Cremona CH QF Tomic d. Soeda 6-4 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Cremona CH QF Tomic d. Soeda 6-4 6-3

Matchu
05-22-2010, 01:33 AM
There was a lot of talk before the match about the sort of form Soeda was in and how Bernard would struggle but he broke in the first game of both sets and put on a serving display without getting broken the whole match. Perhaps people will take Bernard for real when he gets really good results on Hard?

BTW Bernard would definitely have to be one of the favorites left in the draw, should win this one and regain his rightful place of number 1 1992 player.

Smoke944
05-22-2010, 01:36 AM
Who cares who is the number 1 1992 player right now. These young guys will have spurts of great play as well as slumps and they all have a long way to go.

octatennis
05-22-2010, 01:38 AM
this is a convincing result from the croatian.

Matchu
05-22-2010, 02:46 AM
Who cares who is the number 1 1992 player right now. These young guys will have spurts of great play as well as slumps and they all have a long way to go.

Well in Bernard's case, with the exception of Brisbane, he has played very well all year on hard courts. Even if you include Brisbane he still two weeks later went out and won a grand slam match and took a semifinalist to 5 sets.

This result in Italy is important though because it is the first real result he has had outside of Australia.

n8
05-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Well in Bernard's case, with the exception of Brisbane, he has played very well all year on hard courts. Even if you include Brisbane he still two weeks later went out and won a grand slam match and took a semifinalist to 5 sets.

This result in Italy is important though because it is the first real result he has had outside of Australia.

Nice post. Tomic has played excellently on hard but had no big results (I mean relatively of course, and in men's) outside Australia until now. This result proves that clay is not Tomic surface at all and that he will be a force on hard in all continents.

Tomic is an amazing 13-2 on hard this year (and none of those wins were Futures, although 2 were Challenger qualifying). His only two losses were against Dolgopolov (who has risen from 131 to 57 since they played) and Cilic.

Ilovetheblues_86
05-22-2010, 03:28 AM
Tomic might grow faster than Berankis, probably, and Dmitrov, off course, who looks more like a mid-late bloomer.

Smoke944
05-22-2010, 03:29 AM

I know this. If you have been paying attention I have been defending him here a lot on MTF lately :p

Matchu
05-22-2010, 07:26 AM
I know this. If you have been paying attention I have been defending him here a lot on MTF lately :p

oh I didn't realise. I just thought you dismissed it, although any 17 year old reaching a semifinal of an overseas challenger is pretty impressive so I'm sure there wouldn't be too many people that would think this was nothing. He is definitely the real deal and this result shows it. He will probably jump ahead of most of the top 1990/1991 players very soon.

chewy
05-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Congrats to Tomic, frankly I'm not surprised by this result because I believe this kid have potential to compete at a higher level.

Nathaliia
05-22-2010, 01:19 PM
This is the result from Tomic we were asking for in the Del bonis' threads :) I reckon there's a chance he can still do better in this event than a semi. Obviously the line-up wasn't here so good because of the RG quallies but wins are wins. Nothing worse for a young prospect's head to collect a bunch of R1 losses.

n8
05-22-2010, 01:28 PM
This is the result from Tomic we were asking for in the Del bonis' threads :) I reckon there's a chance he can still do better in this event than a semi. Obviously the line-up wasn't here so good because of the RG quallies but wins are wins. [B]Nothing worse for a young prospect's head to collect a bunch of R1 losses.

Geez you've got a lot of posts!

Live scores... Tomic saves a break point and holds serve for 1-0.

Nathaliia
05-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Geez you've got a lot of posts!
Thanks for telling me, I haven't noticed :sobbing: MTF and myself, long story.

Live scores... Tomic saves a break point and holds serve for 1-0.
The rule is we aren't livescoring in the GM threads :awww: You can get an infraction from a mod for it :wavey: You can go to the challenger forum or to the gamblers lounge :p

n8
05-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks for telling me, I haven't noticed :sobbing: MTF and myself, long story.

The rule is we aren't livescoring in the GM threads :awww: You can get an infraction from a mod for it :wavey: You can go to the challenger forum or to the gamblers lounge :p

Yeah, I had a suspicion but never knew it was official, I'll take your word for it given your experience:devil:. It's the first time I've done it and the only reason I did it then was to take some attention away from my ample posts remark... Thanks for the friendly advice :D.