Tsonga lashes out at French Open organizers [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tsonga lashes out at French Open organizers

Knotty Fort
05-26-2010, 03:57 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/tennis/05/26/tsonga.french.ap/index.html

The juicy bits:

"Frankly, I was a bit disappointed because I was playing on a Sunday," Tsonga said. "I had asked not to play on a Sunday, absolutely, because I had practiced in such a way that I thought I wanted to play on a Monday or Tuesday, to be totally fit. But they imposed it on me."

Tsonga said the organizers should have shown more respect considering his ranking and nationality.

"Today, we're in France. I'm French. I'm the French No. 1. I would have thought it was legitimate for me to be listened to," Tsonga said.

"If you look at (Andy) Murray, if he decides on a day or a time schedule at Wimbledon, nobody is going to impose anything on him. For (Roger) Federer, in his country it's the same. And in the U.S., I suppose it's the same thing for the best American players. I think that Lleyton (Hewitt) probably plays in the sun during the Australian Open because he loves the sun and other opponents don't like the sun."

"If I had lost on Sunday because I was not feeling good, then many people would have been disappointed. This would have been a bit silly, I think," Tsonga said. "But it wasn't the case, so I'm here, and I'm fit. I'm ready to play. This story will continue, and that's the end of the story."

Well I think he has a valid point, though it does come across as a bit "diva-ish". Although every player must be ready to play at any time, I would have thought the French open organizers could have pulled some strings to help their national players.

borracho
05-26-2010, 04:01 PM
crycry

Time Violation
05-26-2010, 04:05 PM
He is not that big star I guess, even though he is French no. 1. :p

jaysean
05-26-2010, 04:05 PM
oh poor baby......

whinging frenchies....

whats the matter joey boy, waving the white flag just like ur military are we?

toughen up like the spaniards and u might win a grand slam for a change.

Foosimoo
05-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Somebody call the waaaambulance.

Sophocles
05-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Not sure he's right about Wimbledon. Their schedule is pretty rigid. He's certainly right out the other slams though.

Bobby
05-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Maybe Tsonga should let the organizers do their job and just focus on playing.

decrepitude
05-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Yes, Wimbledon will give Murray the Centre court most of the time, and arrange the times to fit in with tv if possible, but they wouldn't alter the schedule for him. The only slam that I have noticed messing around with schedules is the US Open.

Certinfy
05-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Tsonga :worship: About time.

Topspin Forehand
05-26-2010, 04:15 PM
What a whiny bitch this Tsonga is. Hopefully the French make the courts ultra-slow for him.

tennisfan856
05-26-2010, 04:17 PM
It's not like he'll win it anyways.

Har-Tru
05-26-2010, 04:17 PM
:haha:

What a clown.

oranges
05-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Why are people seeing it as demanding is beyond me. He was carrying an injury and asked to play on a day that's still a perfectly normal one for his half, it's not even something that requires serious schedule shuffling like Gasquet's request. I'd expect them to oblige any player if possible, let alone a home one.

gulzhan
05-26-2010, 04:28 PM
I agree. They could have had him play on Monday easily, they had plenty of matches to chose from. I don't understand organizers. And I think Tsonga's comment is fair.

wackykid
05-26-2010, 04:41 PM
It's not like he'll win it anyways.

probably trying to come out with excuses in advance should he lose later... :rolleyes:

regards,
wacky

R.Federer
05-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Yes, Swiss organizers in the all-important tournament in Basel or Gstaad for that matter, will let the Feds have his way....

Anyhow, he is wrong about Hewitt. He has not always been accommodated at the AO. And Tim Henman will tell us all more about how much the Brit organizers love him to slow down the grass.

scoobs
05-26-2010, 04:46 PM
His Murray example is rubbish, they won't stick Murray on whatever day he wants to play, he'll play based on what half of the draw he's in and the Wimbledon schedule is very rigid in that way. He may get a bit of flexibility in terms of time of day he plays but they are more likely to listen to the BBC in terms of when they want him on the TV than to Murray himself.

Commander Data
05-26-2010, 04:47 PM
what a pussy.

Smoke944
05-26-2010, 04:48 PM
He's right.

Abc Tennis
05-26-2010, 04:53 PM
http://www.creaconstile.it/images/piantoKleenex.gif

[...]I thought I wanted to play on a Monday or Tuesday[...]
Seriously, he wanted to play on Tuesday, too? Are all these French players too dumb to understand that top-half of the draw plays 2nd round on Wednesday? :eek::eek:

Puschkin
05-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Nothing new, he is an arrogant prick, normally he just hides it well.

Dusk Soldier
05-26-2010, 05:19 PM
He really has no idea what he's talking about.

Murray has no control over when his matches are. The BBC does.

And all of Roddick's matches at the US Open are night matches on Arthur Ashe. I highly doubt he requested that.

I guess that's how thing's work at the 250 level tournaments, and he just assumed that the slams were run the same way.

Schu
05-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Wow, being "French #1" getting to his head a bit.

While it probably wasn't going to screw up the schedule if they put him on Monday, there was a reason the organizers did it (probably wanted to draw more people to RG on Sunday)and changing the schedule just so his highness could feel a bit more fit is diva. I imagine every player in the draw wants the schedule adjusted so they can feel better.

Then whinning about it to the press just shows what he really is. He might want to get his facts straight before he spouts off next time.

Deivid23
05-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Shut the fuck up and play you donkey

Sillyrabbit
05-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Booooooooooooo!!!

chewy
05-26-2010, 05:58 PM
I think he was just venting out because he was a little disappointed with the organisers decision or lack of consideration. No biggie

nobama
05-26-2010, 06:11 PM
He really has no idea what he's talking about.

Murray has no control over when his matches are. The BBC does.

And all of Roddick's matches at the US Open are night matches on Arthur Ashe. I highly doubt he requested that.

I guess that's how thing's work at the 250 level tournaments, and he just assumed that the slams were run the same way.Er, at the US Open Roddick usually plays during the day on weekends. Night matches are only considered 'prime time' during the week.

luxsword
05-26-2010, 06:34 PM
le melon

Amber Spyglass
05-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Maybe he had a point(if even a little whingy) by suggesting Monday,that's reasonable but then he goes on to completely rubbish his argument by saying "or tuesday".Yeah I'm sure he would have been delighted to play back to back tuesday and wednesday :rolleyes:.It's embarrassing at this stage when players don't understand the simple logic behind top and bottom and their allocated days.My guess(for not playing him Monday) is they had already refused Gasquet's request because their hands were tied there(two days in a row again for the winner of that match)so with Tsonga being a fellow Frecnchman word would have surely got out to Gasquet that he had gotten his request which could obviously lead to bad feeling and problems

Aaric
05-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Hopefully he gets crushed next match so that he doesnt need specific time/court to play in anymore

philosophicalarf
05-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Yes, the Bois de Boulogne 250 should definitely arrange things around their star player.

Oh wait, this is a slam. And Tsonga is only just in the top10, maybe top20 on clay. Suck it up, Ali.

Arkulari
05-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Tsonga :retard:

Guy Haines
05-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Such a charmer.

Guy Haines
05-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Booooooooooooo!!!

:lol:

yellowboy906
05-26-2010, 07:39 PM
i'm surprise by how stupid the french open organizers too. first they rejected gasquet's appeal, then clownga complains about their schedule. don't they care about their top players?

Mjau!
05-26-2010, 07:50 PM
The french organizers are justified in not reshuffling the schedule merely to accomodate this clay court jester. :yeah:

buddyholly
05-26-2010, 08:00 PM
I agree. They could have had him play on Monday easily, they had plenty of matches to chose from. I don't understand organizers. And I think Tsonga's comment is fair.

Better TV ratings for French TV if he plays on a Sunday.

Ivanatis
05-26-2010, 08:08 PM
what a crybaby
Gasquet's complaint was appropriate though

elessar
05-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Better TV ratings for French TV if he plays on a Sunday.
Not really, monday was a bank holiday in France. Mainly the OOP for sunday would have been dismal with no Federer/Nadal/Djokovic/Murray/Gasquet/Monfils scheduled, if Tsonga hadn't played.

oranges
05-26-2010, 08:59 PM
what a crybaby
Gasquet's complaint was appropriate though

How? Gasquet's request actually required some effort and going out of the way by the organizers. Judging by Murray's post-match interview, it was never going to happen since he says he was against it, but no one asked him, presumably because they've already decided no go so no point in consulting him. This one was a formality, plenty of Monday matches, one of which could have easily been switched to Sunday. There was actually no need for Jo to stress he's French, no1 French or anyhting of the kind, IMO they should accommodate any player recovering from an injury or having any other justified reason to play on Monday, not Sunday. Unless there's ten of them who request it, they'd hardly have problems with the schedule. Him being home player makes it just even more ridiculous.

BTW, I'd love to see all those booing here what would they say if their chosen ones were denied a perfectly feasible day off in a similar situation, in particular the Rafa and Fedtards. Hypocrites.

Ivanatis
05-26-2010, 09:13 PM
It's got nothing to do with the nationality for me. Gasquet should not have played on Monday due to the Nice final. Same goes for Verdasco, but he was scheduled for Tuesday anyway if I remember correctly. The organisation simply shouldn't have created a situation that had Gasquet to appeal. Murray's opinion is pointless (as is Gasquet's, but I can understand him), of course he'd prefer to play a tired Gasquet, even if he'd never admit it. The way this turned out will only get players to tank in smaller tournaments before GSs or stay away from them entirely, like Gasquet could have tanked against Starace in the SF, which sucks a lot.

However, this is about Tsonga and his complaining is completely ridiculous.

oranges
05-26-2010, 09:26 PM
You're missing the point, Gasquet playing on Tuesday would be outside the schedule for his half, which consequently means that the winner will basically get to play two days in a row at some point, probably the next round, which is where Murray's opinion comes into play. Not sure if it's actually regulated, but from fairness perspective you can't force him into such a situation. All of which is beside the point since the organizers were not willing to to shuffle the schedule anyway. I'd expect them to make some effort for one of their players, but whatever, at least they have the excuse it would be too much work and just can't be done. The have no excuse whatsoever for not moving a Sunday match to Monday. Why is it ridiculous for someone to ask for a day more to be sure the back is healed as much possible only you know. I guess we haven't had enough withdrawals and retirements this season, no need to bother preventing new ones if possible.

Ivanatis
05-26-2010, 09:35 PM
You're missing the point, Gasquet playing on Tuesday would be outside the schedule for his half, which consequently means that the winner will basically get to play two days in a row at some point, probably the next round, which is where Murray's opinion comes into play. Not sure if it's actually regulated, but from fairness perspective you can't force him into such a situation.

Of course you can, with 7 matches in 15 days, with a weather forecast that makes a blind man see that the schedule will be screwed in the long run anyway.

Talking about Tsonga's injury: If they'd accepted it, probably 10 other ATP players would be ready to have their matches rescheduled, not to mention at least 50% of the WTA players.

It's very obvious that in contrast to me not having much sympathy for Gasquet you're either a Murray or a Tsonga supporter and thus not neutral.:shrug:

Dini
05-26-2010, 09:37 PM
No drama. He's got a right to be pissed. RG scheduling has been a bit pathetic all in all.

oranges
05-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Apocalypse will start for me being called a Murray supporter :haha: I think the problem is more in you liking one Frenchie and not the other, rather than the opposite. Like I said, IMO they should have made the effort for Gasquet as well, but at least there's some excuse they can fall back on. They have none whatsoever in the other case and no, there won't be a trillion players insisting on Monday, rather than Sunday.

Il Primo Uomo
05-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Not sure he's right about Wimbledon. Their schedule is pretty rigid. He's certainly right out the other slams though.

As far as I know Hewit and Federer are huge champions regardless their nationality. Tsonga, hum, NOT SO MUCH.

So dude better drop the attitude, start being relevant and them maybe we'll listen to what he has to say. STAT.

lalaland
05-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Maybe it's because they turned down 1 French player's request first and felt that they have to turn down the second one just so they won't be called favoring one and not the other (eventhough the situation for the 2 are slightly different)? I tend to feel for the Organizers in this situation, because if they changed the schedule on the French players' requests, surely there will be criticism from their opponents and their fans. It's a no win situation for them either way. Granted, I'm so haunted by the USO 2003 thing so much that I'm all for Organizers not trying to use the schedule to favor their own players.

Waterfox
05-27-2010, 01:07 AM
what a boner...

just let the racket talk...!!

organizers hasnt done a good job in the past few years aswell...

Ozone
05-27-2010, 01:17 AM
Has a point. He's French #1, cmon

JediFed
05-27-2010, 01:17 AM
BTW, I'd love to see all those booing here what would they say if their chosen ones were denied a perfectly feasible day off in a similar situation, in particular the Rafa and Fedtards. Hypocrites.

Federer is well known for his speed on the court. He usually requests the early start, as to spread out his matches.

pesto
05-27-2010, 01:36 AM
Hmmm.

I can imagine there could be so many players with competing requests, that it would be easier just to have a blanket rule that they would not listen to any. They had 31 home players in the singles draws, several past champions, players who'd been playing in ATP and WTA finals and the World Team event on Saturday. Players who were just coming off injury...

I think maybe Tsonga had a better case than Gasquet - he was the top-ranked home hope, and could have started on Monday without throwing the schedule off, while Gasquet's scheduling coming into the tournament was his own responsibility.

But it must be a logistical nightmare to ensure a fair, balanced and appealing schedule on the show courts over the first three days, and probably the last thing you want is for the players to start chucking their weight around.

oranges
05-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Federer is well known for his speed on the court. He usually requests the early start, as to spread out his matches.

Way to miss the point. Let me spell it out for the 5th time, if Fed were recovering from an injury and asks to play Monday, not Sunday and they tell him no, you wouldn't be here raging? If you deny it, you'll end up with a nose like a Pinocchio.

HarryMan
05-27-2010, 03:16 AM
Whiny baby, and no, it is not the organiser's fault if you lose, you idiot. It just means you're not good enough.

Black Adam
05-27-2010, 03:19 AM
Whiny baby, and no, it is not the organiser's fault if you lose, you idiot. It just means you're not good enough.
Who lost???:rolleyes::o

HarryMan
05-27-2010, 03:32 AM
Who lost???:rolleyes::o

His excuses are out already before he loses. And besides talking to the press about it just makes him look even more pathetic.

andy neyer
05-27-2010, 03:40 AM
His excuses are out already before he loses. And besides talking to the press about it just makes him look even more pathetic.

He said he was fit and ready to play. He's certainly not making any excuses over anything.

swebright
05-27-2010, 03:47 AM
I guess they can request what time they want to play afternoon vs. night session, but not the day they want to lay. That's how I remember things.

oranges
05-27-2010, 05:15 AM

No, not really, he can always say later on he had mono and it's a valid excuse for at least the entire season, no need to bring up schedule. Alternatively, tendinitis works excellent as a permanent excuse apparently.

Langers
05-27-2010, 05:33 AM
Muzza 3rd on Wimby CC every single time. :wavey:

Puschkin
05-27-2010, 05:40 AM
It's got nothing to do with the nationality for me. Gasquet should not have played on Monday due to the Nice final.........However, this is about Tsonga and his complaining is completely ridiculous.
Gasquet asked for an additional day, he did not get it and he then just kept saying that an additional day would have helped him. He did not lash out at the organisation for not supporting French players.

Besides, he has been French Nr 1 for quite some time himself, but I don't recall a statement from him from those times "as the French nr 1, I want this or that". And I can't remember similar comments from other national nr 1 like Nadal, Nalbandian or Safin, just to give some examples. This is where Tsonga's jerkishness comes into play.

oranges
05-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Gasquet asked for an additional day, he did not get it and he then just kept saying that an additional day would have helped him. He did not lash out at the organisation for not supporting French players.

Besides, he has been French Nr 1 for quite some time himself, but I don't recall a statement from him from those times "as the French nr 1, I want this or that". And I can't remember similar comments from other national nr 1 like Nadal, Nalbandian or Safin, just to give some examples. This is where Tsonga's jerkishness comes into play.

So, if I understand correctly, the fact that they denied a perfectly normal request is irrelevant because he mentioned he's the French No1. The request itself was unreasonable, unwarranted and it's perfectly normal they did not bother to accommodate him in your opinion?

Puschkin
05-27-2010, 07:37 AM
So, if I understand correctly, the fact that they denied a perfectly normal request is irrelevant because he mentioned he's the French No1. The request itself was unreasonable, unwarranted and it's perfectly normal they did not bother to accommodate him in your opinion?
I did not say that, though frankly I could not care less if he plays Sunday or Monday, I don't watch his matches anyway. And before you jump on me about Gasquet, whose matches I do watch, I never complained about his scheduling, as on a midterm basis it would not have changed much. Yep, he might have won against Murray, which would have been nice, but fatigue would have caught on later anyway.

What is in my view stupid from Tsonga is his lashing out and saying his wishes are not enough cared for. Who do you think was behind the decision to play the DC-tie against Spain indoors in the middle of July, the wisdom of which still has to be seen. Monfils? Benneteau? Gasquet? Simon? :rolleyes:

decrepitude
05-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Muzza 3rd on Wimby CC every single time. :wavey:
As I and others have already said, his time is fixed to suit tv, but THE DAY IS NOT CHANGED.

On reflection I agree that Tsonga could have expected to be allowed to play on Monday as that was still the correct schedule for his half of the draw. I don't think he is doing himself any favours with the organisers by complaining about them to the press . . . watch out, Jo-Willi, your next match is in the car park ;)

oranges
05-27-2010, 08:22 AM
I did not say that, though frankly I could not care less if he plays Sunday or Monday, I don't watch his matches anyway. And before you jump on me about Gasquet, whose matches I do watch, I never complained about his scheduling, as on a midterm basis it would not have changed much. Yep, he might have won against Murray, which would have been nice, but fatigue would have caught on later anyway.

What is in my view stupid from Tsonga is his lashing out and saying his wishes are not enough cared for. Who do you think was behind the decision to play the DC-tie against Spain indoors in the middle of July, the wisdom of which still has to be seen. Monfils? Benneteau? Gasquet? Simon? :rolleyes:

But you're unwilling to admit it either because it would mean that he has a point? He has every right to protest. To me, the fact that he did it publicly indicates he was not given a a reasonable explanation why was that not possible and frankly I don't know what it would be. You might not care when he plays, but you're commenting here on exactly that.

I have no idea about the story with DC nor what the connection is with this, but such decisions are as far as I know up to the team captain after consulting the players. I also fail to see what is the issue with playing Spain indoors, who wouldn't. I know we would if we made the final last year. It's almost like USA and clay, once in a blue moon someone decides on another surface.

Puschkin
05-27-2010, 09:01 AM
But you're unwilling to admit it either because it would mean that he has a point? He has every right to protest.In the presser after the 2nd round? But if he thinks he did himself a favour with that it is just another proof of his jerkishness.

He had every right to ask, the request wasn't granted, get done with it which is what I will do now. ;)

paseo
05-27-2010, 09:02 AM
No, not really, he can always say later on he had mono and it's a valid excuse for at least the entire season, no need to bring up schedule. Alternatively, tendinitis works excellent as a permanent excuse apparently.

:lol:

oranges
05-27-2010, 09:57 AM
In the presser after the 2nd round? But if he thinks he did himself a favour with that it is just another proof of his jerkishness.

He had every right to ask, the request wasn't granted, get done with it which is what I will do now. ;)

I get it, he doesn't have a point and doesn't have the right to protest. They were perfectly right not to let him play on Monday. If the injury returned, who cares, you don't watch it. If he could just not open his mouth in any way any time, that would be the best. It's basically irrelevant what he says and whether there's any merit to it. What a jerk, he stood up for himself :yeah:

Sophocles
05-27-2010, 10:26 AM
It's quite reasonable for a French player to expect a grand-slam tournament in France to grant his requests as long as they don't involve messing up the overall schedule.

MacTheKnife
05-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Here's a suggestion that just might help them with scheduling issues:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2641/lightbulb.jpg

Install some friggin' lights..

jaysean
05-27-2010, 11:29 AM
what exactly has tsonga ever achieved in this sport?
his reputation is all built upon destroying rafa at the aussie open 2008.
thats the only major victory of his career.

if he didnt beat rafa that day he would be a nobody now.
that victory was his biggest achievement in his career.

much like soderling will always be remembered as the guy that beat rafa at roland garros, not about his own career.

these 2 guys are living off those wins over rafa.
not because of their achievements on their own careers.

its like how a scavenger behaves.

jaysean
05-27-2010, 11:36 AM
tsonga should not even be allowed to play on philippe chatrier because this clown cannot play on clay.
his movement is awful.
maybe these french guys need some help from spanish coaches, heck spanish junior players could teach these french pros about winning.
these french players need to learn how to win and not care about the style of tennis or flair.
winning is everything not only in sport but in life.

Matt01
05-27-2010, 11:42 AM
I get it, he doesn't have a point and doesn't have the right to protest. They were perfectly right not to let him play on Monday. If the injury returned, who cares, you don't watch it. If he could just not open his mouth in any way any time, that would be the best. It's basically irrelevant what he says and whether there's any merit to it. What a jerk, he stood up for himself :yeah:

Exactly. That sums it up. Now it's time to move on.

oranges
05-27-2010, 11:43 AM
@jaysean You do realize this is not a thread about Nadal and there are plenty of threads where you can go nuthugging and actually be on topic?

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-27-2010, 11:55 AM
why shouldnt he?, hes the french n1

hes injured, so why not ask for the best time.

hes gives it his all for the fans, as well as being one of the most talented, entertaining players on tour..he is one of my favourite players becuase of this.

Jo can do what he wants

hes france's best player, and the organisers/directors should show him some respect

Schu
05-27-2010, 01:21 PM
why shouldnt he?, hes the french n1

hes injured, so why not ask for the best time.

hes gives it his all for the fans, as well as being one of the most talented, entertaining players on tour..he is one of my favourite players becuase of this.

Jo can do what he wants

hes france's best player, and the organisers/directors should show him some respect

He did have every right to ASK for a change and maybe even his arrogant self would expect it but to whine about not getting it and throw his French #1 ranking around (which to be honest at the moment is not that big a deal) to the press is just one more example of what a jerk he is.

If every player who had an "injury" wanted a schedule change a tournament would never have a schedule. Doesn't look like his "injury" was so bad that playing on Sunday harmed him; in fact it gave him an extra day to rest before what in theory should be a more difficult match in the next round.

If he wants respect, show some class and deal with it, shut up, stop dancing around like a fool and let your racket do the talking.

oranges
05-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Wow, there's a need for injury to be "injury". It must be imaginary and he didn't really pull out of Madrid and not play since. It's also not a recurring back problem that had him sidelined more than once. Unbelievable what I will not read in this thread. Talk about making fool of yourself.

Schu
05-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Wow, there's a need for injury to be "injury". It must be imaginary and he didn't really pull out of Madrid and not play since. It's also not a recurring back problem that had him sidelined more than once. Unbelievable what I will not read in this thread. Talk about making fool of yourself.

Don't get so defensive and RUDE.

Perhaps i used " " incorrectly. I was merely pointing out that he made it through two matches with the "injury", the second one after an additional day of rest thanks to the Sunday schedule, appeared to be no problem :) I did NOT mean to imply it was imaginary, I KNOW he did have to pull out of Madrid and he does deal with a chronic problem but that's the point, he like many players have to deal with chronic injuries all the time. He was recovering from a chronic injury and wanted one more day, many players have injuries, some chronic and some acute and would like another day off but can't get it, just don't complain -that's life on the tour, deal with it.

oranges
05-27-2010, 06:28 PM
You can spin it any way you want and imply if you want with chronic that it's something he deals with day in day out, which we both know is not true, but the fact remains it was a reasonable request that should have been granted. Period. Absolutely no reason not to. Absolutely no reason to suck it up either. You suck it up when there are no alternatives. There were, very easy ones, but this entire thread is obviously more a poll on how much someone likes or dislikes Tsonga, even though it's so completely irrelevant to the issue. But that's obviously just me, it could be Murray, Stepanek of Djokovic and I'd still think give him the fucking Monday then, I just wouldn't waste time arguing here for the hundredth time.

Tsongation
05-27-2010, 06:34 PM
His english is a little off but he's right

Sunday is a waste anyway because they don't use it as an advantage to get ahead of possible rain delays (like the past 2 days)

shuhrat
05-27-2010, 06:46 PM
You can spin it any way you want and imply if you want with chronic that it's something he deals with day in day out, which we both know is not true, but the fact remains it was a reasonable request that should have been granted. Period. Absolutely no reason not to. Absolutely no reason to suck it up either. You suck it up when there are no alternatives. There were, very easy ones, but this entire thread is obviously more a poll on how much someone likes or dislikes Tsonga, even though it's so completely irrelevant to the issue. But that's obviously just me, it could be Murray, Stepanek of Djokovic and I'd still think give him the fucking Monday then, I just wouldn't waste time arguing here for the hundredth time.
I'm not his fan by any means but agree with everything you said in this thread. Still I don't think the way Tsonga dealt with the issue afterward was the best though. ;)

e476
05-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Cry me a river, Tsongie. :hysteric: :sobbing: :cuckoo:

I_Dasco
05-28-2010, 04:57 AM
Well he can play in monday beacause he is frech? Is it fair?

collo1978
05-28-2010, 07:16 AM
reminds me of tomic when he complained earlier this year at the ausssie open. he got a pasting for that

star
05-28-2010, 11:41 AM
I've come to the conclusion whenever there is strange scheduling at a tournament, TV is the reason. Other than keeping the draw in order, TV has the strongest influence on scheduling.

I think top players are given a hearing, and Fed may get some deference, but TV rules.

JolánGagó
05-28-2010, 12:22 PM
:haha:

What a silly whiny bitch, I hope he loses next match.

The Pro
05-28-2010, 01:22 PM
There's moaning.

And then there's just being downright unseemly.

decrepitude
05-28-2010, 04:37 PM
I've come to the conclusion whenever there is strange scheduling at a tournament, TV is the reason. Other than keeping the draw in order, TV has the strongest influence on scheduling.

I think top players are given a hearing, and Fed may get some deference, but TV rules.

I'm convinced you are right.

DualMedia
05-28-2010, 05:48 PM
you guys are acting like little girls about this!

he just said, I felt like they could give me monday. no big deal!