Who will be best - Harrison,Tomic or Dimitrov? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who will be best - Harrison,Tomic or Dimitrov?

Riosreigned
05-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Arguably these are the three best known, most hyped and flashiest young ATP players on the rise. All have stumbled recently in maintaining steady rises up the rankings but still all three look like top 10 calibre players.

Federer struggled in his early 20s late teens then found the groove. Nadal I don't remember struggling, he just kept shooting up and up. The only time Rafa was stalled was by foot injury the year before he won his first French Open.

This article sparks an interesting debate about who will be the best: Very hard to say but I like Harrison, who is youngest and has the biggest weapon - his serve. Saw Harrison and Dent take a set off the Bryans in dubs in Delray. Dimitrov has really struggled lately and Lundgren's comment that Grigor was more advanced at same age than Federer put added pressure on theh Bulgarian. Tomic is very hard to figure as he is controversial (father), steady, smart, but lacking of a big weapon.

Certinfy
05-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Why isn't Krajinovic there?

Anyway Harrison.

Filo V.
05-22-2010, 03:13 PM
I honestly think Grigor is the most talented of the 3. It's too early to tell whose going to have the best career of the three, too many unforeseen events.

Matchu
05-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Why are people so doubtful of Tomic? Andy Roddick reached number one and won a Grand Slam and is terrible on the red stuff too so if Tomic could have a similar career he would probably be the best of the three. Harrison and Dimitrov seem to have both stopped growing physically but Tomic has grow quite a bit in the last 12 months and has a very similar build to Mario Ancic now.

Dimitrov has been very disappointing of late but Harrison has been pretty consistant most of the year I guess. I think though that Tomic is well ahead of them in experience, winning two grand slam matches and two challengers before the age of 18 are two achievements that would most probably hold Tomic in very good stead for the next 12 months.

Hellraiser
05-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Harrison no doubt

Johnny Groove
05-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Probably Ryan Harrison.

And Filip Krajinovic should be in the discussion.

SelvenluvJo
05-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Dimi has the best game,but he is in trouble now...

Goldenoldie
05-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Harrison. From what I've seen he is the most level-headed and consistent.
Dimitrov is exciting, but too error-prone. Tomic is improving his attitude and game, but I just can't warm to him, unfortunately.

tumbak
05-22-2010, 06:15 PM
My countryman is the most talented by far, don't know what's happening with his mind though ... something's unfortunately going wrong.

-Valhalla-
05-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Harrison. Great attitude, great fight, and very mature.

petar_pan
05-22-2010, 07:05 PM
tomic, no doubt. he is too good for them. and krajinovic and bhambri should to be in the poll too

n8
05-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Arguably these are the three best known, most hyped and flashiest young ATP players on the rise. All have stumbled recently in maintaining steady rises up the rankings but still all three look like top 10 calibre players.

Federer struggled in his early 20s late teens then found the groove. Nadal I don't remember struggling, he just kept shooting up and up. The only time Rafa was stalled was by foot injury the year before he won his first French Open.

This article sparks an interesting debate about who will be the best: Very hard to say but I like Harrison, who is youngest and has the biggest weapon - his serve. Saw Harrison and Dent take a set off the Bryans in dubs in Delray. Dimitrov has really struggled lately and Lundgren's comment that Grigor was more advanced at same age than Federer put added pressure on theh Bulgarian. Tomic is very hard to figure as he is controversial (father), steady, smart, but lacking of a big weapon.

http://tennis-prose.com/articles/danm/point-of-debate-who-will-be-best-player-ryan-harrison-bernard-tomic-or-gregor-dimitrov/

Harrison is not the youngest. He is already 18.

Tomic 17 and 7 months.
Harrison 18 and 0 months.
Dimitrov 19 and 0 months.

NicoMedellin
05-23-2010, 03:50 AM
Harrison and Krajinovic!!!

navy75
05-23-2010, 10:38 AM
tomic, no doubt. he is too good for them. and krajinovic and bhambri should to be in the poll too

Bhambri doesn't have the weapons to compete on the main tour. His style of play obviously allows him to do well in juniors when other players are sailing balls out while their power shots are developing, but once his peers get their passing shots down he is toast. Best case scenario he could be a pretty good pusher and get to around Somdev's ranking...

navy75
05-23-2010, 10:44 AM
You never know how injuries will effect players and I've only seen two of the three play, but I feel pretty good about picking Harrison of the three at this point. Harrison's serve is already a weapon, and he had instincts at the net at 14 that most players don't have in their lifetimes. I wouldn't put Tomic far behind, but he and his family are such headcases that you have to question if he will be headstrong enough to endure the inevitable rough patches that come with this game. We were all ready to appoint Dimitrov the new king a few years' back, but at this point you have to wonder if it will ever start to click for him.

n8
05-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Head to head:

Harrison leads Tomic 1-0
2009 Binghamton (USA) Challenger Q2 7-6 7-5

Harrison and Dimitrov 0-0

Tomic leads Dimitrov 1-0
2007 Kentucky International* (USA) R3 6-0 3-0 RET

*Juniors

Ad Wim
05-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Harrison, best mentally.

johnny tsunami
07-19-2014, 03:18 AM
i think harrison really has a shot here :drink:

DartMarcus
07-19-2014, 03:23 AM
Why isn't Krajinovic there?

Anyway Harrison.

Harrison no doubt

Harrison. From what I've seen he is the most level-headed and consistent.
Dimitrov is exciting, but too error-prone. Tomic is improving his attitude and game, but I just can't warm to him, unfortunately.

Harrison. Great attitude, great fight, and very mature.

Harrison, best mentally.

:worship:

Forehander
07-19-2014, 05:20 AM
:haha::haha::haha:

WinterIsComing
07-19-2014, 05:33 AM
:haha: :haha:

Congratulations for digging this gem out of the abyss mate, really worth the effort :yeah:

phase3
07-19-2014, 06:25 AM
I honestly think Grigor is the most talented of the 3. It's too early to tell whose going to have the best career of the three, too many unforeseen events.I think all these disappointments are about to have their party crashed by a REAL new phenom. Germany has a new sensation in the form of Alexander Zverev. I think he is going to be a real force in tennis over the next few years when he comes into his prime. Of the current crop Dimitrov looks the best, but he has it All to do.

Mountaindewslave
07-19-2014, 08:01 AM
oddly I still think it will be Tomic

I think he's slow to mature and grow into himself but has massive potential. one thing can be said for sure- it's unlikely that Tomic has tired his body much at all with his fairly lazy attitude nor has he reached anywhere near his potential

Mountaindewslave
07-19-2014, 08:02 AM
i think harrison really has a shot here :drink:

to be fair, Ryan has a big serve and big forehand and is quite fit. there really isn't any excuse for why he's doing as poorly as he is

Sombrerero loco
07-19-2014, 11:07 AM
tomic, by far

InfoKenway
07-19-2014, 11:10 AM
Harrison was pretty good then.

Fumus
07-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Just an FYI - I think you maybe judging this midway through the race... what if Tomic has an Agassi like resurgence in his mid twenties and dominates taking 3-4 slams? Or Harrison for that matter? Dmitrov has done the best so far and looks to be the most talented and promising but certainly the jury is out on this class atleast for a few more years, no? Certainly Dmitrov could fall off or get injured and never be the same, like Tommy Haas, JmG, Marc Poo, Rios or similar.

Joey Tribbiani
07-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Well, right now it looks like:

Dimitrov >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tomic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Harrison

Doktor Carpet
07-19-2014, 02:02 PM
:lol:

Gem of a thread. Dimitrov could probably beat Harrison/Tomic allowing them to use doubles court.

Fumus
07-19-2014, 02:06 PM
Well, right it looks like:

Dimitrov >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tomic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Harrison

Cannot argue that.

Riosreigned
07-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Now we have Zverev, Raonic, Kyrgios, Khachanov, Quinzi, Peliwo, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Coric added to the mix.

riff
07-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Just an FYI - I think you maybe judging this midway through the race... what if Tomic has an Agassi like resurgence in his mid twenties and dominates taking 3-4 slams? Or Harrison for that matter? Dmitrov has done the best so far and looks to be the most talented and promising but certainly the jury is out on this class atleast for a few more years, no? Certainly Dmitrov could fall off or get injured and never be the same, like Tommy Haas, JmG, Marc Poo, Rios or similar.

that applies to everybody, so you discard the common factor in order to have any discussion at all.

riff
07-19-2014, 03:30 PM
:lol:

Gem of a thread. Dimitrov could probably beat Harrison/Tomic allowing them to use doubles court.

bernie is coming back strong, he won the tournament in Bogota, he could be better than Dimitrov now

n8
07-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Now we have Zverev, Raonic, Kyrgios, Khachanov, Quinzi, Peliwo, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Coric added to the mix.

Raonic born 1990, Kozlov born 1998. Kind of like grouping Federer and Del Potro.

HaskovoMug
07-19-2014, 04:07 PM
bernie is coming back strong, he won the tournament in Bogota, he could be better than Dimitrov now
I really hope you were being sarcastic :eek:

Doktor Carpet
07-19-2014, 04:25 PM
I really hope you were being sarcastic :eek:

Me too, and it's probably the case, since Bogota is basically a challenger and actually Tomic didn't even won yey.

But I'm not 100% sure he was being sarcastic.. :lol:

Time Violation
07-19-2014, 04:33 PM

Tomic could do that, Harrison is the new Donald Young most likely

n8
07-19-2014, 04:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNhtwB153OY&feature=youtu.be&t=12m50s

Good luck to him, but he loses points for calling out in the middle of the point (distracting Kozlov) and just admiring his shot when it's not a winner. Hopefully he grows out of smashing his racquet in celebration.

Joey Tribbiani
07-19-2014, 04:50 PM

Good luck to him, but he loses points for calling out in the middle of the point (distracting Kozlov) and just admiring his shot when it's not a winner. Hopefully he grows out of smashing his racquet in celebration.

Lmao :spit:

riff
07-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Me too, and it's probably the case, since Bogota is basically a challenger and actually Tomic didn't even won yey.

But I'm not 100% sure he was being sarcastic.. :lol:

who is going to stop him? you?

Doktor Carpet
07-19-2014, 06:50 PM
who is going to stop him? you?

It's still the semifinals, so there are still 3 others players in the draw. :shrug:

Smoke944
07-19-2014, 07:05 PM

I'm assuming you're serious, in which case :spit:

nevenez
09-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Dimitrov despite his mentality, Tomic just lol, Harrison is almost forgotten!

Kowchi
09-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Harrison and best should not be used in the same sentence

Burrow
09-03-2014, 06:17 PM
That racket 'slam' is nothing compared to Todd Martin's decimation of his racket after beating Moya at the 2000 US Open from 2 sets down.

Tiebreak100
09-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Probably Ryan Harrison.

And Filip Krajinovic should be in the discussion.

Good shout mate.

Loosie
09-03-2014, 07:05 PM

:superlol: Peliwo is currently losing first round matches in Future Qualies. He had a good junior year and a smattering of wins in his first 'pro' year but since then has done nothing.