Virginia Wade warns Murray - Eurosport article [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Virginia Wade warns Murray - Eurosport article

laurie-1
05-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Read on....

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/20052010/58/french-open-wade-warns-murray.html

Former Wimbledon champion Virginia Wade has criticised Andy Murray for a series of poor decisions this season that have impacted on his form and standing in the game.

British number one Murray (pictured) is going through a difficult patch since reaching the Australian Open final in January, where he lost to Roger Federer, and Wade thinks his decision-making may have contributed to that.

Murray first angered organisers in Marseille when he withdrew just three days ahead of their February tournament, despite being seeded number one.

In Dubai he chose to experiment with his game during a loss to Janko Tipsarevic, and he also angered British tennis fans when he opted not to play the Davis Cup tie against Lithuania.

Wade, who will be a Eurosport guest during the upcoming French Open, believes Murray needs to take care not to lose further goodwill within the game.

"Andy is treading water a little bit right now," Wade told the Daily Mail. "A few things blew up in his face recently, all of which were a little bit his responsibility.

"They tested him. He probably started the ball rolling by pulling out of Marseille at the last minute and really aggravating them.

"The there was Dubai, and the people who were there tell you that his message was not delivered very well. I thought people were being a little harsh on him but I heard he came across as saying 'I was messing around'.

"Then there was the Davis Cup stuff. What was the big deal if he did go and play two matches?"

Murray has failed to progress beyond the quarter-finals in any of his last six events since the Australian Open but will hope to make amends at the French Open starting on Sunday.

ChuckNorrisFan
05-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Murray no good

Stelle
05-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Agree completely with this article, Murray Sucks and he thinks he can keep his good ranking? Nuh-uh he is a douche. He is kind of acting all up himself a bit and i am so glad to see him sucking it on clay, i hope Britain sees what a slam-less immature idiot he really is at Wimbledon!!

tennizen
05-21-2010, 01:47 PM
What exactly is she warning him about?:lol::retard:

He has a right to take whatever decisions he wants.

star
05-21-2010, 02:12 PM
What exactly is she warning him about?:lol::retard:

He has a right to take whatever decisions he wants.

Of course he does. She's only warning him of the dangers of those decisions.

But I'm not sure who "they" are.

Wade (to my outsider's eyes) seems to be very establishmentarian. From that perspective, Murray's a bit hard to take.

But, since I'm not British, I really don't care. :lol:

tennizen
05-21-2010, 02:14 PM
I really don't understand what the dangers of those decisions are?Is she saying Britain will disown him or something?

star
05-21-2010, 02:32 PM
I really don't understand what the dangers of those decisions are?Is she saying Britain will disown him or something?

It's very vague, isn't it? That's what I meant when I said I don't know who "they" are.

But this is my problem with Wade: Maybe it's just the tone of her voice or something, but she always sounds to me as if she is sneering a little bit, and this seems a little bit of sneering innuendo.

Just for myself, I think that doing the right thing gives one an inner calm. So, I think Murray would be better off not tilting at windmills or alienating people because he himself will feel better in the end. That's sort of my overall advice for life, but as I say, I don't care what he does. I'm just an observer when it comes to Murray.

scoobs
05-21-2010, 03:21 PM
She's certainly entitled to her opinion.

What I don't get is why she thinks anyone cares about it.

MsTree
05-21-2010, 09:18 PM
What's this hate filled thread about nothing doing in Andy's forum? Was it moved from GM?

Cloudygirl
05-22-2010, 12:43 AM
She's certainly entitled to her opinion.

What I don't get is why she thinks anyone cares about it.

I was thinking the same thing.

guga2120
05-22-2010, 05:36 AM
If he wins Wimbledon, she will most likely be the first one kissing his ass.

scoobs
05-22-2010, 09:21 AM
What's this hate filled thread about nothing doing in Andy's forum? Was it moved from GM?
yeah it will have been. i did wonder myself at first.

Jade Fox
05-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Does anyone get what she's trying to say here? And really what business is it of hers anyway? :rolleyes:

Goldenoldie
05-29-2010, 12:18 PM
I think that what Virginia is saying is that the support of the public, and perhaps to some extent the support of "the establishment" is important to Murray (or should be)

As for what business it is of hers, she's a Wimbledon champion, I know only WTA but champion nonetheless, and also she's being paid for her opinion.

scoobs
05-29-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't see why it should be.

It never was to McEnroe and now he is as much the establishment as the rest of them.