Comparison of 3 Racquets needed.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Comparison of 3 Racquets needed....

tennisbumbishop
09-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Can anyone compare any of the following pairs of racquets?

1) Yonex RDX-500 Midplus to the Yonex MP-1 Tour Midplus.

2) Wilson nCode nSix-One 95 to the Wilson Hyper ProStaff 6.1 95.

3) Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine 98 to the Volkl Tour 10 98.

I used to own (and played with quite a bit) the Yonex MP-1 Tour Midplus. I currently own (and have used often) the Wilson Hyper ProStaff 6.1 95. I have demoed the Volkl Tour 10 98 on two seperate occasions.

FYI: I currently use the Prince Original Graphite Mid. I'm a 4.5 baseliner who uses quite a bit of spin (top and slice) and uses patience, a strong backhand, and hustle to beat opponents.

I'm looking for a racquet that will give me a little more power on my flat serves as well as on groundstrokes (so I don't have to work quite so hard to put the ball away); something that feels solid (like the POG); and a racquet that performs better at net (the POG mid seems a little small once I get up there and it doesn't have enough pop to really make powerful volleys).

Thanks for any comparisons you can give!!!

TBB

Kristen
09-09-2004, 02:18 AM
I guyess this might be kind of useless, but its a really short comparison between the 6.1 and the Ncode, from Jonas Bjorkmans website:

I have changed from Wilson 6.1 to Wilson Ncode, which gives me a little bit more of both speed and control. He used to have the 6.1 and now uses that ncode everyone seems to have at the moment!

Sorry I cant be helpful, I dont play tennis :o My temper is too bad ;)

Éowyn
09-09-2004, 04:11 AM
sorry i don't know i'm a babolat girl myself

Steve-o
09-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Bishop!!!!

You;ve been asking about rackets on the TW board for years now! STICK WITH YOUR POG!!!!

Rex
09-09-2004, 03:40 PM
hey hey shell of myself, im a babolat guy too :)