Leading the revolt against the revolting moderation: Rafachat vol 56 [Archive] - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

Leading the revolt against the revolting moderation: Rafachat vol 56

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21

Metis
05-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Betty are you around? Here's the recipe for the cake:

Cake with chocolate and pistachios

Ingredients for the base:

60g unsalted almonds (skin removed)
70g unsalted pistachios
50g confectioner's sugar
70g white chocolate (melted in bain marie)
50g cream (35%)
10g corn flour
60g egg whites (from 2 eggs approximately)

Ingredients for the chocolate mousse:

400g cooking chocolate (55% cocoa)
400g cream (35%) whipped in mixer until it's thick
200g milk

Preparation of the Biscuit Base:
Put almonds, pistachios, sugar and corn flour in blender and grind until fine; transfer to a bowl and add the cream and the egg whites; mix well, then add the melted white chocolate and mix. Spread the mixture on parchment paper at 1cm thick and bake in preheated oven at 170-180C for 15-20 minutes. Let cool down then cut 2 circles of 18cm diameter. (careful when you move them, they are very soft)

Preparation of the chocolate mousse:
Cut the chocolate in small pieces. Heat the milk; when it starts boiling, pour over the chocolate. Mix very well until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is homogeneous. Add the whipped cream and mix gently.

Putting together the cake:
Place a circular pan without bottom (like the one in the photo below) with a diameter of 20cm on a plate/dish. Put one of the biscuit bases in, then pour half of the chocolate mousse on top of it; then put the 2nd biscuit base in and finally the rest of the mousse on top. Keep in refrigerator for a few hours until it becomes more solid. Remove the metal pan (you can use a hair dryer to heat the walls of the pan so that it slides easily) and decorate the sides and top of the cake with ground pistachios.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5UBBMf7tvjw/R-07q5UHRLI/AAAAAAAAABo/97CHuHJdcfI/s320/clip_image002.jpg

Betty
05-25-2010, 07:20 PM
thank:kiss:
show me yr good ita...traslate in ita:D?

:lol:jk:;)white chocolate:unsure:is it particular sweet? i like sweet but not so much sweet:p

Metis
05-25-2010, 07:23 PM
thank:kiss:
show me yr good ita...traslate in ita:D?

:lol:jk:;)

:scared: :bolt:

:lol:

I'm afraid my Italian is far from good right now. :o I need a lot of practice and a thorough review of vocabulary and grammar. :sad:

l_mac
05-25-2010, 07:25 PM
I am going to have potatoes and gravy for dinner.

Boil potatoes (new potatoes are in season) in water. Wait about 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Drain and mash roughly with a fork.

Heat up frying pan. Wipe frying pan with tiny amount of olive oil. Add potatoes to crisp outside slightly. While pototoes are crisping, boil kettle. Get jar of Bisto gracy granules from cupboard. Place 4 heaped teaspoons of gravy granules into measuring jug. Add boiled water from kettle to granules until the gracy is of desired consistency.

Remove potaoes from frying pan and place on plate, or in bowl. Drown potatoes in delicious gravy.

Eat.

<Eve>
05-25-2010, 07:26 PM
:( Eva's lurking on here :o :angel: I'll have to shut my mouth from now on :lol: :p

okok i wont lurk in here anymore :ras: just continue talking, i dont wanna be the reason you cant talk :ras: :lol:

Metis
05-25-2010, 07:27 PM
The white chocolate is for the base only and only in small quantity.

I don't think this cake is particularly sweet (I don't like desserts that are too sweet either), but what you and I consider too sweet might be different.

l_mac
05-25-2010, 07:27 PM
okok i wont lurk in here anymore :ras: just continue talking, i dont wanna be the reason you cant talk :ras: :lol:

He is secretly thrilled you are checking up on him.

dal
05-25-2010, 07:28 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2010-05-25/201005251274813868490.html he even wore a paris t-shirt to the press conference :rolls:

maybe they think he;s trying too much :scratch: :lol:

Metis
05-25-2010, 07:30 PM
That recipe sounds delicious Linda! :hearts: :drool:

bokehlicious
05-25-2010, 07:32 PM

:angel: :p nah, I didn't say anything wrong/bad :o so you can still keep lurking :D :p

He is secretly thrilled you are checking up on him.

:ras: she must be about the only lurker not checking on you :o :p

l_mac
05-25-2010, 07:34 PM
That recipe sounds delicious Linda! :hearts: :drool:

:sport:

My mum and gran are both really good cooks, but they didn't really teach me to cook. Of course I had absoluely no interest in cooking when I was a teenager. My dream meal was frozen pizza - we weren't allowed convenience foods, I was so jealous of my friends oven chip/pot noodle dinners :bigcry:

<Eve>
05-25-2010, 07:34 PM
i dont really lurk anyway, i just check ur last posts to see if youre on the forum.. and then i see my name and cant restrain myself from checking :ras:

l_mac
05-25-2010, 07:36 PM
:ras: she must be about the only lurker not checking on you :o :p

Yeah well, noone will be getting much out of me these days. I am all about self censorship.

-Evita-
05-25-2010, 07:39 PM
I like Linda's recipes more than anyone else's :lol: :o

Corey Feldman
05-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Not everybody has such dignity, only superior human-beens :bowdown: :bowdown:Betty is a human bean :o

For Mike:D

http://i.imgur.com/A1Vu3.jpgKung Fu Panda ;)

Corey Feldman
05-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Hello Eve :wavey:

Betty
05-25-2010, 07:53 PM
ciao Eva:wavey: i need that coffe now;)

Corey Feldman
05-25-2010, 07:55 PM
i had a mini pizza for dinner

-took from box
-threw into microwave
-heated for 2.45
-burnt fingers when taking it out
-put bib on
-eat it.

l_mac
05-25-2010, 07:56 PM

-took from box
-threw into microwave
-heated for 2.45
-put bib on
-eat it.

:drool:

That's not much for a growing lad though.

Betty
05-25-2010, 07:57 PM
u need 10 mini pizza for feel full;:o

acionescu
05-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Ate two big mugs of water :)

Trying to lose weight :sobbing: :o

Merton
05-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Metis, that looks great :D. I don't like too sweet desserts either, they... overwhelm me.

Linda, my recipy today was much better than yours: Put salmon sandwitch on a plate. Eat salmon sandwitch. Take strawberries from the refrigerator. Eat strawberries. The end.

:wavey: Eve :hatoff:

Betty
05-25-2010, 08:06 PM

this is too much ,be careful:hug:eat soemthing,noto nly water..i dont know..maybe..fruits:awww:

bokehlicious
05-25-2010, 08:07 PM

That sounds yummy :drool:

<Eve>
05-25-2010, 08:07 PM
hi corey :hatoff:

http://chicpartyplans.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/irish-coffee_s600x600.jpg here you go ;)

*hi merton
*well as im obviously reading in here I can at least say hi to all in here ;) :wavey:

l_mac
05-25-2010, 08:11 PM

Add some lemon to that water :drool:

Have you ever tried that maple syrup diet?

Linda, my recipy today was much better than yours: Put salmon sandwitch on a plate. Eat salmon sandwitch. Take strawberries from the refrigerator. Eat strawberries. The end.

Yuck. Salmon is foul.

OMG what a cutie :hearts:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=211612&d=1274818137

So adorable OMG :sobbing:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=211613&d=1274818137

LOL LOL LOL

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=211614&d=1274818137

Corey Feldman
05-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi Linda

what a lucky one for Muzza yesterday, he'll still lose to Baggy in 3rd round, playing horrible pushy tennis.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1039/pumpkino.jpg:lol:

:hug: I forgot to say what a good mommy you are making Franny eat his chicken and broccoli.first you confuse Andreea's son with Bet's

and then "Franny"

:eek:

Mike should invite Sveta over here. She's tweeting (http://twitter.com/SvetlanaK27) like crazy about the match. :lol:she must be a Murray fangirl

acionescu
05-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Add some lemon to that water :drool:

Can't, I have ulcer :p

No, how is it? :unsure:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=211612&d=1274818137

Towel threads on his beard :lol:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=211613&d=1274818137

Is that a ball or is he happy to see the French crowds? :scratch:

Corey Feldman
05-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Adam's a grunter :lol:

star
05-25-2010, 08:24 PM

My mum and gran are both really good cooks, but they didn't really teach me to cook. Of course I had absoluely no interest in cooking when I was a teenager. My dream meal was frozen pizza - we weren't allowed convenience foods, I was so jealous of my friends oven chip/pot noodle dinners :bigcry:

:lol: My brother and I always begged for "town bread" because we thought it was soooo exotic and soft and gooey. :lol: Now, I hate it. But I did like to cook. I was always cooking even when I had to stand on a chair to reach the counter to stir the dough.

The white chocolate is for the base only and only in small quantity.

I don't think this cake is particularly sweet (I don't like desserts that are too sweet either), but what you and I consider too sweet might be different.

Baklava. That's what is too sweet. It makes my teeth hurt. I can eat only one bite and then lots of coffee (black, no sugar) to chase it.

Boil potatoes (new potatoes are in season) in water. Wait about 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Drain and mash roughly with a fork.

Heat up frying pan. Wipe frying pan with tiny amount of olive oil. Add potatoes to crisp outside slightly. While pototoes are crisping, boil kettle. Get jar of Bisto gracy granules from cupboard. Place 4 heaped teaspoons of gravy granules into measuring jug. Add boiled water from kettle to granules until the gracy is of desired consistency.

Remove potaoes from frying pan and place on plate, or in bowl. Drown potatoes in delicious gravy.

Eat.

I just looked up bisto granules and I can get them from Amazon. What flavor do you recommend?

I prefer just cut up whole new potatoes though. I love them with their little jackets on.

:wavey:

:wavey: Even though you only named the men in your post. :ras:

Betty
05-25-2010, 08:27 PM
thk eva:drool:

i want chocolate:bigcry:.i m official in diet too for the bikini moment:o :scareD:
today i also use my step machine:eek: u would not believe it but i did it:D...for 5 min

<Eve>
05-25-2010, 08:30 PM
:wavey: Even though you only named the men in your post. :ras:
nooo :o i was saying hi back to who said hi ;) and then thought ill say hi to all, so girls included :yeah: ;)

Castafiore
05-25-2010, 08:34 PM

-took from box
-threw into microwave
-heated for 2.45
-put bib on
-eat it.
:rolls:

this tops all the "recepy" posts.

bokehlicious
05-25-2010, 08:36 PM
thk eva:drool:

i want chocolate:bigcry:.i m official in diet too for the bikini moment:o :scareD:
today i also use my step machine:eek: u would not believe it but i did it:D...for 5 min

Bikini moment :aplot: :hearts: :D

Metis
05-25-2010, 08:39 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2010-05-25/201005251274813868490.html he even wore a paris t-shirt to the press conference :rolls:

maybe they think he;s trying too much :scratch: :lol:

:lol: Did he play that badly? :unsure:

You just have to give it a try by yourself and ask them for advice. I was never really taught either. I didn't cook at all before I went to the US (apart from boiling pasta and frying eggs :lol:). Once I was on my own I had to learn; I couldn't eat out all the time and I hated frozen/packaged meals. I got some of my mother's recipes and started with the easy stuff. I would always call her for advice and explanation of the details; once I woke my parents up at 3 in the morning for a cooking emergency. :rolls:

My passion for making desserts is fairly recent though, I started only a few months ago. :D

-took from box
-threw into microwave
-heated for 2.45
-put bib on
-eat it.

:worship: :lol:

Metis, that looks great :D. I don't like too sweet desserts either, they... overwhelm me.

and it also depends on the amount of fat and other ingredients they contain; if they are too sweet and have too much butter or cream then I can't enjoy them no matter how much coffee I accompany them with :lol:

Though there are exceptions of course, like baklava. :drool:

:yeah:

Wait, your recipe is missing a step: 'Wash strawberries.' :armed:

Metis
05-25-2010, 08:40 PM

:hug:

Be strong Andreea :rocker2: and eat something light to trick your stomach. :devil:

*well as im obviously reading in here I can at least say hi to all in here ;) :wavey:

Hi Eve :wavey: Welcome!

OMG what a cutie :hearts:

So adorable OMG :sobbing:

LOL LOL LOL

Rafito :inlove:

star
05-25-2010, 08:41 PM
first you confuse Andreea's son with Bet's

and then "Franny"

Leave me alone you monster. :mad:

nooo :o i was saying hi back to who said hi ;) and then thought ill say hi to all, so girls included :yeah: ;)

:lol: :hug: :hug: I couldn't resist the tease. :)

star
05-25-2010, 08:48 PM
My passion for making desserts is fairly recent though, I started only a few months ago. :D

and it also depends on the amount of fat and other ingredients they contain; if they are too sweet and have too much butter or cream then I can't enjoy them no matter how much coffee I accompany them with :lol:

Though there are exceptions of course, like baklava. :drool:

I love baking much more than other kinds of cooking. Pastry is my favorite -- I think because it isn't sweet. Baklava -- it's very good, but very very sweet.

Wait, your recipe is missing a step: 'Wash strawberries.' :armed:

:o :o I hardly ever do. :(

<Eve>
05-25-2010, 08:48 PM
thanks metis :)
well star, i took the bite very easily, i always do :p :lol:

star
05-25-2010, 08:50 PM
thanks metis :)
well star, i took the bite very easily, i always do :p :lol:

:hug: Ok. Hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

dal
05-25-2010, 08:52 PM
well i'll put it this way...i almost fell asleep a few times :tape:... the only thing keeping me up was shouting at the tv after missing an easy Fh in the net... that i could totally play :o

Castafiore
05-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Greece through to the Eurosong final.
I didn't hear the song, though, I'm just looking at the score...wait, I heard the song from Latvia...the girl couldn't sing, perhaps too nervous.

Miracles do happen: Belgium goes through as well :speakles: and this for the very first time since the semi-final system was introduced

Edit: I just a fragment of the Greek song :rolls:

tennizen
05-25-2010, 08:56 PM

There is a certain appeal to frozen dinners, I agree:lol:

Kung Fu Panda ;)

-took from box
-threw into microwave
-heated for 2.45
-put bib on
-eat it.

:rolls::hug:

You just have to give it a try by yourself and ask them for advice. I was never really taught either. I didn't cook at all before I went to the US (apart from boiling pasta and frying eggs :lol:). Once I was on my own I had to learn; I couldn't eat out all the time and I hated frozen/packaged meals. I got some of my mother's recipes and started with the easy stuff. I would always call her for advice and explanation of the details; once I woke my parents up at 3 in the morning for a cooking emergency. :rolls:

Same here.

I don't have a sweet tooth at all. Not much craving for desserts. But I make up for it by loving fried stuff:sobbing:

bokehlicious
05-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Hilde, I'm not glad you don't welcome Eva in Dutch :(

acionescu
05-25-2010, 08:59 PM
and Romania, Ild? :p

star
05-25-2010, 09:00 PM
I didn't hear the song, though, I'm just looking at the score...wait, I heard the song from Latvia...the girl couldn't sing, perhaps too nervous.

Miracles do happen: Belgium goes through as well :speakles: and this for the very first time since the semi-final system was introduced

:speakles:

And Scoobs hasn't mentioned anything about the flags at his house. :sad:

Corey Feldman
05-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Leave me alone you monster. :mad:
:kiss:

and Romania, Ild? :p:D

Castafiore
05-25-2010, 09:04 PM
and Romania, Ild? :p
Er...didn't notice Romania.
I'm only looking at the end of that thing when they announce the finalists. Were they even in this SF?

Hilde, I'm not glad you don't welcome Eva in Dutch
:shrug: I figure that the only reason she came here is to continue her flirting session with you but I'll behave and say hi:

Dag Eva. :wavey:

Scoobs hasn't mentioned anything about the flags at his house
The UK doesn't have to go through the SF procedure (they get a place directly in the final because they're one of the main sponsors of the entire event, at least, I think that's the reason) so he most probably can not be bothered by the SF shows.

l_mac
05-25-2010, 09:07 PM
scoobs doesn't really post here anymore, star. No doubt he is as excited as ever about Eurovision.

I feel about 60 years old today :awww:

<Eve>
05-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Goedenavond Hilde :wavey: nono coffeeshop is for flirting ;)
But dont worry I wont bother JM in here, he can have his private place :lol:

Bibberz
05-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Querrey's presser is a shocker. Disgusting attitude from a professional sportsman.

It was fucking pathetic.

I admire the honesty.

His attitude is bizarre though.

The honesty might be the worst part. I'm sure a lot of players tank matches and a lot of them think about going home as they're tanking. That's bad enough. Don't be honest about it in your post-match interview, especially if you're going to sound more like Eeyore than Marat Safin.

He displayed the attitude of a 6yo whose dad just forced him to practice too much. He needs to grow up. He didn't enjoy himself? What the fuck is that?

Corey Feldman
05-25-2010, 09:13 PM
gorgeous

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/361721/Screen_shot_2010-05-20_at_3.00.05_PM_medium.png

l_mac
05-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Like a ginger Santa Claus :drool:

l_mac
05-25-2010, 09:16 PM
It was fucking pathetic.

The honesty might be the worst part. I'm sure a lot of players tank matches and a lot of them think about going home as they're tanking. That's bad enough. Don't be honest about it in your post-match interview, especially if you're going to sound more like Eeyore than Marat Safin.

He displayed the attitude of a 6yo whose dad just forced him to practice too much. He needs to grow up. He didn't enjoy himself? What the fuck is that?

:)

star
Dag Eva. :wavey:

The UK doesn't have to go through the SF procedure (they get a place directly in the final because they're one of the main sponsors of the entire event, at least, I think that's the reason) so he most probably can not be bothered by the SF shows.

But Scoobs said his guy hangs flags all over the house for the whole thing -- beginning sometime in May.

scoobs doesn't really post here anymore, star. No doubt he is as excited as ever about Eurovision.

I feel about 60 years old today :awww:

So as old as me, huh? or nearly so anyway. :) :) Thanks for the photos. I grabbed one right away.

Goedenavond Hilde :wavey: nono coffeeshop is for flirting ;)
But dont worry I wont bother JM in here, he can have his private place :lol:

This makes it sound as if Rafachat is JM's water closet. :unsure:

Getta
judging from the thread title, Hema kicked me out into the street. :sad:

hi, Eva :wavey:

:o

Metis
05-25-2010, 09:17 PM

the dreaded bikini moment :scared:

I love baking much more than other kinds of cooking. Pastry is my favorite -- I think because it isn't sweet. Baklava -- it's very good, but very very sweet.

true, I can only eat a relatively small piece and always with coffee.

:o I hardly ever do. :(

:eek:

I guess I'm a bit paranoid about washing fruit; there is usually a bit of dirt/dust on them. Besides you never know what chemicals they have been sprayed with. :unsure:

well i'll put it this way...i almost fell asleep a few times :tape:... the only thing keeping me up was shouting at the tv after missing an easy Fh in the net... that i could totally play :o

Oh well, 1st round of a slam (and especially after last year's shocking loss :( ) can be tough on the nerves.

OPA!!! :dance:

I had forgotten it was tonight. I'm guessing it's party time chez scoobs. :D

Same here.

I don't have a sweet tooth at all. Not much craving for desserts. But I make up for it by loving fried stuff:sobbing:

I on the other hand cannot do without dessert after lunch. :( I tend to avoid fried food though, except for fish.

acionescu
05-25-2010, 09:17 PM
:cuckoo:

star
05-25-2010, 09:18 PM
It was fucking pathetic.

Sammy's gonna get a talking to.

l_mac
05-25-2010, 09:19 PM
star, who is your favourite player ever? Your FOAT?

Getta
05-25-2010, 09:19 PM
:cuckoo:

is that for me?

if so, then :woohoo:

Castafiore
05-25-2010, 09:21 PM
But Scoobs said his guy hangs flags all over the house for the whole thing -- beginning sometime in May.
He's just gearing up for the final, I bet. The BBC doesn't even show the semi-finals.

l_mac
05-25-2010, 09:22 PM
He's just gearing up for the final, I bet. The BBC doesn't even show the semi-finals.

They did last year on BBC3. I have no idea if they did this year.

edit: they did.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eurovision/

dal
i don't want to get sucked into the food subject :o coz i'll never stop talking about it:tape:

so i'll go to sleep instead :wavey:

l_mac
Thank fuck.

Corey Feldman
05-25-2010, 09:23 PM
i don't want to get sucked into the food subject :o coz i'll never stop talking about it:tape:

so i'll go to sleep instead :wavey:get out of here

Castafiore
05-25-2010, 09:26 PM
They did last year on BBC3. I have no idea if they did this year.

edit: they did.
Ah, right.

Our main tv offering includes BBC 1 & 2 and they show the final on 1. I tend to forget that I have 3 & 4 on digital tv.

acionescu
05-25-2010, 09:26 PM
is that for me?

if so, then :woohoo:

It's for the Scottish loonatics droling over the beer belly and ginger beard :o

Corey Feldman
05-25-2010, 09:27 PM
It's for the Scottish loonatics droling over the beer belly and ginger beard :oIf he was Spanish you'd love him

Hi Getta :)

<Eve>
05-25-2010, 09:27 PM
This makes it sound as if Rafachat is JM's water closet. :unsure:

or private beach

star
05-25-2010, 09:28 PM
star, who is your favourite player ever? Your FOAT?

See? That's hard. Bjorn Borg was my first love, so I have to say him. I respected and admired Arthur Ashe so much too -- but more as a person than just a tennis player.

Stefan Edberg, Guga, Patrick Rafter. Those too. And the little twisted Coria. but not so much as the other three.

I shudder to think how Bjorn Borg might have been treated had MTF been around then.

Minn
05-25-2010, 09:29 PM
she's 17 she can lose the chubby stomach... don't know if she can get a good sense of fashion though

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GWJatwb-WlI/ScuE4m7Y52I/AAAAAAAAJHo/PZ8hqUK_uGo/s400/miamiparty_pavlyuchenkova.jpg

Those are some powerful thighs :eek: :scared: Especially when encased in snakeskin. Eeww.

Eva is learning you how to curse in Dutch, I see.

The Dutch tend to like to use diseases when cursing: krijg de kolere ((I hope you) get cholera), de tyfus (typhoid), kanker (cancer), kankerlijer,...(cancer sufferer)

Flemings tend to refer to excrement a bit more + they refer to genetalia: merde (blame the French :angel: ), krijg het schijt (quite similar), klote (bollocks), het gaat naar de kloten (it's fucked up),...

More and more, we're adopting English words, though: shit, fuck,... They wish terrible illnesses on each other? :lol: I think the only kind of equivalent thing in English is "Eat shit and die."

It's ok. We all know his job is to rule the universe from a secret underground lair. :) :lol:

Just came across this :D:

http://nwolibrary.com/news/health/383-males

There's a lot more in the article. :lol:

SIMPLE WHITE SHOOOOOORTS :rocker2:

Cosy Café... I think they don't like straight people there :unsure: :zzz: they keep ignoring (when not insulting) people that only have in common to be...... straight :o :tape: You can just stay with us, JM. :hug: We'll ignore you and insult you whether you're gay or straight. ;) :hug:

Edit: Nice point, Mina:eek: Every time you guys posted something about Mina, for a second I thought you were posting something about me. :o

I am not sure if this story amuses me for the content, or terrifies me for the potential:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100525/ap_on_hi_te/us_med_alcohol_bracelet I see your point, but I think the idea is overall good.

Castafiore
05-25-2010, 09:30 PM
From that list, star, I only liked Rafter. :o

I do like Coria but not enough to include him in a FOAT list.

star
05-25-2010, 09:30 PM
or private beach

That's better. :)

Minn
05-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi everyone Jolan :hug:

Where is the drama.

I read the last page of a couple of chat threads and it was all shit. Excalidramaqueen on Nathii's thread, semi-literate teens on the Castle and :zzz: on Cozy Castle. Decent analysis, I'd say.

Ernie out of Queens, possibly out of Wimbledon :sad: :sad:

Querrey's presser is a shocker. Disgusting attitude from a professional sportsman. Thanks for posting it. He sounds like he's maybe going through some burnout or maybe needs to work with a sports psychologist.

Betty are you around? Here's the recipe for the cake: Sounds good, Metis. I copied and pasted that recipe. Thanks.

I didn't copy and paste Linda's, Mike's or Merton's recipes though. :p

*well as im obviously reading in here I can at least say hi to all in here ;) :wavey: Hi, Eva.

Seriously? There's a maple syrup diet? Maple syrup has a fair amount of calories.

You just have to give it a try by yourself and ask them for advice. I was never really taught either. I didn't cook at all before I went to the US (apart from boiling pasta and frying eggs. Once I was on my own I had to learn; I couldn't eat out all the time and I hated frozen/packaged meals. I got some of my mother's recipes and started with the easy stuff. I would always call her for advice and explanation of the details; once I woke my parents up at 3 in the morning for a cooking emergency. :rolls: :lol:

I love baking much more than other kinds of cooking. Me too. I like cooking but much prefer baking. I don't like cleaning up afterwards though.

Getta
05-25-2010, 09:33 PM
If he was Spanish you'd love him

Hi Getta :)

Mikey http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae170/vassokalm/emoticons1/emoticons2/smooch.gif

-Evita-
05-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Nice to see you changed your signature, Mikey :yeah:

Oops, I wanted to watch it tonight but forgot :o Perhaps it's just as well. I quite liked our song on the radio :awww:

Every time you guys posted something about Mina, for a second I thought you were posting something about me. :o

That's how I feel every time someone quotes Eva or writes her name :lol: :(

Bibberz
05-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Fluffy was on The Simpsons the other night:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8215/simpsonsfluffy.jpg

star
05-25-2010, 09:39 PM
J
Me too. I like cooking but much prefer baking. I don't like cleaning up afterwards though.

I know! And I love love recipes that make you have lots of steps with lots of pots and bowls, but washing up. :unsure:

My grandmother spoiled me terribly by washing up after all my cooking projects little by little as I dirtied the dishes. Lemon meringue pie really takes a lot of stuff! So, I grew up thinking cooking was great fun and it wasn't till I was on my own that I realized all the washing up required. :lol: And I didn't have a dishwasher either. :(

I was thinking all this cooking talk was making me really hungry in the middle of the afternoon, and then suddenly I remembered I hadn't eaten lunch!

star
05-25-2010, 09:41 PM
From that list, star, I only liked Rafter. :o

I do like Coria but not enough to include him in a FOAT list.

No Borg or Ashe???? :bigcry:

No Edberg. :tears:

Well, I liked him quite a bit.

Of course, all of this is other than Rafa. I'd say Rafa comes somewhere after Edberg. :)

Who is your foat?

<Eve>
05-25-2010, 09:42 PM
minn, getta hi!

That's how I feel every time someone quotes Eva or writes her name :lol: :(
:awww: i know, i have the same with yours :)

l_mac
05-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Of course, all of this is other than Rafa. I'd say Rafa comes somewhere after Edberg. :)

Who is your foat?

I'll answer even though you were speaking to Hilde :D My FOAT is Rafa, but that is because I am very much "of the moment".

Getta
05-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Who is your foat?

Björn Borg

Minn
05-25-2010, 09:51 PM
It was fucking pathetic.

He displayed the attitude of a 6yo whose dad just forced him to practice too much. He needs to grow up. He didn't enjoy himself? What the fuck is that? :lol: Well said.

This makes it sound as if Rafachat is JM's water closet. :unsure: :lol: Are all of us in the bathroom together?

I guess I'm a bit paranoid about washing fruit; there is usually a bit of dirt/dust on them. Besides you never know what chemicals they have been sprayed with. :unsure: Exactly. Me too.

Sammy's gonna get a talking to. If only BD had applied for that assistant's job (or whatever it was).

That's how I feel every time someone quotes Eva or writes her name :lol: :( :lol:

I know! And I love love recipes that make you have lots of steps with lots of pots and bowls, but washing up. :unsure:

My grandmother spoiled me terribly by washing up after all my cooking projects little by little as I dirtied the dishes. Lemon meringue pie really takes a lot of stuff! So, I grew up thinking cooking was great fun and it wasn't till I was on my own that I realized all the washing up required. :lol: And I didn't have a dishwasher either. :(

I was thinking all this cooking talk was making me really hungry in the middle of the afternoon, and then suddenly I remembered I hadn't eaten lunch! I cannot live without a dishwasher. The first year I lived in my house I didn't have one. That was the first time ever in my life I had to wash dishes (besides the odd thing that can't go in the dishwasher).

-Evita-
05-25-2010, 09:51 PM
I think if you ask me 10 years from now about my favourite player ever I'll say it's Rafa :)

l_mac
05-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Seriously? There's a maple syrup diet? Maple syrup has a fair amount of calories.

It sounds great:

For one day’s worth of serving:

* 12 tablespoons Organic Grade B Maple Syrup (or 2 tbsp. per glass)
* 12 tablespoons freshly squeezed organic lemon juice (or 2 tbsp. per glass)
* a little over half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper (or 1/10 tsp. per glass) or to taste
* 60 oz of pure filtered water per day (spread over 6 10 oz glasses)

Combine the juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a 10 ounce glass and fill with medium hot water. (Cold water may be used if preferred.) Sip until gone, repeat throughout the day.

And that's all you have. For a minimum of 10 days.

-Evita-
I hope someone good volunteers to manage that damn TT Wimbledon :mad: I don't want to do it.

star
Björn Borg

:) :) :)

I'll answer even though you were speaking to Hilde :D My FOAT is Rafa, but that is because I am very much "of the moment".

Well, Rafa is certainly a front runner. It's just that I feel loyal to these old loves. Arthur Ashe was such a fine person. He'll always be a hero to me. Edberg gave me so many thrills and heartbreaks too. I think Rafa is right up there with these people as a person -- well not perhaps with Arthur Ashe because he was special in that way. It's the sweetie factor I value in a player as much as the playing.

I think if you ask me 10 years from now about my favourite player ever I'll say it's Rafa :)

:) :) :) :) That's a good foat to have.

scoobs
05-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Not a lover of Latvia's entry this year, nor Estonia. Russia's stank, as did Serbia's.

Belgium's is good, it should do well this year.

Iceland and Albania also pretty good with some up-tempo catchy songs.

star
05-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Not a lover of Latvia's entry this year, nor Estonia. Russia's stank, as did Serbia's.

Flags? Do you have flags up?

star
05-25-2010, 10:07 PM
I hope someone good volunteers to manage that damn TT Wimbledon :mad: I don't want to do it.

I will do it. :lol:

adee-gee
05-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Everywhere I go I'm seeing Eurovision updates from Scoobs :rolleyes: :zzz:

In other news, I'm becoming a bit of a doubles specialist :worship: I like only having to serve once every 4 games and placing the serve rather than going for power, it's much better for my shoulder.

scoobs
05-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Flags? Do you have flags up?
Flags of 17 nations are up.

They will be replaced by 17 different ones on Thursday and then the final 25 on Saturday.

So glad it's not me that does this :o

l_mac
05-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Everywhere I go I'm seeing Eurovision updates from Scoobs :rolleyes: :zzz:

:lol: Where do you go Adam?

In other news, I'm becoming a bit of a doubles specialist :worship: I like only having to serve once every 4 games and placing the serve rather than going for power, it's much better for my shoulder.

Do you play with girls or boys?

scoobs
05-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Everywhere clearly is "facebook" and "this thread"

Small horizons, my friend...

Snoo Foo
05-25-2010, 10:17 PM
did anybody say anything interesting today?

goddammit all to hell, pico & pablin gone, schwankeleh gone, out of suicide, out of tt singles, rg is fucking over for me. and now zeballin has wrecked himself and won't be able to gam raffles as planned.

:confused::sad: vamos ferru :sad::confused:

:fiery: also today my doubles partner was a complete and total fucking dick and i'm still in a rage over it and i never want to play with that fucking gye again :fiery:

i really wanted to lose on purpose just cuz i was so fucking RAGING MAD. but i didn't. but goddammit.

adee-gee
05-25-2010, 10:18 PM
:lol: Where do you go Adam?

Do you play with girls or boys?
Facebook, and then here :( I'm almost surprised I didn't have an email from him as well telling me that Albania and Belgium were great :silly:

I play with boys. No dirty jokes please :unsure: I played mixed doubles for my club once and got so bored I just hit to the guy all the time to get some decent rallies going. I only agreed to play in the hope that some of the chicks on the opposing team might be hot (we do a dinner afterwards), but even that was an epic fail.

Snoo Foo
05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
oh and carla gone, and tsveta gone... :banghead: :bigcry: :mad: :fiery: :confused: :dance: :wavey:

scoobs
05-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Facebook, and then here :( I'm almost surprised I didn't have an email from him as well telling me that Albania and Belgium were great :silly:

I play with boys. No dirty jokes please :unsure: I played mixed doubles for my club once and got so bored I just hit to the guy all the time to get some decent rallies going. I only agreed to play in the hope that some of the chicks on the opposing team might be hot (we do a dinner afterwards), but even that was an epic fail.
I could text that to you if you like :ras:

adee-gee
05-25-2010, 10:21 PM
I could text that to you if you like :ras:
Do you have my number? :scared:

When is the actual "contest"? Could you send me real time updates? Live commentary? :D

scoobs
05-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Do you have my number? :scared:

When is the actual "contest"? Could you send me real time updates? Live commentary? :D
No I don't have your number :)

The final is on Saturday. Real time updates are always possible.

adee-gee
05-25-2010, 10:23 PM
No I don't have your number :)

The final is on Saturday. Real time updates are always possible.
You might be lucky and get it if we're meeting up at Wimbledon :(

Oh the excitement. I can hardly wait :yippee: who is singing for the mighty GB this year?

scoobs
05-25-2010, 10:24 PM
You might be lucky and get it if we're meeting up at Wimbledon :(

Oh the excitement. I can hardly wait :yippee: who is singing for the mighty GB this year?
Some nobody with a crap song. We'll do rubbish, as usual.

I may get your number? Oh joy and rapture :speakles:

adee-gee
05-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Some nobody with a crap song. We'll do rubbish, as usual.

I may get your number? Oh joy and rapture :speakles:
Let's be honest, even if it was good no-one likes us enough to give us a lot of points. I blame the English. If it was Scotland, we'd get plenty of pity points.

Yes, maybe. No flirting though. Only Claire is allowed to do that.

scoobs
05-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Let's be honest, even if it was good no-one likes us enough to give us a lot of points. I blame the English. If it was Scotland, we'd get plenty of pity points.

Well we did ask Lulu to do it as a mission of mercy but she refused :(

Why would I flirt with you? I tend not to flirt with straight guys, I find it almost as uncomfortable as they do.

adee-gee
05-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Well we did ask Lulu to do it as a mission of mercy but she refused :(

Why would I flirt with you? I tend not to flirt with straight guys, I find it almost as uncomfortable as they do.
Seriously? :lol: It's a sad state of affairs when even Lulu is above a contest.

Splendid, then we're all happy. All my WTA mugs will be out of Wimbly by the time JM gets here, I can't even drag him to those :(

Snoo Foo
05-25-2010, 10:38 PM
i've never washed one piece of fruit in my entire life, ever.

Bibberz
05-25-2010, 10:40 PM

Bitch, please. You've probably flirted more with Scoobs than with most of your MTF wives. :lol:

JM will be the third wheel. :awww:

Snoo Foo
05-25-2010, 10:47 PM
doh

edit: don't want to eat a ban! :scared:

adee-gee
05-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Bitch, please. You've probably flirted more with Scoobs than with most of your MTF wives. :lol:

JM will be the third wheel. :awww:
Pipe down you :lol:

How's your love life Bibby? :p

wildegirl05
05-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Pipe down you :lol:

How's your love life Bibby? :p

bd is currently the love of my life :inlove:

hey guys :wavey:

everyone who's a believer say a prayer for me :scared: :unsure:

Minn
05-25-2010, 11:00 PM
I think if you ask me 10 years from now about my favourite player ever I'll say it's Rafa :)I'd say that now and probably in 10 years. I haven't been a consistent tennis fan; it was off and on for a few years.

It sounds great:

And that's all you have. For a minimum of 10 days. I'll jump right on that diet.

Yuck, yuck, yuck.

They will be replaced by 17 different ones on Thursday and then the final 25 on Saturday.

So glad it's not me that does this :o :lol:

goddammit all to hell, pico & pablin gone, schwankeleh gone, out of suicide, out of tt singles, rg is fucking over for me. and now zeballin has wrecked himself and won't be able to gam raffles as planned.

:fiery: also today my doubles partner was a complete and total fucking dick and i'm still in a rage over it and i never want to play with that fucking gye again :fiery:

i really wanted to lose on purpose just cuz i was so fucking RAGING MAD. but i didn't. but goddammit. You shouldn't play doubles with Sam Q. then.

everyone who's a believer say a prayer for me :scared: :unsure: Hi WG. Big day coming up?

Corey Feldman
05-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Woman on Eurosport news said Nadal "beat the 655th Seed"

FAIL

wildegirl05
05-26-2010, 12:01 AM
not right away, melanie. but it'll be here soon. like every doomsday scenario :sad:

hope things are well :hug:

star
05-26-2010, 12:10 AM

FAIL

That's a BIG tournament. :eek:

Nathaliia
05-26-2010, 12:10 AM
WG is here :woohoo: haven't seen you for years, is everything good? :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-26-2010, 12:18 AM
George Hitler and Rebecca pretty much told me to leave on a constant basis when I started posting here. :lol:

Who's Rebecca? :scratch:

I think some long lost member on MTF.

Aww Becca. An original Djokofan :awww: I miss her. I was petrified to meet her when I found out I was going to, I thought she was going to be mean. She was not mean :dance:

Eat.

Thank you for this recipe Linda, pal. :hug: I will print out this post and put it right into my recipe book :D

i really wanted to lose on purpose just cuz i was so fucking RAGING MAD. but i didn't. but goddammit.

I read back the whole days worth, nothing too much happened :D

I will not pray but I will send happy thoughts into the universe :hug:

wildegirl05
05-26-2010, 12:21 AM
WG is here :woohoo: haven't seen you for years, is everything good? :lol:

hey nathi. i'm not really here, this is the summer from hell aka bar prep. so "good" is relative. but bd made it better :awww:

how are you? are you done with law school too?

edit: thanks jess :smooch: i appreciate it.

Nathaliia
05-26-2010, 12:23 AM

hey nathi. i'm not really here, this is the summer from hell aka bar prep. so "good" is relative. but bd made it better :awww:

how are you? are you done with law school too?

edit: thanks jess :smooch: i appreciate it.
Taking it slowly. Too much sex, writing, gambling... and I got in conflict with the university officials... not my first one :lol: but I'll be fine... working on thesis a bit

BD is like opium but be careful to not overdose him :p

wildegirl05
05-26-2010, 12:34 AM
Taking it slowly. Too much sex, writing, gambling... and I got in conflict with the university officials... not my first one :lol: but I'll be fine... working on thesis a bit

is there such a thing as too much sex? :D sounds like a good time! i turned in my masters thesis and had my defense exactly a fortnight ago. one of my committee members was such a giant pain in the ass. i feel your pain. good luck! :yeah:

if bd were a controlled substance, i would vote for pot. plus if the bar doesn't work out, my back up plan is a hemp business with him :shrug:

edit: back to MS torts :sobbing: have a good night :wavey: see you guys on the other side :)

Nathaliia
05-26-2010, 12:37 AM
is there such a thing as too much sex? :D sounds like a good time! i turned in my masters thesis and had my defense exactly a fortnight ago. one of my committee members was such a giant pain in the ass. i feel your pain. good luck! :yeah:

if bd were a controlled substance, i would vote for pot. plus if the bar doesn't work out, my back up plan is a hemp business with him :shrug:
Well, you mention too much sex and giant pain in the ass in one paragraph, so ... :lol:

What was your thesis about?

I'd vote BD as hmm, maybe pot or an extasy pill... anyway something that keeps you laughing

wildegirl05
05-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Well, you mention too much sex and giant pain in the ass in one paragraph, so ... :lol:

:lol: touche.

What was your thesis about?

cyborgs, cyberspace, donna haraway, cyberfeminism. i guess the unifying theme was digital body/digital subjects. it's a WIP. it had too little foucault in it :( one day hopefully i'll get my PhD and complete it to my satisfaction.

how about yours?

I'd vote BD as hmm, maybe pot or an extasy pill... anyway something that keeps you laughing

i'm sure he'd like that ;)

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 01:44 AM
Chocolate-pistachio cake photos for George :lol:

The quality of the images is really poor though, it looks a lot better than that. :p

Thank you, just as you promised.

Minn
05-26-2010, 01:55 AM

FAIL :lol:

Since when is BD the new it thing...

:scratch:

6xcwt9mSbYE

Or maybe you all need

IlRF43-xaYc

savesthedizzle
05-26-2010, 02:28 AM
My fave Velvet Underground song :hearts:

Good one, that's definitely BD :D

Getta
05-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Just came across this :D:

http://nwolibrary.com/news/health/383-males

There's a lot more in the article.

i took a closer look at the whole article.

moving ending, some touch-sensitive switch design there. :yeah:

... Reporting last month in the journal American Naturalist, Dr. Stephanie J. Schrag of Emory University and her co-workers studied 49 populations of a freshwater African snail called Bulinus truncatus, carrier of the parasitic worm that causes schistosomiasis, a scourge among the people of Africa, Asia and Latin America.

The researchers discovered that the snail can shift its reproductive practices depending on whether there are likely to be parasitic worms in the water. If all is clear, the snails happily self-fertilize, crossing their eggs with internalized stores of sperm. But during the season of highest parasitic infestation, many snails grow penises and engage in sexual intercourse.

The key that spells the difference is water temperature: snails that spend their early days in warm water mature into self-fertilizing adults, while those reared in cold water turn into the variety equipped with so-called euphalluses.

"If it's colder when the snails are young, by the time they reach maturity it will be quite warm," Dr. Schrag said. "And the warm season is when the parasite prevalence really picks up."

Neither Dr. Shrag nor any other scientist believes that parasites alone explain the conundrum of sex, but they increasingly appear to be a large part of the puzzle. Paradoxically, then, the bearers of pain and death may also be a source of one of life's greatest joys.

star
05-26-2010, 03:25 AM
I like the parasite penis parabola.

Heya is on fire in the Roddick match thread. She has exceeded herself. :worship: :worship.

She is my All Time Favorite Poster.

Snoo Foo
05-26-2010, 04:57 AM
:awww:

this loser

I guess ass-kissing isn't enough
for the US 'heroes'.
How convenient.

reduced himself
into a prostitute. he acted like
he actually cared

For the camera,
I turn my head fast & rub my chin
on my shoulder

losing very early
everywhere. there aren't many
friends to lean on

that's why the crowd booed
his paranoid delusional
racket throw

Poor thing has caught
the Coward in Denial virus
on the beach.

Look at his confused face expression.
Not mentally sound at 27.
You better hope he'll vomit in a bag

this american doormat
needs all the resuscitation
he could beg for

don't worry. you'll lose
your career and marriage
within a decade

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/mtf/babyangry.png

Smoke944
05-26-2010, 05:06 AM
heya is a force of nature. he/she/it simply can't be stopped. too good :worship:

Mimi
05-26-2010, 06:04 AM
I like the parasite penis parabola.

Heya is on fire in the Roddick match thread. She has exceeded herself. :worship: :worship.

She is my All Time Favorite Poster.:bigcry: I thought your all time favourite is me? :nerner:

bokehlicious
05-26-2010, 06:28 AM

:speakles: :sad: :bigcry:

Well, not sure you deserve that now :o but since I still can't refuse you anything I'll say my prayer too :o :hug: :D

acionescu
05-26-2010, 07:09 AM
It sounds great:

And that's all you have. For a minimum of 10 days.

Thanks but i prefer to remain fat :bolt:

I will :kiss: *leaves for Church*

this loser

for the US 'heroes'.
How convenient.

reduced himself
he actually cared

For the camera,
on my shoulder

losing very early
friends to lean on

his paranoid delusional
racket throw

Poor thing has caught
on the beach.

this american doormat
he could beg for

don't worry. you'll lose
your career and marriage
within a decade

:haha: :worship: :haha: ;worship:

Castafiore
05-26-2010, 07:11 AM
No Borg or Ashe???? :bigcry:

No Edberg. :tears:
None of them. I know that it's blasphemy to not have been a fangirl of Borg but the iceberg attitude annoyed the hell out of me. I liked to watch Edberg for his legs :D (those legs in those shorts were a sight) but he was never one of my favorites either.

Who is your foat?
Other than Nadal? John McEnroe of course :worship:

My grandmother spoiled me terribly by washing up after all my cooking projects little by little as I dirtied the dishes.
Seriously? I still remember the big grins on the faces of my mum and my sister the first time I baked a cake and left the kitchen in a state. Took me ages to clean that mess up. :mad:
To be fair, my sister would probably have helped me out if it weren't for the times I left her to clean up the mess she'd made many times before.

Ah, you did see it. :)

scoobs
05-26-2010, 07:13 AM
not right away, melanie. but it'll be here soon. like every doomsday scenario :sad:

hope things are well :hug:
My missing love from across the water...

:hearts: :sad:

scoobs
05-26-2010, 07:16 AM
Yes, I saw it. All in all it was a dreadful two hours.

Many countries do not want to win this year.

bokehlicious
05-26-2010, 07:19 AM
I think I will write a song for next year's Eurovision, would be our best chance to win it again :shrug: :D coming after Celine Dion shouldn't be a problem I guess :shrug: :cool:

:p

MariaV
05-26-2010, 07:28 AM

She is my All Time Favorite Poster.

Ditto.

Yes, I saw it. All in all it was a dreadful two hours.

Many countries do not want to win this year.

Agreed. Eurovision 'experts' here say it's one of the weakest competitions in years. They like the Belgian song and I liked that gye too. :yeah:

I think I will write a song for next year's Eurovision, would be our best chance to win it again :shrug: :D coming after Celine Dion shouldn't be a problem I guess :shrug: :cool:

As deluded as your idol Fediva I see. :awww: :o :kiss: :D

scoobs
05-26-2010, 07:30 AM

I haven't heard yours yet but I gather it's sung in French by someone from the German area so this should be interesting.

acionescu
05-26-2010, 07:32 AM
The worst OOP ever today :o

scoobs
05-26-2010, 07:57 AM
it's not that bad...

Yesterday's was pretty dull though.

bokehlicious
05-26-2010, 07:58 AM
As deluded as your idol Fediva I see. :awww: :o :kiss: :D

:rolleyes: sometimes I amaze myself :shrug: :lol: :p

I haven't heard yours yet but I gather it's sung in French by someone from the German area so this should be interesting.

Really? :tape: couldn't they find a decent singer speaking proper French? :confused: :o

bokehlicious
05-26-2010, 08:13 AM
So, 4 Swiss in the OOP today, hopefully we'll have half of them in the next round... :o

MariaV
05-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Im reading back a little :spit:

@ at JM whining on Cosy Cafe for not getting enough attention :haha:

What else is new. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

I'm sure Rafa will play better but that was... :tape: :o

It was fucking pathetic.

Big Sam is still a good kid. :awww: :hug: :hug: I guess we all have such days, and he has been playing a lot lately. :awww:

So glad it's not me that does this :o

:worship: :bowdown: :hatoff:

i've never washed one piece of fruit in my entire life, ever.

:eek: :scared: :unsure:
I don't wash strawberries (or sometimes plums) from my mom's garden but other than that...

bokehlicious
05-26-2010, 08:22 AM
What else is new. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

You know I'd kill to get your attention back, you Eastern beauty :inlove: :hearts: :drool: :worship:

MariaV
05-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Oh, and I had cooking classes at school for 2 years when I was 11/12. I'm not the most imaginary and fancy cook and I've had my fails but men haven't been complaining so far. :p
I used to bake a lot when I lived with my parents but these days I have to stay away from desserts so... :bigcry: :crying2: I wonder if even Andreea's water diet would help. :o I have quite a sweet tooth, bad me. :(

Saumon
05-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Our Eurovision song is extremly bad this year:

IX2pxtkhx-M&NR

FAIL
The chick in Game Set and Mats said Rafa was thee 4 times title holder at RG. It could have been a bad translation of the French voice over though.
So, 4 Swiss in the OOP today, hopefully we'll have half of them in the next round... :o
France hadn't had so few Frenchies in the second round since 1981. :o

I'm hoping for an all Slovenian 3rd round. Vamos Bob and Greg! :rocker2:

acionescu
05-26-2010, 08:44 AM
Who are Bob and Greg? :unsure: Sounds like a 70's American sitcom :o

acionescu
05-26-2010, 08:44 AM
I only want to see Murray-Chela and Marcos from today's OOP :shrug:

And no OOP with Rafa is dull :armed:

MariaV
05-26-2010, 08:47 AM

Blaz Kavcic and Grega Zemlja, the Slovenians. :lol:

Gab, I watched Mats and Annabel Croft in English on ES but I didn't even notice that, title holder? I heard the 655th seed though. :angel: I wasn't probably paying enough attention.

bokehlicious
05-26-2010, 08:47 AM
And no OOP with Rafa is dull :armed:

Fangirl :rolleyes: :zzz: I take it you know you won't get to watch much of Rafito once clay season is over but still... :o

acionescu
05-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Sorry to dissapoint you, JM, but it was Rafa that was in QFs,SFs and Fs on regular basis since the last clay season was over :hug:

And no, I don't think that GS are all that count in tennis :D

bokehlicious
05-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Sorry to dissapoint you, JM, but it was Rafa that was in QFs,SFs and Fs on regular basis since the last clay season was over :hug:

How many titles did he grab? Can't seem to recall :scratch: :o :p

And no, I don't think that GS are all that count in tennis :D

:lol: of course you fangirls have your own way to rate tournies :o Barcelona is more important than that tourney held in Meadows Park isn't it? :awww: :hug:

adee-gee
05-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Our Eurovision song is extremly bad this year:
Oui, but the video started getting good about half-way in :D

Castafiore
05-26-2010, 08:56 AM
^ I can't listen to it at work but the title "Allez Olla Olé" sounds really inspiring.

Review of the first Eurosong SF final:
From the land that brought us manlove :o, Greece with OPA! Will easily reach the top 10 in the final.

Reminds me of that group of street artists I pass just about every day on my way to the metro here in Brussels. They usually come with a wide collection of weird looking music instruments and they're actually quite good. Very cheerful bunch. The other day, one of them was shouting "OPA! OPA! OPA!" all the time which made me grin as I passed him after which he started to talk to me in a language I can't understand. The only word that I could catch was "Romania".

bokehlicious
05-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Have plenty of them in front of my office door Hilde :rolleyes: :o

acionescu
05-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Where did I say something about grabbing titles? :scratch:

As contrary to the regular Fedtard i don't think my favorite is entitled to win a title as long as steps down on court. For Rafa, SF and F on HC are good enough. He'll win one from time to time, I'm not greedy :)
Of course I don't consider Barcelona a more important tournement than USO but I repeat, it's not only USO that counts. If it did we would only have 8 weeks of tennis/year and it's not like that, isn't it?

Saumon
05-26-2010, 09:04 AM

Blaz "Bob" Kavcic and Grega "Greg" Zemlja of course. :D

bokehlicious
05-26-2010, 09:06 AM
For Rafa, SF and F on HC are good enough. He'll win one from time to time, I'm not greedy :)

Oh please stop with that :o we all know you are all convinced he's the best to ever pick up the game... :o :p

acionescu
05-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Fuck the French keyboard. I just sent an e-mail full of "q" and "'" instead of "a" and "m" :rolls: :o

acionescu
05-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Oh please stop with that :o we all know you are all convinced he's the best to ever pick up the game... :o :p

I can't fool you, can't I? :awww: :o

bokehlicious
05-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Fuck the French keyboard. I just sent an e-mail full of "q" and "'" instead of "a" and "m" :rolls: :o

You have azerty keyboards in Romania? Not the qwerty? I couldn't type on a French keaboard, too used to my German qwertz keayboard :o

Castafiore
05-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Have plenty of them in front of my office door Hilde :rolleyes: :o
Here as well but most of them are :zzz:. Only a few stand out with actually a bit of quality music. That Romanian bunch is usually so cheerful that you can't help but smile.

Once in a while, a bunch of students from a music school take their instruments to the streets bring classical music. They're fantastic.

On the way from the railway station to the metro, there's this one spot to stand that's very much in demand. I've seen quite a few fights among street singers for that spot. It's usually where the Romanian bunch stand as well. There used to be a tiny but very feisty Portuguese female singer who would shout and wave her fist at anybody who tried to "take HER spot" but she's been conquered, I think.

acionescu
05-26-2010, 09:13 AM
I type in French for the fucking é,ç,à, etc but it's a struggle :(

MariaV
05-26-2010, 09:19 AM
JM putting words in other people's mouths again. :rolleyes: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Metis
05-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Giorgos Alkaios & Friends - OPA!

British commentator:

"Everyone wants friends like that. :lol: I sat next to the Greek dancers at breakfast, had a bowl of muesli; they put away half the egg production of Norway." :tape:

400pNY2TEWI

:dance:

the necklace :spit:

Metis
05-26-2010, 09:23 AM
well start Dent :o

Castafiore
05-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Just looking at that without the sound is hilarious.

It does remind me of an older version of that robot-boyband act they had a couple of years ago.

scoobs
05-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Not loving the Greek entry. At all.

Though we were speculating last night that if Greece won it, would it risk bankrupting the EU and plunging the entire world into a recession again, all because of the Eurovision Song Contest?

FormerRafaFan
05-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Seriously, if that greek song is the favorite.. WTH?!?! It's one of the most awful ESC songs I've ever heard, and that says something. The song is giving me a headache.

Metis
05-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Not loving the Greek entry. At all.

Though we were speculating last night that if Greece won it, would it risk bankrupting the EU and plunging the entire world into a recession again, all because of the Eurovision Song Contest?

:zzz:

MariaV
05-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Just looking at that without the sound is hilarious.

It does remind me of an older version of that robot-boyband act they had a couple of years ago.

That was the best! :worship: :bowdown: Too bad you cannot listen to it at work. :( :sad: Btw AJ likes that one too. ;)

GWDU9ZWMoEw

scoobs
05-26-2010, 09:39 AM
:zzz:
Well I think we're safe anyway unless Europe collectively takes leave of its senses.

Which is, of course, entirely possible.

Metis
05-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Oh noes, George will be along soon with dozens of clips from previous years. :lol:

Castafiore
05-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Yup, that's the one, Maria. Had me in tears of laughter, that one. I'll check out the video Metis posted this evening to see if it's up/down to the same levels.

Metis
05-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Sounds good, Metis. I copied and pasted that recipe. Thanks.

I didn't copy and paste Linda's, Mike's or Merton's recipes though. :p

Fluffy was on The Simpsons the other night:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8215/simpsonsfluffy.jpg

Fluffy :worship: :rolls:

I knew things would turn out this way. I said it all along. :D

good luck WG :hug:

this loser

for the US 'heroes'.
How convenient.

reduced himself
he actually cared

For the camera,
on my shoulder

losing very early
friends to lean on

his paranoid delusional
racket throw

Poor thing has caught
on the beach.

this american doormat
he could beg for

don't worry. you'll lose
your career and marriage
within a decade

:haha: :haha: :haha:

acionescu
05-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Watch Metis posting the same crap video again :bolt: Glad I'm at work :cool:

dal
05-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Thank fuck.

i like it here so I'm not going anywhere :cool:

i advise you to grow the hell up :rolleyes:

acionescu
05-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Watch Soderling losing exactly 10 games till QF and then nicely bending over for His GOATness :zzz:

Metis
05-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Watch Metis posting the same crap video again :bolt: Glad I'm at work :cool:

:speakles:

What are you talking about? Do you mean this one? :D

YPnGPIMUnus

Better than any Eurovision song ever!!!! :worship:

MariaV
05-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Watch Soderling losing exactly 10 games till QF and then nicely bending over for His GOATness :zzz:

That's NID. :D :shrug: Good he's not in Rafa's half this year. But this year it could be the evil Ljubicic or someone. :sad: I will not come out from behind Mike's sofa, that for sure. Even for the Zeballos match. :o :D

acionescu
05-26-2010, 09:59 AM
I see nothing, I see nothing, Metis :nerner:

bokehlicious
05-26-2010, 10:00 AM
JM putting words in other people's mouths again. :rolleyes: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

When will you stop getting obsessed :confused: :scared: I might report you for stalking other posters :shrug: :o :)

scoobs
05-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Does anyone else find that poem almost profound...idiot savant style?

MariaV
05-26-2010, 10:05 AM
When will you stop getting obsessed :confused: :scared: I might report you for stalking other posters :shrug: :o :)

Geeeeeeeeeeez, whom was I stalking? :haha: :haha: I only stay in this thread. :scratch: You were putting words in Andreea's mouth. You can put me on ignore you know, I recommend that. :D :kiss:

bokehlicious
05-26-2010, 10:06 AM
I recommend you put me on ignore Maria, that's you being obsessed, not the other way around! :shrug:

MariaV
05-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I recommend you put me on ignore Maria, that's you being obsessed, not the other way around! :shrug:

Haaaaha, you're the one talking about obsession, not me. :shrug: :kiss:
This said I'm off for lunch so have fun putting me on ignore. :wavey:

dal
05-26-2010, 11:04 AM
here's rogi's chance to train against a lefty....
:rocker2:

no more excuses :angel::armed:

bokehlicious
05-26-2010, 11:05 AM
There won't be any excuses Dal, Roger will dropshot his way to the title :cool: :)

dal
05-26-2010, 11:08 AM
naah he thought he overdid it last time :angel: .. the first few ones will tell:lol:

MariaV
05-26-2010, 11:10 AM
There won't be any excuses Dal, Roger will dropshot his way to the title :cool: :)

:spit: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:
Yep back to stalking you. :D

dal
05-26-2010, 11:12 AM
falla looks tired after the first point on serve :spit:

Castafiore
05-26-2010, 11:12 AM
It would be great if Malisse gets to finish his R1 match some time today.

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Oh noes, George will be along soon with dozens of clips from previous years. :lol:

Back to the kitchen.

Metis
05-26-2010, 11:19 AM
commentator:

"This will be a good test for Federer" :spit:

dal
05-26-2010, 11:21 AM

they scheduled another match before letting him finishing his 1st rd match (with the shitty weather forecast they have for today:tape:):retard:

dal
05-26-2010, 11:21 AM
commentator:

"This will be a good test for Federer" :spit:

yea right :rolls:

Castafiore
05-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Tsonga is walzing over his opponent. One bagel down, a second coming? :o

This will be a good test for Federer"
:scratch:
A test in trying hard not to look bored while toying with his opponent?

they scheduled another match before letting him finishing his 1st rd match
There's a rule about that, no?
It still sucks, though. Esp. given the fact that Malisse is not beyond choking a match away.

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 11:22 AM

Stop it Frenchie, they are playing now.

Metis
05-26-2010, 11:23 AM
I see nothing, I see nothing, Metis :nerner:

I'll make sure to post it again later. :devil:

Does anyone else find that poem almost profound...idiot savant style?

Heya's posts were great by themselves but Snoo did an excellent job putting those fragments together to form that poem. The photo in the end was the cherry on top. :lol:

Back to the kitchen.

no chocolate-pistachio cake for you. :ras:

dal
05-26-2010, 11:24 AM
It still sucks, though. Esp. given the fact that Malisse is not beyond choking a match away.

they're playing now :dance:

Castafiore
05-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Ouanna on the scoreboard.

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 11:26 AM

Yes, there is a rule about that. There needs to be sufficient rest usually 12 hours , plus after they went off which was late. They need to do the warm downs and recovery, get something to eat and then back to the hotel.

acionescu
05-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Wellcome to the new clay God..............Victor Troicki :worship: :worship:

Castafiore
05-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Olivier Rochus is off to a good start as well. :yeah:

Breadstick coming up for Tsonga.

Metis
05-26-2010, 11:34 AM

acionescu
05-26-2010, 11:34 AM
With this new title, I feel a little like I don't belong here :tears:

MariaV
05-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Heya's posts were great by themselves but Snoo did an excellent job putting those fragments together to form that poem. The photo in the end was the cherry on top. :lol:

Yep, credit to Snoo! :worship: :bowdown:

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Start slowly Vlach and you can build up to it.

Metis
05-26-2010, 11:37 AM

I think Hema was being sarcastic. :(

Metis
05-26-2010, 11:38 AM
pretty soon Falla will realize who's on the other side of the net :hug:

dal
05-26-2010, 11:39 AM
I think Hema was being sarcastic. :(

you gave her the opportunity with the pic :angel::p

Peta Pan
05-26-2010, 11:40 AM
That was the best! :worship: :bowdown: Too bad you cannot listen to it at work. :( :sad: Btw AJ likes that one too. ;)

GWDU9ZWMoEw

I was trying to read back a few pages but got too many Eurovision spoilers so I had to give up :p

(we don't get Tuesday's semi shown til Friday night here)

But wanted to put my :worship: down for Sagapo... a truly brilliant all time Eurovision song :)

Metis
Those mugs, always playing the match of their life against Federer :rolleyes:

acionescu
Start slowly Vlach and you can build up to it.

Believe me, I did start :D But slowly indeed :o

Betty
05-26-2010, 11:41 AM
just unreal i change my de bakker èick and now he is winning
and i did for nothing our opponents picked ggl too:bigcry:

dal
05-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Those mugs, always playing the match of their life against Federer :rolleyes:

sound like him :spit:

Metis
05-26-2010, 11:43 AM
16 UEs for the GOAT. Where's Claire? :D

FormerRafaFan
05-26-2010, 11:43 AM
What is up with the green headband Rafa is wearing these days? I like the yellow one much better!

Betty
05-26-2010, 11:44 AM
i said falla 3-0:rolleyes:see mike that was my right risk:(

Peta Pan

I know the feeling. Cooking is not exactly my caper either :help:

Sometimes I can get a good result out of whacking stuff together but I'm no brilliant chef... and I really don't enjoy cooking at all (but I do enjoy eating :p )

Castafiore
Come on, Xavier. Finish it. :)

Edit: He's through. :bounce: If I'm not mistaken, Ferrer is up next. That's going to be another matter. :o

MariaV
05-26-2010, 11:45 AM

I was trying to read back a few pages but got too many Eurovision spoilers so I had to give up :p

(we don't get Tuesday's semi shown til Friday night here)

But wanted to put my :worship: down for Sagapo... a truly brilliant all time Eurovision song :)

Hi Peta! :wavey: Sagapo has to be :worship:ed! Sorry about the spoilers but you will have your fun anyway I hope. :D :hug:
And what's great, the Eurovision semis and the final start after the day at Roland Garros ends so it's perfect entertainment for the night here in Europe. :D

dal
05-26-2010, 11:45 AM
the attempt at the drop shot :spit:

no worries he'll get the break back :rocker2:

MariaV
05-26-2010, 11:47 AM
What is up with the green headband Rafa is wearing these days? I like the yellow one much better!

Oh I loved Rafa's outfit yesterday. :hearts: :inlove: But then again I have a green fetish. :o

Metis
05-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Falla :spit:

Action Jackson
Come on, Xavier. Finish it. :)

Edit: He's through. :bounce: If I'm not mistaken, Ferrer is up next. That's going to be another matter. :o

Ferrer the man who was on the other side of the famous meltdown.

dal

Sometimes I can get a good result out of whacking stuff together but I'm no brilliant chef... and I really don't enjoy cooking at all (but I do enjoy eating :p )

peta:hug:

not with you on that one either :tape: i would happily spend the whole day in the kitchen, cooking, eating and talking about food :lol:

dal
05-26-2010, 11:49 AM
congrats Hilde:yeah:

star
05-26-2010, 11:50 AM

That Hema! So mean. :( :hug: :hug:

Yep, credit to Snoo! :worship: :bowdown:

I didn't read back. Did she post the poem in the match thread or here? I loved those Heya posts. It was some of her best work.

Castafiore
05-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Ferrer the man who was on the other side of the famous meltdown.
That was some tantrum, wasn't it? :D

Castafiore
05-26-2010, 11:53 AM
congrats Hilde:yeah:
Not that I had anything to do with it :lol: :o but any win for Xavier is a bonus, esp. in a slam event.

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 11:53 AM
That was some tantrum, wasn't it? :D

Dewulf is a big fan, though he controlled his temper better on court. It's quite funny as he is quite placid off the court, but the opposite on the court.

I remember at the AO when he played Rampras at qualies and he was complaining about the yellow the ballkids wore because it was the same colour as the ball.

Metis
05-26-2010, 11:54 AM

Nothing wrong with that. To me cooking is like a useful hobby. Maybe if I had a big family to cook for, I wouldn't feel the same way. :lol:

Betty
05-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Not that I had anything to do with it :lol: :o but any win for Xavier is a bonus, esp. in a slam event.

tell to oliver to do the same:o

Castafiore
05-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Dewulf had his wacky moments as he regularly points out himself in his blog.

Metis
05-26-2010, 11:56 AM
star, I quoted the poem a few posts earlier.

Castafiore
I'm not really a Olivier Rochus fan so he's on his own. :D

dal
never in doubt :rolls:

Betty
05-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Nothing wrong with that. To me cooking is like a useful hobby. Maybe if I had a big family to cook for, I wouldn't feel the same way. :lol:

i have to cook :devil:sometime i like other time no..depend of the mood and the time i have for do it:p

dal

is he in sod's quarter :angel:??

Betty
I'm not really a Olivier Rochus fan so he's on his own. :D

me too but i need him:sad:

MariaV
05-26-2010, 11:58 AM
That Hema! So mean. :( :hug: :hug:

I didn't read back. Did she post the poem in the match thread or here? I loved those Heya posts. It was some of her best work.

Here, read a few pages back. Adooooorable baby Andy R. photo

Action Jackson
05-26-2010, 11:58 AM
i have to cook :devil:sometime i like other time no..depend of the mood and the time i have for do it:p

If you couldn't cook, wouldn't they take your Italian citizenship away?

Betty
05-26-2010, 12:01 PM
If you couldn't cook, wouldn't they take your Italian citizenship away?

dont care of it;)
i started really to cook when francy was born..before..more take away:o
before i also worked full time ..:ono time u know...:p

i dont need oliver:banana: i m only without neurones lately,boss is killing me at work so i cant read also an easy diff of tt:D

dal
05-26-2010, 12:03 PM
claire is not gonna be happy 15 winners/ 21 UFE :mad::(

acionescu
05-26-2010, 12:06 PM
The GOAT is losing? :hope:

acionescu
05-26-2010, 12:07 PM
WTF :smash: They shit their pants even for winning sets against him :zzz:

Corey Feldman
05-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Fedmug turned up

this match reminds me of Acasuso last year.. same round, same time of day, same conditions

by those lines Falla should get more chances to win sets and maybe the match

dal
05-26-2010, 12:09 PM
WTF :smash: They shit their pants even for winning sets against him :zzz:

they don;t know how to be a break up against him not even a set up :tape::spit:

Corey Feldman
05-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Mug breaks