RG R1: Roddick def. Nieminen 6-2 4-6 4-6 7-6 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RG R1: Roddick def. Nieminen 6-2 4-6 4-6 7-6 6-3

Lopez
05-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Jarkko :sad:. Was outplaying Roddick in the second and third set when he started to read Rod's serve better. Roddick too strong in the tiebreak with Jarkko playing passively and then Roddick played a lot better in the fifth.

EnriqueIG8
Massive struggle from Roddick but got in in the end due to Nieminen collapse and his mighty fighting skills.
Draw really opening up for him now, can reach the 4th round again.

TheBoiledEgg
Jarkko really blew it :smash:

Action Jackson
05-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Typical Jarkko against the top players.

orangehat
Jarkko :sad:

tyruk14
I think Roddick will be happy with all the match practice he got today. Nieminen never really took control in the fourth, and the match was Roddick's to lose from there on.

green25814
Jarkko is an idiot.

It was definitely playing fast out there though.

freeandlonely
05-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Jarkko:o

Lopez
05-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Typical Jarkko against the top players.

Yep. It's weird that he can be mentally strong against weaker players and then lose it totally against the top.

*Jean*
05-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Jarkko :o :sad: So close to a huge upset. :hug:

Azurebi
05-25-2010, 03:27 PM
As if he was afraid of winning it. Roddick always knows how to win against those chickens....

Jimnik
05-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Andy you idiot. Either win in three or don't win at all.

Grass season is all that matters for you.

Filo V.
05-25-2010, 03:28 PM
When it was time to put up or shut up, Andy brought the goods, Jarkko didn't. Very expected and it was routine from there.

Andy certainly didn't play his best but he played well in the 5th set and got more aggressive when his back was against the wall, whereas Jarkko got more passive and it cost him the match.

Good fight back Andy!

nobama
05-25-2010, 03:29 PM
As if he was afraid of winning it. Roddick always knows how to win against those chickens....NID.

-Valhalla-
05-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Good workout for Andy heading into Wimbledon :yeah:

Action Jackson
05-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Yep. It's weird that he can be mentally strong against weaker players and then lose it totally against the top.

Roddick played well in the last set, as for Jarkko he didn't get to the lead by being passive.

It wasn't a great match to watch, but don't extra for style.

Tenn1sAdd1ct
05-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Damn Nieminen :bigcry:... good fight though. Roddick just too strong on important points.

Fujee
05-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Shame, Roddick was terrible in sets 2 and 3, So passive. Well played Nieminen.

Sophocles
05-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Saw only bits, but seemed quite good. Good result for Roddick.

kindling
05-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Roddick needs to play a lot better than this if he's not going to retire this year.

Jimnik
05-25-2010, 03:36 PM
I suppose it justifies the scheduling. Who wants to see Nadal scaring a teenage WC when you can see Roddick mugging it up against an off-form clay clown.

Lopez
05-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Roddick played well in the last set, as for Jarkko he didn't get to the lead by being passive.

It wasn't a great match to watch, but don't extra for style.

Yeah he abandoned the winning strategy and then was too aggressive in the last set IMO. He won the two sets by mixing it up.

The Freak
05-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Jarkko :o :sad: So close to a huge upset. :hug:

:lol:

JMG
05-25-2010, 03:47 PM
I don't get why Jarkko hit a 120 km/h first serve at 4-5 in the tb. He should have gone for a winner there. Bad result for him.

StevoTG
05-25-2010, 03:50 PM
The first 3 sets were terrible to watch, I missed the fourth and saw most of the fifth. Roddick just battled through. It was frustrating to see Roddick dumping the ball down the centre of the court so often and I thought Jarkko would beat him. Far from a great performance from Andy but he did move well and looked decent at the net - though he still occasionally came in off the back of poor shots.

Jarrko will be dissapointed, he would have felt that the match was his for a long time.

Start da Game
05-25-2010, 03:53 PM
what an ugly match.......roddick discovered 100 more ways today to fail on clay but nieminen was just as much a clown if not more.......

henke007
05-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Ferrers cakedraw is worse then nadal's

Selby
05-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Roddick was ill for those of you who don't know.

born_on_clay
05-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Roddick on clay :o

heya
05-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Nieminen looked disgusted because this loser beat him.
How sad Idiot Roddick reduced himself
into a prostitute.
He acted like he actually cared.
Look at his drama queen "I worked my damned hardest. I was so lucky to win.
For the camera,
I turn my head fast & rub my chin on my shoulder" bullshit.
At least he'll still have the ugly model to
use as a blow-up doll on the beach.
Poor girl thinks he worships
her 'great qualities'.
She'll leave him after his money disappears.

Action Jackson
05-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Roddick was ill for those of you who don't know.

Yes, the illness is called clay.

Calidreth
05-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Another great post by the alien heya.
Good win for Andy considering it was his first match on clay this year. He should make it to Round 4 at this point.

Selby
05-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Yes, the illness is called clay.

That's another allergy he has but that doesn't change the fact that he was actually ill and it was obvious.
But he really looked very unsuitable on the clay, as unsuitable and uncomfortable as any player can be on any surface, it wasn't so bad for him last year when he at least made some adjustments to his game.

andylovesaustin
05-25-2010, 04:21 PM
That's another allergy he has but that doesn't change the fact that he was actually ill and it was obvious.
But he really looked very unsuitable on the clay, as unsuitable and uncomfortable as any player can be on any surface, it wasn't so bad for him last year when he at least made some adjustments to his game.

What do you mean?

He hasn't gotten over the flu?

propi
05-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Jarkko :hug::hug:
What a pity but nice try :(
Better luck in your next tournaments :D

Selby
05-25-2010, 04:25 PM
What do you mean?

He hasn't gotten over the flu?

He got a virus in Madrid and the rumor before the match was that he didn't recover completely and that he still had some issues, I think today's match pretty much verified it.

Action Jackson
05-25-2010, 04:26 PM
He got a virus in Madrid and the rumor before the match was that he didn't recover completely and that he still had some issues, I think today's match pretty much verified it.

He was fine when he played Youzhny.

andylovesaustin
05-25-2010, 04:28 PM
He was fine when he played Youzhny.

Maybe he was able to play through it? He played through it today.

That still doesn't mean he's a 100% whether or not he sucks on clay.

Action Jackson
05-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Maybe he was able to play through it? He played through it today.

That still doesn't mean he's a 100% whether or not he sucks on clay.

If he was that ill, then he wouldn't played.

Smoke944
05-25-2010, 04:33 PM
heya :inlove:

andylovesaustin
05-25-2010, 04:35 PM
If he was that ill, then he wouldn't played.

I'm sure if he had a fever he wouldn't be playing. Or he may have had a slight fever and played sick. :shrug: Then once he's over the "illness" it depends upon the lingering affects of his virus.

You've never "worked" sick before? And then even if you're not exactly sick--like with a fever, then sometimes these viruses hang around in your system where you're just tired for a while.

I just don't think Andy is the type to make-up excuses, but that's just my opinion. He seems to be pretty direct--win or lose.

So he might still be sick.. or just not feeling quite right.

Selby
05-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Nobody says he was very ill, but even being a tad ill affects your sharpness. I didn't make it up, Tennis Channel said so And IMO they were right.

Action Jackson
05-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Nobody says he was very ill, but even being a tad ill affects your sharpness. I didn't make it up, Tennis Channel said so And IMO they were right.

It wasn't so bad, he had to withdraw like Florian Mayer. Once a player takes the court, then they deal with it irrespective of the consequence.

andylovesaustin
05-25-2010, 04:44 PM
It wasn't so bad, he had to withdraw like Florian Mayer. Once a player takes the court, then they deal with it irrespective of the consequence.

God forbid giving Andy any credit for showing-up even though he may have had reason not to.

If he would have pulled out, everybody would be saying, "Andy doesn't care about the French." But he shows up, and you don't want to give him any credit for at least playing while he's not feeling 100%.

Chances are Andy isn't going to have much of a shot of winning the French whether he's playing a 100% or not. His 100% hasn't gotten to a final before, so why should now be any different?

But at least, he's there trying, and he won today--not feeling 100% recovered.

Dang.. when you all don't like a player... you really don't like him/her.

Johnny Groove
05-25-2010, 04:46 PM
into a prostitute.
For the camera,
her 'great qualities'.

:rolls:

Action Jackson
05-25-2010, 04:46 PM
God forbid giving Andy any credit for showing-up even though he may have had reason not to.

Stop whining will you. It's simple Roddick showed up, he wasn't so sick he didn't withdraw. Went out there, played his match and won it, that's all he needs to do.

henke007
05-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Roddicks draw to the 4th round must be the worst cake ever, such luck he has after not playing a match on clay!!

nobama
05-25-2010, 04:50 PM
as if no one else has ever played a match when not feeling 100%.

rhinooooo
05-25-2010, 04:52 PM
into a prostitute.
For the camera,
her 'great qualities'.

Post of the internet

Action Jackson
05-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Roddicks draw to the 4th round must be the worst cake ever, such luck he has after not playing a match on clay!!

Last year was better.

R128 Romain Jouan (FRA) 305
R64 Ivo Minar (CZE) 85
R32 Marc Gicquel (FRA) 46

heya
05-25-2010, 04:53 PM
He played doubles in Madrid. lmao
Funny, he quit in previous matches with
ankle & bone pain, due to weight gain.
He had a pizza virus. The burrito virus.
Maybe he got the free money virus here.
Roddick's years of self-abuse & meltdowns must be attractive.
Look at his confused face expression.
Not mentally sound at 27.
You better hope he'll vomit in a bag
& loses before the 4th round.
Poor thing has caught the
Coward in Denial virus on the beach.

andylovesaustin
05-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Stop whining will you. It's simple Roddick showed up, he wasn't so sick he didn't withdraw. Went out there, played his match and won it, that's all he needs to do.

Whatever, dude. :rolleyes:

Action Jackson
05-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Post of the internet

heya is in fine form.

Calidreth
05-25-2010, 04:58 PM
he/she/it always is

Deboogle!.
05-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Stop whining will you. It's simple Roddick showed up, he wasn't so sick he didn't withdraw. Went out there, played his match and won it, that's all he needs to do.that doesn't mean it doesn't explain why he was so slow, sluggish, and emotionless. Sure he won, but people are saying it went to 5 sets b/c he sucks on clay, anyone who watched the match with even a half open mind could see it wasn't all right for him out there. Even you, sir, can admit that he usually shows much more emotion than he showed today. Even when he broke in the 5th, he barely did a fist pump. That's out of character for him no matter how you slice it. And if whatever virus (andylovesaustin, I never heard anywhere it was actually the flu, which should not last this long) he picked up is still affecting him, that's cause for concern. Fed played through mono for months and probably shouldn't have. I hope Andy has been tested for that. Despite what people here think, Andy wants to play RG. He cried the year he had to pull out of his first match with a bum ankle. He's going to play unless a doctor demands he doesn't, like the year with his shoulder problem. Doesn't mean it's wise to do so.

tangerine_dream
05-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Six more matches and the title is yours, Andy. :cool:

River
05-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Six more matches and the title is yours, Andy. :cool:

I say Andy wins this in 2012.

That way the forums will explode and say "Well this is the end of the world."

Then the world really ends. And they'll all be like "Oh sh*t."

jdenelle
05-25-2010, 06:02 PM
good job:worship:

JMG
05-25-2010, 06:36 PM
that doesn't mean it doesn't explain why he was so slow, sluggish, and emotionless. Sure he won, but people are saying it went to 5 sets b/c he sucks on clay, anyone who watched the match with even a half open mind could see it wasn't all right for him out there. Even you, sir, can admit that he usually shows much more emotion than he showed today. Even when he broke in the 5th, he barely did a fist pump. That's out of character for him no matter how you slice it. And if whatever virus (andylovesaustin, I never heard anywhere it was actually the flu, which should not last this long) he picked up is still affecting him, that's cause for concern. Fed played through mono for months and probably shouldn't have. I hope Andy has been tested for that. Despite what people here think, Andy wants to play RG. He cried the year he had to pull out of his first match with a bum ankle. He's going to play unless a doctor demands he doesn't, like the year with his shoulder problem. Doesn't mean it's wise to do so.

Whenever your players struggle more than you expected, you look for excuses. I was watching most of the match and Roddick looked alright to me.

heya
05-25-2010, 06:40 PM
He cried in 2001 because he was mama's US tennis hero boy...
and Federer didn't punish his disrespect
for tennis' rules & lifestyle.
Screaming in a match didn't make him a better 'celebrity athlete'.
There's always the "Roddick never had a chance against the top players" excuse.
I wonder if his 16 injuries, viruses & poor health would
get worse if he had little money in his vast bank account.
Djokovic or Federer can't
care less about his self-destruction & paranoid attacks.
You know Roddick cared for Federer because he went to a tennis charity event in January 2005,...and still said he thought Federer was sad about losing the Australian Open.

Selby
05-25-2010, 06:46 PM
as if no one else has ever played a match when not feeling 100%.

Yeah, they did, and players who play when they don't feel 100% don't play very well, just like Roddick today.

heya
05-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Ljubicic beat him, Agassi & the Bryans with an injury.
I guess ass-kissing isn't enough for the US 'heroes'.

andylovesaustin
05-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Here's Andy's presser. He didn't say anything about feeling badly.. now? Maybe Sam Querry said something because apparently there's a little controversy brewing. Andy seems OK though. He said Nieminen is a tough opponent. :shrug:

Q. Same old clay courts, but maybe a different Roddick out there.

ANDY RODDICK: Oh, I don't know. You know, there was a lot of ugliness out there today. But, you know, at the end of it, I get to play again.
So that's that's all you you go into a day hoping to get through a day, and I got through today.

Q. You never played him before. Was he kind of a mystery out there with all his spin? He's very fast.

ANDY RODDICK: No, no, no. I think anybody you've been on tour with he's been 13 in the world, so obviously I've seen him play a bunch. We played here in juniors 11 years ago, I think, and that didn't go so well.
Yeah, he does a great job because he makes up for his weaknesses. Obviously his second serve is probably his weakest part. But if you take a crack at it down the middle, he's so good down the middle of the court just redistributing the ball.
So I was getting a little frustrated with that. He's tough.

Q. Obviously that's one way to get some clay court matches under your belt, but maybe not how you wanted. What's it like when you've had that long of a break without a match to come out, you know, at a slam and play?

ANDY RODDICK: It's not easy. I mean, definitely, you know, spending three days in bed in Madrid wasn't the way we wrote it up, you know. That was bad. That was not, you know, the preparation we wanted. We did the best we could. We scrambled last week and got two matches out at an XO. You know, XO is never the same.
You know, so as far as preparation physically and in practice, it was good. But, you know, like you mentioned, it's or like I mentioned, it's not the same.
It definitely was less than perfect, but I put some time in today.

Q. Were the courts pretty quick?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I can never really tell. I don't know. They're still slippery.

Q. When Murray finished after four hours yesterday, he was absolutely dead on his feet. How do you feel after five sets out there?

ANDY RODDICK: I feel better now than I did 45 minutes ago. But it's tough for me, because I also feel I don't have a lot of rhythm in my movement out here. I feel like I fought against myself a lot and get stuck.
So clay is probably tougher for me physically than any other surface. I was definitely feeling it more than I normally do in that fifth set. But one thing I've always been able to do well is recover well. You know, a day of rest, I feel like I can get back to neutral most times.

Q. As a player who always puts everything out on the court in every match you played, were you a little bit disappointed to read Sam Querrey's comments today? He basically said he didn't want to be on the court and pretty much wanted to get off the court and get on the plane and go home. Was that a bit surprising for you?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I probably would hold back from commenting until I actually this is news to me. You know, I just finished off the court, so probably want to hear it from Sam himself before I jump on that one.

Q. Mardy said you guys have been here for 12 days, right, you were here for a good week when there were no other players? Didn't it help just to be out on this surface at a locale movement wise, or was it just the match is so much different once you get out on center?

ANDY RODDICK: It's always different. You know, like I said, like I commented to Doug, I did everything I can to kind of it's kind of like when you miss an assignment in school and they give you a chance to get extra credit. I've been trying real hard to get extra credit. It's never really the same.
After Madrid, I did pretty much everything I could to be prepared here. But, you know, I didn't play my best today, and I definitely wasn't match tough.
I've been saying all week if I can get through the first one or the second one, then maybe I will start hitting my stride and playing a little bit better. But it's just a matter of surviving and advance. Today I guess I found a way to get through it.

Q. You're playing Blaz Kavcic next round. Do you know anything about him?

ANDY RODDICK: I found a person who knew him.

Q. Who was that?

ANDY RODDICK: Who was the person? A guy who he had played in quallies in Australia. So, you know, I got a little bit of a scouting report, and I'm sure I'll do some more Googling when I get back to my room tonight and try and figure something out and maybe try to get a tape of his match today or something so I have you know, but I've never played him and I don't know him.

Q. Just after Miami, you made the decision clearly you needed some time off. You wanted to rest the body. But now thinking back, would it have been a good idea to play Rome, or is it basically you didn't know you were going to get sick in Madrid?

ANDY RODDICK: Well, I didn't know I was going to get sick in Madrid. That was my preparation last year and I had my best ever French Open. Also I have responsibilities elsewhere, you know. It was my first anniversary and I hadn't seen Brook in a while. I think at that point in the year, that was always gonna take precedence for me. That was a time that we had blocked out for us, and you know, that's necessary.

Q. How different a player are you than you were two, three years ago? Is this maybe a match you wouldn't have pulled out a couple years back?

ANDY RODDICK: Oh, I don't know. I've been pretty good at sticking around. The majority of the matches I win aren't pretty.
But I've made a career out of that. I think I'm in, you know, in better shape now than I was three years ago. I don't think the difference is as big as everyone talks about. I think it's just a matter of between the ears, you know, I didn't get I was very frustrated at times, and was audible with it at times, but, you know, I have, I don't know, a sense of calm a lot even when things aren't going my way. I realize it is possible to a match can turn quick, and it did there in the fourth set breaker on three points and then all of a sudden, you know, a lot of times it's just about momentum shift.

Q. Not to repeat what Sam said, but in a sense he was saying that he's been in Europe a long time, he played I think four events in a row, including last week, and that maybe wasn't such a great decision to come over so early. Match practice wise or match toughness wise it was good but a player can run the risk of getting a little bit fried before a Major.

ANDY RODDICK: Well, yeah, you live and learn. You know, like I said, I think before I comment on, you know, hearsay and whatever else is being interpreted, I'll probably, you know, address it with Sam if I talk to him.
You know, it's a tough it's tough for him because when he's in the States he plays really well when he plays a lot. He can play a lot.
You know, you learn. I mean, I feel like I have a better grasp on my schedule now than I did when I was 21 or 22, and it seems like I played everything.
He'll learn.

Q. I know you all have obligations and commitments, but on a purely personal level, would you like to just each year just fast forward from Miami and go straight to practicing on grass?

ANDY RODDICK: No, no, I mean, I know the press, it seems that way to you guys. But this is also part of the year, part of leadup. Having to battle against, you know, my own style on a surface, and, you know, it is all a learning experience, so I don't think I would fast forward anything.

Q. No doubt when you go to a hardcourt or grass, you expect to win. When you come here, is it just sort of let's kind of get the rhythm, let's see how well I do, every win is gravy? What's the difference in your mind?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't know that I ever expect to win. I don't know if I've ever been that presumptuous going into a match. If anything, I err on the other way. I do everything I can to find as much information about this guy that I play next even though I haven't heard of him before.
You know, I'll err on the side of being overstudied. You know, it is different, though. I mean, I know I think the ceiling is a little bit different on clay for me, but the mindset of going into a day doesn't change. You go in and you try and battle and do the best you can. You see what happens.
You know, I think the option of how you go about it is pretty simple. I'm aware that it's probably on a worse surface. I'm aware of the challenges that it brings. Doesn't change going into a day what I want to accomplish.

www.rolandgarros.com

Overlord
05-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Too bad Nieminen lost. This would have been tasty victory for him. First set was not good from Jarkko, but after that he played quite well rest of the match. Fourth set tie-break could have gone better, and Jarkko could have been little more aggressive in final set. He still had better chances in last two set to break Roddick's serve, than earlier. This time he didn't just use those chances. Roddick served very well especially in tight situations both first and second serves. Small things decided this match, I think it was more of Roddick's good play than Nieminen's collapse.

I think Jarkko would have won many players with today's play, but when not seeded you can face anyone. Hopefully he has more luck in Wimbledon draw.

heya
05-25-2010, 08:26 PM
How convenient.
Roddick married in March to give an excuse for
missing matches.
Roddick,
don't worry, you'll lose your career & marriage within a decade.
Sam Querrey doesn't lie like you, Roddick.
Pat McEnroe pitifully lied
"Roddick was sick after he played the Madrid doubles match."
Drysdale couldn't wait to chime in
"Roddick only lost to Federer".
Of course, Drysdale.
Roddick obsessively adored Federer, but
he is not playing just your doll Federer.
Slimey, manipulative dipshit commentators.

Certinfy
05-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Roddick :yeah:

Heather1229
05-25-2010, 08:33 PM
AndyLovesAustin: The comments from Andy's presser regarding Sam had to do with comments Sam made in his presser about himself. Sam stated something to the effect that he didn't want to mentally be on court. There is no controversy, Andy just wanted to hear from Sam what was going on with Sam.

DwyaneWade
05-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Roddick continues to be unbeaten on clay this year, truly fantastic.

ossie
05-25-2010, 09:26 PM
real legend this roddick

MrChopin
05-25-2010, 09:29 PM
As if he was afraid of winning it. Roddick always knows how to win against those chickens....

Nadal is a turkey farmer by comparison.

Corey Feldman
05-25-2010, 09:30 PM
diabolical tie break and 5th set from Nieminen

utter joke player, time he retired tbh

Roddick's draws thesedays are amazing

JediFed
05-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Why all the Roddick hate? The man just keeps on winning and winning. :D

heya
05-25-2010, 09:47 PM
This American doormat '
needs all the resuscitation he could beg for.
He screws his model wife,
then he wants to REST again after
losing very early everywhere.
There aren't many friends to lean on. boohooo
That's why the crowd booed his paranoid delusional
racket throw.

River
05-25-2010, 09:55 PM
It's so wierd.

Roddick has been losing here at Roland Garros to nobodies for a long, long time.

He beats a player with talent and suddenly Roddick has a cakedraw. And if he loses at said cakedraw, then Roddick is a mug.

MTF logic = Stupid Hate xD

Matt01
05-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Why all the Roddick hate? The man just keeps on winning and winning. :D

This was his first win since March :p

Selby
05-25-2010, 10:13 PM

That was also his first official singles match since then.

habibko
05-25-2010, 10:18 PM
heya :worship: the dark love poetry is back :hearts:

~*BGT*~
05-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Allez Andy :)

andylovesaustin
05-26-2010, 12:27 AM
AndyLovesAustin: The comments from Andy's presser regarding Sam had to do with comments Sam made in his presser about himself. Sam stated something to the effect that he didn't want to mentally be on court. There is no controversy, Andy just wanted to hear from Sam what was going on with Sam.

Thanks. I hadn't read Sam's presser yet when I posted Andy's. I wasn't sure what was going on exactly.

Poor Sam. He seems a bit burned-out--or really frustrated he's not getting results.

Max Power
05-26-2010, 12:38 AM
...Then who beat Nadal and Berdych in the semis and final of Miami on April second and fourth?

LleytonMonfils
05-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Roddick grinding as usually. I actually turned this match on late in the 3rd set and just dropped my head. Expected Andy to lose because in the past he usually just never is able to grind as well on clay and stay in the match when down. Somehow he was able to do it and pull out the W. One at a time Andy, one at a time.

KarlyM
05-26-2010, 12:46 AM
He played doubles in Madrid. lmao
Funny, he quit in previous matches with
ankle & bone pain, due to weight gain.
He had a pizza virus. The burrito virus.
Maybe he got the free money virus here.
Roddick's years of self-abuse & meltdowns must be attractive.
Look at his confused face expression.
Not mentally sound at 27.
You better hope he'll vomit in a bag
& loses before the 4th round.
Poor thing has caught the
Coward in Denial virus on the beach.
:haha: :haha:

Jimnik
05-26-2010, 02:09 AM
Andy still hasn't lost on Philippe Chatrier since 2001 :worship: (and that was a retirement against Hewitt).

Organizers should keep him there.

Ilovetheblues_86
05-26-2010, 02:34 AM
This American doormat '
then he wants to REST again after
losing very early everywhere.
There aren't many friends to lean on. boohooo
That's why the crowd booed his paranoid delusional
racket throw.

Roddicks ma is back. =}

Geo
05-26-2010, 03:55 AM
I knew once Nieminen messed up the tiebreak, he would lose the 5th set :lol: :o rusty Roddick got away with this win, and he is rewarded with an easy match in the next rd :lol: :p

enigma
05-26-2010, 04:19 AM
Nieminen:mad:

Mimi
05-26-2010, 07:18 AM
into a prostitute.
For the camera,
her 'great qualities'.
oh my god:haha::haha::yippee:

Matt01
05-26-2010, 12:54 PM
...Then who beat Nadal and Berdych in the semis and final of Miami on April second and fourth?

I don't know who that was. But for sure it wasn't Roddick :p

Fee
05-26-2010, 07:51 PM
How convenient.
Roddick married in March to give an excuse for

While it may have been March in your universe, it was April where the rest of us live.

This American doormat '

That part is still driving you insane (well, more insane) isn't it, that it's her and not you?

heya
05-26-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm sorry. I must've forgotten how good he looked when he was 21. I lost track of Roddick's "wins" on hardcourts.
I didn't forget to watch the other
Americans on clay though.:sad:
I spent too much time keeping myself healthy.
5 years ago, I was too busy living vicariously through Roddick so I'm singing, playing my guitar & watching talented singers.

Sunset of Age
05-26-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm sorry. I must've forgotten how good he looked when he was 21. I lost track of Roddick's "wins" on hardcourts.
I didn't forget to watch the other
Americans on clay though.:sad:
I spent too much time keeping myself healthy.
5 years ago, I was too busy living vicariously through Roddick so I'm singing, playing my guitar & watching talented singers.

Awww, heya! :awww: :hug:

andylovesaustin
05-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Awww, heya! :awww: :hug:

There was a time Heya was a fan of Andy's? :unsure:

Sunset of Age
05-27-2010, 12:21 AM
There was a time Heya was a fan of Andy's? :unsure:

Heartbroken ever since Ms. Decker married him and Feds managed to robb him of some 10+ GS titles.

Oops, sorry, that's a nasty post. :o

andylovesaustin
05-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Heartbroken ever since Ms. Decker married him and Feds managed to robb him of some 10+ GS titles.

Oops, sorry, that's a nasty post. :o

Well...I think Andy MIGHT get his heart-broken somewhere down the road... I'm not "hoping" he gets his heart broken. But it just seems to me Brooke(?) his wife is pretty young. I saw her... on a late night show. It may have been Letterman? Anyway.. she just seems really young. :shrug: It might all work-out, but.. I dunno.. I hope it does for his sake and hers, too.

About Roger..... I just don't think Andy had the "game" to beat Roger. I've always thought Andy.. had mental lapses, too--like he would lose concentration. He's actually a lot better now at focusing and changing his game when he needs to than he was when he was younger--in my opinion.

Sunset of Age
05-27-2010, 12:42 AM

Well...I think Andy MIGHT get his heart-broken somewhere down the road... I'm not "hoping" he gets his heart broken. But it just seems to me Brooke(?) his wife is pretty young. I saw her... on a late night show. It may have been Letterman? Anyway.. she just seems really young. :shrug: It might all work-out, but.. I dunno.. I hope it does for his sake and hers, too.

Tennis Millionaire Marries Bikini Model. :p

http://www.blogcdn.com/today.aol.tw/media/2009/06/athletes-and-playboy-models-11.jpg

Jimmy Connors and Patti McQuire, Playboy Bunny.
Nothing new. ;) :worship:

About Roger..... I just don't think Andy had the "game" to beat Roger. I've always thought Andy.. had mental lapses, too--like he would lose concentration. He's actually a lot better now at focusing and changing his game when he needs to than he was when he was younger--in my opinion.

I think that Roddick is a very much underrated player, and the Wimbly 2009 final should be proof of that, even if he didn´t manage to win it. ;)

andylovesaustin
05-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Tennis Millionaire Marries Bikini Model. :p

http://www.blogcdn.com/today.aol.tw/media/2009/06/athletes-and-playboy-models-11.jpg

Jimmy Connors and Patti McQuire, Playboy Bunny.
Nothing new. ;) :worship:

I think that Roddick is a very much underrated player, and the Wimbly 2009 final should be proof of that, even if he didn´t manage to win it. ;)

What I really like about Andy.. is that he seems to be more patient now than when he was younger and is more capable constructing points. Yeah...it might be he may never win another slam, but I still think he's a lot more versatile than when he was younger.

I really think he COULD win the French. He says he cares about it--although I've read some speculation that he doesn't. I think he if went in believing he could might have a shot... he really might be able to pull it off.

But this year... I'm not so sure he's "match tough." And he ain't getting any younger! :lol:

Sunset of Age
05-27-2010, 01:02 AM
What I really like about Andy.. is that he seems to be more patient now than when he was younger is the way he constructs points. Yeah...it might be he may never win another slam, but I still think he's a lot more versatile than when he was younger.

I agree with you here. And like I said, he gets too many badraps just because he happened to have the bad luck of playing in the Fed Era. ;)

I really think he COULD win the French. He says he cares about it--although I've read some speculation that he doesn't. I think he if went in believing he could might have a shot... he really might be able to pull it off.

Ah, no way. If he manages to win RG, I'll promise to post a picture of myself wearing a bikini. :p

But this year... I'm not so sure he's "match tough." And he ain't getting any younger! :lol:

I think he still has a good chance at Wimbledon, and perhaps as well at the USO. Remember, he had Feds on the ropes last year. ;)

oranges
05-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Ah, no way. If he manages to win RG, I'll promise to post a picture of myself wearing a bikini. :p

You can safely promise more than that and not worry about it :lol:

andylovesaustin
05-27-2010, 01:10 AM
I agree with you here. And like I said, he gets too many badraps just because he happened to have the bad luck of playing in the Fed Era. ;)

I think he still has a good chance at Wimbledon, and perhaps as well at the USO. Remember, he had Feds on the ropes last year. ;)

I remember the first match I saw Andy play. It was against GUGA (my most favorite) when he had just achieved #1 in the world! It was smaller, hard court tournament. He BEAT Guga. I was so disappointed. Granted it was a windy day, and Guga was having trouble adjusting. But... Andy still beat him! :lol:

I followed Andy a little bit and discovered he had some success on clay in the past. As I recall when he first hit the scene, he had some success--not at the French, of course.

Anyway... if somehow he got lucky..I dunno. I think it would be so cool if Andy could win the French. Yeah.. Wimby.. I guess his game is better suited there. But maybe the French? Did you John McEnroe made it to the finals v Lendl? So why not Andy?

Smoke944
05-27-2010, 01:12 AM
I remember the first match I saw Andy play. It was against GUGA (my most favorite) when he had just achieved #1 in the world! It was smaller, hard court tournament. He BEAT Guga. I was so disappointed. Granted it was a windy day, and Guga was having trouble adjusting. But... Andy still beat him! :lol:

I followed Andy a little bit and discovered he had some success on clay in the past. As I recall when he first hit the scene, he had some success--not at the French, of course.

Anyway... if somehow he got lucky..I dunno. I think it would be so cool if Andy could win the French. Yeah.. Wimby.. I guess his game is better suited there. But maybe the French? Did you John McEnroe made it to the finals v Lendl? So why not Andy?

Why not Andy? There are more reasons than I can list in the week and a half before the French final :lol:

andylovesaustin
05-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Why not Andy? There are more reasons than I can list in the week and a half before the French final :lol:

I'm just saying stranger things have happened! :lol:

I can't think of any right now.. but I'm sure stranger things have happened! :rolls:

I believe in ya Andy!

Sunset of Age
05-27-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm just saying stranger things have happened! :lol:

I can't think of any right now.. but I'm sure stranger things have happened! :rolls:

I believe in ya Andy!

:spit:
Stranger things have happened indeed! Goran Ivanicevic, anyone? :worship:
ok that was Wimbly.

But still I'm not counting on AndyR to be able to make a good run at RG. Hell, anyone could, if the Stars Align...
"Burn The Clay", eh? :D

andylovesaustin
05-27-2010, 01:31 AM
:spit:
Stranger things have happened indeed! Goran Ivanicevic, anyone? :worship:
ok that was Wimbly.

But still I'm not counting on AndyR to be able to make a good run at RG. Hell, anyone could, if the Stars Align...
"Burn The Clay", eh? :D

Well... I guess I tend to go into watching---whatever tournament--thinking my favorites have a shot, particularly if they make it to the second week. I was happy to see Andy dig himself out of a hole in the first round because he could have been knocked-out all things considered. Now.. let's see how he'll do in the second round. So IF Andy can somehow make it to the second week...well....one never knows. I know this would not be expected, but occasionally the unexpected happens.

I agree though Wimby would be the logical choice for Andy since he's come so close but yet so far! :lol:

I used to always think Guga was going to win the U.S. Open! :lol:
But twas not meant to be.

Sunset of Age
05-27-2010, 01:36 AM
Well... I guess I tend to go into watching---whatever tournament--thinking my favorites have a shot, particularly if they make it to the second week. I was happy to see Andy dig himself out of a hole in the first round because he could have been knocked-out all things considered. Now.. let's see how he'll do in the second round. So IF Andy can somehow make it to the second week...well....one never knows. I know this would not be expected, but occasionally the unexpected happens.

I agree though Wimby would be the logical choice for Andy since he's come so close but yet so far! :lol:

EVERY player entering a tournament has a chance. ;)
Even Andy Roddick. ;) :hug:

I used to always think Guga was going to win the U.S. Open! :lol:
But twas not meant to be.

Guga was one of my major favs as well. Alas, some things just aren't meant to be, but it doesn't take anything away from their accomplishments, now does it?

http://www.hablemosdetenis.com/media/9/20080114-Kuerten%20anunciara%20cuando%20sera%20su%20retiro. jpg

:hearts:

Sunset of Age
05-27-2010, 01:46 AM
You can safely promise more than that and not worry about it :lol:

:angel: :angel: :angel:

andylovesaustin
05-27-2010, 01:47 AM
EVERY player entering a tournament has a chance. ;)
Even Andy Roddick. ;) :hug:

Guga was one of my major favs as well. Alas, some things just aren't meant to be, but it doesn't take anything away from their accomplisments, does it?

http://www.hablemosdetenis.com/media/9/20080114-Kuerten%20anunciara%20cuando%20sera%20su%20retiro. jpg

:hearts:

Ah....Nice pic! No.. it sure doesn't take anything away.

For me, Guga's reign in tennis was all too short. I just loved the vibe he brought as well as his tennis. He's was like a breath of fresh air for me.

And.. ya know Andy.. I'm proud of him even though I don't agree with him all the time. And I agree with Heya :unsure: Andy.. maybe was his own worst enemy.

But as far as his tennis goes...he just keeps trying. It's not like Andy is there just to collect appearance fees. I know he's a lot more realistic about his chances than I am! :lol: But he's gonna try..as Rafa would say.. to do his best!

That's all he can do. As simplistic as it sounds, that's all any of them can do.

BigJohn
05-27-2010, 02:04 AM
That made my day.

Roddick ftw