreal!

Action Jackson
I feel sad for not recording this.

out_here_grindin
Fognini fed Monfils a pro set bagel in the middle of the match. Fognini's camp nearly cost him the match, the did cost him 1 point.

Tutu
05-26-2010, 08:03 PM
That was just crazy. No words, no words.

Certinfy
05-26-2010, 08:03 PM
That was probably the most dramatic match I've ever seen :o

rhinooooo
05-26-2010, 08:04 PM
I will buy the DVD when this comes out. No doubt.

Orbis
Lmao, the match had everything at the end there, arguments, point penalties, tense play, injured players (?), match points saved, ridiculous crowd. The way they were playing in those last 2 games, it was obvious play should have been suspended though.

marquez
just waiting for some people to call fabio call a non-fighter the next time he plays :lol:

comes back from 3-4* in the 3rd, *1-4 in the 4th

could be a turnaround match for fabio's season as well

Jomp1
Monfils will probably take two straight games tomorrow..but thanks for the entertainment. Monfils had the match giftwrapped a couple of times.

out_here_grindin
The officials and umpire were doing everythign Monfils wanted, extending the match then giving Fognini a point penalty when Monfils asked.

Sillyrabbit
05-26-2010, 08:05 PM
They should have continued play and given them night vision goggles :rolleyes:

aussie_fan
05-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Great drama, got to love it

green25814
05-26-2010, 08:07 PM
I thought there was going to be a riot at some point.

Surely the Italians will complain about this though.

The Magician
Great drama! If Fognini had won 6-4 it would have been the GOAT match, now it depends on tomorrow. Good luck you fighter Fabulous Fognini :yeah:

Aaric
Fog-choke

docking34
05-26-2010, 08:08 PM
goddamnit. i missed some of this and now i will have to go back and watch this mugfils antics.

foul_dwimmerlaik
05-26-2010, 08:08 PM
I didn't think it's possible for me to hate Monfils more than I already do. I was wrong. What a fucking despicable, whiny clown. Please Fognini fuck him up tomorrow.

*Jean*
05-26-2010, 08:09 PM
That match was absolutely ridiculous. Why the hell didn't they stop the match at 4-4 ? Just because King Lazy Mugfils asked, and because he felt clever when provokating the crowd. I really hope Fabio can close the match tomorrow, just to shut Monfils and the crowd the hell up.

alter ego
Best match ever. The last 2 games were epic, they couldn't even see the ball. The linejudges must have been fucked.

vincayou
Comedy tennis at his best. Fognini and Monfils are perfect for this kind of match. And they chose to do it on a wednesday in front of the parisian kids. Perfect.

I feel only sorry for both coach.

Filo V.
None of this would have happened, if Monfils would have won the match in straights as he should have, and if Fabio didn't win the 5th set vs. a struggling Monfils. Both guys choked badly, and the organizers are disgraceful and reprehensible for their actions.

Dramatic match, but so much bullshit.

scarecrows
05-26-2010, 08:10 PM
really hope Fabio can take this but probably it'll be Monfils in 2 or 4 games

Chloe le Bopper
Lots of lulz at the end of this one. It was just retarded that they continued play past 4 all.

Certinfy
I don't get why Monfils wanted to carry on, I mean in the last 2 games he was struggling a lot...

r2473
I feel sad for not recording this.

I'll be fast forwarding to this match. (Hope "Tennis Channel" covered this one. Be funny to hear what J-mac has to say.)

*Jean*
I didn't think it's possible for me to hate Monfils more than I already do. I was wrong. What a fucking despicable, whiny clown. Please Fognini fuck him up tomorrow.

:worship:
That guy has no game, and is brainless. Too bad Fabio could not take one of these match points. :o

sheva07
This match should've been the final.

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 08:11 PM
I like Monfils, but I really badly want Fabio to win this. It would be such a downer if Gael wins after they (organizers, rowdy fans, Bernardes) basically did everything in their power to hand the match to him. Hopefully Fabio doesn't give them that pleasure.

Action Jackson
Monfils should have got the umpire to check some of the lines with a flashlight.

dombrfc
The officials and umpire were doing everythign Monfils wanted, extending the match then giving Fognini a point penalty when Monfils asked.

Really?

icara
what was the point of allowing 2 games anyway? Did they expect Monfils to break and hold serve. What is the difference between 4-4 and 5-5 other than of course forcing them to play in dark

Fedexex
Amazing pushfest+drama:worship:

The Magician
Shows you the difference between the slams. USO makes the right call in disqualifying that violent beast Serena even though she's an american, while FO does everything in their power to help the clown Monfils because he's french.

vincayou
Lots of lulz at the end of this one. It was just retarded that they continued play past 4 all.

They both wanted. Funny players. Well Fognini wasn't so sure when his coach started to yell at him.

Chloe le Bopper
05-26-2010, 08:12 PM
I like Monfils, but I really badly want Fabio to win this. It would be such a downer if Gael wins after they (organizers, rowdy fans) basically did everything in their power to hand the match to him. Hopefully Fabio doesn't give them that pleasure.
It's not quite the home advantage that USians get at the US Open, but they do what they can.

Rita
05-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Fabio you better win tomorrow :sobbing:

a_boy
05-26-2010, 08:13 PM
This is how dark the court was in reality. Eurosport stopped enhancing the lighting for a little bit, to show how stupid the situation was. :o

Andi-M
Gutted to have missed this :( sounds awesome.

Chloe le Bopper
Shows you the difference between the slams. USO makes the right call in disqualifying that violent beast Serena even though she's an american, while FO does everything in their power to help the clown Monfils because he's french.
Because Monfils verbally assaulted a linesperson, exactly like Serena, so this is clearly a valid comparison. Yeah, we were all there for that, too. You're not even a little bit deluded. Nope.

Congratulations, you are smart. Here's a cookie.

croat123
05-26-2010, 08:14 PM
I'll be fast forwarding to this match. (Hope "Tennis Channel" covered this one. Be funny to hear what J-mac has to say.)
espn showed isner for most of it :o

Chloe le Bopper
05-26-2010, 08:15 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/sleepy_boy/fogninimonfils.jpg

This is how dark the court was in reality. Eurosport stopped enhancing the lighting for a little bit, to show how stupid the situation was. :o
Hee! Yeah, I was getting Euro feed, so I saw that. It was comically stupid. I don't understand how anybody, aside from those directly involved, could actually be upset about this. It's hilarious.

Polikarpov
What an exciting night session this was!

Chris 84
I hope Fognini wins this as a "fuck you" to everything that happened. LOL at Monfils' dropshots.

i got the impression that fognini wanted to carry on as well.....until his coach started bellowing at him to stop. if he had wanted to stop they would have stopped, im pretty sure, but having said he wanted to play, they wouldn't let him go back on it.

thats what it looked like at least :unsure:

recessional

yeah, i saw that. ridiculous how dark it was out there.

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 08:16 PM

Stop with the conspiracy theories. Fognini wasted about 15 minutes in total, great for the game he got a code violation.

Chloe le Bopper
05-26-2010, 08:17 PM
i got the impression that fognini wanted to carry on as well.....until his coach started bellowing at him to stop. if he had wanted to stop they would have stopped, im pretty sure, but having said he wanted to play, they wouldn't let him go back on it.

thats what it looked like at least :unsure:
I totally agree. I mean, I obviously couldn't hear what he was saying, so maybe it didn't go down that way at all... but it seemed pretty clear to me that he was on board until the coach tried to wave him off.

OMGZ COACHING! CHEEETRZ!

Yeah, I'm pretty much done here now.

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 08:17 PM
It's not quite the home advantage that USians get at the US Open, but they do what they can.

US Open reference is irrelevant in this case, this is the French, I've never seen something THIS blatant before at the US. This was definitely among the most clear of "fixes" in Monfils' favor outside of Davis Cup I've seen in tennis. They basically tried to hand Monfils the match, and it almost worked. It would have been terrible for Fabio to lose in that condition.

The Magician
05-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Because Monfils verbally assaulted a linesperson, exactly like Serena, so this is clearly a valid comparison. Yeah, we were all there for that, too. You're not even a little bit deluded. Nope.

Congratulations, you are smart. Here's a cookie.

US crowd is always fair and doesn't disrupt play like the french. Also the officials are fair and the wildcards actually used well instead of the french. Also they have lights at the USO because they aren't stuck in the middle ages and actually care about tennis. FO is garbage basically :kiss:

Also Monfils assaulted the sport of tennis with his clownish play and whining, that's much worse than Serena :wavey:

Chloe le Bopper
US Open reference is irrelevant in this case, this is the French, I've never seen something THIS blatant before at the US. This was definitely among the most clear of "fixes" in Monfils' favor outside of Davis Cup I've seen in tennis. They basically tried to hand Monfils the match, and it almost worked. It would have been terrible for Fabio to lose in that condition.
I understand that you may be too young to remember USO 2003, and that's okay. I forgive you.

I lied, as I'm clearly not done here quite yet.

green25814

How were the conditions better for Monfils?

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 08:19 PM

Your forgot the scheduling of 2003 then?

Chloe le Bopper
US crowd is always fair and doesn't disrupt play like the french. Also the officials are fair and the wildcards actually used well instead of the french. Also they have lights at the USO because they aren't stuck in the middle ages and actually care about tennis. FO is garbage basically :kiss:

Also Monfils assaulted the sport of tennis with his clownish play and whining, that's much worse than Serena :wavey:
Yay, bigotry! FTW!

vincayou
The less people understood what happened, the more they talk it seems.

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Actually, they called the players to the net, Gael said he wanted to play on, and then Fabio went to the net, and the argument started. Gael was at the net first and the organizer asked him presumably "do you want to continue." And Gael said yes. Fabio came to the net like 20 seconds later. Probably told him that they were going forward, no matter what he thought of the situation. And then when he tried speaking his peace, the crowd got on him, and they didn't listen, gave him a point penalty.

It's pretty clear to me, at least, that they tried their damndest to hand the win to Monfils.

Chloe le Bopper
05-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Oops, my bad. flyboy is a troll, right?

*Jean*
Actually, they called the players to the net, Gael said he wanted to play on, and then Fabio went to the net, and the argument started. Gael was at the net first and the organizer asked him presumably "do you want to continue." And Gael said yes. Fabio came to the net like 20 seconds later. Probably told him that they were going forward, no matter what he thought of the situation. And then when he tried speaking his peace, the crowd got on him, and they didn't listen, gave him a point penalty.

It's pretty clear to me, at least, that they tried their damndest to hand the win to Monfils.

Of course everything was done for Monfils. HE wanted to continue so the chair umpire decided to continue. The official of the tournament came to the court to announce that play was suspended - as it was on all the other courts, and as soon as Monfils made gestures to the crowd, everything stopped, and Fabio never got the chance to speak up his mind.

Action Jackson
what was the point of allowing 2 games anyway? Did they expect Monfils to break and hold serve. What is the difference between 4-4 and 5-5 other than of course forcing them to play in dark

They have to finish on even games.

r2473
05-26-2010, 08:24 PM
espn showed isner for most of it :o

I recorded Tennis Channel. Do you know if they show the same stuff? Guess I'll find out tonight.

I imagine they showed Isner too though. Sucks. I always have to cheer for the Americans to lose so I can see some decent matches.

Lopez
05-26-2010, 08:25 PM

Read my sig :shrug:

The Magician
Not only that, they gave Fognini a point penalty even though his argument was completely reasonable and Monfils was wasting just as much time. Selective enforcement of the rules to give your guy the most advantage :yeah:

osmonde
What a stupid situation...they were only hitting accross court, no winners tried, like practising for a warm up...
Monfils should have close that match on the 3rd set...but he went on, and on, and on with stupid mistakes and lack of concentration.
Fognini still dandles every winning points as usual...
A clown match indeed... 5 minutes arguing of stop-no-stoop made the match suspended at 5-5 anyway with Monfils on one leg cramping on the other...
could have been finished by then.
Wonder how will be the final score tomorrow...

Andreas
05-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Damn, Monfils and the crowd is unbearable. I hate how he tries to gear them up.

Fognini better win tomorrow. It would be a big in-your-face to Monfils and his rude fellow Frenchies. When is it on tomorrow? And what court?

Lopez
Of course everything was done for Monfils. HE wanted to continue so the chair umpire decided to continue. The official of the tournament came to the court to announce that play was suspended - as it was on all the other courts, and as soon as Monfils made gestures to the crowd, everything stopped, and Fabio never got the chance to speak up his mind.

Nah, I don't think it was like that. Both said yes, then the Fog got some coaching not to continue and then magically changed his mind.

People blaming Bernardes, I don't think it was the ump's choice, I think that the referee/supervisor asked the players and then chose to continue. Ump can't go against that :shrug:

The Magician
Yay, bigotry! FTW!

Oh hey a Canadian who wishes she was French what a suprise :rolleyes: Only a complete idiot doesn't see the ridiculousness of this situation and the larger ridiculousness of this FO in terms of controlling the crowd, enforcing the rules, and awful scheduling. And it's not even week 2 :worship:

*Jean*

Fognini better win tomorrow. It would be a big in-your-face to Monfils and his rude fellow Frenchies. When is it on tomorrow? And what court?

:worship:

I guess he'll be on Match 2 on the Philippe Chatrier.

Certinfy
05-26-2010, 08:28 PM

Fognini better win tomorrow. It would be a big in-your-face to Monfils and his rude fellow Frenchies. When is it on tomorrow? And what court?Second match on Court Philippe Chatrier after Jelena Jankovic(SRB)[4] vs Kaia Kanepi(EST). ;)

The Freak
05-26-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm upset to have missed this!

Gael probably let this go to 5 sets on purpose, to increase the drama :lol:

dodo
05-26-2010, 08:30 PM
couldnt care less about the match until i randomly happened on it midway in the 5th.
top drawer clowning from there onwards.

elessar
05-26-2010, 08:31 PM

French TV did that, and it definitely wasn't representative of how dark it was. Or more accurately how much more light there still was.

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 08:31 PM
I remember a bit about 2003 US Open, the issues with the rainouts and scheduling, but that is NOT what is being discussed. Let's stay on topic, please everyone. This is about what happened here today at the French, and it was wrong what they did to Fabio. Trying to divert the issue to something completely different doesn't change what happened today.

Chloe le Bopper
05-26-2010, 08:32 PM

"Down with Frenchies"

Yay, more bigotry! :hearts:

green25814
I don't know why people are so upset, Monfils looked in worse condition than Fognini. It was probably the Italian's best chance to win.

Sillyrabbit
I kinda wish the match would have ended tonight, I'd love to have seen the limit the French crowd can be pushed too. Maybe they'd have started throwing stuff :lol: Most of the tension would probably have diffused by tomorrow.

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 08:33 PM

No, but you are a tiny bit defensive ;)

Topspin Forehand
Pathetic of the French to allow Monfils to keep playing. Favoritism once again of the worst slam crowd.

Chloe le Bopper
Oh hey a Canadian who wishes she was French what a suprise :rolleyes: Only a complete idiot doesn't see the ridiculousness of this situation and the larger ridiculousness of this FO in terms of controlling the crowd, enforcing the rules, and awful scheduling. And it's not even week 2 :worship:
I apologize, thread. I didn't realize that this one was a troll, too.

My ignore list has been appropriately updated. This thread and the other have done a remarkable job of weeding out bigots. Nice.

Aenea

isn't 4 all "even games"?

The Magician
05-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I don't know why people are so upset, Monfils looked in worse condition than Fognini. It was probably the Italian's best chance to win.

That's because Monfils has no brain, cause if he did he would have stopped at 4-4. We're more upset at how the French officials bend over for Monfils who by all measure is a mug.

RIboy
amazing scenes, really entertaining 30 mins :worship:

Action Jackson
I remember a bit about 2003 US Open, the issues with the rainouts and scheduling, but that is NOT what is being discussed. Let's stay on topic, please everyone. This is about what happened here today at the French, and it was wrong what they did to Fabio. Trying to divert the issue to something completely different doesn't change what happened today.

You tried to be smart and insinuate that the French were rigging this for Monfils and US Open 2003 was the same thing to benefit hometown boy.

dodo
05-26-2010, 08:35 PM
yeah, would have been pretty sweet to have it end on a disputed line inspection.

Action Jackson
isn't 4 all "even games"?

When they continued it on it has to finish at 6-4 or 5-5.

Filo V.
Read my sig :shrug:

Can you tell me the last time Nadal has lost being healthy and 100% fit on clay? Maybe Hamburg vs. Federer. That's basically it. Otherwise, yeah, I stand by what I say. Nadal doesn't and won't lose a clay match as long as he is 100%.

Aenea
05-26-2010, 08:36 PM

2nd after a WTA match on PC

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 08:36 PM
You tried to be smart and insinuate that the French were rigging this for Monfils and US Open 2003 was the same thing to benefit hometown boy.

Insinuate? I don't think I was doing that, the facts are pretty clear, we all saw what happened.

US Open 2003 is not French Open 2010.

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Whatever happened in other tournaments almost 10 years ago doesn't change the fact that what was done TODAY was wrong.

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Insinuate? I don't think I was doing that, the facts are pretty clear, we all saw what happened.

US Open 2003 is not French Open 2010.

You see what you want to see. Fognini was going to play then his coach and physical trainer told him to walk off and then the 15 minute delay at 4-4 happened.

Facts are clear, you are using selective memory.

Aenea
05-26-2010, 08:39 PM
When they continued it on it has to finish at 6-4 or 5-5.

yes, that's clear but initially they wanted to suspend the play at 4 all and that was the right decision to make so practically they gained nothing with allowing the players 2 more games.

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 08:41 PM
How were the conditions better for Monfils?
First of all, he had the momentum, which we could all see. So they wanted to ride that wave and hope he got the win. Secondly, it's not about the conditions more than it's about their total lack of regard towards Fabio while steering everything into a positive direction for Gael. Fabio had no say in the situation and he was dictated to by everyone, and then abused by the crowd when he was simply trying to speak and get his point across. Why were ALL of the other matches suspended for like 15 minutes before this one? Why didn't they ask Fabio if he wanted to continue? It's clear what happened here and I don't like it.

Lopez
05-26-2010, 08:41 PM
yes, that's clear but initially they wanted to suspend the play at 4 all and that was the right decision to make so practically they gained nothing with allowing the players 2 more games.

Nah, organizers wanted to continue and asked if it was OK. At that point no one wanted to quit. Then Fog received coaching and wanted to quit.

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 08:42 PM

I think it should have been done at 4-4, but that just added more to the high farce and entertainment on offer.

They needed spotlights and mining helmets it was a joke, hence the humour value shouldn't be lost.

Topspin Forehand
05-26-2010, 08:44 PM
First of all, he had the momentum, which we could all see. So they wanted to ride that wave and hope he got the win. Secondly, it's not about the conditions more than it's about their total lack of regard towards Fabio while steering everything into a positive direction for Gael. Fabio had no say in the situation and he was dictated to by everyone, and then abused by the crowd when he was simply trying to speak and get his point across. Why were ALL of the other matches suspended for like 15 minutes before this one? Why didn't they ask Fabio if he wanted to continue? It's clear what happened here and I don't like it.
Agreed. Monfils was joining right in on getting the crowd against Fognini. Stay classy Monfils.

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 08:44 PM
You see what you want to see. Fognini was going to play then his coach and physical trainer told him to walk off and then the 15 minute delay at 4-4 happened.

Facts are clear, you are using selective memory.

The organizer went to the net and asked Monfils if he wanted to keep playing. He said yes. They didn't ask Fabio if he wanted to continue, they made him do it and shut up, and then penalized him when he wanted to get his point across. I don't believe Fabio even recognized that as an option, and the coach and physio telling him to stop, that doesn't necessarily mean he was simply following their orders. Supposedly he made a gesture that he wanted to stop himself, but it didn't matter.

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 08:46 PM

Exactly.

icara
05-26-2010, 08:47 PM

That I know. The point is unless you are sure that one player can win both games there is no point of allowing the match to carry on. Either on 4-4 or 5-5, they will at least play 2 games the next day. If it was 2-2 or something like that you could argue that the organizers want to restrain the amount of games played the next day considering the amount of matches postpone to tomorrow. But at 4-4 there is no point unless you think one of them can win the match, and neither actually played as if they wanted to win so my question is...

Did they think Monfils could win if he has the crowd support and angry and sentimental opponent? If so not very objective of the organizers. If not, then what is the point when every other match was suspended.

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 08:47 PM
The organizer went to the net and asked Monfils if he wanted to keep playing. He said yes. They didn't ask Fabio if he wanted to continue, they made him do it and shut up, and then penalized him when he wanted to get his point across. I don't believe Fabio even recognized that as an option, and the coach and physio telling him to stop, that doesn't necessarily mean he was simply following their orders. Supposedly he made a gesture that he wanted to stop himself, but it didn't matter.

They did ask him as for the point penalty he had plenty of time to make his point. He looked up at Serrano and Serrano wanted him to go off, then walked over to Fransson and waving his hands. It took 15 minutes and in that darkness it's a lot of time.

Aenea
05-26-2010, 08:48 PM
I think it should have been done at 4-4, but that just added more to the high farce and entertainment on offer.

They needed spotlights and mining helmets it was a joke, hence the humour value shouldn't be lost.

yes, that's true though. at one point they showed some light coming from the Eiffel tower and I thought they have text messaged someone on the Eiffel tower to channel some light to the court :lol:

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Play on all other courts were suspended. The head organizer came out to announce the match was going to be suspended, and then they ASKED Monfils did he want to continue and he said yes. They didn't even ask Fabio. They should have never asked Gael. They should have suspended the match as it seemed they were originally going to.

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Did they think Monfils could win if he has the crowd support and angry and sentimental opponent? If so not very objective of the organizers. If not, then what is the point when every other match was suspended.

Fognini was the one with the match points, so they tried to get it done in the one day but it didn't happen.

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 08:51 PM
They did ask him as for the point penalty he had plenty of time to make his point. He looked up at Serrano and Serrano wanted him to go off, then walked over to Fransson and waving his hands. It took 15 minutes and in that darkness it's a lot of time.

Fabio did act unprofessionally and wasted time, so he isn't without blame, but they never should have asked the players to continue. And Fabio wasn't at the net when they asked Gael, he was at the baseline. Then he walked/was directed to the net. The ESPN announcers said he gestured he wanted to stop and then the organizer came to stop it. So why was Gael even asked to continue? If it was going to be stopped, then they should have done that. At least be consistent with what was going on the other courts, which was suspended play.

JediFed
05-26-2010, 08:54 PM
last time Nadal has lost being healthy

QF RG 2009.

Sodaking def Nadal 6-2 6-7 6-4 7-6

heya
05-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Yes, everyone knew the Roddick boy was reaching semis & finals at the US Open.
I forgot Federer was suffering from mistreatment in 2003, and later on.

Winnipeg
its up on youtube!

Sillyrabbit
Isn't there a point where it really doesn't matter what the players want or think and it's all dependent on the supervisor or umpire? 4-4 should have really been that point.

Geo
:spit: this match. and some of you mock the wta with all their drama and choking :lol: everyone knew this match had the makings of being something "special" when the draw came out, and it has lived up to expectations :p

pathetic that the organizers let it go on so late :o :retard:

Filo V.
QF RG 2009.

I'll repeat:

When is the last time Nadal lost on clay while being healthy?

Topspin Forehand
05-26-2010, 08:57 PM
QF RG 2009.

Wrong. Try again.

Pirata.
05-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Why is this thread turning into a Nadal discussion?

icara
05-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Fognini was the one with the match points, so they tried to get it done in the one day but it didn't happen.

So the match came from 3-0 to 4-4, and mainly due to Fognini not handling the pressure (or choking- whichever you prefer) but organizers somehow predicted that Fognini would have match points.

I do not imply a foul play here. I honestly believe that they thought one of the players could finish but they had no information that might imply that. So what was to point other than of course allow people to make jokes about night vision googles and mining helmets.

Action Jackson
Fabio did act unprofessionally and wasted time, so he isn't without blame, but they never should have asked the players to continue. And Fabio wasn't at the net when they asked Gael, he was at the baseline. Then he walked/was directed to the net. The ESPN announcers said he gestured he wanted to stop and then the organizer came to stop it. So why was Gael even asked to continue? If it was going to be stopped, then they should have done that. At least be consistent with what was going on the other courts, which was suspended play.

One wanted to play and the other was doubtful, but there was a lot of time wasting. Facts are it's not over, it got suspended and it will be finished tomorrow. It' was not a conspiracy.

The other matches weren't as deep into it were they? Therefore a lot easier to suspend their matches and of course they are going to try and finish as many matches as they can.

Filo V.

Because weak people hate greatness.

Certinfy
05-26-2010, 09:00 PM
I'll repeat:

When is the last time Nadal lost on clay while being healthy?RG R4 2009? :confused:

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 09:01 PM
:spit: this match. and some of you mock the wta with all their drama and choking :lol: everyone knew this match had the makings of being something "special" when the draw came out, and it has lived up to expectations :p

pathetic that the organizers let it go on so late :o :retard:

WTA is rubbish comedy, this was champagne comedy this is the difference.

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 09:01 PM

Nadal is not relevant here.

amierin
05-26-2010, 09:03 PM
It was said several times on ESPN (I Know) that the players should not have been asked. Suspend the match and leave it at that. Once the players were asked it was inevitable that play would continue.

Sillyrabbit

I'm wondering the same:confused:

It was said several times on ESPN (I Know) that the players should not have been asked. Suspend the match and leave it at that. Once the players were asked it was inevitable that play would continue.

Exactly my thoughts, at 4-4 there was no need to ask the players' opinions, it was dark already, play should have been called off.

Aenea

I agree. Leave Rafa-Sod out of this thread, they have nothing to do with what happened today on PC.

Topspin Forehand
RG R4 2009? :confused:
Miami 2010 on hard court. Hamburg 2007 on clay.

JediFed
05-26-2010, 09:04 PM

Obviously. The Sodaking was on fire that day.

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 09:06 PM
RG R4 2009? :confused:

:rolleyes: :)

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 09:06 PM

True. I don't know why people are bringing him up.

oranges
05-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Now we know why RG refuses to go with the times and install some lights. Where would the drama come from :lol:

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Obviously. The Sodaking was on fire that day.

I'll be waiting for a correct answer.

heya
05-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Monfils yelled at his box but Fabio was punished with a point deduction that delayed the game. He had to angrily serve with break points against him... That's why he missed everything while Monfils faced match points & had cramps.
Monfils should've said "I don't have the right to tell my opponent to play".

Filo V.
05-26-2010, 09:12 PM
One wanted to play and the other was doubtful, but there was a lot of time wasting. Facts are it's not over, it got suspended and it will be finished tomorrow. It' was not a conspiracy.

The other matches weren't as deep into it were they? Therefore a lot easier to suspend their matches and of course they are going to try and finish as many matches as they can.

I guess the issue I have is, they should have never asked Gael if he wanted to continue. Was it not a conspiracy, I don't know yet, I think it could definitely be. It put Fabio in a bad position, made him look like the bad guy to the crowd, and he didn't get a say in the matter. It's just very unfortunate and could have been easily prevented, if matches were stopped as they were originally going to be at 4-4.

It for sure is easier to stop matches that aren't as deep, but they were going to suspend Fabio vs. Gael and didn't after Gael said he didn't want to. It's understandable they wanted to finish the match, but I guess that wasn't being thought of when the organizer came to end the match.

But yeah, at the end of the day, the match is finished tomorrow, we'll see what happens.

Sunset of Age
05-26-2010, 09:22 PM
They - the ump, the referee, supervisor or whoever is in charge - should just have called it quits for today at 4-4. Any clown could have seen (or should have known) that it would get completely dark out there very soon indeed, especially with this weather condition. It wasn't like this match was merely a matter of 'serving it out' (i.e. it wasn't a 5*-2 kind of score) to either of the players at that point, they should have realized it might go on for quite some time still, meaning that chances were some 90% that the match would have be suspended later on anyhow.

The ultimate mistake was made when the players were asked if they'd like to continue or not. Bernardes should have realized that the crowd would start making a havoc at that point, and even then, he (and/or the supervisor) should have had the guts to withstand that havoc. He/they didn't. :o

I think all this 'conspiracy talk' is out of the loop though. Still, I hope Fognini will be able to win tomorrow, if only to send a clear message to the crowd that "you can't always get what you want..." - and to Monfils, too. :(

My 2 cents. :shrug:

Raquel
05-26-2010, 09:36 PM
The first 15 seconds is the light we got on TV. Then at about 0:17 the actual light in the stadium, for those who haven't seen it - wiYn-QDCyP8 :tape:

Certinfy
05-26-2010, 09:38 PM
wiYn-QDCyP8 :tape:Fixed :)

r2473
05-26-2010, 09:38 PM
The first 15 seconds is the light we got on TV. Then at about 0:17 the actual light in the stadium, for those who haven't seen it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiYn-QDCyP8 :tape:

Looks like a white piece of paper. That must not have been too interesting to watch.

He fixed it just as I posted.

Raquel
05-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Fixed :)
Thanks ;):hug:

tangerine_dream
05-26-2010, 09:49 PM
I only saw part of the controversy, but, why did Monfils want to keep playing in the dark? :scratch:

Helevorn
05-26-2010, 09:49 PM
I thought there was going to be a riot at some point.

Surely the Italians will complain about this though.

i hate fognini both as a player and as a man, but the french crowd is asking me to support fognini right now -_-

Sunset of Age
05-26-2010, 09:51 PM
I only saw part of the controversy, but, why did Monfils want to keep playing in the dark? :scratch:

That's THE big question. I think that with the support of the home crowd - intimidating, yes - he believed he would be able to carry through at that stage of the match. He thought he'd be able to take advantage of the situation, it's the only explanation I can think of. :shrug:

I think that also explains why quite a lot of people seem to be rooting for Fognini tomorrow. :o

shadows
05-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Astonishingly there's even more muggery in this thread than there was on the court, and that's saying an awful lot given the way the whole thing went.

Sunset of Age
05-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Astonishingly there's even more muggery in this thread than there was on the court, and that's saying an awful lot given the way the whole thing went.

Please elaborate on that 'muggery', I think 90% of folks over here are just discussing a rather embarrassing situation out on court today. :confused:

federernadalfan
05-26-2010, 10:05 PM
:lol: :lol::smash::smash::banghead::banghead::haha: :cuckoo: :cuckoo::spit::spit:
pretty much sums up the unfinished match.

SheepleBuster
05-26-2010, 10:16 PM

Absolutely. French fans are even more disgusting that Madridians. Not all French. I have very good French people. But they pulled the same crap with Roddick against Monfils last year. And Roger did complain about lights in 2005 or his first meeting with Rafa in the semis years ago. They just are stupid. France does not deserve a Grand Slam. They don't deserve a masters. Nothing. If you can't put a light on these arenas, then get the hell out.

tennishero
05-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Absolutely. French fans are even more disgusting that Madridians. Not all French. I have very good French people. But they pulled the same crap with Roddick against Monfils last year. And Roger did complain about lights in 2005 or his first meeting with Rafa in the semis years ago. They just are stupid. France does not deserve a Grand Slam. They don't deserve a masters. Nothing. If you can't put a light on these arenas, then get the hell out.

well said.

FlameOn
05-26-2010, 10:26 PM
I hope Fabio wins this. :p

icara
05-26-2010, 10:32 PM

Perhaps they do not have the money;) I would consider donating if that is the case.

Johnny Groove
05-26-2010, 10:34 PM
The French just need to install lights, and this all would be solved.

Matt01
05-26-2010, 10:40 PM
i hate fognini both as a player and as a man, but the french crowd is asking me to support fognini right now -_-

Wow, that must be hard for you :hug: :lol:

SheepleBuster
05-26-2010, 11:01 PM
well said.

Actually I typed it while I was eating ;) It makes no sense. What I meant to say is, France needs to get out of the business of tennis and let other countries have a slam. I don't give a rat's behind about Roland Garros soul (as Federer said). If you can't afford lights, then get out. This crap is getting old now. Every year they put Monfils matches close to night and he gets away with it. If this was during day, he would have lost it. He was choking, now he gets to go and regroup. He beat Roddick after Roddick started complaining from the 2nd set. Even Roger complained about light a couple of times. It's B.S. I knew the French are cheap but this is bad. I am glad Fognini didn't lose it after that point deduction. Now that would have been a crime.

oranges
05-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Mighty cyrusking has spoken, they'll move the RG somewhere else now :haha:

DomachowskaDreamer
05-26-2010, 11:07 PM
It was the most funny match I ever saw:haha:

But Fog was playing so lame on the MP's and before as well:rolleyes:
He should just drop shot all the time, and he would have won...:rolleyes:

But it seemed like he didn't want to win the match:haha:

Chloe le Bopper
05-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Impregnate me!!

oranges
05-26-2010, 11:17 PM

FFS, Monfils-Fognini thread here. Talk about combined Roddick/Federer obsession :lol:

tennishero
05-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Actually I typed it while I was eating ;) It makes no sense. What I meant to say is, France needs to get out of the business of tennis and let other countries have a slam. I don't give a rat's behind about Roland Garros soul (as Federer said). If you can't afford lights, then get out. This crap is getting old now. Every year they put Monfils matches close to night and he gets away with it. If this was during day, he would have lost it. He was choking, now he gets to go and regroup. He beat Roddick after Roddick started complaining from the 2nd set. Even Roger complained about light a couple of times. It's B.S. I knew the French are cheap but this is bad. I am glad Fognini didn't lose it after that point deduction. Now that would have been a crime.

it made sense the first time.. as long as the french crowd continue to completely disrespect other players and have these type of scenarios, they dont deserve a GS champion.

i was watching some of the monfils match, and some of the crowd would shout just as fognini was about to serve, this was in the third set when he was trailing a break.

SheepleBuster
05-26-2010, 11:22 PM
it made sense the first time.. as long as the french crowd continue to completely disrespect other players and have these type of scenarios, they dont deserve a GS champion.

i was watching some of the monfils match, and some of the crowd would shout just as fognini was about to serve, this was in the third set when he was trailing a break.

I mean I know we Americans get drunk during US open and cheer double faults. But still. I don't think we have fallen that low.

The Magician
05-26-2010, 11:28 PM

+1

tennishero
05-26-2010, 11:30 PM
btw the quality of tennis in this match was poor.. the murray-chela match was a complete contrast.

out_here_grindin
05-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Neither player was complaining about the light until they were asked about it. Unlike Roddick vs Monfils last year

coonster14
05-26-2010, 11:41 PM
certainly sounds dramatic based on all the comments here. ;)

SheepleBuster
05-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Neither player was complaining about the light until they were asked about it. Unlike Roddick vs Monfils last year

But that does not make it right. I was not even for Nadal Federer match at Wimbledon at night. I mean even though Nadal won, we all were left with the impression that maybe they could have gone for a few more games if they were playing the next day.

This is 21st century. If you can't afford lights, then bring torches. I don't know. Do something. It's so stupid it's not funny. Now I have nothing against French people per se. I have some great French friends. They are cheap but great :devil: But this is bad

out_here_grindin
05-26-2010, 11:47 PM
But that does not make it right. I was not even for Nadal Federer match at Wimbledon at night. I mean even though Nadal won, we all were left with the impression that maybe they could have gone for a few more games if they were playing the next day.

This is 21st century. If you can't afford lights, then bring torches. I don't know. Do something. It's so stupid it's not funny. Now I have nothing against French people per se. I have some great French friends. They are cheap but great :devil: But this is bad

I agree. Lights should be a #1 priority

Ouragan
05-27-2010, 12:40 AM
So many Americans just don't seem to have yet got over the freedom fries incident. Pretty sad. I still like their TV shows, though (most of them).

andylovesaustin
05-27-2010, 12:56 AM
Does Wimby have lighting?

Sunset of Age
05-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Does Wimby have lighting?

You haven't watched the 2008 final eh?
Yep, they have NOW. And a roof, too. ;)

Waterfox
05-27-2010, 01:00 AM
even Henin and Rezai can hit harder than Fagnini...

andylovesaustin
05-27-2010, 01:02 AM
You haven't watched the 2008 final eh?
Yep, they have NOW. And a roof, too. ;)

I watched it but I couldn't remember. It's been recently they added it.

I couldn't remember if last year..they used the lights.

Yeah.. I remember about the roof.

I guess it's time for the French to just add the lights at least.

They also need to add the call review system, too. I understand about the marks and all. But.. I just think why not get sort of standardized? Yep, all majors should have lights, review system, and probably a roof.

Pirata.
05-27-2010, 01:02 AM
So many Americans just don't seem to have yet got over the freedom fries incident.

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

VolandriFan
05-27-2010, 01:45 AM
It will be interesting to see Gael's physical state when he takes to the court tomorrow.

Fabio deserves to win after everything, I hope fortune favors him this time.

Pea
05-27-2010, 02:15 AM
Take it, Fabio!!!!!!!!

straitup
05-27-2010, 03:55 AM
It will be interesting to see Gael's physical state when he takes to the court tomorrow.

Fortune could've favored him today if he had converted on one of his match points.

Regardless, I need to set aside a time so I can watch this classic :lol:

Matt H
05-27-2010, 04:25 AM

I agree 100%. And I suspect that it all depends on how Monfils' legs feel tomorrow.

What a dramatic...surreal...bizarre...atmosphere. Riveting drama.

simplet
05-27-2010, 05:00 AM

Yeah and I have tons of black friends. These guys run really fast, so that's nice, I just hope they don't try to date my daughter...

Fucking bigots

Ibracadabra
05-27-2010, 05:11 AM
Only at roland garros

Scotso
05-27-2010, 05:41 AM
I really hope Fab takes this. Monfils is just over the top.

Action Jackson
05-27-2010, 05:44 AM
They are showing it again here now and into the 3rd set, just building the scene up.

As for RG and lights, the location of the event makes it very difficult for them to expand. They have to get planning permission for lights and expansion of the venue which is needed, if it can't be done there then it will have to be moved.

There is some absolute irrelevant stuff in there that needs to be cleaned up.

Raiden
05-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Why is this thread turning into a Nadal discussion?Cuz Nadal catburgled won Wimbledon in the dark, that's why.

LOL @ the wishy-washy hypocrite Nadal-hags (not all of them thank god) in this forum who are complaing that this Monf-Fog match should have been suspended earlier.

So now you agree that Nadal defeated a blind Fed and stole Wimbledon in 2008?

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-27-2010, 06:04 AM
Cuz Nadal catburgled won Wimbledon in the dark, that's why.

LOL @ the wishy-washy hypocrite Nadal-hags (not all of them thank god) in this forum who are complaing that this Monf-Fog match should have been suspended earlier.

So now you agree that Nadal defeated a blind Fed and stole Wimbledon in 2008?

Did Nadal get special lights, he played in the dark as well you brainless Fedtard.

No wonder the French cheer for Federer, look how classless they were.

Classless = Fedtards

Raiden
05-27-2010, 06:09 AM
I agree. Leave Rafa-Sod out of this thread, they have nothing to do with what happened today on PC.The Soderling beatdown is indeed not relevant but that doesn't mean Nadal isn't relevant in this thread.

Raiden
05-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Did Nadal get special lights, he played in the dark as wellThat's not the point. Light obviously doesn't discriminate, however that doesn't mean it will affect everyone exactly equally. I don't have the number specifications of both players' eyesight but who knows?...maybe Nadal is younger and therefore is more likely to have a better eyesight than Fed!

Action Jackson
05-27-2010, 06:21 AM
The Soderling beatdown is indeed not relevant but that doesn't mean Nadal isn't relevant in this thread.

Nadal isn't relevant in this thread end of story. Unless he has become black and tall or become an Italian.

Raiden
05-27-2010, 06:26 AM
Nadal isn't relevant in this thread end of story. Unless he has become black and tall or become an Italianor snatched a "lights out" victory in a match that should have been suspended.

Action Jackson
05-27-2010, 06:32 AM
or snatched a "lights out" victory in a match that should have been suspended.

He isn't relevant here. There are already threads about that match.

It's still funny watching this second time around Monfils having a double break in the 4th set and not getting it done. Rasheed should have kicked his arse hard when they back to the hotel.

Raiden
05-27-2010, 06:37 AM
People make such a big deal out of momentum. As if that by itself would cause a miracle. I suspect it's cuz Monf thought he had the momentum that he thought he sould continue. And that is also the precise reason why the coach (actually coaches) of Fogni intervened and wanted the game to end.

But looking in hindsight the prolonging of the match only caused more breakpoints and thereby those 3 matchpoints against Monf. In other words, the interruption didn't end the ongoing comeback/recovery that the Fog was buzy with.

dombrfc
05-27-2010, 07:08 AM
Rasheed should have gave Monf a goold old fashioned beating last night.
Please get it done today :)

FormerRafaFan
05-27-2010, 07:12 AM
I agree with what someone else said here.. The French crowd makes it impossible to cheer for Monfils. Oh yeah, and Monfils on court behavior doesn't help either. Really hope Fognini can win it today.

Deivid23
05-27-2010, 08:09 AM
They should continue at midnight today with helmet lights just for the laughs

Action Jackson
05-27-2010, 08:10 AM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/GeorgeWH/610x-82.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/GeorgeWH/610x-84.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/GeorgeWH/610x-83.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/GeorgeWH/x610-3.jpg

Knightmace
05-27-2010, 08:59 AM
OH MAN CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED ALL THE DRAMA ONLY WATCHES THE LAST FEW POINTS.

wHY DIDN'T Fognini just dropshot or something to make him move.

Action Jackson
05-27-2010, 09:07 AM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/GeorgeWH/610x-85.jpg

Iván
05-27-2010, 09:23 AM
what a disgrace

FlavorNuts
05-27-2010, 09:25 AM
when are these idiots going to install lights

Turquoise
05-27-2010, 09:27 AM
I pity the long-suffering Rasheed. Monfils managed to make a total hash of what should have been a straightforward victory. Fognini is going to rue those missed match points today. Entertaining stuff nevertheless, heightened drama provided by the light effects (or lack thereof) - just like a badly-scripted farcical soap opera.

But seriously, does it cost an arm and a leg for the French organisers to invest in some lights?

SerenaFederer
05-27-2010, 09:37 AM
seeing it now...wow :o this was ridiculous...any justice and fabio wins this match today

seems like monfils was giving the signal for the crowd to keep going when they were jeering fabio during that drama

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-27-2010, 09:41 AM
wow now this is drama. Yeah the quality wasnt great but it still beats the wta any day of the week. Welldone to monfils for saving those mps, i would have acted the same as he had, the crowd were bloody great

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-27-2010, 09:42 AM
monfils is a legend, an excitement machine. Guy always delivers and entertains

ShotmaKer
05-27-2010, 10:12 AM
I agree with what someone else said here.. The French crowd makes it impossible to cheer for Monfils. Oh yeah, and Monfils on court behavior doesn't help either. Really hope Fognini can win it today.

this. the crowd was simply unbearable yesterday.

Adri89
05-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Guys, you can rewatch the match on the site of the French Television here :

http://roland-garros.sport.francetv.fr/videos?video=2010-05-26&type=jourparjour

You have just to choose the day you want to see.

good_gambler
05-27-2010, 11:11 AM
wow now this is drama. Yeah the quality wasnt great but it still beats the wta any day of the week. Welldone to monfils for saving those mps, i would have acted the same as he had, the crowd were bloody great

If you like man ass.

I, for one, prefer the lady butt but each to their own I guess. :wavey:

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-27-2010, 11:20 AM
If you like man ass.

I, for one, prefer the lady butt but each to their own I guess. :wavey:

wow your a dumbass, to be honest i watch tennis too err watch tennis.

shit if you want to watch hot wta chiks, the only way is live. As their are very few streams for outside courts.

unless you enjoy perving on serena, stosur and safina. Each to their own i guess :lol:

Yappa
05-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Guys, you can rewatch the match on the site of the French Television here :

http://roland-garros.sport.francetv.fr/videos?video=2010-05-26&type=jourparjour

You have just to choose the day you want to see.
I doubt that it works for ppl who don't live in France.

Did Fog get the point penalty directly without having received a prior warning?

Mateya
05-27-2010, 11:45 AM
I watched this since 4-3 final set and I'm still in shock.

What a disgrace and just a :retard: decision making, then giving Fognini a point penalty, then playing in the darkest conditions I have ever seen. They should stop at 4-4 and everyone would be happy. Except maybe the :retard: director who wanted to finish this match no matter what. People who don't play tennis don't have a clue what a nightmare it is to play in the dark.
I will be rooting for Fognini today, hope he wins to shut up the crazy french crowd and Monfils too. What an animals who can't behave themselves and yet french are considered to be so classy and polite :tape: Plus, he already had MPs, so it would be very painfull if he loses this after all the drama and coming from 0-2 down.
I'm a Monfils hater since today, that's the only player in top300 I dislike. A true clown, born to be clown.

Tutu
05-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Why the fuck are you obsessed with the WTA, was it really necessary to bring it up? :retard: I pity you, you must be about ten years old.

jaysean
05-27-2010, 11:56 AM
im so pissed off i missed this match.

where can i get a reply of this match?

its not on youtube.

pleeeeeeeease, i need to see this.

andy neyer
05-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Just watched the last few games. Hilarius stuff. Fabio should learn to stop whining and play some tennis. I am glad Bernardes took a point off him.

The quality was pretty lame. Both players' footwork was non-existant. :lol: Hope to see more of this mughaton later on.

jaysean
05-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Just watched the last few games. Hilarius stuff. Fabio should learn to stop whining and play some tennis. I am glad Bernardes took a point off him.

The quality was pretty lame. Both players' footwork was non-existant. :lol: Hope to see more of this mughaton later on.

i prefer a dramatic match over a high quality match.
ur into the match more.

but if u can combine quality and drama into the same match, u get wimbledon final 2008 roger vs rafa.

Action Jackson
05-27-2010, 12:11 PM
i prefer a dramatic match over a high quality match.
ur into the match more.

but if u can combine quality and drama into the same match, u get wimbledon final 2008 roger vs rafa.

Hahahahaha.

jaysean
05-27-2010, 12:21 PM
I pity the long-suffering Rasheed. Monfils managed to make a total hash of what should have been a straightforward victory. Fognini is going to rue those missed match points today. Entertaining stuff nevertheless, heightened drama provided by the light effects (or lack thereof) - just like a badly-scripted farcical soap opera.

But seriously, does it cost an arm and a leg for the French organisers to invest in some lights?

french economy is bankrupt.
all of europe is bankrupt.
we all might need to ask china for some money to install some lights.

GasquetFan
05-27-2010, 12:22 PM
I doubt that it works for ppl who don't live in France.

Did Fog get the point penalty directly without having received a prior warning?

It works fine for me in Australia :shrug:

Zirconek
05-27-2010, 02:22 PM
:yawn: :armed:

scarecrows
05-27-2010, 04:53 PM
just when this was about to start it rains again

CescAndyKimi
05-27-2010, 04:56 PM
I watched this since 4-3 final set and I'm still in shock.

What a disgrace and just a :retard: decision making, then giving Fognini a point penalty, then playing in the darkest conditions I have ever seen. They should stop at 4-4 and everyone would be happy. Except maybe the :retard: director who wanted to finish this match no matter what. People who don't play tennis don't have a clue what a nightmare it is to play in the dark.
I will be rooting for Fognini today, hope he wins to shut up the crazy french crowd and Monfils too. What an animals who can't behave themselves and yet french are considered to be so classy and polite :tape: Plus, he already had MPs, so it would be very painfull if he loses this after all the drama and coming from 0-2 down.
I'm a Monfils hater since today, that's the only player in top300 I dislike. A true clown, born to be clown.

Shut up.

ApproachShot
05-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Would be so ironic if they got back on the court as it gets darker again.

LleytonMonfils
05-27-2010, 05:13 PM
A lot of you look like idiots now because they just spoke to the referee and he said that both players agreed to continue playing then Fog changed his mind after looking over at his box. Figured this is exactly what happened. Fog has no one to blame but himself for agreeing to continue play then trying to change his mind.

Action Jackson
05-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Once the match restarts please go to the RG commentary thread as I lock this one up until it's complete.

The Magician
05-27-2010, 05:19 PM
A lot of you look like idiots now because they just spoke to the referee and he said that both players agreed to continue playing then Fog changed his mind after looking over at his box. Figured this is exactly what happened. Fog has no one to blame but himself for agreeing to continue play then trying to change his mind.

If you actually watched the interview the referee gave a bunch of non-answers and deflections. It's obvious he's covering his own ass and has probably been getting a lot more crap from press that's not as nice as ESPN. The ref is an all around joke anyway. You don't ask players if they'd like to play best of 3 or 5, you don't ask the players whether to use singles or doubles lines, and you don't ask the players if they'd like to play into the night :wavey:

River
05-27-2010, 05:20 PM
It's Fog's fault for agreeing with Gael to continue. However, he decided to stop and Gael wanted to keep going, and the umpire went with Gael. I mean, anyone with a brain would know when to stop. But Mr. Monfils, as usual, trying to play up the crowd to his advantage.

The problem at the beginning was giving the players the ability to CHOOSE WHETHER OR NOT TO PLAY.

Still dislike Monfils a little more now.

Take him out, Fog.

LleytonMonfils
05-27-2010, 05:23 PM
If you actually watched the interview the referee gave a bunch of non-answers and deflections. It's obvious he's covering his own ass and has probably been getting a lot more crap from press that's not as nice as ESPN. The ref is an all around joke anyway. You don't ask players if they'd like to play best of 3 or 5, you don't ask the players whether to use singles or doubles lines, and you don't ask the players if they'd like to play into the night :wavey:

Your examples have absolutely no correlation at all. Pathetic attempt to say the least. The guy clearly said both players agreed to keep playing, and so he went with it as well. He clearly 100% said that in the interview. How is that a non answer and deflection, when again I'll repeat he said BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH players agreed to keep playing. Foghead only backed out when he looked up at his box a few minutes later. The guy shouldn't have agreed to keep playing along with Monfils if he didn't want to keep playing, period.

It's true the referee should have taken better control of the situation, but you were one of the ones who sort of though Fog was pushed in the direction of continuing to play, and forced to do so and that couldn't be further from the truth. Like the ref said in the interview, Fog agreed to keep playing. He has no one to be angry with but himself.

River
05-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Your examples have absolutely no correlation at all. Pathetic attempt to say the least. The guy clearly said both players agreed to keep playing, and so he went with it as well. He clearly 100% said that in the interview. How is that a non answer and deflection, when again I'll repeat he said BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH players agreed to keep playing. Foghead only backed out when he looked up at his box a few minutes later. The guy shouldn't have agreed to keep playing along with Monfils if he didn't want to keep playing, period.

It's true the referee should have taken better control of the situation, but you were one of the ones who sort of though Fog was pushed in the direction of continuing to play, and forced to do so and that couldn't be further from the truth. Like the ref said in the interview, Fog agreed to keep playing. He has no one to be angry with but himself.

I agree that he wanted to continue. But he grew a brain and decided to stop, in which Gael protested to.

I don't know about you, but right then and there Fog should have said "You know what, f*ck you" and should have up and left. Screw the French Crowd and screw Gael, when you can't see the ball you can't see it, end of story. Gael knew Fog was flustered over the situation and used it to his advantage.

ShotmaKer
05-27-2010, 05:28 PM
they're about to resume playing. Fog getting booed as he walks onto the court.

federernadalfan
05-27-2010, 06:06 PM
:lol: :lol: mugfils loses

Vida
05-27-2010, 06:07 PM
hahaha. clap clap clap. :yeah:

SerenaFederer
good job fabio :)

ShotmaKer
:haha:

River
Justice has been served, Italian style.

Shirogane
lol

rhinooooo
HAHAHAHA

Good job Fabio

SheepleBuster
The cheat lost! Tennis won today. I don't ever want to see Monfils play again

scarecrows
05-27-2010, 06:08 PM
fucking YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

big win for Fabio

dedicated to Bilbo who said that Massu has more fighting spirit in his finger than Fognini has in his brain

Montego
FUCK YEAH :yeah:

Fognini was so much better in the reminder, he desereved to take it earlier

Bremen
Lol

l_mac
:lol:

LleytonMonfils
Nice WTA tactics by Fognini, pretty pathetic when you out push Monfils. Screw that douche bag.

TheBoiledEgg
well done Fabio

after that clown MUGfils playacting last night, he deserves to lose and he did :haha: :spit:

vincayou
Fognini was a bit lucky with netcords and lines, but he was the one trying to win it.

chenx15
wow! what an exciting match!

scoobs
Superb result.

ossie
dedicated to the french crowds all over the world

tangerine_dream
05-27-2010, 06:09 PM
:haha: Roddick was right about Monfils.

Don't care about Fogini just happy to see the Parisians on the losing side again. :D

Fee
I like Gael, but something about this win seems like justice.

Arkulari
dedicated to the french crowds all over the world

this :devil: