New Theory [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New Theory

DJ Soup
05-21-2010, 02:41 AM
Verdasco, a top ten player, is playing the week before RG.

How is this rational?

Expose your theories

Mine is: Verdasco plays better when exhausted.
When he is exhausted he chokes much less than when he is fit.
Exhausting all the way Nando!

Pirata.
05-21-2010, 02:55 AM
He wanted to party in Cannes with Paris Hilton, there's your theory.

He will earn no points whether he wins or loses this event, so honestly I am at a loss for why he is playing it in the first place. He's really not the smartest player, but I guess he thinks he knows what he's doing :shrug:

kooties
05-21-2010, 03:13 AM
Madrid loss crushed him confidence wise, wants to win again.

coonster14
05-21-2010, 03:43 AM
he just wants to get more matches under his belt, i have a feeling and really do hope that he could make a good deep run at French Open this year.

The Magician
05-21-2010, 06:49 AM
I wouldn't call it a new theory but it's probably correct. Some players play well only when they're in the spotlight, while others only play well away from it. Some players play better when they're exhausted, some players play well only in front of their home country, some players play well at seemingly random intervals. The human mind is a very complex thing, and the motivation to play well is in my opinion largely subconscious.

Look at Roddick against Cilic this year. Down 2 sets and with a shoulder injury, he somehow started playing the best tennis he's played in years. As soon as he's no longer down in the match he proceeds to play like crap again. I'm sure he didn't say in his head "well that was fun time to play like crap again."

If it works for Verdasco than more power to his coaches who figured out how to make him play well, even if they don't understand why. If not then he's just a moron who's throwing away the FO. Guess we'll see.

ChuckNorrisFan
05-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Verdasco no good

-Valhalla-
05-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Maybe he's getting scheduling advice from Nikolay.

scarecrows
05-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Davydenko has done that all the time

Bobby
05-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Verdasco is very fit and if he has no injuries, why not play. He probably knows this is the time of the year to earn money and make an impact, after FO it's back to grass and hard and he won't reach that many finals. I like it. It's good to see someone playing a lot with good attitude and not only resting before GS.

Persimmon
05-22-2010, 01:04 AM
Maybe he's getting scheduling advice from Nikolay.

:worship: