Kei Nishikori,this year´s Soderking?

Malul
05-22-2010, 11:15 AM
1st round:Giraldo
2nd: Djokovic
3rd:Hanescu
4th:Ferrero
QF:Ferrer/A-Rod

The road is open for his comeback and his major breakthrough!

Or will it all end with despair in round 1?

What do you think about the future for Asia´s hope?

Guigr
05-22-2010, 11:21 AM
The guy was unranked and hurt just two months ago. He hasn't played any top players since his return from injury.
Maybe in Wimbledon (if his PR is enough)

S.K
05-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Rubbish prediction is rubbish.

ChuckNorrisFan
05-22-2010, 11:41 AM
OP no good

kooties
05-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Massive Kei fan here. I'll be happy if he makes it out of the first round

The Magician
05-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Sorry for Kei but he got the worst possible first round draw at RG. Everyone will see that at the end of RG of course.

Jimnik
05-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Massive Kei fan here. I'll be happy if he makes it out of the first round
This.

In fact I'll be happy if he wins a set or two.

Filo V.
05-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Absolutely NOT.

Probably will lose R1.

pica_pica
05-22-2010, 01:18 PM
That Giraldo is in good form, I guess? Anyway I'll root for Kei.

Kolya
05-22-2010, 01:42 PM
You're this year's Soderking.

Malul
05-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Never in doubt as expected!
Djokovic next victim!:worship:

DanaKz
05-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Kei :worship:
Real fighter.

Sillyrabbit
05-24-2010, 03:33 PM
He won't be getting past Djokovic. Good for him though, one match won. Off to grass he goes.

kooties
05-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Soderling beat the King of Clay Nadal last year..

Nishikori beat the Destined One Giraldo this year

Nishikori > Soda

Ciarán.
05-24-2010, 03:34 PM
I wish :sobbing: Although I honestly don't see it happening. I'd be happy if he took a set or two off of Nole for the mean time :)

Monderoy
05-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Giraldo has gone way down in my books. He is gutless and will never be a top player!

Once Kei started to put up a fight, Giraldo ran threw his toys out the sand box and gave up. It was the same thing against Isner. 23 BPs in that match and a 1st set 6-1 win...but he folded like a deck of cards once Isner started serving well again and lost the 3rd 1-6. No fight and no heart. Should stick to the challenger circuit.

Today he just simply gave up. You guys saw the 4th set? It was ridiculous! He wasn't running and simple shots, he just slapped away like he didn't care. Then he calls for the trainer for a massage...yeah right, "Injured". More like his pussy was hurting.

Makes me wonder if he threw the game to win some money because it was pathetic from sets 4 to 5. I really wanted to see him do well after he blew away Ferrero...but that was just a smoke screen. He is shit and with no fight whatsoever.

Malul
05-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Sorry for Kei but he got the worst possible first round draw at RG. Everyone will see that at the end of RG of course.

well..

1st set against Nole will be very important to win for Kei if he will succeed bringing that giant down!!

FormerRafaFan
05-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Such a shame. I really thought Giraldo could win this. I was obviously wrong..

On the positive side, glad to see Asian players doing well, not many of those these days.

The Magician
05-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Giraldo has gone way down in my books. He is gutless and will never be a top player!

Once Kei started to put up a fight, Giraldo ran threw his toys out the sand box and gave up. It was the same thing against Isner. 23 BPs in that match and a 1st set 6-1 win...but he folded like a deck of cards once Isner started serving well again and lost the 3rd 1-6. No fight and no heart. Should stick to the challenger circuit.

Today he just simply gave up. You guys saw the 4th set? It was ridiculous! He wasn't running and simple shots, he just slapped away like he didn't care. Then he calls for the trainer for a massage...yeah right, "Injured". More like his pussy was hurting.

Makes me wonder if he threw the game to win some money because it was pathetic from sets 4 to 5. I really wanted to see him do well after he blew away Ferrero...but that was just a smoke screen. He is shit and with no fight whatsoever.

A bit harsh but this is pretty much right. Giraldo has the game to win a GS, but not the mentality, sort of like a clay court version of Gulbis. He really needs some confidence or a new coach to utilize his vast potential.

Filo V.
05-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Great win vs. Giraldo, I didn't expect it but thought it could happen. He fought hard and just stayed consistent, kept the ball deep, served decently, and moved well and moved Giraldo around the court when he was tired at the end.

I can see him winning a set vs. Nole, and possibly troubling really him, but he and Nole and pretty similar players and Nole is better, so it would take him playing better than he did today to win.

Santi is OVERRATED and I hope the bandwagoning of him is over for a while now.

Priam
05-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Gasquet is this year's Soderling! Great win for Kei though.