Nice Final: Richard Gasquet def. Fernando Verdasco 63-57-76(5) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nice Final: Richard Gasquet def. Fernando Verdasco 63-57-76(5)

Guille.
05-22-2010, 02:55 PM
What a great win:sobbing: Fuck yes Richard:inlove:

CmonAussie
05-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Impressive comeback from Richard in the 3rd set:worship:

oranges
:hatoff: Congrats Reeshard.

Now go spank Murray in Paris

Certinfy
French crowd are fucking *****!

Luinir
Verdasco, Gasquet and French crowd are idiot

ImmzB
Alllez Gasquet!!!

Midnight Ninja
05-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Very entertaining match. Some shit points followed by great rallies.

Wind and bounce was quite annoying though.

case
Happy Days Are Here Again!

fanfare
Choked the second set but got it done in the end. Great win Richie. Hope the form continues.

Bad Religion
Verdasco :haha: :haha: :haha:

Fucking mug

Kolya
Allez France.

TMJordan
haha yess suck on that verdassco.

rg to win rg? i think so.

Filo V.
Good comeback from Gasquet in the third after his issues in the second set.

Richie really wanted this win badly. But at what cost will this come in his attempt to beat Murray. We'll see.

Corey Feldman
Suck it Verdasco !!

love how the french crowd always get the better of Spaniards

no clean sweep on clay for the armada with big Richie Gas around :D

Roamed
So happy for Gasquet! When he got broken to love after serving for it and was 3-0 down in the final set I was banging my head against the table, but he did it! Nando had his chances too but Richie definitely needed this more :)

Cloudygirl
French crowds really are hideous!!

Richard!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!!

tennishero
05-22-2010, 02:58 PM
great win for gasquet, today he played top 20 level.. im surprised he won the tie break, nando is really consistent, so well done.

Abc Tennis
Nando is a moron. He deserved to lose after losing his head that way in the third. But if I were him, I'd be furious as well with Gasquet and his "injury" :rolleyes:

philosophicalarf
Comical match. Verdasco was garbage, Gasquet choked hilariously when serving for the match, broken to love twice to lose the set, and lost 6 in a row.

Verdasco then blew up himself, had multiple bps for *5-1, fails, gifts away serve, breaks again, serves for match, gifts away serve again. Starts tiebreak with doublefault, and predictably loses.

Scotso
05-22-2010, 02:59 PM

Fernando :mad: :sad:

gorgo1986
05-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Crazy match, some greats shots by both, very up and down as they both led at times. A person in the crowd started jeering Nando and talking smack and all hell broke loose, Nando started fighting with the crowd yelling and cussing and they jeered him for 5 minutes straight. Nando kept turning around fighting with people yelling stuff. Eventually the Spanish and the French in the crowd started fighting. CRAZY Crazy match. In the end Richie served well and won the tiebreak. Nando's anger cost him the match. The craziest match I have seen in years, even Richie and Nando got into it in the end, there was no handshake.

superboy2006
05-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Outstanding for someone with such a fragile mentality like Gasquet to manage to pool himself together being down 1-4 and *30-40 in the decider and to snatch a stunning win eventually, congratulations and the best of luck for an immensly gifted lad Richard.:worship:

BaselineSmash
05-22-2010, 03:01 PM
So he's still got a backhand after all. Did they clean the lines between sets? Still seemed like a lot to sweep up there, but I don't think it affected either of them.

Verdasco exhausted for Roland Garros, possibly, but Gasquet hopefully going in with a lot of wind in his sails.

ChuckNorrisFan
die,die,die!

DrJules
Impressive from Gasquet after having served for match in 2nd set and then fallen behind in 3rd set to actually win it. Did make it difficult for himself.

Corey Feldman
Verdasco's face is a picture at this trophy ceremony

fran70
05-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Congratulations for Richard! This is great to see him winning a title again! I hope this victory can help him to gain his confidence back.

elessar
05-22-2010, 03:02 PM

Verdasco brought it on himself, you behave like that with any kind of crowd and they're gonna get on your case, especially if you're playing a local.

Some really poor tennis from Verdasco but great for Richard if he has enough in the tank not to do too badly at RG this could mean really good things for him for the rest of the year. Especially with the grass season coming up :yippee:

Persimmon
05-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Gasquet :cool:

gorgo1986
05-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Crazy match, some greats shots by both, very up and down as they both led at times. A person in the crowd started jeering Nando and talking smack and all hell broke loose, Nando started fighting with the crowd yelling and cussing and they jeered him for 5 minutes straight. Nando kept turning around fighting with people yelling stuff. Eventually the Spanish and the French in the crowd started fighting. CRAZY Crazy match. In the end Richie served well and won the tiebreak. Nando's anger cost him the match. The craziest match I have seen in years, even Richie and Nando got into it in the end, there was no handshake.

I will say that even though I like Richie a lot that injury time out was straight on cheating.
But he has had a rough couple of years and I really want to see him do well.

yuri27
05-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Verdasco brought it on himself, you behave like that with any kind of crowd and they're gonna get on your case, especially if you're playing a local.

Some really poor tennis from Verdasco but great for Richard if he has enough in the tank not to do too badly on clay this could mean really good things for him for the rest of the year. Especially with the grass season coming up :yippee:

That's where i'm keen to see how he'll do.
If there is one GS where he can do something very big in the future,that's Wimbledon.

Davodus
05-22-2010, 03:05 PM
So fucking happy. Amazing 2 weeks for Richard.

Horatio Caine
05-22-2010, 03:05 PM

:lol: But they add to the viewing enjoyment. :aplot:

Welcome back to the (true) winner's circle, Richard. :yeah:
Challenger title was good, but this is the level he needs to be routinely winning at again.

BaselineSmash
05-22-2010, 03:07 PM

I will say that even though I like Richie a lot that injury time out was straight on cheating.

Ha, you know Richie's got his groove back when he's getting into arguments with players. I remember when Mardy Fish was just back from his honeymoon in a match, and Gasquet mistakenly thought he was trying to start a spat.

"I didn't say nothing, I didn't say nothing!" protested the meek Frenchman.

Great to have him in the winners circle again.

Filo V.
05-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Honestly, that wasn't a good match. There is a difference between good drama and good quality.

Puschkin
05-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Verdasco, Gasquet and French crowd are idiot
:nerner:

What a win! :woohoo: Great serving in the breaker!

Yep, the crowd was ugly with Verdasco, but he himself made them do it.

gorgo1986
05-22-2010, 03:11 PM
I thought it was an OK match, at times there were some really good winners by both and at times there were some bad errors but the match was overall pretty decent. Too much drama at times.

Naina
05-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Well Done Richie :banana:

Lopez
05-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Sounds like great drama, shame that I missed it (though there was drama as well in the Ice Hockey Championships with the Checks edging Sweden). Any youtube videos of the fights and tantrums?

-Valhalla-
05-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Wow ... what a prelude to RG!

Lol @ Nando for getting unhinged in the decider and letting the French crowd get the best him. After five grueling weeks of clay court tennis, mental and physical fatigue have clearly taking their toll on Nando. It was a terrible decision to play Nice and I highly doubt he'll make it past R16 at RG.

Can’t wait for Murray-Gasquet!

Felicitations Richard :drink:

elessar
05-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Isn't he drawn to play Nadal in the quarters anyway?

Schu
05-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Missed everything but the last game and TB but YESSSSSSSS!

Good to see richie fired up at the end. Hope he's pumped for RG.

3 for 3 in Tiebreaks this week!! Who is this person?

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Suck it Verdasco !!

RG 05,06,07,08

Nadal humiliated those french pansies no matter how much they try and cheat for their pansy God Fed.

Corey Feldman
05-22-2010, 03:24 PM
RG 05,06,07,08

Nadal humiliated those french pansies no matter how much they try and cheat for their pansy God Fed.Gasquet = Spartan, real man

Nadal & girl knees = losing to Soderling and hitting cameraman while crying

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Gasquet = Spartan, real man

Nadal & girl knees = losing to Soderling

Gasquet is no spartan but still more of a man than Murray the GS less loser.

Cant wait to see that clown lose to Gasgirl. It will give Muggay more time to spend on his knees in front of Fed.

Cloudygirl
05-22-2010, 03:26 PM
3 for 3 in Tiebreaks this week!! Who is this person?

Yes. Who is this person and what have they done to our Richard?!

elessar
05-22-2010, 03:27 PM
I loved how into the match Gachassin was at the end :lol:

henke007
05-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Best scenario now is that Gasquet wins in a breaker in the third after 3 hrs and Tabasco gets another meaningless 150.er in his non countable :spit:

:haha::haha: Nando Physically draineed but farmost mentally one day before RG starts :worship:

What a moron this Verdasco completely made an ass of himself screaming Puta and wavin on the crowd that was booing him!! So glad he lost this!!:hatoff: to Richie

silverwhite
05-22-2010, 03:29 PM

But he has had a rough couple of years and I really want to see him do well.

1. It's not against the rules

2. Can you prove he wasn't injured?

Luinir
05-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Yes, he wasn't injured. Fake.

Jimnik
05-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Well done Richie.

That's crucial momentum to be bringing into RG. A deep run is on the cards as long as his stamina holds up.

GasquetFan
05-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Yes, he wasn't injured. Fake.

No excuse for losing the match though..

~*BGT*~
05-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Gasquet is no spartan but still more of a man than Murray the GS less loser.

Cant wait to see that clown lose to Gasgirl. It will give Muggay more time to spend on his knees in front of Fed.

:spit: :worship:

gorgo1986
1. It's not against the rules

2. Can you prove he wasn't injured?

I love Richie do not get me wrong, I am glad he is doing good. But after the time out he was moving faster, hitting harder than ever, like a bunny on steroids. After he broke and Nando went ape crazy, he started riling up the crowd. He completely took advantage of his home advantage. Anyways does not matter to me, its Verdasco's fault in the end he should have never let the crowd into this match, he should have stayed concentrated on the match and held serve for 4-1.

I am happy that Richard is doing good, he is a favorite of mine and a great talent that has underachieved.

Johnny Groove
Richie needed this so badly.

Well done.

Davodus
05-22-2010, 03:43 PM
I love Richie do not get me wrong, I am glad he is doing good. But after the time out he was moving faster, hitting harder than ever, like a bunny on steroids. After he broke and Nando went ape crazy, he started riling up the crowd. He completely took advantage of his home advantage. Anyways does not matter to me, its Verdasco's fault in the end he should have never let the crowd into this match, he should have stayed concentrated on the match and held serve for 4-1.

I am happy that Richard is doing good, he is a favorite of mine and a great talent that has underachieved.

The injury time out was at 0-3, and then it was 1-4 with Verdasco having BPs for 5-1...so he wasn't really better for a while after the time out, not until 2-4, and even then it was 5-3 for Verdasco...so it really wasn't that big of a momentum change.

gorgo1986
05-22-2010, 03:47 PM
The injury time out was at 0-3, and then it was 1-4 with Verdasco having BPs for 5-1...so he wasn't really better for a while after the time out, not until 2-4, and even then it was 5-3 for Verdasco...so it really wasn't that big of a momentum change.

It was because Verdasco kept fighting with the crowd, it lasted most of that third set, he let the crowd get the best of him and even started fighting with them which made things much worse.

silverwhite
05-22-2010, 03:48 PM

Well, he has played 2 weeks in a row and he's not the fittest player on tour so would it be hard to imagine him struggling physically today? :confused:

And the part about faster movement after the timeout, it happens all the time due to a variety of reasons - effectiveness of the treatment, mental and physical rest, adrenaline, etc. :lol:

yuri27
05-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Well done Richie.

That's crucial momentum to be bringing into RG. A deep run is on the cards as long as his stamina holds up.

I think he'd better concentrate on Wimbledon,that's where he can do real damage,not RG.

gorgo1986
05-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Anyways I just hope now Richard carries this play to the French and takes out Murray, Richie has a pretty decent draw and could go far. I want to see him climb up in the ranks, enough mediocrity, he belongs in the top ten.

Beat
05-22-2010, 03:52 PM
congratulations! please, please, please keep it up for RG.

Jimnik
05-22-2010, 03:58 PM
I think he'd better concentrate on Wimbledon,that's where he can do real damage,not RG.
Just won a clay title and RG starts tomorrow. Makes no sense to focus on Wimbledon already.

pica_pica
05-22-2010, 04:17 PM
A big congratulations to Richie!!! Now bring this confidence to RG :devil:

Chair Umpire
05-22-2010, 04:24 PM
This should give him a boost to face RG. Congrats Richard well deserved.

Pea
05-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Allez Richie!

-Valhalla-
05-22-2010, 04:31 PM
:lol: But they [hostile French crowd] add to the viewing enjoyment. :aplot:

+1

Isn't he drawn to play Nadal in the quarters anyway?

You're right, I forget. Make it R16 if he's lucky.

Yup. Nando's a professional, he should know better.

Pirata.
05-22-2010, 04:36 PM

Yup. Nando's a professional, he should know better.

Exactly.

I didn't get to watch the match, but as a fan, I am very disappointed to read about his poor behavior and response to the crowd. No one deserves to be jeered at, but he didn't handle it well at all and that is not the way for a professional player to act, ever.

djb84xi
05-22-2010, 04:50 PM
I agree with you. Crazy doesn't begin to describe this match whatsoever.

ossie
05-22-2010, 04:52 PM
french crowds :rolleyes:

andy neyer
05-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Never in doubt.

I betted all my vcash on Richard (wich wasn't much, lol) and Richard delivers.

Too bad about the crowd stuff and the no-handshake stuff but hell, shit happens.

guy in sf
05-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Did the crowd say something bad to Nando that was heard by him or was he mad at them for just being rowdy? Yelling "puta" to the audience will surely fire things up from both sides but I'm sure he was probably responding to some specific shout from the crowd? No? I'm surprised because Nando is usually quite professional.

Anyway, so happy the victory drought is over for Richard but again he choked while serving for the 2nd set and perhaps against a tougher opponent he might not be able to recover from such a choke. Richard needs to learn how to close matches and take advantage of the leads that he works so hard to get. Slow down and breathe Richard when you're serving for the match next time.

*Jean*
05-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Richard :inlove:

andy neyer
05-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Suck it Verdasco !!

French crowds = Spanish killas

guy in sf
05-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Never in doubt.

I betted all my vcash on Richard (wich wasn't much, lol) and Richard delivers.

Too bad about the crowd stuff and the no-handshake stuff but hell, shit happens.

Why no handshake? Was it because Nando didn't want to shake or Richard? Was Nando mad at Richard, thought he had issues with the crowds, not Richard. I didn't watch the match.

habibko
05-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Richie :worship: what a comeback, really happy for him :sobbing: :bounce: :rocker2:

Fedfanforever
05-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Great comeback :banana::banana:

Chair Umpire
05-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Did the crowd say something bad to Nando that was heard by him or was he mad at them for just being rowdy? Yelling "puta" to the audience will surely fire things up from both sides but I'm sure he was probably responding to some specific shout from the crowd? No? I'm surprised because Nando is usually quite professional.

I don't know what happened but in the Davis Cup '08 final (Mar del Plata, Argentina) part of the public yelled at him "Verdasco tiene miedo" (Verdasco is afraid) and "el que no salte es un gallego ma**con" (whoever doesn't jump is a spanish fa***t). That was in the last match against Acasuso and he keept it cool for five sets.

So I find hard to believe that he went mad at nothing this time.

MrChopin
05-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Maybe this is the push Verdasco needed to finalize accept being a man and stand up to Nadal. I'm not betting on it.

gorgo1986
05-22-2010, 05:14 PM

Anyway, so happy the victory drought is over for Richard but again he choked while serving for the 2nd set and perhaps against a tougher opponent he might not be able to recover from such a choke. Richard needs to learn how to close matches and take advantage of the leads that he works so hard to get. Slow down and breathe Richard when you're serving for the match next time.

Verdasco was ticked off that Richard spent more time on his injury time out and when he came back on the court he was moving better than ever. But what really ticked him off was some guy in the crowd who was cussing at him, yelling at him to miss. Nando kept turning around fighting with the guy and when the crowd started jeering, Nando lost it and started fighting with all of them. They jeered him for 5 minutes straight(chanting insults at him). After each winner he would put up his hands to say to the crowd yell some more, yell some more now(his father kept on telling him to settle down but he had lost it completely). LOL It was crazy. It eventually got somewhat better but there were jeers all trough out the end. Nando was pissed off, he did not shake Richie's hand because he taught Richie was riling he crowd up more. At the end of the match it looked like Richard complained to the umpire about Verdasco's language. Lots of drama!

gulzhan
05-22-2010, 05:43 PM
I am very happy for Richard. He needed this win a lot especially since he choked the end of 2nd set. It was also very important for Richard that he came back from 1-4 when saved several break-points.

Verdasco should have taken things easier. On TV the crowd didn't sound too bad. Maybe I am biased. Still, with RG coming it looked very stupid for Verdasco to make a big issue out of mere cheering. He was more angry at himself because he thought this little title was already in his pocket and then, suddenly, Richard broke back. Not that pretty that Verdasco took it all out on the crowd.

CyBorg
05-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Yes, this Verdasco guy is definitely ready to challenge Nadal.

andy neyer
05-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Why no handshake? Was it because Nando didn't want to shake or Richard? Was Nando mad at Richard, thought he had issues with the crowds, not Richard. I didn't watch the match.

I didn't see the match either but the OP mentioned it.

Chair Umpire
05-22-2010, 05:47 PM
There are already a few open threads discussing this match in the main page. Yet my thread about Roger's interview for The Idependent was closed within 5 seconds for being a repost. lol.

Abc Tennis
05-22-2010, 05:49 PM

He was mad at Richard 'cause he called the trainer for a "knee-injury" in the third set (after having lost 6 games in a row) and Nando thought he was faking it. (At one point, after hitting a winner, Nando aped him, touching his knee and wincing :o )

andy neyer
05-22-2010, 05:50 PM
There are already a few open threads discussing this match in the main page. Yet my thread about Roger's interview for The Idependent was closed within 5 seconds for being a repost. lol.

I dunno what's up with the deleted threads here. In this week I have posted an article about Soderling and the next day an Interview to Nadal and both were deleted. To my awareness, both the article and the interview hadn't been posted here and I thought both were quite interesting.

gulzhan
05-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Nando is a moron. He deserved to lose after losing his head that way in the third. But if I were him, I'd be furious as well with Gasquet and his "injury" :rolleyes:

I watched the match, the injury was legit. For some time Gasquet couldn't put weight on his left leg, he didn't run. Verdasco saw that all and he knew Gasquet didn't fake it. We don't know yet what will be the consequences. Verdasco is just ill-tempered.

andy neyer
05-22-2010, 05:55 PM
He was mad at Richard 'cause he called the trainer for a "knee-injury" in the third set (after having lost 6 games in a row) and Nando thought he was faking it. (At one point, after hitting a winner, Nando aped him, touching his knee and wincing :o )

Calling the trainer when you're not feeling that bad is a cheap shot but it's allowed by the rules. However, Dasco should have kept it together.

I never really liked Gasquet and never understood all the hype around him. However, I wanted him to win this match because I had thought he was going to win it and thus decided to bet everything I had on him.
That said, I can't say I like Dasco either.

gulzhan
05-22-2010, 06:00 PM
I love Richie do not get me wrong, I am glad he is doing good. But after the time out he was moving faster, hitting harder than ever, like a bunny on steroids. After he broke and Nando went ape crazy, he started riling up the crowd.

That is not true! He took a medical time out at 3-0, the next game he served and he tried to finish every point with one shot only because he couldn't move at all. In fact, he started hitting harder to avoid moving! He got lucky with a couple of hits right into the line.

Then he gave away the next game for Verdasco to lead 4-1 and only after that, after the trainer gave him additional treatment during the regular break, Richard started moving better. Still, he wasn't at his best, struggled in his service game, saved several bps. Verdasco just grew impatient, he was annoyed by Gasquet not giving up, you could see it.

Pirata.
05-22-2010, 06:02 PM
http://www.as.com/tenis/articulo/gasquet-gano-frente-verdasco-primer/dasten/20100522dasdasten_4/Tes

Here is a video. Fernando :o

malisha
05-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Stepanek and Gasquet know how to treat fruitcakes like Nando in finals:D:D
loved that Brisbane 2009. final but this was even better
good for the game

guy in sf
05-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Gasquet is not one of those a-hole players with attitude who play dirty so for Nando to take it out on him and not shake his hand is not cool. I didn't watch the match so I don't know if the injury was legit but for Nando to make fun of Gasquet's injury at one point and constantly shouting out Puta, I think Gasquet should have been the one mad at Nando not the other way around.

Abc Tennis
05-22-2010, 06:25 PM
I watched the match, the injury was legit. For some time Gasquet couldn't put weight on his left leg, he didn't run. Verdasco saw that all and he knew Gasquet didn't fake it. We don't know yet what will be the consequences. Verdasco is just ill-tempered.

I'm not saying that Nando was right, but that that was the reason he was mad at Richard. I don't know if Gasquet was really injured or not, and even if he was faking, Nando should have shut up and focused back on his game.

Chair Umpire
05-22-2010, 06:33 PM
I just watched the video at AS. Mugdasco is a disgrace.

Sunset of Age
05-22-2010, 06:43 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Happy for Gasquet, might well just be what he needed most right now. :hatoff:

Verdasco... I didn't see the match, so perhaps I shouldn't comment at all, but judging from what I read here he behaved VERY unprofessional. :o

I dunno what's up with the deleted threads here. In this week I have posted an article about Soderling and the next day an Interview to Nadal and both were deleted. To my awareness, both the article and the interview hadn't been posted here and I thought both were quite interesting.

Interviews/articles concerning only one player, i.e., 'not of general interest', should be posted in that players' forum I think. Shouldn't be deleted, just moved to the appropriate forum. As for multiple match-result threads, they usually get merged in due time. :shrug:

andy neyer
05-22-2010, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-c0ObiP3Pc

seems like a DC match. The crowd loudly cheering at every Dasco UE and Dasco visibly angry. lol

Johnny Groove
05-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Can't wait to download this.

tyruk14
05-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Bye bye, Andy...bye bye!

Ales_Alessandra
05-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Oh well! :awww: haven't seen it! Not the best behavior from Nando, :o or even from the crowd. So, hello Paris! :bolt:

Farrow
05-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah, because Nando has never turned a match around after an injury timeout ... :o Embarrassing from him really, quite unprofessional ... though the French crowd must be difficult to get along with.

Very pleased for Richie :D

Clydey
05-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Delighted for Gasquet. Couldn't he have waited a couple of weeks to find form, though?

Topspin Forehand
05-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Verdasco completes the week of stupidity that will make sure his chances of doing well in RG are wrecked. I didn't expect him to win it but you gotta give yourself the best possible chance.

andy neyer
05-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Verdasco on Gasquet: "Fucking shitty French"

In the seventh game of the third set, Verdasco lost his serve falling into desperation and as he changed sides on the court, he screamed out loud: "His bitch mother, fucking shitty French, fucking French of its balls? [de sus cojones]", referring to, judging by the images, his rival Richard Gasquet, who irritated the Madrid native with a game plan of short balls.

http://www.as.com/tenis/articulo/gasquet-gano-frente-verdasco-primer/dasten/20100522dasdasten_4/Tes

There is a video and you can listen to the kind 'French' of Verdasco. :lol:

Gasquetno.1
05-22-2010, 09:09 PM
That wasn't a tactic that's just Richards shitty forehand :lol:

l_mac
05-22-2010, 09:10 PM

The Nadal article was added to the articles thread in his forum. I'd imagine the Toad article also winged its way to its home forum.

Forehander
05-22-2010, 09:13 PM
You don't need brain surgery to figure out that Verdasco's quite a princess who throws girly tantrums when things don't go his way. To compare him with Nadal is a complete joke.

Corey Feldman
05-22-2010, 09:13 PM
unreal words from Verdasco the bad loser

and gorgo was the one saying he was being abused by crowd

andy neyer
05-22-2010, 09:29 PM
The Nadal article was added to the articles thread in his forum. I'd imagine the Toad article also winged its way to its home forum.

uh, okay. Thanks for letting me know.

elessar
05-22-2010, 09:41 PM
I think Verdasco is very bitter and jealous of all the success French players have enjoyed in Nice with 4 (:eek: :worship:) winners out of the last 39 being French. He seems to really hate the French for it, very unclassy behaviour if you ask me.

Topspin Forehand
05-22-2010, 09:43 PM
I think Verdasco is very bitter and jealous of all the success French players have enjoyed in Nice with 4 (:eek: :worship:) winners out of the last 39 being French. He seems to really hate the French for it, very unclassy behaviour if you ask me.
French crowd always disrespect spanish players. It's about time one of the players retaliated.

Chair Umpire
05-22-2010, 09:48 PM

:lol: Yeah right, I'm sure that Mugdasco is well aware of the winner-list in Nice for the past 39 years and the french success there bugs him. :lol:

A pathetic effort trying to convince us that all complains about the FO crowd not being able to cope with spaniards' success is BS. But nice try. :wavey:

oranges
05-22-2010, 09:53 PM
:lol: Yeah right, I'm sure that Mugdasco is well aware of the winner-list in Nice for the past 39 years and the french success there bugs him. :lol:

A pathetic effort trying to convince us that all complains about the FO crowd not being able to cope with spaniards' success is BS. But nice try. :wavey:

If the Spanish players are as whiny and self-important as you and a few others have been in this thread, it's no wonder they're not liked. They'd boo you anywhere. Pathetic.

Chair Umpire
05-22-2010, 09:57 PM
I've not whined. I've said that Mugdasco was a disgraced. You are either idiot or can't read properly.

oranges
05-22-2010, 10:01 PM
I've not whined. I've said that Mugdasco was a disgraced. You are either idiot or can't read properly.

See, such a likable attitude time and time again :hearts:

Chair Umpire
05-22-2010, 10:04 PM
And making personal judgements like these....

If the Spanish players are as whiny and self-important as you

... is just adorable of course.

oranges
05-22-2010, 10:07 PM
What can I say, you bored me death with that combo. I'd boo you in a second if you happened to be on court. As it is, I can only post that you're a whiny, prejudiced nuisance

Chair Umpire
05-22-2010, 10:11 PM
I bored you? I barely post in this forum. And again I tell you I said that Mugdasco was a disgrace indeed how is that whining? So then again...

You are either idiot or can't read properly.

oranges
05-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Does it matter how often you post usually? What matters is that you're a whiny nuisance in this and French crowd thread. Is there any need to beat this dead horse any more?

acd692
05-22-2010, 10:50 PM
bravoo richard:)!

Ales_Alessandra
05-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Ok, Nando lost it in a bad way with a bad behaviour! :o But you don't need to get on his mood. What's wrong people? Why are you attacking each other? :confused: There is no point, really! :shrug:

Bilbo
05-22-2010, 11:07 PM
I have a feeling Nando won't play in Nice next year. He completely freaked out.

whattheheck
05-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Allez Richie!

andy neyer
05-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Would be great if he gets booed in RG too, imo.

Bilbo
05-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Would be great if he gets booed in RG too, imo.

i expect this to be honest. the crowd in paris are aware of what happened today.

guy in sf
05-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Wow I just saw the clip where Verdasco completely lost it and started cussing saying something about 'french being shitty". You just don't say something like that about someone on their soil that loud, that's just stupidity and horrible sportsmanship, he is really going to get it at RG, the crowds will remember this!

Topspin Forehand
05-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Wow I just saw the clip where Verdasco completely lost it and started cussing saying something about 'french being shitty". You just don't say something like that about someone on their soil that loud, that's just stupidity and horrible sportsmanship, he is really going to get it at RG, the crowds will remember this!
Yep but God bless him for saying it though. That crowd is totally classless with their whistling and jeering crap.

Guy Haines
05-23-2010, 12:01 AM
To paraphrase the Stranglers, they aren't so nice in Nice.

Something tells me there's going to be major drama at Roland Garros this year.

Bilbo
05-23-2010, 12:05 AM
verdasco-serra is very likely in the 2nd round. this will be interesting especially if the match is on court 1.

Ariel
05-23-2010, 02:24 AM
Fer looked like a complete baby egging the boos on by waving his arms upward. I didn't even notice that much jeering/booing before that but after he magnified it and let everyone know it was bothering him they bullied him big time. It's painful to watch a player self destruct like that. He should have won it in the tie break.

But allez Gasquet. He played some riveting tennis albeit intermixed with a full complement of silly dumps into the net. Very entertaining match.

Ibracadabra
05-23-2010, 02:30 AM
what actually happened today? the booing?

I_Dasco
05-23-2010, 04:36 AM
Nando was just mad and couldnt control himself ..People made misstakes when they was angry and Professional player is a human too sometimes they act bad..No one is pefrect Isnt it?

~*BGT*~
05-23-2010, 04:57 AM
Delighted for Gasquet. Couldn't he have waited a couple of weeks to find form, though?

Scared? :aplot:

Deivid23
05-23-2010, 06:03 AM
So Gasquet is a cheater and Verdasco a choking idiot. What else is new?

lalit
05-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Verdasco on Gasquet: "Fucking shitty French"

In the seventh game of the third set, Verdasco lost his serve falling into desperation and as he changed sides on the court, he screamed out loud: "His bitch mother, fucking shitty French, fucking French of its balls? [de sus cojones]", referring to, judging by the images, his rival Richard Gasquet, who irritated the Madrid native with a game plan of short balls.

There is a video and you can listen to the kind 'French' of Verdasco. :lol:

Did you do an online translation? Doesn't sound correct.

KarlyM
05-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Nice to see Gasquet get an ATP title after quite awhile. :)

Dougie
05-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Nice win for Ritchie, should get his confidence up. Let´s hope he recovers for the Murray-match, that should be interesting.

Acer
05-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Mother fucking ALLEZ!

ShotmaKer
05-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Mother fucking ALLEZ!

:lol:

andy neyer
05-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Did you do an online translation? Doesn't sound correct.

I'm fluent in Spanish :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQI36vny6O0

"Su puta madre. Hostia. Puto francés de mierda. Hostia. Puto francés de los cojones",

=

"His bitch mother. Hostia. Fucking shitty frenchman. Hostia. Fucking french of the balls (not quite sure how that last part is suppossed to be translated).

It can be discussed what 'puto' really means. I translated as "fucking" here. I know that puta is a curse word to mean a prostitute.... Hence I transalated as "bitch" in the first sentence.

I also don't know what Hostia means. Perhaps a Spanish can help us out here?

Pirata.
05-23-2010, 06:24 PM
I also don't know what Hostia means. Perhaps a Spanish can help us out here?

Not Spanish, but Hostia can be used as an expression of surprise. It's another name for the communion wafer, but when used in this sort of context, it's like an interjection of surprise or anger.

lalit
05-23-2010, 06:37 PM
uncommon but isnt mierda also slang for fa**ot. it makes more sense in view of all the rumors around richie

andy neyer
05-23-2010, 06:44 PM
uncommon but isnt mierda also slang for fa**ot. it makes more sense in view of all the rumors around richie

No.

Mierda = shit. There is no hidden sexual meaning in that word. I'm 100% sure of that.

Not Spanish, but Hostia can be used as an expression of surprise. It's another name for the communion wafer, but when used in this sort of context, it's like an interjection of surprise or anger.

uh, ok.

Guy Haines
05-23-2010, 06:51 PM

:lol:

Ibracadabra
05-23-2010, 06:54 PM
lol nando gonna have a big following at rg. Not fans though ;)

Forehander
05-23-2010, 09:08 PM
We all know what happened when Martina Hingis played against Graf in RG. I want to see him crying on his papa's shoulders right after he loses.

FiBeR
05-23-2010, 09:32 PM
puto = gay

Sunset of Age
05-23-2010, 10:33 PM
No.

Mierda = shit. There is no hidden sexual meaning in that word. I'm 100% sure of that.

The same word as the French 'merde'. I bet we're going to hear that quite a few times during the upcoming two weeks as well. :p

FlameOn
05-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Fernando has apologized for what happened in Nice.

"After analyzing what happened in the final against Richard Gasquet Nice, I want to apologize to the fans, Gasquet himself, and of course the French public. Those who know me well know I've always had great respect for my rivals and by the public, or of the nationality that is, "he says.

"What happened was the result of the provocation of two fans in particular, that in no way represent the French public. I should never play that game and had to have been more calm and hold my nerves, what did not happen due to the stress of the game. So I repeat my apology for what happened and I regret deeply, "the player said in a statement that he signed.

http://translate.google.co.nz/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.meridiano.com.ve%2FTE NIS%2Fnoticia.asp%3Fregistro%3D155441&sl=es&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Dini
05-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Missed all the drama, injury timeouts, choking and brilliant points but freaking hell I love you Richard. So pleasantly surprised to see
this result. :hearts:

Well done for apologising, Verdasco.

Sunset of Age
05-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Missed all the drama, injury timeouts, choking and brilliant points but freaking hell I love you Richard. So pleasantly surprised to see
this result. :hearts:

Well done for apologising, Verdasco.

+1. It's just human. We all make mistakes.

Chair Umpire
05-24-2010, 12:31 AM
puto = gay

That's in America not in Spain. "Puto" (used as a substantive) in Spain is a pejorative synonym of "gigolo".

Nevertheless Mugdasco didn't used the word "puto" as a substantive but as an adjective. As an adjective "puto" doesn't have any specific meaning.

If he would have wanted to call Gasquet "gay", he would have used the word "maricon". Just like some argentinians fans did to him in the Davis Cup final -08.

marcRD
05-24-2010, 12:54 AM
Has anyone noticed how Gasquet could go all the way to SF in RG?

I am completely serious when I say that there is no opponent in his quarter who is better than him on clay, Youzhny should be his most difficult opponent.

Geo
05-24-2010, 12:54 AM
:spit: :o well this wasn't Verdasco's best moment, but I do think it's out of character for him. I don't remember ever seeing this kind of behavior from him before. Hopefully this won't become a pattern for him, when he's having a tough match.

Nothing to say about the crowd :lol: pathetic as usual :help: :tape:

FlameOn
05-24-2010, 12:55 AM

I am completely serious when I say that there is no opponent in his quarter who is better than him on clay, Youzhny should be his most difficult opponent.
There's a good chance of him losing to Murray. Especially if there was a good reason he wanted to play on Tuesday instead of Monday.

marcRD
05-24-2010, 12:57 AM
There's a good chance of him losing to Murray. Especially if there was a good reason he wanted to play on Tuesday instead of Monday.

Yes he could lose in 1st round (I think he is 70-30 favorite), but take a look for yourself and tell me one player in the quarter who clearly is better on clay than Gasquet?

FlameOn
05-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Yes he could lose in 1st round (I think he is 70-30 favorite), but take a look for yourself and tell me one player in the quarter who clearly is better on clay than Gasquet?
I'm not sure, but Berdych in R4 could be a cracker. :D

FlameOn
05-24-2010, 01:16 AM
Anyway this thread must die. :armed: :lol: The matter's been dealt with and it's a new tournament now. ;)

oranges
05-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Anyway this thread must die. :armed: :lol: The matter's been dealt with and it's a new tournament now. ;)

No way, it will live throughout RG and afterwards. :rocker2: It's time for a round of celebrations again :woohoo::banana::music:

Mjau!
05-24-2010, 02:04 AM

This is true, but he'll run out of gas for sure. :sad:

Puschkin
05-24-2010, 07:37 AM
Fernando has apologized for what happened in Nice.

I never liked Verdasco, but this was a good move, well done!

FormerRafaFan
05-24-2010, 08:41 AM
He had one outburst, he is human. It can happen to anyone. I understand that he got frustrated, but I'm glad he apologized. I was surprised, because he usually keeps a cool head on court, but well, the french crowd is not the easiest crowd. Oh well, it's over now so lets move on to Roland Garros..

Sophocles
05-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Good win for Gasquet. Verdasco's stay at this year's R.G. is likely to be unpleasant & short. Which is a shame.

FlameOn
05-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Good win for Gasquet. Verdasco's stay at this year's R.G. is likely to be unpleasant & short. Which is a shame.
I hope not.

He's having the benefit of a few days before playing to nurse his elbow and put last week behind him. Plus he has no Frenchies in his quarter apart from Serra who he's likely to face, and should be able to handle crowd or no crowd.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-27-2010, 06:06 AM
French crowds = Spanish killas

RG 05, 06, 07, 08

Poor Fedtards not too bright are they