USA 9 for 10 in matches played in RG Qualies!!:o [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

USA 9 for 10 in matches played in RG Qualies!!:o

Ozone
05-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Yes, it's only qualies, but still a big surprise for us.

18 year-old Ryan Harrison, 31 seed Michael Yani, Jesse Witten, and Alex Bogomolov Jr. have advanced to the final qualifying round!!

25 seed Kevin Kim and Ryler DeHeart will play there 2nd round matches tomorrow.

Lestor Cook, who drew Gaudio first round, is our lone loss.

Witten beat 4 seed Marcos Daniel 76, 46, 17-15 and then came back the next day and won 62 61...so no fat jokes.

Very proud of these guys so far.

n8
05-20-2010, 01:03 AM
I must say that is impressive. Go Ryan!!

Nathaliia
05-20-2010, 01:06 AM
Uncanny. Especially Witten :lol:

good luck

Filo V.
05-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Great job guys, very happy and proud of all the boys. Hopefully they can qualify.

navy75
05-20-2010, 02:51 AM
I had noticed that it seemed like practically every American was winning, but I had no idea it was nine out of ten at this point. If Ryan Harrison qualifies then he will definitely be back to the form that brought him a bunch of hype prior to his injury. I'd love to see Ryler and Kevin qualify as well. Good luck in the final rounds gang!

Johnny Groove
05-20-2010, 02:58 AM
Watch them all lose :o

I hope some of them make it, though.

marquez
05-20-2010, 07:59 AM
very surprising indeed

especially yani considering his opponents

Jimnik
05-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Plus Dent and Ginepri made the main draw cut just in time.

Bring on clay USA.

out_here_grindin
05-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Kim lost but DeHeart moves on

osalsyst
05-21-2010, 04:30 AM
Fucking Kevin Kim. Had mps in two sets I think

Ivo#1Fan
05-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Great going for these two US Challenger Pros! Yani has now made 3 of the last 4 grand slams the hard way, winning 3 rounds of qualifying. Best of luck to him to finally win a main draw match and get his 1st ATP tour level win.

CooCooCachoo
05-21-2010, 07:17 PM
I don't understand how the heck Yani made it through to the MD on clay. He really is a great fighter with a lot of heart, but still, this is very surprising to me.

It has been known for a while that Witten's one of the best US players outside the Top 80 on clay.

Smoke944
05-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Fantastic effort by them both, but Yani in particular.
I just wish Ryan would have won today :toothy:

Ozone
05-21-2010, 09:35 PM
I don't understand how the heck Yani made it through to the MD on clay. He really is a great fighter with a lot of heart, but still, this is very surprising to me.

It has been known for a while that Witten's one of the best US players outside the Top 80 on clay.
I totally agree. Yani just had a HUGE heart, and apparently lives for these qualies as he has qualified for 3 of last 4 majors. Qualified on the grass on Wimbledon last year, not one of his best surfaces. The way he's been playing lately, even on hard, I thought Brzezicki would smoke him. If now, Junqueira would surely beat him. And there is absolutely no way he would win a final qualy round match on clay. But he's a champ. Gotta salute him. Love the guy:worship: Really nice, no whining on court, just down to business. Mike:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Ozone
05-21-2010, 09:40 PM
2-3 on finals day. Eh. Harrison and Deheart could have won but really a great surprise with Bogomolov, Witten, Yani, Harrison, and DeHeart making it this far.:worship:

Jesse Witten will play (25) Baghdatis and Michael Yani will play Lacko. Definitely 2 winnable matches for both of these guys.

marquez
05-21-2010, 09:46 PM
The way he's been playing lately, even on hard, I thought Brzezicki would smoke him. If now, Junqueira would surely beat him.

totally agree, you have to give a lot of credit to yani for beating two experienced argie claycourters

Filo V.
05-21-2010, 10:00 PM
I am too really really surprised Yani qualified, I didn't even give him a chance. But he's spunky, that's the best way to describe him. I like him and I like watching him play. Lacko is a winnable match.

Baggy is a winnable match for Witten also, hopefully all of the American boys do well this RG! Too bad Robby and Sam have to play each other, though.

NyGeL
05-21-2010, 10:35 PM
watch out guys. I think that both Isner and Querrey have a pretty good draw to achieve, at least, 4th round or QF. Even Isner can make it to the SF considering Tsonga have been out of shape lately, same as Robredo and Ferrero.

Both Isner and Querrey reaching Belgrade ATP and Dusseldorf WTC finals isn't a coincidence.