Andy at Roland Garros [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Andy at Roland Garros

Getta
05-20-2010, 10:05 PM
official site: http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/index.html

let's hope Andy does some good stuff there. :)

tennizen
05-20-2010, 10:10 PM
I have a good feeling about this:rocker2:

scoobs
05-20-2010, 10:12 PM
BAMOS!

Draw tomorrow :)

Getta
05-21-2010, 03:10 AM
we can follow online and live the draw making. it will begin at around 11.30 am at the Roland Garros Tennis museum.

click on the link below:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2010-05-20/201005201274373553976.html

scoobs
05-21-2010, 10:09 AM
GASQUET R1

You've GOT to be joking.

scoobs
05-21-2010, 10:18 AM
R1 Gasquet
R2 Chela/Sweeting
R3 Mathieu / Baghdatis
R4 Berdych / Isner?
QF Tsonga / Youzhny / Robredo / ?
SF Federer (yeah right ) :)

scoobs
05-21-2010, 10:19 AM
R2 aside, not looking so lovely at all :(

scoobs
05-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Ce tirage ne me plaît pas :(

Betty
05-21-2010, 11:40 AM
gasquet:bigcry::scared:

c moooooon Andy:!

Jade Fox
05-21-2010, 11:57 AM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WITH THIS BULLSHIT DRAW??!!

Ugh! :(

Good luck anyway Andy. :hug:

Getta
05-21-2010, 12:19 PM
gosh isn't Getta called the Notorious Jinxer?

Getta
05-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Andy, hope you kick butts at Roland Garros. http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae170/vassokalm/emoticons1/emoticons2/icon_highfive.gif

tennizen
05-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Horrid draw for Andy:mad: The good feeling's slipping, I must say.

MsTree
05-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Pretty harsh draw. :tape: Oh well, I never expect anything much for him on clay, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Andi-M
05-21-2010, 08:51 PM
:lol: Poor Andy!!

If he loses to Gasquet it will be an all-time career low. But if he can reach like QFs it will give him great confidence going into le grasscourt season.

Getta
05-21-2010, 11:40 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8696784.stm

Andy Murray to face Richard Gasquet at French Open

Andy was interviewed after the draw making today. so, i think his voice is really worth listening to. :)

Jade Fox
05-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Richard won the title in Nice. Whatever. :rolleyes: :p

my0118
05-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Hope he can pull through.

Andy_Murray_Fan
05-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Looking through all of the pick 'ems and match forcasts, everyone has put Murray to lose! Is this a joke? Murray will come through it in no more than 4! Why all the Murray hate on these boards?

Yolkina
05-23-2010, 06:58 AM
Looking through all of the pick 'ems and match forcasts, everyone has put Murray to lose! Is this a joke? Murray will come through it in no more than 4! Why all the Murray hate on these boards?
:worship: good post ! Andy will get this match ..... go Andy , love ya buddy !

Yolkina
05-23-2010, 07:04 AM
BTW do we post the pictures of RG here or in the pictures thread ? :rolleyes:

Truc
05-23-2010, 10:21 AM
According to posts on French forums, the karaoke thing is back this year and they showed Andy doing it in a French TV show this morning (I didn't see it myself, I don't get this channel).

Truc
05-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Looking through all of the pick 'ems and match forcasts, everyone has put Murray to lose! Is this a joke?He clearly is the favourite for the bookies atm.

scoobs
05-23-2010, 03:13 PM
OOP is out for tomorrow.

Andy vs Richie is 3rd match on Lenglen.

Turquoise
05-24-2010, 05:23 AM
It's good for Andy to start RG as an underdog. Hope that spurs him on to defy expectations. Forget about what the so-called pundits are saying, just listen to what he believes of himself. Good luck Andy!

Betty
05-24-2010, 01:04 PM
:scared:gettina:hug:start to hold each other:scared:

Getta
05-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Betty, butterfly flapping its wings in my tummy. :unsure: :scared:

Betty
05-24-2010, 01:10 PM
-:scared:
he needs to take sure the first set
gasquet should be a bit tired after all:unsure:

tennizen
05-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Don't worry, people. Andy will win:rocker2:

Betty
05-24-2010, 01:46 PM
andy:inlove:

Betty
05-24-2010, 01:47 PM
nice drop:D

tennizen
05-24-2010, 02:01 PM
I was wrong. Straight sets win for Gasquet:fiery:

enigma
05-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Don't worry, people. Andy will win:rocker2:

:angel::woohoo::hug:

Betty
05-24-2010, 02:12 PM
:fiery:
he is on fire..muzza needs to take his concentration..and find the serve:o

tennizen
05-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Unreal BH's from Gasquet

Andi-M
05-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Im thinking this will be a short thread :(

Kingo
05-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Doesnt look too good

Jade Fox
05-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Im thinking this will be a short thread :(

Gee what ever gave you that idea? :rolleyes: :p

amdany
05-24-2010, 03:50 PM
it doesn't look good at all...:sad:

Andi-M
05-24-2010, 03:58 PM
For what its worth Cmmmmon Andy!!

tennizen
05-24-2010, 04:03 PM
If he can somehow win this set....:unsure:

Andi-M
05-24-2010, 04:22 PM
You can do it Andiiiiiii

amdany
05-24-2010, 04:38 PM
he did it!!!!!!!!

Andi-M
05-24-2010, 04:39 PM
cool.

2 to go.

Jade Fox
05-24-2010, 04:39 PM
He won a set. It's a start.

tennizen
05-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Now another set...:unsure:

Andi-M
05-24-2010, 04:58 PM
cmon

Jade Fox
05-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Andy won the fourth set. I checked the calendar and no, it's not 2008 again. Would love for it to be though. :)

amdany
05-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Andy!!!! :D

Andi-M
05-24-2010, 05:14 PM
cool.

1 to go.

tennizen
05-24-2010, 05:20 PM
And another....:unsure:

Betty
05-24-2010, 05:23 PM
gooo andy
show yr balls:D

JamieOwen3
05-24-2010, 05:29 PM
there seems to be an obvious difference between the crowds at RG and Wimbledon when they played there in 2008 the crowd appreciated every winner from richard RG crowd appreciating Andy's play? :rolleyes:

Betty
05-24-2010, 05:38 PM
c'mooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:rocker:

Andi-M
05-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Awesome stuff from Andy now :D

amdany
05-24-2010, 05:39 PM
there seems to be an obvious difference between the crowds at RG and Wimbledon when they played there in 2008 the crowd appreciated every winner from richard RG crowd appreciating Andy's play? :rolleyes:

I know!!:mad::o

JamieOwen3
05-24-2010, 05:40 PM
it's a shame this match had to be in the 1st round

Betty
05-24-2010, 05:43 PM
true but im sure will help andy' s confidence:D

amdany
05-24-2010, 05:45 PM
:banana: :banana:

tennizen
05-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Well done, Andy although very lucky I would say:D

Getta
heartbreaking stuff.

Jade Fox
Well hot damn, it IS 2008 again!

Yay! :bigclap:

scoobs
05-24-2010, 05:49 PM
I called it Murray in 5 and I figured it'd happen exactly as it did - Gasquet 2 sets up but couldn't muster the strength to finish it off.

Good win but he's a bit lucky Gasquet's not just a little bit fitter or the FFT not a little bit kinder with their scheduling of their players.

JamieOwen3
05-24-2010, 05:49 PM
he's playing his bitch chela in the next round :haha:

Andi-M
05-24-2010, 06:36 PM
he's playing his bitch chela in the next round :haha:

Im not taking anything for granted this season!!! But yes its a better draw than his 1st round for sure!!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
05-24-2010, 06:51 PM
This match is similar to his match against Gasquet in Wimby.When Andy won the third set I know he would come back.

The draw sucks and don't want to see him in a slump again - Never cheered for him that crazily.Almost when he won every point I yelled and pumped my fist...until the last service games! :haha:

JamieOwen3
05-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Im not taking anything for granted this season!!! But yes its a better draw than his 1st round for sure!!

yeah and he has beaten him on clay already a few weeks ago as he did at RG last year,im pretty confident in a 2nd round win.

my0118
05-25-2010, 12:08 AM
I called it Murray in 5 and I figured it'd happen exactly as it did - Gasquet 2 sets up but couldn't muster the strength to finish it off.

I knew it was coming when Murray got the break back in the third set.

Apparently I'm the only one who thinks it's not all about Gasquet's tiredness.

Even though his consecutive play made him exhausted, he would've lost anyway after he's broken in the 3rd coz he couldn't get out of his mind from that. Plus his fitness has always been an issue.

Good result for Andy, I hope he toughes it out till the end.

Turquoise
05-25-2010, 05:19 AM
The Great Escape Part 2 by Andy Murray. I was practically exhausted and elated by the end. Well done Andy!

Getta
05-25-2010, 12:56 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2010-05-24/201005251274779483662.html

(video clip is available for those interested in exploring the details)

Post-event - Andy Murray
Monday, May 24, 2010

Q. Did you feel that if you could just get one set and back into the match that things would start to fall your way?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, well, I don't think I didn't play a great first set, and, you know, I wanted to try and win the first set quite badly. Maybe that was why I put a little bit too much emphasis on winning that set.
I knew that it was going to be tough for him if I went really long. But, I mean, he was playing some great tennis. He was hitting huge balls and taking loads of chances, and the stats would suggest that both of us played a pretty high level, more winners than unforced errors.
Just managed to come back in the end by fighting hard and believing.

Q. When a match gets messy like that where somebody is really affected by illness or something, how important is it to maintain your own focus for that? Because it could get very, very strange, couldn't it, with momentum lost and huge gaps in momentum coming back again?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, it was tough. You know, it's important to try as much as possible not to show how you're feeling. You know, it was a four hour match for me as well, so it was long and tough and mentally pretty draining after, you know, being two sets to love down.
You know, you need to yeah, you just need to try and stay focused on your own game. You know, against someone like him it's tough, because, you know, he was just ripping balls. It's difficult when guys are playing like that. I looked up at one point, and he'd hit like 59 winners and 30 unforced errors.
You know, he's hitting a big ball. You need to chase everything down and fight hard and believe in yourself. That's it.

Q. Is there a danger when you see someone hobbling a bit like that to just let him lose the game rather than you kill him off?

ANDY MURRAY: No, I think I did a good job at that today.
You know, I started making him run a lot, but didn't give too many unforced errors. Started putting a lot more returns in court. When I saw he was struggling, yeah, just kept him moving as much as possible, and you know, had a lot of a lot of the long rallies, as the match went on I started to win more and more of them.
Yeah, I mean, I guess you could do that. You could take your eye off the ball a little bit, but I didn't today.

Q. What niggles did you have during the match, and how do you feel right now?

ANDY MURRAY: My knee is sore. A four hour match probably wasn't the best thing for it when it's been sore the last few days. You know, I just gotta do my best to try and make it better for the next round.
No, I mean, everyone has their problems. Everyone has different issues. It's very hard in an individual sport, especially one like this, you know, to play a four hour matches, five set matches in that heat. I mean, it was pretty it was very hot today.
You know, so you're probably going to be a little bit dehydrated. You just need to sort of try and manage the problems as best you can.

Q. How did you find the experience of playing in front of what was quite a partisan crowd?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, it was good. You know, I thought they were pretty fair. You know, they did get behind him, as you would expect. But, you know, I didn't feel like they were, you know, silent when I was hitting winners or playing good points. You know, they do appreciate good tennis here, which is nice.
You know, but it was really good experience for me, especially when I was quite a long way behind to come back. You know, obviously did it against him a few years ago at Wimbledon, and, you know, the crowd helps; whereas today it was pretty much only yourself that's got to get it back and get back into it.

Q. You talked about obviously managing the knee. Is it different at the moment to the way you've been managing it other parts of the year? Is it causing more pain? Requiring more icing? Is there anything different?

ANDY MURRAY: I mean, yeah, it's sore. My knee hurts. But, you know, just like I say, I just got to try and manage it. It hurts at different parts of the year, you know. I can't do anything about it. It's just something I was born with, and just gonna have to deal with for my whole career.
It's a lot worse than people think. It hurts, you know, a majority of the year, but it's something that I know it's not it's a lot easier mentally than, you know, when other things are sore, because I've had it since I was 16. It's gonna be there my whole life.
It's not like I can do my knee a whole lot of damage. It's just like pretty much tendinitis in the knee. So it's just sore.

Q. After the second set, I think you complained to the umpire about the time Gasquet was taking between points.

ANDY MURRAY: No, I wasn't complaining. I was complaining about every not one service game in the first two sets did I serve when I was ready. Every time we were waiting 30 seconds, a minute, before I could serve. And, you know, it was supposedly people were up and moving around.
I just felt like, you know, it's fine a few times, but, you know, there's always people moving in the crowd at some point. You know, especially I don't know how big that stadium is, but there's always people moving around.
You know, I felt like I should have been able to have served and started the games when I wanted to, because, you know, it's just a bit frustrating. I didn't want only one time did I get to serve when I was ready to in the first two sets.

Q. Did things get better in the end then, from that point of view?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, it kind of changed a little bit, because after the second set he was always serving after the breaks, and then he was serving when he was ready, not the other way around.
So it was, I guess, affecting him more than me.

Q. Can you talk about Chela? Obviously you have had a straight sets win so recently against him. But on this surface, he's dangerous, isn't he?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, he's good. He's a very good player. He's obviously got a lot of experience. Yeah, I just need to make sure I recover well. If I feel good going into the match, then, you know, I'll be confident that I can win.
But, you know, he can't be underestimated with the results he's had, not only here, but on a lot of the clay courts surfaces during his career.

Q. With everything you've said about your knee and the fact that you've had a five setter today, will you prepare any differently tomorrow ahead of the Chela match to keep yourself nice and fit?

ANDY MURRAY: You know, I'm going to practice late tomorrow. I'll practice in the afternoon, so I can sleep late and eat a lot and just rest and recover.
You know, I've dealt with it, like I said, for a long, long time now. So, you know, I just need to make sure I manage it well. But I'm not gonna change I treat it pretty much the same way the whole way the whole time throughout the year.

Q. At 3 2 in the third set, did you not think the match was starting to slip away?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, I mean, it's obviously not the best position to be in. But, you know, it does help when, you know, you've come back against him in the past from a similar situation.
It was just difficult because, you know, I wasn't returning well. That was the one big change in my game, from that point onward, to start making a lot more. It's something I'm gonna need to make sure I do well the remainder of the tournament if I want to go deep.
You know, I lost my serve three, four times today in a five set match, and I hadn't broken serve for two and a half sets, which isn't great. That's what I need to do better.

Q. He made a lot of noise about wanting a Tuesday start, saying he played a Saturday final and thought it was only fair to be given a Tuesday start. Were you consulted at all about what you wanted to do, or do the supervisors, the schedulers, just tell you it's going to be Monday and that's that?

ANDY MURRAY: I like Richard a lot, but I think that's not a valid excuse at all. You know, do they move the finals of the tournaments the week before the Slams to Saturday to make it? You know, if guys have to play on a Monday, then they have to do that.
It's one of the reasons why none of the higher ranked players play the week before, because it's tough coming from one place to the next. You know, you're bound to be tired, but I don't see why I should be punished for having to play two days in a row if we move to Tuesday and we had the same match like we did today, you know, finished by the time I'm actually leaving here it's 10:00, after 10:00.
You have to come back and play the next day just because he did well the week before, you know, I don't think that's ever happened in the past where they've moved someone just because you've done well the week before. So I don't think that that's yeah, I think it's right that we played on Monday.

Q. But you weren't asked?

ANDY MURRAY: No.

Q. You talked about how important the first set was going to be, but I guess your serve percentage was obviously low and climbed, and maybe you say that your returns started badly and then improved. So is it frustrating that maybe you're feeling your way into the matches a little bit at the moment?

ANDY MURRAY: Um, well, that happened here, yeah, first match. But, you know, like I say, I would have liked to have served better, that's for sure.
But in a five set match, if I can lose serve three or four times, you know, normally bet on myself to return. So it's the return game that I would love to serve better, but, you know, it's more the return game that's more important to me.
I mean, you know try and start the next match better. But sometimes guys can play great tennis, and he was playing some pretty good tennis today at the start.

Q. You said going into this that obviously clay physically and mentally is a massive challenge, and you're going to have to run a lot of balls down. You may not want to, but you're gonna have to do it. Coming through something like today, does that just confirm to you that you are equipped to go very deep into this tournament?

ANDY MURRAY: Um, well, I mean, I hope so. But, you know, you obviously you can't play that many five set matches, you know. So I hope in the next round, you know, if I play well I can come through that, you know, a bit quicker, because it's important, if you want to play well here, especially, you know, to conserve some energy.
You know, but that was a good, really good test for me today, and I was happy I managed to come through after being quite a long way back.

tennizen
05-25-2010, 01:32 PM
ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, it was good. You know, I thought they were pretty fair. You know, they did get behind him, as you would expect. But, you know, I didn't feel like they were, you know, silent when I was hitting winners or playing good points. You know, they do appreciate good tennis here, which is nice.
You know, but it was really good experience for me, especially when I was quite a long way behind to come back. You know, obviously did it against him a few years ago at Wimbledon, and, you know, the crowd helps; whereas today it was pretty much only yourself that's got to get it back and get back into it.

:lol::rolleyes:

scoobs
05-25-2010, 04:33 PM
I knew it was coming when Murray got the break back in the third set.

Apparently I'm the only one who thinks it's not all about Gasquet's tiredness.

Even though his consecutive play made him exhausted, he would've lost anyway after he's broken in the 3rd coz he couldn't get out of his mind from that. Plus his fitness has always been an issue.

Good result for Andy, I hope he toughes it out till the end.
I don't think it was all about his tiredness, I mean, this is not unusual for Gasquet to lose 5 set matches, he rarely has the mental or physical stamina to pull himself through these situations - but it was definitely a factor.

Murray ran him pretty close for 2 sets in spite of Gasquet cracking a lot of great winners, and in spite of not serving well, and once cracks started to appear in the Gasquet game, that was it.

Still, 4 hour match, hopefully he's recovering well for Chela tomorrow.

No sign of the OOP yet.

scoobs
05-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Andy 3rd on Court 1 for the match against Chela tomorrow.

MsTree
05-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Just watching the Gasquet match now :D:D:D Allez! :devil:

Getta
05-25-2010, 07:49 PM
a video about Andy on the Roland Garros site:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multimedia/index.html

Multimedia / Roland-Garros TV ---> Inside the French ---> Choose a different day: May 24, 2010 ---> Andy Murray, his French Open story

MsTree
05-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Aaah that was sweet :) Gasquet played amazing tennis in the first 2 sets. Good win Andy :D

scoobs
05-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Rain delays, who knows when Andy will get on - might be later today, might yet be tomorrow at this rate. He's behind Kuznetsova who still has a set to play if not two if she wants to come back and win.

Getta
05-26-2010, 03:57 PM
rain also delays the match of Andy's (?) third-round opponent on court 3. nerve-racking, but truly fair and equitable to all participants.

MsTree
05-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Wonder if he'll try to step it up a bit to get it finished tonight?

MsTree
05-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Now I wonder if this is going to be the longest match in history and will finish on Friday :tape:

MsTree
05-26-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm really good at that commentators curse thing btw :devil:

Andi-M
05-26-2010, 07:05 PM
cmon Andy playing gorgeous tennis today :D

MsTree
05-26-2010, 07:14 PM
There can't be too much light left, 9.15pm in Paris?

tennizen
05-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Really pleased with Andy's play so far other than some ill-considered drop shots.

MsTree
05-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Another string gone!

MsTree
05-26-2010, 07:36 PM
FFS I wish they'd get lights :o

MsTree
05-26-2010, 08:22 PM
They've got a not before time of 12.30 tomorrow, same court. Allez! :D

Betty
05-26-2010, 08:23 PM
pity he lost the last game
anyway gooooo

MsTree
05-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Betty! :hug: I knocked my front tooth out when Milito scored his second :lol: What a fantastic achievement for Inter :dance: Plus I won the work sweep and all my bets at the bookies so I'm considerably richer for having faith in Jose :lol:
I feel for you like I felt for Chelsea when he left them :hug: Although I really miss him on Match of the Day I'm not looking forward to him coming back to England (unless it's back to Chelsea or at a push Arsenal) I don't think he'll be at Real for long!

Getta
05-27-2010, 01:29 AM
finish that workout strong Andy

Betty
05-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Betty! :hug: I knocked my front tooth out when Milito scored his second :lol: What a fantastic achievement for Inter :dance: Plus I won the work sweep and all my bets at the bookies so I'm considerably richer for having faith in Jose :lol:
I feel for you like I felt for Chelsea when he left them :hug: Although I really miss him on Match of the Day I'm not looking forward to him coming back to England (unless it's back to Chelsea or at a push Arsenal) I don't think he'll be at Real for long!

he ll make RM wins league nad CL and then he will back in england
i say MAN U:pk

tennizen
05-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Andy playing passively atm.

scoobs
05-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Come on Andy, I have things to do - win this set and then bagel him.

tennizen
05-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Not looking good:scared:

scoobs
05-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Great. One set all, more rain.

This will be spread over three fucking days now.

What a fucking tournament :rolleyes:

MsTree
05-27-2010, 05:34 PM
They're on! Allez Andy!!!

Betty
05-27-2010, 05:35 PM
c mon andy..focus please!!!!!!!!!!!

tennizen
05-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Andy is so going to lose this:lol::mad:

scoobs
05-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Oh probably.

Or win in 5 and kill himself ready for Baghdatis. :tape:

JamieOwen3
05-27-2010, 06:11 PM
that's the way!!! now serve this set out muzza

scoobs
05-27-2010, 06:11 PM
FINALLY

Maybe on break points you don't stand so close to the linejudges you can smell their deodorant?!?!?!??!

Fuck sake.

tennizen
05-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Seems like Andy decided to wake up.

scoobs
05-27-2010, 06:19 PM
About freaking time

He's been using all of his creativeness in the last 15 minutes or so since he was a break down in this set.

MsTree
05-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Must be hard hanging about for 2 days waiting to play and then not knowing how long you'll be playing for. Since they've lost about 6 hours of playing time, I'm guessing the R3 matches will be put back a day?

JamieOwen3
05-27-2010, 06:26 PM
i missed it all,i decided to check if it was finally on again when he was 4-3 up in the 3rd rain in paris and sunny here u watch wimbledon will come and it'll start shitting the rain.

scoobs
05-27-2010, 06:27 PM
He is CANING that forehand at the moment.

I love it

Betty
05-27-2010, 06:31 PM
just unreal:rolleyes:

JamieOwen3
05-27-2010, 06:51 PM
5-2 great play,im glad i missed the shitty tennis cuz this is good from Andy

scoobs
05-27-2010, 06:53 PM
It is - there's been some superb stuff from him in this set, really muscular tennis - Chela, to his credit, has made a real nuisance of himself.

JamieOwen3
05-27-2010, 06:53 PM
his movement is good on clay atm

tennizen
05-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Well done, Andy

MsTree
05-27-2010, 06:59 PM
That was a beefy last set! Well done Andy :D

Betty
05-27-2010, 07:15 PM
:rocker2:well done
u should not choke one set but ok
next will be harder:scared:

Jade Fox
05-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Good thing he won, I think if there were anymore interruptions he might have exploded. :lol:

Andi-M
05-27-2010, 07:54 PM
:hearts: Andy

Don't mess up Vs Baggy dude!

Getta
05-27-2010, 07:57 PM
so, Andy, now you're ready to kick Marcos' butt. aren't you?

MsTree
05-27-2010, 08:11 PM
He's scheduled fourth on Lenglen tomorrow :eek:

Getta
05-27-2010, 10:29 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/match_reports/2010-05-27/201005271274991955792.html

(also, a video clip is available)

Prayers for rain as Murray marches on

Thursday, May 27, 2010
By Drew Lilley

It was not always pretty, by his own estimation, but Andy Murray recorded his second win this week, defeating Juan Ignacio Chela 6-2, 6-7(5), 6-3, 6-2 in a match which stretched over two days and was twice interrupted by rain on Thursday – to the Scotsman’s satisfaction.

“I've been pretty lucky in my career so far in terms of rain breaks and not finishing matches, so it was a good experience for me, one I could have dealt with maybe a little bit better though,” the No.4 seed said. “I just felt a little bit tense at the start. Then I actually felt fine as soon as I went behind.”

Indeed, his Argentinean opponent hit hard and true in the first set of the day and the second of the match, but could not keep up this incredible rhythm, and Murray proved to be simply too consistent for him over the four sets. Though the Scotsman’s second service lacked rhythm, his first was rattling down at a good pace and won him plenty of points throughout the tie.

“Once we got into some long rallies and spent more time on the court, I felt like I moved really well, especially towards the end of the match. I played better as the match went on.
It was quite tough yesterday, because you need to stay focused the whole time, but you know when you go on there's no chance of you finishing the match. Once you get ahead, it’s a little bit normal to press or rush a little bit. When we stayed on court (today) for 30 minutes, 40 minutes, I started to feel a lot better and relaxed.”

He will face now No.25 seed Marcos Baghdatis in the third round at some point over the coming days – an adversary he respects. “He's tough to play and he's a great shot maker. He moves well, has a big serve… I haven't played him for a long time, but I've seen him play a lot of matches. He's very entertaining to watch and it's going to be tricky.”

With a little luck, the rain will continue to be Murray’s friend and allow him an extra day’s recuperation. He has played nine sets already spread over three days of tennis, and his fragile right knee needs rest, both literally and in the form of some easier matches. Grand Slams however are tests of endurance, and though the world No.4 has upped his training regime in recent years, the next 10 days – and with his home tournament at Wimbledon also just around the corner – will be a supreme test of his endurance.

scoobs
05-27-2010, 10:34 PM
No good praying for rain, sooner or later he would have to play consecutive days.

Getta
05-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Andy in a light-hearted interview for BBC. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8710033.stm

Thursday, 27 May 2010 23:15 UK

Crosswords saved Andy Murray from rain delay boredom

Britain's Andy Murray reveals he found it difficult coping with the rain delays during his second-round match against Juan Ignacio Chela but says he was happy with his performance in the 6-2 6-7 (5-7) 6-3 6-2 victory.

Getta
05-28-2010, 01:01 PM
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae170/vassokalm/emoticons1/icon_nervous.gif

tennizen
05-28-2010, 01:26 PM
:scared::scared:

scoobs
05-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Make him cry Andy

scoobs
05-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Some great hitting from Andy

6-2

tennizen
05-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Nice first set. Keep going Andy.

scoobs
05-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Marcos is pretty poor so far, to be fair.

raahaat7
05-28-2010, 02:06 PM
great stuff!!

scoobs
05-28-2010, 02:19 PM
wasting truckloads of break points in this set.

tennizen
05-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Baggy holds:mad:

scoobs
05-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Baggy coming to life.

Look out below.

scoobs
05-28-2010, 02:29 PM
I think he's getting too passive here.

tennizen
05-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Edit: Not a bp

tennizen
05-28-2010, 02:36 PM
take this game FFS Andy

scoobs
05-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Finally.

Needs to play more points like he played that break point.

scoobs
05-28-2010, 02:54 PM
62 63

Steady as she goes, keeping Baghdatis contained.

tennizen
05-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Come on Andy. Baggy loves the five setters. Don't give him a chance here.

scoobs
05-28-2010, 03:00 PM
oh get a grip andy.

tennizen
05-28-2010, 03:06 PM
What a moron:retard:

scoobs
05-28-2010, 03:07 PM
third set already virtually over.

unreal.

scoobs
05-28-2010, 03:18 PM
well at least that was quick.

Jesus wept.

FedBaggy is in the house now, this ain't going to be an easy fourth set for Andy :unsure:

tennizen
05-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Getting bageled is the exact thing to do, two sets up Andy.

scoobs
05-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Fucking clown.

He wants to get broken here too.

Go 5 sets Andy

That's fun :yeah:

scoobs
05-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Well he's remembered the whole "holding serve" bit so that's a start.

scoobs
05-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Come On!

scoobs
05-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Allez!

62 63 06 62

First win for Andy over the Bagman.

Getta
05-28-2010, 04:04 PM
some pretty smart play, Andy :yeah:

keep it up !

scoobs
05-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Lose the 06 shit though :help:

Jade Fox
05-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Lose the 06 shit though :help:

Yeah getting bageled by Baggy on clay? Never a good thing. :o

Still, he won so yay! :D

Andi-M
05-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Weird but goood performance by Andy.

Can't wait for battle with Berdy.

Betty
05-28-2010, 05:15 PM
another step is done:rocker2:
berdy:scared:

MsTree
05-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Bagelled in the third!!! WTF???

Just started watching it now but I couldn't resist reading in here first to see what happened. Think I'll make my tea when the 3rd set comes on :lol:

Getta
05-28-2010, 06:16 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2010-05-28/201005281275067969060.html

Day 6 - Andy Murray
Friday, May 28, 2010

Q. Could you please explain what happened in the third set, the circumstances?

ANDY MURRAY: I mean, I didn't play a very good set. That was it. That's all that happened. I didn't play well. Made mistakes. He hit the ball well, and that was it.
I played a bad set, but I try and focus on I'll try and focus on the rest of the match, which I thought was very good.

Q. The first two sets you really came out firing. What was the key to that?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, the start of the match actually wasn't particularly great. Both of us had a lot of mistakes, pretty yeah, both of us, I don't know, were a little bit subdued, maybe. It could have been, you know, because of a few late finishes and long days. Like I said, sometimes that happens.
But once I got the break in the first set I started playing some really good tennis for a couple of sets, and finished really well at the end.

Q. Was possibly the third set something that you started to feel it in your legs what had happened the previous few days?

ANDY MURRAY: No. Legs felt fine. I just got off to a bad start and got broken a couple of times. You know, it's not like you're not trying. You know, it's just that there's a good chance that a double break down, you're a couple sets up, that you want to make sure that you're fresh right to the end of the match.
You know, I conserved a little bit of energy at the end. I went for more than normal; made a few more mistakes at the end of the set. And then once I got back in at the beginning of the fourth set, once I got the break back, I started hitting the ball a lot better. He's a difficult guy to play against because he's a great shot maker and very unpredictable. You need to be focused all the time, and I wasn't in the third set.

Q. How pleasing was it to still get off court in two and a half hours when you take into account your first match obviously the second one was over two days. Is it quite pleasing to get off court without too many dramas?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I mean, the shortest match so far. You know, it started clouding over a few times. It was actually Jonathan Overton I don't know if he's here he told me it was meant to rain today. So I thought maybe we're gonna be in for a long day, and it didn't. (laughter.)
So I thought it got a little bit dark. But, yeah, I was glad to get off the court quickly.

Q. What do you make of your match in the fourth round?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, I haven't actually played Berdych for ages. I think I might have only played him once or twice on the tour. I think I played him when I was very young in Basel, yeah. I have no idea of the other time when I played him. Where?

Q. Adelaide.

ANDY MURRAY: Oh, okay, yeah. So, yeah, I have not played him for a long time.
He's had some good results this year in Miami. He played well in Monte Carlo. He had some good ones there. He obviously beat Isner pretty comfortably today, so it's gonna be tough.

Q. You said yesterday that when you went a break down in the third, I think, that's when you kind of really got going and moved ahead. You went down a break again in the fourth. Was it the same story today?

ANDY MURRAY: It was a little bit different. You know, I was playing very well and then lost my way a little bit.
The game where I managed to break back, it was just a matter of sort of hustling, fighting, putting a lot of balls in the court. He made a few mistakes, and the match kind of swung again back in my favor.
It was a little bit different circumstances to yesterday where, you know, when I went behind, started going for my shots a bit more and just, yeah, loosened up; whereas today I had to fight a little bit more to find my rhythm.

Q. You've played three days in a row now. How are you feeling? I know you're looking forward to a break.

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah. I mean, it's tough sometimes. It happens in slams. You just need to deal with it. But, yeah, I'll be fine, I'm sure, for the next match. Yeah, I look forward to the day off. I'll practice for 45 minutes or so and just rest up.

Q. It's the second year you're through to the second week at Roland Garros. Can you compare how you're feeling this year to last year when you got to the quarterfinals?

ANDY MURRAY: I mean, I feel fine just now. It's obviously been I had a couple of long matches; whereas last year I think a only dropped one set to get to the quarters maybe. I spent more time on court.
I feel okay, and sometimes that can be a good thing. You know, from the back of the court and I'm hitting ball a lot cleaner than maybe I was last year.
But, you know, I feel good and ready to fight the next round.

Q. There have been quite a lot of people in the UK perhaps not familiar with Berdych. What are some of the main challenges in tackling him?

ANDY MURRAY: He's big guy with a big serve. He hits the ball hard and flat. He takes a lot of risk. He plays, I mean, low percentage tennis maybe. But that's how he's always played.
He doesn't feel uncomfortable going for his shots, so you don't probably have to run a lot. He's got a big serve, so he's a tough guy to break. So I need to return well, and, you know, that's kind of it. He's got a big game.

Q. Although you've said consistently that you think the French is the Grand Slam where you've got the least chance of winning, are you sort of actually quietly enjoying this championship and the ups and downs of how you've got this far and relishing the prospect of the second week here?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I mean, I enjoy it as a tournament. I always loved to play on clay when I was younger. I've said it many times it's my favorite surface to play on, even though my results haven't been as good.
You know, I feel like I can play well on clay, play very well on clay. It just takes me a bit more time to get used to the surface again. You know, I love the tournament. It's probably the hardest physically to win, you know, because obviously a lot of long rallies, long points, and long matches.
Yeah, I enjoy coming here, and it's very different to me than at the other Slams where, you know, I'm a lot more sure of myself there just because I know how to move well and how to play properly on those courts.

Q. In that sense, although the opposition is challenging, are you challenging yourself almost more on this than any other surface?

ANDY MURRAY: No. I mean, it just is more of a challenge for me because I don't play many tournaments on the surface and hardly played on a clay court until I was 15.
So, you know, it's not something that comes naturally to me. So, you know, I obviously have to work hard on my game. I need to put hours in on the practice court. You know, I still do that on the other courts.
It's just my game style is a little bit more natural on hardcourts and grass and indoors. But I'm playing good. I played really well here last year, and I've had I think three very, very good wins against tough players.

Q. With your Michael Jackson impersonation having been on French TV, what sort of feedback have you had from your mates back home who have seen you on the Internet?

ANDY MURRAY: I actually haven't had any feedback from it at all, no, but I kind of made up my own mind what it was like. I saw the video. They replayed it after I did it, so I know what to expect.

Q. Is it something you'd maybe like to see in England? Obviously this thing happens in France every year where fans are able to see another side of players. Do you think...

ANDY MURRAY: I'd rather they didn't see that side of us, to be honest. (laughter.)
No, I mean, it's fun. Like I said yesterday, I mean, all the players, they're totally normal, cool, nice guys. It's just you know, it can be difficult, because, you know, you only really see us when we're on the court, and, you know, you're answering, you know, questions about the matches all the time.
Yeah, I think those sort of things are good for the sport, you know, good for the players to do. Yeah, if it makes it if the fans enjoy it and they like watching it, then why not?

Betty
05-30-2010, 05:22 PM
already 1 game down
not easy this berdy is very good:(

MsTree
05-30-2010, 05:30 PM
1 set down 4-6. Come on!!!

Betty
05-30-2010, 05:32 PM
he cant play with berdy in this way must change his tactic...and try to break berdy's rhythm

MsTree
05-30-2010, 05:55 PM
This is a bit more encouraging :)

MsTree
05-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Oh the fecking rain :(

amdany
05-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Oh the fecking rain :(

:( yeah and I live in Paris' suburbs and it's not raining here...

MsTree
05-30-2010, 06:19 PM
They're sweeping the water off the covers now so it must've stopped :)

Covers are off :)

Betty
05-30-2010, 06:25 PM
let s hope andy still continue in his good moment:scared:

Betty
05-30-2010, 07:08 PM
the stop didnt help muzza's concentration

and soon will be another one for darkness

Jade Fox
05-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Oh Andy. :smash:

amdany
05-30-2010, 07:35 PM
:sad:

MsTree
05-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Oh well, Berdych was better. And now for grass :)

Betty
05-30-2010, 07:38 PM
but andy could play better too
lose can stay but with honour:o:p

grass :rocker:

Andi-M
05-30-2010, 07:55 PM
:sad:

scoobs
05-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Disappointed but I can't say I'm too surprised.

Get ready for the grass now Andy - if you play aggressively there as you did on the clay at times, you can do very well...

tennizen
05-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Andy:sad: Expected this some what. Still the way he played here bodes well for the rest of the season.

Getta
05-31-2010, 01:30 AM
good luck to Andy in his preparation for a proper grass-court season.

Turquoise
05-31-2010, 04:06 AM
Too bad about the loss to Berdych. I like what I've seen about Andy last week - his mind seems to be in a much better place. Let's get to the green, green grass of home.

raahaat7
05-31-2010, 04:58 AM
Andy u broke 2 many hearts. Gud luk at d wimbledon.

Sapeod
05-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Good luck at Wimbledon champ! Good run in RG anyway, so rest up Andy.

MsTree
05-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Is that the boy from sunny Lewis? :lol: You've been a long time in the wilderness ;)