Thursday OP [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Thursday OP

Pages : [1] 2

Deboogle!.
09-09-2004, 03:28 AM
Could change, and more rain is predicted, but here it is. I left off the courts with only senior doubles :p

Arthur Ashe 11.00 AM Start

1. Men's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Mark Knowles (BAH)[3]/
Daniel Nestor (CAN)[3]
vs. Julien Benneteau (FRA)/
Nicolas Mahut (FRA)

Not Before 12:30 PM
2. Women's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Barbara Schett (AUT)[12]/
Patty Schnyder (SUI)[12]
vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)[2]/
Elena Likhovtseva (RUS)[2]

Not Before 2:00 PM
3. Men's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Roger Federer (SUI)[1]
vs. Andre Agassi (USA)[6]

followed by
4. Men's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Tommy Haas (GER)
vs. Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)[4]

Arthur Ashe 7.00 PM Start

1. Men's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Joachim Johansson (SWE)[28]
vs. Andy Roddick (USA)[2]

followed by
2. Super Senior Doubles
Ilie Nastase (ROM)/
Tom Okker (NED)
vs. Owen Davidson (AUS)/
John Newcombe (AUS)

Armstrong 11.00 AM Start

1. Women's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Elena Dementieva (RUS)[15]/
Ai Sugiyama (JPN)[15]
vs. Liezel Huber (RSA)[7]/
Tamarine Tanasugarn (THA)[7]

followed by
2. Men's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Leander Paes (IND)[13]/
David Rikl (CZE)[13]
vs. Rafael Nadal (ESP)/
Tommy Robredo (ESP)

3. Mixed Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Rennae Stubbs (AUS)[1]/
Daniel Nestor (CAN)[1]
vs. Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[4]/
Bob Bryan (USA)[4]

4. Mixed Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Alicia Molik (AUS)/
Todd Woodbridge (AUS)
vs. Martina Navratilova (USA)[8]/
Leander Paes (IND)[8]

Grandstand 11.00 AM Start

1. Women's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Virginia Ruano Pascual (ESP)[1]/
Paola Suarez (ARG)[1]
vs. Janette Husarova (SVK)[6]/
Conchita Martinez (ESP)[6]

Not Before 2:00 PM
2. Men's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Dominik Hrbaty (SVK)[22]
vs. Tim Henman (GBR)[5]

followed by
3. Men's 45 Doubles
Mansour Bahrami (IRI)/
Gene Mayer (USA)
vs. Brian Gottfried (USA)/
Raul Ramirez (MEX)

4. Ladies' Senior Doubles
Hana Mandlikova (AUS)/
Robin White (USA)
vs. Joanne Russell (USA)/
Anne Smith (USA)

Socket
09-09-2004, 03:35 AM
They get an A+ for optimism.

Clara Bow
09-09-2004, 03:37 AM
Is anyone else disappointed that Hewitt/Haas is not the night match? No disrespect to Roddick (who I like) but he has already had two or three night matches. Hewitt is a former USO champ and tennis insiders all seem so happy about Haas' return. Plus- I think that H/H has the potential to be a fantastic match.

I wonder when they will fit in the end of the two matches left over from today?

Deboogle!.
09-09-2004, 04:03 AM
I'm editing the updated OP which includes the two unfinished matches.

Clara... they don't care about anything except filling seats. Did you see the night sessions when none of the "Big" American players were playing this week? it was noticeably emptier. There is no other motive than the $$bottom line$$ and that's why Andy is the night match, no other reason.

Fergie
09-09-2004, 04:18 AM
Hopp Rogi :bigclap:

Clara Bow
09-09-2004, 04:20 AM
Clara... they don't care about anything except filling seats. Did you see the night sessions when none of the "Big" American players were playing this week? it was noticeably emptier. There is no other motive than the $$bottom line$$ and that's why Andy is the night match, no other reason.

Yes-I know that (sigh) money is always the end issue here. And it is a shame that people here can't appreciate a good international match when it is on their front door step. But I guess it is the chicken and the egg arguement- aor rather the longsighted as opposed to shortsighted view that is hard to find when it comes to money. Exposure leads to familiarity leads to interest leads to buying tickets.

But even the New York Times has written articles saying that US tennis fans need to get out of viewing tennnis only through the interest prism of matches involving high profile US players and need to become more well rounded and astute by becomming appreciative of the variety of talent out there.

Deboogle!.
09-09-2004, 04:28 AM
Yep, you're quite right. And you will forever and always have the fact that the home players will draw more crowds than international players, no matter what, and no matter where you are. It's not only here that the home players get night matches and on better/bigger courts. Just the way it is, unfortunately.

It's going to rain tomorrow anyway, so it might all not matter at all anyway lol

Lalitha
09-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Can't they finish off the matches that are left unfinished first?? :mad:

Roger & Andre are scheduled to play in the afternoon and I won't get to see it :fiery:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Lets go PIM PIM :inlove: :banana:

Deboogle!.
09-09-2004, 02:58 PM
Can't they finish off the matches that are left unfinished first?? :mad:

Roger & Andre are scheduled to play in the afternoon and I won't get to see it :fiery:

I think they like to give the players a little rest - considering they were there last night waiting til 11:30pm before play was even called officially.

Socket
09-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Bunk is correct. The players had to shower, stretch, and get massages after their matches, then travel to their hotels or houses. The earliest they got to bed was probably 1:30 am, and likely later. They would be spitting mad if they had to be ready for an 11 am match the next day.

Socket
09-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Yep, you're quite right. And you will forever and always have the fact that the home players will draw more crowds than international players, no matter what, and no matter where you are. It's not only here that the home players get night matches and on better/bigger courts. Just the way it is, unfortunately.

It's going to rain tomorrow anyway, so it might all not matter at all anyway lol

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Deboogle!.
09-09-2004, 03:07 PM
:)

raining :yawn:

Socket
09-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Yes-I know that (sigh) money is always the end issue here. And it is a shame that people here can't appreciate a good international match when it is on their front door step. But I guess it is the chicken and the egg arguement- aor rather the longsighted as opposed to shortsighted view that is hard to find when it comes to money. Exposure leads to familiarity leads to interest leads to buying tickets.

But even the New York Times has written articles saying that US tennis fans need to get out of viewing tennnis only through the interest prism of matches involving high profile US players and need to become more well rounded and astute by becomming appreciative of the variety of talent out there.

The problem with the New York Times's logic is that the *majority* of people who attend the US Open don't go to tournaments throughout the year, they're casual fans who go to one tennis event a year, and it's the US Open. So the only names they know are the biggest names that the papers wrote about and who are mentioned on TV a lot, and those are the players they want to see. It's like me going to a major golf tournament. The only player I really know anything about is Tiger Woods, and he's the player I would want to see play. I wouldn't really be interested in spending lots cash to see players I never heard of before.

Clara Bow
09-09-2004, 04:07 PM
The problem with the New York Times's logic is that the *majority* of people who attend the US Open don't go to tournaments throughout the year, they're casual fans who go to one tennis event a year, and it's the US Open. So the only names they know are the biggest names that the papers wrote about and who are mentioned on TV a lot, and those are the players they want to see.

The gist of the article (which I pulled from Lexis Nexis and can't post here) stated that the media needs to cover a greater variety of players so that the US fans can in turn not only be interested in certain big name American players. I thought that the article was well thought out and gave the American public the benefit of the doubt in saying that if they could become more familiar with a greater variety of players, then it is likely that they could be interested in more than one or two big name Americans. The article did say that currently, with the present media coverage, that a lot of causal US fans are not made aware of a number of players and so continue to be ignorant about them, and are- therefore- just interested in one or two players. Isn't it thought that in regards to the Grand Slams that the US Open fans are the least knowledgable about tennis as a general rule? I don't know why that has to be so.

I understand that people are most interested in the biggest names of US players- that makes sense and is natural. However, I do though think that people could become more interested in some of the other players out there. I'm not saying that they will ever embrace Federer as much as they do Agassi- but they could still be interested and want to see his matches. If in other sports casual fans can be aware and interested in more than a handful of individuals I don't see why it would be so impossible in tennis. Even in golf, the most casual oberver who attends a tournament is hopefully aware of Vijah Singh of Fiji- even if they just watch Tiger they should know that these two have been battling out for the number one ranking for the past couple of years. Greg Norman was one of the most well known golfers in the world and the US during his heyday and he is from Australia.

But maybe I am giving the casual US fan the benefit of the doubt, but I hope not. I will be quiet now because whenever I seem to wish that US fans could become more globaly and widely aware of the players in sport of the tennis like they were in the 1970s and 1980s a lot posters seem to just say that it is impossible. And if is impossible than that makes me sad. I guess that I am an idealist living in la-la land (I have been told as much in other realms). ;)

Maybe a good result would be to sexify the men's game. Sharapova is now seen as a sex symbol and she got butts into the seats. Tommy Haas- who is German but lives in the US like Maria- is a good looking guy- and there are plenty of others on the tour. Maybe we need a shirtless night for men's matches or something. (I am kidding of course)

Anyways- still wish that the Haas/Hewitt was the night match- because I think that could be a great match. The crowds at USO are great about getting into tight matches even if they are not that familiar with the players and it could be more entertaining than perhaps another Roddick blowout (although hopefully Johannsson will give more of a contest.)

Socket
09-09-2004, 04:52 PM
You make a lot of good points. And I agree that during the 70s and 80s, there seemed to be a lot more coverage of players based on their talents, rather than their passports. Tennis certainly was a more popular sport in America back then.

Yes, I would have preferred that Hewitt/Haas be the night match, but I also know that in Melbourne, Lleyton will get all the night matches he deserves, even when he's about to whip some poor qualifier's behind. :)

At least they didn't shunt him off to Armstrong, although they might have to if it rains again.

Clara Bow
09-09-2004, 05:01 PM
Socket- true- Hewitt will get a chance for the night matches in Australia. At least he is not poor Henman- who is shuffled off to the Grandstand today. Stupid rain. But Henmans seems to do best when the eye and pressure is not on him so this could be a good thing for Tim.

I'm hoping that they show some of the Paes/Rikl vs. Nadal/ Robredo semifinal match on USA since the only other competition at that time should be a women's doubles quarters. I'm home sick with a cold and fever today so I am really hoping that I can see the full day's coverage with none of that mean wet stuff coming down and interupting the days play.

ETA- The Henman/Hrbaty match could take place the same time as the second men's doubs semifinals. Well if Tim wraps it up maybe we will get to see some of the semi

Socket
09-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I suspect that Henman is happy about the Grandstand. It SHOULD be a very short match, so maybe that's why they chose the Grandstand.

yasi277
09-09-2004, 05:33 PM
Can anyone tell me why they are only playing on 2 courts right now?? I thought the rain stopped. So why don't they use the other courts??

Socket
09-09-2004, 05:58 PM
They just revised the schedule. The two suspended QFs from yesterday will start at 2 pm (in two minutes).

Fee
09-09-2004, 06:13 PM
I believe there are two rules that govern suspended matches - they have to be played on the court they started on and they cannot be the first match of the day. Hopefully, that helps to explain the scheduling.

As for Haas/Hewiit not being the night match, it is also possible that the players asked NOT to be the night match. Some of the guys don't like playing Ashe at night, its too loud, its too late, and the crowd can be a little bit unruly. But, with that in mind, the U$TA probably did put Andy there to make more $$$$$$$$$$.

jmp
09-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Andre and Roger resume! THE WIND IS AWFUL! :fiery:

Andre wins the 1st game of the 4th set from DEUCE with 2 quick points. Roger holds, 1-1.

jmp
09-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Andre holds. Roger had about three break points, 2-1*, on serve.

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 06:24 PM
Chipmunk takes 3rd 7-5 :banana:
now i got some vcash :yeah: :D

Andre, come on take the 4th pls :)

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Farmer breaks 1-0 :mad:

Corey Feldman
09-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Henman, muppet , :smash:

jmp
09-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Roger holds. Andre had a break point and made a bad tactical error by trying a drop shot. Quick hold for Andre, 3-2*

rassklovn
09-09-2004, 06:35 PM
I wish the wind would get up to 70km/h.

Timariot
09-09-2004, 06:35 PM
What's up with Federer? Andre is basically a senior tour player - I didn't expect him to have such problems. I don't think it's just the wind, he looked kinda flegmatic yesterday too.

playwithmybanan
09-09-2004, 06:40 PM
so yet another example of north american stupidity.. TSN, the only canadian network showing the us open has decided to show the first round of the canadian open golf tournament instead of andre/roger and hewitt/haas.

good thing there's live scoring at least. and i can't blame cbs for not showing it since usa network probably has exclusive rights to the broadcast.

but really, the first round of a pga tournament. it's not even a big deal. i like golf, but the QFs are more important than this.

dylan24
09-09-2004, 06:41 PM
federer w/ 2 huge aces

rassklovn
09-09-2004, 06:42 PM
What's up with Federer? Andre is basically a senior tour player - I didn't expect him to have such problems. I don't think it's just the wind, he looked kinda flegmatic yesterday too.

Andre a guy that I don't like much, but has still beaten many good players this year, so not bad for a senior tour.

The wind affects both players, it just depends on who has the better footwork and doesn't get frustrated.

Corey Feldman
09-09-2004, 06:43 PM
so yet another example of north american stupidity.. TSN, the only canadian network showing the us open has decided to show the first round of the canadian open golf tournament instead of andre/roger and hewitt/haas.

good thing there's live scoring at least. and i can't blame cbs for not showing it since usa network probably has exclusive rights to the broadcast.

but really, the first round of a pga tournament. it's not even a big deal. i like golf, but the QFs are more important than this.
Good luck Vijay, Duval and Phil :yeah:
dont choke tim :rolleyes:

playwithmybanan
09-09-2004, 06:45 PM
and the dumb thing is tsn only covers is on thursday and friday, the 2 important rounds are on this other mainstream station... so when cbs is covering the open, tsn will probably take their feed... 2 very important matches missed :(

unless more rain postpones everything until the night session.

RogiFan88
09-09-2004, 06:46 PM
i'll say, i'm pissed off w the non-coverage too... of course we'll get to see Pandy's match tonight no probs but we miss the 3 other QFs...

sparkus8
09-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Geez this is tough to watch, both players are so cautious when they are playing with the wind!! Federer is hanging by a thread right now!

Corey Feldman
09-09-2004, 06:48 PM
henman 5-1... ok double break tim, relax :hug: dont panic :hug:
federer :smash:

rassklovn
09-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Good to see this NY crowd cheering loudly the double faults.

rassklovn
09-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Agassi breaks with a net cord leading 5-3.

playwithmybanan
federer broken?!

jmp
Awful service game for Roger - four double faults, Andre breaks, *5-3

PinkFeatherBoa
09-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Cmon Tim and Rogi. :)

Love the letter smilies Tang. :cool:

rassklovn
09-09-2004, 06:52 PM
6-3 Agassi

dylan24
09-09-2004, 06:52 PM
1 more set
wind is helping agassi

PinkFeatherBoa
09-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Tim wins 6-1 7-5 5-7 6-2! :banana: :woohoo:

playwithmybanan
i figured federer would be the more sensitive of the two when it comes to wind, since he seems like the type of guy that would notice every little thing on court.

looks like this one is going the distance, and tim henman has beaten fed this year, but i dunno about agassi. just imagine the crowd in a roddick-agassi final.

TheBoiledEgg
come on Roger now
dont mess this up

jmp
Originally posted by sparkus8
Geez this is tough to watch, both players are so cautious when they are playing with the wind!! Federer is hanging by a thread right now!

Yeah, this is pretty ugly. I'll be surprised if Roger prevails.

sparkus8
Federer is in massive trouble here, Agassi looks like he is starting to handle the wind a lot better while federer is getting worse! His only chance is to get an early break while he is playing into the wind.

rassklovn
09-09-2004, 06:56 PM
They cheered loudly too in his match against Roddick in Cincy, so it's not an anti-European/pro-American thing. It's just Andre Agassi, the tennis legend.

At least the NY crowd doesn't boo players when they enter the court or stop and tie their shoelaces like the RG crowd does every year. :)

Trying to justify ignorant behaviour, you really don't think about what you say, do you?

Since when has a player jeered when they went onto a court at RG? You would have to watch this tournament first, and when it happens it's because of a players conduct on the court and not because of where they are from, whereas in this case there isn't a justifiable reason to jeer and clap double faults, even if it is Agassi.

If you want to talk about unruly crowds then maybe South American and Spanish crowds at times.

Socket
09-09-2004, 06:56 PM
They cheered loudly too in his match against Roddick in Cincy, so it's not an anti-European/pro-American thing. It's just Andre Agassi, the tennis legend.

At least the NY crowd doesn't boo players when they enter the court or stop and tie their shoelaces like the RG crowd does every year. :)

Escude, are you watching the Henman match live on TV? Keep us updated please! :banana:

And at the Legg Mason, there was this whole crowd of Columbians who cheered every fault that Lleyton made when he was playing Alejandro Falla, including in-between his serves.

Timariot
09-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Yes! Henman won! Y'know, it was so depressing with Henman as he never advanced part Round 4 in other Slams than Wimbledon, now he has two semifinals in his resume this year.

WHOOOO!

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 06:57 PM
now show Andre vs Roger
they gonna keep talking about shitty Farmer forever now

jmp
09-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Congratulations, Tim! :D

It's official, Ted Robinson has gotten on my last nerve. :mad:

Raquel
Come on Roger! :bounce:

rassklovn
Move your feet Roger or it's bye-bye for him from this match.

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 07:00 PM
finally its on
lets go Roger :)

Corey Feldman
Timmy won!!!! :woohoo: 6-1 7-5 5-7 6-2

Boy that was fast. :)

Awesome Tim. You're in your first USO semifinal. Congrats and good luck!!!! :hatoff:
:wavey: tangerine
i cant watch tim on tv.... i throw my remote control about the room too much with the frustration he gives.... :o
6th grand slam Semi coming up :scared:

Winston's Human
Congratulations, Tim! :D

It's official, Ted Robinson has gotten on my last nerve. :mad:

What took you so long!! It's way past time for Ted to go.

playwithmybanan
09-09-2004, 07:01 PM
im thinking haas will be more affected by the wind than hewitt.

hrbaty ignored his fans (ie me, not really a fan but he walked right by me and when i said his name he ignored me) so i'm glad he lost. rainer schuettler gave some kid an autograph when he was sitting on a cart, dejected after losing first round in canada. he's such a good sport.

it's strange that henman's good against fed and roddick.

sparkus8
09-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Yes! Henman won! Y'know, it was so depressing with Henman as he never advanced part Round 4 in other Slams than Wimbledon, now he has two semifinals in his resume this year.

WHOOOO!

I bet he'd cash in both of those SF's for another crack at a Wimbledon SF. A good result for him though even if that will probably be the end of the line for him!

RogiFan88
09-09-2004, 07:04 PM
haas is bothered by everything...

dylan24
09-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah, this is pretty ugly. I'll be surprised if Roger prevails.

other way.
i'd be surprised if andre wins

dylan24
09-09-2004, 07:06 PM
federer's first serve is on in this final set

jmp
09-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Roger just missed a golden opportunity to break Andre and his volleys are NOT there. ARGHHH!

RogiFan88
09-09-2004, 07:08 PM
about bloody time, dylan24... where was it in the 4th set? he could have been showering by now...

Yashirobai
09-09-2004, 07:08 PM
come on Andre!!
Prove to all these who say you are finished that this is not true!

sparkus8
09-09-2004, 07:09 PM
other way.
i'd be surprised if andre wins

Geez, you'd probably be the only one right now, Feds just can't quite seem to get a handle on the wind and keeps playing the big points really carelessly!

playwithmybanan
ah haas is a good man, poor guy should have been in someone else's quarter... either way, im happy since one of my players has to win the match.

RogiFan88
ROgi s have practised w Tim, not DOm... hee hee...

jmp
09-09-2004, 07:10 PM
dylan24, one of us will be surprised then. ;) I hope it's me. :)

RogiFan88
09-09-2004, 07:10 PM
haas was playing v well v Berdych, i'm happy to say... he's looking sehr gut out there, Tommybuns!!

wish Rogi looked so good... tennistically, I mean!!

HOPP, ROGI!!!!!

rassklovn
09-09-2004, 07:12 PM
I'm not justifying any ignorant behavior. But your comment implies that only the NY crowd cheers other players' DFs and I was simply pointing out to you that it's not true. :).

Incorrect. I say exactly what I mean and it's typical for a NY crowd to do that at the US Open, when it's a big American playing.

Were you asleep watching RG this year? :rolleyes:

How much of the French Open did you actually see? Give me an example of a match where it happened. I was at the tournament live.

South American crowds are by the far the most rudely partisian crowds in the world and everyone knows it. Of course to you, you would think it merely patriotic.

Buy a clue, I said if you want to talk unruly crowds where did I say South America and Spain. Yes, they are exuberant and provide a different atmosphere to anywhere else, it can be harsh and boo everything during the match against the non-favourite, but clapping double faults and jeering for the sake of jeering isn't good anywhere, they think it's a football match.

dylan24
09-09-2004, 07:12 PM
agassi not doing anything vs federer serve

rassklovn
09-09-2004, 07:13 PM
4-3 Federer

dylan24
09-09-2004, 07:13 PM
agassi will end up winning more pts in this match but end up losing

playwithmybanan
09-09-2004, 07:14 PM
...did someone say 5th set tiebreaker?

sparkus8
09-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Maybe you are right Dylan - Feds just played an awesome game serving with the wind. How good was that swinging FH volley he hit - I can't believe he did that in those conditions. The pressure is now back on the old man.

jmp
09-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Come on, Roger! Break, break, break!!!

Timariot
09-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Ah, I just realized final set has a tie-breaker. Bah, wimpy Americans!

On a plus side, Mauresmo-Elena match would have never ended without it...

sparkus8
09-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Man, Federer cannot win a big point in this match!!!!!

rassklovn
09-09-2004, 07:19 PM
bp Federer

dylan24
09-09-2004, 07:20 PM
i knew it
andre would not win
this match is over

rassklovn
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreak Feds

Time to serve it out now Roger.

Timariot
Break point! THIS IS IT! GO FED!

YES! Agassi finally does the right thing and folds to a better man!

TheBoiledEgg
Game set match Hurricane Frances :haha:

jmp
Roger missed another volley at 30-30, then an errant FH at DEUCE, GREAT LOB at Ad, another break point COME ON ROGER!! Loooong rally, Andre FH error, Roger breaks! :bounce:

SERVE IT OUT, ROGER!

RogiFan88
just break the Baldy!!!!!

sparkus8
09-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Finally!!!!!1 How slow was that slice FH, worked to perfection though!! He is serving at the good end though. 15-15

RogiFan88
09-09-2004, 07:21 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!

Now hold...

rassklovn
09-09-2004, 07:22 PM
2 match points

rassklovn
game set match Federer

TheBoiledEgg
Roger wins :D :)

omg@the wind :o

dylan24
09-09-2004, 07:23 PM
agassi 152-148 pts
but he loses
too bad

rassklovn
The wind was the true winner, that was so tough for both players.

Corey Feldman
Federer v Henman SF :D
:help: tim

sparkus8
Sweet Feds won! Now hurry up and get the Hewitt match on it's 5:30am here in Sydney and I am dog tired - thank goodness I have the day off work tomorrow

PinkFeatherBoa
Roger wins. That is great, well done Rogi. :kiss:

jmp
YES! YES! YES! I am so happily, pleasantly surprised! :woohoo: Great match, Andre! :D

rassklovn
Roger played the big points to well and now meets his nemesis Henman.

RogiFan88
09-09-2004, 07:24 PM
YES!!!!!!! Now can I pick myself off the floor???

Tricky_Forehand
09-09-2004, 07:25 PM
Mark & Daniel :yeah:

Rafa & Tommy :sad:

Looks like I'll only get 1/2 of my Doubles Final :sad:

Roger :)

No...Go Tommy!!!! :D

Raquel
09-09-2004, 07:27 PM
YES!!!!!!! Now can I pick myself off the floor???
:lol: You are allowed a rest because Satursay and Sunday could be very tense!

Well done Roger!!! Excellent play in those conditions :yeah:

Now go Lleyton!!! :bounce:

RogiFan88
09-09-2004, 07:27 PM
could this spell the end of AA?? he was playing well, and Rogi wasn't, yet Rogi prevailed...

RogiFan88
09-09-2004, 07:29 PM
yes, but isn't the SF tomorrow?? I'm too confused to remember...

RogiFan88
09-09-2004, 07:31 PM
aww... did Rafa and Tommy lose today? too bad... I wanted to see them in the Final... go Nestor/Knowles then

Paes/Rikl are a tough experienced team tho... the Spanish did v well here... bodes well for DC!!!!! OLE!

Raquel
09-09-2004, 07:32 PM
yes, but isn't the SF tomorrow?? I'm too confused to remember...
No it's Saturday. They play the 2 men's semis and then the woman's final at night. It is all for TV and is unfair on the men to have to play the semis and final in two straight days but it has always been this way at the US.

Timariot
09-09-2004, 07:34 PM
could this spell the end of AA?? he was playing well, and Rogi wasn't, yet Rogi prevailed...

What "end"? The "end" for Agassi, as in "no more GS titles" came last year when he lost to Ferrero.

The "end" as in "drop out of top 10, never going to win another title, should retire before he embarrasses himself against Jurgen Melzers of the world", hell no. He lost a tight 5-setter in QF against best player in the planet. There is absolutely nothing more we could ask from 34-year tennis player.

Raquel
09-09-2004, 07:45 PM
OK this is too windy now! Is there not a rule about too much wind? It is ruining potentially great matches.

rassklovn
09-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Especially when Agassi is playing. And I meant exactly what I meant: that the NY crowd isn't the only crowd that cheers for a foreign opponents' DFs. If Andre were Andy and Andy DF'd, they'd cheer that too because Andre is "the man." Can you understand even a tenth of this? Jeez.

I don't give a crap who it is. It's typical for a NY crowd not to be respectful at a tennis tournament to non-Americans. My favourite example of this is when they booed Pat Rafter after he retired from a match, with a genuine injury, that showed true class.

Then you probably missed Roddick being booed as he entered the court just before his match with Martin.

If it was Gilbert getting booed then it's understandable, but he never played on centre court there did he.

You still don't get it, you probably think football violence happens all the time and have you ever been to a major football tournament or match? I have more than once thanks, and that is not a credible source that those articles you provided.

Who's making excuses for ignorant behavior now? And thanks for agreeing with me.

I am not making excuses tangerinus at all, just stating facts and it was myself that mentioned unruly crowds in South America and Spain first, even if it's a festive atmosphere, I said initially I don't care but jeering and clapping double faults is not good anywhere, but I have already said that.

jmp
09-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Poor Tommy :sad: Lleyton is playing the wind really well, Lleyton leads, 4-1*

Tricky_Forehand
09-09-2004, 08:04 PM
The first thing I thought about when watching the Mark/Daniel vs. Julien/Nicolas SF this morning was that Tommy isn't a good wind player. He has said that many times. And this is extreme wind :mad:

Still trying to be optimistic...

rassklovn
09-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Haas will get so frustrated with the wind and he has already got a warning for racket abuse.

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 08:08 PM
the wind is making this so easy for Hewitt :mad:

2-4 :(

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Tommy's only hope is that one of the umbrella's the ball boys holding suddenly flies and knocks him out :o

Tommy :help:

jmp
09-09-2004, 08:16 PM
The Boiled Egg :lol:

Tommy played well to save two set points. He got taken out on the third, though.

1st set Lleyton, 6-2

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-09-2004, 08:16 PM
6-2 Hewitt

Haas really doesn't have great hopes in this match, he might have a breakdown soon.

KarstenBraasch#1
09-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Tommy is way too sensitive to deal with these conditions. :o

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 08:18 PM
another Q

why are the ballboys holding umbrellas at change of ends in this weather ?????

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-09-2004, 08:21 PM
another Q

Is that a trick question?

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 08:21 PM
why is Tommy giving the Potato a target ??
Potato is going primate :rolleyes:

KarstenBraasch#1
09-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Tommy going nuts already :rolleyes: embarrassing :o

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Is that a trick question?

no a serious one
last change of ends
the umbrella nearly flew out of the ballboys hand and it took another ballboy to get the umbrella under control :haha:

playwithmybanan
09-09-2004, 08:23 PM
is tommy having a really tough time of things? what's he doing?

jmp
09-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Poor Tommy had a break point, played a bad approach shot and Lleyton passed him with a terrific shot. Lleyton holds and Tommy goes off, 1-0*

KarstenBraasch#1
09-09-2004, 08:25 PM
another Q

To avoid sunburn. :p (the sun is shining at times :o)

Tommy hopeless :o

Marc Rosset is Tall
2-0 Hewitt

Haas has to explode soon.

TheBoiledEgg
Hewitt just gets everything back
here's its 10times harder to get it past him cos of the wind

Potato breaks 2-0
Haas is going :cuckoo:

jmp
09-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Tommy is just really frustrated dealing with the wind and his opponent. The wind is taking some of his balls and he missed an easy overhead in his first service game of the 2nd set and got broken. Lleyton is giving him some looks and right now he has double break point to get back on serve.

KarstenBraasch#1
Tommy breaks :bolt:

Marc Rosset is Tall
Haas breaks back 2-1 to hewitt.

TheBoiledEgg
Pretty Boy breaks back :D
terrific get :D from a net cord

Clara Bow
09-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Great break Tommy. Maybe this will help to settle your emotions.

sol
09-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Tommy breaks back...

jmp
09-09-2004, 08:30 PM
GREAT get at the net by Tommy to break back. Lleyton played a good drop shot from the base line, Tommy ran full speed and dinked it over the net,
2-1*, Tommy serving.

jmp
09-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Tommy holds, *2-2

dylan24
09-09-2004, 08:35 PM
haas playing way better
i'd be surprised if haas doesn't win this set

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 08:37 PM
the Primate is going more and more Ape by the minute, after every point it seems :rolleyes:

playwithmybanan
who's the primate?

jmp
Tommy is playing much better. Lleyton may have let down a little. Lleyton is having harder service games. But, he holds. Tommy is talking up a storm.

RogiFan88
09-09-2004, 08:39 PM
HOPP, Tommy! get those buns in gear...

dylan24
09-09-2004, 08:40 PM
kim is looking very nice in that pink top

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 08:41 PM
who's the primate?
just look at your avatar if u didnt know
there is only one primate :o

He'd be yelling "come on" if he did a passing shot against a 2 yr old :rolleyes:

dylan24
09-09-2004, 08:42 PM
hewitt's first serve percentage is way down from set 1
while haas's first serve percentage is way up from set 1

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Yeah, that happened several years ago right? Does the NY crowd boo foreigners every year like they do at RG? And cheering DF's is hardly that disrespectful. It's happened at every single slam this year; it's not a NY thing. Besides, I've heard worse behavior from other crowds in other countries. (love the Italians whistling Federer off the court earlier this year in Rome; so classy of them)

Wasn't the fact already mentioned that it wasn't just NY crowds lacking respect. More news the French have booed their own players Leconte, Mauresmo for example. Well the Australian crowds are generally very respectful apart from the incident with Corretja. South America, Spain, Italy they are loud and harsh in some ways, the difference except in South America in many cases they know better, but choose to express it in this way and no that doesn't make it right.

It is a recorded fact that soccer violence has been growing worse every year. More people die during fan violence at soccer games than any other sport. Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Wow, talk about having your blinders on.

Here's something for you to read. I'm sure you won't find these to be "credible sources" either.

That's old news and have ever you tried to comprehend the history and sociological reasons for why football hooliganism has happened? Has it ever dawned on you, that it being the biggest game in the world, and with the large support that it's fertile recruitment grounds for particular kinds of gangs. Don't try and be an expert on something you don't know what you are talking about.

The way you try and make it out, it's like being an open homosexual in an Islamist country. It's a problem and has been one for a while and it's not just in South America.

playwithmybanan
so why it hewitt called the primate? so many names... potato.. rocky.. rusty..

playwithmybanan
wish i could watch this match on tv...

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-09-2004, 08:45 PM
4-2 Hewitt

jmp
09-09-2004, 08:45 PM
Nice net work from Tommy. He got agressive at 30-30 to get game point. Lleyton works the net to get DEUCE. Tommy misses a volley, break point. Lleyton nets a FH, DEUCE. DF :sad: Break point. Great passing shot from Lleyton. Tommy missed a LOT of first serves. Lleyton breaks! *4-2

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Gael Monfils must be relieved
he lost rather tamely 46 26

dylan24
09-09-2004, 08:50 PM
why did they change that us open commercial
from "madmen" when they show hewitt/safin
to "bad boys"
i like the "madmen" version

playwithmybanan
09-09-2004, 08:52 PM
agreed, madmen is cooler

so monfils failed to win the junior grand slam? pathetic ;)

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 08:55 PM
2-6 2-6 :help:

jmp
09-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Lleyton holds, 5-2. The wind takes two of Tommy's balls during his service game. Tommy saves set point, DEUCE. Lleyton FH wide, called good, ump overrules, Lleyton questions. Replay the point. Lleyton finishes at the net, set point. Tommy error, Lleyton takes the 2nd set.

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-09-2004, 08:56 PM
6-2 Hewitt

The stats are not that different between them, but Haas doesn't have much of a hope and Hewitt is playing very well.

RogiFan88
09-09-2004, 09:00 PM
is he playing better than Pandy?? Rogi or Tim??

Hagar
09-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Hewitt is - even in these difficult circumstances - playing so precise. I'm impressed. I just so Roger and André being so bothered by the wind. Maybe it's less now, but Lleyton does really seem less affected by the wind than the rest.

dylan24
09-09-2004, 09:04 PM
cmon hewitt put haas out of his misery

playwithmybanan
09-09-2004, 09:05 PM
it's 'cause hewitt has more margin for error in his game. he's not trying for winners down the line, unless the opportunity is there.

well, i'd rather haas lose this way, it's not heartbreaking for him, and he was dominating until this windy match, so he can take a lot of positives from this tournament.

KarstenBraasch#1
09-09-2004, 09:05 PM
This will be a bagel. :o

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-09-2004, 09:06 PM
No, it wasn't mentioned. If Rasslov mentioned it, I missed it, and apologies if so, but his posts made it out to sound like it was only the NY crowd who cheered DFs and that they only do it when it's a foreign player. It's not true.

Personally I am not a fan of the NY crowd, but there are certain things I come to expect and respectful tennis crowd is something I don't expect and it doesn't disappoint, but this goes for other places as well, which has been mentioned and each act in a particular way for their own reasons, whether people like it or not.

I know it's old news and yes, I've educated myself on sports violence and its history. We have our own problems with NFL but it's fan fanaticism is nowhere near the level of soccer's. I've read a few books on soccer hooliganism and it's a big reason why I'm glad soccer isn't popular in the US (yet). I also know it's a worldwide problem and not just South American, sorry if I made it sound like it was just S.A.'s problem. And thanks again for agreeing with me. :hatoff

That is absolute garbage that this is a big reason as to why football isn't popular in the US, it's a reason not a big reason. Try the fact that it's catered to the wrong market, a lack of a good senior structure ( only recently in space0, the concept of a game where they have to use their feet for most of the time and not their hands is an alien concept.

The sources for the most part are not reputable. Have you ever spoken to a top football hooligan? There are lots of self-help books, it doesn't mean that you are going to be good as giving self-help advice to people.

You totally made it out that football fans in S.A and Europe are absolute animals, when it's a very small minority, that are scum and that's everywhere in all sports. If by actually experiencing something like this, then you would have a better concept of what it's about.

jmp
:crying2: Lleyton + wind = too much

Lleyton/Tommy 3-0*

dylan24
i hope haas doesn't get himself DQd
need match to be completed for my bet on hewitt to stand

Marc Rosset is Tall
Hewitt is handing out a hiding to Haas, and Haas is totally beaten.

dylan24
09-09-2004, 09:07 PM
i think hewitt has a decent chance vs roddick

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 09:09 PM
great tank job Tommy :bigclap:

playwithmybanan
09-09-2004, 09:09 PM
hewitt has a chance vs. everyone, that's what i love about the guy. he's not as skilled or powerful as the rest, but he makes up for it with dedication and heart, and mental toughness. him and coria are both little guys, at least not as big or strong as the others

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-09-2004, 09:10 PM
If this was boxing, then the ref would stop the fight.

The white towel needs to be thrown in.

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 09:11 PM
can we have 100mph winds when Hewitt plays Duck as well ???

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-09-2004, 09:12 PM
5-0 Hewitt

Clara Bow
09-09-2004, 09:13 PM
What an utter disappointment of a match. Have to agree with Johnny Mac though that Hewitt looks "tough as nails."

Hagar
hewitt has a chance vs. everyone, that's what i love about the guy. he's not as skilled or powerful as the rest, but he makes up for it with dedication and heart, and mental toughness. him and coria are both little guys, at least not as big or strong as the others

Not as skilled? He does not have the in your face talent of Federer but believe me, he is VERY talented.

Am I the only one who gets the impression that Haas seems to be giving this match away? He's going down without a fight, it seems. But I think Lleyton is probably putting so much pressure on him that he has to take big risks to make a point.

jmp
This is great work by Lleyton. :D You make a great point about how well he's handling the wind, Hagar. Tommy has done great things this year. His game is in no way suited to these conditions. So, I hope he just buckles down and continues his come back. Good run, Tommy. :)

TheBoiledEgg
09-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Pim Pim is gonna really struggle in the wind tonight esp on his single handed BH
that shot is a tame as u can get but in this wind, he might not get one BH over.

dylan24
09-09-2004, 09:15 PM
henman and hewitt in the final
please

Hagar
09-09-2004, 09:15 PM
This will be a bagel. :o

Tommy just avoided it by winning a game.

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-09-2004, 09:16 PM
PimPim better just serve aces then.

Timariot
09-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Tommy Kiefer^H^H^HHaas wins a game! Hooray!

dylan24
09-09-2004, 09:17 PM
haas just hit the shot of the tournament

playwithmybanan
Not as skilled? He does not have the in your face talent of Federer but believe me, he is VERY talented.

Am I the only one who gets the impression that Haas seems to be giving this match away? He's going down without a fight, it seems. But I think Lleyton is probably putting so much pressure on him that he has to take big risks to make a point.

what i'm trying to say is he's not as flashy as the other top players. the best example i can think of for federer is this point against santoro, where out of nowhere he just decided to hit an inside out forehand winner. that's not hewit's style, but it does take a lot of skill to win the way hewitt does. i could never be that consistent, and i don't really go for winners either...

and hewitt's serve, all i can say is it's impressive. not nearly as big as the others, but he manages to win pretty much every point when it lands in

Hagar
Well, Haas just made a brilliant point. Yes, we know he can play some tennis but why does he wait to play it until Hewitt is 5-1 up in the third set?

sol
09-09-2004, 09:18 PM
henman and hewitt in the final
please
I agree about Lleyton :worship: , but not Henman, please :eek:

Aleksa's Laydee
tommy breaks!

Marc Rosset is Tall
5-2 Hewitt

Haas delays the inevitable.

jmp
Tommy is still putting up a fight! He just had a 'tweener in the middle of a great rally that he won! Double break point, Tommy! Tommy FH long, break point. Lleyton lob long, Tommy breaks! :D 5-2*

Aleksa's Laydee

:haha: me too....a federer v johansson :D

playwithmybanan
...do i smell a comeback?

KarstenBraasch#1
09-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Tommy is back ;)

Clara Bow
Well, Haas just made a brilliant point. Yes, we know he can play some tennis but why does he wait to play it until Hewitt is 5-1 up in the third set?

No kidding- where has he been hiding that stuff?

Aleksa's Laydee
keep it going tommy

dylan24
09-09-2004, 09:20 PM

i have bets on hewitt and henman to win this tournament
so that is why i'm rooting for them to make the final.
i'm sure 99 percent of the people want roddick/federer

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Federer/Hewitt would be a much better match.

KarstenBraasch#1
09-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Pim Pim is gonna really struggle in the wind tonight esp on his single handed BH
that shot is a tame as u can get but in this wind, he might not get one BH over.

The wind might be weaker in the evening. :)

sol
09-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Federer/Hewitt would be a much better match.
:yeah: :worship:

playwithmybanan
09-09-2004, 09:22 PM
and there we have it... comprehensive by hewitt

Marc Rosset is Tall
Come on as Hewitt would say

6-2 6-2 6-2 Hewitt

TheBoiledEgg
he's won and he yells out "come on" :rolleyes:
there aren't any more pts :rolleyes:

Hagar
what i'm trying to say is he's not as flashy as the other top players. the best example i can think of for federer is this point against santoro, where out of nowhere he just decided to hit an inside out forehand winner. that's not hewit's style, but it does take a lot of skill to win the way hewitt does. i could never be that consistent, and i don't really go for winners either...

and hewitt's serve, all i can say is it's impressive. not nearly as big as the others, but he manages to win pretty much every point when it lands in

Well, Federer has every shot in the book and a couple that are not in the book. :D
Roger is pure magic, his touch is awesome. He is a living publicity for tennis, makes it look all so damn easy.
Sometimes a match with Roger is basically a performance where the other player is only there because Roger needs a person to play against.

Timariot
Well, it's over. Lame-ass performance by Haas who continues to underachieve in Slams.

jmp
Double match point on Tommy's serve. Lleyton CC winner!

Lleyton def. Tommy 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 Great win for Lleyton. :D

Aleksa's Laydee
09-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Andrew Murray and Jamie Baker :woohoo: keep it up guys :yeah:

Mase
09-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Double match point on Tommy's serve. Lleyton CC winner!

Lleyton def. Tommy 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 Great win for Lleyton. :D

Wow he kicked some ass....... Good win Lleyton!

Socket
09-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Sweet Feds won! Now hurry up and get the Hewitt match on it's 5:30am here in Sydney and I am dog tired - thank goodness I have the day off work tomorrow

Wow, you're a true fan. :worship:

Socket
09-09-2004, 10:02 PM
why did they change that us open commercial
from "madmen" when they show hewitt/safin
to "bad boys"
i like the "madmen" version

Whenever I see this commercial, I think that they should put a big red X over the players who are already gone. :devil:

Socket
09-09-2004, 10:13 PM
EXCELLENT match from Lleyton! He did a fantastic job of adjusting to conditions, and neutralizing Tommy's power with precision and patience. Committing only 10 UEs in a 3 set win in these conditions is simply incredible. That's the most impressive stat of the match. :worship:

Loved JMac's comment about the pigeon crapping on Tommy's head -- that was just too funny. :haha: :haha:

Clara Bow
09-09-2004, 10:41 PM
EXCELLENT match from Lleyton! He did a fantastic job of adjusting to conditions, and neutralizing Tommy's power with precision and patience. Committing only 10 UEs in a 3 set win in these conditions is simply incredible. That's the most impressive stat of the match.

Lleyton was sooo impressive. Man- does he have his head screwed on tight or what? He just seemed to be in the zone. I will not be surprised at all of his is lifting the winners trophy on Sunday.

I am so hoping for a competative match tonight.

SonicCRO
09-09-2004, 11:38 PM
for how many time will started Roddick match?? thanks

Clara Bow
09-09-2004, 11:48 PM
for how many time will started Roddick match?? thanks

It's already on. It started around 7:30 p, Eastern Standard Time.

Neely
09-09-2004, 11:55 PM
lol, did I see this wrong or did the scoreboard say that PimPim had just a 60mph serve? this must be an error, LOL :haha:

Seles3
09-09-2004, 11:57 PM
roddick down a break 2-3

Seles3
09-09-2004, 11:57 PM
rain delay

Tennis Fool
09-09-2004, 11:59 PM
It's supposed to rain for another hour :(

Socket
09-10-2004, 12:03 AM
Wow, it looks like a hurricane there.

Boy, I am GLAD, GLAD, GLAD that Lleyton played the day session match!

Aleksa's Laydee
09-10-2004, 12:14 AM
congrats pim pim for goin up an early break :D

DAMN WEATHER :fiey:

Yoav
09-10-2004, 12:15 AM
congrats pim pim for goin up an early break :D

DAMN WEATHER :fiey:
yeah, great start, Pim Pim :D :worship:
don't let us down :)

bullet proof
09-10-2004, 12:23 AM
Is the rain over?

Socket
09-10-2004, 12:27 AM
They're drying the court, but said that another rain storm is expected.

SuperRevelation
09-10-2004, 12:38 AM
Nice start Joachim

TheBoiledEgg
09-10-2004, 12:51 AM
Heja PimPim :D :)
keep that serve going :)

dylan24
09-10-2004, 01:02 AM
this match is a yawn fest. no rallies.
just big serves. boring

TheBoiledEgg
09-10-2004, 01:02 AM
serve it out PimPim :D
*5-4

Port_Power
09-10-2004, 01:04 AM
come on pim pim... serve it out..dont let the duckboy back in set

Tricky_Forehand
09-10-2004, 01:06 AM
Perfect descriptive word for Pim Pim vs. Junior so far?? Pissing contest. Enough said.

Love seeing Roddick get aced and almost fall over :haha:

TheBoiledEgg
09-10-2004, 01:10 AM
stop choking Pim Pim :mad: had 40-15
4th set pt now

a FH missile :D :) 6-4 :worship:

dylan24
09-10-2004, 01:10 AM
pim pim is ivan drago
too much power for a-rod

Port_Power
09-10-2004, 01:11 AM
Way to go pim pim... duckboy is getting annoyed with those aces! just the swedish version of duckboy eh! just a lot better maybe

Seles3
09-10-2004, 01:11 AM
i knew he would have trouble winning that last game. YAY for winning it finally

WyveN
09-10-2004, 01:12 AM
pim pim is outroddicking roddick so far

Kristen
09-10-2004, 01:14 AM
kom igen pimpim :woohoo:
Take your time, eh!? :tape:

Kristen
09-10-2004, 01:17 AM
lol and he starts the second set by letting roddick have 00-40!?
That boy is so swedish. Back to deuce. Reminding me of Jurgen :rolleyes: :)

makro120
09-10-2004, 01:17 AM
From 0-40 to 40-40 with impressive serves! Way to go, Pimpim! Kom igen Pimpim!

Tennis Fool
09-10-2004, 01:18 AM
Radio commentator: It's like Roddick is playing himself :lol:

Tennis Fool
09-10-2004, 01:20 AM
Commenator called Andy "Mandy" :lol: :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
bad game Pim Pim :mad:
0-40 :fiery:

ACE :D
ACE :D
big serve winner :haha:
Duck looking pissed off :rolls:

Ad Pim Pim :D
angled FH had Duck doing splits :tape:

another Ad
DF :smash:

held 1-1

how does that taste like Duckboy :p

Port_Power
roddick is standing way back on his 2nd serves.. wtf?

dylan24
cmon roddick
i want hewitt to beat andy

Kristen
09-10-2004, 01:21 AM
what the,...? is roddick doing? 00-40 and PimPim finally won the game!?
I am cheering for pimpim here but I'm a bit surprised that Andy didnt take that game :confused:

Kristen
09-10-2004, 01:23 AM
OMG break point :eek:

makro120
Johansson breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheBoiledEgg
40-0
to break pt Pim Pim :D

Pim Pim breaks :haha:

Duck looking more and more pissed off :rolls:

dylan24
roddick is toast

Port_Power
hahahaha duckboy is under the gun!

Tennis Fool
09-10-2004, 01:24 AM
:o

WTF :confused:

Kristen
09-10-2004, 01:24 AM
Nice start to the second set :woohoo:
I almost have some sympathy for Roddick right now. He's losing these great opportunities... what's the go? He likes 5 set matches?

Kristen
09-10-2004, 01:26 AM
Are you guys noticing that Roddick is touching his hat a lot?
I dont know if it means anything, but he's doing it in most of the netcam photos... it would be annoying the crap out of me if I was watching the match!

TheBoiledEgg
09-10-2004, 01:27 AM
:o

WTF :confused:

he's met someone bigger who can do the same as him :devil:

jmp
Son of a gun! I am stunned! :eek: :eek:

Port_Power
i dont feel sympathy for the duckboy.. let him get aced..like he enjoys doing it to others.

dylan24
hewitt's mom looks real happy.
wonder how she will feel if pim pim gives her son a beating like this?

Neely
09-10-2004, 01:28 AM
Are you guys noticing that Roddick is touching his hat a lot?
he is normally readjusting his hat after almost every point, normal routine