Reister def. Rochus 6-2, 6-2, 7-6 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Reister def. Rochus 6-2, 6-2, 7-6

Sjengster
05-26-2010, 06:23 PM
He'll have the advantage of surprise against Federer in the third round, that's for sure.

Fedicilous
05-26-2010, 06:24 PM
I guess he will be suprised by playing on Philippe Chatrier court, that's for sure.

Sunset of Age
05-26-2010, 06:26 PM
:tape: :help: :o

Sjengster
05-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Who knows, this one could be on Lenglen, bearing in mind there are other third-rounders like Murray v Baghdatis and Monfils v Wawrinka in the offing.

r2473
05-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Can someone describe how Reister looks and his style of play? Like most, I have never seen the guy.

Is there any way he could give Fed trouble (especially as Fed has probably never seen him before)? Could he take a set?

Sunset of Age
05-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Can someone describe how Reister looks and his style of play? Like most, I have never seen the guy.

Is there any way he could give Fed trouble (especially as Fed has probably never seen him before)? Could he take a set?

Well, he's already upset two 'decent' players (take that for what it's worth :angel:), and Feds has this habit of struggling against players he doesn't know/hasn't played against before. Anyone remembers Tokyo 2007?

r2473
05-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Well, he's already upset two 'decent' players (take that for what it's worth :angel:), and Feds has this habit of struggling against players he doesn't know/hasn't played against before. Anyone remembers Tokyo 2007?

Thanks.

I see this is being discussed in the "Fed vs. Resister" thread.

Imagine how exciting it must be for this kid. Made it through qualies, gets 2 nice wins at a slam, and then gets to play Fed. He must be on top of the world right now. Great to see.

Aenea
05-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks.

I see this is being discussed in the "Fed vs. Resister" thread.

Imagine how exciting it must be for this kid. Made it through qualies, gets 2 nice wins at a slam, and then gets to play Fed. He must be on top of the world right now. Great to see.

kid? what kid? Reister is 24.

JMG
05-26-2010, 06:44 PM
With 24 you are a kid.

Foosimoo
05-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Oli didn't want to play Fed, obviously.

Corey Feldman
05-26-2010, 06:45 PM
lets see what he does v Fedmug

r2473
05-26-2010, 06:59 PM
kid? what kid? Reister is 24.

Even more exciting then. He has (probably) been laboring on the challenger circuit for a while and appreciates how sweet this is.

Roamed
05-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Never won an ATP level match before this tournament (0-3).

Aenea
05-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Even more exciting then. He has (probably) been laboring on the challenger circuit for a while and appreciates how sweet this is.

More likely he's the only idiot who wants to be squashed by Fed on the center court. His playing activity is beyond pathetic even on a CH level. Reister is 0-3 on ATP level :rolleyes: being 24 and played only 3 ATP matches and losing all of them :o

Sunset of Age
05-26-2010, 07:09 PM
More likely he's the only idiot who wants to be squashed by Fed on the center court. His playing activity is beyond pathetic even on a CH level. Reister is 0-3 on ATP level :rolleyes: being 24 and played only 3 ATP matches and losing all of them :o

Then how come he managed to beat Flopez and Ollie in a row? Do you think both of them tanked? :scratch: :confused:
Dunno why, but I don't think Fed will 'squash' him. :cool:

Aenea
05-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Then how come he managed to beat Flopez and Ollie in a row? Do you think both of them tanked? :scratch: :confused:
Dunno why, but I don't think Fed will 'squash' him. :cool:

Fluke wins, Karin. Besides Feli isn't a force on clay :shrug:
Reister will be squashed do no doubt that, he'll fold like a tent playing on the CC and against mighty Fed.

r2473
05-26-2010, 07:13 PM
More likely he's the only idiot who wants to be squashed by Fed on the center court.

I bet you could find lots of people that would pay to be squashed by Fed on center court in the 3rd round of the French Open. I know I sure would.

misty1
05-26-2010, 07:16 PM
he'll fall easy to fed but what a terriffic week for him he'll rise to world # 124 with his showing here

its nice to see a qualifier taking advantage of this oppertunity too.

and lets not bash this guy, yes like i said he'll fall easy to federer but this huge for him

Sunset of Age
05-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Fluke wins, Karin. Besides Feli isn't a force on clay :shrug:
Reister will be squashed do no doubt that, he'll fold like a tent playing on the CC and against mighty Fed.

Well I know Lopez is not actually a clay-wonder, but still should be able to 'squash' Mr.-Unknown-Ranked-168-Without-Any-ATP-Victory methinks. Same with Rochus. Hope you're right that these were just flukes.

I don't think Reister will really mind getting squashed btw. But I have yet to see it. ;)

Corey Feldman
05-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Nadal fan unhappy about watching players being squashed in 3 quickie sets at RG

now thats funny

marquez
05-26-2010, 07:35 PM
surprising for me

nice surprise though

BlueSwan
05-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Who knows, this one could be on Lenglen, bearing in mind there are other third-rounders like Murray v Baghdatis and Monfils v Wawrinka in the offing.
When was the last time that Federer did not play on "center court" at ANY event. I can't even remember. Must be years ago, I guess. Anyone remember?

Aenea
05-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Nadal fan unhappy about watching players being squashed in 3 quickie sets at RG

now thats funny

:cuckoo:
where I said I was unhappy :D

Sjengster
05-26-2010, 07:44 PM
When was the last time that Federer did not play on "center court" at ANY event. I can't even remember. Must be years ago, I guess. Anyone remember?

QFs against Gonzalez here two years ago, I believe.

Drikke
05-26-2010, 10:49 PM
This Reister played extremely well today

Sunset of Age
05-26-2010, 10:55 PM
This Reister played extremely well today

Apparently he did, and like I said earlier, I have a hard time to believe that beating Flopez and Rochus in straights in a row in a GS tournament is just a 'fluke'.

Maybe the 2010-version of Martin Verkerk? ;) ;) ;)

Singularity
05-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Well, Federer had a pretty bad nightmare before that match! And we all know how much Fed likes his sleep.

"I jumped out of bed and stood up screaming in a state of shock. I didn't know where I was," Federer said.

"I ran and hit the corner of the bed and I have a big bruise now. It was a pretty scary moment."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/5412402.stm

r2473
05-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Well, Federer had a pretty bad nightmare before that match! And we all know how much Fed likes his sleep

I had never heard that before. Funny stuff.

Probably from the opium pipe he was smoking before he went to bed would be my guess.

Sunset of Age
05-27-2010, 12:04 AM
I had never heard that before. Funny stuff.

Probably from the opium pipe he was smoking before he went to bed would be my guess.

:lol: First of all, it was 2006. Time Flies. :angel:
But of course, no excuse for his absolutely piss-poor performance against the #1001 ranked ATP player in his 1st round (yep not joking - sorry, can't remember the name of the guy right now - EDIT: Takao Suzuki) at that time.

In other words: anything can happen. ;)

Singularity
05-27-2010, 12:37 AM
Well, to defend Federer a bit more, Suzuki was only ranked so low because he was coming back from injury. I do agree with your point though. I mean this is tennis, after all!

shotgun
05-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Nice run, shame he's up against Federer now.

Frederick16
05-27-2010, 07:50 AM

he is a blond guy and has a normal body. He has no sixpack or so and isn't really a muscleman. I was at his match against lopez. Lopez was sooooooooo bad i would have taken games of him that day. Reister has no killer serve or any killer shots. He looks like a normal good player who is in great form. His advantage is that he plays very high tempo rallies. He is not waiting for that kick serve to go to 3 meters high, but he steps in the court and take it early. His dropshot is hilarious bad and he scores the most points with his forehand. He has a very positive way of playing. Many people cheered for him.